Reviews of Coronado 1 stars

Nou de la Rambla, 134, Sants-Montjuïc, 08004 Barcelona, Spain

#484 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were very rude. They also have a policy where they demand that you leave your key in a bowl before leaving for your day/evening out. We forget to do this the first day and were told off by the receptionist where she said we had to leave the key for “security purposes” - I found this quite concerning. The next day she told us that it was for cleaning purposes. It alarmed me that she told two different stories - it made me feel uncomfortable in the hotel. I wouldn’ t feel comfortable leaving any of my personal belongings knowing the only copy of my key was with the hotel. Also, we had a problem in our room in so far as the bath drainage was blocked. This led to a particularly disgusting image greeting me on my final day!

The hotel was good value for money and in a good location - central but not too noisy or busy. Right near a metro stop. Generally, this hotel is great if like me you were on a city break and just looking for somewhere to sleep and shower!

• Double or Twin Room

Staff very rude Receptionist accused me of leaving the luggage room open I told her I had no luggage but She scorned at me and I felt very uncomfortable, at £79 for 1 night who needs to feel that??? Never again

Location was fine

Room wasn't ready at check-in time but was very clean when I was able to check-in. Glad they didn't compromise on the cleaning.

Good size room, appreciated the use of the luggage room.

All including staff, amenities and not comfortable at all i stayed most of the time out in the city to avoid sleeping at my room They take your key from you every time you leave (not secured) & the bathroom does not have water drainage Very poor hotel and i want my money back 😔

Only location

• Double or Twin Room

When we arrived the staff member was unfriendly shaking her head and saying she couldn't find our booking in a very offhanded manner, the o was missing from my name , she actively made us feel like there was no hope of finding us in the system, I thought it was poor service for tired tourists, she could clearly see from my phone we had a booking and did nothing to to reassure us that it would be ok, not even eye contact or a smile, or even if she said take a seat while I figure this out? We were standing there for at least 10 minutes! She seems to have a very high opinion of her importance in the hotel. The receptionist the next morning was lovely though! Smiling and friendly!

Vas assistance from the ladies at the front desk. My brother got caught in the bathroom and she was not even bothering to do something, because “it wasn’t her business”. Thanks god my brother got out, and on the next day we got our door fixed. The rest very good!

The bathroom door could barely be forced open. Tiny lift and poky stairs.

The ceiling fan and air conditioning. Clean and comfortable with good central location. Walls a bit thin.

• Double or Twin Room

i prefer to have a tea maker in the room as well. it is not too much to ask but it would really help to have a cup of tea even late night.

the staff were nice and the room was clean, the neighborhood was safe at night.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking is the worst thing! Free from 8pm until 8am but then you can only pay for 2 hours additional. But there are public car parks around the city. It’s mothi against the hotel though as parking is always difficult in a city centre!

The hotel is in a fantastic location! Lots of bars and restaurants nearby! The staff are very friendly and the rooms are cleaned daily to a high standard!

• Double or Twin Room

Hard for me to go up the stairs to the elevator with the luggage and being almost blind, without help. Also the bathtub very slippery. Be extra careful! No hand rails or anything to grab to get into the high bathtub. Not recommended for seniors. Very noisy neighbors from 1 to 3 AM getting late and making loud noises.

Coffee was excellent, the staff was very good!!! Room looking at the street very comfortable. Special thanks to Pablo, who shared a lot of tips on places to visit and how to get everywhere. Also Alejandra Jimena and her twin sister Paola were very nice. Very close to the Metro Station, Excellent location. We had to wait almost 3 hours to check in at 1 PM, but they let us keep our suitcases in their storage room.

• Double or Twin Room

Stayed in an expensive room that has no air conditioning and the staff name Alexandra Miranda is rude, she needs customer service training. She said there’s no way she can’t move me to another room. She gave me a fan but she let me carry it up to my room in the 5th floor. WiFi is not working as well as the phone. The room & the bathroom smell so bad. I won’t recommend this hotel.

Nothing that I like

Stinky, someone smoked on the floor. Walls are very thin couldn't sleep properly, woke up in the middle of the night as someone was taking the shower, thought the pipe in the room is leaking, it was very loud, also noise from outside. The fan in the bathroom didn't work,therefore bathroom was full of steam,wasn't sure is it safe to use the hair dryer as the wire from hair dryer went to the shaver socket. The shaver socket wasn't secured,there was a hole between the shaver socket and the wall (can see, that previously it was secured with glue gun). There is a high humidity in the bathroom and hole between wall and socket doesn't look safe.

The extra blankets were dirty. Dirty basket in which shampoos where kept. Plus had requested a late check out and was agreed by email, until check out day when we had to leave room at the normal check out time.

The location was great. Bit hard to find at first. Comfortable for what we paid.

I stayed with 2 other people and we liked that each had an individual bed. We arrived before checkin time and they kindly offer to held our lauggagge in a locked room. The hotel is very close the metro station and also to the beach area. There are several breakfast places and pubs around. A must do is to visit the sagrada familia cathedral. Hotel provide us with a taxi company but I think the driver overcharge us. I recommend you arrange your own taxi for airport pickup

• Double or Twin Room

The elevator was too small, no breakfast included in the price.

We liked it was a reasonable price compared to others., that's all. ok for a short stay.

• Double or Twin Room

I liked it to be near the subway. It is an affordable location for all the main objectives. Many shops, cafes and bars right next to the hotel. Serving is impeccable. It's quiet. The best quality-price choice.

very bad wifi connection, small elevator (two people can hardly fit in). our rooms smelt bad due lack of proper air conditioning system.

nice nieghborhood. full of restaurants and bars.

• Double or Twin Room

Unreliable WiFi; at best, slow. In other words, WiFi was near useless. Occasional sewer smell in room, despite being clean.

Helpful staff. Clean. Quiet.

• Double or Twin Room

Some of the rooms are very poor; small, no windows, rubbish air con etc. However on complaining they did move us straight into a better room.

It was a fair price, fairly clean and staff were friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Poor sound insulation. You can hear everything from the rooms next door. No availability of basic amenities , such as iron and iron board.

Convenient location

• Double or Twin Room

The room was quite small and not spacious. The walls were thin and i could hear ppl in neighboring rooms bathing. The room not clean at all with old bedsheets filled with hairs from previous tenants. The breakfast is absolutely NOTHING worth 6 euros. No minibar in the room. Heating doesnt work in the room. I had to pay quite a lot for this stay due to the MWC conference but would definitely avoid this i.ln future.

the location was good, next to metro and bus stations.

The room had an extremely small desk which should've been better. The two beds had different mattresses, one of which was worn down completely. The ceiling was showing cracks, as were the bathroom walls and the floor tiles. When showering, the bathroom would steam up completely due to a broken ventilator and the shower was leaking on the floor. The breakfast is really basic and the coffee very bad. There is a good coffee machine behind the bar, but that is not for guests I guess. Checkin and Checkout were chaotic with rules like "the full bill has to be paid one day before checkout" etc.

The hotel is conveniently located close to Metro station Parallel. However, the hotel is very basic and essentially run-down. It is in serious need of some maintenance.

• Double or Twin Room

It was very basic and small for a high price. It was really hot with no aircon. The window opened up to a hot cable, pipe and sewer kind of place. The place smelled funny overall and you have to tuen in your keys when you leave the hotel.

The bathroom was alright. There was enough light.

• Double or Twin Room

Ended up with 3 single beds when wanted a double No external window as it opened onto a small internal lightwell Floor in room needed a mop as made socks very dirty Not told at check-in that breakfast was an extra 6 euro/person

Location Bathroom clean Reasonable value for money as was cheap

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel was to loud, you could here all talks from other rooms, as well as flushing toilets or taking showers. It was terrible smell of marihuana on corridor every evening. Also there was a bad smell from pipes from bathroom. Every morning lady cleaner left her stuff just opposite our room, like in storage, she use them, so she made a lot of noise with her job during our sleep.

Hotel is located close to metro station, good start point when you want explore the city.

• Double or Twin Room

I loved this hotel! We got a 2 bed/1 bath apartment across the street from the lobby so it felt like we were locals during our stay. The location was great for us - just a few blocks from the Gothic Quarter. We don't mind walking so it was a great setup for us. Definitely felt like it was great value for the price!

• Double or Twin Room

There was no kettle in our room what would be nice addition.

We arrived at 1 am and there was no problem with check-in. Staff did clean our room everyday. Literally its very good value to money ratio. Room was exactly the same as pictured.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff doesn't speak English at all! Beds are disaster, ceramic tiles in bedroom, no carpets at all. We had to wait for almost an hour to get hot water for shower in hotel! There was no heating, we were freezing over the night. We booked hotel for 4 nights but after first one, we just have to cancel it because that was not vacation it was a nightmare!

Our room smelled like fresh paint and it was stuffy and difficult to sleep. Other than that everything satisfied our expectations.

The location of the hotel is amazing. Its a 7 minute walk from La Rambla and close to the metro line. Very easy to navigate.

• Double or Twin Room

for the price paid you cannot complain but the beds not so comfy the shower head not functioning properly but at least very hot water

the location was good the room for the price paid (late booking for a Sunday 25E) is very good it was quiet and the heater was perfectly working in the room the bathroom was clean

• Double or Twin Room

The cleaning staff always opening the windows so vi came back to a freezing room at night time and the heating did not work making the night freezing cold

I like it there was able to add a breakfest 6 euros but not sure what i would have got

• Double or Twin Room

Sometimes missed hot water. But inside the room had air conditioner and it was a warm place.

It was a nice place to stay for 3 nights. It has a very good location with the center, port vell and la ramblas street. It was near to placa espanya. It was very clean place and the staff was polite. It is exellent for the value of money

• Double or Twin Room

The beds were a bit hard and they were small for anyone who is taller than 180cm (at least in our room), but overall it was not too uncomfortable for a short stay. No coffee or tea making facility.

The reception staff was friendly and helpful. One evening it was really cold in the room, I went to ask about heating and they switched it on it immediately, even though they automatically do it at a later hour. Our room was specious enough and very clean. The location is super convenient for public transport and there are several shops and bakeries on the doorstep. Reasonable place for the budget.

• Double or Twin Room

So small room and bed for couples. Room was so cold, no heating was available in December. Bed sheets were not so clean. Blanket and pillows were so old and dirty. TV was a very small monitor and not usable. No good view even from top floor. Staff were not so friendly. It was a great disappointment for us to stay in this hotel.

Location was not bad with many restaurants around.

• Double or Twin Room

There were bed bugs in my room! Happily I discovered it quickly and only got bitten 16 times. Bed bugs are nasty little mothafokkas that bite you and lay eggs in your cloths. So had to disinfect all my stuff after coming home. Very bad!

After I told the staff about the bed bugs they reversed my payments and offered free stay in a clean room. They really tried to make it up to me.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Bed was very uncomfortable with no proper bed sheets, and there was a horrible noise coming from the washing room or ventilation every night, poor staff service.

The beds were so uncomfortable room 205 was so noisy as if the whole heating system ran through that one room

The hotel was conveniently located bit of a walk with kids though.

great

The room was basic, but for the price great value, hot water at all times and a lovely bath, the location was superb everthing within walking distance and metro only 5 mins walk away, staff friendly and someone there 24 hours a day, did not have breakfast but looked nice, early check in at 1 pm and 11am check out was nice

• Double or Twin Room

Very good location within walking distance to Barri Gòtic, room was big enough but heating was possible only by air conditioning, a radiator was not working. Enjoyable stay!

Very good for it's price. Clean - bathroom has everything you need. Little bit noisy from the street and bed is too hard for my taste, but value for the money pay. Great location.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very basic, no tea or coffee facilities. Breakfast was a very limited cold choice. However it didn't matter as there were many cafes nearby.

The staff were friendly and checking in straightforward.

Poor internet connection, the heater was not working well and the breakfast was too basic!

Very close to the metro! Lots of restaurants and even beauty parlour nearby! Clean room and bathroom! Very helpful staff!

• Double or Twin Room

The beds were far from comfortable leading to some bad shoulder pain towards the end of our week long stay.

Had a lovely apartment across the street from the hotel with the most powerful shower I've ever experienced. However pairing this with no screen or curtain resulted in some messy showers. Great location, short walk from the action but in amongst the locals.

There was nothing that I disliked.

The location to public transport and the city were first rate. The hotel is basic but for the traveller it is perfect. For Barcelona and the location, the price was just as you would expect.

- poor breakfast

- great location - nice beds - bathtub - First room we stayed in (306) did not have a street view, rather a view to the interior of the building.. we asked the lady from the reception if we could swap rooms and she was very nice and eager to help. She moved us to another room

• Double or Twin Room

The beds are very weak. The bathroom sometimes smells bad. The closet is very narrow. Professional staff. Relatively costly.

The location is very nice. It's near to a supermarket, laundry, bus and metro stations. It's also near Montjuic mountain and cable car. Many Halal restaurants around (very important for Muslim travelers)

This was the most stinky room experience in a long while. A smoker had been in the room before, and the personell didn't care about ventilating it. I checked in to a stinky room, I slept in a stinky room, I woke up during the night in a stinky room, and I got up in the morning in a stinky room. Ventilation to/from the outside was a problem, as there is only a small opening (don't call it window) to a narrow roofed inner court. Be aware that this ventilation problem potentially applies to all rooms around the inner court (which are about one third of all rooms I would guess).

Location was ok, room was clean.

• Double or Twin Room

My biggest issue with this "hotel" is that they forced guests to pay an additional 15 euros for friends to be allowed into your private room. I understand if it was a hostel but they specifically called themselves a hotel. Reception is fake friendly giving a bit of attitude when they charged my friend the 15 euros to come visit me. The room itself is a disgrace. You are better off going to a hostel. the double beds are small if you do stay you are better off getting a twin room at least there is more space for two people! the bathroom is extremely small barely any space with a tight space for the shower. Any big people will have no chance of being able to use the shower without having trouble. The room's a/c was not working and combined with the fan left the room with a weird warm/dry sensation in the air getting you to wake up with sweat and a dry throat. Wifi was slow and will come and go. The weirdest thing and uneasy thing was that you had to give in your key every time you left the hotel making it hard to leave any valuables in the room. My suggestion...go to a different hotel if hostels are not your thing but paying a bit more for your stay somewhere else will be better!

It was an extremely price for a very extremely cheap "hotel". Location-wise it was perfect as everything seem to be within reasonable distance.

• Double or Twin Room

Connection from the airport is not great if you take the metro. A few bars close by which might give you issues during the night with noise. The walls are quite thin so you will hear everything!... The coffee was quite bad

The stuff was very helpful and were all speaking English. The hotel is very close to a huge street with many places to eat and drink. It is also a 10-15 min walk from the end of las Ramblas and the aquarium. The cleaning lady was coming every day to clean. The breakfast was looking nice but did not try. Metro stop is 3' walk. Shower pressure was excellent. Also big bath tub.

• Double or Twin Room

As soon as I picked up the TV remote, the batteries fell on the floor. It was missing the cover and the batteries would no hold in place. I complained to the front desk and I was told to use the buttons on the TV. Returned to the room and verified that the TV only had a ON/OFF switch. When I heard the cleaning lady in the hallway I asked her to show me the buttons on the TV, which she could not find. She came back later with another remote. Before going to bed, I noticed the bed did not feel right. I checked underneath and noticed some boards were broken. I was able to re-arrange the boards in order to make the bed more stable and usable, as I did not want to return to the front desk. In the morning to checkout there was no one there. We waited about 20 minutes. When the girl showed up, she said there was a problem in a nearby apartement that they rent out and she had to leave. No apology for making us wait. I complained about the bed and checked-out. The price was good for Barcelona, and all I ask is for a working bed and the staff to be pleasant. I did not get that.

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom could have been cleaner. Location near Paral-lel station super convenient. With bars and food stalls close by. Breakfast was okay too, but starts at 8 pm! Get yourself a 48 or 72 day metro/ bus pass when in Barcelona, available when you step out of airport. Works like charm and great for this hotel's location.

• Double or Twin Room

The acoustic isolation of rooms is poor

Basic Palce to Stay. Good Location close to the city center in a nice neighborhood. Convenient for concerts at Stadi Olimpic or Palau San Jordi

• Double or Twin Room

Street A bit noisy by night. Staff not the friendliest but that was ok as we weren't there to make friends!

Location spot on, 10 minutes walk from la ramblas and 10 mins walk from the port. Based on reviews I had read before our trip I asked for a room with a street view as some have no windows and are very dark. Our room overlooked the corner street junction and although was very noisy by night with window open was fine once window closed. We would definitely stay here again.

The hotel is outdated. It is in very bad shape and honestly I was so disappointing with condition in General. There was the window that was looking into the pipe trunk. General cleanness of the bathroom was not up to standards. Not recommending at all. So disappointing.

Distance from the center is very good. All walking distance

No real window, so couldnt get sunshine in.

Location rather good, close to public transport, centre and some other sights. Good wifi and air conditioning.

• Double or Twin Room

The beds are very uncomfortable and noisy. The walls are very thin and there is noise of people coming in and out and going to the bathroom (running water), almost as if they were inside the room. Too much noise to get to sleep and rest. If you have a technical problem they will not have anyone to solve it, as I did with the television. There was no effort or concern to know what the fault was and to fix it. Unfortunately the tourists are so many and the hotels are so full that many hotels are not worried if the room is good or not.

The hotel is relatively close to the metro and close to the Ramblas area (busiest area, cafes, restaurants, shops ...). The hotel will store your bags before check-in and after check-out. Although outdated, everything is clean and smelly.

• Double or Twin Room

It was a odd simplicity, missing a little bit of a decoration and style that you would hope a hotel would have. Besides this, it seems that Barcelona was overloaded by people, so the the voltage was reduced throughout the city, so the airconditioning wasnt working properly. I didnt seem that was uniquely for the hotel, but just thought it was worth mentioning.

The location was good, very close to the gotic quartier and the metro.

No coffee pot in the room. But you can ask hotel to put hot water in your instant noodle.

Independent apartment with 2 story layout. I am not so sure it was special upgrade. Good location for tapas cause famouse tapas street is just in front.

• Double or Twin Room

there was a fungus on our ceiling, the bad matrace was uncomfortable with springs

nearby street La Rambla, near metro stop, very easy to get everywhere, aircondition

The bed and the pillow were not confortable, the toilet used to make an annoying noise, like it was flushing every 30s. We reported this issue to the staff crew and they said that they could not do anything. The lift was terrible, only fits 2 people.

staff

we were 3 friend and room was small for 03 people so was it's toilet. I would recommend it to young group travellers but not for families and elderly who would need bit extra comfort.

Location is good so is the value for money.

The air conditioning in our room didn't work properly and when highlighted to reception it wasn't really dealt with. We did have 2 rooms however and the 2nd room the AC worked perfectly. Rooms were smal but for 2 people they is plenty room.

The location of this hotel is superb. Only a few minutes walk from the main city centre. Staff are friendly and helpful. Great value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

Internet temperamental. Mini fridge would have been helpful, we had our own travel kettle.

Kindly let us keep stuff in their fridge and freezer as no fridge in room

• Double or Twin Room

I couldn't sleep! Because Light in the room and can't turn it off! Noisy air conditioning!! Someone got in the room at 9:30am while I had " don't disturb" hanger on the door! You can't take shower easily because water goes all around the bathroom. Bed is not comfy and low low quality. Manager doesn't care about your problem! Long story short, Horrible!!!

• Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning was very weak in the room, and we were there during a heat wave, in the high 90s every day. It was difficult to sleep. I think 79 € is a bit much for a one star hotel. There are no amenities.

It was clean. It was close to the subway. The beds were quite hard, but not terrible.

• Double or Twin Room

Everything! the room was very tiny and there was only a super tiny window that couldn't refresh the air, we couldn't spend too much time in the room because was impossible to breath. The toilet was even worse, very small, without window neither ventilator. We had to keep the toilet's door open all the time we were in and sometimes even the Main door. We don't raccomend this hotel at all.

Only the hall Of the hotel was nice

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The facilities - A/c really bad ...we were hot the entire nights the staff doesn't allow guest up to the room

The property is close to the city convient around ..

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The tiny 2 person Elevator that didn't feel safe, broke down the 2nd day into our stay. We had to climb up the tiny circular stair way all the way to the 4th floor for the next few days. we are very active people but the climb up those steps was absolutely terrible. The beds were VERY uncomfortable. I asked for a full size bed but we ended up with 3 twins. The street it was on did not feel safe! So noisy and we could hear the room next to us listening to music and talking until 4 am! Our room was not refundable but we couldn't stay one more night so we left a day early.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

We took all our valuables out with us including passports having read previous reviews about when you ask for your key back (you have to leave it with the staff everytime you go out) you literally say your room number, or any one you fancy because they don't cross reference that to a name! I think they might just have given us any key we asked for!

When we first got to Coronado we thought it was really out of town but that's because we went completely the wrong way and the next morning it only took us about 10 mins to walk to the Ramblas! Basic room. Beds were not very comfy but I still slept. Good shower, hairdryer and towels. Air con was quite good although in May we didn't need it much, not sure how it would cope in the hotter months but we froze the first night before we got to grips with it so guess it was pretty powerful! Room very small but it's cheap clean and well located. Staff very friendly, what more could you want.

when we go out of the hotel, we must give our room key to the front desk and take it back when we arrive at the hotel at night, it was just so weird

the location was great! the room was big and nice! the staffs were so friendly!

• Double or Twin Room

The older lady at the reception wasn't nice at all. She made us wait long for the check in and didn't even talk to us. The rest of people were friendly. The rooms are very basic. Some of them have a shower that is too small. The towels look worn out. However everything is clean.

The location is good. Not far from la rambla (10 min walk).

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

A lot off that

The bad was ok,nice. Location great. Staff very unplaisant. It is clean,but very old and i sneeze all the day,cause they have mites. I would go here again,and i am not very critically person,but this hotel doesn't value this money.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Dirty rooms, smelt like someone had been smoking in it and found cigarette in the sink. Bed was small and hard (with bad pillow that gave us neck ache). The shower had curtain that looked dirty. The walls were so thin than we were woken up with two drunk people at 3am throwing up.

The price

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Everything is old and partly broken. In bath room there is no carpet for floor. Plumbing is old so it's difficult to find a position for warm water

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not to our liking, tried once and went elsewhere.

Ok place for sleeping, great location for walking to les Palmes, you can walk to the cruise port but it is a 45 min walk, we and 3 others did it.

Browse Coronado traveller photo gallery