Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal 3 stars

Diagonal, 161, Sant Martí, 08018 Barcelona, Spain

#191 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

They don't have tea and coffee in the room, you have to order room service for one free one per day, which is clumsy and not convenient very early morning (for example). Single beds pushed together and made up as two single beds is a unfortunate trend repeated here too.

Friendly staff and very good shower. Good location for the Forum, and local area is nice.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Everything was good, except that the room cleaning was always performed in the afternoon, which I personally preferred to be done in the morning. I wish some snacks was provided in the fridge rather than just water, but not a big deal!

Professional staff, I was treated in a fantastic way. All the basic facilities were provided in the room. Wonderful breakfast with fresh pastry and fruits. I loved the coffee machine. Well located in the heart of the city.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The vacuum cleaner very early on the room next to me. But hopefully it only happened once.

Rooms were very clean, and bed very confortable, and amazing view! Breakfast very good as well!

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Tiny hint, towels were a bit more worn then you expect on 4* hotel.

Good hotel with all facilities you need on a business trip. Everything is clean and well maintained. Good location, very short away from public transports.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

I made my reservation in January this year. I emphasized that I would like to have a room on the upper floor with a view to Sagrada Familia. But, instead of that , I got a room on the first floor with a view to the back street. This is my third visiting to this hotel, and I always got a room with the view. If there was a difference with the price I think you should have let me know in advance.

everything was perfect

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Quieter area with good local bars and restaurants. Hotel clean and staff were all very pleasant. Even surprised me with a small cake and note on my birthday. Good transport links with Glories metro station a 5 minutes walk away. Would definitely recommend.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The room facing the big road is super noisy at night; can't sleep the whole night hearing the cars passing by. And I can hear the noise from the corridor also. The air condition is also noisy. I had to switch it off.

The staff is very friendly and nice; the restaurant is not bad.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The room is old, and that is the general feeling of the stay. The bathtub has an old curtain.... I requested double bed and got two single beds. The place was cold. Breakfast is just ok, not what I would expect from this kind of hotel.

The gym in the roof top is worth a morning run, overseeing the sunrise in the beautiful city of Barcelona.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The room air conditioning can’t be set below 22 degrees! There was a power cut a couple of times during my stay. Rooms can be small for two people for long day.

Friendly staff. Public transport is in the vicinity.

• Preferred Room

- lack of shoehorn in the room - very slow coffee machine in the restaurant lead to a queue

- excellent bed - reception service - restaurant staff

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

lively neighbourhood in El Poblenou, on weekends music and loud conversation noises might disturb your sleep, hotel floors need some renovation

great staff (helpful, friendly, genuine attitude), good internet connection, comfortable bed, lively neighbourhood El Poblenou with lots of F&B and shopping possibilities, walking distance to the Beach Bogatell about 15 min., walking distance to the train station Glòries about 5 min. where you can easily reach the city center via Plaça de Catalunya

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

There was a confusion about my bed preference because I think booking.com didn't send this information to the hotel and that is why my room was prepared with wrong configuration of beds. But the trainee guy came to rescue and got it right.

The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff was very polite and helpful. There was a guy who had "Trainee" written on his jacket and he was really nice in his work. They should hire him for fulltime as he is really good at what he does.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Had a little hiccup with a refund that took quite a long time to be processed. Took a few phone calls to get resolved, but eventually was!

Great location, straight walk to the beach with plenty of good eateries along the way. Clean rooms, friendly staff and good facilities.

• Preferred Room

I booked for 7 nights (22/8-29) 2 rooms at Euro 219 per room. I extended the stay for 3 nights (29/8-1/9), the hotel charged me Euro 163 per room. You have overcharged me, next time I will book directly with hotel.

friendly staff and nice breakfast

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The cleaners were very noisy outside our room and could have maybe closed the door of the room they were cleaning while they were cleaning. This woke us up on our final morning when we wanted to lie in but it wasn't the end of the world.

Manuel and Simone in the bar were fantastic. Great service, made to feel very welcome and we were very well taken care of.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

I really don't understand why anyone would consider that 2 small mattresses and a topper on top form a king size mattress. This should not happen in such a hotel. Every hotel manager that decides that this is OK should sleep in the middle for two nights and see if it is OK or not. As it was really uncomfortable to sleep on those 2 mattresses, we asked the staff to change our room and we got another room with a king size bed. Another aspect regarding the comfort was the noise. We got our rooms facing both streets, in the second floor. The were both equally noisy. If you are a light sleeper you will wake up many times during the night.

The staff was really friendly and helped us with everything. Hotel is in an area with lots of small restaurants. The room was clean.

• Preferred Room

I booked comfort room and requested double bed, it was given 2 separate single beds joined together. Room not sound proofing, we were able to hear our neighbors chat and discussion even fight in early morning while asleep.

Breakfast. Friendly staff

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Maybe it's not you who decides, but I think scale in the lobby for measuring the luggage should be free. 1 euro for each bag is quite high. I don't really understand why guests should pay for such a basic and important thing.

This hotel answers all the needs of a traveller. It's located in a quiet area where noise will not disturb you at night, on top of that the windows offer great sound insulation. Metro station is 10 minutes away from the Hotel, Bus 7 stops right in front of the entrance which is very convenient. You will find a big shopping Mall "Glorias" just opposite the road, which seemed to me better than city malls as it's not crowded. What I really enjoyed was the beautiful boulevard going to one of the cleanest beaches in Barcelona "Bogatel". The service in the hotel was amazing, especially front desk. Big Thank to Mr. German who was so helpful since the first minute I came. He answered all my questions with a professionalism and smile until my departure. Also one of room service staff (unfortunately I didn't see his name) was super fast and nice to us, his english was very good which made me feel more understood. The room looks minimalistic but cozy. If comfortable bed and hot shower is what you need after a long walking day, you will be more than happy to stay there. In the previous comments I was reading about the iron issue, but Housekeeping let me use it for 10 days with no problem. Internet connection was the fastest I had in hotels ever, probably because I was living on the second floor. Generally I'm very happy I chose this Hotel and thank you again for making my stay so wonderful!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

I booked for 6 nights and the breakfast were the same everyday. The hotel hallway and the room are a bit old and look like in need for renovation unlike the pictures. But the bathroom is very bright and spacious. The room temperature was too cold and couldn't be adjusted. I stayed at Four Points in other cities, the room were bigger and newer so it's a bit disappointing. There were no kettle and ceramic cups provided for coffee in my room but only paper cups!!?? With the same amount of money I could get better facilities at other hotels. Room services couldn't be reached at night.

Staff were really nice and friendly. The hotel has its advantage in location. The tram station is right outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

there were inconsistencies everyday after cleaning of the room: 1) No bottled water for 2 days in a row even after we called to remind 2) Used towels were not removed after the clean ones had been put in 3) Coffee powder and milk had not been replenished on a daily basis (even at checked in) The breakfast was always the same and we had that for 7 mornings suggest: a change in the breakfast menu at least 2 -3 times / week

staff was very helpful, polite and efficient. Really appreciated the early check in as requested. We stayed for a total of 7 Nights Rooms were clean and made up early in the day.

• Preferred Room

No tea or coffee facility. No mini bar. Bar downstairs did not have large selection of drinks. Barman poor in comprehending a simple drink like lemon lime & bitters. Room with a view was really not room with a view as shown in voucher. Staff at hotel said "not my fault" when highlighted that mini bar does not exist.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

(1) Mildew in tub/shower. (2) Staff removed the printer from the business center and substituted a procedure to email airline boarding passes to the hotel, whereupon they would print them upon request. (3) Room was noisy despite my request for a "quiet room," not enough sound proofing, recommend installing carpeting. (4) Breakfast was unavailable on day of departure since I had to leave at 6:50 am to get to airport (breakfast service didn't begin until 7:00), hotel refused to refund the 15 euro charge, info about hours of breakfast service was not provided on booking.com, otherwise I would have booked the hotel without breakfast for this date. (5) On second day, hotel did not make up room until after I complained at 3:00 pm.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Through booking.com, I specifically requested a "quiet room" with one large bed. Instead, the hotel assigned me perhaps the noisiest room in the hotel (Room 311), and the street noise (cars, motorcycles, trash collection truck, other trucks and buses) kept me up all night. The wood flooring in the room simply reflected, rather than absorbed, the noise. As a result, my immune system was lowered, and I caught a cold, which ruined the rest of the 2-week trip. The food at breakfast was not worth the 15 euros charge, and was only barely passable.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Preferred Room

The size of the room and a double bed. We were a bit disappointed that the room did not have room for a chair other than the desk chair. We would have enjoyed having the extra chair to provide us the chance to sit and talk after a long day of walking and taking in the sites and sounds of Barcelona.

At first the location was a bit difficult because it was a distance to the major attractions; however, after becoming familiar with the surroundings, we were very pleased because of the neighborly people and being more in touch with the culture and living of the people of Barcelona. When we made the trip into the center of the city (Catalunya square) and La Ramblas, we were somewhat uncomfortable with the mass of people and the rushing, pushing, shoving, etc. We were happy NOT to have the noise and hustle bustle of too many tourists and this made the location of the hotel much more acceptable and enjoyable. Recommend those who chose this hotel be prepared to walk the neighborhood streets and learn to use the Metro system.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Temperature control. Air conditioning was not working. Even you keep temperature at 20 degree room was very hot.

Location and room layout, curtesy staff.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Super nice staff. Gave partner a rose for St, George's Day. Spanish tradition. 10 minute walk from major transportation hub. Adjacent to a street with 5 blocks of local restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Room had a "cigarette" smoke smell to it after the cleaner had been each day so we had to open the window. Room was non smoking so we thought this was odd.

Reception area was clean , colourful and nice. Room was basic style as we chose this and were happy. View was another building which was ok as we were out most of the time. Bathroom items included shampoo , conditioner , body lotion , soap and hair comb...a shower cap would have been handy yet you can call house keeping for items that are not in your room / bathroom.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Situated 30mins away from most attractions by public transport and with connections only running every 20mins or so we had to take many taxis at 8-10euro per trip which added to our budget. Room A/C temperature adjustment was problematic (too cold) and street was too noisy to have windows open instead.

Reception Staff was very friendly, well informed and helpful. Everything we needed could be catered for.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

I had asked for a king size bed and there was actually two twin beds put together otherwise everything was excellent.

I love that beautiful view that room was very clean and the bathroom was very modern and very clean

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The key card messed up everyday

Everything was actually great, especially their TV channels which they provided. i Was able to enjoy Barcelona and come back to a comfortable bed with great TV, great wifi, great staff and all in a nice location, and then wake up to a refreshing and delightful breakfast

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Breakfast. The same cheeses and cold cuts every day. The same sausages and scrambled eggs every day and nothing else in the warm buffet apart from some bacon. But the biggest fault is that there are no vegetables at all. In a breakfast buffet there should be at least fresh tomatoes. And plus cucumber onions and peppers. And since the hotel is in a Mediterranean country some olives as well. Also some member of the staff were playing the boss to the trainees. I work as a hotel food and beverage manager and it was easy for me to understand some things...

Room ok. Clean and comfortable. Reception staff very good.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The only thing I could think of is that I'm used to the Sheraton or four points have a coffee maker/water boiler in the room. That would have been nice 😊

Awesome hotel! Great location for me, not in the middle of the craziness but close enough. The metro is a 5 min walk, to catalunya and your in the middle of the city where the shops etc are and you can walk to the harbor and the the beach. There is a shopping center cross the street as well with a lot of nice shops and food. Sagrada familia is only a 25 min walk. It's clean, the beds are comfortable, they have a lot of tv channels (almost all in Spanish but watching Ncis LA in Spanish I learned some Spanish..) Bathroom clean and big. There's even a fridge in the room. The air system is also easy to work and silent! Staff very nice, great all together!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

In this hotel a SPG Preferrred GOLD (Amex card) is not recognized so don't expect any special greeting or benefit. I've requested a high floor and SPG reception provided a 3rd floor saying nothing higher was available. Anyway, since I've booked a double and the SPG receptionist gave me twin, when I had to came back down to claim a double room it immediately became available a room at the 5th floor! Poor service

With Booking.com you can get a better price then SPG website During weekend and holidays you can park the car in the street without problem.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The cleaning service was so noisy while doing their duties that we couldn't sleep for long. They shouted at each other to communicate, ruin our sleeping time.

King size cosy mattress that made us feel much comfortable. The comodities were useful, the well-equiped Wilde room let us move around f

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Hotel tricky to find by car, a bit of a faff trying to find car park and hotel via one way system. Subsequently then trying to get car park opened.

Friendliness of staff, service excellent and lovely welcome. Quiet area. Near Metro.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Bike rental should be less expensive.

Nice rooms in a very proper and clean hotel. Hotel has very good connections to the beach and to the old city centre. It is also possible to rent a bike directly at the hotel. Shops, restaurants and bars are at walking distance from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

This location is some distance from the center of activities. We had to take a cab instead of walking to and from the tours we had booked, as well as the restaurants. However, finding a cab was no problem at all, since there was a cab stand right next to the hotel.

The staff was excellent. The front desk staff answered many questions and helped us navigate the city.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Was not convenient to the tours we had previously signed up for. We had to take a cab to our points of interest, but fortunately there was a cab stand immediately next door.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Corner Room

There is no swimming pool but perfect for city break.

The bed was super big (UK super king) and super comfy. Great location for lots of amazing food at a low price.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The restaurant is lovely, staff friendly and food very tasty and good value

• Preferred Room

They charged Restricted OTA euro133.2 per day without explaining what it is.

Good location and facility

Very helpfull stuff.

Not a single thingawesome

Absolutely awesome. Breakfast, location, king size bed

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Great location, near restaurants and shopping. Near the metro stop made for easy access to all sights. Close to the ocean as well.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

An early check in would have been a bonus.

Location, quality of the room & friendly service.

• Executive Room

Location near by CCIB centre and other Business center, Great service and comfort, Staff very welcoming

Nothinh

Stuff

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Great location and friendly staff! Front desk was able to answer any question I had.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

I like the relaxed atmosphere at this hotel. The staff go out of their way to help.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Room could be updated.

Desk staff were exceptionally helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Clean. Comfort. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The staff were always prepared to smile and offer good service at reception and in the bar.

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The location, easy walk to the beach and resteraunts. Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

Close to beach for walking and dining

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

corridor noise as my room is in front the lift. TV kept failing few times until i just sticked listening on the radio

location & staff

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

WIFI was very slow and kept disconnecting.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

A bit of a trek to the city centre.

Huge bed, very comfortable. Reception staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

rooms need fresh-up

friendly personnel

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Executive Room

Very far from everything. Keycards keep unmagnetizing all the time. The gym is small.

A decent hotel. Room service, 24h unmanned gym.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Classic Room (1-2 Adults)

The bed was really confortable, staff was so helpful polite and friendly

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Room not made up on arrival,second room offered did not meet requirements finally upgraded to a better and larger room but this could have had some form of seating.

Helpful staff, very clean and a very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

Room on first floor very, very noisy all through night with traffic. Double glazing might help. Breakfast items could be refilled a little quicker but not a major issue really.

The location, the staff and the facilities were excellent. Two metro stations nearby and ability to walk to the sea. Lovely to be in a quieter location but with very easy access to the centre.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

Breakfast pretty expensive (15EUR)

Personal muy amable, camas muy comfortables. Located outside of the historical center, which worked for me, but might not be what everyone is looking for.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2016

When we arrived, we were told that we have to pay 30 Euro per night for the extra bed ( it was indicated in the booking that it is for 3 persons with Breakfast ). It was waived off after checking with Manager ( something about the booking.com system not correct). The room was on the 1st floor next to the road. You can hear the cars and tram passing by in the day. Curtain was not long enough to cover the street lights. The extra bed mattress was noisy so we did not get much sleep the first night. Informed reception but was not changed when we came back to the room. Managed to change to a different extra bed after calling them again. Taxi stand is behind the hotel so we have to push the bags over when we were leaving. Booked this hotel thinking it is part of Sheraton but was disappointed. If you have only a few days in Barcelona, stay near Catalunya - easy to move around and Metro is centralised.

The receptionists were very helpful. The room was big and spacious ( Corner Room ). Breakfast was the usual and enough. Bottled water is given complimentary each day so is coffee or tea. There are many restaurants around but will need to walk a little. Metro and shopping mall about 5 mins walk away.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

Amazing beds. Friendly staff, happy to help with anything to make your stay more enjoyable. The restaurant is pretty good as well. Not a bad location, 15 min walk to the beach, 5-10 min walk to the subway and a short ride to the old town. Good WiFi connection. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

It's not in 'central' Barcelona but I knew that and it's really quite walkable if you're not too lazy!

Staff friendly and quick to serve. Room a good size. Cleanliness good apart from 1 issue that is probably unavoidable. Location not bad if you don't mind a bit of walking. Close enough to airport train to walk also.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2015

They mentioned on the site that there is a shuttle service to the airport. Indeed, when we came to the reception, we were told that "it will be better for you to use the public transportation or even a taxi - since the shuttle is a luxury service and costs a lot". Not so good taking into the account that we tried to find a hotel with the easy and cheap transfer top airport due to the early departure. At Booking it was shown that this one has this option.

Location is great. Pretty far from the downtown (Rambla, etc) - but there are plenty sightseeings in the area. The entrance to the hotel is exactly on the Rambla de Poblenou - pedestrian walkway to the seaside. Hundreds of restaurants, good district, nice views. There are several really great modern architecture buildings - local City or so. Hotel is new and clean, but design of the rooms is very ascetic. Staff is friendly but not so warm.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

I was expecting an important call and when I picked up the phone it did not work. It continued to ring. I missed an important birthday party which I came early to Barcelona for : (

Staff were fantastic and as helpful as possible.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

For example only first day have my room free coffee card other days they never give althout it is included my booking.it is nothing but promise is promise.

Location was nice.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

I Found out, at the end of my trip, that there was a Tram station just outside the hotel that can take you to Gloris metro station. This could have made my trip a lot easier because the metro station is kind of far. (15 min walk repeatedly every day)

It feels like a luxurious hotel. Located on the intersection of two major streets. Very near various attractions. There is a mall (5 min walk) away with Carrfour store. They hotel rented us bikes which was an amazing experience. Wifi was excellent. I requested a room on high floor that overlooks "Sagrada Familia" & they did exactly what I wanted. Friendly staff. The two young ladies in the reception were very friendly & helpful :) Barcelona is amazing in general, I'd love to go again some day.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

Having arrived after our cruise we found the hotel to equal the style and comfort that we had experienced on board. All staff were friendly and helpful and couldn't be faulted at all. Good location for all transport which enabled us to make the most of our stay in Barcelona.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

Friendly staff, great room, and everyone was very accommodating. We left early before breakfast and they even packed us a breakfast for on the plane and had the taxis for the airport there on time!!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

Nothing - it was great staying there over night!!!!

The staff was very nice and helpful to us and the 8 other friends that traveled with us. Packed us a breakfast in a bag since we had to leave early and had ordered taxi's for us. We ate there for lunch and dinner and it was so good.

There are also 52 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.