Reviews of Blue Sea Club Martha's 4 stars

Carrer Des Parc de La Mar, 6 Cala D´Or, 07660 Cala d´Or, Spain

#17 of 25 Holiday rentals in Cala d´Or

• Apartment (4 Adults)

WiFi should be improved, because it is slow and only one user from the appartment may use it at the same time.

We stayed at the hotel second time. We enjoyed holidays very much as it was last year. No any comments, everything is wonderful!

• Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

a lot of ants in room, i have complain about it to reception, HK didn't solve it also, The told me to use salt in floor, my son 7 years old was so scary that some ants can enter his ears, disappointed me.

Professional reception staff, grate heated swimming pool.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

4th time at club marthas and hotel never lets me down staff are very friendly and provide great service with a smile. rooms have everything yo need and are comfortable and clean. great hotel and great bar with food.

Rooms

Rooms were not clean, not up to expectations of a 4 star place. More of a 3 star. Outside grounds lovely, just rooms really let the place down. Need upgrading.

• Studio (2 Adults)

1. The studio apartments- suitable for one person only! 2. No shuttle to a good beach

We booked a studio apartment and found it not at all comfortable for two people - very tight space for any couple. We upgraded to the one bed roomed apartment which afforded great comfort and was everything we could require. Staff, facilities and entertainment was excellent. The apartments are tasteful, fresh, well maintained. The swimming pools, sun beds and terraces were excellent. The clients on holidays were courteous and while good fun- never loud or rough in their behavior.!!!

Staff attitude could have been a tad better as I enquiries about a half board upgrade before we arrived and was told €17 then on the day we arrived it was €21 as I didn't book in advance but didn't know I had to do this. Don't bother with dining upgrades as the nearby restaurants and bars are fantastic and the food at Club Marthas was nothing special and overpriced

Clean accommodation all rooms were well equipped and child friendly. The pools were cleaned daily and I liked the fact the sun beds were locked until 9am most mornings although people still woke up early to get them

• Studio (2 Adults)

I was disappointed with some of the room facilities. We are from Ireland and as I said above we do like our tea. In fact, the first thing we like to do after a tiring journey is to make a cup of tea. The tea smelled soapy and had a frothy head. I tried using bottled water with the same result. I then realized the kettle itself was the source of the smell and froth. It smelled like detergent. The only socket at the kitchen area was over the sink and the toaster did not have a lead long enough to reach it unless you balanced it on the edge of the sink. Did nobody ever tell them about electricity and water? This is basic stuff and it is very disappointing to find this at a 4 star hotel. We called reception for help and a man came along. I don't know if he was a manager or a receptionist. He told us that in all his sixteen years of experience he had never had a complaint about a kettle and that he saw nothing wrong in a kettle smelling of detergent and that all the hotel kettles were washed in detergent. He changed the kettle but his passive aggressive attitude made it clear that he considered us fussy for objecting to a bit of detergent with our tea. He implied that since he had provided us with an 'upgrade' for free we should be grateful. To be honest if this was the upgrade I'd hate to see the other room... He brought up an extension lead for the toaster but clearly had never learned during his sixteen years of experience that draping an electric lead across an electric hob and then over a sink is a hazard. I offered a solution and suggested that the lead be tacked up away from danger but he didn't bother. There was also a slight ant problem and the cleaner brought a spray which got rid of them. None of these problems are huge but they could have been dealt with a bit more pleasantly.

The room was nice and big with a large balcony overlooking the pool. I love to swim and the swimming pools were lovely. The gym was also nice and airy with decent equipment. We didn't bother with the entertainment much but it seemed fine as these things go. We visited the dining room once for breakfast and it was pretty standard, but with some little things that they could improve easily. For example, most of the guests seemed to be English or Irish. Now we like our tea! Going back and forth to make individual little cups of tea is irritating - why don't they supply some teapots? That way guests can top up at their table. It's not brain surgery. I could see that the cleaning staff worked very hard and were much more cheerful and helpful than some of the other staff. I hope they get a rise.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

I tried to book the airport shuttle through booking.com.There were a couple of things you need to note: (1) If you clink on the link provided to arrange the transfer, a website is displayed which only shows luxury car hire. (2) After ringing booking.com in the UK to arrange the transport(btw, the person I spoke to was helpful and appeared to me to do the best he could) I noted in the confirmation email that the transport was booked for two, not one. I contacted booking.com again who said they would have it corrected, but it never happened.The hotel staff credited my invoice though so nothing lost. Only had one issue with the room.The electrical plugs in the kitchen area were above the sink which, when the reception staff came to look, agreed that it was impossible to e.g. boil the kettle or use the toaster unless you put them in the sink! Reception said they would get technical support to advise but they never turned up. Kettle and toaster were therefore in the bedroom.

Club Martha's is much larger than the impression I got from the webpage. This is not a criticism, the set up is well organised.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

only down point was the one long ramp after the pizzeria towards the bar and restaurant area which i couldn't do solo in my manual wheelchair due to the steep incline but coming down it each day was excellent fun!

Very comfortable bed, room shutters a bonus!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Housekeeping hit and miss only cleaned once in 7 days and beds made only once in 7 days Lack of sun beds Staff in the resort a little unfriendly and unhelpful at times. No compromise to switch half board to lunch instead of dinner had to switch whole time if wanted this is all dinner or all lunch. Children's meals were inadequate lack of choice

Entertainment staff were excellent Food in the buffet restaurant was very good Half board for adults

• Studio (2 Adults)

The room was really big and big balcony

• Apartment (2 Adults)

I contacted the hotel twice regarding airport shuttle and they were unable to organise this for me.

Staff in general were very friendly and helpful.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The apartment was a bit cold.

We had a wonderful time, we were pleased and happy.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Wheelchair access in places is a bit hairy - ramps not always ideally angled for manual wheelchair users

Bed was very comfortable

• Studio (2 Adults)

Staff was helpful, very relaxing holiday

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Apartment (4 Adults)

love Club Martha's we have been a few times before something fir all ages Staff are lovely and nothing is to much trouble

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Blue Sea Club Martha's traveller photo gallery