Reviews of Catalunya 2 stars

Santa Anna, 24, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

#372 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

Based on 2094 hotel reviews

Fine hotel in the centre of Barcelona. Close to everything.

The bathroom was quite small. The breakfast was too expensive, so I only ate there twice.

Very comfortable bed. Refridgerator. Good ventilation. The bus to the airport stopped very close by.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Good location for tourists

Quite small room but if you spend whole day outside it is no issue. A safe has size not bigger then for my 17" laptop, extra paid, but functional was only one combination so it was not so safe, I returned key and just locked laptop by security wire to fridge :-) Poor breakfast - you just received a voucher and went for a breakfast to opposite hotel Cortes - coffee, juice, roll, salami, cheese, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit only apples or orange, but no vegetable. No warm meals like buttered eggs or sausages etc.

Very good location, close to Plaza de Catalunya with direct connection to airport and underground. Quite close to sea by foot, nearby few of Gaudi´s buildings and gothic center.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

A memorable stay :)
    • Double or Twin Room

The air conditioner was too loud and the cold stream was directly over the bed. The noise was too much outside as well.

The room was well equipped, we also had a small balcony and the view was not bad at all (even though we could see only a shopping street). The location is perfect - only a minute from the Rambla and not far away from the port. The oldest bar in town was just 120m away and the cocktails there were fantastic! The staff was very helpful as well.

Location is just perfect.

The building is rather old. Also, because it’s the city center, it may get quiet noisy at night.

Location is just perfect. The hotel is located right in the city center, only a couple of minutes away from the subway and about 20 minutes away from the beach. The room was very small but clean and had everything one may need.

Location is perfect to explore the city.

Staff didn’t show very good service mindset, just did the job - and mainly without any smile.

Location is perfect to explore the city. Being a two-star hotek, rooms were pretty good and fresh (although without anything extra)

Fabulous location, rooms were comfortable and very clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not a complaint but I would prefer tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Although they are available on the first floor I don’t really want to go up and down when I want to make a cuppa.

Fabulous location, rooms were comfortable and very clean. Bathroom clean and modern with great aircon. Great having a little fridge in the room. Could get a little noisy but nothing that earplugs can’t fix. Lots of little bars and restaurants close by. Two minutes to La Rambla. Would definitely stay here again.

Amazing location.

Amazing location. Perfect if your staying to sight see. Staff was nice. Room was clean, and had everything I needed. I was there for 3 days. And I will certainly be back !

Great location in centre of tourist area
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was small but very clean, modern and comfortable bed.

Great location to enjoy the vibe of the city and easy to catch a subway train to see the tourists attractions.

Great location but beds should be much comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

When we booked our room, we booked it as 3 people (we have a baby who is 10 months) and they provided us 2 single bed and nothing for the baby. This is fine however how come me or my husband can sleep in the one single bed with our baby? We have also tried to combine 2 beds but one of them was leaning so it was not proper set up. The hotel could have been more family-friendly.

Location was great and easy to walk to La Ramblas. Price/Performance is quite high.

Hotel Catalunya is a great place from which to launch your adventures in Barcelona.

Emi, the front deck receptionist, was very helpful, spoke conversational English, and was attentive to our needs. My wife has some mobility issues. We rented an electric scooter from Special Needs at Sea and were able to park and charge it in the hotel reception area. We stayed in a triple room with three single beds and a quite large bathroom. The hotel does not have what we in USA call accessible rooms BUT the hotel installed a grab bar for us in the bath tub. We communicated twice with the hotel about this mobility issue. Their responses were timely and understanding of our needs. We would definitely stay at Hotel Catalunya again! If you want the convenience of being near Las Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya, this is the place to be.

everything was awesome
    • Double or Twin Room

Vending machine cash only, but that's whole Barcelona problem apparently

Friendly personnel Perfect location Nice rooms with air conditioner, good noise-cancellation windows - vital for the location

Noise from streets

Great location. Basic room, clean and had all basics. Great price-quality for Barcelona. I can’t count anymore how many times we stayed in that hotel, we go every year.

Location- excellent.

Room was small ( ok, but small) with no outside light at all. Ok for a night or 2 but may be uncomfortable for longer

Location- excellent. very clean and comfortable . No real complaints. Would stay again but request a different room.

The hotel had very friendly staff, centrally located and at the end of the day bed was comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Steps away from la rambla, la boqueria and transportation ( Metro, Bus to the airport) as well as other Barcelona attractions. Staff was very nice and helpful. If you also love shopping, there are lots of well known and small private shops around. Lots of restaurants to choose from in the tourist area where we were as well as outside the tourist area ( off the beaten path where the locals go )which was only a couple of minutes away 😁from where we were. Actually chose the hotel due to its location .

• Double or Twin Room

Didn't have the breakfast, so cannot comment. But everything else was lovely and in a very good location, only 30 or 40 yards off La Rambla. We were on a short visit, prior to boarding our cruise ship and would definitely book again.

A good 2 star hotel in the heart of the city centre - Le Ramblas! Value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

It’s a good 2 star hotel in the centre and heart of the Rambla. No hidden surprises- - cleaned every day with fresh towels. Secure and very comfortable.

I loved this hotel - excellent location, good price, helpful staff, no frills but comfortable.

Elevator VERY small - not suitable for wheelchair. Some taxis will not go up the (mostly) pedestrian street which is a challenge if you have all your luggage.

Location, location, location! Just 1/2 block off Las Ramblas on a (mostly) pedestrian only street. 3-4 cafes within seconds of the front door. Helpful staff can book tours on site. Fridge in room was handy. 2 min. walk to Placa Catalunya where all the tours leave from. Juliet balcony for fresh air was nice, and the bed was very comfortable. Single room was European small but adequate for solo traveller. They have baggage lockup, a public computer with printer, plus vending machines for drinks in a common lounge. Front desk very responsive to any problem with the room.

Good to stay in the Gothic quater, close to all I wanted to see and do.

Upon arrival I was told I hadn't paid, even though I showed the front counter staff my confirmation and that it was paid in total, I was still told it wasn't paid and I should check with my bank. So I paid "again". Once I was able to check in and then check my bank account - i was able to go and show proof of payment. The front counter staff had made the error and my 2nd payment was then cancelled. They did apologize, just wasn't a good start to my stay there.

It was close to the things I wanted to see and do.

Good
    • Double or Twin Room

Very noisy in the night, and the room is a little dark

The position of this hotel is very good. It takes about only 5 minutes to go to the Placa de Catalunya, and it is very convenient for shopping. Furthermore, a variety of delicious food can be found in the nearby street. In addition, the room is cleaned every day.

comfortable for a short stay and accessible toall no need to worryon getting lost..

no clock and small bed

the size of the room is big for 2 people, maybe the beds need to be change but its bareable to sleep on. clock would be hlpful if it has one per room.

Great location, comfortable rooms, some staff members are RUDE!
    • Double or Twin Room

You don't get water in the room. I requested for a late checkout and I communicated it via booking.com . And they were in agreement to allow us to stay till 6pm. But then on the checkout date they sent me a reply to my email staying that it was a mistake and that I had to check out by 11am. Luckily were around the city. So we hurried back to the hotel, and we were shocked to see that the cleaning lady had taken it upon her self to pack our items and leave them in the lobby. Which I felt was a violation, then the lady at the desk was nice enough to allow us to shower. But I think they really need to be more customer oriented . This was done by just one person. So its wrong to discard the whole hotel for the silly behaviour of just one person.

Great location. We got a nice spacious room. Comfortable room. The views outside the windows are not the best but then the whole idea is to crash after walking the streets of Barcelona.

Nice place and great location.

Comfortable room bathroom was clean with a good shower and plenty of hot water. The front desk staff is very welcoming, friendly and informative about the surrounding area of Barcelona. Hotel Catalunya is right off La Rambla. This hotel in the very heart of Barcelona.

A very pleasant stay- but please- new pillows 😄

Pillows were rock hard!!

Room was small but clean & modern.No tea/ coffee making facilities but a vending machine on 1st floor.Perfectly situated for La Ramblas etc.Lovely friendly helpful staff. Lovely coffee shops a few doors down for breakfast. We booked this hotel on the day we arrived in Barcelona & we were not disappointed. Would stay here again.Ideal base

You hear all the sounds!

I heard my neighbours snoring and pedestrians walking even though my window was closed.

The bed is OK and hotel is located in the very centre, just 2 min from Ramble!

This hotel should be much cheaper, it doesn't worth its money. And its dirty.
    • Double or Twin Room

Cockroach at the entrance near the elevator...yeah...nice...after one night we changed the hotel to different one.

location is really nice & WiFi works well, that's all.

Absolutely loved Barcelona with lots to do despite variable weather. The hotel was satisfactory.
    • Double or Twin Room

If you are expecting anything special this is not for you. The hotel has no facilities in the room for tea or coffee although there is a fridge. There is a communal area on the 1st floor with microwave and coffee/drinks dispenser (which you have to pay for). There is no bar or restaurant, although there are several places nearby to cater for your needs. The hotel is really more of a hostel and if you like that sort of accommodation it is fine.

The hotel is central and close to public transport facilities and many restaurants and local attractions adjacent to Las Ramblas. The rooms were clean and tidy and bed linen replaced daily. The facilities were adequate for those not wanting anything special.

Perfect location but room 104 had a terrible smell.

- No corner shelf in the shower for toiletries. Even one cheap shelf is better than nothing. - The noisy heater would wake me up in the night and will remind me the terrible smell in the room, something like sewage :( Even opening the balcony door didn’t solve the problem. The asian girl from reception told me they never had this problem before in 104 (hard to believe...) and she will ask the cleaning lady to clean the bathroom better. But strangelly enough I didn’t felt this smell in the bathroom, just in the room. And also the bathroom was quite clean. Second day they solved the problem for a few hours with little spray. But 3rd day the same smell was back again. So I think they should bring a plumber to check the problem. This smell is the reason I would never recommend this hotel for a holiday in Barcelona. Other than that the hotel was quite OK, but 63 euro/night for a smelly room is quite too much, even in the center of Barcelona. Anyway in case you have an early flight and you need to catch the aerobus early in the morning I think this hotel could be ok for 1 night.

Room was exactly like in the pictures (except tiles floor instead of parquet). Location is perfect, just 4 minutes by walk from aerobus station. They printed my plane ticket and the microwawe from 1st floor was quite usefull.

Fantastic location for everything, airport bus, all public transport, city centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed a week and would have appreciated at least a plate, cup, knife, fork and spoon to make some snacks or breakfast, even if not in every room the availability to borrow would have been nice. There is a microwave and a machine to buy coffee in the hotel but nothing else. When asked staff they said no plates or anything available to guests. As Expected with a lot of old buildings and in the city centre you will need your earplugs.

Fantastic location

• Double or Twin Room

No kettle, but we used the communal microwave to warm up milk and make tea.

Great location, air conditioning was very power full. Shower was very powerful. Staff were very friendly. Room was very clean. Great to have a fridge in the room so we could store milk for our 3 year old son.

Nice basic hotel in the center of Barcelona

The shower was a bit rusty and the place could use some renovation

Perfect location! 1 minute from Placa Catalunya and Las Ramblas. There's pretty much everything you need for a short layover. Nice staff

It was great experience.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was great experience. It was the best hotel during my trip in Spain. Everything was excellent! The only one bad thing - they do not have any kettle, since it was not hot at Barcelona, it was a little problem.

Excellent location if using the airport buses late at night...
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel wasn’t the cleanest, there was a big layer of dust over most things.

Excellent location if using the airport buses late at night like we were. Nice sized room. Good value in the centre of Barcelona.

Great location, 1 min to rambla and 3-4 min to placa...

Not very suitable for stay with baby and children. To boil water for the baby, the only way was with a microwave at the first floor. There wasn’t any restaurant or kitchen.

Great location, 1 min to rambla and 3-4 min to placa Catalunya. Very clean!

Perfect 10 for the location

It would have helped to have a storage locker in the hotel and sound-proofing in the rooms

Hotel was absolute Value for Money & the location was PERFECT! It is located right in the middle of all the buzz. The tourist center from where you can get the Barcelona Card, buses to the airport, metro station, El Corte Ingles & all the possible retail/designer stores, souvenir shops, cafes, bars etc. It was an amazingly lively locality with attractions like Casa Batlo, Gothic Quarter, La Rambla etc at a distance of 10-15 min walk.

Excellent location only a few steps to the city centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

The size of room and the bathroom was very small and hotel is located in a street which makes things look little congested. Definately recommended for short stays

Excellent location only a few steps to the city centre. Very comfortable bed, fair breakfast (when you compare to the breakfasts at other hotels) and friendly staff.

Location and lady in reception.

Man working in reception during our regostration was unkind, even unpolite. Overall hostel was very ok for such a price. But in our bathroom was very bad smell of canalization.

Location and lady in reception. She was very kind

Will not stay again

Walls like paper... very noisy street so could hear everything... literally couldnt sleep at all cuz of noisy street and people next door.... !!!

Let me check in early

Suitable enough for a short family stay.
    • Quadruple Room

The bathroom was cold in the winter.

The location of the hotel is excellent for sightseeing and an excellent breakfast bar next door with great coffee.

Amazing location and clean rooms.

The staff wasn’t very friendly unfortunately. After traveling for so long, you expect to be met with a smile and a casual conversation, or a simple how are you, how was your journey. I was met with none, everything was to the point. The room was a bit too small for the price and it had absolutely no view.

Amazing location and clean rooms.

Xmas shopping in Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room

Brother stayed in room at front of hotel and said it was a little noisy we were at the back which was quiet.

Good location clean and tidy staff were helpful and friendly

Convenient central location spoilt by smell (in bathroom particularly)
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad smell in room and bathroom Contrary to instructions, the safe did not work unless you went to reception and paid. Not in information pack. No apology.

Office space good on 1st floor. Comfortable bed, but not enough bedding.

Great location in a low cost clean hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were comfortable but the pillows were a let down

So convienant from the auto airport bus and only a minute walk to Las Ramblas and the city centre Breakfast was served in the hotel opposite and was great value for money

Room was clean and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

There are many hotels named Catalunya and I went to the other hotel which was a hassle and had to take taxi. No water kettle. Staff was hardly able to speak English. The lady during day at reception was not helpful. First hotel in which you have to pay for using the in room safe.

Room was clean and comfortable. Good location for Airport Shuttle and La Rambla street.

Very convinient location, just 2-3 minets walk to the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very convinient location, just 2-3 minets walk to the airobus stop-Pl. Catalunya. Nice restourants and bars closer. The wi fi connection is strong and there is a free computer with printer. Staff are kind and the hotel is clean.

Great, loved it all!

The trip was a gift paid for by my daughter and on booking in I had to call my daughter because they wanted proof of ownership of the card that paid for the hotel stay, she had to email all of the card details to the hotel, this was both mutually embarrassing and somewhat ‘dodgy’. When trips are paid for in advance, as a gift, the person paying for the gift booking should have the option of stating this and have it mutually understood and agreed to before the traveller gets there. It would be so much easier.

Liked it all, room, location, staff, price etc

Perfect location

At night it can be noisy as it is located in the city centre, but nothing that cannot be solved with earplugs.

Very good location near Plaza Catalunya. Storage room is available for the luggage before check-in/after check-out. Helpful staff.

This hotel met our requirements perfectly.
    • Double or Twin Room

We chose the hotel for its excellent location and reasonable price. Our room was spacious and clean, with a good bathroom. Breakfast wasn't included but there were several cafes or bakeries nearby.

Not to expectation for cost

I was put in a small room with small bathroom...when I booked I remember ..tub in toilet and large bed. Also no water bottle charging port in room was broken

Location cleanliness staff helpful

Will be first hotel I will check for availability when returning to Barcelona again.

Air condition has not worked well (I arrived ill and in the first couple of nights it felt right to make room warmer even though it was already at least +21 in it), but it's a single case which must not stop you from booking this hotel. Also, I repeat: I was ill. Other ppl would not even come to the idea to set air condition to "warm" when outside it is literally a regular european summer : +23 at least (day time)!

Top location. Near with several central metro stations, airport shuttles' stop, bus stop for Tibidado shuttle busses, other busses and tourist information center. No transport noise though! Also quite silent even though it's located at one of the smaller "shopping" streets. Atmospheric balcony view. Nice cafes and restaurants right at the door. Fair WiFi connection. Clean. Staff is helpful and friendly. My room had a small fridge. This is cool: I bought a few snacks and could keep them in cold. A safe is available too (you have to activate it at reception for extra fee). My room had a shower with small square bath-tube comfortable enough to sit in it. I was able to make a mini bath session and it felt great and warm. "Bath" is quite deep - you won't get frozen even if you are able only to sit in it. This hotel is great even though it's just two stars. It deserves more. I am serious!

Okay for brief stay but not suitable for more than two nights. Not suitable foe families!
    • Double or Twin Room

Amenities in room very basic. No coffee available in room or complex. Restaurants close bt.

Very close to the La remada (sp.) promenade and hop on hop off buses, both red and blue lines.

Great value, Great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe a little plan with the 10 best tapas restaurants close to the hotel. The front desk provided us with a tourist map but too small to read really. Also would have appreciated the front desk person to give us a choice of room location..

I like the location.. almost one block from Plaza Catalunia and just next to the Ramblas. It makes it easy when arriving or departing as you can walk in less than 5 minutes to the Airport Blue Buses. It is Barcelone so the nights are short and can be noisy... Lots of hot water. Room are small but full of what you need.

no more stay at this kind of hotel which just charge lot of money because of good location but no fa

Roon size was smaller then a normal kitchen size. i have double size of bath room . toilet was so small like room . water was not draining from shower and was coming out . there was no place to put shower get on shower wall so had to keep a small plastic pack of shower jell (they provide) in my hand while take shower with one hand

Location only location i booked at 10pm online was at hotel at 11.30 and check out 6am just for few hours sleep

Great accommodation for the price and staff is very helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not all taxi drivers know how to access this hotel. On arrival our taxi left us to walk about five blocks with two right angle turns to get to hotel

Location gives easy access to attractions, public transport

Central location, very clean facility, strong wifi signal in...
    • Double or Twin Room

You have to pay for safety box, very small double bed, very soft matress, bad cheap pillows, garbage can bought probably from dollar store, can't setup the airconditioner (almost like manual one). Very small bathtub - shower with very small access through the glass door.

Central location, very clean facility, strong wifi signal in the room, fancy balcony with view to the small street below. Excellent location for everything, metro stations, La Rambla st, restaurants, cooffe shops, bus station to airpory etc

Highly recommend the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was expensive and not value for money.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Great sized room and bathroom, room cleaned every day. Excellent location!

Would not stay there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Spartan room and really dark.. Outdated. Safe deposit box was not working. Could not lock it. Very noisy outside. Shower was in the bath and very slippery. Had no real breakfast room.

Very central. Staff was friendly enough.

Although the hotel has an excellent location we were disappointed with the beds and bathroom.
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were uncomfortable- one of the beds was soft mattress and the other had a very hard mattress. Both beds had a pillow on them that was as hard as a brick and most uncomfortable. The bathroom had no exhaust fan and no window in the room so no fresh air was able to circulate. Although the room had a safe in it we had to pay extra for the use of the safe - the charge was small but when booking the room we were not told of the extra charge.

Staff were helpful. Location of the hotel is excellent. Able to leave our cases after checkout time and collect them later.

Cheap and cheerful and well worth it!
    • Double or Twin Room

I always like a kettle in a hotel bedroom

This is a cheap and cheerful hotel, excellent location, good wifi, a lift , quiet rooms , staff speak English, I have been many times before and will visit again.

we both enjoyed immensely.
    • Double or Twin Room

No view from our room but we weren't on vacation to look out of a window

the location was excellent easy access to great resturants and local areas. Close to the Metro and local super markets. Info centre close by and the staff were helpful with transport and information and event bookings. Would definitely stay there again.

Location in the heart of everything.
    • Quadruple Room

Rooms were very basic almost like a college dorm. Very tight space and sheets and covers were uncomfortable. No basic coffee or tea in the room. But we payed for location. Good for 1 or 2 nights.

location right off LaRambla and seconds from the square where we could pick up tour buses or get on tge metro. Very busy area, but was relatively quiet at night. Front desk was very helpful. On a cute pedestrian side street with several restaurants and shops.

Good budget hotel in brilliant location

The single room I had was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location, a few minutes walk from the bus station, metro, and is in a quiet side street off La Rambla. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Nice hotel with friendly receptionists but spoiled by surroundings.

Beggars sleeping on the street close by. Extremely noisy late night & noisy people banging doors & shouting at 1.30 am for over an hour!! Graffiti everywhere spoiling the whole area & bodies lying in doorways & also in the Catalunya square, it reeked of urine every where! Not a place I want to return to.

Nice old buildings & charm

A nice apartment for a low budget vocation.

First thing was about misunderstanding and i don't know who to blame. Check-in at hotel Catalunya is at 1:00 PM. I send a request through Booking.com to a hotel stuff for opportunity to make it earlier because i am landing at midnight. I've got mail from Booking.com that they accepted my request and it is OK by them. When i arrived to hotel at 1:00 AM the stuff said to me that they have no idea about my request and i have to wait till 1:00 PM for a room i've booked. So i spend like a 10 hours waiting for a check-in. And the second thing was a smell in a room. It smelt like a sewerage and open balcony door didn't help. May be it was only in my room #104 but that thing disturbed me from time to time.

First of all i have to say that the main advantage of this hotel is its location. It is located in the city centre, means that you can go for a shopping at Plaça de Catalunya, have a nice meal at La Boqueria market, go for a walk on La Rambla, everything is near you. And the second thing was nice to find out that the place is a really quiet despite the fact that thousands of people passing by on a nearby street.

Excellent Location and Good price

NOthing

Excellent Location. Family Room. Stayed with family (3 Children). This hotel is so central and was excellent value for money. It was approx 1 minute walk from Las Ramblas. The Room had 4 single beds and and they said that 2 of my children will have to share a bed. This was perfect. We pushed 3 singles together and 4 of us slept there and 1 on the other single bed. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

A jewel in the heart of Barcelona

My particular bathroom needs renovation: change bathtub to walking showering. No bathtub.

Excellent staff (xila, Jose, Hernan) friendly helpful great attitude. Excellent breakfast (Jun a fantastic person very polite and efficient). Great location with easy walking distance to everything in Barcelona. Centrally located next to plaza Catalunya, the heart of Barcelona. Would recommend this property to anyone. Not 5-star hotel but with a 5-star heart and attitude! My room had balcony and it was the jewel of my stay

Centrally located hotel

Nothing bad to say

The hotel is very well located , easy to find and clean . The hotel location is excellent , and centrally located . Excellent as a base to move around .

Visiting Barcelona

The room was very small.

The staff was great! The location was excellent and everything was in walking distance! The balcony was fun. The sitting room with chairs, tv, 2 computers&printer, drinks vending machine and microwave was great.

I would stay at Catalunya again!

Loud, noisy guests in rooms near me. (late at night) Not the hotel's fault.

I really liked the location - convenient to Catalunya Metro, Las Ramblas area retail shopping, bike tour rental, Carrefour grocery & El Corte Ingles Dept. store. Hotel receptionists were very helpful with information. I felt safe here. Room was nice. Included a refrigerator. Bathroom was nice; included hairdryer.

Just right ok

My room was quiet noisy late at night with people cheering in the streets and then again early in the morning with the garbage pick ups and road cleanings

Central location

Fantastic location

Street is noisy, especially when the window is open especially on weekends and early morning (when street cleaning crews are at work). Bringing earplug as suggested by another reviewer solved the problem. Noise level ok when window is closed.

Fantastic location to explore Barcelona on foot. Good wifi in room and also free computer room with printer (handy if you want to print tickets to some of the city's attractions). The room is adequately fitted and clean. Perfect as a home base for visiting the city. However, if you are expecting luxury accommodations, this isn't it.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

There are plenty of homeless outside the hotel.

Location. It's very near the attractions and the shops. They added extra pillows and blankets for me to use

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hairdryer in the bathroom wasn't great but that's a minor niggle.

It was just a very clean and well run hotel in a great location. Air conditioning was a big plus. There was a fridge. The bathroom was good, the shower was powerful and there was a bidet.

Dont get a taxi via reception, he will cheat you and you'll pay 50 Euro which must be around 25 Euro
    • Double or Twin Room

I did not like the reception when I decide to get to the airport who cheated me somehow by booking a taxi and paid 50 Euro to the Airport which is only less than 20 min driving!!!!!!

I like the balcony of this hotel, its just perfect

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The front desk staff were (esp.
    • Double or Twin Room

I saw a large bug (possibly a cockroach) scurry across the bathroom floor at about 1 AM during my last night there. I knew that there wasn't much that could be done at that hour but called the front desk so that he could report the issue with the person on duty the next morning. But the front desk person said he could not understand English or "no comprende".

The front desk staff were (esp. Sheila) was very responsive and helpful. Excellent location. Away from Ramblas so not noisy.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

God basic service clean and very conveniently situated
    • Double or Twin Room

On the down side the hotel did not serve breakfast although you could eat across the road or in the Hotel Cortes. Also the shower fitment was a little high for me to reach as I am only 5 ft 3" tall. As our flight was very early in the morning it would have been good to be able to make a cup of tea with a teasmaid or kettle. The restaurants were not open at that time of the morning.There was also no iron which would have been useful as I was going to the opera.

Most of the staff were friendly and the cleaner did a good job. The beds were comfortable and the TV worked well. We have stayed in this hotel a few years before and it had improved since the last time.