Reviews of Eurostars Ciudad de La Coruña 4 stars

Juan Sebastián Elcano, 13, 15002 A Coruña, Spain

#14 of 32 hotels in A Coruña

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is at 20 min walking from the city centre. No restaurants in the area.

The hotel offers ample free parking space. Staff was pleasant and efficient. Large room and comfortable bed. Bath including shower was OK. Wi-fi available. Bus stop at 100 mt from the hotel bringing you right downtown. Bus tickets on the bus. The windows of our room on the 7th floor were nice, with a nice view on the bay. Very good breakfast ample choice.

• Double or Twin Room

The restaurant menu was limited and the service lacking. My husband's dessert described as Artisan Yoghurt was a packaged tub of yoghurt costing €5!

The room and bathroom were great.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Dinner menu was very small.

A little far out of main town but taxis available and the bus ride was very quick and very cheap. Rooms clean and staff pleasant and helpful

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The staff (except the reception) didn't speak English so I spent like half an hour ordering a room service (mind you I wanted a salad....). Not much for a vegan option for breakfast....

I enjoyed the ocean view very much.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

It's a bit far from the centre of town, and had to get a taxi in, because was worried about parking. The parking does not belong to the hotel, but is public. I would have preferred a kettle in the room, and the leaflet says down and synthetic pillows, but only had synthetic sadly for me.

Very comfortable, with a great view of the sea. Really a good hotel, with a lovely location. Staff very helpful, would have liked a café open on Sunday night, nothing nearby.

• Double or Twin Room

The worst thing of the hotel is the check-in time: at 15:00 is too late. Due to its location and the public transport network probably you'll need to take a taxi to go back to the hotel during the night. Breakfast for 10€ seems a bit too much. There are just a few old restaurants in the area.

Big and confortable room. Good relation quality-price. Bus stop next to the hotel. But the best and unexpected thing is its location: next to the coast, you'll enjoy the stay just walking around and it's close to the main tourist attraction of the city, the Tower of Hercules.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing really important but the staff at the restaurant is terribly slow. Also, I would not recommend anyone to count on restaurant menu for dinner as it is quite limited and costly.

Excellent location, good comfort, facilities as described, good breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Only room service in the near vicinity. Restaurant opened after 9pm but had a party booked for buffet. Bathroom floor was not spotless.

Close to the water and sculpture park. Easy onsite parking

• Double or Twin Room

flat was wide, brand new, clean, king size bed. view on atlantic. quiet place near hercules tower, beach under the hotel, free parking, u can walk to downtown in about 20 mins or use the city public bus, bus stop near the hotel. good breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The guy asked me when I was checking out how I wanted to pay, in euros or dollars. I asked him how many dollars it would be, he told me $105 flat. He said it right away, making me think he’s probably said that many times. I asked him how much in euro. He said 99. In this case, with the currency exchange I was saving over $25 paying in dollars. When he ran my card, he charge me over $131. That means I could’ve paid for a whole third night, or have included breakfast for my entire stay as he was price gouging me by 30%. I own a business personally and I know that if I were to charge somebody a number that I did not agree with them with, I would reverse the charge immediately. When I called the receptionist out on it, he said well I told you it was 99 in euros and I said yes but you charge me $132 after telling me it was $105. He refused outright to reverse the charge Or at the very least to pay me the difference. I know that, regardless of the hotel being very nice inside, and staying in a very nice room, I will never stay there because I would never agree with someone charging me 30% more than we agreed-upon literally within that sentence, that is theft. In fact I may actually edit my scores to give them a lower rating. Because that’s criminal. I had been on a well planned out vacation for touring Spain for 16 days from A Coruña to Madrid to Segovia to Toledo to Barcelona to Valencia, and all the way up to San Sebastián and France. I Printed out an itinerary with all of the prices and locations where I would be staying and had absolutely no problem going through my daily trips in probably 10 or 12 different hotels and absolutely nobody gave me any issues in Spain but this hotel. And I was looking forward to giving them good reviews because the hotel itself was nice inside.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Great hotel located in a lovely area with small beaches (calas) closeby as well as a menhir park. Hercules tower at walking distance. Citydowntown a bit far away (15-20min by bus). Staff was excellent and lovely, helping out at out request. I'd stay in here again :)

• Double or Twin Room

Big structure, a little bit impersonal

It is impayble the wiew of the sea from the winow in the morning. Very close to Historycal centre Good value for money

A few probs. The room stank of tobacco the first day. There was no kitchen or kettle, common in Europe, but the fact there was NO SERVICE AT ALL from 12 to 1900 hours made making a tea or coffee impossible on a cold winter afternoon. There was a coffee machine but we like our own tea and I take a hot infusion for my health. No .... They could not give us any hot water. We would go again ... It was good for the price and with a little more could be very good despite its faded glory.

Lovely view and the junior suite on the top floor is well worth the extra although ordinary rooms are spacious. We were there for a stormy weekend and the room was comfortable and the bed enormous and well dressed with good linen. Bathroom was nice and towels ok. No robes or slippers but lovely toiletries. We loved the 2k walk back and missed the rain on the three evenings, just! Not much around .. Apart from a very basic local bar just a hundred yards away that filled the 12 to 1900 gap some days. They were lovely..

• Double or Twin Room

It was so nice to have a large parking lot with plenty of parking to greet me. The person at the desk was welcoming and spent time showing me places on the map. The location was great. You can use the long promenade to get to the Pillar of Hercules and to walk to the old city. The old city is about a 20 minute walk. The room had a great view of the water. WiFi was very good. Breakfast was extensive. The area is so pedestrian friendly. Leave the car in the parking and walk.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

There was no atmosphere in the restaurant. My husband and I were the only two people eating there in the evening which would have been fine had the lighting been kinder. The restaurant is very bright which is not the right atmosphere for evening meals. A smile on the face of the waitress at breakfast would have been nice. I have experienced better breakfasts in 4* hotels. The hot food had the look of things that had been laying there for a while.

Good size room. Lovely view from room and pleasant walk to the Hercules Tower. The waiter who works in the restaurant in the evenings was very helpful and polite.

• Double or Twin Room

Location great for sightseeing a very pretty part of La Coruna but a little away from restaurants and the charming old town. Taxis are cheap and bus stop near the hotel

Early check-in and late check out granted Free upgrade to suite Wonderful views Helpful staff

Nothing at all

The room was large, so was the bed and the sea view was superb. This was only an overnight stop on our way around the coast, but a fantastic choice. Outside was a coastal path walk with a park area including art installations. We took advantage of room service which was delicious and well cooked. The variety on the menu was more than average.

• Double or Twin Room

There was no disabled parking and my husband has a blue badge. It was only by chance that a space was available close to the hotel entrance.

The view from the 6th floor bedroom window was spectacular.

• Double or Twin Room

we hoped to use the sauna whilst there but it was out of commission and the gym,mostly the equipmet was falling to bits

large rooms,good staff and great views.

• Double or Twin Room

The place is fantastic, clean, excellent location, very nice staff, the only complaint is the air conditioning, it seems the turn it off during the day or it is not strong enough for when the sun is up!!!

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The location is very good. Arond 15 minutes walks, you can reach Hecules tower. The room is neat and has a good queen bed and sofa bed. This is very fit for my family of 4 people. There is no water supply but you can get some at the front. There are some apartments nearby hotels so car parking is not that easy in front of hotel. It would be better for you to find little bit far place for parking.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The location of this hotel is amazing ... nice peaceful area with breathtaking views of ocean. The rooms are spacious and so is washroom. Very clean, comfortable and buffet breakfast was amazing. Would love to go back to this hotel again and again.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The smell of cigarettes in the room. It would by nice to have in hotel TV programs with different languages than Spanish, but that was not the big deal.

Fast WiFi. Plenty of free parking places if not in front of hotel then on the street in few dozens meter from hotel. It was clean and with nice view on bay. Fantastic place to spend time in A Coruna, on side was a big park with lighthouse (you can go up to have great view).

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

That we couldn't stay another night.

Everything was great from the room, to the view, the friendly and informative staff, great shower, huge bed, easy parking, and loved location near tower of Hercules. And the price was so cheap. We walked into city which is a fair way but we found a restaurant within 10 minutes walk just up the hill. And this restaurant La Torre was a great fish restaurant.

The overall setting was poor, in a suburb of residential tower blocks The hotel is dated and crying out for a refurbishment

One aspect of the location was good, at the end of the peninsula so walking long the coast to the tower of Hercules was nice

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is easily accessible by car by driving through the Avena Porto tunnel and following the perimeter road of the peninsula.  There was ample lot and street parking for free.  We had a standard double with a sea view, in fact the curving design of the hotel seemed to give all rooms a sea view of some kind.  The room itself was clean with basic amenities and a very nice bath .  The dinner was good, the breakfast buffet was great and cheap.  The best part was probably the walk out access to the beach and large sculpture park as well as the super helpful and friendly front desk staff, in our case Mercedes E and Ines on September 25th day and evening.

• Double or Twin Room

Super large and comfy bed, really nice and helpful staff that let us leave the luggage in the lobby the day we were departing. Not very appealing from the outside, but the room was beautiful. If we ever go back, we would choose this hotel again.

• Double or Twin Room

Great hotel in lovely location. About 20 mins walk into town but you could also catch a bus if you prefer. We got a cab back on a rainy eve which only cost 5 euros. Nice walk from hotel on green site by the sea.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The breakfast price was 9 Euros each person. In my opinion, it is a very high price for children. If you travel with 2 children of 6-7 years old, you must pay 18 Euros for their breakfasts.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

There was a lack of information on cafe and restaurant opening times. The shower could have been better.

Super large comfy bed and pillows. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The set menu for dinner was very bland and extremely disappointing. No menu was displayed - and the waiter only had a menu in English (which we translated with the help of an online dictionary). Few of the staff spoke good English. The hotel had a nice garden in the back, but there were no seats or chairs offered and it could effectively not be used.

The beaches were close by and there was a nice walk along the seafront. The evening buffet dinner - when offered - was excellent as was the buffet breakfast with a good choice. Internet connection was good.

• Double or Twin Room

I selected a non smoking room; but I received a room that the stinked like tabaco even after keeping the window opened for hours. I asked for a change and I was told that I am only staying one night and if I would had stayed longer they would have change it, so I had to sleep in that smell.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The location of the hotel is absolutely excellent. The staff also. We had a junior suite which was big, with two rooms, very clean, comfortable, peaceful, very nice indeed. It was a great experience to visit this authentic, historic, lively city with a magnificent location by the Atlantic. And Galicia is fantastic region.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Terrible amount of cigarette smoking right at entrance of hotel . Unavoidable! They must move ashtrays! Sauna / steam was not working. Hotel is a bit run down. Broken tiles at entrance walk way. They need a new couch in lobby. Dinning not available on weekends. Buffet breakfast has wonderful items, though staff is VERY slow in replenishing items that are low finished.

Good breakfast and our room had a lovely view. Housekeeping staff was wonderful! Good family layout withhe main room and sofa bed in living area. Nice toiletries. Beautiful park across the way and easy walk to Hercules Tower and ocean views.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel location is awful next to huge blocks of flats. No cafes, bars, restaurants nearby......local buses have to be used to get to facilities and town. Hotel has no pool - one day one lift did not work, the next day the suana was out of order. Not 4 x stars in my opinion.

Good breakfast, friendly staff, nice clean room......

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We had been given a suite instead of a standard room for the night I had booked. When we wanted to add an extra night they let us stay in the suite for no extra charge! The breakfast was excellent, everything you could wish for. Location is perfect for getting away from the busy part of town but easily walked to.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The location was the only problem. Too far to walk to the old city, so one was dependent upon taxis to there and to the train station.

The room was large and had a beautiful view of the Atlantic. The hotel is quite close to la Torre de Hercules and Finisterre, believed in the classical and mediaeval world to be the end of the known world. The room was comfortable and modern. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. We've stayed at Eurostars before in Buenos Aires and it really is an excellent chain of hotels, from our experience.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Nothing to fault!

Beautiful spacious room with gorgeous view overlooking delightful beach. Nearby tower of Hercules, coastal walks and walking distance to Maria Pita Square! Just lovely.

• Double or Twin Room

A little distance uphill to the center of town to restaurants and to small eating places. No problem if you have a car or can take the number 5 bus. We did the walk several times and only takes about 30 minutes.

Good sized room. Breakfast was very nice. Nice to have a sea view and watch the water and the waves. Small beach very close. Comfortable. Nice sea walk.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Dinner didn't start till 8:30, athough the ad in the elevator said 7pm.

Exceptional view of ocean from the room's window, walking distance to Tower of Hercules. Parking was available even though not undercover. Good breakfast buffet. Exceptional VALUE for money!!!

• Double or Twin Room

There are no restaurants or bars or anything close to the hotel. There is only one coffee bar at maybe 100 meters distance and that's not really a nice place... The other restaurants a little bit more far, climbing up the road, are not worth a visit. One must go to the city for eating, bars, coffee and the like. Although from the beauty of the surrounding the location might be the best in A Coruña, it is quite far from the city center (like 30 - 45 minutes walk, or 5 to 7 Euro Taxi). Despite of this disatdvantage I'd come back here anyway, because of the comfort and the wonderful views and walks.

The room is "old style"-beautiful, large enough, the bathroom is pleasant. The bed is comfortable and the room has everything you need and what you expect of such a hotel. Breakfast is very varied, especially for those who love sweets: there is an abundant choice of cakes, tarts, pastries... The views are spectacular and walking from the hotel door around the peninsula is pure pleasure, small nice beaches just in front, beautiful walk alongside the sea . I was lucky to have a free parking on the hotels own parking in front of the door. But in case that there s no place free, there s plenty of free parking just around the corner.

• Double or Twin Room

Its a little bit old. The location is good and nice but not so good if you are by walk. You need to take the bus and in weekends there is not much frequency.

Nice hotel. Good relation price-quality.

• Double or Twin Room

Short distance from town centre but easily accessible via taxi or bus. Having stayed at the hotel previously, we knew there is a car park and if full, parking is available outside of the hotel grounds.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Triple Room (3 Adults)

Perfect location if you don't need to be in the center (15 minutes walk) as it's right on the coast with amazing views and excellent for taking walks along the cliffs and up to the lighthouse which is the best attraction in the area. Comfortable room at a reasonable rate.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No real food options close by except for the hotel restaurant, which may be a problem during a longer stay.

Most beautiful area of La Coruña by the sea, great for jogging, several small beaches right next to the hotel. Away from the hustle of the city center.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Made the mistake of arriving on Sunday. Bar and restaurant closed at weekend. Had to go to a nearby bar for drinks and coffee and in to the town by bus for a meal

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Mattress was awful. They need to be renewed. Breakfast ok but quite underwhelming.

WE were kindly upgraded to the suite. It was a stunning room with a large sitting room and great views to the sea...

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Booked a couple bed, and got two single beds. During weekends, there is no dinning service or room service. Also there is no walking distance options to eat near the hotel.

Nice room, kind and helpfull staff. Great breakfast, but at 7€ cost, not included in reservation.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Double Room (1 Adult)

the hotel is a little out of the way, a bit too far to walk from the city center / riazor at night

the fabulous view over eastern bay of ac the direct access to the torre de hercules area

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

location is really nice and good rooms, Mr. Diego and Mr. Joel they are very friendly and kind, good service, it just like a warm story during my traveling, really good experience for stay in this small city for two days. I hope this hotel still has good business, see you next time.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Don't know much about 4 stars hotels but in this hotel we had great time maybe the problem was smoking,you must go the 1st floor because no balcony,but if you smoking think that you will survive this,like I did.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

If you are not on a high level to enjoy the view, it is better to pick a hotel in the center. The pictures on the website are more modern than what the actual hotel is.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We stayed here on Sept 22nd and the air conditioning wasn´t working and when I went downstairs to complain, I was informed that ALL the air conditioning in the hotel had been switched off as summer had officially finished ! The room was very hot and stuffy so we had to open the antiquated squeaky window which one pushed out on a metal spring. ALL the guests had to do the same hence all night you could hear the incredibly noisy windows being opened and shut. All the noise from the car park below could be heard in the room even though we were on the fourth floor. The rooms on the website appeared to be much larger than they were in reality. The floors were made of laminated wood so everytime someone above or next door dropped something or moved furniture, it was very audible. I have no idea how this hotel earned its 4 stars as in my opinion, it doesn´t deserve more than 2 !!

It is in a beautiful setting with views over the bay and the Roman lighthouse, Hercules is just behind.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Information how to drive to the hotel. The staff in the breakfast restaurant were really bored. The should not work in the service sector!

A big comfortable hotel in a big city.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Approx 130 rooms but only 23 parking spaces. Hotel is adjacent to several apartment blocks so parking is not easy!! Restaurant was in no way four star. Closed at weekends and very limited choice on weekdays. City centre about 20 min walk.

Members of staff were excellent as was the bedroom. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel is very corporate and lacking atmosphere. This is made up for in the heart of La Coruna which is a good 30 minutes walk from the hotel. There is a good bus service though near to the hotel- to Puerta Real (The main area) it costs 1.30 euros. (No 3 Bus) Taxis are about 6 euros. There are no outdoor areas in the hotel to sit and have a drink and don't expect a nightcap when you get back from the bustling and vibrant city as everything in this hotel is closed. And I'm not talking early hours - we got back at 23.00 hrs one night and everything in the hotel was shut no food no drink not even a vending machine! There is a cafe bar around the corner from the hotel - turn right and walk towards the bus stop - it's behind a concrete building easy to miss - but nice and reasonably priced and opens a bit later. Parking is a nightmare! The car park in front of the hotel does not belong to the hotel and they take no responsibility for idiots who double park so you can't get your car out! They really don't care! Our holiday was nearly ruined because of this but due to great skill and patience we did manage to manoeuvre without a scratch. Very stressful though so beware of this.

The beds were very comfortable and the location was quiet. The front desk staff were very friendly. The room rate was excellent on a bookings.com deal. Can't say it was awful but if we'd paid full price we may have not liked the rundown interior and the mould on the bath tiles but all in all it was quiet clean and very comfortable. The air con and wifi worked well for us. We took a travel kettle so we were able to make tea in the room. Good tip as Spanish hotels don't supply this facility. The shower was excellent with lovely fluffy bath towels.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Pillows- low quality dinner buffet for 17euros not a good value - able to eat in town with high quality rations at a much better value difficult parking

Staff -always very helpful, multi lingual. Good location -2 minutes from the water and parks.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Triple Room (3 Adults)

The location of the hotel is perfect in terms of closeness to the ocean, the rocky shore, the Tower of Hercules, the ancient Roman Lightouse and Manolo Paz's menhirs. It feels great to wake up to the view of the wide ocean and to go on a walk by the rocky shore. The room was large and very clean. The breakfast was rich in variety.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Triple Room (3 Adults)

It was dirty! The surrounding very bad although close to historical monuments. The staff, not kind at reception, not professional during breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

it's a long walk from the town centre. We were only there for a night as we came to see the lighthouse. However, it is a bit isolated if you were staying longer.

Nice hotel with good facilities and friendly staff. It's also literally next door to the beach which was an added bonus. Amazing Roman lighthouse very close by.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

How about putting some effort to facilities? Get rid of the gym in 8th floor and turn it into a restaurant?

Hotel is located a bit far from the center but buses and taxis function. Hotel in itself is a bit tired, seems like the hotel management has kind of given up trying? Nice small beach nearby. Breakfast good buffet-style.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

There was really nothing that we did not like in this place.

This is a wonderful place with incredible service. the rooms were wonderful. Although we got placed in a smoking room which we specifically requested NOT to be in. But they quickly placed us in another room that was beautiful. Shower and bathroom was clean and well stocked. Bed was wonderful. There was parking right outside the door.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking outside hotel a little difficult.

Spacious, comfy room. Good facilities to make a pleasant stay. Good views over the headland. Proximity to bus into city.

• Double or Twin Room

Absolutely no food/beverage facilities during the weekend. Cannot even get a cup of coffee or tea. The nearest shop/restaurant is over a 1/2 an hour away. The staff took pity on us and made us a cup of coffee and a biscuit. That was dinner that night.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Big, ugly building surrounded by likewise. However nearby park and sea views make this more than bearable.

Good hotel to use if you want a city break. All areas accessible by nearby buses and reasonably priced taxis. Also train station could link you to Santiago for day trip!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It's a shame to say but you have the idyllic Atlantic in front of you and still feel like your staying on a 1960/70 English council estate. For the states read projects.

The location is good for cliff top walks and the small beaches, but the backdrop is quite brutal 1960s architecture.

• Double or Twin Room

Gréât place for running , close to Hercules tower and the sea

so near the beach and Torre de Hercules - breathtaking view!

• Double or Twin Room

Every thing was marvellous. Halal food was available near by. Recommended, and will prefer to stay here in future.

N/a

If you are in a car,it was the perfect location as it was clearly signposted. A Coruna is a confusing place.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast tired and quality of reception mixed

Great spot just out of town but in refreshing coastal spot

Location, price and very large room.

• Double or Twin Room

A long way from the old town tapas. Not much to do nearby. Other than the beach.

Close to the beaches

• Double or Twin Room

Remote from the city centte

Friendly and efficient staff