Reviews of Exe Cristal Palace 4 stars

Diputació, 257, Eixample, 08007 Barcelona, Spain

#320 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

Terrible service. No air conditioner and staff said they had no room. Only changed my room after I told them I would post my review. I still post it to avoid other bad service and terrible maintenance of air conditiones

• Basic Double Room

Well, first things first the room did not have toilet brush. Moreover, we had a problem with the room keycard during the first 2 days but then they replaced them. Another thing was that the refrigerator's door was not working properly.

The bed was extremely comfortable and big. The room was clean. The location is great. Everything was nearby.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

It was pricey for us, given that the actual facilities were basic, however, we selected this hotel for its location, (in a safe but expensive area), and security.

Located in a safe part of town with excellent links by public transport and car parking. Mid size rooms, spotlessly clean and comfortable beds. Staff were attentive and spoke excellent English. La Rambla, just 40 metres away gave us hundreds of eateries of high quality.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Great location away from the hustle and bustle of Las Ramblas. Lots of restaurant options nearby. Room was nice and clean and the staff were friendly.

• Basic Double Room

Giving twin beds to a couple made a romantic getaway difficult with a huge chasm widening between the beds.

I liked the small bottles of water left every morning by the maid. The location was very good and handy to the metro.

• Basic Double Room

Couldn’t accommodate an early check in, despite a specific request. Not usually an issue, but I was only in Barcelona for one day, so not ideal on the day.

Very central location, and room and balcony were lovely.

The electricity went off for a long time one morning, which meant I couldn't finish getting reading, the breakfast was cold and in the dark. It would have been nice to have been refunded for at least the breakfast.

The bed was comfy and the shower was good.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Staff does not speak good English. I would recommend for a four star hotel for them also to be able to recommend places to eat around. Internet off and on. Very thin walls between rooms and very challenging if you have Noisy neighbours.

Location, breakfast, cleanliness.

The room was on the small side. There were ants in the room - partially my fault as I left open cookies package on the desk. Still it was left in the morning - they were there in the evening. Staff was very apologetic about this and promised to fix it immediately -it was my last day so I don't know if they did. Otherwise the hotel and the room were perfectly clean,

Location couldn't be better if you are interested in walking around the city. Staff was very helpful with leaving luggage at their store room for few hours before and after my stay. Got very very nice terrace. The bar in the lobby is comfy and has pleasant view of the street.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

no Iron, No tea facility in the room and the room service stops 5 pm. and if you do order food take an hour to get to the room as the food menu is from some restaurant some where far. No Air conditioning in the room only heaters in the hot weather and if the windows are left open its too noisy as there a lot of motor bikes and rubbish collection at 4 am right outside way too noisy when the windows are closed.

good location

• Basic Double Room

Staff was slightly short and busy at times. Staff at the reception did not have a good idea of the opening hours of places of interest at Easter

Good balance of food and everything was OK to good. We did not eat every breakfast and it is better to pay at the hotel rather than booking via any booking.

• Basic Double Room

It says it has air conditioning and it doesn’t!! It has heating in “winter” and air con apparently in “summer”. I visited in spring and they couldn’t (or wouldn’t) switch the air con on despite multiple people complaining that it was too hot

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Our room and the room next to it had a door between the hallways, and that door was not at all sound proofed, so we could hear everything the other guests said and did. Pretty annoying. The breakfast was ok, but not great. Also the bathtub was not very clean.

Fastest and easiest check-in we’ve ever experienced! Nice and friendly staff. The hotel is situated just a few minutes from Placa Catalunya, and there are many good restaurants nearby. Our room was spacious and the view was ok from the 6th floor. Barcelona is a noisy city but the windows were quite good at dampening those noises. The bed was very large and comfortable. We appreciated the complimentary water bottles we got every day. Barcelona tap water is full of clorine so you have to buy bottled water to drink.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Definitely not a 4-Star hotel. We changed three rooms in the hotel: - Rooms need a proper renovation, furniture is shabby and looks different from how it is represented on the photos - Breakfast was not delicious - Noisy - Bathrooms smell with canalisation - There is no toilet brush (???) - Smoking, although the hotel rooms are non-smoking

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The only drawback for us was that Sunday morning there was no option for us to order coffee since the bar was closed which we didn't expect from a 4 star hotel.

The location is supreme and it's a good value for mooney. The room was nice, clean and spacious enough compared to most of the rooms of the hotels in Barcelona city center. There is a metro station next to the hotel and Plaza Cataluna is just 2 min walking distance.

• Basic Double Room

It was very basic, no frills stay. That’s okay so long as the price stays where it is.

Very comfortable king size bed. Originally received two twin sized beds pushed together which I didn’t like but they switched this for me. The welcome glass of champagne was a nice touch.

• Basic Double Room

Staff were amazing and couldn’t do enough. Room was lovely although lighting a little dark. Very clean. Safe didn’t work. Breakfast and bar was lovely

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

No kettle in the room Room a bit hot Room too dark

Bed comfortable Bathroom big GREAT LOCATION Staff helped with bookings and printing pf external activities

• Basic Double Room

the false two-bed room (instead of one double bed, they use two single beds together) isn't very comfortable for couples the rooms' walls are too thin

• Basic Double Room

The heating temperature is poor in the winter. Maybe need swipe system for entry to hotel after midnight.

Beds are very comfy hotel is clean staff are friendly and helpful. Room was ready 30 mins early on arrival.location is good very close to shops restaurants and tourist attractions.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Bathroom is in a very bad condition, shower is leaking,shower glass wall is cracked and dangerously shaking, heater is not working. Not enough light in the room.

• Basic Double Room

I went with my partner for the weekend. The stay was fine but it was little things that weren’t up to scratch. The double bed was two single beds pushed together that kept sliding apart. There were items in the mini bar that had been drank and hidden behind full items. The jacuzzi jets on the bath didn’t work. The staff on reception were very nice but quite slow so there was a lot of standing around at both check in and check out. I checked in before my partner and he couldn’t get up to our room because staff had entered my name wrong on their system.. small details that alone wouldn’t bother me but they added up. I wasn’t asked on check out how our stay was either... The location was really central and the breakfast was good.

• Basic Double Room

The location was excellent and I have to say that the stuff were perfect, i was really impressed by how friendly and professional they were. They allowed for late check in on Sunday which on a rainy day is very much appreciated and even gave us a welcome cupon for coffee or cava in their cafe. Overall, a great experience.

• Basic Double Room

A very nice hotel just in the heart of Barcelona.Everything was right, the room, the breakfast but especialy the location.The hotel is close to restaurants, bars, shopping area, buses.

• Double or Twin Room with Terrace

They did not clean the room properly. I stayed for 5 days and experienced poor quality of cleaning everyday. Not enough trash bin (only one and very small in bathroom).

I like the location which is very central with easy access to many things

• Basic Double Room

Brilliant stay, room must of been upgraded to a suite free of charge on arrival, as it was way more than we expected! Jacuzzi bath, living area and walk in shower. Lovely hotel in great location.

• Basic Double Room

Air coniditioning didnt work under 25 degrees so had to open the windows for a cool breeze. Breakfast absolutely terrible, poor choice. Glad I didn’t pay the extra for breakfast every morning. Walls very thin could hear next door walking around, closing doors etc.

Bed super comfy. Location perfect for walking to different bars, resteraunts and shops.

• Basic Double Room

Inside the room, there was a lack of amenities, such as slippers and kettle to name a few. It was no issue to call to the reception and have them bring up the items but it was a given that it should have been in the room. Overall I have to say there was nothing that made me dislike the hotel, it was just a matter of convenience.

We were expecting to stay in one of their smaller rooms but upon checking in we realised we had been upgraded to some kind of suit. Very spacious. Dedicated staff

• Basic Double Room

Myself and my partner stayed here for two nights for his 30th birthday. The hotel is in a great location, a two-minute walk to La Rambla and Plaça de Catalunya where we got the Aerobus to and from the airport. There are loads of restaurants, cafes, shops, etc. nearby. The room was clean and spacious, the Wi-Fi was excellent throughout the hotel, and the staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. We arrived at the hotel at 10am and check-in wasn’t until 3pm. The staff at the desk stored our luggage free of charge for the day. This was very convenient as we didn’t have to carry them around all day and it was easier to explore the city without them. As it was my partners 30th birthday, we were upgraded to a room on the 9th floor with a balcony and a great view, and they left a complimentary bottle of Cava in the room too. We got an extra blanket free of charge as the nights can get quite cool in January. Overall, a great stay, and I will recommend this hotel to my friends travelling to Barcelona.

My coffee was underwhelming and I was disappointed my whirlpool bath did not perform.

The buffet breakfast was good and included a nice selection of hot and cold items such as fresh fruits, meats, cheeses and pastries and bacon with sausages and scrambled eggs or tortilla. My cappuccino unfortunately was not particularly hot or strong. Perhaps I should have chosen another drink. Staff offered to fetch items for me. My room had a whirlpool bath but unfortunately this would not work. My bed and pillows were comfortable and a room service menu offered me an option to change to a different pillow type. I did not request a change as I was happy with what I had and therefore cannot rate this service. My minibar was replenished within a few minutes of requesting supplies. Hotel reception were very efficient and helpful including phoning my taxi pickup for me. I was a solo traveller and this hotel was very suitable for me. Within 5 -7 minutes walk were la Pedrera, Casa Batllo, metro access and access to day excursions.

• Double or Twin Room with Terrace

The room wasn’t cleaned and made up so when I returned i had to ask for the towels etc to be refreshed. No sockets by the bed for charging mobiles. One of the sliding doors for the wardrobe was extremely difficult to open. The same problem with the sliding door to the terrace and ar one end the handle was broken, In addition ehen i made it out there, incessant noise from work nearbby in day time This was my second time at the hotel and I was so disappointed especially as it was for my birthday. Although they provided gluten free bread and tiny croissants they were not cooked and awful. The staff at breakfast and the lady who came for the bathroom were very kind. Not enough information given at reception.as the restaurant had been marked as closed before I came but the bar and restaurant seemed to be open.

The bed was very large and comfortable

• Basic Double Room

The photos are not like the room. When we first got there they put us on a room with 2 single beds without asking me. They said the hotel was fully booked. They expected guests to go with what they want. I had to argue with management to get a good. The breakfast choice is very limited. The price is high comparing to what you get.

Location is excellent. 2 mins away from the metro. Within a walking distance from everywhere. Clean

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

really not a 4 star, but a 3+ budget business hotel. only facility was a breakfast room, and a snack bar next door. lobby was small and only place children can 'hang out': Hotel is really suited for business traveller for sleep and passable breakfast

very good staff, close to transport, restaurants, shopping, the rambla, everything in room worked, comfortable beds, price was reasonable given xmas and new year, street generally quiet, some minor gluten free bread and muffins for breakfast

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

the room service should allow you to order food that’s less than 20€. I wanted to order a salad for myself and They said they couldn’t send it because i needed to order a minimum of 20€ in food.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Sometimes noisy and very little isolation in the rooms, little facility, definitely not a four star hotel, could use some renovation.

Great location, comfortable beds, friendly staff, value for money

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Lighting is not sufficient enough, quite dark in the room

The breakfast was very good, staff were friendly and helpful. Location was very handy on all the shops including the high end at paseo de Gràcia.

I stayed in a single room on 7th floor. The room was tiny, not very clean and with a single window looking into the air shaft.

Location is perfect, breakfast was also very good.

• Basic Double Room

For 5 days eating the same breakfast. But it is ok, the staff was helpful and friendly.

The location is closed to the Metro Ps Gracia, one min walk. And If you take aerobus that stop at Pl Catalunya, it is 2 blocks, with a luggage to drag along, it took less than 10 mins. Staff are welcoming and housekeeping was great keeping the rooms in excellent condition.

• Basic Double Room

Couple of inconveniences: We couldn't figure out the heating system in the room and was very cold at night and no extra blankets were available. The housekeeping entered the room in the morning without even knocking the door.

Very friendly staff and everything was OK during our stay. Huge balcony was nice! Metro very easily reachable and direct connection to Airport with Renfe R2 Nord. Nice area with lots of restaurants and bars!

• Basic Double Room

Extra comfy bed and a true queen mattress! Large bathroom with double vanity and jetted tub. Excellent front desk staff who upgraded our standard room to a penthouse room with a huge balcony!

• Basic Double Room

The bathroom was disgusting, the only way to ‘ventilate’ the air was to open a window that was connected to the piping system. I assume that is the reason why the bathroom had mold and smeled like mold. The heating system was not working, and in the night there were 6 degrees (C) outside.

Nice staff, very good location, easy to arrive from the airport to the hotel, breakfast was quite OK.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The breakfast can be improved, the variety was not the best. But this is just a small detail, in general we had a very convenient stay.

The room was very nice and comfortable. Hotel is very close to main tourist attractions but it is still at a quiet street. Staff was friendly and helpful. We felt welcome and we had a very smooth stay.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We got a Suite instead of triple room, which made our stay excellent and much more comfortable. The suite was big and nicely firnished. Comfortable beds, too.The staff was very friendly. There are many good restaurants just around the corner of the street.

Leaving hotel.

Great city location. Close to La Ramble. Huge market in La rambla. Lovely restaurant s. Police very friendly & helpful. Close to all public transport .....taxis very cheap. Magic fountain & Cyclo tour nearby. Monaterat is a must. Great shopping centre 7 story close to hotel. 40 mts to beach .

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We would have liked tea/coffee available in the room, particularly as we had to leave for the airport before breakfast time and there was no breakfast room service.

The location was perfect and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Basic Double Room

The lighting in rooms could be upgraded.

The location of this hotel is just suberb, wich lies between Rambla de Catalunya and Passeig de Gracia. The rooms are really spacious compared to other hotels in the area.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Room wasn't properly lighted, very small despite I paid a handsome amount of money on booking. 3rd bed was the sofa because of which my family wasn't able even to open the window curtains.

Only the hotel location was good which was in the heart of the tourist location with shops shop and shops. Near metro station and taxi available most of the time.

• Basic Double Room

I didn't really liked the scrambled eggs at the breakfast ...didn't taste right for me or maybe I'm just too spoiled

The hotel itself very cute! Nice lobby very friendly and attentive staff Rooms spacious enough We had a little issue but the manager was so good and professional that he sort it out straight away! So big gracias to him:) The breakfast is good enough. Tasty coffee and pastries:) Location is 10/10 we really enjoyed staying here! Only was missing a bit of spa or little swimingpool. But overal great experience!

• Basic Double Room

Location at Passeig de Gracia is just excellent. You can walk down to La Rambla or just take the subway L3 from next corner to hotel room. Surrounded by Gaudi hallmark buildings, stores, restaurants and everything you’d need to make tour stay amazing.

• Basic Double Room

The hotel claims to be a four star hotel but it doesn't really live up to that. There were two elvators but one was broken. Breakfast was ok but not more. Signs were also taped askew to the walls which i don't expect at a four star hotel . When i pulled out my charger from the socket, the socket almost fell out.

The room was big and the beds very comfy. Location is very central.

The room was very quiet despite the location, staff were helpful and very friendly. Close to restaurants, cafes, bars and most local attractions in Barcelona.

• Basic Double Room

The breakfast was not good, but there was a cheaper better place just next door. The bed was surprisingly uncomfortable. No mattress cover so you feel every bump on the mattress. I have the name of the mattress manufacturer permanently engraved on my butt. We had to kick the door to get it open. If you would like to know what the people in the next room thought about their vacation, no problem. The walls are paper thin. The A/C was sometimes cold, sometimes not, always musty. The WIFI was a disaster. Spotty and slow. I had to go downstairs to the office and plug in ethernet just to load a webpage. The staff was great, they tried everything to help.

The neighborhood is perfect. You are right off La Rambla so it is a :30 second walk there without the noise of people all around your hotel at night. The staff was very helpful. We had a medical issue and they were great.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The airconditioner was not working properly. It was very hot and uncomfortable. We informed the front desk , the sent a technician but they didnt do anything other than check the vent. They said it would cool in a few minutes. It never did. We had four rooms because we were a family of 11 in our group and all our rooms were HOT!

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Someone smoking in one of the rooms (got smell through airconditioner on day 3 of our stay).

Location is good for walking to most of the sites in Barcelona and shopping.

• Basic Double Room

the cleanliness of the room was bad. the toilet were mouldy. the room was too dim and dark. the aircon was not cold enough despite we made a complaint to the management. no kettle, no mugs and spoon for drinking, no toothbrush despite being a 4 stars hotel. no room slippers. blankets were just bed sheet which was not comfotable at all!

The staffs were nice and breakfast was OK

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Everything this must be the worst hotel in Barcelona. The online pictures are not true to life Poor quality hotel

We liked nothing about this hotel. Staff was not very helpful the hotel does not deserve 4 star bed sheets smelled bathroom had mould furniture old and stained we had to check out next day to alternative hotel and suffered cancellation fee The hotel should refund the fee and breakfast was awful too

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The rooms where not exactly clean. I asked once to the cleaning person to come back and hover the floor. It was not being cleaned and under the beds it was quite dirty. The beds were quite confortable tough.

The staff there is really friendly and helpful.

• Basic Double Room

The bathroom was not well maintained. It was clean but the flush kept on leaking. The bath had rusty fittings. No issues with water pressure or use of bathroom.

The location. Reception has helpful people. Rooms are good sized

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Terrace

i specifically asked for a hotel with airconditoning and unfortunately the weather was hot during the afternoon and some evenings and when I requested the use of the A/C they said that it wasn't possible and it would take a technician a week to have it turned on. This was a very strange answer and not acceptable in fact, if it wasnt for the fact that we had paid for the whole vacation I was seriously considering moving the hotel in front of your hotel, because they had a room with a terrace and their a/c was working.

The beds and pillows were comfy. The terrace was wide and great for relaxing on.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

See above!

Did not clean room 2 of 6 days. Hard to use electronics since normal 220 vollt-to-110 volt transformers didn't fit their one outlet in the room (which wasn't near the desk). the bed was merely two twin beds next to one another.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Basic Double Room

It is small detail however better to mention that the bathroom was tired and it should be renovated.

Staff at the reception is so kind and helpful that they corrected their minor mistake in my first day with a room upgrade following day. The location is at the heart of the downtown and the most popular restaurants are nearby the hotel. Similarly, it takes 5 minutes walk to the metro which goes to the famous touristic attractions.

• Basic Double Room

SOME breakfast were inattentive and DID NOT serve our basic requests in spite of several reminders - ketchup, knife and warm up the grilled vegetables. Duty manager was hopeless. Very disappointed with the breakfast service !!!!!! no tea and coffee in room

hotel location reception service hot showers

Our room was on the front of the hotel with no air conditioner, so we had to have the windows open and the road was so loud we could barely sleep.

Rooms were a good size, clean, and comfortable. Staff was great.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The room was not clean. noisy from inside and outside. Furniture need to be renvated. The garage is very small and look more like a storage room. Except for the location the hotel is overpriced and overrated.

Fantastic location

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Room was very small. (This is just a statement of fact, not a complaint.) I needed a bed to sleep in, and they gave a clean, modern place to do so. Just in a very tiny room. :D

Thoroughly modern hotel. Very clean. Very good price for right downtown. They upgraded me to a room with a veranda.

• Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Don't be fooled by the 4 stars, this hotel does not live up to it. The hotel is ok, but not a 4 star. -The room was pretty worn. The slide doors to the terrace had broken handles and one of the doors didn't close. -Lack of information; We didn't receive any information about time and location of breakfast etc at check-in. We arrived a little early and our room was not ready so we left our luggage and went out to come back an hour later. Maybe this is the reason why the information was lost. -Problems with toilet; We had problems with the flush on the toilet. We first had to use the toilet bin and fill it with water to flush the toilet. They sent a guy to fix it and it got a little better but not really good. Also there were no toilet brush, which is just horrible. -No cattle to cook water. -No AC or fan, so the temperature was a bit high during night. -It was over all cleaned properly in the room but there was a thick layer of dust under the bed. The glass doors were really dirty. -The bed sheets had raptures.

+The location is great. Very close to the airbus stop and the metro. La Rambla is just 50 meters from the entrance. +We booked a room with terrace on the 9th (highest) floor, which was nice. The terrace is big and had a table with two chairs and one sun bed. Since we stayed on the 9th floor we had sun on the terrace most of the day. +Bed was comfortable. They had a pillow menu, but we didn't see that until the last day so we missed out the opportunity to choose pillows. I wish they would have told us about the pillow menu when checking in. The pillows we got was not bad so it was ok. +Breakfast was really priceworthy, a lot to choose from both hot and cold. Espresso machine! +Personal was friendly. +Fast elevator +The wi-if was fast and stable. Not something you can take for granted when staying at hotels, but this wi-if was great.

• Double or Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Rooms too small , house keeping needs to be upgraded and more control of lobby in terms of security as a friend got robbed ( passport and money )

Location and friendliness of staff also very helpful

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Basic Double Room

Mattress was very firm and felt the springs. The staff were extremely unhelpful. On a double bed one mattress was about 8 inches higher than the other!

Good breakfast and ambience

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The walls between each room were a bit thin so we had to hear the noises of next room while we were at bed.

Very nice and friendly staffs. Rooms were wide enough traveling with 2kids and me for the price.

• Basic Double Room

The room was like a greenhouse, with a large wall size windows. The cleanness of the room wasn't for a 4 star hotel.

The location was really nice if you like just hanging around the city center.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Basic Double Room

The room is quite small.

Very well placed, everything is close while no marginal public like at La Rambla. Comfortable room. Good breakfast. Overall - good value for money.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Basic Double Room

Staff and facilities were amazing! There was also a little tapas and bar (brand new) just opended attached to the hotel which is also amazing for a quick drink or tapas, hotel was so clean and bedroom was perfect! Could not fault this hotel at all, definitely be staying here again and will also recommend to friends

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Basic Double Room

Cockroach in the bath tub on second last night made me question cleanliness of the hole room. No double beds just 2 single beds pusher together and kept sliding apart during the night.

Location is everything with this hotel! It's right were you want to be lots of bars and restaurants only around the corner

• Basic Double Room

The view from the window wasn't great. But hey no one is there for the view of the window.

Liked the set up in the room. Nice comfortable beds with very helpful staff

• Basic Double Room

The rooms has no light. You can't see you luggage let alone read a book. our first room had 2 broken light bulbs and we had to call the reception three times until someone came to check it out. Plus, the chair in the room was broken. The other room that they moved us to also had broken light bulb.... Some of the spoons and plates were quite dirty and one time there wasn't any hot water which was a bit bummer and we were told to wait.

The location is excellent!! This is the main advantage of the hotel. It's also very quite and the street is safe at night The breakfast was good and most of the stuff was very nice while there were few disavantages, if the price is good you should stay here

Browse Exe Cristal Palace traveller photo gallery