Reviews of Duquesa de Cardona 4* Sup 4 stars

Passeig Colom, 12, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

#84 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

A real gem in Barcelona .I would go back tomorrow if I could.
    • Standard Interior Room

I have no complaints regarding my stay.

Comfortable well air-conditioned room with Harbor view. Very quiet despite location .Ideal location for walking ,cab or subways.Grand buffet breakfast .Courteous staff who were very helpful.Lovely facility with real charm.

We mentioned that we were there on our honeymoon when making...
    • Standard Interior Room

We mentioned that we were there on our honeymoon when making our booking. On our arrival, we were too early to check in, but they arranged for us to be checked in slightly earlier. We went for lunch and when we came back we were given our room key (our bags had been delivered to our room, which was a lovely gesture) and we were given a bottle of champagne with a well-presented nutty snack and “happy honeymoon” was written on the bathroom mirror.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great rooms, fair price, excellent staff and location. We will definitely stay here again.
    • Family Room

If there is a festival on Friday and Saturday night expect noisy revellers until at least 3am. The music continues until then. We had a street/water facing room and the noise did disturb our sleep despite substantial windows/doors.

Fantastic room. Great location near to the beach and harbour. Lots of good restaurants and places to see nearby. Easy walk to a lot of sights. Near the water end of La Rambla, great to stroll up this road. Taxis are cheap and easy to get. Didn't need to book one except at 6am to get to the airport. Trains and buses very convenient and cheap if you by a 3 or 4 day ticket. The hotel staff were outstanding with all our needs. They booked several things for us without trouble. The terrace bar had great views over the water. Great to relax and enjoy a drink after a big day walking around. Two plunge pools are OK but not very big compared to what we expect from Australia.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Stayed for 5 nights out of ten then and returned 5 days later to end our trip on the final night.
    • Premium Double Room

If I had to dislike something I’d have to say they didn’t have enough soap in the room. Only one of the tiniest of tiny bars. We had to ask for more. That’s it. Other than that it was perfecto.

The Operations Manager Miguel was outstanding. We were tired and had to wait for a room and started to get cranky. He came out of his office and turned the whole thing around. Fantastic front of the house staff from that moment forward.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Barcelona is full on - this hotel is a comfortable place to recharge your batteries!

My only complaint was that our room was a bit dark - dark coloured furniture, fixtures etc - would have preferred brighter as our room was at back of hotel so there wasn't much natural light.

Good location, really comfy bed and nice rooftop bar area with 2 small pools and great views. Nice touch to offer free coffee, tea and snacks in the afternoon.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel itself was...
    • Standard Interior Room

1. The pool was a postage stamp, I feel the marketing was MISLEADING and I was very unhappy 2. The desk chair was old, VERY uncomfortable and inappropriate for working 3. The power tripped when I was using the iron and the kettle at the same time...not good 4. There was no gym 5. Breakfast was good, but the staff were very 'officious'. For example I asked if I could have Salmon with my eggs and the answer was NO. However I could order then separately! I would not stay there again and I feel the pictures are MISLEADING and MISREPRESENTING.

Staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel itself was beautiful, and a great location. Terrace views were great...

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

One of the best in Barcelona
    • Deluxe Double Room with Port View

Air con wasn’t working so room was very warm indeed. Ants in the room, which at this time of year is hard to avoid. No iron or ironing board but would still highly rate the property and will certainly return again and again.

Staff are absolutely superb. Nothing is too much trouble. Truly world class service. Wonderful location. Fantastic roof top terrace and bar. Welcome was like coming home! Excellent.

A pricey, but personal and comfortable stay in a city I absolutely adore.

The price is high and if you stay for a week and eat in-house you might be looking to cut costs elsewhere. Room cleaning was inconsistent, if you were in the room at any time during the day. Views from anything but the front-facing rooms are non-existent.

This is a boutique hotel in a really prime position and attention to detail is impressive. When the dinning service is not available, you can access a light meal (rolls, pastries and drinks) free of charge and each room has a handset that allows free international calls. The roof terrace has a great feel and even though the two pools are plunge, rather than swimming, the views of the Barcelona waterfront are spectacular. Their Wagyu steak is perfect. Barceloneta beach is a 15 minute walk and the green and red bus routes allow access to all the treasures of the city. We had a memorable time as a family with 3 sons aged 20, give or take a couple of years.

Location was great and staff very friendly.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The people staying near me were very noisy could hear conversations, baby crying and doors slamming. House keeping didn’t always replenish items.

Location was great and staff very friendly. The mobile phone provided was useful.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

We spent most of our time out around Barcelona and looked forward to returning to relax very comfor.
    • Standard Interior Room

We stayed 3 nights and coffee not replaced an oversit. I am sure if I called reception they would have brought me some. But future guests may not be so happy.

It has a traditional look in reception very pleasant also staff. We forgot something on departure and no trouble when called receptionist looked in room and found what we had left. Roof top bar restaurant very convenient after busy day. Breakfast also enjoyable.Great location and clean would recommend and return.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Lovely beds, super stylish, quiet and amazing views from the...
    • Family Room

Bar service on the roof , not tidying and not attentive . But very pleasant .

Lovely beds, super stylish, quiet and amazing views from the roof terrace

Amazing hotel!We loved everything about it!

Everything!!! Best location, great staff!We would like to thank Anna ,Mar, Ruben and Ercu for being so kind and helpful!The rooms were really comfortable and clean!The breakfast delicious!The rooftop spectacular!We loved everything about this hotel!Highly recommended!We will be back!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Greta location, friendly helpful staff, would recommend to anyone.

Pool was a disappointment.

The rooftop terrace was excellent Te pool disappointing, ok for children under 8 but not for adults or older/taller kids. Te location was exceptional, close to everything. Easy to get to from airport and convenient to restaurants, bars, shopping and tourist attractions. Loved this hotel. The free bottle of Cava was a nice surprise. Our room looked out onto the avenue and the noise was cut out with double glazing. The beds could have been more comfortable. The staff are lovely. Helpful and made us feel very welcome. Greeting us on our return back to the hotel each day with a smile and asking how our day was.

The level of service is very variable.
    • Superior Room Disable Access

The level of service is very variable. At the reception the first day, people was very friendly, specially the guys at the entrance and the lady that scort me to my room. Then, when the shift changed (younger ladies), they were sort of unpersonal and almost arrogant. Next day at 6:00 am when I wanted to do my check-out, the gentleman was somewhere else and at the end it took me about 15 minutes until I was done. Terrace is great but the service is also not the best one. There is a hotel just aside, also with a terrance: there the level of the service is outstanding. I have been travelling to Barcelona for almost 10 years on a regular basis. To be honest I would not stay again at this hotel.

Nice city, great food, lot of things to do.
    • Standard Interior Room

First night was a lot of noise from outside ( probably because France qualified for the world cup final)

Lovely place, loved everything at the hotel and the staff is amazing.

The location for the summer time is very comfortable.

Breakfast cost us money, but the value was not for that at all. No fresh vegetables, strange coffee, too cocked meal and quite heavy for the breakfast. Concierge closed the door while he was absent somewhere at the hotel and we were not able to enter the hotel at midnight. Bell didn’t help us, so we waited for 5 min outside.

The location for the summer time is very comfortable.

Great staff with great location!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Port View

Personal: there is no gym in the hotel General: there is no parking. And I've had an unpleasant experience with the private parking, where I left my car (called Parking Corsal) - never leave your car there, they are really not prudent with it. They moved my car manually without putting it into "Parking" mode, so my battery was completely off and I had to call special service to charge it. So, best use a public parking, it is the same price as the private one, but you will not have problems.

From the start you can see that the management of the hotel is more, than proper. You feel, that they want to be a 5 star. From the very beginning, the guy called Ruben (I don't know exactly, if he is a bellman or a receptionist, but it does not matter) - helped me out to find a parking, and was just overnice (and not just playing nice, it is visible that he is a nice person). Everything is up to the level - the complimentary water upon arrival, on the reception, even some free snacks during the day, bathrobes and even bath salt on demand - this is really something! The location is also great, I sincerely cannot find big flaws.

Roof top bar food was excellent.
    • Family Room

Roof top bar food was excellent. Best Cava we had on our trip. Great location and superb facilities. Free cake, sandwiches and coffee during the day. Staff were great.

Excellent hotel close to Port Vell
    • Family Room

Hotel is great, excellent location, very good staff. It is located very close to Port Vell and to the beginning of La Rambla where the monument to Cristobal Colon is. The hotel internal environments are gorgeous, we particularly liked the lobby and its bar, as well as the rooftop bar. Our room was outstanding, very large and comfortable; bathroom great, with everything needed. We were offered a lot of treats: free glasses of cava for the four of us on the rooftop bar, then another bottle of cava for us in the room, and finally we were gift chocolate at our check out. Breakfast was super.

Very enjoyable city break at this wonderful hotel smack bang in the centre of it all!
    • Superior Double Room with Extra Bed

The only thing that could be improved is the hair dryer which was very weak and fixed to the wall and that the snacks downstairs could be covered during the day to keep flies away.

Really lovely hotel with all mod cons but still maintaining the traditional style of the building downstairs. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we loved the rooftop bar which also had great food! The location is unbeatable

Terrific location, wonderful amenities, chic design
    • Standard Interior Room

We had a small issue with the front desk calling a cab and thought they could have communicated better with us about the over 30 minute delay and setting expectations about availability, time of day, etc.

Super comfortable bed and pillows; we loved the fact that there were afternoon snacks available!

Expensive but mostly great attention to detail and worth it to us.

English breakfast tea in very short supply! Basin in bedroom, prefer not.

Charming staff, excellent location, comfortable beds, lovely rooftop terrace. Ruben helped find us two excellent local restaurants.

Great hotel and great location for a pre or post cruise stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Port View

Very helpful staff that helped with charging phones and did best to get us into our room a little early as we arrived in the morning. The location for us was perfect because we took a cruise in the morning and we were close enough to walk with our luggage to the cruise ship. We also jogged along the beach and board walk which was very nice. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t ideal for utilizing the upstairs pool and bar but it looked very inviting.

Great location, lovely roof terrace, fantastic staff

Rooms at the back have a lively street below and can be noisy late into the night. Pay for a room at the front.

Great location, lovely roof terrace, fantastic staff

The perfect place!
    • Standard Interior Room

The staff were amazingly friendly, welcoming and informative. They went out of their way each day to ensure we had the best time - including making reservations for us, and taking the time to guide us around the city. In particular, Oksana, Davide and Ruben. Thank you so much, we will definitely be back!!

Perfect location, comfortable, relaxing, ideal

The staff were all friendly and very helpful. The trip was partly to celebrate my husbands birthday. When we checked it we were welcomed with a "Happy Birthday " on the bathroom mirror, glass of Cava and cake, theses touches are what made out stay special.

The property is superbly located right out across the Marina.
    • Standard Interior Room

The staff are exceptional. Oksanna thank you so much for looking after us so well. My friend and I went for our birthday and we were greeted by complimentary bottle of bubbly and chocolates! Also on my birthday another bottle of lovely Cava. We felt very special- thank you Dequesta de Cardona Hotel and exceptional staff! We will definitely come back!

The property is superbly located right out across the Marina. Stunning views from the roof top terrace.

Excellent accommodation. Would recommend this property for superb location and service satisfaction.

Loud event on the Saturday night downstairs in hotel which could be heard until the early hours.

Service; roof top bar; friendly atmosphere - any requests were dealt with straight away and accommodated.

Location is perfect.
    • Standard Interior Room

The room smelled like cigarettes and we didn’t have a good view

Location is perfect. staff were amazing! clean furniture and decor of hotel best part was the roof top!

would recommend Duquesa De Cardona to our friends
    • Standard Interior Room

restaurant a bit pricey and selection of available meals was small

hotel in great location, roof top terrace lovely; staff very attentive;cleanliness and comfort of room

As always, a home away from home!!

No complaints!

The people at the front desk were amazing!! Especially Reuben. They were friendly, patient, knowledgeable and very helpful. They set a positive atmosphere for the hotel and make all guests feel welcome, appreciated and valued. I would never think of staying elsewhere. Linda Chapman

Such a lovely and relaxing 3 day break at a beautiful hotel

Could not understand why there was a 3euro charge, per person, for eggs benidict at breakfast, yes a small charge, but why???? Seemed silly and unnecessary.

The staff were very friendly and helpful from the moment of arrival, location was perfect, close to everything, choice at breakfast was excellent and roof terrace was such a lovely place to relax.

Exceptional!
    • Standard Interior Room

Very nice boutique hotel. I wish I have had time to stay there for more than one night and use their facilities like the swimming pool on the roof overlooking the harbor. They also have professional and very polite staff.

Excellent Hotel , staff were more than Helpful , nothing was...
    • Standard Interior Room

Excellent Hotel , staff were more than Helpful , nothing was to trouble with Directions and any questions we had . Also they always had a smile for everyone :)

Friendly staff, good location and nice hotel
    • Standard Interior Room

The staff were very friendly and could answer all my questions. The newly refurbished bar area was nice with a free drink voucher on arrival. Good location and clean hotel.

Staff was great....room was not so great. I probably wouldn’t stay there again. It was too expensive

The room I stayed in was extremely small and definitely not worth the money I paid. I did peek into some other rooms and they were quite large. Cleaning service was very lack luster. They consistently left garbage and food trays in the room.

Staff was extremely helpful.

Really nice but you pay a premium for the rooftop, so make sure it's going to be hot.
    • Standard Interior Room

Service at the rooftop terrace(which is beautiful) was slow, and could only order food at certain times which was frustrating. The staff were, if anything, over attentive which was maybe a bit overbearing.

Rooftop terrace is beautiful, comfy rooms, and the location is perfect.

Perfect City Break
    • Superior Double Room with Extra Bed

Sometimes the service in the bars was a bit slow if it was busy

What a gorgeous independent hotel opposite the Marina with a roof terrace and dip pool. Perfect location for exploring both the city and beach. The staff were excellent and couldn’t do enough for you. Food and wine we had was all excellent. The room was a well designed L shape with a full sized single bed for our teenager and an extra large double for us. Plenty of complimentary toiletries supplied including toothbrushes and toothpaste, dressing gowns and slippers. Excellent free WiFi

Cant wait to go back here

everything was perfect here

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. the staff were fantastic and friendly and made you feel welcome immediately. Ruben is a real good helpful guy and the world needs more people like him and he should be the manager one day, top man !!

good, and i enjoyed my stay, location is excellent
    • Standard Interior Room

sound proof of the room. rather limited choices on the menu.

the staff were excellent.. very attentive, very polite and very helpful. the sound proof of my room was poor.. i could hear water running from upstairs and the big argument between the English couple staying in the room above me, the throwing of furniture was of course a bonus!!! otherwise, i like the hotel, and i would stay there again providing the couple above me will not come along...

The best in Barcelona

A well-done renewed charm hotel, very big rooms, amazing view (included the rooftop bar in the 6 floor) and great location. A high rating to the excellent service... better than high rated five stars hotel.

Amazing hotel, lovely roof top terrace
    • Standard Interior Room

Amazing stay at this very nice hotel! Comfy bed, good shower, extremely friendly staff. Free glass of cava. Very nice roof top terrace. Good location, lovely view of the marina and lots of nice bars and restaurants nearby.

This beautiful, relaxing hotel was th perect place to return to after a full day exploring Barcelona

The window was a bit small in the room, so you need the light on all the time, but... not really a big deal.

If I could find a fault with this hotel I would mention it - but I honestly can't! The decor, staff, breakfast, size of rooms, comfort, location, were all perfect to be honest. In particular though I really must commend the staff, they were so nice, helpful and friendly, but still professional. I would stay here again if I visited Barcelona.

Lovely weekend stay, close to everything

Nothing to fault here

Great location for El Born, Harbour, Beach, airport. Hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. Good breakfast, clean rooms, nice rooftop terrace.

Familiar warm and comforting
    • Standard Interior Room

Everything, they go the extra mile. Free champagne on arrival, free chocolate when we checked out. Great rooms, amazing beds, choice of 6 different types of pillows! Not that you need that but this is the attention to detail, which is required in hospitality.

Kids-friendly hotel with very pleasant staff
    • Family Room

It was a bit dusty in the family room so we avoided to put baby kid on the floor during first night. Looks like the room was abandoned till we came and it was not wet cleaned just prior to our arrival. But later the cleaning was perfect and staff was doing great to clean the room after all the kids activities.

The staff was friendly during all the stay. We had 2 children of 1 and 3 yo and that means a lot of trash around. Especially during the breakfast time. And staff never complained and helped us with all the requests. We are really happy and thankful for this approach. Truly kids-friendly hotel!

Great Place to stay
    • Standard Interior Room

Not very much not to like.

It was centrally located in the port area. Lots of places to eat and shop. Large explained outside which was very busy with lots of locals and tourists alike.

A fantastic hotel
    • Family Room

Nothing really. At least not in our experience

I loved the location. Staff was very friendly and well trained. On arrival they gave us a tour of hotel. Normally this wont happen. Room comfy, u can adjust temp, we got room with balcony and marina view. Room very perfectly cleaned each day. La Ramble central place just 8-10 minutes. Gothic quarter at the back and beach 10 min walk. I am really impressed with the stay. I an frequent traveller with kids for leisure and highly recommend to stay here. Mike from the kitchen provided excellent room service. You can order food and breakfast in room.

Disappointing for 4 star and price paid for port views
    • Standard Interior Room

Room was extremely disappointing. Only choice was first floor - bare half a circle window and we only booked this hotel for its "port views" Room was small and basic for 4 star hotel. Atmosphere of hotel was non existent. It could have been off season in Feb but it was like a ghost town for being "fully booked". We had reserved dinner in Sherry Tapas hotel restaurant (thought from website it was on rooftop) this is only the case in better season (it was a glorious day!) we canceled our dinner reservation as restaurant is just off lobby and no atmosphere (no one there!) and went to eat in town! Rooftop terrace bar was closed not even a coffee to be got from rooftop or drink. We had to ask reception to ask for a bar server for downstairs bar to get a drink as no one is around!

The location was amazing and decor of hotel was beautiful.

Great beds, very good breakfast.
    • Standard Interior Room

We were not very impressed by the way the check-in was handled. The first thing the girl at the reception said when we arrived at the desk: "Your passport or ID?". Nicer would be: "Buenas tardes" or "Good afternoon". It's a detail and easy to improve, we think.

Great beds, very good breakfast.

The hotel has amazing staff that greet you with a very warm...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Port View

Avoid a particular red wine in the bar! It will leave you needing dental work due to the sugar levels.

The hotel has amazing staff that greet you with a very warm reception. Our room was very clean with lovely little welcoming touch’s (truffle box) on arrival. The hotel bar/restaurant has a really relaxed ambiance and can cater for a variety of moods.

Great, would go back again

Only issue was the shower in room 25 leaked out onto the floor, reported this to the house keeper, so hopefully the next guests wont have to deal with it.

Staff where very attentive and some nice touches, such as complimentary Cava on arrival. Also, from 2.00pm till 6.00pm free coffee and nibbles for guests each day.

Good stay but in house food offering poor. No view from room just a brick wall.

Room had no view, only a brick wall opposite the window. No "City view" that I thought I booked. In hotel dining very poor, only Sherry bar open with very limited selection of food. Room booked a "Superior Double" but only one chair.

Great location, very friendly staff, free snacks in the afternoon.

Excellent!
    • Superior Double Room with Extra Bed

The staff, especially Ivelca our breakfast waitress, were extremely friendly and helpful. We would stay again in a heartbeat! Thanks for a memorable week in Barcelona.

relaxing top notch hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Port View

there is nothing not to like about here.

Great hotel great location, staff were fantastic with us again, its our second time staying here and we found they had extended the ground floor to include a very pleasant bar area with friendly helpful bar staff. The rooms here are lovely, both times we have had a view of the front of the hotel with a tiny balcony overlooking the harbour. We ordered room service and the food was fantastic. The roof terrace is lovely (although a little nippy this time of year - February). ordered champagne and chocies as a special celebration and pleasantly surprised with the quality. cannot fault Duquesa de Cardona and would definitely recommend and will definitely return.

The location was great.

The only negative thing is that noise carries, especially the banging of the doors as they close. We were woken up at night by others going to their rooms, could hear them talking, etc. That would be my only complaint. Everything else was wonderful.

The location was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was beautiful with a great rooftop terrace. Rooms clean and very comfortable. Great breakfast.

perfect spot for a quick hop in to Barcelona with faboluse view on port, however bit loud
    • Standard Interior Room

outside noise, no sun at rooms (window going out to small allay between buildings), bathroom could be better muted and made.

Roof terrace was awesome, breakfast very tasty

• Standard Interior Room

The walls were so thin in the rooms, we were kept awake every night and woken every morning. The air con was awful so we were boiling hot and there was one window which , when opened, let in far too much noise because it echoed all the way down to the bottom floor.

Loved the afternoon ‘free’ area where there were snacks and refreshments. Rooms serviced everyday

Location and quality of hotel
    • Standard Interior Room

The first night was very noisy due to the location of the room. However, we were soon moved and upgraded after we spoke to the staff about this. The room we were upgraded to was stunning!!

Location and quality of hotel

Amazing service.
    • Standard Interior Room

Tv stations in English were limited. Breakfast was okay, could have done with a better selection for non meat eaters on hot breakfast.

Amazing service. Looked after all our needs and exceeded expectations brilliant location in close proximity to all major locations- las ramblas, port vell, the beach, aquarium and the beautiful gothic quarter

Absolutely a wonderful experience to stay at this historical...
    • Standard Interior Room

It's near to the sea side. But far from the city center.

Absolutely a wonderful experience to stay at this historical hotel. Great stuff beautiful decoration huge and comfortable bed. We can change the pillow according to our preference. There's are 3 theme that we can chose. Also they provide chamber parfum. Really good.

Great experience and would definitely stay there again.
    • Superior Double Room with Extra Bed

The drainage of vanity sink was problematic and thought the cleaning person would have notice and informed management. This was not the case. Full disclosure, we worked around this and let management know upon our departure.

Centrally located, this property was easily surrounded by tons of places to eat, entertainment and transportation. Hotel offered perks that we didn't expect like mid-day snack for free until 7pm. Staff was very attentive and proactive when there was an incorrect charge on my account. They looked into it, corrected and emailed with the action me while I was on my way to the airport. Important to me prior to my visit was the quick responses to my questions and requests.

Welcoming us with introduction to the building and its...
    • Superior Room Disable Access

Welcoming us with introduction to the building and its history was very interesting and I liked it. Also the staff was very helpful for everything we needed and asked for.

Excellence with a human touch!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I rarely review a hotel and I don't think I gave such perfect score before. In this case I had to make an exception and appraise these people for how they running their hotel, how they take care of their customers and go forth and beyond for making their guests feel good, appreciated and welcomed. Thank you guys for making our staying there such a nice memory! I hope to meet you again soon!

The perfect place to stay in Barcelona.
    • Standard Interior Room

The location is at the center of all the main tourist attractions and by the sea at the same time. Perfect. The beautiful illumination of the facade for the festivities was very welcome.

Great hotel, fantastic location and staff can't do...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room was very hot so had to keep balcony open which made it a little noisy although I understand the hotel is working on this for 2018.

Great hotel, fantastic location and staff can't do enough for you. We had some great recommendations for dinner from the bar man and the best olive in the world is a must try! The gins are pretty good too!

Everything as advertised
    • Deluxe Double Room with Port View

Although the hot breakfast looked delicious the bacon and sausages were luke-warm to cold.

The staff were exemplary: helpful, friendly and efficient. Everyone went out of their way to be of assistance.

No regrets and location location location.
    • Family Room

If it was warmer weather we could have used the pool. It maybe worth while for the hotel to invest in facilities to heat the pool during the cooler months. The roof top views are amazing and it was a shame not being able to maximise its use.

Overall it was well styled. The rooms were comfortable and the toilet and bathroom were very clean. Staff were very friendly and always willing to help. To top it off breakfast was a treat and the scacks and coffee the hotel provides free of charge during the day was appreciated.

Simply brilliant

The only negative points were the fact that the rooftop pool (!) was not heated, that there was no sauna (and other spa options) and that there were not too many vegetarian options (but here the staff after asking tried to provide some more!) among the breakfast and restaurant choices.

The Duquesa was simply the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The building and the rooms are nothing less but beautiful and have a very exclusive feel to them. The staff was super friendly, professional and helpful. I got even to choose what kind of pillow I prefer and which fragrance I want in my room. There was a free snack buffet the whole afternoon. In the room a welcome present in the form of a bottle of cava waited for me. I am very happy with my stay and my choice.

A lovely place to stay, everything was just perfect.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Port View

Could not fault it, loved it all.

The staff were just great, the hotel just oozed class, the location was just right, walk to Las Ramblas and a stroll to the beach. Can highly recommend the Tapas...not your run of the mill Tapas! Bed was really comfortable and the view from the marina facing room was a treat. The roof terrace is a must!

Lovely boutique hotel, with excellent staff. Good location, nearby to Gothic Quarter and the beach
    • Superior Double Room with Extra Bed

Staff were excellent. Friendly at every opportunity and offered us plenty of help and advice regarding Barcelona. (All of the reception staff were great, especially Ruben who was attentive and helpful)

Highly recommended
    • Superior Double Room with Extra Bed

Although it's winter and cold. It would be nice if they cleaned the swimming pool at the roof patio

Amazing hotel, this is the second hotel we tryin Barcelona within 10 days. The room was spacious (triple beds). They would ask you things like what's your favorite air refresher lavender? etc. What's your favorite pillow? They have the complimentry snack bar from 12 to 7 pm. Breakfast buffet was great. We were overall impressed. Also Ruben from the reception desk was very helpful

Perfecto!

nothing - everything was great!

Staff was extremely professional and made us feel welcomed. Rooms were excellent and very comfortable and spacious. We stayed in 4 different hotels during our 8 days in Spain and this was by far the best one and we wish we would've stayed longer!

Location, lobby, staff, and
    • Superior Room Disable Access

One of the night staaf does bot have good attitude to the customers, don't smile lokking all the time. Its like we are staying from his pocket in the hotel. It does happen every single night. The rest staff are fantastic

Location, lobby, staff, and

Excellent!
    • Standard Interior Room

The staff were lovely. They had nice touches like the business cards with a mini map of the city and a translations page. The room was outstanding too, very clean, spacious, big comfy bed (had the best night sleep) and the balcony had great views. There common ground areas were very lush with luxury textiles and grand piano. I will most definitely stay here again! especially as it is a short trip from the airport but yet in a prime location near the gothic quarter! Perfection!

Browse Duquesa de Cardona 4* Sup traveller photo gallery