Reviews of Convent de la Missio 5 stars

Missio, 7 A, 07003 Palma de Mallorca, Spain

#4 of 73 hotels in Palma de Mallorca

9.8

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The several levels of floor in the room were a bit unsafe. The artistic separation spaces between floor and walls gave bugs places to hide. It would nice to have some more hooks for towels and robes. TV should offer at least one English language news channel.

Modernistic design, furnishing, art, and decorations were very well done. Very pleasant lounge areas. The private time in the spa was a joyous surprise. Room itself was spacious and functional. High quality TV. Delightful private balcony was a big plus.. Breakfasts were super arrays of meat, cheese, fruit, and cereal, plus eggs to order. Room was very private and quiet.

• Suite Privilège

The room which was the privilege suite was not well maintained , green algae which was on Balcony wall , dirty sinks , the bathroom bath was poorly cleaned . The major problem we incountered was thin sheets on bed very cold room at night .. very poor we complained to the hotel manager , they told us because the majority of guests prefer the rooms cold , we explained it was 8-10 degrees outside and surly the rooms should be warm for when bad weather hits ..

The Spa was excellent felt as if you were in another Hotel .

A few plumbing issues in our bathroom. My children found the open plan bathroom a bit awkward! Would have loved granola to go with the fruit and yogurt at breakfast.

Very comfy beds, lovely breakfast especially the strawberries and the coffee. Staff all so friendly and helpful. Lovely quiet location but near everything. I loved the outdoor space to unwind after a busy day sightseeing. Pool was freezing though!

• Double or Twin Room

We suggested having a full length mirror in the room and a hook in the bathroom for the fluffy robe. These are small things but would be helpful. The staff made a note when these were suggested to add to what was already perfect!

The beds were the most comfortable I've ever met in a hotel. The staff were delightful and could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Wonderful shower and great toiletries. The breakfast was superb. The location is excellent, just a short walk to all the attractions but in a quiet street. The whole hotel is quality from start to finish. Highly recommended.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel has been beautifully converted from an old covent. The whole experience was excellent from the very helpful and friendly staff, beautifully designed and clean bedroom and extensive breakfast. It is ideally situated in the centre of the old town of Palma and within walking distance of some good restaurants and tapas bars - staff gave some great recommendations. Will certainly be returning!

Our first bedroom had bath in living room and multilevel floor. Changed for room with very good and separate bathroom facilities and a level floor!

Extremely helpful staff

all good

spacious calm hotel very comfortable rooms very friendly and helpful staff, loved the spa facilities and tried to catch the evening light on the terrace most days. enjoyed the breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

The pool is not really a pool. While lovely, especially as it is reservable for you for an hour at a time, you can’t actually swim in it, just sit and relax in the atmosphere they create for guests. Also the jets were not working when my husband and I were there, so we literally just sat in water a few minutes before it seemed silly to be in there. Should have a more accurate description as to not disappoint guests looking for a true pool. At breakfast a menu with the warm options would be helpful. We ordered eggs as that was what was offered, but overheard someone ordering oatmeal. Would be helpful to know all options.

Location was fantastic for waking around and finding places to eat.

The basement pool and spa area is lovely, very romantic and relaxing as you can book it for private use. However the pool is small and shallow - for relaxing in, rather than a swim, which I hadn't realised when we booked.

The hotel is in a beautiful sensitively converted old convent, our room was spacious, quiet and well furnished, with comfortable beds, excellent shower and free standing bath. Breakfasts were fantastic, and the service and advice we received from Joan on the front desk was brilliant. His local restaurant recommendations were a highlight of our stay.

• Double or Twin Room

Just wished they had coffee making facilities in the room.

On a quiet back street but well positioned for bars/restaurants & shopping. Very attentive staff. Bedrooms lovely, quiet and very comfortable. Added bonus of pool & sun terrace on the roof. Great cocktails !!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Beds were very hard! I usually like a hard bed but after running a marathon I needed a little softness! Maybe a mattress topper between mattress and sheet?

Lovely cool bedrooms, nice big, spacious beds. I hate duvets so was thrilled that the bed covers were so light! Two washbasins so didn't have to share washbasin with my partner!

• Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning in my room, room 9 was incredibly noisy and woke me up. I could hear it through my ear plugs, it wouldn't turn off without the temperature being turned up.!

Excellent service. Very helpful staff. Felt like a privileged guest

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms are all individually shaped and styled. Our party had 4 double superior rooms, and although all the toilets had doors, not all the bath/shower/sink areas did. One room was duplex, and the lower part of the stairs had no protection in case of slips trips or sleepwalking. The two members of our party in that room didn't feel completely safe. We pointed this out to the hotel staff so hopefully it might soon be sorted.

Very professional welcome. Extremely helpful reception staff who went out of their way to help us access things we needed. The hotel itself is stylish and comfortable - we slept very well.

A little difficult to find, Taxi's had a tough time maneuvering narrow street and making the corner tutn

Quiet tucked away location very convenient to sight seeing, shopping and restaurants

• Double or Twin Room

They should check the drains more often in the bathroom. However, it is a common problem in most the Mediterranean countries, many times due to old sewage systems and to little capacity. I must admit I forgot to tell about it!

Very polite staff and excellence transport service too and from the hotel. Very nice breakfast with a good choice of cooked breakfast. Very quite location. Nice rooftop area.

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Really helpful and friendly staff. The wellness centre was a real treat and the roof terrace offered a really nice space for a dip in the pool and some sunbathing.

• Suite Privilège

There was no menu for normal food for room service. Only the restaurant attached to the hote which is a Michelin star but we had no reservation so we couldn't eat there. No other room service available. We had to order lunch from the only restaurant but there is no table to eat at the room nor do they have tables from room service.

The hotel looks nice. However I would not rate it 5 stars

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Most of the restaurant staff were pretty unwelcoming. Our first morning at breakfast we had to seat ourselves after being ignored and then had to ask for cutlery (table not set properly) and drinks. We only found out on the last morning (by pure chance) that they actually serve hot breakfast (omelettes etc). At no point during our time here was this explained to us. We felt as though we were inconveniencing the staff by asking for things. We also approached the bar in the evening for cocktails, only to be told that he was closing up and he would serve us providing that we didn't order anything complicated, such as cocktails! For €350 per night, this whole experience was very underwhelming and I feel like I've been ripped off. I wish I'd have stayed at the Posada Terra Santa, or the Nakar hotel... they know how to look after their guests! Plus their hotels have a bit more of an atmosphere to them. The Convent de la Missio felt exactly that; like a convent!! A very sterile environment that needs a bit of life flowing into it. We certainly won't be back.

It's a stylish hotel and the reception staff and the lady with short brown hair in the restaurant were friendly. The room was clean and warm. The sauna and indoor pool (while small and shallow) gave us a bit of a retreat while it was raining outside.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed could have been a bit more comfortable.

The staff and the service provided was top notch! The location was superb and very convenient to the train and bus station.

• Double or Twin Room

Coffee/tea facilities not available in our room

Lovely staff all very helpful ,good location and lovely clean big rooms . Gluten free available on request and my daughter was very impressed with the taste of the gluten free rolls!

Absolutely nothing perfect all round.

The hotel facilities were fabulously nothing too much trouble, staff were extremely helpful and full of great ideas for days out and evening meals, also happy to arrange transport and book tables. Cannot wait to go back!

• Double or Twin Room

No relaxing spaces in the evening (apart from roof pool) Bar is ok but very expensive, which does not encourage guests to spend time there. Our room, although upgraded was very dark.

The central location. peacefulness of hotel breakfast selection

Sunbeds a little inadequate. Although a city centre hotel with a perfect location, there were only a limited number of sun beds which made relaxing after a days exploring a little difficult at times.

The service was excellent, staff very attentive.

• Double or Twin Room

This hotel is an absolute gem in the center of the historic section of Palma. We could not have been more pleased with our stay. The staff is incredibly helpful and it is very beautiful. I loved it and would happily return.

• Suite Privilège

Internet was very bad in lobby areas where I was working

The staff was extraordinary! The place very casual but elegant with character, yet, modern facilities! Beautiful property!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Nothing to dislike.

Fabulous building beautifully renovated . Super friendly and helpful staff. Very comfortable bed ! Delightful rooftop garden and pool - peaceful and away from the madding crowd.

• Double or Twin Room

Only 2 things : The swimming pool in the spa was dirty The room cleaning service was no enough

The staff were so Nice with us, they recommand really good spots to eat and things to do (thanks Joan) The room The hôtel The décoration The location un Palma

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

There was no realistic residents'dinner menu. The Michelin restaurant,even if you could get a reservation would be an experiencexcellent rather than just dinner. The room service menu was almost as fancy and also very expensive. I know there are plenty of restaurants in Palma but

Enough aspects of the old convent architecture were kept to complement the stylish contemporary interior design. The overall effect was calm,airy relaxing.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was a delight. I received an extremely warm welcome from the concierge Sabine and her team and every day she assisted me with information and help to find my way around the city. My room was lovely with a very comfortable bed and spacious shower in the bathroom. Breakfast was excellent with a very high standard of service. The room was remarkably quiet for a city centre location. I only wish I could have stayed long enough to enjoy the Marc Fosh restaurant which gets fantastic reviews. I will have to return!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Finding the main entrance was tricky, but worth the effort!

Beautiful hotel with very stylish decor. The staff were particularly attentive to our needs. Sadly we weren't there long enough to take full advantage of all it had to offer!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

We booked this hotel as the Resturant was open till 11 pm we arrived after our flight from U.K. at 10.15 and told we could not eat there. We went out to eat came back 2.30 hours later to find people still eating! They could of accommodated us. Make sure you book the Resturant !

Most of the staff are very friendly

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No 'small meals' snacks available in bar / lounge. Bathroom very 'open'. An eclectic mixture of old & new which was somewhat puzzling.

Excellent breakfast. Central location. Helpfull staff. Overall a very good hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Suite

Honestly this hotel was one of my best hotel experience I have ever had. I have stayed in some of the best hotel names around the world and none of the service compared to the service I received here. The staff were so friendly that I missed them all when I departed. I brought my wife there for valentines day, I made the perfect choice. she loved every min of it, they treated us with so much respect, the room we booked came with a jacuzzi but it did not work so they compensated us by allowing us to use another room with a Jacuzzi, they also compensated us by not charging us for any extra charges we had during check out. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in Palma. The hotel is at a great location to get around town, staff are always welling to help you around the town. They recommended some great places for me and wife to eat and drink. The spa, rooms, food, service were all 10 out of 10. We came into our room in the night to find a complementary champagne in our room, they also put a rose on our bed on valentines day. The staff helped me create such a beautiful experience for my wife. Please stay at this hotel, you will not regret it.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were extremely accommodating and made my wife and I feel quite special. It was quiet inside and quite peaceful. Its interesting as the hotel is downtown. A short walk from the hotel and your at Plaza Major. The conversion of the convent to a hotel aligned with the ascetics of the convent, its quite beautiful in an understated way. Everything about the facility was quite nice. I will absolutely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The jacuzzi wasn't very warm and some of the jets were not working.

The staff in particular Joan went above and beyond to ensure our stay was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Great hotel, with the most wonderfully warm and welcoming staff. We were met by Fernando, who had the warmest smile and sincere kindness and helpfulness to ensure we had a great stay at Convent de Lan Missio. And we certainly did. Our room was comfortable, with an added bonus of a balcony/terrace. This afforded us with a view of the nearby St Michael church, along with the original sloped convent roof, creating an atmosphere of calmness and serenity. The hotels spa is a must. And it is booked for private use at no extra cost, sauna, jacuzzi, and water beds to simply chill out on while gentle music plays, the staff had lit candles around the spa, heaven!!! On top of the hotel us a small but idyllic pool area, again do visit this space, be a shame to miss out.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

With the price of the rooms, to be charged 20€/ night for the parking seems a bit too much, especially in Dec where the parking was empty

Amazing style of that hotel.. perfect combination between old and amazing design. Super confy beds, amazing shower, nice and helpful staff, just top!!!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Poor selection at breakfast compared to other Palma hotels. Some items had run out and we had to request and wait for refills. Little reluctance of one staff member to bring eggs although within the time breakfast is served. Looking at his watch and saying what? Now? When eggs requested was not a good sign.

Excellent room although some minor faults

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing! It was all good.

Great location, beautiful, calm and quiet hotel, stunning room, loved the staff and breakfast was yum! Peaceful and pretty roof terrace with small pool - perfect for a good relax.

Not enough hot water see above

Great staff, very helpful and friendly. They made us very welcome. The rooms were excellent although we did have an issue with the quantity of hot water in the evening for our shower. This was a technical fault which they will have fixed by now. We had the taster menu in the Marc Fosh restaurant which I would highly recommend. A superb weekend break in great location in the centre of the old town.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Understand why, but bigger pool. Bar pricey, and very quiet. Connected?

Loved location. Close to atmospheric old town. Staff unobtrusive but helpful. Dined in restaurant st night, classy.

• Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool is a bit small but considering the location nothing surprising

Really nice staff and super service. Rooftop is really nice hotel is super central

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The gym was dark and small. Would be good if it was a little bit bigger (and more equipments) and with some windows.

Everything. This is one of the best hotel I ever stayed at. The staff is very professional and take really good care of you. I would never hesitate to stay at Convent de la Missio during our next trip to Palma. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Ennoying if guests block the sun beds for hours without using them. But this is not the hotel's fault.

The staff is particulary attentive and friendly. Location - in the middle of the 'old' Palma is superb, and the pool on top of the roof is outstanding. The facilities are all very generous, the design very tasteful, the restaurant is excellent - what else would you want?

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Distinctive and attractive design means this is far from an identikit hotel: conversion work to an historic building has been carried out sensitively. It is centrally located but is quiet and calm. We ate breakfast and lunch and both were excellent. Staff are friendly and very helpful. It suited us perfectly.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

I would highly recommend this hotel, great location, great breakfast and very helpful staff especially Joan who gave us brilliant dinner recommendations almost every evening

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Relatively difficult to reach by car and small garage.

Rooms are excellent, only surpassed by the friendliness of the staff. Rooftop terrace is quite charming.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Can't think of anything bad.

Best welcome we ever received on arrival. Fantastic, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Great rooms. The restaurant was top class. Very unique hotel in an excellent location.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Rooms in the new 'church' extension were superb - lovely beds, excellent showers and baths.Great location for easy access to everything in Palma old town. Rooftop plunge pool and terrace combined to provide a calming spot to relax at the end of the day exploring.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Suite

I really can't fault this hotel. It is one of the best I have been to in a long time. Very warm welcome from the staff, good advice on where to go (typical local places that are not touristic traps). Very clean. Very (very) quiet.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee making facility in the room would have been an extra special touch and much appreciated.

Breakfast well worth paying for or including in your deal. Rooms and location were excellent. Choices of drinks particularly were impressive.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The welcome was exceptional.

Beauty

No door on the bathroom

Staff service and friendliness. The room was lovely spacious. We asked for terrace and got one wonderful. Breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

Staff were incredibly helpful and hotel located in a great spot on a quiet street but close to everything

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Fantastic bedroom with very comfortable bed.

Shower could be better

Staff really helpful , excellent boutique hotel , quiet and relaxing

• Double or Twin Room

some kind of machine noise disturbed our sleep.

Right in center of Palma, and close to anything interesting. 1 minute to market place.

Spa could be bigger

Marc Fosh Restaurant

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel delivered on many levels from the staff, the bedrooms and the food all were excellent.

the Jacuzzi.. in the room, impossible top get function on your own

Staff where really THE best!.. really the best treatment as customert

• Double or Twin Room

car parking space was so small, it was almost impossible to use it

extremely friendly staff amazing location in the centre of Palma beautiful room

• Double or Twin Room

The spa which was going to part of our stay Was not open we were not informed of this until after we’d checked in and paid

Comfortable room

I liked everything

Bed, balcony, food. Room

We had a few problems in our rooms when we arrived, but the staff took care of it immediately.

Spacious rooms, great location and helpful staff.

Hard to drive to! And find

Atmosphere adult only service and staff all great also it's in a great position

• Double or Twin Room

The FOSH restaurant attached to the convent wasn't worth the money

Very comfortable and within walking distance to most things

• Double or Twin Room

Incredible breakfast with great service, very friendly and helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room

Spa area was not working and untidy when we had booked private hour.

Rooms ,service and the food!!

• Double or Twin Room

Great location, wonderful transformation of historic building. Yummy breakfast, lovely swimming pool. Highly recommended!

The room standard, the lack of organisation

The central location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

loved this place and would go again in a heart beat

• Double or Twin Room

Bathrooms have no privacy at all. Room had no view only a outlook to a metal staircase.value for 290 a night?

Staff very friendly and helpful

Very relaxing environment, very friendly and helpful staff, room was beautiful

Browse Convent de la Missio traveller photo gallery