Reviews of Catalonia Albeniz 3 stars

Aragón, 591 - 593, Sant Martí, 08026 Barcelona, Spain

#228 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

Great place on Arago street
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning had strange navigation - I understood how to use 3 different power regimes but the round navigation button was twisting without any point of sense (I didn't know if I reached the lowest mark or v.v. just used my intuition to set convenient temperature :) ). The walls didn't provide me silence, so I was lucky with my quiet neighbours but heard all the discussions people made going by my room. The hotel had frozen some part of money on my card before I arrived but it was OK for me - when I arrived, I just paid the rest. On the whole, I was very pleased to live in this hotel and maybe will stay here again in my nest trip to wonderful Barcelona.

Perfectly located - Carrer d'Aragó is close to Diagonal av., Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, and the nearest subway is Clot (lines L1 and L2 and a train to the airport). You don't need much time to walk and see Sagrada Familia, Arc de Triomf and even La Rambla. There are lots of groceries nearby, and the little fridge in the room, so you don't have any problems with food. It's about 30 min. walk by feet to the beach line (as for me, I was going out from the hotel, crossing the street, turning right up to the intersection with Carrer de la Indepenica and then straight by this street up to the Bogatell). The room was tidy, comfortable, had all the necessary issues (oh, they had a marvellously smelling shower gel with peppermint! :) ). My room had windows on the Arago, this street is popular to some extent but I wasn't bothered by excessive street noise in a night-time. And a conditioner helped with the heat.

Vacation in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

I wish the breakfasts could be a bit bigger, because few times we came at 10:10 and there were already now so much to choose.

I really appreciate the stuff in hotel, nice people, always smiling 😘 were clean place, for us everything what we needed😊

Great place!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel includes a gym and pool, both of which were quiet (even though we were here in summer). Staff were excellent, helped with everything we needed. Everything was clean and comfortable - would recommend!

Amazing hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Would of preferred a firmer pillow but that’s just a personal preference

The staff at this hotel was 10/10 could not get more helpful and friendly receptionists and cleaners everyone was so so nice it made the holiday amazing.the hotel was very clean this is the 8th hotel Iv stayed in Barcelona and the very best out beats every hotel Iv stayed in! It was so clean,free coffee machine for all guests which u can use the hot water bit and make tea aswel also complementary sweets and biscuits out 24/7, smoking room420friendly,the rooftop pool was so relaxing so clean and the sun loungers were really comfortable for my elderly mother,there was also a outside shower,the beds were really comfortable and the shower was nice and powerful the air con was easy to work and not loud either,balcony was cute with the sliding door open it was lovely ,spacious clean modern bathroom loved everything about this hotel I can’t think of anything I didn’t like! The staff were just exceptional : )

Great big breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Expensive. I was sick so I got a hotel and thankfully they had laundry service BUT I didn’t ask cost ahead of time and it was 80 dollars to do a small load of laundry. I was shook. Also the entire building shares one tiny elevator which is s little inconvenient at times.

Great big breakfast. Decently close to metro.

Nice neighborhood
    • Double or Twin Room

At first glance the hotel seems to be at a fairly bleak traffic intersection, all be it very close to rail and metro station clot, direct line to airport. Pleasant surprise to find just around the corner a lively neighborhood centered around a pedestrian street filled with trees to give shade in the scorching heat. Nice local restaurants and bars. Not Michelin starred, but decent and priced for locals not tourism

It had a nice bathroom with a bath
    • Double or Twin Room

It is a long way from the centre of everything if you are walking and the room would be small for two people. It is quite noisy - walks seem thin.

It had a nice bathroom with a bath

It’s a nice hotel in the middle of everything. Staff is friendly and rooms are a clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

The air conditioner was as cold as we may have like it to be but they provided us with a fan to help, and it did... thank you.

The staff was great and very helpful. Albert, Erika and Vako were very helpful in our check in and check out process, finding great restaurants, and moped rentals . Housekeeping was also very accommodating in any toiletries needed and cleaning of the room .

Very good location, close to all public transport.
    • Double or Twin Room

Small room and the furniture a little outdated. The room was facing the street and noise from the traffic was very intense. We had to stay with the windows closed all the time. Also the pool was very small.

Very good location, close to all public transport. Nice and helpful hotel staff.

Safe, clean, comfortable and excellent value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

We had to leave. Would have loved to have stayed longer. ;)

Excellent hotel, the staff are fabulous! Location is excellent, there are some really nice places to eat which are only a few minutes walk away. Also you can buy good quality freshly cooked food and take it back to the hotel to eat in their guest food area with proper plates and cutlery. The rooms are not large but it is all we needed and the main thing for us is that it was safe, clean very comfortable.

Fantastic staff, very clean and great location. A few minor issues but would still recommend.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a superior room on the 1st floor (rm 101) which constantly smelled of cigarette smoke. We deduced that it was the a/c which was pumping the smell into our room so after 36hrs, decided to sweat rather than put up with the stink. The rooftop pool whilst scenic is extremely small and is more of a plunge pool / tub than a functional swimming pool. The gym also is very small and has very few pieces of equipment. Both are maintained to a high standard however and would be sufficient for a short trip but I was expecting to be able to use them more than I was able to do to their lack in size. There were some very loud Americans staying in our corridor for part of our stay so we did have to call down to reception at 3am to request that they be spoken to. This was not a fault of the hotel and they dealt with the problem very promptly.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Each of them were extremely helpful and polite and they made our stay very enjoyable, despite some of the issues that we had. They tried to help as much as they could and even treated us to a small bottle of champagne for any inconvenience caused.

Comfortable and friendly

We had a triple room, which was comfortable, but small. That was our only negative, but to be honest it wasn’t a problem because we spent most of our time out and about!

A small but comfortable hotel. Very friendly staff, especially Albert who was extremely helpful and gave us plenty of advice and assistance as first timers in Barcelona. A great breakfast selection as well. Close to the metro into the city and main line railway for the airport.

Super friendly staff and very nice hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

Catalonia Albeniz is a lovely hotel few steps away from Clot station. The hotel is nice, comfortable and very clean. There is a nice little pool on the top of the hotel, perfect for the hot days in Barcelona! Breakfast was good and they considered all my requests (such as no feather pillows). The hotel has great transportation links and there is a direct train from the airport to Clot, three minutes walk away from the hotel. What I loved the most was the friendliness of the staff. Front desk Vako was an absolutely star! He always welcomed with a great smile and it was very helpful providing directions and recommendations. Thank you! I will definitely return.

Good hotel for a short break
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing everything was great for a city break no frills it was quite basic but we weren’t in the hotel much as we were out exploring.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. Both me & my sister felt safe and comfortable here. Good location close to the metro.

It was ok- maybe better for a solo traveller
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We paid extra to check in early as we had a very early flight- once we reached the room on the top floor a worker began drilling the roof above our heads for over an hour, staff at reception could not help us and did not offer a refund of the extra money paid for early check in. The room was tiny- there was no where to put suitcases. This was a superior room so I would assume standard rooms are even smaller... The bathroom doors are frosted glass with no handle - basically a glorified shower curtain! Luckily we are very comfortable with each other but sharing a room with no bathroom privacy is not ideal. Friendly staff on the desk told us all rooms have this new glass door. The air conditioner in the room worked and we were kept cool however it was very loud.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The area has some nice food places- especially local pizzeria Miseria e Noblita- do not order the telepizza from reception.

Great location, and great value.
    • Double or Twin Room

Woken up 2 times by the occasional fire alarm, because some idiot burned his toast at breakfast. Hotel assured us they will fix the issue.

Great location, near the metro and train station, so very easy to reach direct from airport and city by just taking the R2N train, As we choose this hotel with main goal “location” because we were visiting the Formula 1. Couple of nice restaurants in the area and big mall within walking distance. Rooms and hotel are clean and well maintained and staff was very nice.

Good hotel and good location but most of all excelent staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

I traveled alone so the price for me was a bit too high - but this is Barcelona.

Good location, really very close to the subway and to the train to El Prat airport ( subway fee ). 15 min walk to Sagrada, 20-30 min walk to the downtown. Rooms OK, nothing to complain, Excelent staff :-), they are super helpfull and always super friendly - all of them, but mostly Juan Pablo. Thank you.

Good for the money and position
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom in the rooms should have real doors, there is zero privacy. The staff could do a bit more effort to speak English instead of Spanish when you tell them you don't understand.

It was a really good stay. Happy to have chosen this hotel.

enjoyed my stay, just a few steps from the metro
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were friendly, always smiling and ready to help. When my original room smelled of cigarettes I was immediately given a new room, with a balcony. The breakfast was good, the pool would have been lovely, but the weather was too cold. Just a few steps from the Clot metro station. At first glance it's just on a busy street, but one evening walking around the neighbourhood I discovered lovely pedestrian shopping streets filled with locals.

Quite annoying to have put this place on hold twin separate...
    • Double or Twin Room

Quite annoying to have put this place on hold twin separate beds by the way and when finalizing the booking sent an email to inform them of the person sharing the room. Arrived and charged extra because it was considered a change to the booking? Even more annoying to arrive after midnight, haven’t seen the room yet and they wanted to charge the whole stay already. Apart from that size is decent, amenities ok. A metro station near by. 15 min walk from sagrada Familia but further away from everything else. I’ll look for something closer to gothic area next time. That’s more central. keep in mind they do a late check charge so you can get a cheaper deal when arriving after midnight rather than get charged a full night. Of course they charged the full night even when I pointed this out.

Very nice
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a strong cigarette smell in my room's hall but nothing too bad, it didn't get to my room.

The staff is amazing, very kind and willing to help with everything. It is close to the metro station and bus stops, 15min away from the Sagrada Familia. The room was very comfortable and the terrace very nice.

Staff was great!
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool was open only between 10am-8pm.

Staff was great! I got a superior room altough I had booked a standart room. And also I gota rose when I arrived (San Jordi's day). Room was really nice and shower room was big. Bed was a bit hard for me, because I like soft beds, but for most of people it's probably fine. Slept well anyway. Breakfast was good with fresh fruits, but they didn't bring more of them when the plate was empty.

Nice hotel, friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately I can't rate the hotel any higher due to the internal noise. When next door banged into the wall with bed you can not only hear it like they're in your room but the wall moves too. Cleaners in room next door at 0630 and, again, sounded like they were in our room. Sound proofing desperately needed. Sadly won't be using hotel again for this reason but staff and everything else was lovely.

Super friendly staff. Nice modern hotel and location out of centre but only 15 mins into centre on the metro. Nice touch having complimentary coffee in the afternoons. Large bed was extremely comfortable. Roof top small pool and views not bad but nothing special.

Fantastic Stay

Myself and my friends came to Barcelona and stayed at Catalonia Albeniz hotel which turned out to be an amazing experience. Erika was extremely welcoming on our arrival, herself and Viko made a few good recommendations of places to go to and were really nice throughout all stay. Location wise it is quite close to the city center (10mins/£7 by a cab). Would definitely come back and recommend it to my friends.

There staff is great, helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

A small thing, there not many electric sockets in the bedroom

There staff is great, helpful...and if anything happens, It is solve right away ! The location is not touristic, but it's quiet and you can easily go anywhere in Barcelona from there in no time.

Breakfast (8 EUR) was really good.
    • Double or Twin Room

The glassdoor in the shower should fill the entire horizontal space or at least be bigger, to avoid letting a lot of water leak from the shower. Also the door for the bathroom doesn't close, it's just a glass that swings to both sides. It should be a regular door.

Breakfast (8 EUR) was really good.

Highly recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was cozy but small

Room very clean. Staff was very polite and helpful.everyday cleaning of the room. Bathroom was big and clean. Very good Breakfast

Nice room with big bathroom, great breakfast, they also...

Nice room with big bathroom, great breakfast, they also offfered free coffee and tea as well as some cookies in thw afternoon. Pretty close to attractions and aragó station. We reserved a triple room and gave us a superior one, which was very nice

Clean rooms, friendly staff, location not as great as we thought
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel room advertised aircon. Our first night the room was extremely stuffy. Spoke to the reception staff who informed us as its the "winter months" the buildings aircon is switched off. They advised us to open a window, however there was an extremely noisy, busy main road outside. This meant we didnt sleep well during our stay. Location of the hotel meant quite a bit of walking or waiting for taxis/trying to figure out which metro stops you needed. (Taxi fares were very reasonable though)

Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Good shower. Clean rooms. Lots of storage.

Great stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

If not given a double bed than the twin beds would make it difficult for a couple to have kids! They move easily and in the end you get a big space between them.

1. Very clean 2. Comfy bed(s) 3. Great breakfast (a variety of choices) 4. Very friendly and helpful staff (especially Amampola from the breakfast room and the staff from the reception who helped me with info every time I needed. The cleaning ladies are very nice and do a good job!) 5. Good location (2 mns from the train and metro station; direct line to/from the Airport. Station name: El Clot)

Great and hot!
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very hot, the air conditioning didn't work so we had to sleep with the window open which was very noisy!

Location! Staff were lovely and the pool!

Great stay, totally deserves to be a 4 star

Nothing to mention.

I`ve stayed in Catalonia Albeniz for 4 nights and all I can say is that it was just excellent. It should be for sure a 4 star hotel. Large room with comfortable bed, great breakfast, super great staff (Thanks Erika and Kiko) and not the least, great location (3 mins from the tube station). Totally recommend!

Perfect hotel for a stay in Barcelona
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we didn't like about this hotel, staff or location.

The location was perfect. All the staff particularly Erica on reception and Maria who manages the breakfast room were amazing. Very close to metro so very convenient for sightseeing round and about Barcelona

Shirt stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool is very small you can get in it but you will reach the end and the room key cards had to be replaced programme eash day.

The hotel was very clean and all of the staff we met were very nice and helpful.

Very nice staff on reception, gave us a lot of...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice staff on reception, gave us a lot of recommendations, we are thankful :) Location is comfortable, we were able to walk to main streets by feet (takes time but possible)

Friendly staff, great room, superb location and a spacious bathroom with a bathtub!
    • Double or Twin Room

Great atmosphere and perfect location, very close to L1 metro (5-10 mins max) which takes you directly to the center. Great reception, friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this one!

Wonderful time in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

The heating system could be improved. Once you turn off the air conditioning, it gets quite cold in the room. If you leave it open, it is pretty noisy.

The location of the Hotel is great. 5 minuntes walk from Clot station (direct connection with the Airport and with Metro lines L1 and L2), 10 minutes walk to Glories Shopping Center and Carrefour. The staff is very polite and helpful. The room was clean, the bed and pollow very comfortable. My room faced an inner yard so it was quite as well. Good value for the money. It's the second time I stay in this Hotel and definetly will stay again when I return to Barcelona.

Great choice for our vacation
    • Double or Twin Room

There were absolutely no downs.

The room was very clean and the staff really friendly. The location is 2 minutes away from the metro station and near different terraces and nonstop shops.

Recently renovated clean room (located facing the street -...
    • Double or Twin Room

Recently renovated clean room (located facing the street - but it was quiet), super-friendly staff, good choice for breakfast, free coffee all day, good location.

Great hotel and great staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff at the reception desk is very welcoming and helpfull, very professional but nice and smiling at the same time. Houskeeping did a great job too, the room was very clean and cozy. Thanks to everyone! You made my stay in Barcelona! Looking forward to staying with you again! 😊

- Helful and friendly staff, especially Ms.
    • Double or Twin Room

- We got a smoking room, even though we do not smoke. It stank terribly. We arrived at night, so we asked for change the next day. Very nice, helpful receptionist, Ms. Erika gave us another room. - Very noisy, you can hear anything from the other rooms, especially through water pipse. - Glass doors in the bathroom - when there are 2 or more people in the room you can see the light and hear everything.

- Helful and friendly staff, especially Ms. Erika - receptionist. Even though we got smoking room, Ms. Erika helped us to change it. - Good location. - Comfortable bed. - Facilities (e.g. gym). - Good Wi-Fi.

Very friendly and helpfull staff of this hotel well located...
    • Double or Twin Room

The pillows are a little hard, as there are four there could be 2 hard and 2 soft.

Very friendly and helpfull staff of this hotel well located in a neighborhood with shops, bars and restaurants and in addition to a direct train station from the airport. I had booked a standard room but I got a superior who was very quiet with double window which one also has double glazing. Clean room with heater/air conditioning ajustable as you wish. The wi-fi works very well.

– very helpful and friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

– a bit off from the city centre but easily accessible by public transport

– very helpful and friendly staff – nice full breakfast – warm room – bathtub

Great breakfast, extremely helpful staff, perfect location...
    • Double or Twin Room

People in neighbourhood smoking weed a lot ;-)

Great breakfast, extremely helpful staff, perfect location (300m to subway Clot station), unbeatable quality/price factor.

The hotel is located right of the metro exit Clot.
    • Double or Twin Room

The heating cannot be lower in the rooms so the rooms were quite warm for my taste. We had to open a window to get the room to cool down.

The hotel is located right of the metro exit Clot. We were able to ride the metro get to the hotel with ease and we didn’t need to pay for taxis to get around Barcelona. The staff was amazing. Antonio was very helpful. Food was good!

The hotel is well located near the underground station, the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Room needed a bit renovation but we found it still fine. The street is a bit noisy but I was also fine with it - it is normal for such big cities. No circuits near the bed, not a problem if your battery is good.

The hotel is well located near the underground station, the train connects directly with airport and it is in 15 min walking distance to Sagrada Familia. About 15 min to big shopping center. Room was quite clean but needs a bit renovation. There was good pressure of hot water in the bathroom. Breakfast is very good, amongst bakery it also has eggs and ham. Nearby there is restaurant El Clot with good paelja. In walking distance great steakhouse Venue. Erika from reception knows lots of languages, that helped us a lot! Market nearby, where you can taste and buy hamon. Great pool on the roof! Tee during the day is free.

Vako we love you!
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel was great, maybe a bit awkward opening of the bathroom doors or opening of the glass at the bathtub, but all in all, great hotel!

Well, the best of all was receptionist Vako, I have never met more complaisant person. The breakfast was great and delicious, room very quiet and comfortable, close to the metro and Renfe train and 15 minute walk from Sagrada Familia.

Fair place, Great staff but many disadvantges
    • Double or Twin Room

Not perfectly clean and the Gym facilities are so poor (only three machines and dumbles). The area where the hotel located is not ideal although the metro station is very close. Some annoying sounds can be heared from the water and other rooms.

The staff were great and the breakfast was good and Clot metro station is 2 minutes far by walk.

Lovely vacation
    • Double or Twin Room

The street under the hotel is very noisy, even in the night. Small pool, depth only 1m.

Very friendly and helpful stuff. Clean room, cleaning every day. Big bed, very comfortable. Good air condition. Location close to metro and train station (train to the airport, good connection). Also, close to bars, shops, pastry and restaurants. Walking distance to Sagrada familia (15 min).

No parking provided although there is hotel parking garage. Room for 3 people was booked but no space for placing our luggages. Not enough hook for clothes and towels. Breakfast was too expensive so that we didn't try.

Nice hotel for a short stay in Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning in the room was very poor. There was little air coming out so we always had to have the window open and then as a consequence we had to deal with the loud traffic from the road. It did ruin our experience as we didn't sleep very well. Also it would be nice to have English subtitles for your TVs in the room.

Rooftop was a nice area. Bed was comfortable. Close to the 'clot' underground train station.

Avoid "superior room", you cannot sleep. &Quot;Standard room", not bad, but watch out not to be cheated.

My "superior room" has sewage pipes in the three corners of the wall, which give toilet flushing noise all the time, even during the night. Combined with the music played until 11:30 P.M. next door, (they call "a pub"), I simply could not sleep. At my request, a "standard room" was offered for other three nights. I asked for reimbursement of the different room charge, from170 euro to 100 euro per night at the reception, which they agreed in several occasions. At the check-out, Mr Vako at the reception gave me a bill in an envelope, saying " the reimbursement is done". I opened the envelope & found the reimbursement was only 0.02 EURO ! I asked again for reimbursement, then encountered incredible and offensive responses. " Your reservation can not be cancelled." ---- My booking.com reservation was "cancellation free " " I have not heard any reimbursement message from my colleagues." ---- Why did you say "the reimbursement is included", while giving me the bill a few minutes ago? " I will call the police to come because you are a problem." and he really did ! The police answered to fill in a document first for them to judge to come or not. ------ I was only quietly discussing with him, with neither violent nor Vandal act.     And so on, ----. After long enough discussing and waiting, he reimbursed me 90 EURO. I was too disgusted to judge the amount , but happy to leave the hotel, and decided to forget this experience. But it was not over yet. After a while, I received an booking.com email that my stay was cancelled as "no show ?" . I understood that he tried to kill my possibility to write "review on the hotel".

Easy access to the airport and to the place I needed to go.

If you're looking for an affordable hotel this is a great choice.
    • Double or Twin Room

There's no coffee and tea making facilities in a standard room but there is hot drinks machine at reception.

All the staff at this hotel are lovely, welcoming and more than happy to assist your needs as a guest - especially Jorge who helped put our deposit on a different card. We didn't realise that our room had a little balcony. Not all of the rooms have one but it was a nice surprise for us. The room was clean, a little basic but all that you need. There is a mini bar included also. Air con worked great. I wasn't disturbed by any noise at night. Another bonus about this hotel is that the Metro station Clot is literally round the corner. It's so easily accessible for all major spots in Barcelona - also extra easy and affordable to get to and from the airport as the RENFE train goes direct to Clot. I would recommend to any tourist staying here to get a HOLA BCN travel pass as its well worth the money with the station being so close to the hotel. There are multiple 24/7 stores within a 5 minute radius which is handy. The swimming pool is small but you can't complain with a rooftop pool with stunning views. We were also able to keep our luggage safe on the last day as we had a night flight.

A great place for a short break.
    • Double or Twin Room

It is a lovely hotel in a great location. No more than 5 minutes from the Rail and Metro station. Staff are lovely, particularly Erica who checked us in. Kettle, air conditioning and Wifi in the room. Can walk to the Sagrada Família within 15 minutes by taking a leisurely stroll. The walk to La Rambla will be around 45 minutes so take the metro. It's only 5 stops. Didn't book the breakfast and there are plenty of café and restaurants within 10 minutes around the streets of the hotel. Lovely boutique shops nearby as well.

Great location away from tourists. This is a nice neighbourhood. Familiies walking about outside at

Nothing! All was great.

Hotel was very comfortable. We do enjoy an open window and the traffic was noisy as there is a set of traffic lights just outside so I would recommend a room at the back of the hotel or on the 6th as the pool is on the front side on this floor. When we had the window closed and air on, the nose was not an issue. Great place!

Reception desk service are really good, and the room just...
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception desk service are really good, and the room just nice. The location is also good, you can directly take train to El Clot-Aragó railway station, it is 2-3 min away by walk, and is on the L1, easy to go to downtown and everywhere.

Pleasent HQ for a week of exploration in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I got good night's rest in a comfortable bed. The hotel is 15 min walk from Sagrada Familia and right next to a metro/train station so you can easily get downtown or to the airport.

Perfect
    • Double or Twin Room

Great hotel.. Vako the hotel staff welcomed us with open arms and was excellent during our stay. Recommend it again and definitely will stay again..

It is in a very good location very close to Sagrada Familia
    • Double or Twin Room

- I don't like when they consider a "double bed" two separate single beds close to each other. - There is no privacy in the bath, the door was transparent on one place and it is not possible to lock the door.

It is in a very good location very close to Sagrada Familia

Great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were fantastic and attentive. The location was good and close to El clot metro. Although you can walk to the city centre. The room was clean, comfortable and had a mini fridge. I would return to this hotel.

The stuff was the friendliest stuff I've ever met!

Everything was perfect

The stuff was the friendliest stuff I've ever met! Thank you Alberto for being very helpful :) the hotel was super clean and the room was really nice! We enjoyed every minute in this place.

Excellent stay, great location, friendly staff and good facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

only thing i would say missing is a kettle in the room to make tea/coffee, they do have facilities in reception.

Location was great, metro for travelling around Barcelona is great and same with getting to the airport, one train staright. Facilities where great, gym was good and pool perfect for a dip after long day touring.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The hotel was ok. Close to attractions and subway and a 20 min walk to the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room

I requested a smoking room (now I know never to again) and I understand the room would smell like smoke but the hotel should make an effort to deordorize the room so it doesn't smell very bad like smoke. I was going to change rooms but I figured since I'm not in Barcelona to stay indoors, I was there to be outside. I didn't ask to change my room. Wifi: hotel wifi on the 1st floor (where my room was located) is HORRIBLE. No service.

Excellent highly recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a bit small, would have like more space. Thieves on the metro stole my iPhone nothing to do with the hotel but hang onto any valuables.

Easy commute to everywhere, very clean and the staff super helpful. They organised wine for my husbands birthday, gave us great advice on where to visit. Pool is relaxing after a day sight seeing.

Wonderful vacation in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was quite spacious, the bath was very big compared to what we have experienced so far in our travelling. Location is plus, it is only 15 minutes walking distance to Sagrada Familia. But also it is very very close - like 300 meters to a subway station - Clot. You also have many supermarkets near the property, and shop, and also Clot market. We sincerely recommend this location!

Good location - easy access to the city by tram.
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool was very disappointing - small and with just one child swimming in the pool we did not feel comfortable in using it. We like to book with pools as we ride a motorbike and like to refresh with a dip.

Great location and helpful staff. Clean room and bathroom - good for travel into Barcelona by tram.

Fantastic!!
    • Double or Twin Room

The location isn't right in the thick of things, but the metro (El Clot) is literally across the street so you can get most anywhere in the city in about 20 mins or so.

The staff were the best in Barcelona, by far. Pleasant to deal with and very accommodating. The rooms were spacious and clean and got good light. The breakfast was FANTASTIC. And I'm not a breakfast person, so thats saying a lot.

The hotel is wonderful, the staffs are very friendly and...
    • Double or Twin Room

The only problem we experienced was the bed, because it was a two twin bed put together, we asked for 1 matrimonial bed. Other than that everything is perfect.

The hotel is wonderful, the staffs are very friendly and helpful, always ready to provide what you need. The hotel is very near to a metro station. Very clean room.

Good location, nice pool, friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

I would probably advertise the breakfast option as free for children under 6 or 8...

I travelled with my 6 year old daughter and she enjoyed the pool on the roof. Staff were very friendly, the location also very good, easy access to the train/ bus. The beach just a few minutes drive by bus.

Small in Barcelona

The room was really really small, we were only there for one short night as we were flying out the next day. There was not enough room for the luggage and to move around the room. After traveling a month in Spain this was the smallest room we experienced, and one of the most expensive. It was unfortunate but the night we stayed the electricity went out, - the whole block went out.

It was in the center of the city and it was clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly.

Deeply disappointed
    • Double or Twin Room

First of all, our room smelled horrible, like cold smoke. It was really unpleasant. Our room was on the 7th floor and whenever someone flushed the toilet above us, we could clearly hear it, like it was right in our room. Also the walls were very thin, and when someone opened/closed the door next to your room, the wall was shaking. We could open the shutters completely. AC was going crazy sometimes, extremely cold or not even doing a thing. We couldn't close the window properly, so there was always some noise coming in. Construction works right next to our room, which we didn't get any notifications about beforehand. So every weekday morning (we spent 6 days there) from 8AM loud noises and also a crane. We didn't get breakfast there, would have been 13/person/day so we rather had great brunches for the same price or even less in Barcelona.

We liked the location, it was easily accessible by metro 1. We also liked the pool on top of the building, it was clean and had a great view to the city. The staff were always helpful and kind.

A nice hotel away from the noise and the crowds
    • Double or Twin Room

A nice hotel, in a safe neighborhood, with friendly staff and easy access within few minutes to the center by metro - and directly to the airport by train. The room we've got was not spacious but it was very clean with comfortable beds and a big bathroom. The free wifi was ok all the time.

We had a great room on the 8th floor - comfy, spacious and...
    • Double or Twin Room

We had a great room on the 8th floor - comfy, spacious and modern. The location is a bit far from the tourist areas but it's right on the metro line so very convenient if you're willing to use the metro.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Great three night stay, meet all of our needs for a short stay
    • Double or Twin Room

We were on a business trip so it didn't matter to us that our room on the second floor at the rear of the hotel didn't have much of a view, might be better to have an upper room. Some construction work nearby but again didn't bother us as we were out most of the time. Rooms on the small side.

easy journey from the airport, residential area so lots of café/bars local shops, close to Metro station, modern hotel, very clean, staff very helpful, roof pool and sun terrace great for a dip at the end of a hot day, internet good, didn't book breakfast so cannot comment.

Breakfast in general was quite fine.
    • Double or Twin Room

Barcelona is becoming extremely expensive in hotels. It is the offer-demand, but it is crazy. I did't like to pay in advance. Normally you have to pay with the check out.

Breakfast in general was quite fine.

Browse Catalonia Albeniz traveller photo gallery