Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Madrid Princesa 4 stars

#311 of 327 hotels in Madrid

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Unhappy
    • Comfort Double Room

Having stayed in many Courtyard by Marriott properties , this was a bit of disappointment . Very tired property with old fixtures , particularly in the bathroom , The property is heavily focused on one -two nights groups and did not really impress me as a business traveler . Bed and Pillows were very uncomfortable . Staff at breakfast ( I stayed for 5 nights ) had probably left their "Smile " at home ! . No complimentary water in the room . At close to Euro 200 certainly did not find value for money on all counts . Attitude and service levels of the front office staff is the only positive .

Good Location and very friendly and helpful front office staff .

The staff was wonderful and really helpful.
    • Comfort Double Room

The staff was wonderful and really helpful. The breakfast was ok but I was expecting better choice. The location is good and you'll find a lot of restaurants and shops in the street. I will probably come back again.

Rooms were very big and spacious, great location and...
    • Comfort Double Room

It is not tech savvy and outdated, bathrooms are very old and you would not like to relax in the bath. How can a 4 star not have power points next to the bed and when your in a room fit for a castle having a 12 inch tv doesn’t look right!

Rooms were very big and spacious, great location and excellent views. Staff were very polite and accommodating

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Great location and great value for money.
    • Comfort Double Room

The meal in the restaurant was overcooked and average. My husband didnt eat majority of his meal and when he mentioned why to staff member nothing was said or apology for the meal.

Location close to everything. Breakfast was fantastic and reception staff friendly and helpful.

The person at the reception named Ivan was totally...
    • Family Room

The person at the reception named Ivan was totally incomprehensible and uncomfortable. We have, however, been able to obtain an acceptable accommodation with the help of another receptionist named Francisco, whom we are grateful for this courtesy for the courtesy he has shown.

• Comfort Double Room

Room is not clean, dirty carpet, bad smell (cigarette/ mold) & the bed is not comfy. Housekeeper didn’t show up to clean the room until 9 pm (attached photos)!!

It is my favorite hotel in Madrid
    • Comfort Double Room

It is my favorite hotel in Madrid Location is Great, Close to super market and department store and metro. Also Good WiFi Near Starbucks ..... etc Great buffet Breakfast Has improved from last year

I liked the hotel
    • Family Room

For me the location was not very good because it is a little bit farther than the places where I stayed before, where I could go walking everywhere

The room was nice and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable

Very comfortable but some facilities could be tweaked.
    • Comfort Double Room

The television only had one english channel which was Disney and online it was advertised to have a pool which turned out not to be so useable for holiday makers. You have to walk through a gym to reach the pool which is full of people and once you reach the pool you are told you must wear a swim cap. There are no sun loungers as shown online either.

The room was very comfortable and clean. Staff were very helpful in giving us any information we needed.

It was nice but as it was our 35th wedding anniversary would have preferred something more personal
    • Comfort Double Room

The pool is dreadful and no facilities for drying etc. Came out of pool area with debris attached to costume etc.

The staff were brilliant and the breakfast selection was very good

Good value for money....
    • Comfort Double Room

The desk at Julia Travel would be more informative if they were actually present; off my 4 day stay they were only present on the last day. The queen bed seemed to be rather small and not very inviting against the bed poster. The carpets in the room should be removed and replaced with new carpets or tiles.

Hotel was comfortable; however upon arrival we found that the hotel could do with some up-do and renovations - it is not untidy at all its just starting to be neglected like the passage to the rooms; etc. The hotel is not very centrally located to the attractions; alot of walking.

Nice hotel

Nothing! Everything was Ok

Silent Room, everything was clean. Breakfast is too expensive, but with th 50% discount that was applied it became very atractive.

Good Breakfast and good position very close to the metro...
    • Comfort Double Room

Room noisy in the night due to the fact that at the bottom of the hotel buildind there is a storehouse (linked to the near mall). All over the night you could listen the buzzes of the machinaries moving around. My room was the 911 and I think that the fact that, at 9th floor, I can ear anyway such noise is because of a defecting windows that could be not close ermetically.

Good Breakfast and good position very close to the metro stration. Staff very gentle and helpful.

Not even 3 stars hotel!!
    • Comfort Double Room

I booked this hotel relaying on the name and few pictures booking website but unfortunately the reality is completely different neither the Marriott name nor the pictures reflects what’s going on in real. This is the worse hotel I see in years. Starting with the room, I stayed in room 1124 in the 11 th floor to be specific, furnitures are very old and very basic, the bed arrangement was very simple with only a white sheet nothing else, there was no duvet, an old dirty blanket brown in color covered with a white sheet, the sofa was dirty with age change and many spots on it, the carpet was dirty too with spots on it everywhere. There is nothing in the fridge! They have provided 2 small bottles of water only in the first day not like many other 5 stars hotels who provide daily water. The iron table was irregular so you can’t iron on it. Second is the toilet which is horrible!, the toilet seat cover is broken and it looks like it is broken for ages and no body care to fix it, the water stopper in the sink is not functioning, further more the begets towel size is below the standard for a respectable hotel. The corridor of the 11th floor is not ventilated and smell bad. The breakfast was very basic but that is not a big deal , the big deal is the rude staff, they are not nice when they speak and not smiling when you look at them. In a bad way they refused to let one of the residents to get in at 10:29 and the restaurant close at 10:30. Someone of them will round around at 10:30 telling people that we are closed and not to get anything more ! Not like other respectful hotels where they tell you 10 mints before in a nice way to take more if you want because we are closing after 10 min!!! In general it was a very bad stay in a very nice city , for sure the price I paid is to expensive for what I got, I don’t recommend this hotel to anyone

Nothing really Positive to mention

• Comfort Double Room

The room was not like the pictures, was an old roon wtih carpet that smell old and unclean. The staff didn't help us at all. We have to call 2 times because the bathroon was not clean.

Had a very pleasant stay and would stay again.
    • Comfort Double Room

The pool is not a proper pool and could not be used as it was in the middle of a very busy gym used by members. Should state this on website.

Cleanliness and all Staff were so helpful and friendly.

The hotel was big but was not 4star, the rooms need to be refurbished, wall paper, lights, mattress
    • Comfort Double Room

They gave us two single beds, then moved us to a smoking room which stank but was the only other option. The rooms need to be refurbished, peeling paper, broken lights, bed was had and thin and small for a ‘queen’. The pool shuts really early

The room was spacious and the location was good

Cheap central hotel that either needs a big refurbishment or has delusions of grandeut
    • Comfort Double Room

Poor wifi lifts showers and the gym was a joke.

Wonderful beds and a great welcome from the friendly staff. But Princessa Hotel ( former name ) has seen better days. This is certainly not a 4 stars hotel ha ha. For instance the lifts do not work really well which is worrying because there are about 14 floors. But this was very central and cheap. Thanks booking.com.

Great location, 80 metres from Metro exit, average hotel for value
    • Comfort Double Room

. The room was extremely old fashioned with some wall paper part missing. When we arrived the temperature room was above > 25 degrees which was unpleasant. I really struggled to bring the temperature down. Not convinced the fan/air conditioning was working as expected. . Two out of the three elevators were either under maintenance or broken during the entire stay. Sometimes one had to wait 7-8 minutes before getting a free lift to go back to our bedroom on the 14th floor. Staircase was unfortunately a limited option. . The swimming pool is NOT owned by the Hotel, but instead Marriott customers are allowed to use the pool from the Holiday Gymnasium next door for free. It was quite intimidating to use the pool as we were constantly surrounded by 6-7 runners on the treadmill glaring at the pool. (If the pool ownership was mentioned on the website, it must have been written in small letters, as I don’t remember reading it). . Since the weather was unfortunately not great, I expected to plug a USB drive to the TV in order to watch a couple of movies. For some obvious reasons the USB port was fully disabled.

. The overall staff was extremely friendly, ‘kudos’ to the reception desk employees for their friendliness and professionalism . The breakfast area was bright and spacious. A wide buffet was available with a good choice of Spanish/continental food.

It was adequate
    • Comfort Double Room

The Elevators. Didn´t work most of the time. One morning none of them work. We had to use the stairs (nine floors) to have breakfast. The A-C was just decent.

The location of the Hotel was good for us. I liked the employees handling the tours. The breakfast buffet was good. Rooms were kept clean by the hotel staff.

Don't stay here
    • Comfort Double Room

Hotel is very old. Ther are very old carpets in the room that smelled mold. Rooms were a lot different than the photos on Booking.com. We thought it would be great to stay at a Marriott Hotel but we would be more comfortable if we stayed at a small lodge. Elevators were not working most of the time. No sound isolation. We listened a group of men till 6 am in the morning. It was terrible.

Staff was helpful, breakfast was very good, room was large

The room was very spacious
    • Premium King or Twin Room

The swimming pool was in a full on gym, felt very strange walking through the gym with my child to play in the pool and being watched by people on treadmills

The room was very spacious

Never again.
    • Comfort Double Room

There were broken elevators and I needed to wait as long as 10 minutes for an elevator. I had burnt out lights in my room, the drainage of the face cat was a problem, did not restock toilet paper, my key didn’t work in multiple occasions (and no it was not stored near my phone!), no one available to help with my bags, no stamps for postage (I thought all hotels carried this), I really didn’t care for this hotel!! I am a Marriott loyalty member but hooked me n Booking.com and I got a better rate and a better cancellation policy and it included breakfast. It is AWFUL that Marriott’s website doesn’t offer customers a same/better policy.

A nice view from my room.

The breakfast buffet had good selections.
    • Comfort Double Room

The inner pane of the window had a crack in it that had been taped. For a Marriott, not a good image.

The breakfast buffet had good selections. I requested a quiet room and was given one at the back of the hotel.

Very enjoyable stay. Easy access to the centre of Madrid. Good transport connections.
    • Family Room

The shower, lt overflowed. Need a couple of comfortable easy chairs in the room. Otherwise Ok

Breakfast was very good. A good selection of hot and cold. Plenty of fruits. Fresh breads and cakes. Overall very good

I liked nothing about the hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

staff atitude could better. they showed neither greeting nor smile. They were not helpful either. Bathtube was very old and rusty (see the pictures)

I liked nothing about the hotel

Fantastisk. Great stay.
    • Comfort Double Room

Smells a bite smoke in the corridors/rooms

Free accsess to the well equipped gym next door. Great. The hotel is close to Santiago Benabeu. Easy to take the the Metro outside the hotel. 12-15 minuts. Friendly staff

The location was great and the breakfast was satisfactory.
    • Comfort Double Room

I was with a 3-year old baby and expected to use the swimming pool. But I was informed that the swimming pool allows only for one above 7, which as far as I know was not written in the information when I booked. The point is that the swimming pool was one of the most important factors that I considered to choose a hotel.

The location was great and the breakfast was satisfactory. But not sure whether it is worth paying such a price for this hotel.

Good start to the holiday
    • Family Room

The room was a little cold in the area where an extra bed (daughter) was placed, and she was given blankets and not a duvet, so in the first night she was cold . My nightwear was swept up in the laundry when the bed was changed and could not be found after that.They tried but couldn’t find it.

Good hotel with friendly and helpful staff.

the hotel is fine for a short stay over in a major city.
    • Comfort Double Room

on arrival, which was quite late due to a delayed flight the reception staff were unfriendly & not at all welcoming. In fact a look of utter disgust crossed the face of the particular man we dealt with when I approached.. we tried to start a conversation - he was not interested at all. I strongly believe this was because of my appearance as I am part of the Gothic subculture & have been for the last 39 years. on observation of him with other guests, whilst still not what you would call warm & friendly, he was much more helpful & talkative with them. the bar staff were friendlier as we were desperate for a coffee & despite the fact that they were due to close they happily served us & did not rush us. the hotel reception area is modern & bright with a slight retro twist, but the room we were in (floor 11) was quite dated & in need of an overhaul. it was very clean, the bed was quite comfy but getting the room. temp right proved to be a challenge it was way too hot for us...

The proximity to the event we were attending.

Breakfast was great - tasty and varied.
    • Comfort Double Room

It is obvious that the furniture is a little outdated, also the receptionist during our check-out was quite unhelpful and unpleasant.

Breakfast was great - tasty and varied. The location of the hotel is perfect, all the main city attractions are within the walking distance.

Good hotel for leisure and business. Good location for all activities.
    • Comfort Double Room

Furniture a little outdated but overall in acceptable shape and clean

Good choice in fitness center Nice staff - accepted check-in before check-in time and a change of room due to bed type. Good value for money in the bistro (drinks and food) Comfy bed Good location for walking and travelling by metro Smart tv in lobby where you can check surroundings Big Shopping center is next door

It was OK
    • Comfort Double Room

The room (7th Floor) was quite old, they could renovate the rooms and the Pool is actually in a Gym that is not part of the Hotel, besides it was super small and it wasn´t really to relax, the sauna was also part of this Gym and you wouldn´t like to get in even if paid the conditions were very bad... They shouldn´t offer as "services" the pool nor the sauna....

The location was very good and I guess that for the price everything was Ok.... Is a bit run down... I didn´t try the breakfast nor the food...

Nice location, a lot of rooms, expect worst average
    • Comfort Double Room

Everything was old, sometimes broken, nothing in minibar, bed was not as comfortable as I expect from this kind of hotels. Breakfast should be included in 124€ price per night (as it was written on the web page) but it was not, I had to pay it separately.

Staff was nice and polite. The location is perfect, near to Templo Debod, just in the center.

Relaxing
    • Comfort Double Room

Room was too hot & Air con didn’t go below 23 in Winter. However staff came & opened windows to let fresh air in

Friendly helpful staff - very central, big room & lovely breakfast

Terrible!
    • Comfort Double Room

Room was devastated with marks from cigarettes. The blankets were dirty and smelling like used. “Air con” as they call in the hotel wasn’t working and it was too hot in the room. The only option to cool it was to open sealed window. To find out number to the reception was a disaster. No phone list in the room. Swimming pool was dirty and small lights were supposed to cover it. Shower was broken and water was leaking all over the bathroom. Checking out was a horror taking 30 min as the lady needed to make 1000 phone calls. Never stay in that hotel again.

Location was good.

Epic, Lovely, Warm and pleasure to stay in CourtYard Madrid
    • Comfort Double Room

Only one important think which could change is the checkout time nothing else, everything was brilliant.

Overall my experience in this hotel was Brilliant. Meeting such great staff members in the hotel who were they always willing to help at all times, especially [NATALIA] who was very friendly, and gave you directions to everything of where to go. Great customer service skills for this one colleague. Breakfast was very demanding, a lot of choices were given on the day to choose from Swimming pool and the gym had brilliant service, someone was always there to help if needed be. Overall if someone was going to come to this hotel, in the future i would give it 10 out of 10, as there was no problem for me during the stay of this brilliant 4 star hotel. City centre is very close by, catching the metro daily is easy enough, not rocket science. Very cheap to use the metro service. Brilliant hotel would recommend this anyone who is wanting to stay in the close of the city centre.

It was a nice stay at hotel and staff behaved very well.
    • Comfort Double Room

The pillows on the bed are not comfortable also there are almost no vegetarian options in lunch and dinner and not much options in the non veg food as well.

Location and staff are good and supported very well.

Very upsetting
    • Comfort Double Room

Everything the room was extremely dated, was very expensive even without breakfast, silly rules for the pool, male reception staff was rude and no customer service and not the best location.

There was a nice sushi shop near by.

Great choice at breakfast and not too busy if you're...
    • Comfort Double Room

Nothing everything was good.

Great choice at breakfast and not too busy if you're there between 8.00 & 9.00am. Brilliant location and very friendly staff. Would recommend it.

Enjoyable apart from pool
    • Comfort Double Room

Really disappointing kids under the age of 7 aren't allowed in the pool at all, eventually we found it on the website but not easy to find. This should be highlighted as we booked it for the pool as well.

Nice and clean hotel located near a metro stop which made it easier to get about

I would give this hotel less than 3 stars. Not worth the expense. Worst Marriott experience ever!
    • Comfort Double Room

Internet was slow, when working. Guest services were lacking severely. Rooms were dirty. No consistency in which toiletries you'll receive each day. I had to go to the front desk several times asking for conditioner as I would received 4 shampoos from the room cleaning staff. The staff were nice, but didn't really care. I would give this hotel less than three stars.

Location is convenient to downtown

It’s not like it looks
    • Comfort Double Room

They have pictures of gym and pool..I take that hotel just because of that, and when I came it was disgusting...That’s public pool and gym..I just go to saw it and I never come back

size of the room

Tired property in an OK location.
    • Comfort Double Room

Poor Air-conditioning and hot water system, certainly in the old part of the property. After 2 nights I moved to the new section which did not have these problems.

Very Good.
    • Comfort Double Room

A little fat from city center. But it’s not a problem if you take the Metro, just 3 or 4 station to all major attractions.

Nice room. Very comfortable.

• Comfort Double Room

The pool could have also relax chairs. The room has no remote control for the heating and during night can be really hot in winter

The facilities and the central location. The hotel has a pool and fitness club. The room is big with a small living

Holiday was fab - hotel didn’t contribute to my overall holiday rating
    • Family Room

We thought we had booked the Marriott next to football stadium. We had to get multiple taxis. Check out- one ladie was serving me but as another client needed help she left me even though 2 other members of staff were already helping. Breakfast food was good but food throughout day was poor

Old-fashioned style hotel in a good location
    • Comfort Double Room

- Very old-fashioned furniture and room style - Bathroom: no heating so quite cold in winter, takes a long time to get hot water, very old fashioned style - Empty mini bar in the room - No plugs on/near bedside tables

- location: next to metro station, shopping area, at a short walk from city centre - Nice breakfast buffet - Friendly staff - Good internet

Perfect location in the city center close to everything...
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel is very old no mini bar room service closed at 23:30 no AC in the winter rooms can be very hot and noise

Perfect location in the city center close to everything corte inlges shopping center is just next door, banking just 30 seconds walking restaurants and night life on a door stap

Aussie travellers
    • Premium King or Twin Room

The hotel was very central and we had a wonderful room. The breakfasts were amazing and we were able to achieve getting to all the sites we wanted to see. The metro is practically outside the door.

An outdated hotel that needs refurbishing.
    • Comfort Double Room

This hotel is outdated. It clearly needs refurbishment. The swimming pool is open to the public and can only be accessed by walking through the public gym which is not ideal at all if you are wearing bath robes!

Breakfast is excellent

It was a little way out maybe but then again it did rain for most of my stay !

I have no complaints

Breakfast was good, room was a decent size for 3 people. Didn't look at the gym or pool so I have no opinion on those. A few more English tv channels would be nice but not essential lol

Mmmmmmmmmm!
    • Comfort Double Room

No where to sit outside without people smoking. Rather noisy outside of an evening and you had to sleep with the windows open as you could not turn their heaters lower than 22 degrees. Pool area a big let down, came prepared for morning swims and costumes stayed in bag!

Everything was close, great supermarket next door for anything you need! Great breakfast variety.....

I expected Marriot hotel but this one doesn't deserve 4 stars
    • Comfort Double Room

I've been in different Marriot hotels in different countries and I expected the same level. Unfortunately this hotel is an exception: not so clean, horrible pillows, shabby facilities, everything's old.

Christmas and New Year’s in Madrid
    • Comfort Double Room

The water was rather slow in the bathroom sink

The very large room, double bed and bathroom. Walking distance to all the shops, bars and restaurants of Gran Via and Sol etc. Nice and plentiful breakfast.

A classic hotel off Calle Princesa
    • Comfort Double Room

Decor and furnishings are a bit old and dated, carpets a bit dusty, courtesy tea and coffee of bad quality - not appropriate for a 4 star hotel

Bed was king size, and a big room with reasonably good views

Not happy - for families, i would recommend avoiding.
    • Family Room

Hotel is old and needs refurbishment - doesn't do justice to Marriot brand. Poorly maintained. Bathroom lock not working and had loose tiles. Pool and gym are not as they look in the pictures - not well maintained at all and not kids friendly. Staff did not provide complete info about the pool and once we were turned away as we didn't wear swimming hats.

Good sized rooms, good location. Pharmacy and local store are very near as is the metro station. Most touristy places are 3 - 4 stops away.

Uncomfortable stay. Not pleasant
    • Comfort Double Room

Room looks old. Wifi always dropping. Buffet breakfast always the same every single day. My experience is so much different from the other marriott hotels i have stayed in. Staffs at the reception not too friendly except for Francisco. He is very helpful and kind. Pillows and sheets not soft and not comfortable. Very outdated. Shower not very nice! Travel agency in the lobby is not well trained. Not friendly. Need to change the agency

The room was so nice.
    • Comfort Double Room

The check in and check out was very slow. It was crowded but still very slow. We waited around half an hour to check in and 20 mins to check out.

The room was so nice. Staff veri friendly and the cleaning persons were absolutely perfect. Almost everyday the room were cleaned in the most possible way.

Perfect

Liked everything

Location. Room sizes. Bar man made a drink for us he never heard of. We explained what a hot whiskey was and he did a great job for his first time

Great for Chrismas shopping in Madrid!
    • Comfort Double Room

We can see that the hotel has been renovated but a few things remain to be fixed - like mold on the walls and an ashtray on the wall in the bathroom when the hotel is supposedly smoke free.

The room was very spacious and the bed very comfortable although there wasn't a choice of pillows as is customary for a 4-star hotel. We chose not to have breakfast at the hotel because there is an El Corte Ingles just around the corner with many options for a lot less money. The hotel is in an excellent location, just a 10-15 min walk from the Gran Via.

A lovely location for easy access to central Madrid.
    • Comfort Double Room

Slow lifts. Could not walk all the way down to reception by stairs, not good if you want the exercise or don't like lifts.

The local very excellent. The room was good.

Disappointing. I have stayed in a few courtyard hotels in the UK and they have been far nicer
    • Comfort Double Room

The hotel is situated on a cross roads and we stayed for 4 nights and struggled to sleep. The city is very noisy and the window glass is very thin. Therefor all you here is the traffic and sirens and the traffic lights that beep when green. The hotel is also quite dated. Our room was old and had cracked door frames, frayed carpets and the shower took 5 minutes to heat up. The location in terms of metro access is perfect and right near the centre (10 minute walk) however if you like a peaceful nights sleep and a modern hotel this isn’t best for you. Our floor was on the 14th (top) and it was very loud.

Would have expected more from a Marriott chain hotel.
    • Comfort Double Room

First room had a cracked window and courtain "repaired" duct tape (see photo). And it was a twin even though the reservation was for a king size bed. The second one was slightly better, even though the hotel needs real investments.

Overall it was good stay
    • Comfort Double Room

Few rooms floor was not clean, need refurnishing. One of the lady staff shown attitude as if we are there for their favor. AC control is confusing.

Location was excellent! Most staffs were helpful. Breakfast was fine. One front desk officer was gentle. Metro is right in front. Lots of food joint around. Plaza Espania, Gran Via, Sol all at walking distance .

As a frequent traveler, I have seen better and wouldn't like to pay for anything like this again.
    • Comfort Double Room

The only thing 'Marriott' about the hotel is the size. Our room was a bit shabby, needs redecorating. We could not have descent shower and bed was uncomfortable.

Breakfast was very good. Most of the kitchen staff were friendly. Good location for the city.

It was a good hotel and is good value for your money.
    • Comfort Double Room

Nothing about the hotel. It is just that Madrid is a big city so it is quite a walk to the major landmarks.

The rooms were spacious and clean. Amenities like coffee and tea in the room was okay.

Nice staff- good room size- good location- reasonable...
    • Comfort Double Room

No minibar- no 4star room items- shared Gym and swimming pool with another company- no proper coffee

Nice staff- good room size- good location- reasonable quality breakfast

very pleasant
    • Comfort Double Room

The bed in the disable room was rather low so an extra mattress had to be placed on top of the original mattress to make the bed a little higher and make it easier to get off the bed. Also it would be wise to place a shower curtain between shower and rest of bath room to avoid water spraying from the shower to bathroom floor.

Very poor condition with musty room
    • Comfort Double Room

Inconsistency of providing utilities such missing cups, toilet papers, body soap, toothbrushes , face towel....one day you get next day you don’t. Have to phone housekeeping to deliver each time. Wallpaper torn not fixed. Asked for house slippers nothing as they ran out. Location is fantastic with supermarket only 2 mins away. Nil complimentary mineral water given after your first arrival as confirmed by staff that we need to purchase after d first day of checked in.

Nil

Excellent, fabulous city with lovely people
    • Comfort Double Room

We were disappointed with the sauna (not very effective) and facilities in that we were not provided with robes in room. There are three check in desks albeit one is dedicated to Elite clients but only one person always checking in and out this was also for any enquiries so queues quickly formed.

The location of the hotel, very comfortable spacious room, free wifi. We were on the 9th floor with fabulous views of the city, maybe time of year but the lift was always available too. Arguelles metro station right outside also taxi rank although city centre within easy walking distance. Definitely stay here again.

Loved it all!
    • Comfort Double Room

Even though the Hotel is perfectly located, it's on a noisy street so ask for a quiet room in advance.

Everything. Excellent value for money, perfect location, copious breakfast, pleasant staff. No complaints!

Great location but old and stuffy room
    • Comfort Double Room

The room was hot and stuffy. The air conditioning was not good and minimum temperature was 19 degrees celsius. You must request reception to open the window because it is locked. The carpet was very dirty and needs to be replaced. Pillows could be more comfortable.

The location is great and beside the metro stop. Shops and cafes are nearby and an easy walk to Gran Via or Plaza de España. The staff were helpful and polite.

Choose an alternative hotel!
    • Comfort Double Room

I was appalled at the condition of our room. The reception area leads you to believe the hotel is modern with up to date facilities. This is far from the case! The air con in our bedroom did not work & we were advised that it was not possible to make the air cold. We were unable to open a window and Maintenance had to be called to open the window with an Allen key. We had to request to change rooms as the toilet broke and did not flush. Reception sent maintenance up to repair, however this was only temporary and it broke again. They sent maintenance up to repair again but yet again it broke. There appeared to be a problem with the pump and there was a constant sound of running water. I thought reception would have suggested an alternative room but I had to demand this. We were eventually given another room which was a smoking room. As a non smoker this was disappointing as I knew the room would smell of smoke. We were told that this was the only room left available. The room stank of smoke, the carpet was heavily stained and the wallpaper was lifting off the wall. The ceiling of the corridor leading to the room was also badly stained. This hotel is far from the standards that I expected from a mariott hotel. I was extremely disappointed with the level of customer service, condition of the bedrooms and the condition of the common areas in the hotel (apart from ground floor - reception area). This is sub standard to any Mariott hotel I have ever stayed in

Breakfast & location were the only good things about our stay.

Love Madrid great hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

No sky news. Plenty of channels but with exception of cnn news no English speaking channels. Also no longlife milk only powdered with tea/coffee.

Close to centre of city and to metro. Staff very helpful and accommodating on arrival. Booked in 90 minutes prior to schedule. Room spacious and clean. Shower and bath first class. Twin beds both very comfortable. Nice view from window over the city.

Browse Courtyard by Marriott Madrid Princesa traveller photo gallery