Reviews of Mayerling Schumann Barcelona

Bruc, 16, Eixample, 08010 Barcelona, Spain

#849 of 1,300 Holiday rentals in Barcelona

Based on 253 apartment reviews

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The staff were wonderful!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

If I was to be picky. The hairdryer. I never brought one with me so had no option. My hair dryed quicker naturally. It nearly blew me up. But that’s me being extra fussy. I couldn’t complain.

The staff were wonderful! Nothing was too much trouble and were so helpful! The apartment was lovely. Clean and comfortable in good location. Stayed in Barcelona a few times and it’s up there with our best stays.

The worst experience we have ever had.
    • Studio

The keys were in one place, the parking place in another and the apartment in the third- all 3 buildings were located at a distance of 1,5-2 km. Moreover, we had to leave suitcases in the office with keys, then return after parking the car to the office to pick up suitcases and then to carry suitcases to the apartment. Nightmare!!! The apartment was dirty, the kitchenware old and dirty, unpleasant to use.

Only the central location

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

location superb, minor things didn't ruin our stay and overall I am very satisfied with the venue!
    • Loft

the rooms were very small, the bed sheets, pillow, blankets very low quality. I was traveling with kids and we had double bed sheets which was inconvenient to share the bed cover with the kids who move a lot while sleeping :) and they did not have extra pillow or cover, as I love to sleep on two pillows I straggled with only one. bathroom amenities were poor quality and if you will choose to stay at this premises better to bring your own.

The location of the apartment is super, 5 minutes walking from Placa Catalunya, market is next door, metro station is in front of the apartment building. highly recommended for travelers who would like to do sightseeing and walk around. Hosts were very friendly and supportive. Alvaro helped a lot during the check in. carried my heavy suitcases and on the check out supported to find taxi which could accommodate 5 persons.

Location, overall size.
    • Superior Apartment

Kitchen devices and a wash/dryer is missed. Supposed to be cleaned after 3 days, however they just came and change towels. The terrace area isn’t accesible from the flat.

Location, overall size.

Overall a very good experience and definitely a place to keep in mind when in Barcelona.
    • Studio

Neighbors were a bit noisy but that's not something the organization can stop.

Location was superb, a 1-minute walk to the Urquinaona metro station. We got an upgrade without our knowledge and without paying anything extra, which was a very nice surprise. Very clean and spacious apartment.

very nice design with the brick wall.
    • Studio

check in process can be made more easy. you need to go to another location to take the keys which is not so far to the apartments ( 2 streets away)

very nice design with the brick wall. good location

The beds were really comfy.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The beds were really comfy. We loved having a tiny terrace out front - an unexpected surprise. The high ceilings gave a feeling of space. The location is great- close to the metro, but also close to walk to most areas.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The property is situated in a good location and is very...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The property looked nothing like the photos advertised on the website. We were expecting a seated patio and the the apartment had none. Instead the apartment had one large window at the back with a view of an unkempt backyard full of metal and debris. When we asked the administration about this, they told us that we were given upgraded rooms. 😡 Shortly after arriving and settling into our apartment around 9pm, we met a couple stranded in hallway as the key to their apartment wouldn’t work. It was their last night in Barcelona and they were scheduled to fly early the next morning. They desperately tried to contact administration on the phone for about 3 hours until they finally succeeded at around midnight. In addition to this, we faced a plethora of other problems; the toilet didn’t flush properly, bathroom door had no lock, clothing iron didn’t work, floors were dirty, and the freezer compartment of the refrigerator so was icy that we couldn’t use it. Overall, it was a disappointing experience because we didn’t get what we paid for. Would definitely not book again.

The property is situated in a good location and is very close to La Rambla.

Location is great: Close to everything but not on a busy...
    • Loft

It would be nice to have more kitchen, cleaning and basic cooking accessories. Keys have to be picked up a few blocks from the property so be aware that you will need to walk with your luggage.

Location is great: Close to everything but not on a busy street so it feels more relaxed. The living area with the big windows and high cealing is beautiful. Host are friendly and helpful.

location was fantastic.
    • Apartment

Couldn't fault the property or location.

location was fantastic. walking distance to the center of the city (Plaça de Catalunya). great place to retreat to after a days touring

Incredible, perfect break.
    • Studio

Only that the shower was dirty but it wasn't a big deal.

The location could not have been more perfect. The hosts were so so easy to deal with and the apartment was lovely. The shower appeared to have been missed during the cleaning process before we stayed, however it wasn't a massively big deal - when mentioned the host they offered to send someone straight away to clean it even though we were happy to do so ourselves. All in all we had an amazing holiday and we would LOVE to stay in that apartment again if we visit Barcelona in the future.

Overall just ok.
    • Studio

Bulding block and apartment unit was rather dated, with stained walls and odd cracks located over. Pantry side too was old and unwelcoming for use. The bed was located within what felt like a small square rather than a room, it felt claustrophobic to me without a window.

Location was central, the hosts were responsive too.

Close to the: Rambla, City centre, shops, restaurant.
    • Loft

At first time arrival at night not so easy to find the appartement inside of the building. The email with the entry code-s and the correct text, where you find the appartement, arrived only 2 hours before arriving, without internet connection, you need call the very helpful assistant to reach the the door and appartement codes.

Close to the: Rambla, City centre, shops, restaurant. Excellent metro connection, very helpful and good english speaking assistants. The bathroom has big separated shower box.

Very disappointing
    • Studio

It was noisy all our vacation, like we took a room inside a bush party. More then that, the room was stinky from cigarette smoke...it was so stinky that even our clothes that left in the suitcase where like we have been in a bar with them. There are some no smoking signs in the hall way but no one is checking to see if there is a problem, and when we complain, we were told that there is nothing to be done about the neighbors (who are also residents of the same owners)...

The location is great and the apartment is realy nice...

What a great find - this is the perfect spot to stay and enjoy Barcelona!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The location was exceptional, across the street from a metro station and a couple of blocks from all the action. We could walk to many of the sites we wanted to see. The hosts were fantastic, ensuring we were comfortable. We had a minor problem that we mentioned and they were at the door to fix, literally within minutes - and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. It was lovely and quiet and had some very nice touches. We definitely recommend this place as a wonderful spot to stay and enjoy Barcelona.

Great location, decent apartment.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There weren't any spare pillows. We also had a problem with ants in the apartment but we didn't have time to resolve it as only became a problem on the last night.

Great location right next to the metro station. Good air con

Lovely apartment, great hosts, pefect location. Few wee areas for improvement but would recommend!
    • Studio

There was only 1 key per apartment and unfortunately ours was in my purse that was stolen on the first evening. This meant that we had to call the emergency out of hours number and no-one picked up. Fortunately Lamina, the host, was at hand to come and get us a new key. However I'm not sure how safe/efficient this system is. Request two keys if you can. Iron needs replaced. No hair dryer. Fridge could do with a look at (shelves broken).

Hosts were fantastic, especially Lamina, who went out of her way to help when I had my purse stolen. We liked the fact that when we checked out at 6am we could just leave the key on the table (as their offices did not open until 8am). Great view from the balcony and fantastic location - so close to bus stations and city centre.

Excellent position but not value for money.
    • Superior Apartment

The flat was not what we expected, the outlook is dirty and unpleasant. The appliances (eg dishwasher) need updating. At this price point we expected higher quality accommodation.

The accommodation was in an excellent position. The flat is a good size and plenty of room.

Take me back to Barcelona
    • Loft

It could have been much cleaner. The couch was not clean at all. We stayed at one of their lofts, and to get to the bedroom, you'd have to climb up a ladder at a very tight space. My wife and I were fine with it, but if a heavyset guy or gal were staying there, it would be difficult.

Location was pretty cool and there is a metro station right around the corner. The bus station was only about a 5-minute walk. Also, there is a 7'11 close by and open 24 hours, and a supermarket not too far away.

ok
    • Loft

bed was very uncomfortable. The main bed was just passable in comfort but in a loft that was hard to access and the couch/pull out was not comfortable at all.

great location and easy access to transit or walk to centre

Location of the apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Cleaningness of the bathroom The adress of the reception is not the same than the apartment and it is not indicated on the reservation

Location of the apartment

I felt cheated and I am concerned that this could happen to others
    • Superior Apartment

I booked a luxury acommodation for a special occasion. Uppon our arrival at the apartment at 8 pm, we were given a very small and unattractive acommodation, very different to what I had originally booked. In addition to this, the apartment was dirty and an offensive odour was impossible to get rid of even with the windows open. I was told that this issue would be resolved in the morning after staff arrive to work. The next morning, the receptionist tried to convince me that this was exactly what I had booked but admitted there was a plumming fault and offered a ten percent discount due to the persistent smell in the apartment. When I emailed proof that I had reserved and paid for a superiour apartment with balcony and city views, she admitted that there was a discrepancy but insisted it was due to a mistake on behalf of booking.com. No further compensation was offered due to the discrepansy of what was booked and what was offered on site. I feel cheated and being taken advantage of. These experiences have taken away from a holiday I had planned and saved for a very long time. I am disappointed that no one took took the responsibility to at least apologize and refund the difference between the room price I booked and the price for the accommodation I stayed in. In my opinion, this borders with theft and criminality and I am concerned that such practices could continue to happen in the future.

Our experience was very distressing, unfortunately I could not report anything positive on this occasion.

Location that's all Please take note of statement below.
    • Superior Apartment

There was no fire exit the one that lead to the balcony had a steel metal gate bolted to the wall and it was locked. When we ask about the key we were told that it's the neighbors access to their balcony. We no key to the safe, shower dirty, poor kitchen facilities, no kettle had to boil water in a saucepan to tea & coffee. Legs on chairs very loose, broken toilet seat. Just the whole experience of staying in an apartment turned out to be a bad one, never again.

Location that's all Please take note of statement below.

Perfect apartment for a city stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No real complaints - the only thing I would say is that the mould in the shower needs tending to.

If you want to be so central in Barcelona that you don't even need to take the metro, this is the place. Our fifth time in Barcelona but the first time we never used the metro during 4 days. We had a stroller and walked everywhere. The street is relatively quiet, the facilities in the apartment are good, and Luis, who took us from reception to our apartment is a lovely and helpful gem who helped carry our luggage upstairs. The balcony was perfect for apero. I would stay here again and again. In fact, I want to go back right now....!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Great Location, fantastic helpful staff, appartment needs to be redecorated/refurbished
    • Superior Apartment

Apartment was a bit tired, it needed a repaint. Kitchen appliances were very old.Shower tray and enclosure have seen better days and looked shabby. The apartment is due a refurbishment.

Excellent Location, staff were very friendly and accommodating. Very cool Catalan timbrel ceiling in the apartment. The overall building has historic merit with many period features....including the passenger lift!

Apartment inside nice building.
    • Superior Apartment

Apartment very small - much smaller in sqm than expected and the facilities were poor especially the bathroom. Kitchen not really for self catering as it did not have adequate utensils.

Apartment inside nice building. Fantastic location

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Positive aspects: location, agility in contact with the...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

From the living room window (terrace), there were lots of cigarettes and dirt.The room window remained open with clarity because it was broken.

Positive aspects: location, agility in contact with the reception, organized cuisine.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The management staff was wonderful.
    • Studio

The apartment could use some repairs and renovation. It is showing signs of its age and heavy use. It is such a lovely location, and in a great building, it deserves a little investment to 'spruce' it up.

The management staff was wonderful...very friendly and helpful. Coordinating the pick up of the keys (at a different location than the apartment) was very easy. Thanks Luis! The neighborhood is great...adjacent to the city centre; everything was within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

I prefer to rent a hotel room with less stars with the same price
    • Studio

The apartment is far away out of my expectation. 1) it's bothersome to check in at the different place few blocks away from the apartment. 2) The water was getting cold even no hot water when I was talking shower over around 10mins.Its totally the same in my 3nights stay. 3) The light infront of the main door was out of order. 4) I was trying to boil some water with the kettle provided. Found that the kettle inside was not clean, it's not the water problem.i gave up finally. 5) It's weird. there was only a trash bin inside the house. The trash bin was placed under the cabinet-spent a min to find it out😐Just moved to my room -luckily I never use he kitchen otherwise my room will be some smell of food.(and the trash bag never changed in three days😐) 6) Part of my reason to book this apartment cos there were few cozy pictures. And showed there will be a nice balcony. Felt like a bit angry after getting in the room like the picture shows😮Well,then I just don't wanna stay in the apartment anymore hahaha -it's too dark to use soft light in dining room after sunset(especially considering there is only 1 light works in dinning room.

-The staff is extremely friendly.Called me twice before checking in cos I had left my expected arrival time.and let me check in before official time of check in. -no deposit,easy check out.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

very good position,
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

If you can, request the apartment that is not at the 1st floor with the street view: this is the one we had and it was not really a good deal for 2 reasons: it was located above the entrance in the building and we were hearing all the time the big heavy metal door when it was closed (better said slammed). In front of the window is the bus end of line and if you keep the windows open it is very noisy when it starts, but just for a 2 minutes. Our apartment also had a smell problem around the sink area (not persistent in the apartment) due to the refrigerator drain - unfortunately we found the root cause late but I believe the staff already fixed this.

very good position 15 minutes easy walk from Rambla (place Universidad); nearby are 2 supermarkets, coffee shops, bike rentals and few local food shops. The vault key you need to ask at reception office in Tallers 82 street. The kitchen is fully equipped and all appliances are working very good, there are also available the dishes if you want to eat inside. Apartment is nicely decorated and clean. Capacity is 4 persons: 2 in the bedroom (although it is very small) and 2 in the livingroom+kitchen area on one big expandable sofa. There are towels, hair dryer, shower gel etc. Our apartment had a small terrace with street view, with a small table and 2 seats that we were enjoying late in the evening. The big maple trees on the street offer a very nice shadow. The personnel also is very kind.

Great apartment with great location , comfortable and easy...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

no elevator, the blanket is not warm enough

Great apartment with great location , comfortable and easy checkin.

Gr8 location

No balcony

Gr8 location

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

wi-fi was available only in the bedrom,that's the single...
    • Studio

wi-fi was available only in the bedrom,that's the single issue we could find still

Great location for a city stay! Lovely apartment.
    • Loft

The host was very helpful and chatty. The location is great, very central - very close to all. The apartment was very spacious and light.

Very charming, spacious and close to city centre.
    • Loft

Very charming, spacious and close to city centre.

Excellent location and well appointed room.
    • Studio

Difficult finding the location to get the key.

Excellent location and well appointed room.

Location excellent
    • Superior Apartment

We had a rear unit.View from unit was to a fire escape with bars on the window. No washing machine

Location excellent

Close to city center, clean, decent space
    • Loft

Suspended bed and very loud noises due to very old windows

Close to city center, clean, decent space

very satisfied with our stay

Nothing .

Great location ..very central . Easy to get there from the airport.

An enjoyable stay in one of the world's great city locations.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

A great location for exploring the city and good basic facilities.

An amazing apartment at a very decent price with very friendly and helpful hosts.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Hot water ran out very quickly

Excellent location, very friendly and helpful hosts

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

decent choice
    • Studio

as an apartment one would expect few basic kitchen amenities (like kitchen paper, olive oil etc)..

friendly staff, big room, central location

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

basic accomodation in brilliant location

very basic facilities.

excellent location very central metro across the street

Great place, great staff
    • Superior Apartment

The staff were exceptional, all of them were helpful and accommodating, especially Lamira.

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mayerling Schumann Barcelona traveller photo gallery