Reviews of Hotel Fuerte Marbella 4 stars

Calle El Fuerte, s/n, 29602 Marbella, Spain

#9 of 59 hotels in Marbella

Excellent hotel located in the heart of Old Town Marbella.
    • Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Excellent hotel located in the heart of Old Town Marbella.. The staff are very welcoming and helpful from you arrive until you leave.. Would highly recommend this beautiful hotel.

It was offically 4 stars but if you take superior ,its more...
    • Exclusive Double Room with Front Sea View

We took a bus tour to Alhambra from the hotel and the quality of this tour company was quite poor (dont remember the name but their symbol is red heart).Suggestion for the hotel-change the tour company.

It was offically 4 stars but if you take superior ,its more like 5 stars.

Location is great.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The beach is not so nice and when we were there, they were heaps of jellyfish but i reckon that was unusual for the mediterranean..

Location is great. The hotel itself, spacious, comfy, super nice! Breakfast the best!!

Perfect relaxing stay in Marbella!

- Small note: unfortunately kids club already closed on Sept. 01 (end of Spanish summer vacation); while our daughter loved it and there were still many kids in the hotel.

- Very nice staff & personnel (all over the hotel)! - Perfect breakfast and diner; with opportunity to sit and dine outside with see view. - Well equiped & spacious rooms - we had a junior suite (2 rooms connected via corridor) which is perfect with 2 small kids (1 and 5 years) with nice side see view. Initially, we had the room at the first floor (147) which was also spacious but far less nice (especially terrace). After sharing our complaints at the reception, we got another room (447) the next day. - Great location - although we hardly didn't get out of the hotel (with 2 small childeren), the hotel is right in the historical city center of Marbella and at the seaside with private beach (club & bar/resto) We have stayed in many 5-* hotels which were less than this 4-* hotel. Here and there it is a little outdated (mainly the rooms) but all is there, functions well and is clean. We definitely will come back...

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Not one of the best holidays not even close
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Beach with rocks and medusas and they bite so be careful,the service on the beach is more than awfull.We had a serious problem there but the manager did the right thing,i would rate the manager than the hotel.Very desapointed overal.

The hotel itself is nice but the rooms were 3 stars,for 500 euro per day i have expected more.The food was good,also the staff were very nice,nothing to complain about it.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

the Reception Personal Gloria, Amazing lovely sweet and so...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The cleaning lady took my personal things and threw them away, while I was setting at the Pool without asking first because I was away for 30 mints. actually, I expected a refund.

the Reception Personal Gloria, Amazing lovely sweet and so helpful, Thank you so much,

Everything is amazing in this hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The beach is private but with stones, the water is not so clean like the others beaches near to the hotel. The hotel is expensive and they have additional cost for the parking (14€ per day).

Everything is amazing in this hotel. Top location, because is near the old town. The breakfast is delicious, the terrace gives you amazing view early morning. For the people who love to sleep more they can eat from 07:30 to 11:00. This is the first hotel in Spain near to the beach and that’s why the price is little more expensive.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Fabulous!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Maybe there could have been a games room or a table tennis game for the children?

Fabulous hotel. Ideal location. Wonderful breakfasts in a beautiful dining room. Service with a smile every single day. One of the best hotels that I have stayed in.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Perfect place to relax.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. Perhaps more activities for the kids. Maybe a games room, ping pong table?

Wonderful staff - so helpful and friendly. The place was so clean and tidy, and the bedrooms immaculately cleaned each day. Breakfast was amazing - so much choice and delicious. Wi-if throughout the hotel was great for the kids. Love the fact that sun loungers can’t be reserved. It stops the unseemly dawn raids down to the pool and ensures you can always find a bed. A wonderful hotel right on the sea front and a few minutes walk to the old town. Perfect place to unwind.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Lovely hotel in great location just a bit pricey on food
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The price of the drink in the hotel was very reasonable but the price of food very high priced for a snack 20 euros for a burger and 8 euros for a fries thought this a bit too expensive as there are plenty of good restaurants close by very reasonable priced we eat once and beach club during the day but was overpriced for what we got had the prices been a bit lower we would have eaten in the hotel some nights have to watch waiters seem to get bills mixed up sometimes and as we paid cash for everything were surprised at check out when they said we had a bill to pay for drink which we did not sign for it was not my husband signature ! this would however not stop us staying at hotel again we have stayed at sister hotel Amare and prefered this one better will be back next year

The public areas and the pool was lovely we loved the beach club beds very comfy and large beach towels provided and waiter service very good

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Wonderful! Would definitely go again.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Not a huge number of activities available -particularly for children.

Staff were all lovely. Love the fact that you can’t reseve sun loungers - no unseemly early morning nonsense with the laying of the towels by greedy individuals who then don’t occupy the loungers until late afternoon. The life guards remove towels from unoccupied beds after an hour. Wonderful! Always a lounger available because of this.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Absolutely fantastic hotel with superb service!

I can only rave about this hotel property! We did upgrade to the "Exclusive" level which provided extra access, but our friends who did not, were also delighted with the hotel and services. We'd previously visited Marbella and stayed in an apartment, but this was the most wonderful way to be pampered.

Hotel was great and holiday very relaxing desite the other awkward guests.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I think your pool attendant could have been more assertive with a particularly rude other guest. Myself and my partner were sunbathing when another elderly couple arrived at the adjacent bed and demanded the umbrella to be put up by the pool attendant. Due to the position of the sun this put our beds in the shade. When I complained and asked they relocate to the next beds down as there were plenty available I was met with abuse from the elderly couple and advised that they were not going to move. I could not really do anything about it however I would have expected your pool attendant to have intervened and asked them to move or at least move the umbrella so we were no longer in the shade. I think he was a bit intimidated by them as they were not particularly easy going. We ended up moving which I was a bit angry about.

The location of the hotel is excellent which is why I booked having stayed there numerous times before. There is a wide and varied selection of breakfast and the staff are very attentive and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly book again.

Best hotel on the beach
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No need to take the buffet breakfast in the large restaurant. For the same price one can eat much better at the a la carte restaurant at the pool.

Care is taken by hotel to keep it tidy and clean. Restaurant at the pool is excellent.

Look forward to coming back again
    • Exclusive Double Room with Front Sea View

Staff were really friendly. Entertainment nights were very good . Breakfast was excellent with loads of choice . Would recommend this hotel . Pool area and terrace area were very nice.

The location and food options
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Bed bugs in the room (i have bedbug bites all over my back and side). Staff was not very helpful at the front desk (only two people checking/in-out during peak times).

The location and food options

The location is great.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I had to change room during my stay because of their hotel booking management system. We also planned to extend our stay and they had rooms available, but they asked us if we would like to extend then we have to change room every day for our two days extend which wasn't convenient.

The location is great. Close to beach and a walk to old city

I loved every aspect of this hotel stay!
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

I loved every aspect of this hotel stay! The hotel is beautiful, the staff was attentive, kind and gracious. We arrived on an early flight and our room was not quite ready - we were given towels to freshen up, they invited us to have breakfast and kept us updated by phone when our room was ready. The food! The food was delicious - Buffett breakfast with many options, both hot and cold. Dinner was delectable! Our room was large and spacious, with a beautiful oven front balcony! There were plenty of chairs and room by the pool as well as comfy beach chairs for hotel guests oven front. We’re already planning our return trip next year.. you know where we’ll be staying! El Fuerte!!.

Everything about Hotel Fuerte is excellent from location,...

Everything about Hotel Fuerte is excellent from location, staff, food could not fault a single thing. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Marbella .

Needs updating
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room was dark and dingy and clearly in need of refurbishment. Was not an inviting place to spend time. Very overpriced, we have had much better accommodation at a third of the price.

Great staff, the downstairs lobby and facilities lovely. Breakfast great, lovely view from the terrace of the dining room.

Hotel very secure, plenty of outside space, clean pools and...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room didn’t have a balcony, bar and food prices are very expensive.

Hotel very secure, plenty of outside space, clean pools and staff are so helpful and friendly.

As I’d travelled alone to Marbella for a wedding I was...
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Needed more staff for the Cuban themed night on Saturday.

As I’d travelled alone to Marbella for a wedding I was apprehensive about staying in a hotel I hadn’t previously been to. I had no reason to worry though the staff were very helpful and friendly. I’d definitely stay again.

Fab weekend.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff & Hotel were absolutely brilliant, apart from a rude waiter called Juan who I thought was pretty rude & in helpful , so avoided sitting outside where he was .

Everything couldn't fault the hotel , think I would book executive next time I go for all the extras, definitely be returning. Jose the man on reception was truly amazing from the start of our stay, till the end , very helpful a credit to this hotel .

Super clean Hotel right on the beach.

My single room faced the car park and it would have been nice to have black out blinds as the hotel up light was shining in my room all night, although not bright, it was annoying. It's a shame that children are allowed in the swimming pool that is laned off for people to swim lengths. There is another lovely pool which the children could use. My friend and I were trying to swim lengths, but there were some young children splashing around and playing in the lanes. I did ask the pool attendant if they were allowed to do this and he said yes! Hey ho!

This was my 4th visit to this Hotel. This visit was 12yrs after my last visit. Super hotel. Love it. Staff very friendly and efficient. Very clean. Super location..

Very relaxing holiday in an excellent hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Coffee served in polystyrene cups around pool and on beach. Hairdryer cutting out on higher setting reported it twice and nothing done.

Bed and pillows comfy. room spotless. Pool attendants removing towels from unattended beds. Having two pools one more suitable for adults.

Lovely relaxing break i
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

We upgraded to exclusive package which would have been the icing on the cake if this service had not been over sold as there were not enough sun beds in the area to accommodate

Hotel overlooking lovely beach and close to old town square with numerous shops restaurants and bars. The hotel is exceptionally clean and the staff helpful

Food in the buffet was excellent, the staff were absolutely...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

they had an exclusive charge of 55E per day, this gave you a separate area for sunbeds and a room with free drinks, we requested a room with a sea view, we were shown a room for a charge of 20E a day this was ok but with then advised we had to pay the exclusive charge making 75E/day.I do not like this exclusive idea, a them an us situation, this is not about affordability its the principal.

Food in the buffet was excellent, the staff were absolutely perfect,could not do enough for you. A really good Hotel shame about the exclusive nonsense.

Spent one night at this beachside hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Spent one night at this beachside hotel. Unfortunately we arrived hours later than planned so did not get to enjoy all the amenities. The room was spacious with a balcony and ocean view, but we were on too low a floor to really get much of a view. Very conveniently located by the old city and right at the beach. Breakfast buffet had the most variety of any hotel we stayed at on our week trip and was definitely geared toward the European crowd. The omelette station chef was very friendly and having a good time. They had their own parking garage, over 20 euros per night.

I will be back next year!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough for you. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The location of the hotel is amazing with everything in walking distance. Breakfast was super!

The location and hotel was fantastic, the staff were...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The beds were two singles joined together, so not that great and the hairdryers in the room were old school. Not deal breakers though, still loved our stay!

The location and hotel was fantastic, the staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. A wonderful place to stay in Marbella.

That this was our 5th stay says it all.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

They have still not taken any action to stop people reserving sun beds with towels, although there are signs saying that towels will be removed. If they don't intend to take action, they should remove the signs.

The new restaurant on the beach is first rate.

We were pampered - it's expensive, but worth it!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We have stayed at El Fuerte 3 times before this trip. Only once have we had a room with a true sea view. This trip we were on the side of the hotel with a partial sea view and a nasty view of a gate and some intruder protection! We stayed 3 nights - must we stay longer to warrant a sea view?!!

The location and the service/food is excellent.

Excellent hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel. Everything about it was top class. My wife and I stayed for a long weekend as I participated in Ironman. Good food, facilities (gym), stunning service. All round top, tremendous.

Fab hotel, great location for beach and Old Town

Can't fault this hotel. Its rated as a four star, it deserves a 5 star rating! Beautiful surroundings, own private beach, and so very clean! I would highly recommend this hotel.

Second visit to this hotel and hopefully won't be last. Excellent hotel and location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Minor dislike at breakfast is streaky bacon, last year it was back bacon but breakfast in general has everything you could ask for.

Reception staff were excellent, friendly welcoming and very helpful

We had a lovely week there, my sisters and I thoroughly enjoyed it we wish we had more time.
    • Exclusive Double Room with Front Sea View

I didn’t like all the bicycles going along the promenade, they are dangerous and knocked me down twice. A bicycle lane is needed.

I celebrated my birthday there and was so happy with the attention I got plus the chocolate and drink. The staff were A1 .

Great place to stay, pity they cannot control the weather!

Airconditionong

Wonderful locaton, great staff and friendly service. Nothing is a bother and all staff across all areas are exceedingly helpful. Airconditioning was not set to cool yet as tempetaures were not high and as it was only for one day, very minor issue.

We enjoy staying at this hotel each time we visit
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

The bedroom does not have a full length mirror. I am not a tall lady and could only check the appearance of my upper body, not the full effect.

We enjoy staying at this hotel each time we visit

Me and my wife have visited this hotel annually for almost...
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Me and my wife have visited this hotel annually for almost 10 years now. So obviously we like it. The whole concept works - location, rooms, other facilities, breakfast - and it is a local classic. The best part is the personnel which we of course have learned to know during years. The service is very nice and personnel is extremely friendly. For instance this time Laura helped us by putting a lot of personal effort to solve - for us - an important issue. The only downside of the hotel is that it is a bit pricey, especially sea view rooms.

EXCELLENT!

This hotel was in a perfect location, hotel was lovely and the staff went above and beyond expectations, very helpful and nothing too much trouble. Food excellent both in hotel and beach bar, wouldn't hesitate in going back! Was a five minute walk into the Old Town, which was well worth a visit with cobbled streets and a good selection of tapas bars and restaurants. Along the front were also many bars and cafes, all within walking distance

Wished we had had a bit longer at the hotel...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

While the public areas were really lovely, I felt the bedrooms could do with a makeover.....quite dated but certainly, adequate.

Comfortable bed and great shower....even if it was an over the bath shower . Breakfast selection really good.

Fantastic hotel. Perfect location.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Certain bits showed evidence of wear and tear but not an issue yet. I'm sure they'll get round to them in good time. I have a large car and manoeuvring in the underground car park wasn't much fun. There is plenty of overground parking but I wanted to avoid the rain!

Hotel was pretty full but it's size meant we didn't feel crowded. Very polite and helpful staff from reception desk to bell boys and cleaning staff. Breakfast was excellent. Well worth the price.

Excellent ! No complaints

The weather it was raining !!!

The hotel is in a brilliant location. All the staff were very friendly and very helpful. Would fully recommend a stay there. 5 star accommodation !

Great Location in Marbella
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

staff were nice, but seemed to be more interested in discussing with themselves than waiting on clients, every time I went to the front desk I had to wait while staff were discussing and they seemed annoyed to have to stop and address my questions although they were kind when they spoke to me, perhaps there were internal problems and they were stressed

Nespresso machines at breakfast

excellent friendly atmosphere hotel with cosy bar and sunny terras and garden
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

small older rooms, especially on the first floor in the old building noisy and lights from outside peeping in.

very professional and friendly staff. Excellent location close to the sea and village centre

Comfortable stay but would deserve some refreshing
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel has really good potential but I feel like it deserves some refreshing. It looks a bit old the way it's furnished and designed.

I liked the outside (pool) area and the fact that they had parking on site. The breakfast was good!

Great location, amazing facilities and great staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a bit dated (but still very comfortable) vs the common parts of the hotel, which have recently been modernised to a high standard

Great staff, facilities and an excellent breakfast

Exceptional stay and will return!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Cant fault this hotel for location, cleanliness and staff. We went with my parents for their 60th Wedding Anniversary and they were given a voucher for a bottle of champagne. This started there stay off and felt very welcomed - a lovely touch. All areas of the hotel are spotless and of very high standard. The bar service and food were excellent along with the friendly and attentive staff. The rooms have all you need and the bed is very comfy! Location is a few minutes from the promenade and beach and is a lovely walk both during the day and night with plenty of good priced bars and restaurants. Go slightly up from the promenade to experience the Spanish bars which have excellent tapas! Taxi is approximately 70 Euros from Malaga airport for a half hour journey.

We had a lovely few days altogether, good location, very clean hotel, very friendly staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Had a meal one evening in the restaurant, have been to hotels with better layout and offering for dinner.

There was a wide variety of breakfast foods, to cover all taste and food tolerances.

An excellent location, with many good attributes. Some of the facilities in the rooms are dated.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The arrangements for entering the breakfast for the last couple of days was a tad complicated compared to other days. Whilst there was adequate tables free we, and other guests were asked to wait for a table. This was unnecessary. The bedrooms were not thoroughly cleaned and the facilities such as hairdryers and beds do need updating.

The location is perfect and the staff in reception were excellent. The breakfast food was very good with fresh produce.

Excellent stay I only wish I could have stayed longer to sample the Buffet Dinner menu

As above the quality of the towelling

I felt the only thing that was amiss was the towels felt as though they were quite old. I thought the breakfast was excellent

Loved my short stay here. Wish I had stayed longer.

The metal doors on my balcony were from the 70s r 80s? I shut my thumb in the door by mistake, so be careful! It took a while to find a free, cleared table for breakfast. And this is winter...in summer it must be worse.

Loved this hotel. Maybe because I paid for an upgrade and had a direct view to the sea, with a sunny balcony. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Fabulous breakfast. You are five minutes walking from the Casco Antiguo, which, IMO is the jewel of Marbella. Perfectly located hotel. As it was winter, I got a great deal.

Sonia and Jose at reception were great, helping as much as...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The only thing that brought down the experience was we wanted to move to a full view room but there was no double bed rooms available the night of check in so we agreeded to move rooms the next night garanteed a double room. I hate the idea of putting two bed together and I specifically chose this hotel as they had the option of double beds. And I'd expressed this with reception. When all our stuff was moved to the new room what did we get? Two beds put together.

Sonia and Jose at reception were great, helping as much as they could and were very pleasant to deal with. It was my boyfriend's birthday on one of the nights and from breakfasted was greated and we even got a bottle of cava and chocolates! It was a lovely and unexpected gesture. Waiting staff provided exceptional service throughout the day.

The location is nice, the view is nice
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is old, with old furniture and an extremely noisy bed. There were some guests that stayed all night on the hallway and drank and made a lot of noise and despite notifying the hotel staff, they didn't do anything about it. There were no slippers in the room which I wasn't expecting for a 4 star hotel and clearly brought none with me. The room is pretty cold and there is no heating so we had to put an extra blanket on.

The location is nice, the view is nice

Restful and traditional 4* Spanish hotel near to all Marbella's attractions
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Air-conditioning is not turned on at the hotel until spring as once it is on, it is apparently on across the entire hotel (there is no room-controlled air con). Given we arrived on 30th December and outside temperatures were already up in the 20s, the first room we were shown to (Room 409) which was in the older part of the hotel and facing the sun / sea all day, was "like a sauna"....to quote the bell-boy who came to move our bags eventually to cooler room 437. Also, as our stay was during the New Year period, the hotel was busy and if you arrived for breakfast after 10:15 there was usually a 10 minute queue. Finally, drinks are expensive - on arrival we had a large beer and a gin & tonic and it costed around E15, double what it would have been at a promenade-facing bar just 2 minutes walk away ! Additionally, there is no drinks service by the pool - the hotel is really "missing a trick" here as plenty of people sitting by the pool would have paid the extra cost for a drink.

We liked the room (437) which we were shown to after we complained about the heat in our first room....nevertheless, the temperature still never got below 21.5 degrees at night, quite warm for us for sleeping. Room 437 was in the newer / west wing and was large, with a balcony and positioned at the end of the corridor so there was minimal noise from passers-by. The bed was very large and comfortable, there was a fridge in the room, plenty of storage, a good sized TV and the bathroom was very large with a bath / combined shower. The grounds were well-kept and the pool area was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, well supplied and with plenty of choice. Breakfast ran until 11:00, which was great for us. Location was very good, overlooking the promenade and central to all of Marbella's attractions, only a 5 minute walk from Orange Square and minutes from lots of restaurant choices.

The perfect way to celebrate my 50th Birthday. Thank you

Nothing!!

The friendly staff. The location for visiting both the main drag and the gorgous old town. The food. The fact that they knew it was my birthday and presented me with a cake and a bottle of bubbles. The room facilities and extras like the robes and slippers. The fact that the manager came to see us at our first breakfast to introduce himself and ask for our opinion so far. I could go on, but suffice to say that we couldn't fault any element of our stay. Keep up the good work!!

Great break.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Main outdoor pool not heated although there is a covered heated one.

Stayed before. High standard all round. Good breakfast. Comfy beds. Clean. Excellent location. Weather great.

Great Location, indoor swimming pool very useful if it’s too...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A bit pricey for a 4 star hotel and expensive car park Breakfast is the same from day to day

Great Location, indoor swimming pool very useful if it’s too cold to swim outdoors and friendly staff

Great hotel, great location, friendly staff, parking terrible
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The parking facilities are poor, garage is poorly laid out. Car was damaged in the car park. Outside parking was full, and could only be accessed via a ramp...

Facilities

Excellence in the heart of Old Town Marbella
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Parts were being renovated and some areas had a tired feel to them.

Location is right in the heart of the old town directly on the beach front and yet it has a secluded, quiet elegance. Staff are mature and professional and always helpful and friendly. Breakfast is of the highest standard with excellent selection and outstanding views.

We had a great time
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Shower in indoor swimming pool changing room was cold.

Location.heated indoor swimming pool .breakfast.frienliness of staff.proximity to sea.proximity to old town

• Classic Double or Twin Room

First room I got had a very unpleasant smell. I got a smaller room instead, but the next morning NO HOT WATER. Had to take a cooold shower

Overall a lovely Hotel in a fantastic location, would return
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I had an issue with the dinner on my last night, the steak was not cooked to order and I couldn't eat it and nobody took my drinks order until I had finished my meal so I think they are probably very busy and didn't notice I was unhappy with my meal and had no drink! Poor choice of TV channels, only BBC news which is pretty boring

Lovely hotel in a great location, staff were very welcoming and helpful, as a female solo traveler I felt happy and comfortable at the hotel. The food was good, I slept well, the room would benefit from robes for that extra touch.

Very very cold at night during the off season :(

There was no heating in the room. We asked for some heating and was told that the central heating was not connected because it was warmer during the day. This was during the month of November and it gets cold during the night and this is when you are in your room!? The floor in the bathroom was freezing cold. The hotel offered use some heaters (blowers) which of course did the trick but at 170€ a night you would expect something else. This reflects our overall view of an otherwise very nice hotel.

Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Execellent breakfast with a fantastic view of the ocean.

Great facilities and location.
    • Exclusive Double Room with Front Sea View

Our experience at Soleo restaurant could be better. I’m not talking about the kitchen, but about the welcomeness of the guests.

Great facilities and location. I already miss our breakfasts in the garden under the sun and our balcony with seaview. They have musical evenings, bike rental and daily excursions to Gibraltar, Sevilla, Ronda. The location is perfect for runners: you can run along the long coastline till Puerto Banus and back, it’s about 10km

Could be improved

Can’t use the swimming pool unless you wear a silly hat. In the morning you can get tea without milk, water without tea, or milk without water. If you are lucky you can get all three but not until after you have had your breakfast. In the evening you can get water without ordering, a bottle of wine when you have only ordered a glass, no beer when you have ordered it, or if you are very luck - none of the above.

Close to beach. Staff are nice but could do with a bit of improvement.

Everything about the El Fuerte is excellent stayed a few...
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Was very unhappy with Booking .com booked it as a double room but when I rang hotel to confirm it was only for 1 person.which meant I had an extra €540.00 to pay . It should reall be a lot clearer to the customer. It means I would never use Booking.com again Regards Jacinta Goff

Everything about the El Fuerte is excellent stayed a few times and will definitely go back

Near the city
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

They gave us a very old room in the last floor without elevator, so ee had to up and down by stairs,,, they had to say this in the moment of reservation... bad experience with my wife

Near the city

We were impressed both with the hotel and its location. Marbella is a place to revisit
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

This is a large hotel and the breakfast arrangement was rather chaotic, really need to plan when to eat to avoid queuing

The location, at the beach and just a few meters from the old town was perfect. Service was very good and the reception attentive Breakfast was comprehensive. Entertainment in the evening was good

Looking forward to a return visit
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Cost of food and drink in cafe..€3.20 for a 0.5L bottle of water.

The sun beds were extra comfortable and the area was nice and quiet with no intrusive music. Staff and patrons were respectful of each other's needs.

Top class hotel in a fabulous location
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Comfortable bed, spacious room and a fantastic view. The staff we encountered were the best and most professional we've ever experienced from the cleaners to reception staff!

Brilliant, the weather was superb.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

there was nothing that I didn't like.

been going with my husband to Fuerte hotel for the past 40 years,unfortunately he died so I went with my son, m ore or less a sentimental journey. The hotel was as good as ever and hopefully I shall go again. Super.

very comfortable
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

regarding spa they must advise the client that location outside the hotel, and advise to the receptionist this point

every thing was great starting from the staff ending with all facilities, restaurants food, health club

The location is outstanding and the public areas are lovely. Our room was outdated but still comfort
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Attitude from checkin staff and having to wait almost 2 hours for our room to be cleaned. We were given free drinks though but I'd rather spend the time enjoying the hotel instead of waiting around. It's also very expensive but we had a frontal see view room. So the parking should be free with such a room. Confusion about the pool towels/ green cards which we weren't given or offered at checkin.

We loved the location on the beach. The resort style hotel was amazing although outdated rooms. Very comfortable though. The breakfast was superb. Parking on site is great. The old town is very close and is gorgeous.

Superb location
    • Double or Twin Room with Front Sea View

Great facilities and location. Well maintained with excellent staff. Very good breakfast. Nice to have proper coffee machine in the room. Can't really fault this place, would readily return.