Reviews of Catalonia Hispalis 3 stars

Avenida Andalucia, 52, Cerro-Amate, 41006 Seville, Spain

#148 of 156 hotels in Seville

Based on 1966 hotel reviews

The restaurant has just one vegetarian option, that is a soup. After a few days there it gets quite boring to eat. If you walk a bit further you can find a few restaurants. It is also not very easy to get in Seville downtown from the hotel if you don't have a car.

The place is very comfortable, clean, quiet and spacious. Breakfast is very good with many different options. Staff is very helpful and gentle.

Arrived late, so all parking at the front was taken. Had to park on a yellow line and spent the night worrying there would be a ticket in the morning. Luckily there was'nt

Slept like a log. Excellent big bed.

Parking was a near impossibility with very few spaces for a hotel of this size. Check-in took far too long. I booked a double bed, but unfortunately was provided a twin room instead, as the reception had informed me that they had given all double rooms away for the day (despite me booking the room well in advance). Air conditioning didn't work, and the staff member that came to fix it said it just doesn't work, and even if moved to another room, we would suffer the same problem.

I stayed here one night prior to leaving from Seville airport the following day. The hotel is very close to the airport and the rooms were very clean. The staff were good and the hotel itself is well looked after, easy to find and clean. Price was reasonable compared to other hotels in Seville. WiFi was very good.

That is not a three star hotel. That is not even one star. That is a motel. Seems like it stayed without renovation from the times of Franko. First they have us room where it smelled as if 50 man were smoking there for 50 years non-stop. After my request they moved us to a room on the ground floor that was a way better, but in the corridor there stinked as hell. If somebody is talking in the corridor, you can hear every single word. We rented a room for two but second set of towels appeared only the next day. Sanitary needs a renovation. As basically everything in that "hotel". The whole room was maximum 10 meter big - we literally didn't hab space even to store our luggage. Location - you will need good 30 minutes to reach the city center. And these all "benefits" for the price of a good hotel that we've paid in other cities. Don't stay there even if it is the only option in Seville left - better to sleep on a banch in park.

Staff. Really good staff. They are trying their best to make the hole look something like hotel. The woman on the reception really tried to find for us a better room, and the waitress in restaurant just per chance has heart that I would love to have some Jamon and brought it from the kitchen even though it wasn't included in that day's breakfast. Breakfast are really good with a wide variety on the tables. Lifehack: don't book breakfast immideatly after you've been offered too - in a few minutes the receptionist will offer you breakfast for 8 Euro instead of 13.

Nothing really, everything was great.

The hotel is clean and spacious. It is filled with light and it is uplifting. The room was great: spacious, very comfortable and large bed, great bathroom. Fantastic service from the staff who thoughtfully accommodated all my requests.

Staff was very disconnected and didn’t seem interested in providing a good experience to the client

Bed and pillow were very comfortable, exceeded expectations

I think the price for airport transfers should be 15 euros each way as the airport isn't far but I understand that everyone has to get a cut of the profits

Everything was perfect. Just a small language barrier. Which I accept but I ended up paying a local taxi firm that didnt end up taking me anywhere as I asked reception to Let Me Know WHEN My Taxi comes. However I really like the city, it is apologetically authentic. It forces you to learn the local lingo which can be fun!

The room was small. It almost felt like one of those rooms that fugitives get in the movies. It's a place to watch some TV and sleep. Nothing else. But for the price, and the location, nobody should be griping about this place.

The staff were awesome. Breakfast was very, very good. The room was clean, well stocked. For the price, it was as good as can be expected.

The hot breakfast is buffet style and this visit was a little cold when eaten.

Front desk staff were very helpful, restaurant and breakfast staff also very good. Clean hotel situated near the main road, no issue with noise though. Nice buffet meal in the restaurant or menu based if you prefer. Good hot and cold choice for breakfast. Parking available outside. Several bars are situated nearby and there is a large park within a 10 minute walk. Will stay here again when in Seville.

Distance from town centre

This hotel is very clean and comfortable, the staff are great too, very polite and couldn’t do enough to help us, especially Elizabeth on reception 👍

The hotel is not located in the central area of the city. However, it is well-connected by public transportation (bus).

The staff was very helpful and the room was very comfortable.

The area where the hotel is located offers little in terms of bars/restaurants.

Good choice of breakfast. The location was right for my purpose (outside of city center and close to ring road), but is possibly not ideal for everyone.

Very small room, did not look like the photos on the website. Decor was outdated and wallpaper was yellowed and peeling off. Bed spread was stained in some areas and there was a lot of dust on/under the lamp shades. Plus to top it off, a large sports team of young children were staying there and making a racket at 9am on a Sunday morning. Our room was next to the stairs and you could hear the children running up and down, and also playing inside the elevators. Not impressed.

Easy access to main road.

The famous marisqueria next door is closed on Mondays. What a bad luck! No other restaurany options nearby. Hotel restaurant opens at 20:00 which is beyond my bedtime. Impossible to get by foot to the shopping center across highway... So, get your supper stuff from the corner store nearby,,,

Nice room. Reasonable price. Location near automobile business.

The hotel isn't that close to the main city centre as it may seem. Yes, there is a bus stop close by, but the bus ride is at least 35mins. Also, the hotel is not close to many restaurants or grocery stores either, so you are very limited in terms of finding somewhere to eat if you're not planning venturing far from the hotel

Extremely expensive (we paid 140 euros for a room excluding breakfast ) for a dirty , dated , noisy room. I didn’t dare using the AC as it was so dusty . The rooms were smelly (old smoke) and dirty from lampshade to curtains , everything was yellowish ...really a waste of money.

Fresh pressed orange juice at breakfast, it’s the only positive thing I can find.

Ceiling near door to bathroom started leaking so much so we had to call front desk to transfer us to another room - they transferred us to the older section of the hotel

It's a 15' minute walk to a shopping mall with Zara and 2 big supermarkets(Lidl and a Spanish chain brand)

Immediate area is absolutely filthy with litter, dog mess, and broken pavements. Pool is tiny, 3 people would make it crowded. No power sockets near the bed. Traffic noise bad unless both inner and outer windows were fully shut, which was not easy to do. This hotel needs a total refurbishment and the area needs a major clean up. But maybe this is typical of other outlying areas. Breakfast buffet is way too expensive, hence we just had coffee.

Friendly staff, comfortable beds, large room. Very convenient for bus to city centre, the bus stop is just round the corner and no need to cross any busy road. Great coffee at breakfast.

- Rooms require some repair, they are pretty old. - The location was not convenient and the neighborhood was not nice. I came to participate in the conference at Fibes Conference and Exhibition Center (Google Maps showed that a walk would take 30-40 minutes, in reality you would have to walk through industrial zones with no pavements in some places; to reach the exhibition hall you will have to use two buses (Fibes shuttles do not pass next to it). - Small window with a direct view to other buildings' windows and dirty yards; - Noisy air conditioner and also noisy outside; - The pool opens pretty late (at 10 a.m.); - Not all receptionists speak English.

- Free apples and candies at the reception desk; - Bathroom was ok (with a bidet); - Nice staff; - Breakfast was not included in the room price, but was ok.

I came in at 11pm after a long flight and restaurant was closed. Not even a sandwich available. Bathroom: bath was dirty, because in was so old Bedroom: quite big room but was not very clean (chips of previous guest still on floor and chair...) Ceiling near AC was bend and dirty due to humidity

Breakfast was fine

• Family Room

Air condition was blowing quite strong, so we switched it off during the night. You will need a car (or public transport) to get to the city center. We skipped breakfast as we found it a bit expensive for the family (the kids hardly eat anything anyway). We heard the neighbors in the room next to ours, but was not disturbing us. The pool opens at 10:00h, but the water is "freezing" in the morning. (kids went in anyway...)

Second holiday in a row that we stayed here for a few days. Great little swimming pool area, with enough shadow places. Nice staff. Shops (bakery, fruit, lunch) in the area. Lots of TV channels. Nice for room with a double and a bunk-bed. Perfect for families with (up to) two kids. Enough (free) parking space. Very accessible from the highway. Very clean place.

The hotel itself was dirty, all corners were full of dustballs including the front desk. The cost of the room was an additional $10 from the online posting. The room was small, the airconditioner didn't work and was extremely loud and rattled ALL night. My husband (an air conditioner mechanic by trade) found the ductwork was made of cardboard and tape. The sheets had a gross stain on them. What was once a closet was just a ripped out dirty hole in the wall, no door or place to hang anything. At 5 am the smoke detector went off and our room was full of smoke. We went to the front desk and they told us everything was fine and to go back to our room. No explanation was given and we were quite rattled by the experience. At 6 am a hammerdrill started drilling in the room above our heads and didn't stop by the time we were supposed to get up (7:30 am). When we told the staff about our experience they said it was impossible that there was drilling as it should only start at 7 am. This is still quite early and annoying, but we know what we heard at 6 am (still awake and trying to get a little more sleep before our flight). We asked the front desk to get us a taxi to take us to the airport. The taxi was a full on thief and the 7 min ride cost us 30 euro. The driver charged us extra to come to the hotel. The driver obviously knew the hotel staff and was chosen specifically by this hotel. I've never written a bad review of a hotel before, but this was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. Don't stay here.

We were able to print our boarding passes for free there.

Great value for the money. Location to airport- flying out next day. Free parking. Very helpful staff. Public transportation right across street. Bus to centre of Seville 1.50eu Great breakfast buffet Sent us on our way with apple 🍎 and cold water Room was great 👍 Everything we needed! Would book again

There aren't many things to do nearby, although there's a nice park in the neighborhood.

Great price for its value! Clean and comfortable. Friendly staff and great pool. Nice food too. There's a bus stop nearby to go to the city center.

No bar food. Restuarant overpriced. Location - if wishing to easily visit town/shops.

Room, bed and bathroom-Large!! Pool-althogh not large was adequate.

the distance from the centre of the city. it is accessible by public transport, but it takes almost an hour to get there. and if your get back late, you'll need to ring the reception to let you in.

clean facility, friendly and helpful staff, we had a very comfortable stay there.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

My room smelt mouldy, as there was clearly humidity due to the fountain outside my room. There was only one socket.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Food was too simple The manager was all the time very worried about the dog Could not smile

Pleasant room and smal but nice swimming poolgood hotel for a 1 night stay Staff in the bar was very friendly

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Location not the best and nothing around the hotel to do or eat at. As we missed our flights and were robbed in a restaurant, this trip should be forgotton..although none of that to do with hotel.

Hotel was ok but a distance from the centre, although Bus 22 or 29 cost 1.40 euros and took 15 minutes so could do it. Pool was good and needed in the heat. Breakfast was average ...looked at lunches..but looked poor.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

I didn't get to sleep most evenings until about 1am or 2am due to hearing everything around me in other rooms and the hallways . There was also a school trip whilst I was there and twice I had teachers and pupils continuously knocking at my door and trying the handle because they thought my room was part of their trip. The pupils were shouting until the early hours of the morning in the hallway outside my door and slamming doors but this is not the hotels fault. It is just a shame the hotel isn't a little more sound proof. The area of the hotel is unfortunate. It is right on the highway/motorway and just surrounded by run down streets and big buildings such as car dealerships. I did not feel comfortable leaving the hotel on my own unless getting the bus into Sevilla centre. It is not possible to walk there but it is easy enough to jump on the bus and arrive within 20 minutes.

The hotel itself was nice. The breakfast and restaurant area was good and the staff were very friendly. I was at this hotel for a week by myself and the staff made me feel very welcome. They had very limited English (bar one receptionist) but I liked this as it made me use the Spanish I had been learning before coming out. If ever I needed help with travel, ordering my taxi or even room service for a pizza one evening they were more than willing to help. The pool area was lovely and quiet with the sun there all day and the pool was very clean. Rooms are standard, decor a little dated but it was OK for a week by myself.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The bathroom hasn't been cleaned for a while. The room was not in the best condition, also the photos on the booking web site do not represent the real state of the hotel.

I have stayed in Catalonia Golf in Barcelona, and the hotel is great. This one in Sevilla has let me down. The hotel has seen better days. The room needs to be refurbished. The receptionist (girl) was extremely friendly. The guy, however, not so much. The room didn't´t have air conditioning, only heating. When I complained, they said "it is the way it is", because their system works with heat during 9 months and air conditioning only during the summer, which is weird since Seville is pretty hot. The recommendation was to open our windows during the night, so the cool air could come in. As the hotel is located beside a big avenue and near a highway, the noise with the windows open made the our sleep unconfortable.

A particularly cold night. Perhaps an extra blanket could be made available.

Easily accessible by car with private parking included in the price. Excellent location for visiting the Alcazaba and the other Roman features easily within walking distance.

Booked a double room was given a single room. Staff not to organized, paid for breakfast but didn't indicate on the system that I have paid.

Easy to locate by driving.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The location is quite away from the tourist areas of Seville, approximately 1.5hrs on foot, however it was very easy to catch public transport around the city.

Friendly staff, clean comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The staff was not very friendly, I want to believe that at evening they were tired as they had a group in-house. The bathroom was poorly cleaned, garbage in the toilet and dust everywhere. Some refurbishment works running, guest were not informed. The buffet was not very good, we had the chance to saw it and we went to dinner in the bar outside... we and more two clients from the hotel.

The location is not so bad if you are just traveling and wish to stop for a night in Seville. A family bar near is quite nice and the food is good.

• Family Room

The 'outdoor' hall where our room was located had an overwhelming odour of cat pee. In the middle of the night, feral cats howled and fought all night.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

- No double bed only single bed joined. - Room equipments old and no fridge in the room. - Globally, it is an old hotel.

- Possibility to park the car free - Spacious room - Near to the airport

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Location: a bit too far from the center and the train station. But still easy to get to by bus. Amenities: No water pot in the room. No slippers. Only one extra plug and it's not next to the beds. Breakfast: Very simple and doesn't include traditional Spanish dishes.

1. Bus station is right across. Takes you directly to center of seville. 2. Very clean. 3. Flexible payment and reservation. 4. Hosts are welcoming and speak both french and english. 5. Breakfast is optional, so you won't be paying for it unless you want to have breakfast at the hotel. 6. Free wifi. Great value for money. It offers exactly what it says and more than average for 54 euros a night.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

The room was smallish but we hardly spent any time there, so was not too. important for us..

Great find value-wise. VERY comfortable bed! Very nice staff. Despite the distance from downtown the direct bus service (bus stop right in front of the hotel) to downtown for 1.40€ O/W made a difference! The full/buffet breakfast at 8€ p/person, was a delicious deal...

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

We needed a place to get a few hours of sleep before we left for a flight and this was perfect. This is really an airport hotel though - don't get a room here to enjoy the neighborhood, there isn't really one.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

We didn't liked a single thing in this hotel!

This was the worst hotel we went of all our trip to spain! There was no windows in the room, it was smelly and dirty,with spiders in the bathroom! We booked a room with 1 big bed we end up with 2 beds and no possibilty to have what we ordered! We couldn't even have a proper blanket or more pillows! People from the hotel were really close to rude... Last but not least it was expensive for absolutly no reason, considering the standing!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Rooms were very basic, noisy outside, rooms run down, horrible neighbourhood. Cigarette smoke was filtering into our room all night! We awoke next day with the smell & taste of cigarettes. Was not good. Could not leave quick enough.

Dinner was ok Breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Staff very helpful!! Bed bit hard room made noise air conditioning was cold at night soft light duvet might be nice...

Loved the pool, chillax lounge, staff, buffet, locatin very good stay, my room made noise air conditioning got cold at night bed bit hard but in general wonderful stay love this hotel.... Thanks Tracey

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The area was ugly but great for people travelling by car. I think folks using other means of transport would be better off closer to Centro.

The hotel was really lovely - like a 4 star. Area is not nice at all but the bus into Centro (1.40 E) can be taken from the other side of the road - in front of the Ford outlet. You don't want to take a car into the centre of Seville as parking is either a nightmare or a fortune. There is stacks of free parking around the hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Family Room

The hotel is quite far from the city center, in a not-so-nice (but not dangerous) area. You will need a car (or public transport) to get to the sights. The beds were not made when we entered the room, but that was solved straight away. Very few power-plugs to charge the phone or laptop: Only in the room (plus one in the bathroom). It would have been great to have a mini-fridge in the room.

Good value for money. (We found an offer.) Small but very nice swimming pool. Free towels for the pool (with deposit). WiFi worked perfectly. Nice TV-set with very many (international) channels. Supermarket (Lidl) on 3 minutes walking distance. Located just off the highway. Free parking space around the hotel. Nice staff. Good air-conditioning. Good beds.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

They were very helpful and very fast to organize/book all the reservations. Recommended for families with kids, swimming pool is good, food is good, room for 4 people are big enough.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Excellent wifi compared to other hotels in spain, nice with a pool to relax in, parking in the neighbourhood and busses to city center right outside the hotel and supermarkets.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Only one person in the reception spoke english. Other staff spoke only spanish, so it may be a little hard for english speaking person. Pool water was bit cold.

It was easy to arrive with car because hotel is beside big road. I read lots of comments about road noise but still decided to come. We got room where window pointed other way than the road was so there was not that much noise. I would say it was ok. Also distance to the city center is like 30-35min by buss, but the buss stops are very easy to find just opposite the hotel and if you are only going to spend the night at the hotel I wouldn't say this matters at all. In big cities it may be 30minutes anyway from other side of the city to the other or even more. Our room had super size bed which was nice. Also pool area was good and quiet. There were also few spanish "bars" in the nearby area where I could eat, however they didn't speak english at all so if you feel adventurous you can find food in the area. There are comments that say there are no restaurants nearby which is half true. There are, but you just have to find them.

Good comfortable bedding! Cleanliness 10/10!! Would visit again!

Very good location, clean, comfortable, kind host,

View from window was debressing. Horrible noice from next room at midnight.

Bus stop to The center was front of The hotell.

Food poisoning after eating in the restaurant, industrial area where there is nothing to do

Comfortable beds

Air condition didn't worked (cooling wasn't operational, just heating......)

Location of the place. Room cleanliness.

Hot food was not particularly hot.

Breakfast was adequate Service from staff in breakfast area was excellent.

bad experiance with staff

comftable room

The toilet flush sound that could be heard through the walls from adjacent rooms.

The staff were warm and very helpful.

The pool was freezing cold.

The staff was so nice and helped with all my needs.

The ceiling of the room was a bit damaged

Friendly Staff. Nice Breakfast

the hotel is a bit far from the center, but you can take a bus to be in the center in 20 min.

Big spacious room, clean.

Great location for us

Easy to find, free parking outside (limited), clean and friendly staff.

Friendly people

THE LOACTION

THE ROOM CLEANING WAS PERFECT

Not many things to do within walking distance

Very comfortable

The staff was amazing and the breakfast delicious.

Breakfast too expensive

Parking and easy to get into centre of Seville

parking... too difficult

parking

parking

quiet

Very good hotel, clean, friendly stuff. Recommend this hotel!

Room was dark, very small, obsolete and unpleasant.

All

Very friendly personnel, comfortable bed, bus to the city centre round the corner

Browse Catalonia Hispalis traveller photo gallery