Reviews of Hotel Costa Blanca 3 stars

Pintor Llorens, 3, 03700 Denia, Spain

#20 of 23 hotels in Denia

Perfect weekend break to celebrate our anniversary.

Nothing other than we could not stay longer

The location of the hotel was excellent for shopping, sightseeing and the port. Hotel facilities and comfort were first class.

it was clean room
    • Double or Twin Room

The city is really dirty. Nothing really to see. The hotel is not far from the centre, but there are no balcony or terrasse. Your windows look at the pipes of inner court. There are only few places for parking your car in front of the hotel, if you arent lucky you need to pay 15 euro for parking. When you pay for the hotel they dont prevent you about choice between euro or dollars, thats why you can loose money during exchanging. I dont recommend to stay here.

it was clean room

Good place to stay in Dénia
    • Double or Twin Room

the pillow was too hard and big. The cover of the pilow was synthetic. During night twice was very noisy from the street

clean, with a helpful staff and has a good location.

Acceptable but pricey. Better choose apartment (lots in Denia)

the room was tiny (!!) we were in three people therefore you need some space to at least place your luggage and comfortably pass the others. one wardrobe (enough for 3 people/3 days) but placed by one of the beds (too close to comfortably open the doors) so others couldn't reach it. No other place to put your stuff, so you end up with holiday mess :) Terrible noise outside each morning (trash cars taking in glass at 6 am....good luck sleep)

location, spacious shower and water pressure :)

Very pleasant and welcoming

There was nothing to dislike about this hotel,

Lovely room and very comfortable bed, could do with extra pillow , the staff were very helpful. Reception staff very good. This was the first time I had stayed in a Hotel on my own. My friends were staying elsewhere in Denia. I would recommend this hotel again very central to all amenities.

Good
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a strong smell in the corridor and room,I found out later that they had recently painted,so I just bought candles for the room

Location and good value for money

Great location and very clean. Good breakfast. Friendly staff.

My room was smaller and not as plush as both my friends - reckon they had an upgrade but weren’t told. But it was fine and very clean.

Breakfast lovely - especially croissants and orange juice 😊 Could have enjoyed scrambled eggs or choice of hot breakfast, but very happy anyway.

Good Location close to sea front.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better - more choice. Mini bar missing from room. At check out we were initially charged for car parking which we did not use.

Lisa Villatoro Perez is an amazing receptionist who could not do enough for us, we are so grateful!!

Nothing could have been better for us, I would recommend this hotel 100%

We very sadly had to book a hotel in Denia at the last minute due to my husband being taken ill whilst in Spain and was in intensive care in Denia Hospital. I originally arrived by myself and then my sons followed the next evening. We were unsure at this time how long we would need to stay but Lisa Villatoro Perez who was an amazing receptionist sorted our room so that we could stay for as long as we needed! Everybody was so caring, helpful and concerned for us and they made us feel safe and secure with a base to come home to every night. We were overwhelmed by the kindess and support shown to us and I cannot thank everyone, especially Lisa enough for everything they did for us. We are now back in the UK although my husband is still in hospital but we will return when he is better so that he can also thank everyone who helped us and I believe we have made a lovely friend in Lisa for always - much love to you all we will definitely see you again hopefully in much happier circumstances!!

Good hotel in super location
    • Double or Twin Room

Restaurant waiter for breakfast was more intent in talking to his friend (in the red jumper) who was working in the bar adjacant to the restaurant. In consequence breakfast items were not topped up and dirty plates remained on table throughout the whole of the meal. I sure that when his friend is not there that servicesould be a lot better.

Central location with own car park (€15 a night). Easy checkin & helpful reception staff

Excellent would definitely stay there again. Location was great close to everything.

The cleaners were quite loud one of the mornings slamming doors and loudly speaking to each other.

The room and bathroom was larger than expected, beds were really comfy and the receiptionst was lovely.

Nice week with good weather and plenty of nice places to walk !
    • Double or Twin Room

I do not have a sweet tooth and I do like the option of scrambled eggs or a bit of bacon. But none here! There were loads of sweet cakes !

Friendly staff, good location.

Great value for money hotel stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Laminate floor in the corridors meant it was clean but a little noisy. no fridge or tea & cofee making facilities in the room

Friendly staff. Very clean. Fresh orange juice at breakfast, long breakfast serving hours-until 11am meaning you could get up as early or as late as you wish

Good location and value, ideal for a short stay .
    • Double or Twin Room

The walk in shower needed a grab handle, as the base was very slippery. There was no extractor fan in the bathroom.

Good location, not too far from the Old Town and only a short walk to the port area. Breakfast was good, a cold buffet with plenty of choice. Staff all very friendly.

MY STAY AT THIS HOTEL WAS VERY GOOD AND WOULD HAVE NO HESITATION IN RECOMMENDING THIS HOTEL

THE BAR MAN COULD HAVE BEEN A BIT MORE PLEASANT AND SMILED AS IF HE ENJOYED HIS WORK.

the bed was very comfortable and location of hotel very good. size and location of balcony very good. got the sun all day.

Nearly perfect

The shutters on the windows were nice and looks good. However, they could be difficult to close and sometimes it was hard to get the whole room dark.

The cleanness of the bathrooms and rooms in general was outstanding! The staff were professional at all time but still willing to help and answer any questions that came to mind.

Will book again.

The cost of having to book two rooms for two adults and two children. But the children had no complaints.

Free WiFi with good signal in both rooms booked.

Excellent location with nice spacious rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

We wish the bar was not closing that early and it would’ve been nice to have a kettle in the room so we can make tea or coffe.

The hotel is located very close to the marina and many restaurants and shops. We’re given an upgrade; a lovely light and specious room with Quin size bed. We loved the fresh orange juice machine available for breakfast.

Good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room on small side. No balcony. Renovations ongoing.

Good location. Comfortable. Good shower and large towels. Helpful reception. Changed our room because of renovation noise.

Great quality hotel in lovely town.

English language tv channels such as CNN BBC World news etc. it costs nothing to tune the tv to receive but few Hotels bother.

great location, round corner from train station, high quality for bargain price. in the heart of Denia close to best bars, cafes, tapas & restaurants. very comfy beds.

excellent break in a spanish port city

coming back to uk

excellent continental breakfast fresh juices, all round v good .had a superior room with balcony gives an open feeling to room .bed excellent ,shower and bathroom v good towels changed every day cleaned every day . reception and all staff could not help any more.

Clean, comfortable and great location

No coffee/tea maker in room.Thought the daily water bottle and fruit juice was included, it wasn't.

Very clean, excellent staff, bed linen changed every day. Will not again for next year.

Bed full of bed bugs

Bed bugs all over and rotten bathroom door, bad curtains and bathroom floor. It smells bad and I did not sleep all night from bed bugs bites. It has the quality of a hostel.

Nice towels, good wifi.

Ordinary hotel close to the port.
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed 2 nights here. Unfortunately the room n.107 aircondition was really loud what we can not use. However the window was too small to be able to ventilate the room itself. Sadly the street was loud. My bed was spring-bed, which is noisy and uncomfotable.

There are many breakfast & coffee bar and restaurant near to the hotel. Free parking place is also available near to the hotel.

We really enjoyed our stay hotel was in a good position for the marina and shops and restaurants
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom had no bidet and the jacuzzi bath looked very tired and the jets did not look very clean so used the shower instead.

Comfortable room, very good choice of food at breakfast and the location was excellent.

Adequate hotel, nice and central, clean but needs to invest in customer care training.

The staff were not friendly or helpful and did nt seem to have any consistency. Some kept shutting the hotel bar at 11pm when the receptionist clearly said it was open until midnight. When I asked for one drink at 5 past 11 the receptionist was quite rude to say the least. Breakfast was quite a poor buffet and we couldn't even take our food outside to sit at the hotel tables. Oh and don't try to take any breakfast or coffee to your room - this is strictly forbidden and there are even curt notices on the tables to tell you that the head waiter will charge you for any food you take out - even though you have already paid for breakfast. The staff are what let's the hotel down - it is a perfectly acceptable short stay hotel and if the company invested a bit of money in customer care training then it would be a more pleasant place to stay.

The location was great, close to everything and the hotel was really clean.

everything concerning the hotel was first class, we will...
    • Double or Twin Room

No cooked breakfast option, but that is only a personal preference, everthing on offer was perfectly presented.

everything concerning the hotel was first class, we will definitely stay again, would also recommend to anyone.

Good location and comfortable beds

They made a mistake with the price of the stay even though I double checked with them a couple of days before we checked in, so I dont consider this hotel to be serious in that respect. There was another couple also complaining about more or less the same thing.

Location is great. Breakfast doesn´t have a big rage but you can make your own orange juice fresh

Great value, clean and nice hotel in a great location!
    • Double or Twin Room

pillows weren't very comfortable but a minor complaint and nothing to worry about!

Staff were very helpful and friendly, very easy access to all parts of Denia, walking distance to the beach, port, restaurants, old town, bus stop (bus to Valencia).

short and sweet with na etra topping of a fine

A BIG SIGN LETTING YOU KNOW THAT YOU CANT PARK YOUR CAR RIGHT OUTSIDE THE HOTEL AS ONE SIDE YOU CAN//// THE OTHER YOU GET TOWED AND HAVE TO PAY 121 EURO

All good friendly staff

Beds comfortable

When I booked online the advert had breakfast included on your site written on a header on top left hand corner- this was not the case when the room was booked and I feel this was misrepresenting the facilities included. The staff were not interested in rectifying this in any way at the hotel.

Beds comfortable

I would stay here again if I wanted to be in the heart of Denia!
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff bickering at the front desk during our checkout. It made me feel ill at ease. That shouldn't happen in front of guests.

Great, cool and comfortable room at a good price. It was perfect for a one night stay prior to boarding the ferry to Mallorca the next day. The location was convenient too, just a short walk to the market and great restaurant.

Good position
    • Double or Twin Room

I am coeliac and choice at breakfast was poor. Had to buy own bread and cereals. I don't regard cakes as something for breakfast I understand the need to cater for everyone

Good position

Excellent hotel for a holiday in Dénia

= if the hotel were able to append a pool to its facilities that would be good

= Continental breakfast was very good = room was very good, excellently maintained by the chambermaids = staff were all polite, friendly, could not have been more helpful = location excellent for a family holiday in Dénia = reception staff sorted out a couple of problems expertly and in a timely fashion = we can recommend this hotel, and would willingly stay there again should we visit Dénia

Excellent base from

Coffee/tea making facility in room would've good

Spacious family room with good sized beds for a family room. Lovely shower. Excellent breakfast

The location was good.

I did not like the awful radio station forced down my ears at breakfast. Why can't we have breakfast in peace ?!!

The location was good. I could buy my newspaper from a shop around the corner.

A lovely hotel I would recommend to everyone if I was asked
    • Double or Twin Room

we did not find anything to dislike about this hotel it was very clean and the staff very friendly

the bed was very comfortable the hotel was very clean and breakfast was very nice

No, thanks.
    • Double or Twin Room

Due to Easter, I guess, we were allocated in the last available and ugliest room of the property. -Not ventilated. -Small window without mosquito-screen installed: the combination of the previous (we needed to let the fresh air in) and this made our stay even more uncomfortable. -View to an inner atrium? with pipes and conducts. -Random forgotten house-keeping things, like insect killer, at the lobby.

Average 3* property. Front office was nice. Breakfast was fine for the category. Location is perfect to forget about the car (if you manage to park around for free or are willing to pay for the private parkings)

central location - good for outside breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

An unexciting breakfast at 6 Euros was not worth it. Parking Garage was extremely small and very difficult to get in and out of and at 14 Euros was also expensive.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

If you are looking for value for money..................look no further.

Good location, well run hotel, friendly staff, good clean rooms, comfortable beds, good buffet breakfast overall very good value hence why I always stay there.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Good location, Downtown.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very nice and clean and comfort. I didn´t like the toilet, uncomfortable to sit on as it was small and circle shaped.

Very good hotel and near to downtown.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Good place to stay not over priced.
    • Double or Twin Room

I like to be able to make coffee or tea in my room on awakening or before retiring so I was disappointed about the lack of this facility. Also not enough garage places,then parking can be a headache .

Overall we enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was adequate and fresh

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Nice hotel, poor plumbing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was much smaller than the photos depicted online, although the bathroom was a good size. We had a leak from toilet during our stay and were offered a smaller room as alternative, but decided to wait an hour for a plumber to come fix the problem. When we did use the shower this was faulty/would only run cold water. Having explained these issues on check-out there was no offer of compensation or discount for this inconvenience.

Location near centre of town and nearby harbour. Main street with restaurants and bars close to hotel. Hotel was clean and staff were friendly and helpful. Parking located behind hotel at reasonable price.

Great experience. Fabulous location
    • Double or Twin Room

Lack of outside space. No terrace or place to sit in the sun.

The staff were excellent and the hotel was extremely clean.

Town centre location.

€15 per night to park.

Town centre location.

Comfortable and close to the marina
    • Double or Twin Room

No coffee maker in the room

Lovely room

You get what you pay for.
    • Double or Twin Room

You get what you pay for.

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Some hot food for breakfast,e.g. scrambled eggs

hotel clean and spacious

Very convenient location and overall most comfortable stay Thank you

The window/door needs blackout blinds.

Lots of choice for breakfast. Comfortable room

Good. Just good.
    • Double or Twin Room

A little tired in places.

Central location.

Location and package

Location and package

Hotel was clean, staff were friendly and the hotel was in a...
    • Double or Twin Room

Price for the car park was expensive

Hotel was clean, staff were friendly and the hotel was in a great location near to the port and centre of town.

The location, the beds, the room itself was well appointed.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location, the beds, the room itself was well appointed.

Very good location value for money hotel very clean good to find pet friendly hotel of this standa

Everything about hotel

Staff helpful

15 euro charge to use the car park.

15 euro charge to use the car park. Total rip off

Only had breakfast here which was extremely varied and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Only had breakfast here which was extremely varied and plentiful. The private parking is a bonus too.

Las almohadas, son horribles

Las almohadas, son horribles

No parking

Excelente hotel

La cama, especial

we visited when the fallas was on great experiance
    • Double or Twin Room

the decoration and paintings were excellent the hotel had a warm feeling the location of the hotel was spot on

The staff were helpful and friendly.

Having a kettle in my room

The staff were helpful and friendly. The room was nice and was fine for a short period. the shower was excellent

Friendly and helpful staff.

Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent cleaner. Convenient location.

Ok

Paper thin walls

My favourite hotel in Denia

I've been in many hotels in Denia but this one is my favourite. Very clean and good situated.

Good
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast isn't great and radio in restaurant is very loud

Location, price, friendly staff

Convenient to sites and comfortable.

Very nice will go again
    • Double or Twin Room

Would like a tea making facility

Hotel great location fab very clean staff very helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only thing lacking is coffee and tea making facilities.

Hotel great location fab very clean staff very helpful.

A good business hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls were a little thin so you could here people coming and going.

The staff were very helpful.

Peaceful short break
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice and central to all amenities, ideal for port and shops and bars

Veryy nice, will we return

Bedroom very nice, Breakfast excellant

Great welcome.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great welcome. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable reception. Answered all our questions perfectly.

Very nice
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have preferred a bath

Likes the patios on the top floor

Ok place just to sleep

Clean. Good location by the harbour.