Reviews of Catalonia Ramblas 4* Sup 4 stars

Pelai, 28, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

#148 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

We could not sleep at night because the AC had no temperature control. It would either become freezing unbearably cold or when we would shut the AC it became stuffy.

The location is great the hotel breakfast is poor and the room bad I Is a 3 star hotel
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 3 Children)

I didn’t like the room it was supposed to be a junior suite for 5 people and instead it was one big room with Two double beds one sofa and a very little bed

I liked the location

Really nice place with great staff!

Check-in was a little long and no iron/ironing boards in the room. Would have loved to have free bottled water in the room.

Excellent location! Easy to travel around to different parts of Barcelona. Clean hotel and nice rooms! Excellent staff!

Not superior

Breakfast on the underground floor without windows was depressive. Not enough sun beds near swimming pool. Very uncomfortable open bathroom in the entrance of the room.

Although expensive compared to what we are used to we found the hotel really suited all of our needs
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was extremely comfortable, The staff were very helpful specially we can only speak English. The situation of the Hotel was excellent enabling us to get around Barcelona easily.

Friendly, helpful staff.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace and Private Pool

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean and beautiful hotel. I stayed in a superior room with private pool which was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed my time at this hotel.

Excellent Location - Average Property
    • Double or Twin Room

So many things were not up to the standard considering how seriously expensive this was. They didn't clean / change the sheets everyday which was a real shocker. They upgraded us to a bigger room, which was lovely, but gave us two beds stuck to each other as opposed to a single king/ queen bed .. very strange .. they offered to change the room but it was more hassle. The rooftop they show on the website is below average and offers ZERO views of anything. Didnt try the food so cant really judge, but friends said it was good. While the location was excellent, I wouldn't stay there again given the quality of rooms / hotel in general vs. the cost. Personally, would be happy to walk much longer to get to the main busy area than be close and not enjoy the property - but yet again this is my personal preference.

The location The helpful staff

Excellent experience, with the exception of the restaurant.
    • Double or Twin Room

The restaurant Pelai was somewhat disappointing. The waiters were very nice, but the food was not tasty. I asked for a salad of tomatoes RAF w/bonito (white tune) but the tomato had nothing to do with the RAF variety and instead of bonito i got simple tuna. It was inexpensive though.

This hotel is very well located, short walking distance from the Plaza Cataluña, Barrio Gótico, Ramblas, Paseo de Gracia. I asked for a quiet room and it was perfect, it was spacious and has all necessary comfort. The staff is very nice. Very good value for price.

It was well located, clean with a nice roof top pool.
    • Family Room (4 guest)

Our room was small for 4 people, plus we were told we had 2 single beds and a double which wasn't the case. I think compared to what else I looked at this seemed expensive. The lay out is confusing in the hotel!

It was well located, clean with a nice roof top pool.

Great stay, staff very helpful.

Bar area was very small, noisy as it was close to reception where people generally gathered with their suitcases to wait for airport taxi transport. G&T drinks were very expensive too!

Good breakfast buffet and great pool and poolside bar service.

Dis organised. Lazy. Unpleasant. Avoid.
    • Double or Twin Room

I checked in my sons into the Hotel unaccompanied (nearly 18 & 16), for 5 nights in a twin room, and had to provide paperwork. Which I did two days advance of the stay. My sons were refused check in as the Hotel couldn't find it. Despite informing them that I had paid the full bill in advance (and telling me that, yes, they had my 3,150euro). After forcing them to check (or they would have put my children out on the street at 10pm) they did indeed have the correct documents. My sons were eventually put in a double bedded room. I asked that they be moved as this was not what was booked. It never happened - so two teenage boys shared a bed for 5 nights too polite to complain.

Breakfast was good.

Excellent location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very good, but charge extra.

Excellent location. Friendly efficient and helpful stuff. Large and nicely decorated room. (we chose the premium double,. Clean. + OUTDOOR SWIMMING POOL with chairs, sofas and pool bar.

We were 4 people in a room, that was constantly made for...
    • Family Room (4 guest)

We were 4 people in a room, that was constantly made for only 2+1, and even though we notified the staff a couple of times a day for four days, nothing happened. The staff was friendly but nobody "had the authority". to change matters. Afterwards we followed the procedure which was given to us by the staff at the hotel and wrote a complaint, but it brought nothing, even though we were promised to get a respond from the management. All in all its too much money to pay, when you end up being "the nagging guests".

I will not come back for a third time

I was in this hotel 3 years ago and I enjoyed it very much. I went back again and the level of service and cleanliness decreased. One of the girls could not come because of medical condition and paid a full price We asked at least to compensate us for breakfast / late departure / balcony and did not agree. The rooms have a strong smell of mold. You hear everything that goes in the hallway. People's laughter, slamming doors, even footsteps. It is very disturbing to sleep especially as the cleaners start cleaning there very early in the morning

Great location, nice staff.

Overpriced hotel in a good location
    • Double or Twin Room

Overpriced hotel I declined the 20 euro per head breakfast .How could anyone justify that price ? You can get a nice breakfast at the cafe across the road for about 6 euro I didn't pay the 40 euro price to sign up for their loyalty card (I have never been asked to pay for a loyalty card before ) Didn't try any of the other overpriced extras offered Room was at back of the hotel with a small window and not worth the charge rate average bathroom with minimum toiletries offered

Good location near airport bus stop but next time I will take the metro and stay somewhere else Good internet surprised they didn't charge for it

fantastic location, fantastic staff, would recommend to everyone.
    • Double or Twin Room

just a great location and the staff, everyone of them was excellent, we're sorting out our dates for next year, please keep us updated with any deals, thanks again for a great stay.

Absolutely everything!
    • Double or Twin Room

Absolutely everything! - location close to Ramblas, shops, restaurants and area was quite - the best thing was that they give you a device called “handy” with free internet and applications to help you book whatever you want while you are outside the hotel -hotel was clean, nice, staff were very helpful

Great stay for a family of 4
    • Family Room (4 guest)

The breakfast was ok. Overpriced for what you get. The cooked foods were a little oily and the pastries were a little oily too. Would probably choose to have breakfast there the first morning but then try somewhere nearby after that.

We were in a spacious and clean family room that accommodated 2 adults and 2 children easily. The room had everything we needed. Location was perfect. 5 minute walk to La Ramblas, lots of restaurants, Starbucks and the Hop on and Hop off buses. Pool area was nice.

Amazing. Again.
    • Junior Suite with Private Pool

Nothing. The place is perfect.

Everything. 2nd stay in the Junior suite. There will definitely be a 3rd. Staff are amazing. Room service is a 10. Cheaper than eating out. Tastier to! Random free drinks & treats brought in. Much appreciated.

Great location plenty to do and eat locally. Great for the Plaza Catalonia the main square in Barca
    • Double or Twin Room

The late opening of the main restaurant

The Breakfast is fantastic and is replenished regularly. The main restaurant does not open till 8-00 pm so if you have children with you or like to eat earlier hard luck

I loved the place.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel seems a little bit old and it may requires modern innovation.

I liked the room's ambience, and very helpful good staff. Breakfast level is good and the location is great for a tourist.

we had poor weather, so we couldn't use the pool.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the housekeeping crew because they never replenished the washroom supplies except for the towels. I just felt they were cheating me.

The Bed was great The check in and check out staff was excellent.

The location of hotel is excellent for getting to know city...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast price (eur 20,0 per person per night) was a bit high, you can have a meal outside for less money.

The location of hotel is excellent for getting to know city by public transport. Very close to central metro lines which is convenient at late hours. Also very comfy beds, large bathroom and really good stuff attitude.

A beautiful special hotel in the heart of Barcelona, close to everything!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located in the heart of Barcelona. The room and the bathroom very comfy and they upgraded us to a room with a terrace and a bath tub. Wonderful!

Good location - but service and price value balance not justified.

1. We booked and paid room for 3 persons - but only got small room with extra bed put into it - little space to move during our stay - see attached photo 2. We selected that hotel due to pool and indoor spa facilities - but at check-in it was forbidden for our 11 year old son to enter the spa area. We could have a hotel at similar location without spa for cheaper price. Some 300 Euro lost. 3. Room service only late afternoon around 4 p.m. - exactly when we wanted to relax from sight-seeing. We then had to ask for room cleaning and service when leaving for dinner 4. Short term after having booked the non-refund price option we realised at Booking.com website a lower price and free-cancellation after first night - now we feel cheated by the hotel and booking.com 5. We booked through Wizzair and Booking.com promising a 10 % discount. So far we have not received that or got any credit for our booking - how to proceed to get this promised discount back?

Good location, friendly staff

I Love Barcelona!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Not a good idea when jetlagged to try and sleep in a hotel with paper thin walls - you can hear everything!! The service could've been a lot better for a 4 star hotel - I needed an international plug and was told 'we don't have any', I waited for milk to be delivered to my room which never came and then called reception again the following morning and was told I'd have to wait until the breakfast room opened (2hrs later). I ended up walking down the street to purchase a bottle of milk.

I loved the location of this hotel and the vast breakfast selection to start your day off in Barcelona! My room for one was spotless, comfortable and very spacious compared to most European hotels. If you want to slow down and chillax just take a 3 min stroll to Las Ramblas and devour Spanish ice cream while sitting on a bench seat people watching.

The hotel restaurant is closed at 5pm !
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel restaurant is closed at 5pm ! People from abroad do not have to eat at the time when Spanish After traveling I was tired and I had to look for another restaurant, I consider it a big minus of the hotel !

lovely hotel, excellent location. Shame about the girls.

There was a group of girls at the pool, they were shouting and being foul mouthed, and spoilt it for everyone. A lot of guests left the pool, including us. A gentleman who I believe to be the manager, walked by and said nothing. That was a black mark against the hotel. But I still liked the hotel.

I didn't use the restaurant,but the hotel was first class

The smill in path room not good .
    • Double or Twin Room

The smill in path room not good ... there is no tissue in bath room .. and the sleeper in room not free off charge... this first hotel in the world i see this police .

Great location and very kind staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

SPA is not allowed to kids but this was not clearly mentioned.

Great location and very kind staff. Very Nice food. Breakfast is high valuable and restaurant (lunch) very nice.

Not for light sleepers
    • Double or Twin Room

The location it is on a very noisy street and the doors slam too so expect to have a disturbed sleep, npt enough plug sockets

Good location, nice clean reception with helpful staff, spacious cleab rooms

Fantastic hotel, very professional staff and central to main sites in Barcelona.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace and Private Pool

We thoroughly enjoyed our private terrace and pool, the room was very spacious with a very comfortable bed. Location excellent, just around the corner from Las Ramblas. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We asked for a late checkout and were granted it until 4.00pm as we had a late flight that night for a small charge. Buffet breakfast was great with a good selection of food on offer.

Was amazing Hotel and the best service and staff was very...
    • Double or Twin Room

Was amazing Hotel and the best service and staff was very nice. The location it’s perfect. Very much recommend about everything that I wrote. Good luck and see you again in the future.

We had a relaxed, comfortable and very enjoyable experience.
    • Double or Twin Room

Outdoor pool not in use which was disappointing. However, there is an indoor spa pool which we enjoyed.

Room was spotlessly clean and the bed was super comfy. Soundproofing worked well as it was very quiet at night. All the staff were friendly and helpful. It’s a three minute walk to Catalonia square and the top of the Ramblas so it’s in a good location. We walked down to the beach, the gothic quarter and passeig Garcia from the hotel. Plenty of shops and restaurants around. A fantastic stay would recommend.

Amazing hotel, would stay again!
    • Double or Twin Room

The only downside was the swimming pool was under construction which made it unavailable to use, it was a little bit inconvenient as my partner and myself were looking forward to using it.

As soon as I arrived I felt welcomed by all members of staff, we were even given an upgrade to a bigger room. The bed was so comfy and the room/hotel were always clean and tidy. Exceptional service from all staff!

• Double or Twin Room

Not as advertised. Weren’t told you have to reserve book into the pool. No iron in room , no tea / coffee machine in room but it had the cups etc.

Barcelona was as usually lovely but our would have been fantsticwe had chosen another hotel.

We arrived at around 2 PM but were told our triple room was not ready and were requested to wait until 3 PM, as there were no triple room available. Meanwhile we noticed another family of 3 who had done booking directly with Hotel and arrived around 2:45 got their room immediately. We got a triple room (Double Bed + Sofa Bed) on ground floor with window to a dark patio at around 3:25 PM after I complained against the room which was completely different from picture in Booking.com and asking for a full refund and that we want to move to another hotel; they immediately give us another triple room on 1st floor with a view to small alley and flats at opposite side behind the hotel. We were really upset with the fact their rude front deck staff lied to us upon our arrival of no available triple room while those room were already available!!?? The blankets were smelly and not clean although the sheets were changed!!?? The front desk guy with a black beard and two girls were too rude. The front desk staff are liars and too unfriendly. We never stay there. We had stayed in this hotel 4 times before but 2 times with direct booking. They said on our arrival that the pool is closed until end April but there was no indication on booking.com!!!??

It is close to Catalonia place and La Ramblas Catalonia that is lively until mid night.

Nice hotel & staff but advertising is misleading and construction was nosy
    • Double or Twin Room

They're currently doing work on the pool and this is not communicated in the advertising for the hotel which is perhaps a little misleading. Also, for some reason I was put in a room which faced the pool construction eye-level. It was nosy.

I thought the staff were very good and helpful.

i hope to be there soon
    • Double or Twin Room

there was nothing that don't like

the largest room i had on my trips in Europe.the extra bathroom with separate shower.full and wonderful breakfast .wifi is excellent.reception and attendants are extremly polite.

Comfortable and convenient
    • Double or Twin Room

While the staff tried really hard to allow us an early check in as we arrived early in the morning, the insisted on us waiting '5 mins' which ended up being over 3 hours. At which point we couldn't wait any longer as we had a tour booked

There was a nice spa downstairs and we used the pool because it was raining. It was a quiet hotel and the beds were really comfortable. It was in an excellent location.

Excellent bed, big room and fantastic breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Not enough goddies for a 4 start Sup Hotel. No courtesy mineral bottle of water on arrival, No slippers, small TV screen, breakfast expensive, no nice views

Excellent bed, big room and fantastic breakfast

Very close and fabulous location. Highly recommend!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We found a bottle of beer in our floor that we did not put there, was scared someone had broken in. But it must of been an accident by a maid or something.

the room was cleaned and immaculate everyday!

Christian at the bar was great!
    • Double or Twin Room

Christian at the bar was great! All staff incredibly friendly too. There was a doorman who was exceptionally helpful when we checked in. I unfortunately don't recall his name though.

Good place for a short stay but expensive
    • Double or Twin Room

The cost was very high, but it was located right in the heart of Barcelona. Parking was in their own car park. Good food, nice staff and room was very nice. Had to wait for breakfast tables as there was a Congress on and the hotel was full. Restaurant staff were very busy hence the wait.

Amazing hotel👌
    • Family Room (4 guest)

The hotel is amazingly beautiful. Excellent service and very courteous and courteous are happy to help. The large rooms are clean and comfortable. Hotel location is minute from the Ramblas. Close to many sites. I'm sure I'll return to this hotel again.

Nice and lovely Team @ check in.
    • Double or Twin Room

The interior lighting is well designed but we were simply just unable to figure out how to turn on/off the lamps :-)

Nice and lovely Team @ check in. We arrived much earlier than expected but they perfectly managed it so we could take our room in a few mins.

Made our stay perfect
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing really , just no drawers in our room that would have just made our room a little more tidy

Great room , comfy bed , just no drawers to put anything away that was my only hate , everything else was great, l booked this hotel to celebrate my sons birthday , and my two sons and friends came , we all loved it . We will be returning , and willldefinately book here again . Location is perfect and you don’t hear any noise, and a really good breakfast to start the day. Reception were really helpful and very kind , thankyou

Holidas with unpleasant leave
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1. When we arrived at the hotel, stopping in front of the hotel for 2 cars was occupied by a taxi in the middle, so no other car could park. The driver and the goalkeeper (ALBERT's name) spoke at the door of the hotel and did not bother to move the car in order to park my car. Under these conditions, I had to park half the car outside the parking space. While I was checking in, the goalkeeper said that the police are reporting my car. This situation could have been avoided if the ALBERT goalkeeper did his job and required the taxi driver to park properly in one place. 2. The bathroom was unpleasant odor from the shower hydrant. The "solving" of the cleaner was to give a smelly spray that did not solve the problem. 'Solution

Amazing hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

Stayed here for a couple nights! Brilliant place to stay staff very helpful and even gave us a free upgrade! Rooms clean and very comfy! In a great location just a few minutes walk from the centre of Barcelona! Would definitely recommend and stay here again!

Never again!
    • Double or Twin Room

Worst overall hotel experience in Bcn so far. First night was ok, but after a few hours the next morning, I noticed small red marks on my body. Throughout the day the "marks" got itchy, swollen, and I understand that they where some kind of insect bites. Reaction got worse, I felt sick with fever. I went to the farmacia to get some help and advice. Staff at the farmacia told us it was a reaction from bedbug bites or some kind of parasitic insects. February is a cold month, and there are no mosquitoes flying around in the city. We told the reception, and surly they went to check the room and bed. Bedbugs live and feed of people while asleep and they a small and hard to find. So we didn't expect them to find anything. Just told them to change the entire bed, hopefully including the fleece blankets in between sheets hotels rarely wash or change. The manager found a pack of prescription medicine and asked us if that could be some sort of side effect. I'm sorry, what ? Then we got "upgraded" to a smaller room, just next to ours. We stayed there for 3 more nights, and never really recovered from the unpleasant feeling and thoughts of being bitten while you sleep. Never felt so tired after a «relaxing» vacation. Most of the staff where also just careless and rude. After all that, not that I expected any compensation, they didn't even bother to give us a breakfast on the house. Charged every penny. Hasta luego.

Good breakfast with omelette chef, Nespresso machine and a tasty buffet. The so called "spa" was free of charge, which is unusual in Barcelona. Located in the hearth of the city.

After a bumpy start, had to change room 2 times: 1 - 2...
    • Double or Twin Room

After a bumpy start, had to change room 2 times: 1 - 2 single beds when we had asked for a double bed, 2 - very noisy neighbors. The manager, Ruth, spoke to us and after that it was 5 stars. From the free bottle of champagne to the night chocolates and the friendly stuff.

Rooms are very noisy, there isn't any sound proof,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are very noisy, there isn't any sound proof, entire sound of street and inside hotel (for example walking/talking people in hotel premises) all can hear easily in room

Perfect!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I loved everything about this hotel. The bed was super comfy, room very quiet even though the hotel is in such a perfect and central location. Every staff member was really helpful and friendly- I will definitely return.

I was sorry that my vacation didn't last longer!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was so perfect that it is even unfair to say that there was something that I didn't like...but when I travel for the weekend I don't usually take toiletries with me, so given the standard of the facilities it would have been helpful if the hotel offered a better set of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.

The bed was fantastic, bathroom huge and with an amazing shower and the breakfast delicious with so many options! The location is perfect! I will be staying there again.

Housekeeper when cleaning my room they Opened the balcony...
    • Double or Twin Room

Housekeeper when cleaning my room they Opened the balcony door and After they left they forgot to shut the balcony door, the door was opened till night, i informed the reception, and the next day the housekeeper did the same. On the other hand i came to my room one night i found a dirty cover and pellow sheets on the desk.

Experience at Catalonia Ramblas hotel

I didn't like it's washrooms. that are not comfortable to use. secondly staffs at reception took too much time for doing Check in.

I mostly like it's location which is in a center of Barcelona. Ramblas street is near by and all good restaurants are near by for good good.

Not Suitable For Families!!!!!!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

The Hotel not Suitable for Families at all!!!! You can not use the spa or even the pool only after your age above 14!!!!! Wrong Hotel policy!!! Could u tell me another 4 star hotel, where you refusing late check out!?! Rediculus. Breakfast was overpriced!!!! 20eur/person. One day they charged the kids, other day not! So??? Depend on the manager working on the floor!!! Well done👏👏👏👏

Everything was briliiant, the staff were really nice with...

The rooms wernt really soundproof, i could hear people upstairs singing ...

Everything was briliiant, the staff were really nice with amazing attitudes

The best hotel in Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room

For me nothing could be better,it was perfect.

It is like the felling of coming back home.I stayed many times in this wonderfull hotel and i shall come many more .It is a perfect location,elegant,friendly.The rooms are very comfortable and the atmosfer very friendly.

Bed room size was brilliant and facilities in it were good...
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed room size was brilliant and facilities in it were good and bed a good size and very comfy. Staff on front desk were very helpful on all fronts. Location of the hotel is spot on

Wonderful stay in Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room

I liked everything about the hotel. A little confusing at first about which elevator to take but once we figured that out our stay was wonderful.

The hotel is beautiful; the staff very helpful. The location is great; very close to the Metro station and stores. We were able to see the beautiful parade on January 5 right outside of our hotel. What a wonderful experience. The breakfast buffet is worth the money. Beautifully displayed food. You can even have champagne or a Bloody Mary with your breakfast.

Good hotel with room towards the garden, no disturbances...
    • Double or Twin Room

Quite some noise in the corridor during cleaning since the room next to us was some kind of supply room. Breakfast was too expensive.

Good hotel with room towards the garden, no disturbances from traffic. Good location, nice spa facilities. Comfortable beds!

Outstanding, excellent hotel. Will certainly recommend and use again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Had unfortunate issue with items removed from the room. Management could not have been more helpful and apologetic. Bit unfortunate it happened, but outstanding service following this. Top tip, use the safe!

Hotel located in excellent location. 2 minute walk to La Ramblas and Catalunya Square and 10 minutes walk from Airport shuttle bus. Hotel exceptionally clean, with excellent staff and management. Don't expect typical English fayre for breakfast, but plenty of choice, pastries, bread, omelettes,fruit etc.

Exellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

What is the best in hotel: exellent location and big room Hotel is very crowdy and noisy but we had a room on the first floor far from the hall also with double doors in room so it was quiet. Big and comfortable bad, enough place for goods. Tea and cups in the room. And very good location in few min walk from Catalonia Square where are all kinds of transport so you can get everywhere you need. Helpful staff even there was crazy ammount of guests in the same moment.

Fab Stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

the accommodation was extremely clean and tidy and the value for money was brilliant. hotel was modern and accommodative in every way! would definitely recommend to others!

The outdoor swimming pool was not heated, and the indoor SPA...

The outdoor swimming pool was not heated, and the indoor SPA had an age restriction of 14 years, which meant that if you are traveling with younger children off season, the swimming pool could be a dissapointment.

Pleasant stay
    • Double or Twin Room

- No complementary drinking water inside the rooms only for higher grade rooms ?? - No nespresso machines inside the rooms.

- They have upgraded me to a bigger room because of the baby cot. - The rooms were designed perfectly. - Main street view with a small balcony. - Near to LA RAMBLA max 10 Min. walking

Very pleasant stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Toilet ran constantly after 1st day. Room didn’ t get cleaned on the first day and was cleaned very late on the second day.

Location, atmosphere and comfort.

This is a last time staying here we will take a money and fambily else we're next year

Bad front desk very bad

We stayed here from the 27th till the 3th ad we did one year ago 30 of my family members and we were treated like animals the one girl at the front desk was so rude she should not be working in a hotel like this never again

Very Good
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking and reception information about the places to go.

The hotel location is very good, but the parking was a really challenge and I had to pay 35 Euro to park the car outside as the hotel parking was not available though I asked for a space from the first day with no feedback from the staff

Disappointed
    • Double or Twin Room

We arrived late at night, 23.30. We could not check in because the computer system had crashed and they were unable to allocate us a room until it was operational. I was suffering from a virus and my daughter was very tired after the flight. I asked how long they estimated to restore the system. 15 mins or 1 hour or more. Because I needed to assess the situation to establish if I would wait or go to find another hotel . If it would have been 1 hour I would have gone elsewhere because I was in pain and needed to lay down. They could of provided a room that they knew was available and dealt with the logistics later. We were invited to sit in the lobby until further notice. We were offered a drink which we glady accepted but it never arrived. Fortunately the technical issued was resolved after about 20 mins and we were provided with a room. As it was too late to go to a restaurant we called room service to order a pizza. The pizza we requested was the only one on the menu not available. Instead I ordered 2 club sandwich and they arrived 40 mins later. Big portions and much better than your average room service club. We could not eat all of it as they were very big, so when we finished I placed the serving tray outside the door because the room was smelling of fried food. The next morning when we left the room at 1000am the tray was still on the floor outside the room. We were out all day, returning to the hotel at 1830. Arriving at our room, the tray with the remains of our meal from the previous night was still on the floor. You could smell the odour of fried food in the corridor in front of our room and the adjacent room. This meant that guests from next door had to walk past the tray all day. Housekeeping just left our room as we arrived and I saw them pass the tray with the service trolley and ignored picking it up. Entering my room, I picked up the telephone to call reception.

December's Spain escape

The floor in room. Tile. Cold as ice. Specially in bathroom. Better take slippers from home. There is nothing in the hotel (bathrobe was not presented either).

Location of the Hotel is perfect! Close to Ramblas, metro/bus station. Market and cofe-shops, but not on a busy street. Makes this hotel very cozy and quite.

all in all nice, clean and located well

there was a leak in our bedroom. we reported several times befor it was fixed. also the room keys didnt work well. we needed to go twice each time we wanted to enter the room/ the staff answer was that the key dont work well if kept next to credit card but that wasnt right in our case, kept in different other ways.

the hotel is well located in the center, close to everything. the staff were very helpfull there's a very good & fresh smell in the hotel (like spa)

The hotel is exactlt in the center.
    • Double or Twin Room

The floor, the toilet and the shower were not as I've expected from a 4 star plus hotel. It was a little bit old. The rest of the room was excellent. We loved the spa area although we preffer the temperature of the Jacuzzi a little bit warmer. Finallt we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and next visit we will book it again.

The hotel is exactlt in the center. Very closed to the Ramblas and the barrio gotico in front of the metro and bus station . There are a lots of different shops around the hotel including the main Corte inglés, Desigual Apple Shop and a lots restaurants and coffee shops.

Nice, quiet rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room on ground floor with no view except other rooms windows in 2 meters. No sufficient blanket in December. Heating does not work (properly). Breakfast in basement, therefore did not take it.

Nice, quiet rooms.