Reviews of Hotel Cordial Mogán Playa 4 stars

Avenida los Marrero, 2, 35138 Puerto de Mogán, Spain

#2 of 25 hotels in Puerto de Mogán

Perfect relaxing holiday
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The entertainment in the evening was a bit disappointing, the music just wasn't really in line with the tropical vibes of the resort. However entertainment by the pool (games and workshops) was good!

The food was outstanding! Never really had high expectations of food at all inclusive resorts, but we booked half board anyways and we were not dissapointed! All staff were so kind and helpful and the 2 pools were just amazing. Peaceful resort and just perfect for a relaxing holiday.

Exceeded my expectations
    • Single Room (1 Adult)

1-The tvs were small, and old. 2-There were no irons in the room, but you can request one. 3-The snack bar doesn't deliver to the rooms (they have a good menu) 4-I hated the fact that the guests "reserved" the bathing beds for long period of times. It was impossible for me to find a bed as all of them had towels and most were not being used, and I didn't know if the guests who reserved them are in the pool or just back in their rooms for a break. Very irritating. People woke up early before breakfast, put a pair of sunglasses on the bed and left for food. No one is swimming but all the beds are reserved. I understand this is the problem of the guests, lack of manners, but the hotel should be more vocal, or organize the beds better. I don't mind paying a fee if I exceed a specific amount of time, so the area is not abused. 5-There was no mini bar While there was a lot of little things here and there that bothered me like the above, non of them really affected my trip negatively. They were minor. They were overshadowed by the long list of good experiences that I had in the hotel.

This hotel exceeded all my expectations. Let's start with the location. The hotel is located in a great, relatively quiet, area. Within a walking distance of one minute you get to a shopping plaza, restaurants and bars. The beach is 5 to 7 minutes walk. I managed to eat good sushi at an Asian restaurant, have good Italian pizza and enjoy some Spanish food. Also I was happy to see a free concert close to the hotel, which was very nice and family friendly. There was no loud or crazy drunk people shouting at each other. The area surrounding the hotel is very peaceful at night. This place is great for couple, or individual travelers who seek peace. Modest, but classy. The hotel included two swimming pool. One is specifically big, clean and beautiful with plenty of bathing beds. Very important to stay that the pool gets sun most of the day, unlike other some hotels where it disappears after noon due to buildings or mountains hiding it. The rooms are spacious, clean, they have a nice small private garden/terrace. I stayed in the one facing the pool and it was spectacular. The rooms are also air conditioned which is much needed. I loved that the TVs in the rooms had the right channels to watch the world cup. There was also two public places at least in the hotel to watch the games. I had the "breakfast included" deal, and the breakfast was brilliant. Big thanks to the chefs and the staff for their kind effort. The food was diversified, and there was plenty of all kinds of food and drinks. The staff in the hotel are very kind, helpful and generous with their time. I also went to the spa, I had a deep tissue massage which was better than my physiotherapist. Very professional and staffed by qualified experts. I was also happy to pay a small fee for a late checkout. This option is only available if the room is not expecting other guests. I also loved the fact that there was safe, underground free parking for guests.

A wonderful few days which we plan to repeat.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Some building work nearby at the moment, but didn't really spoil our trip.

From the moment we walked into the reception area, this hotel struck us as somewhere special, and we were not disappointed. The decor throughout is lovely, the gardens are stunning, the staff are friendly, the pool is warm, the breakfast is excellent. We stayed in a junior suite, which was spacious, attractive, comfortable, and had a large balcony overlooking the tropical gardens. The bathroom scales were a bit of a surprise!

Exhausting.
    • Single Room (1 Adult)

The hotel's amenities were very good, bit for me, a 77 year old, ifound the hotel and grounds too big, which involved a lot of walking. I also found the dining room overwhelming, the food was plentiful and varied, but again, for me too much walking. Definitely for younger or more able bodied people.

The staff were excellent and attentive.

Wonderful family vacation location
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The pool was excellent for kids, the beach was so close by, the entire hotel area was beautiful with all those plants and palm trees, and the buildings were pretty with the interior court yards with little bridges and water fountains. Quiet and relaxing. Breakfast and dinner buffets were very good and of high quality and big selection. Staff was super friendly and helpful. We lived in a Junior Suite with 2 rooms and a little terrace/garden which was fantastic.

Excellent.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Possibly the direction signs to the rooms could be a little clearer.

There is nothing not to like about this hotel and wonderful staff. This is our third visit and we will be back next year.

Excellent climate low humidity' good food and wonderful hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Journey from airport is two hours approx. That was down to my choice of transfer. It could be done in an hour I guess.

The dining area was below ground level and was surrounded outside by tall plants and water features which kept dining area cool that together with excellent waiter service and a high standard of food made this holiday memorable.

Our second stay at this amazing hotel, and we cannot wait to return
    • Single Room (1 Adult)

Just a minor suggestion - make the safety deposit boxes in the room available free of charge. Everything else was perfect

Excellent facilities and top service,delicious food, the rooms and grounds are immaculate, very welcoming staff, amazing pool, great location only a few minutes walk to Puerto Mogan (if you manage to leave the hotel grounds:)

Relaxing tropical paradise.
    • Single Room (1 Adult)

The evening entertainment was o.k. but not really my thing. Very quiet after about 12.00am. Would have been nice to have had a livelier option but I suppose they do not want to risk disturbing those that like to retire early.

The complex is stunning, with meandering paths set in beautiful tropical landscaping with a large variety of interesting plants and trees. The swimming pool areas were great with plenty of comfortable sunbeds and parasols, with a choice of a peaceful pool at one end of the complex or a livelier pool with organized activities. Very pleased with my room, nice balcony overlooking the pool. The buffet dinner and breakfast were exceptional, very high-quality food and lots of choice.

Excellent holidays. First time in a resort and we will repeat!
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The gardens and the pool were very nice. We had a great time there. Our son really enjoyed this hotel. I highly recommend this place to families.

Wonderful hotel , fantastic staff , beautiful gardens ,

As it is Easter week , just maybe too many children , and a little noisey , but after all they are on school holidays .

The welcome at reception is fantastic , all of the staff at the hotel are very friendly , courteous and helpful. At the reception , the staff are extremely nice , helpful and Cordial , especially the manager and a very wonderfully nice lady whose name is Nerea Langara

As above
    • Single Room (1 Adult)

Small items re cleanliness of bedrooms, 3 moths. The fact I paid £1000 for a room for 7 nights occupied by one person, as I travel alone, surely a min 15% disc would have been reasonable. Most important I am the asked for £20 for use of a safe, ridiculous, at worst include use of safe and increase price by £20. Surely use of safe should be “free”. Very poor marketing.

Position of Property, meal times, entertainment but not sure if this continued in summer months.

Very relaxing, beautiful gardens, comfortable bed and room.
    • Single Room (1 Adult)

The pools are not heated. I went to the spa hoping for warm water, but these pools are cool too. Some of the 100s of food dishes on offer are excellent, though not all.

Very relaxing, beautiful gardens, comfortable bed and room. Masses of choice at the buffets. The animation shows are not my cup of tea, but the staff put an enormous effort into their performance, and interaction with the children who were there. A majority of the clientele are senior citizens, around 75%. All the staff are attentive and friendly. My room had an excellent outlook and a balcony with afternoon sun (in block 2). I would not have been happy in some of the rooms.

From the outside I was worried it wasn’t going to be our...

Some of the decor was not my personal taste

From the outside I was worried it wasn’t going to be our thing but once settled into our room I was very happy. Though a huge resort the layout and planning of the hotel is done very well. Rooms feel private and were set around beautiful riad style courtyard gardens, there were ponds with fish. Pools were also zoned out to feel intimated and not too overcrowded through lush landscaping. Only a short stroll from cute little sandy beach, port and restaurants. Great stay for a families and would definitely come again!

Great Hotel - recommended
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Bed was a little hard for my wife - fine for me

Great food and relaxing time by the pool. Very close to a large supermarket for pre dinner drinks. An easy 5 minute walk to the pretty harbour. We hired a car and took a trip to the Roque Nublo which is not far as the crow flies but takes over an hour on some fairly interesting mountain roads. Great views when you get there!

We enjoyed our stay and would return
    • Honeymoon (2 adults)

We had to complain after being told very little by reception when we arrived that made it uncomfortable but after the manager spoke with me he very quickly sorted out our needs. We were told by reception that we could use the blue building for breakfast which was incorrect but the manager sorted this out very quickly

Room very good with Jacuzzi.

Beautiful property, and lovely botanical gardens.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Buffet food was good but often quite oily and salty and lots of fried foods. As far as buffets go though it was pretty good. Lovely and helpful tourist information man, although he sent us on a hike which was supposed to be 3 hours and ended up being 7 hours and we were woefully unprepared - he should have warned us of the difficult climb and signposting!

Beautiful property, and lovely botanical gardens. Could easily spend hours wandering all the nooks and crannies of the property. Nice heated pools. Friendly staff. Well maintained. Lovely surroundings. Nice walk to Lomo De Los Gatos from the hotel for free.

Good place to go for winter sun, with attentive staff and good food.

One of the rooms was dirty due to a leaky roof. It was quickly cleaned up but came back. This member of our party should have been offered another room as the problem reappeared after another spell of rain. Surrounding area was a bit tired and run down.

Staff were very helpful and friendly and looked after us well on a special celebration. Attractive poolside and well maintained gardens. Choice of food was excellent.

Great location, good staff very pleasant accommodation
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The food has to be created for a huge number of people, some of which is not great and everything was warm rather than hot. The restaurants in the port make up for it but for value for money I think B&B only maybe a better choice

The beds were very comfortable and the staff were excellent. It was a shame not to have tea/coffee making facilities in your room everyday. The hotel is so big when we had bad weather one day you really felt how crowded it was

• Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Tea and Coffee making facilities in bedroom need to be improved

Beautiful Grounds all kept immaculate Great choice of well cooked food Efficient and friendly staff

We had a wonderful break but due to the quality of the food (lack of!) I would probably not revisit.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Lunch and dinner were not up to the standard I would expect for the price and for the type of hotel this is. Fish was always tough and over cooked and the offering each lunch time and dinner time was pretty similar except on one evening when we were treated to freshly made sushi, which was delicious.

We used the spa area a lot and really liked both the treatments and the pool and other facilities. The hotel grounds are beautifully tended and very pretty. Breakfast was the best meal of the day.

A complex of great accommodation, pools and gardens located on the door step of the town.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Would have preferred a double bed. The pool table took 3 days to get fixed once an out of order sign was put on it. Some joints of meat were disappointing such as the suckling pig, I was given half a lower jaw bone on my plate which put me off my meal. Do not disturb signs/please clean tag needed for bedroom doors. More labels for the food for sauces etc. We felt that there could be improvements to the evening entertainment.

The complex is well maintained and the gardens and trees make the holiday experience great. The pools were lovely and clean and we found areas of the complex this time that we did not find two years ago. I tried fish dishes that I have never had because they looked fantastic and they were fantastic.

We will be returning next year for my birthday
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Two points 1. It sometimes took a long time to get a drink in the lobby bar early evening with only one person behind the bar making drinks. The new system of someone walking around with a machine to take orders works but again they need to be more attentive as to who is waiting and more staff are needed making drinks 2. There were a couple of areas around the poor that smelt badly of cats mess. On one occasion my husband even stood in it. The stones around the poor are inviting to cats to do their business. Not sure what can be done about this but it is disturbing.

This is our third visit to the Hotel and was as good as the other two.

A most enjoyable stay - would return to this hotel
    • Honeymoon (2 adults)

Bottled water and coffee, tea etc, were free for the first day but had to be paid thereafter which seemed unnecessary. We went to the local supermarket and bought our own. I think the safety box was also extra, however wi-fi was free and worked well throughout the hotel, though not very speedy. We also would have appreciated some info about the hotel in the room - or perhaps on a private website. The temperature of the shower was very variable depending on other people's water usage.

The bed was large and very comfortable; the room was clean. One of the few hotels I have stayed in that actually asks daily if you would like fresh towels instead of just replacing them unnecessarily. When there was a problem with turning our jacuzzi off, a repairman was at the door within 5 minutes of making a call to reception. Plenty of choice in the buffet. The grounds are extensive and beautifully planted.

Great hotel. But only stay bed and breakfast or room only.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The buffet at both lunch and dinner were awful. Lots of bland tasteless food with some of the waitresses quite surly.

The staff in the reception and around the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The a la Carter restaurant was very good. The food excellent and great service.

Loved the foyer and the early evening piano and guitar playing. The pool and the pool bar. The staff
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The room and the after dinner entertainment

The public areas including the garden was exceptional, the food was amazing but the room was only average. We had a wonderful stay but it reached the upper end of the price bracket we are prepared to pay.

We enjoyed our stay and would go there again but probably first look for a place w family rooms

A minus for lack of family rooms (you have to book 2 separate rooms if you're more than 3 people). The buffet food was OK but not great and there wasn't much variation, so we got quite tired of it by the end of our stay. Not sure if it was possible, but I would have preferred to just have breakfast at the hotel restaurant and not dinner. They need to get better coffee!

Lots of plants, nice gardens. Convenient location. The whole place seemed well kept and efficient.

Wonderful surprise
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Despite best efforts of management usual farcical reserving of sun beds ( not sure whether there were enough beds we chose to go to the beach).

Wary of how such a huge (>500 rooms) hotel would feel but it exceeded our expectations. Due to setting in its own botanical gardens was like a pretty village that retained a level of intimacy. Despite being full restaurant worked well - food was fantastic! Five mins walk into pretty village. We will be back

Overall a lovely place to stay close to the port and lots of shops. Good pools and food.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The rooms are looking a bit tired and in need of a full face lift. The times of sittings for meals is strange as there is no need to book a table for breakfast but evening sittings are 5.30pm and 8pm with specified tables. The food is sometimes lukewarm but there is plenty of it so look out for the freshly arrived if you want it hot. The indoor pool is part of the spa where the treatments are overpriced.

The hotel grounds are beautiful and well kept. The pools are great. There is shade and umbrellas if needed, sun beds are plentiful and comfortable. Towels are provided free of charge. There is a good choice of food in the restaurant. The staff are all friendly and helpful.

Too short a break so a must to return !!!
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The room was unfortunately north facing so never got the sun on the balcony at all. Evening entertainment was generaly too short or sparse

The 5 star feeling to the whole resort and its cleanliness

Well worth a visit with lots of varied activities possible in beautiful surroundings
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

could do with better changing facilities

Excellent Aquaerobics in lovely warm pool every day Staff friendly and responsive Food wide choice and good quality Varied after dinner entertainment Lovely grounds with plenty of sunbed loungers Good location close to a sandy beach and attractive seaside village and harbour

See above
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Room( too dark and old fashioned decor). Bathroom ( no walk-in shower ). Food ( mediocre ). Dining room ( far too big and noisy and badly laid-out ).

Gardens and pools

Perfect hotel and realy relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The staff could hold upp the roul that it’s not aloud to reserve sunbed in garden, to many ppl how wakes up at 07.00 and trows down things to reserv sunbeds. The roul says 90min max.

All the staff were so glad and willing to do everything they could do to make our stay as good as posseble, we had the feeling that all the staff were the owner of the hotel. AAAA+++

Beautiful layout, good location, lovely food, friendly staff.

The air conditioning machines were very noisy. Couldn't sleep with nxt doors on. Our balcony had no sun. And every sunbed was covered in towels with no people on them. Too many high trees so sunbeds in the shade a lot.

The staff were very friendly. The hotel was beautiful. Heated pool was fantastic. The food was good. The place was very clean. And the rooms were perfect.

Overall experience was very good.
    • Single Room (1 Adult)

Booked a certain room six months before travel date but it was not available, I like to spend time in my room and sit on the balcony in the sun, unfortunately no sun till 2.0pm in the day. Also found the room to be cold in the evenings and not able to make it warmer.

Christmas and New Year festivities were very good.

A lovely hotel for a relaxing holiday.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The soup was not always hot enough otherwise the buffet was excellent.a

Lovely room , good pool areas, friendly,helpful staff, excellent buffet especially on Christmas Day. It is a big hotel but set in extensive , beautiful gardens. The Piano Bar was a. Good place to meet friends and have a coffee.

Perfect family resort
    • Single Room (1 Adult)

My room needed maintenance. Episodically smell of smoke coming from smokestack on property (boiler, this was also the case at another hotel I stayed at in the canaries).

A beautifully designed hotel, with spectacular gardens. The hotel gives an impression of being a large family, taking pride in their diverse workforce which they introduced to guests formally. Lovely program for kids, my son loved the mini club and nightly mini disco. Very close to the harbor, beach, and supermarket. Nice walking path in the mountain with archeological sights. Overall we had a lovely, relaxing time.

A fantastic first experience in Mogan!

Nothing to dislike

This was our first time at this hotel. The hotel is lovely...the hotel complex is designed very well. Even though the hotel complex is huge it felt very intimate and personal. The staff are very professional and were a delight to deal with. The beach is a mere five minute walk from the hotel. We had booked half board (breakfast and dinner) - the bufffets were decent and had plenty of choice. They were slightly different each night which was good. There are plenty of options for food around the beach and harbour as well. There are two swimming pools, bowling alley, games room and a spa within the complex...there’s also a shopping centre right outside the hotel. Overall a fantastic first experience and we will be returning next year.

Really enjoyed our stay & would recommend to friends.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Wi-fi kept dropping off now & again. Would like if there was an adults only pool.

Choice of food was excellent. Plenty of sun beds. Room was very spacious with nice balcony. Reception were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Staff in general were exceptionally pleasant.

Awesome

Nothing, loved it!

Everything! From the moment we arrived everything was amazing! The staff were friendly and helpful wherever you were in the hotel. All parts of the hotel were kept spotless and we loved the botanical areas everywhere. The range of food at breakfast was incredible, there was even cava available! The hotel is in an excellent location, can't recommend it highly enough!

A fantastic experience which we highly recommend.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The dinner buffet was a bit chaotic, but this was unavoidable given the number of people in the hotel. If we stayed again we would stay B&B and use the excellent a la carte restaurant a couple of evenings, and stroll down to the port other evenings where there are lots of restaurants.

The grounds of the hotel were absolutely fantastic - like staying in a botanical garden. Everything was very stylish and the staff were fantastic. The dinner buffet was very busy, but well run with a huge variety of dishes. We tried the a la carte restaurant one evening and it was absolutely fantastic - one of the best restaurants we have ever been in.

Best hotel gardens in Gran Canaria

We above

Lovely hotel with beautiful tropical grounds - quite different to run of the mill package holiday hotels we've been to before. Restaurants were fine, staff friendly, pools lovely. Stayed in a junior suite - rooms was fine but being on the ground floor we we disappointed to find that the terrace and garden you have with the suite never got the sun all day. Worth asking for a first floor room.

Lovely peaceful break in beautiful resort
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Twin beds pushed together! Made a huge mistake ...paid in euros as usual, but because of change in exchange rate, (from when I booked) ended up paying a fair bit more than if I had paid in sterling!

Beautiful surroundings within garden area. Peaceful.

Perfect hotel. We will definitely return
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

I could not find anything at this wonderful​ hotel that I did not like. They have you as the guest at the heart of their business.

Super clean, fantastic attention to detail. Very relaxing and there is something for everyone. Fantastic friendly staff.

Would go back if same room available.
    • Superior Twin Room (2 adults)

Buffet dinners not great.If taking half-board, elect lunch rather than dinner.

Room (8103 )ideally located within grounds and nearest to port ( about 5 mins. walk )

Perfect for a relaxing holiday.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Perfect for a relaxing holiday. Staff were all extremely friendly and professional. This was our first visit to this hotel and we will definitely be returning. The Hotel, the grounds and the location were fabulous.

Wonderful staff , beautiful gardens and surroundings , will definitely return
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The choice of food in the restaurant for dinner ranged from fantastic to mediocre , depending on the night

The staff are so welcoming , recetion is great , pool attendants fantastic , cleaners great, room cleaning staff excellent and meticulous.

A splendid, comfortable and beautiful hotel ... an oasis in the desert valley of Puerto Mogan.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

We had evening buffet meals included in our stay and we were disappointed that we were assigned to and had to eat our dinner meal at the same table for the whole stay. We had no choice in the matter as to the table's location and they were arranged in a way that made our evening meal seemed less private. I found the dessert selection (although extensive) somewhat uninspiring and repetitive. The house white wine selection was not good. We ate lunsj at other places where house white wine was significantly better. The pool areas were beautiful, if spending time sun-bathing is your cup of tea. We just found that the pool culture where people would reserve there place by placing a towel even before breakfast a little strange. But we've seen this before.

We were very happy with the breakfasts rooms complete with waterfalls and the buffet selection. It was possible to choose our seating table for breakfast - unlike how it was for the evening meal. It was possible to have an excellent omelette made quickly while waiting and the selection in the buffet was extensive and inspiring. The grounds, buildings, gardens, palms & cactus gardens, waterfalls, pool layout were beautifully designed and well kept. We found the gardens inspiring and amazing as well as the tropical plant life.

it is a wonderful hotel and I would recommend it 100%

better understanding of Gluten free food. the staff was trying to help and we did get special food like Pizza and bread but I'm sure that there were more options on the buffet, only the staff didn't really know when we asked. for example, the paella sign was saying that it has gluten but when we asked about it we were told that it doesn't...for a person with Celiac its crucial to be 100% sure. also, not sure if the pools were heated - we were told that they are but for us the water felt very cold.

Hotel is absolutely beautiful and very clean. the photos don't do it justice. rooms are big and the bath rooms are huge. the pool area is beautiful. the staff is very nice.

One of the best leisure breaks I have taken
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The lifts were too small and the bathroom had nothing to assist a disabled person

Excellent hotel (though not as friendly for disabled people as I was lead to believe. The avenue to the beach and harbour was excellent, the resaurants were very good. And everyone was friendly and helpful. The staff at reception were exceptional, ten out of ten

Brilliant.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

There's nothing I can think of.

What can I say? Came here 3 years ago and it's still a lovely hotel. The food is outstanding to say the least, everything about it was wonderful. The staff were extremely friendly - nothing is too much trouble. Everybody we met there had been before or would definitely return again.

Very nice surroundings and breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Birds around the hotel sunbathing area, dried and wet bird poo and staff not the friendliest or most helpful very rushed.

Very nice surroundings and breakfast.

terrible
    • Superior Twin Room (2 adults)

Room wasn't suited for disabled couldn't get into the bathroom with a wheelchair so could not wash properly. No room service and a cockroach in the room.

I've asked for a suite with a garden and when i arrive...
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I've asked for a suite with a garden and when i arrive there you put me in a suite with a terrace without any explanations! I didn't like that part 'cause when i book a room in your hotel i had other expectations! But no worries, you just lost another client! Best regards

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The underground car park is a long walk from Reception up the access road. Direct access into the grounds would have been a bonus.

This is a fantastic hotel set in tropical gardens. Puerto de Mogan itself is beautiful although quite small and the hotel itself is very large but spread over many buildings. We stayed in a Junior Suite on a half board package. The suite was excellent as was the food. We have travelled a lot in the last 50 years and this is one of the very best hotels we have stayed in.

little break
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

standard of food has gone down in my opinion but maybe just the time of year we were there food was not as good as previous stays there air con in rooms is outdated and noisy requires a face lift with the decor service at the bars is a bit slow in the evening 20mins for a drink is a bit long you would never get drunk in there

pools and staff are excellent free motion bike hire brill ambiances of the hotel is very relaxing mogan is flat so no stairs to climb from the beach which is 5min away and its great for kids

A fortnight in the sun.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

While breakfast was up to standard, (although poached eggs were not available !), the evening meal was less so. The soups were unexciting, the roasts under-cooked and of poor quality meat, the vegetables uneatable and the choice of fruit limited. I have stayed twice at Valle, their neighbouring sister hotel , and although far from perfect, their food represented better value for money.

The hotel prides itself on the flora well maintained in its extensive grounds - and rightly so. The main body of Playa is similarly spacious and the architecture impressive. The two pools are large with shallow areas for smaller children and despite bed booking I found no difficulty obtaining recliners and umbrellas. The hotel supplies pool towels and allows exchange every morning which is particularly welcome. Pool side cafes offer a sensible lunchtime menu and the associated bar is well staffed and efficiently run. The quality of the entertainment varies but in the main is very good, the major difficulty being the arrangement of support pillars obstructing the view - get there early ! I must congratulate the animation staff who do a highly professional job. Despite comments below, I thoroughly enjoyed my fortnight with boat trips to Aguinaguin and Puerto Rico but be advised, my extraneous drinks and snacks bill totaled close to 1,000 Euros which with the Pound at near parity came as a bit of a shock.

The hotel was beautiful with lovely gardens and plants.

Everything was good.

The hotel was beautiful with lovely gardens and plants. Staff were helpful and friendly. Pool areas were excellent and staff made it fun. Excellent food.

Little Venice
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The only downside was all the building work that's going on both sides ov the hotel ,wasn't anything to do with the hotel I must add , but it wasn't very relaxing around the pool areas .

It is a truly amazing place ,everyone was so attentive ,the views are beautiful especially sitting outside in the conservatory waterfalls everywhere spotlessly clean ,.always management on hand to help if you should have a quibble not that we did .

Lack of thought and ingenuity.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Thanks for the birthday pudding delivered to the room clearly for one person and with one fork. Perhaps the management think it's ok to stuff your face while the partner looks on. Yes I did bin it!

Why are all the beds single and pushed together and coma apart and you fall on the floor while having relations? Do they expect all guests to be just friends? It would be simple to lock the beds together at the legs with a device. I didn't like this by the way!!

Lovely Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

We were 2nd sitting and you were allocated a table for your food But no one told us what time 2nd sitting was We only saw it in a lift when we were leaving We took the wrong lift to our floor as there as quite a few

The hotel is beautiful, the food wasn't too good. There was to much off the same choice. Presentation could off been better, there was plenty to eat but a lot was just made up from lunch left overs

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

We should have booked longer
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Glad we were B&B as there was too much food at the one dinner we had at the hotel

Beautiful temperate gardens with flowering trees and shrubs providing a refreshing and interesting walk to the beach and port. The becordial slogan was displayed by the attitude of all the staff. Lots of nice restaurants in the puertp

Good with areas for improvement
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The 'buffet' style (mass catered) dinner was very disappointing and the ambience in the restaurant was not very appealing. We ended up eating out most evenings, despite having paid for half board. The hotel's separate a la carte restaurant was excellent however - just a shame it isn't included in the hotel's half / full board plan.

Great pool and leisure facilities which were clean and well kept. The landscaping was also pretty and thoughtfully done to provide smaller areas around the pool etc. Rooms adequate and as expected.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Nice stay but not coming back
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Although the hotel is very nice, feels a bit crammed/ like a tourist factory. No personal touches and the rooms feel like a city hotel. Having a set hour for dinner and having to pay extra for the room safe seem like common complaints in reviews so beyond me why these policies are still in place.

Nice area and hotel grounds. Great swimming pools; if you go after 1pm, can be the only one in the pool (we avoided the kids friendly pool and went while everyone is having lunch/siesta).

Enjoyable but expensive for what the hotel offers in ambience decor and location.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The rooms though need a makeover they are very tired and look like a cheap rental apartment ( we had a junior suite) the whole ambience was dark gloomy classic Spanish 1960-70's. No major hotel chain would leave the decor in such a state. You are lucky or unlucky when it comes to position we asked for a garden. What we got was the last suite in the block with a very small strip of lawn overlooking the bus station!! just 50 meters away So we were bombarded by the diesel noise of the constantly coming and going buses. Not quite what we would expect for a holiday. For the money I did not feel it was anywhere near worth the near £4000 we paid for two weeks.

The staff were superb the food great the gardens superb.

Amazing hotel
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The Lobby is impressive, the tropical garden is amazing, beautiful pools with warm water. Food is very good. We enjoyed a lot our short staying in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Lovely purpose built resort so don't expect an old town.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Evening meals, although offering plenty of choice, it wasn't especially tasty. Small wine list.

Fantastic buffet breakfast, attentive staff, wonderful pool and grounds, really lovely for a purpose built holiday resort. We stayed in the first building near to pool and reception which I think was very handy as it's a big resort. Great Mojitos!

Beautiful Puerto Mogan
    • Superior Twin Room (2 adults)

Nothing negative about this hotel Thoroughly enjoyed our holiday

Wonderful array of food in the restaurant Helpful staff Good entertainment in the evenings

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Superb hotel in ideal location.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Would probably not have half board if returning to this hotel as the buffet dining was not our idea of a relaxing evening meal. Nothing wrong with the food on offer but we don't really like self service.We changed to having lunch in the hotel most days and ate in restaurants on the harbour in the evening.

Excellent staff,location, facilities and breakfast in the poolside restaurant. The gardens are superb and although the hotel is very large it doesn't seem crowded. A very relaxing environment.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The gardens around the property were excellent, this...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The gardens around the property were excellent, this wasn't promoted as much as it could have been. There is also a steep uphill walk off the hotel which was great.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Great atmosphere, but a bit overpiced for what you get
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

For the money the actual quality of the room is not good enough, the bed was not comfortable and the bathroom is really outdated and looked visually a bit dirty. Also the quality of the breakfast was "okay", lots to choose from which is good but all not excellent quality. There are a lot of families with kids, the hotel seems great for those families but for couples without kids it might feel a bit chaotic, especially at breakfast.

Great atmosphere, within the compound of the hotel they really created a little paradise, everything looks beautifull. Very friendly staff, great service. Very good that they have two pools: one for the people in the relax mood and one for the children. The hotel has a lot to offer in terms of activities for families it seems (although we didn't try a lot). Overall we had a great time.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

A little bit of paradise
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Having to go home at the end of the week

The hotel was stunning as were the grounds. The staff were so attentive and friendly. The Spa was amazing, so well laid out and the treatments were fantastic. If you want a relaxing, stress free holiday you couldn't do better than this hotel.

Hard to fault
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Small point but breakfast tables not set with side plates and no spoons with coffee cups . It was quite funny to see so many people stirring coffee with knives and forks !

A beautiful hotel with excellent staff . All of hotel immaculate and well looked after.

Excellent hotel in a great location
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Didn't like the gravel areas around the pool. Very uncomfortable underfoot.

Ambience, the swimming pools, Spanish feel to the property and the location in respect to the resort.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Lovely stay
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The staff were great, friendly and really helpful. The choice of food buffet was amazing and the food was very tasty. The local medical services were very efficient when I fell and broke my hand.