Reviews of Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa 4 stars

Tamara, 1, 35130 Puerto Rico, Spain

#9 of 99 hotels in Puerto Rico

wonderful time spent in a wonderful location! Thank you Gloria Palace Royal Hotel!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The behaviour of some tourist in the middle of the night, after few drinks in the bar, slamming the door and making plenty of noise. But this is obviously related to the education and has nothing to do with the hotel itself.

Staff very kind and always smiling. Food very good, with a lot of choices for breakfast and dinner. The pool is amazing and in a very good condition. Very close to the beach and well connected with the buses going to different tourist attractions.

Wonderful view from the room, enough space for three persons...
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Entertaiment was a little bit boring for us, couple of waitors behaved like they were clearly tired of the guests, also we ordered excursion by Low Cost Tours with which hotel cooperating - we were the only people from our hotel who went on excursion that day. The bus came absolutely full of people from other hotels and guide placed us in the very back of bus (where were even no windows). In my opinion, they should not even sell tickets when only such places left. There is no sense in excursion when you dont have windows to look on the sights.

Wonderful view from the room, enough space for three persons in room, big wardrobe, Amadores beach is superb, lift to the beach, spa included

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Exceeded my expectations and we would definitely return

No criticisms

Wow, we had an incredible stay at this hotel, service, food and the staff were exceptional. I really would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Gran Canaria. We enjoyed every minute of our stay and did not want to leave!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It was a very nice holiday, the breakfast was very good, the...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

We reserved a round trip VIP for 8 o'clock, they didnt arrived, I called the company and they arrived after 40 min but the tour was different, not gentle with us, I don't reccomand the company DISCOVERY, u pay 65 euro and everything is very speedy and they changed our round trip and they dont respect the hour. When we need informations to the reception, the staff not very good; just Paco and Eduardo were very professional and they helped us all the time.

It was a very nice holiday, the breakfast was very good, the swimming pool very nice, very clean in the room, the view was amazing. the staff kindly.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

50th birthday treat
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Our 3 night stay was not long enough, we had to leave and everything was so perfect.

We loved everything from delicious meals, friendly staff, beautiful ocean view room, fun poolside and pool events to join in with, nearby beach and shop for snacks, relaxing spa and amazing therapists to the special birthday gestures from staff and management on my husband's 50th birthday. Thank you Gloria Palace, we were blown away by your kindness and look forward to returning.

Ok but needs improvement
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Dirty cutlery and dishes , the service became very rude and unwelcome knowing we have only 1 day left also entertainment at night was really poor

The food was amazing

Honey moon
    • Twin Room with Sea View

If you are not booking an all inclusive package than you have to pay any bottle of water during the meals. This is not OK. At least drinking water should be released from charging.

The landscapes from the balcony are really impressive!!

Amazing view, amazing infinity pool.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The toilet had a funny smell

Amazing view, amazing infinity pool. Staff are lovely. Close to the beach. We had an early flight when leaving which meant we were missing breakfast, the hotel staff made us up a picnic breakfast to take to the airport with us, which was a lovely touch

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Very enjoyable relaxing holiday
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Could not find one fault with the hotel

The rooms were gorgeous with a beautiful view of the beach. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great food and great entertainment every night in the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay

Fabulous hotel in a great location
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Entertainment on a few night was a little lame and paying 10 Euros for ice in your room, although you can get as many cups of ice as you like from any of the bars and take it back to your room

Awesome hotel in an awesome location, fabulous food, huge choice, view fabulous, infinity pool and fabulous area on the top of the hotel with a small pool, bar and sunbeds to die for with a great view. Recommend getting a room on a high floor in the main building or block 2/3

Love every minute of our stay the rooms where so comfortable...
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Love every minute of our stay the rooms where so comfortable and clean the hotel was spotless . Food was gorgeous great selection staff where so friendly and great with kids ! Loved the both pool areas and views will definitely be back again

the hotel is very good, very good service [one of the best i...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

for the money we paid we would expect bar with drinks in the room , a weight , more sockets for our devices. the beach is bit far , in the superior suite was only one toilet,

the hotel is very good, very good service [one of the best i have ever met], the food was excellent.

I liked just about everything at this Hotel.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

We didn’t use the restaurant as I personally feel a dress code is unnecessary on a Sun holiday and neat shorts and tee shirt should suffice. We ate at several top class restaurants locally and no long trousers were required. The evening entertainment was poor. I would have expected a much higher standard at this property.

I liked just about everything at this Hotel. The food at breakfast was of a very high standard. Everything imaginable was on offer and all freshly made in front of you. The staff and management were all very friendly and helpful throughout our stay and the room was cleaned daily from top to bottom. The pool areas were also spotless and pool bars offered good snacks at reasonable prices. Again very well staffed.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Some are Very friendly restaurant floor staff (Manuel top...
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Some are Very friendly restaurant floor staff (Manuel top man and great singer )some have attitude problems. Same with chefs. After 2pm u can only use few tables at front because they preparing have it ready for dinner @6.30pm . I’m a guest and I don’t want to know ur open till 3.30pm. No all soft drinks are included on all exclusive. They try catch u with these little extra charges which are enjoying My car was damaged parked at hotel car park. Extremely bad attitude and rude from front desk Miguel (old grey head) when I reported that someone had hit and run my car while parked at his premises. He tells me no camera works in hotel, then goes hides in room behind front desk. Also there is someone at security hut checking cameras 24/7.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Located just near the fort in Playa de Amadores, perfect location and beautiful beach, the hotel is clean and provides u great hospitality. You can get to hotel directly from airport by bus 91 and it will cost you less than 12Euro. Upon our arrival we were warmly welcomed with a complimentary drinks and was checked in half an hour earlier with a free upgrade to a junior suite, Sascha Von Gostomski the receptionist is a great guy and he was very kind, welcoming and supportive. The first things to notice is the beautiful view of the beach which is very nice from the block number 2 where we stayed. The room was clean and the king size bed was super comfy. The food in restaurant and café is good and waiters are very friendly and nice and you can easily get window side table, which I find it difficult to get in many other good hotels. The food for lunch and dinner was pretty much the same and that could improve with more variety of food for each day. There are two pools in the hotel, the infinity pool has a picturesque view over the beach and the glass pool on other side of the hotel offering a very nice balcony for tanning and you can get good drinks if you opt in for all inclusive. I would recommend it, as it does worth it. Generally staff are friendly and welcoming and kind with good sense of humour. Particularly Brian Herrera was amazing, very polite, nice and funny. I have seen a few sailing yachts and some people doing water sport nearby, perhaps you can charter a yacht or do some water sport if you fancy that. Overall experience was awesome, we would stayed more if the time was not the objection for us.

Nice location
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

hotel is a bit dated, no iron for the room so had to pay for ironing service. If you go All inclusive you wear a band but also need your room key as well which is annoying. for the price of the holiday I expected more for my money

Hotel is in a lovely area views great. Hotel is quiet but is just round the corner from Puerto rico which is good.

excellent vacations, highly recomemended to all....we will back 100% :)
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

a litlle be cold water, in pool in the morning

nice hotel, very good position, near beach, clean, excelent breakfast, very nice pool, very good bed, spacious room, and incredible view above all !!!!

Highly recommended. Perfect for honeymoon!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

We didn't have enough time... :)

This hotel is amazing, with very kind staff. Every room and also its pool have breathtaking view to the sea. The breakfast was so delicious, that we changed from bed-and-breakfast to half-board on our first day. At noon you can take your time in their relaxing spa. The pool area was so well equipped that we couldn't bring ourselves to leave the hotel although the beach was only 5 minutes walk. It is really important when you choose your accomodation on Gran Canaria!!! The wifi was great.

Amazing hotel the facilities and pool and activities daily...
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Men having to wear trousers is the only downfall we would have loved to have dinner at the hotel but it wasn’t allowed with just shorts.

Amazing hotel the facilities and pool and activities daily are just top notch ! The staff and cleanliness of this hotel is fantastic ! The pool and views are picturesque will definitely return in the future.

Relaxing holiday

N/a

Everything. Food was delishes, drinks are lovely, staff friendly and very helpful. Room clean and tidy. Two swimming pools are not busy. Amazing hotel with stunning view of the sea.

Everything was amazing .
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Everything was amazing . The food was really tasty and the staff was really friendly . It was a birthday present for myself and everything was wonderful. I will come back next year .

food fabulous view comfortable bed would certainly go back even do it a little pricer then most
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Iwe tea lovers but that the only thing is why are tea pot one cup while a coffee pot are about 5cup please get bigger tea pots😊

This is a over all great place. 10 min from town the view are fabulous

Fantastic beach holiday
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

This is an amazing place if you wish to rest, eat well and chill out. We had all inclusive which was fantastic and we did not get fed up with it, which is rare. Selection of food and drink is very good, there is something to eat all day. The hotel is comfortable, there is a lift to the beach. The gym is well equipped, we enjoyed working out every day. The pool seems small but it is huge and is mostly empty although we were there at half term. The spa is good, we had a child (13) and he could only attend twice a day, but it was more than enough. I think the hotel is best with older children, although there were some families with babies. The pool I thought was better suited for older children but this is my personal opinion. There is a baby pool too. The beach is around 5 minutes walk, beautiful and best in the mornings, it is not crowded at all, it gets busier around 2 pm. If you want a quiet holiday, chilling out at the pool and beach and good food this is the place. However if you are looking for action and a lot to do or want to do shopping and walk on the beach at night then maybe another resort would suit you better. It is quiet at night. We went to two excursions by taxi and enjoyed it, but mostly we stayed in. There is animation with some activities, but it is not as noisy and disturbing as in other hotels. You can also ask for a late checkout if you flight is at night, which was very comfortable for us. The staff is amazing, always smiling, very happy and assertive.

Worth the stay but slight changes needed
    • Twin Room with Sea View

I think the hotel let’s it’s self down wish small unnecessary charges I feel the place is in need of a slight upgrade. I don’t like to go all inclusive I like to self cater when I go away if your into all inclusive hotels this is the one for you but at certain times because we paid cash for the majority of our stuff we encountered rude staff who didn’t seem to believe I was even staying in the hotel maybe due to my young age and we kept encountering small charges that for the money you spend to stay at this hotel I can’t help but think are greedy for example I ordered some room service one night and literally added to it straight away by ringing back. After my food came about half an hour later no complaint there the stuff I added did not I was told I would have to pay a further 10 Euro for a second room service charge so the room service charge twice I thought this was pretty unreasonable and denied saying I no longer wanted the bottle of water that wasn’t even worth the room charge rate. Amazing hotel nice staff poor business plan to cater to its Bon all inclusive guests. So glad I stayed but I feel like I will not be returning I’d probably stay in Puerto de Mogan next time.

Loved the layout and it’s definitely high end and very polite staff at breakfast and lobby. Definitely eat at the restaurant inside the hotel and get the Malvasia seco dry

A good holiday that went too quickly.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

All staff helpful and friendly. Rooms cleaned daily and towels changed when required. Excellent view of the beach and sea. Food excellent and changed daily, all restaurant staff attentive and very welcoming. Stayed mainly by the infinity pool, plenty of sun loungers, great childrens area and hard working animation team (not pushy). Pool was a little cold in the morning but warmed up by lunch time, okay once you took the first dip! Amadores has a lovely beach with shops and resturants. The hotel is well maintained, looks like it has recently had a cosmetic refurbishment.

Absolutely wonderful!
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Smoking is permitted on the room terraces. My wife suffers with chronic asthma and is allergic to cigarette smoke. We were unable to enjoy our terrace because of other guests smoking on their terrace. The Hotel Management very kindly upgraded us to a lovely family size room, without any fuss, and the guests either side of us did not smoke so we could enjoy our terrace!

ALL the staff at this hotel are absolutely wonderful. The restaurant staff made every mealtime a joy! We can honestly say that we have never come across such genuinely happy, friendly, caring people in any other hotel. Nothing was ever too much trouble for anyone. The variety and quality of food at each buffet meal was excellent, and yes.....the bed WAS indeed very comfortable!

the perfect resort to relax
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The only thing we missed was a terrace with sun. Supplement for hiring a safe deposit box in the room did bother me.

Our stay was almost perfect. Restaurant was great, breakfast and dinner were splendid. Large room, beautiful view from our balcony, spa, swimming pools, parking space, we had no complaints at all. Bathroom was comfortable (but a little aged)

I do recommend this hotel to every one , best location ,...

None ..

I do recommend this hotel to every one , best location , clean hotel , good food ,very friendly and hard working staf , see view , good size rooms ... in total every thigs was very good ...

A little piece of heaven on earth
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

A bit on the expensive side for solo travellers.

Very friendly staff. Nothing was to difficult for them to do for you. Hotel beautiful location overlooking a great beach.

Unexpected delight having never been before - exceeded our expectations.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Buffet (fish night) - amazing! Pool unbelievable. Staff very attentive and keen to please, without being intrusive. Room (Block 2) - perfect. Balcony completely private, good size with great bathroom. Basic kitchen facilities an added bonus!

Will definitely be returning!
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

An excellent hotel, great facilities and the staff couldn’t be more helpful. Especially enjoyed the horizon pool. Very easy to access the beach which was very clean with lots of restaurants if you wanted a change from the hotel. Will definitely be returning for another stay.

Great venue, great staff.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

There was an unfortunate break-down in communications between Booking.com and the Hotel, meaning that we did not get our preferred room until Day 3. That said, Reception staff did what they could to resolve the problem as quickly as possible, and provided an acceptable substitute for the first 2 nights.

The hotel is top-drawer.

Incredible hotel.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The only thing we didn’t like was the customers reserving all the pool chairs with towels first thing in the morning and they would remain empty for several hours a day wasting the opportunity for other customers to use. There is a sign stating no reserving but it isn’t enforced.

The customer service was incredible. One of the receptionists, Angel, went way above and beyond.

Overall very enjoyable with friendly staff.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Once again you have to pay for the safe. The sun does not get in all the rooms and there is not much room on the balcony. There is no regulation on sunbed reserving so all the best spots have towels on them with clients not using them all day. Due to H&S there is no facility to eat outside of the restaurant.

The rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. The location although a bit of a walk is minutes from the beach with a local supermarket minutes away. The views are spectacular with ample sunbeds for those who wish to use them. The hotel is located right next to the local bus runs and taxis are moments away with a call from reception. Breakfast is a buffet style with plenty of choice. The spa was excellent and well maintained.

Great location but could do with some simple touches to make the experience worth it for the price
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

- There are no toiletries in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner,lotion). These are simple things that even a low rated hotel provides. I was shocked and actually had to go out and buy full bottles because you can’t find travel size anywhere. - Check in was made more difficult than it had to be. They blamed us for not letting them know there was a child in the room, yet I have emailed confirming a crib would be ready for us. - Reception in general was not inviting. Even to order a taxi seemed to be an issue. - Instant coffee provided in room but we didn’t have a kettle to make it. - Bed sheets smelled stale, like sweat. - Renting a car seemed to be a hassle with an international license. Has not been an issue elsewhere.

- Great location. You are central to the beach and walking distance to restaurants and amenities. - Liked the half board option. Worked well for our schedule with a 1 year old. - More than 50 restaurants right on the beach. Great prices and variety. - Walk along coast to neighboring ports was great to do each day. - Grocery store right across from the hotel. - Friendly restaurant staff at hotel.

We LOVED staying at this hotel!! It was modern, clean, comfortable, and ALL staff are fantastic!
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The only one small issue that ever-so-slightly disappointed us was the efficiency of the air conditioning unit in the bedroom. We were upgraded to a family room which was a lovely & unexpected bonus for us, however the air conditioning unit did not seem to be strong enough or powerful enough to fully regulate the temperature in that large size room. Every night we woke up through feeling too hot. Apart from this one small issue, absolutely everything else about our stay was perfect and I couldn't fault anything in the hotel. We were delighted with our stay and with our choice of hotel.

We were anxious before arrival that we had chosen a larger hotel than we usually would book, but we were delighted with our choice and would not hesitate to book here again. The staff were the friendliest staff we have experienced in a long time (& we travel a lot around the world) - they were incredibly friendly, helpful and professional. A fabulous hotel we'd absolutely recommend without doubt! Our receptionist "ANGEL" was wonderful and gave us a lot of time and attention, helping us book our restaurant choices around the local resorts. This was a nostalgic trip for us back to the area after a 15-year gap, and Angel was very attentive & considerate to our needs. Angel made us several wonderful recommendations, and he was a fantastic Receptionist/Concierge. Receiving complimentary drinks upon arrival & check-in, together with complimentary water in the room every day was a lovely touch. The Animation Team were lovely, friendly & fun. It was great to have a choice of a busy pool area as well as a quiet area to sunbathe in.

Excellent sea views but not much marine activity.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Hotel built into the cliff and a steep walk down to the beach for elderly people. Also a long walk between each end s of the hotel but plenty of lifts between floors.

Excellent sea views but not much marine activity. Buffet excellent for all meals with very friendly staff.

The pool, location, breakfast, rooms, and view are...
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The only negative about the property is that you have to rent the safe and pay a daily fee for using it. I have never seen a hotel do this before.

The pool, location, breakfast, rooms, and view are incredible!!!

An extremely enjoyable short stay holiday hotel
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Nothing apart from the inadequate toasting facility at breakfast for so many people.

Very friendly,efficient staff. Good location. Great variety of food choices at both breakfast and dinner combined with excellent quality of the offerings. Very good pool area and reasonable entertainment in evening.

Breakfasts really good and varied.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

tiled steps to the spa area vv slippy when wet from others walking.They are actually dangerous as I slipped even holding side wall and fell down 3steps. Yellow warning signs not really enough, perhaps anon slip strip on each step? Back still sore over a week later. It would be lovely to have a variety of places to eat at nightin the hotel as only the v large buffet and Kaia restaurant. Small places on beach were good but chilly enough and draughty at night in January.

Breakfasts really good and varied. Loved balcony and wide and wonderful views of sea and sky Muted music in dining room perfect. Super friendly staff everywhere.

Best place for sea views from the hotel and central swimming pool.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

It was not easy to find the way to the registration hall for check in.

Place and view over the sea and beach. Nice rooms and balcony. Very good breakfast in the restaurant with views over the sea. Fantastic open central swimming pool with amazing sea views.

relaxing
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Staff very helpful to us as I had a broken arm -restaurant staff so polite and helpful and the pool area clean and tidy -- thank you all at Gloria Palace Royal for a very relaxing week and being so helpful.

Requared improvements to be named as royal
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

VERY noisy: first of all, in front of the hotel passing the main road (24/7 traffic), even with closed window you hear all the traffic noise; poor sound isolation inside the hotel. There were rools about silence hours (from 22.00), but no one from the stuff controlled it, so if you have noisy neighbours at 3 a.m. - it's your problem. Hotel with it's name and costs is positioning as royal, so it was surprise for us when we should pay for dinner coffe, water or any soft drink (when halfboard were included). Plus if you want to use safe, you should rent it for additional cost. Same story about ironing: there's no iron in your room, you have no possibility to rent it, you have to order ironing and pay for every single item.

Location, perfect view from the room, close to the beach and walking places along the ocean. Wide meal assortiment at breakfeast and dinner. Nice and comfortable lounge zone with pool.

Great place for a relaxing holiday.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

It's a bit of a maze upon arrival, but you will quickly get the idea on how to get to the different places. Also, if you arrive on the bus it might prove a bit tricky to find the entrance. The bus stop is quite near (less than a minute walk), very convenient, but I think the aren't enough signed as to how to get to the hotel reception.

The facilities are great: swimming pool, spa, dinning room. The rooms are big and comfortable and all of them have a beautiful view of Playa Amadores. All hotel staff were very friendly, polite and helpful.

Great hotel, plan to come again
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Our bed was rather uncomfortable, for some reason (maybe because we identified us as older people?) had under the sheet plastic cover such as that used in hospital to protect mattress. This was not the case of our children…strange selectivity…

Absolutely great locality. Very nice pool and spa. Spacy room with a large balcony and a nice ocean view. Fast internet. Plenty of food. Nice hotel staff

I strongly recommend that hotel to all kind of visitors. It’s an amazing place!
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

I didn’t like that I’ve paid for dinner but the drinks were not included. I had to spend additional money for drinks for 10 days..

The place was amazing. Food was good! Stuff was very friendly. Very comfortable room. The pool was cool with am awesome view.

The hotel was beautiful and the rooms very clean.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The food was only average and the staff very slow.The reception area has no air conditioning on and its way too warm.We were on honeymoon and informed the property beforehand but nothing extra was done for us on our stay and we spent a fortune on the hotel.Other than that it was good.

The property was beautiful and set in a gorgeous location

Not satisfactory at all
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

We had paid extra for booking com for a double room with extra bed:sofa. Reception disputed it was only a double we had booked and to take it up with booking com eventually I got a free upgrade ! Which I had already booked and paid for . The additional room Remained unresolved as they were fully booked!

Ok
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The location and resort wasn't very nice . Booked room with sea view which it had but it was on top of main road and roundabouts which was far from picturesque

Hotel and staff was good

Most relaxing holiday we have ever had!!
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The hotel was very clean, staff always helpful and the animation team were brilliant and made our trip we did all sorts of games everyday and the shows at night were much better than other hotels we have stayed in. Food in the hotel was excellent. Pool and spa are amazing! The room is lovely and spacious and bed very comfortable.

Nice and warm
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Some of the staff had an arrogant attiude , I would appreciate if they would show more respect to the costumers.We had to be very careful when we were paying or taking our change , we recived wrong bills more than once. Although we book a room with sea view they tried first to give us another room without view , of course we didn't accept it and had to wait 20 in the reception until we receive what we've payd for ...

Everything was fine , the pool was wonderful.

Good hotel in an excellent location
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Air conditioning was pretty ineffective Lunch / snack menu was pretty average Drinks were expensive (3 Euro for a small glass of soft drink) Pool was nice but deep for smaller children (under 12/13) so they couldn’t stand to throw a ball.

Excellent location near beach which has plenty of restaurants and away from the busier resort of Puerto Rico. Hotel itself was generally good, clean and buffet restaurant was very good with plenty of choices and quality. Breakfast was excellent. Staff all very friendly.

Check-In was pleasant and the guy on reception was very nice...
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

One observation, which also became more apparent during our stay was that of the employee’s uniforms... most are in bits, they're all old, well worn, several of the men’s ties were old and torn, and the material is frayed... It looks horrible, cheap and very unprofessional. There’s an electronic safe, but you've to 'rent' this for €2.50 per day (which I thought was ridiculous and should be free. The TV didn't work for our first 2 days, but after taking a photo of the error and complaining at reception an employee did come up to our room a fix it. I had emailed the hotel twice before I arrived to inform them that we were spending our anniversary there, but nothing was ever done to mark it, or even mentioned by anyone, this added to the feeling that it’s a ‘conveyer belt’ of guests, and there’s no personal touches at all which is more than a shame. we were unable to have a late checkout, however we'd booked into the 'convenience room' at 4pm to freshen up, however we were still waiting at 4:15 and we were told they were an hour behind in bookings, then came our driver at 4:30, to take us to the airport, so we had to demand to be able to use an alternate room, this wasn't a good experience to leave on and also embarrassing.

Check-In was pleasant and the guy on reception was very nice and polite, he offered a glass of Cava and informed us where everything was in the hotel and gave us a map and discount vouchers), the Wi-Fi code, where the breakfast room was / times etc... As you entered our room there was a very spacious and very clean bathroom to the left, with 4 towels, a bath, a hairdryer and a separate shower (not all the toiletries or towels were replaced every day though (face-towels and soap were missing sometimes), the was also a separate toilet area. To the left was a double wardrobe with plenty of hangers for two people, a full length mirror and shelving. In the bedroom area was a flat screen TV mounted to the wall, there was over 90+ TV channels in multi languages to suit all (including kids TV), there was also a work station, chair, mini fridge, kettle with complimentary tea / coffee (that was replace each day). The bed was massive and very comfortable, as too was the pillows! There was 4 lamps in the room. All rooms are front facing, our room was 2408b, we were able relax on the huge beautiful stone walled balcony with a book n' glass of wine in the evenings. (Complete with Cactus garden, x2 wicker chairs and table)... It really was great! The room was a great size and did us perfect for our stay The breakfast is between 7 & 10am, there's a huge selection on breads, fruits, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, salads and a nice selection of hot food (porridge, omelettes, eggs, potatoes, beans, sausages etc...) there's even several freshly juiced options (there's a lady there juicing) - we were massively impressed with breakfast! And the employees were very polite and welcoming.

Overall we enjoyed our stay.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The hot food at breakfast is poor quality with a lot of leftovers from the night before such as chicken nuggets and cauliflower and even onion rings! The standard of cleaning in the room was great the first week but went downhill after that. We were unfortunate to have our two kindle paperwhites stolen from poolside on our second day and were disappointed at the total lack of interest from the people at reception.

The views are stunning and the rooms are large and comfortable. The pool is fabulous.

Summer all the year
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

From the hotel, nothing to point out

The staff is very friendly, all amazingly clean and very good buffet. The best I ever had. The beach is also very beautiful. The only thing I would add would be to have better restaurants outside of the hotel.

Very good and enjoyable.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Parasols very difficult to get up. Some railings did not appear to be adequately designed for high risk areas. Climb up to lift from road. Extreme road noise from sliproad below 4307. Table tennis table also under 4307. Noisy and a stupid place as the balls all went over the side.

Some different meal choices. Good food. Good service in the restaurant. Room very good and very clean. great views. Great pool. Good walkway below blocks 1, 2 and 3.

So enjoyable and relaxing overall.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The only thing that I did not like was that you could not go to the bar to order your own drinks as you had to wait for a waiter, we did not choose to go all inclusive, they wanted to charge everything to your room, which did cause some confusion, as when we where checking out we where charged for soft drinks that we had already payed for.

There was a wide selection for everyone's taste, I loved the different smoothes ever morning.and the staff where very polite, efficient and friendly.

Lovely location but I would recommend going bed and breakfast and going down to be beach for dinner
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The staff were quite grumpy on the whole, with the exception of a few. The all inclusive ended at 11.30 except this change on our fifth night in but no one told us! Now it finishes as 1am! We should have been notified of this. There are lots of hidden costs (no iron in the room, room service is not included, lots of thing on the snack bars are chargeable, safe in the room etc etc).

The pools, views, room and spa were amazing! Everywhere was accessible with lifts and slopes. The room we had was a family room and it was huge wit a massive balcony overlooking the sea with lovely sun loungers, chairs and a table.

We had a great time. Weather, hotel and food were all great!
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Only got water in room on day of arrival which I thought was quite poor. Other hotels I've been to give you a few beers in fridge every day too

We were on our honeymoon and hotel upgraded us to a suite and gave us a bottle of fizz. Bed was massive and comfy !

• Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The noise from the opposite hotels..this went on until around 23.30 but cannot be helped as not a problem that can be fixed by the hotel.

The views were lovely, staff were very friendly, food was amazing

Best Holida in Gran Canaria

Everything was perfect, the place should be rated 5 stars not 4, i normally go on a family reunion holiday once a year and from 4 years we go to Gran Canaria. Always in 5 stars hotel/resorts but this year because of a last minute booking i couldn't fine a 5 stars available and i booked this place hopping for the best, and without doubt, it was the best comparing the other 5 stars iv been the past 3 years. Everyone in the family want go back the next year

just what we needed, a relaxing and very plesent hoilday
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

little bit of traffic noise in our room as it was close to road , but it did not really effect our sleep as we were up early anyway

location of hotel is perfect only short walk to beach , good selection of food on offer, but the best thing about hotel are the staff, from the moment we arrived they could not do enough for us really top class.

Nice stay near Puerto Rico
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Nice hotel on your vacation – clean rooms which was equipped with small but useful kitchenette. Available free parking. 5 minutes’ walk to the beach. Amadores are ok. 2 swimming pools which are good. Breakfasts were nice.

Amazing hotel, worth every penny
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Staff are absolutely excellent and the hotel is world class. Rooms have stunning views and all facilities are incredibile. Free shows nightly which are very entertaining. Hotel is located walking distance from, in my opinion, the best beach in Gran Canaria - very clean water and great restaurants on the promenade. Highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Great quiet location, perfect for a complete getaway
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The evening entertainment wasn't great the few times we went

Our room was very spacious and comfortable. Pool areas were lovely and there were plenty of sun loungers. Food was top quality

Very relaxing and fun few days with the family

Very friendly and helpful staff. The entertainment co-ordinators, especially Kurtis and Lois,were very friendly and made the whole experience great fun for our family especially our three children aged 12,18 and 19. Comfortable beds and very clean. The food was good too. We would definitely recommend the hotel

Top marks Gloria
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Except one thing .. air conditioning at night not sufficient ... too hot to sleep properly through the night but then they were in the middle of a heat wave so can't complain .

Everthing was brilliant no complaints at all . Staff excellent food superb location perfect.

Worth going!
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

can't think about something I didn't like

Room 3004, a fantastic room with absolutely everything you would want or need! Amazing balcony and the beach is very close!

Lovely hotel, great location and friendly staff.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Having to wear all inclusive wrist bands and also having to have your room key swiped every time? Evening entertainment very poor

Excellent choice of food. Very friendly staff

The hotel has huge potential....but because of the staff ,i wouldn't stay there again..
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Most of the staff are older then my grandparents.They need retire and make place for young staff . Location is far from the airport.....2 hrs with the bus. If u want to go by taxi to Maspalomas ,dunes,aqua park u have to pay around 60 eur for a return trip.

Good facilities,amazing swimming pool. Amazing food at breakfast and dinner. The amadores beach is the best in Gran canaria.

I recently stayed here with my girlfriend a few weeks ago.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

I recently stayed here with my girlfriend a few weeks ago. We went for the all inclusive package. The hotel is lovely, beautiful views and the the hotel room was extremely spacious and comfortable. On a slightly disappointing note I thought the food was average. The breakfasts were decent. The lunch was extremely repititive and the dinner was hit and miss. Having said that the food in the Canaries is not great. We ended up going out for dinner on a couple of occasions. I also thought the service in the main bar was poor. Sometimes we were waiting 15 minutes to get served. They do not like you going up and ordering your own drinks. Overall I was extremely happy with the hotel and represented great value for money.

Always enjoyable and welcomed. Will be returning again.. 😁
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The only thing we did not like was being all inclusive the second pool area food is not included so you have to use the cafe by the bigger pool for a snack. Just a short walk to the lift and to another level but could be inconvenient....

Have been here before so knew what to expect. The rooms re lovely with maid service daily, every room looks out over the Amadores beach. Food is plentiful, staff are very helpful, the whole complex is very clean and spacious. There are 2 pools and a kiddie pool. The spa is lovely to use too. The beach is within walking distance if you choose to use it. There really is nothing negative to say about The Gloria Palace Hotel..

Relaxing atmosphere, incredible views and professional staff
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Males having to wear long trousers to dinner was a little inconvenience

The rooms were spacious, exceptionally clean with fantastic views. The property is very relaxed with activities on throughout the day.

Too sad to leave this place.
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The interior design and furniture outdated.

The hotel and staff were extremely accommodating. We put sunbeds on the balcony as a suggestion in the hotel's client survey. The next day the hotel really arranged two huge sunbeds for our room!

Great animation teamed hotel and spa
    • Twin Room with Sea View and Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The hotel room was unclean. Had to ask everyday for tea/ coffee milk as we had enough to make one cup each everyday day?

The animation team were friendly, professional and aqua aerobics great fun