Reviews of Hotel Doña Luisa 3 stars

Duquesa de Arcos, 53., 29692 San Luis de Sabinillas, Spain

#4 of 19 hotels in San Luis de Sabinillas

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Will stay there again next time I visit
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

At breakfast there were no eggs of any sort during our 3 day holiday. The fridge in room 212 was on it’s last legs making a humming noise all night Which stopped is sleeping on the first night so I unplugged it. On departure I forgot to tell reception about the fridge being unplugged - so sorry about that.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Excellent. Don’t look any further if you want to stay in Sabinillas
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Absolutely everything. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is spotlessly clean. The room was amazing and we couldn’t be any closer to the beach. Our stay there was so good we have already booked flights and room and coming back early next year.

Great location close to beach & shopping area. Breakfast by the sea! Great restaurants
    • Double or Twin Room

Was on 1st floor with street view, so traffic noise. But you have to take pot luck there.

Friendly staff. Spacious room with balcony. WiFi strong. Very clean. Easy check in, we got there at 1pm, room was ready! Great location next to the beach. Continental breakfast, have a few tables outside to eat in the morning sunshine!

Little Haven in central position
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing I can think of except tea of coffee making facility’s in room,

Fresh towels and bedding each day wonderfully honest staff, unknowingly & accidentally knocked money €40 behind bedside cabinet , taken down to reception by cleaning staff to be returned, thank you once again, so helpful staff efficient without being invasive, just there if needed help with any fuss.

Loved our short break here for my birthday. Great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Fantastic location near to lots of bars and restaurants and right on the sea front so a great position for walking next to the beach

Small, family run hotel. Great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Small hotel in a great location. Basic amenities but it had everything we needed for our stay. Property was immaculate in its cleanliness. Room was a good size.

I check in at 2:00am after a very very long driving journey.
    • Double or Twin Room

I check in at 2:00am after a very very long driving journey. I requested for a late check out. It was agreed by the check in staff to. At 11:00am the front office called many times and asked me to leave. I advised that I requested for a late check out. The staff members came and kicked me out at 15 to 12! I was even told that if i do mot get out they will call the Police.! Very rude, very greedy. No respect whatsoever. They said let the person who check you in to give you more hours !

Absolutely perfect place - highly recommended.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing at all - I will stay here for sure every time I return to Sabinillas - it is perfect.

I loved everything. The position was absolutely perfect, right on the beach and in the center of town close to lots of shops, bars and restaurants. Everything was spotless and the staff were always helpful and friendly. I arrived very early in the morning as I had travelled on the overnight bus from Alicante. I was thrilled when the very nice night porter said that I could check into my room - I could have kissed him!

Lovely Jubbley !!
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe could have offered English TV channels.

Everything was excellent.........especially location.....for beach, Marina and town. Perfect. If it had a pool it would be Super Perfect!!!

Very enjoyable would stay again at this hotel.

Can’t say l didn’t like anything.

The staff were friendly and the hotel was in a nice position. We had a lovely room with a sea view and balcony which is a must if you stay at this hotel.

Great value in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Great value in a great location. With very friendly staff. The hotel was also very clean. Restaurants nearby offered a very good selection of food for all occasions.

Ace.
    • Double or Twin Room

I just needed somewhere comfortable and convenient to stay near my Daughter and her family. The Dona Luisa was perfect and absolutely spotlessly clean. I needed to change the date of my stay and they were very helpful. I'll be back.

Perfect location for relaxing and enjoying the local area. Stress free!!!!!!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Having to leave after just one night!!!

Friendly and helpful staff at reception. Easy fast check in. Excellent situation at side of beach. Have stayed here before and will stay again when in the area. Very happy all around.

Perfect
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very welcoming staff. Large apartment with room service every day. Very clean, comfortable bed and good shower with plenty of hot water. Perfect location

We were very glad we stayed in the Doña Luisa and intend to stay there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was an excellent value for the price. The staff were very professional. The front-line beach location can't be beat and there are plenty of things in the neighborhood.

It was great to get up in the mornings looking at the sea from the terrace of our bedrooom
    • Double or Twin Room

The decoration of the bedroom is bit old fashioned

The staff, the people working in the hotel were really nice and lovely. They seem to love their job.

it was brilliant
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

nothing to dislike and as I said we will be going there again next year and have already booked in another family member for next week

this was the second time we stayed at the Dona Luisa and the staff there remembered us from last year the breakfast was very good and the hotel was spotlessly clean and I will be returning there next year again.

Great location, all we expected and no disappointing surprises.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast a little uninspiring but coffee good. If you are gluten intolerant take own bread (they did have lactose free milk though if anyone needed it) Drinking Water in the room would have been nice at least on arrival. Pillows a little lumpy. Nothing else to complain about at all and I am only being picky.

The family that own the property are lovely, especially the gentleman who was there when we arrived. Room lovely and clean and with lovely balcony overlooking the beach. Even with the bad weather we had (wet and not very warm but it was Mid March) it was good to be able to sit on the balcony and watch the world go by. Staff were there when we needed but left us alone if we did not. Great that there was a little fridge in the room and good wifi. Staff were happy to help me with my attempts at Spanish but also happy to speak English when those attempts failed dismally.

Comfortable stay. Hotel up to 3star billing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed had plastic mattress which proved a bit sweaty. Getting into and out of the bath was difficult with a fixed shower screen. Comfortable

Breakfast adequate, coffee delicious. Room cleaned well every day.

Pleasant hotel which exceeded cleanliness, but not much to do when weather was inclement.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

It should be made more obvious that the breakfast, although fresh and pleasant, with lovely coffee, does not give very much choice, distinctly a small variation on "continental" !!

Although this is a smallish hotel, and lacking in many facilities, this hotel is immaculate in its cleanliness...highly polished ! For us, it was a convenient place for a brief trip, with exceptional sea views.

Not a winter destination!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel is open in the winter months but they were totally unprepared for the cold! When I asked for a beer I was told there was none. When I asked about where to eat there was only a shrug in response

Rooms are lovely & staff so friendly
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel has no parking which we knew when booking, but they where happy to let us know where we could park.

All the staff are so friendly and nothink is to much trouble, we didn't book breakfast but did have it and it was lovely continatel breakfast for €5.00 lovely to sit & eat breakfast right on the sea front freshly made hot drinks made for you so so friendly :)

Cooler stay (temperature-wise) than expected
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was cold and the aircon/heater blew out cold air. The hot water in the bathroom basin was tepid, although I did manage to get warmer water in the shower.

Location on the seafront

I absolutely love this hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I absolutely love this hotel! It is always spotlessly clean and very comfortable with a very tasty reasonably priced breakfast. What really sells it for me though is it’s location practically on the beach where you can look out at the ocean and listen to the waves as you fall asleep and wake up again in the morning. Sabinillas is such a lovely little town too and one of my favourite places to visit in Spain. We return to this hotel regularly.

Warm, welcoming, friendly staff, clean and comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Lovely hotel on the sea front, very warm welcome given by Juan who was on the reception when we arrived, my husband dropped me off with the cases and went to find a parking space not too far away. Got checked in easily. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the rooms are basically furnished, but again very clean. We had a sea-view room with large balcony which is worth paying a little extra for. Lovely breakfast.

Perfect for an overnight stay in Sabinillas. Opposite the beach, everything within a 10 min walk.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast choice could be a little better, but adequate offering toast, ham, cheese and pastries.

The location is superb being opposite the beach on the paseo maritimo. A good selection of local bars and restaurants nearby and a 10 minute walk from Duquesa port or Casares Costa. A Comfortable clean unpretentious hotel that's great value for money.

delightful in every way and great value for money

nothing - it was excellent

perfect location close to everything yet on the beach. Spotlessly clean, Staff polite, helpful and pleasant at all times, good breakfast

ideal if you need a bed not a place to relax
    • Double or Twin Room

Room phone didnt work, took 3 days to replace. Plumbing very noisy so when any toilet was flushed in rooms above or near yours the refilling of cystern was quite loud. Breakfast rolls, pastries were all the long life kind and ONLY ALLOWED 2 COFFEES. I felt this should be mentioned on their web site to be fair to everyone. the staff were very pleasant although the owner/manager was not, when i asked for the phone to be fixed the lady behind the desk said ' its only for internal use' i then explained i was with my elderly aunt who was on a different floor and i wanted her to be able to call me . Only after insisting they put working phone in day before we left.

Budget hotel ideal if you want that location and on the beach.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, staff very obliging and pleasant . will be returning :O)
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have had a tiny bit more choice

Room was very clean , bed very comfortable ..... lovely clean towels every day ...... asked for extra pillows and the staff got them straight away ..... TV wasn't very good but wasn't really bothered as didn't even watch it

average 3 star property
    • Double or Twin Room

When booked on the internet I ordered a large double bed that I paid for in advance, but was given a twin bed room. I was after complaining offered a large double bed but also had to pay an additional 20 euro a night extra. No refreshment means in room tea/coffee/water. Toilet brush dirty also stand rusty. No TV instructions or hotel information in room.

The good part was the staff especially the night porter.

Perfect location but just an okay room
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs a good Renovation work. The bed was so uncomfortable. For the same price I stayed at the Don Agustin Hotel beside it and it was wayyyyyyyy better.staff super friendly and had a private underground parking, when the Doña Luisa didnt have any parking option other than the street parking. The manager / owner wasn't too helpful when we ask for a seaview room to celebrate our anniversary night but willing to give us one for €20 more expensive than the normal fare at the last night of our stay which we didn't not take. That's how we ended up at the Don Agustin.

The location and restaurants along the beach

Great location for everything, friendly staff, good place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is very limited and is the same every day so it gets a bit boring if your staying for more than an odd night or two. They don't do food during the day so I think they're missing a trick there.

The hotel is right across from the beach so excellent location also for bars and restaurants

We only stayed a couple of nights but was a lovely hotel and...
    • Double or Twin Room

We hired a car and struggled a bit to find parking but we got there in the end! Bit disappointed that the breakfast wasn't full English but the bar next door do a lovely one!

We only stayed a couple of nights but was a lovely hotel and very central for what we needed

Nice hotel & staff, but sadly gone downhill since last year.

Sadly the hotel experience has gone down hill since my last visit 12 months ago. For breakfast there were 'long life' croissants (last year fresh and a variety), limited cereals, only plain ham & cheese (again there was a selection last year), and on most days after breakfast the sitting area outside for drinks was closed (all stacked away). When coming back in at 4pm from a day trip to Gibraltar we were allowed to buy a cold beer .............. but only allowed to drink it inside the hotel and not sit outside!

Nice hotel located on the sea front. Good staff throughout the hotel.

Small and basic but conveniently located
    • Double or Twin Room

The website states free-parking but there is no carpark for the hotel. Free parking is available in the town but you will need to drive around to find a space (it was incredibly busy when we arrived and took us time to find a space).

The location of this hotel is excellent - right on the beach with shops and the local marina in easy walking distance. The facilities are in keeping with the budget, - in other words, fairly basic! Having said that the rooms are clean and tidy and the bed comfortable. Breakfast is continental consisting of toast and cereal (ham and processed cheese are available too). This small hotel is ideal if you are stopping over en route to another destination or are happy with a fairly basic standard of accommodation.

great location - friendly and helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

No on site parking - but despite it being a busy period there was public parking available within a short walking distance

great location - friendly and helpful staff

Clean, friendly, relaxing break.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Balcony was a little small, but fine for our weekend away.

Staff were always very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is simple but delicious. Hotel is very clean and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

A lovely stay at an even lovelier hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

There was repairs being carried out during our stay and it was noisy with lots of banging directly above our room but this didn't really effect us we just think we should have been told it was going to happen

I travelled with my mum (but there was no section for that!) and from the first impression to when we left this hotel we had nothing but good to say about this small charming hotel, the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, my mum is disabled and needed to use a walker but even though there were no ramps there was always someone who would carry her walker down or up the stairs in and out of the hotel to save us worrying. We found the room very comfortable and spotlessly clean, it was cleaned everyday.

Great sea front hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Some noise from bar below but ended at midnight.

The inside of the property is modern and up to date. Comfortable beds attractive bed linen. Modern bathroom with shower. Balcony with full sea view. Quite after midnight able to sleep with balcony door open listening to the sea.

Beach side hotel Clean and convenient
    • Double or Twin Room

The Location, right on the beach, everything was a short walk away, parked the car outside and didn't need to use it until the next day, no deed to drive anywhere , plenty to eat and drink locally

Lovely little gem on the seafront
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

There could have been a wider selection for breakfast. As it's a hotel more English channels on the TV would be nice.

Nice and simple hotel with self service breakfast. The hotel is in a great location with the beach right outside the door.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Beautiful decor, very clean and modern rooms, friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

My pillow was too flat and a fruit and yogurt option​ at breakfast would of been nice.

Modern and clean decor.friendly staff.room very tidy and neatly made up every day.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Basic but wonderful stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel was very clean and tidy, the rooms were well prepared. The coffee and breakfast were good, typical continental breakfast with bread, meat, cheese, fruit juice etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful. If we travel to the area again would definitely consider staying.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The staff where miserable and the room was dark with only...
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff where miserable and the room was dark with only one ceiling light giving very little light. The bed was very stiff and the TV only had one english speaking channel. The breakfast was very poor. The location was very good and the hotel was exceptionally clean. All in all the location and cleanliness makes this hotel and we would recommend you stay at this hotel.

It was very close to everything.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I didn't like the noise when you used the key card to get into you're room.

It was very close to everything. The balcony was bigger than I expected. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Position of hotel fantastic right on the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast very disappointing , just bread,packaged croissants,not a lot of imagination. Not many good restaurants in this area walked into Duquessa most evenings.

Position of hotel fantastic right on the beach.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Staff were excellent, given it was low season they were...
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Hmmm. Tricky one not many whinges to be fair. Sold room including breakfast, which meant a croissant and coffee. For the same money we got a full breakfast in the local restaurants.

Staff were excellent, given it was low season they were always available day and night. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

A little gem of a boutique hotel that is an ideal base for exploring the local resorts.
    • Double or Twin Room

It is very difficult to criticise this hotel without nit picking - I have already mentioned the lack of hot breakfast and lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. The only other problem I found was that the hotel does not have a car park and it can be difficult to find a parking space near to the hotel. I appreciate that there may not be much the hotel management can do about this but all those arriving in cars need to take this into consideration.

The food provided for breakfast was fresh and appetising but a little basic for English tastes. Some hot food on a buffet would suffice ie. bacon, sausage and eggs. However the staff were very accommodating providing tea and coffee 24/7 but it would be more convenient to have a kettle with tea and coffee in the rooms. The location of the hotel was superb (right on the beach front) with most rooms having a sea view. Also the hotel was easy to find with the online map and directions. The interior decor was very tasteful and welcoming and the rooms were a good standard for the price. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay on that part of the Costa del Sol.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Great little hotel in a town without mega-businesses all around.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Would have very much enjoyed an American coffeemaker in the room.

The view of the sea, the sound of the waves. The nice guy who checked us out before 7 a.m. The way the keycard turns off/on the room's electricity.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Would book there again if staying in Sabanillas
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad week of the storms. Needed a bit of warmth to dry clothing via the air conditioning unit, but could not get it to warm up.

Looked after very well. Everyone was pleasant and curtious. Considering how bad the weather was.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Not so sunny Spain
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very limited. Some bread, croissants and a few cereals. And only one small cup of tea or coffee. Request for another was met with request for payment. Out of hotel control, but worst rain since 1986 - red alert flooding through whole of Costa Del Sol.

Bed comfortable, location excellent right on the beach. Well priced as it was low season

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

This hotel is a must
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have been nice if there was tea coffee making facilities in room as breakfast not open till 8 and so early risers I would suggest takings ravel kettle and tea coffee etc

Hotel really clean and staff could not be any more helpful. Location right on the beach

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

A great base to explore what Sabinillas has to offer
    • Double or Twin Room

The toiletries! Please supply bottles rather than sachets which are difficult to open and contain very small quantities of shampoo & shower gel. Some fruit at breakfast too please.

Ideal location. Staff very friendly. Hotel spotless. Lots of bars cafes and restaurants nearby. It's our second visit to the hotel and we're already planning a return trip.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Nice little hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast was poor, little selection , and what was there was poor quality, cellophane wrapped croissants instead of lovely fresh ones, and only one cup of coffee included. The yogurt was good but not always available, we went out for breakfast most mornings then came back for our one and only coffee, and yoghurt if there was any left. The bar never seemed open in the evening, but may have been because it was November.

Great location, pleasant room with balcony overlooking beach and promenade. Family run hotel, which was very clean and well kept in the heart of Sabinilles.The village was quiet this time of year and many restaurants were closed, however we ate in a great Italian called Pavorotti , and a couple of good Spanish tapas bars. A walk to Costillo de la Duquesa is worth the effort for great fish restaurants about 2k, but we avoided Puerto de la Duquesa as it seemed to be full of ex pats.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Excellent location right on beach in lovely Sabinillas with...
    • Double or Twin Room

Only one cup of tea included with breakfast, had to pay for second!

Excellent location right on beach in lovely Sabinillas with great choice of eating places. Hotel was beautifully clean.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Relaxing stay, perfect for golfers to play the many courses in the neighbourhood
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Maybe A little fruit at the breakfast buffet

Very friendly staff, Nice family owned hotel, beautiful view at the sea. I miss the sound of the waves at night now that I am home again 😔

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

average three star hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very poor breakfast toast and and two cereals. Very difficult to find parking spaces close to the hotel.

nice location on beach front. Clean rooms good location to the port for marine training courses. Front desk staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Didn't need to spend much time in the hotel but great sea view room

Lack of restaurant and only 1 iron in the whole hotel - no ironing board

Location/view

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Na

Excellent location and very good service

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Brilliant location in a typical Spanish small town

nothing at all

Brilliant location in a typical Spanish small town

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Perfect!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel was right on the paseo , we had a sea view & it was a joy to wake up to the sound of the sea.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Better than we expected.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We thought the hotel was excellent, The location, cleanliness and the staff are so nice. We will definitely go back again.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The close proximity of the beach, the choices for eating out,
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

the tranquillity of the hotel, the air conditioning, the television with english channels,

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Lovely clean hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Rooms are VERY CLEAN.. staff lovely..breakfast was good just a continental breakfast but lots of choice.. Lovely balcony over looking the beach

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Excellent location

Lovely friendly staff and service

Lovely friendly staff and service

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Right on the beach, close to bars and restaurants and 20...

No parking facilities

Right on the beach, close to bars and restaurants and 20 minutes stroll to Duquesa marina. Large shower and fridge in room.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Beds very comfy and aircon a bonus.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds very comfy and aircon a bonus. Staff very professional and friendly. We will be back.

In the heart of everything.
    • Double or Twin Room

There is nothing not to like about this hotel.

In the heart of everything. Beach and town. Will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

SUPER GOOD

All

Brilliant hotel, very clean, staff couldnt do enough for you...
    • Double or Twin Room

Brilliant hotel, very clean, staff couldnt do enough for you, would deffinatly recommend.

Quiet. Lovely