Reviews of Hotel El Mirador 3 stars

Carretera A-404 Malaga-Alhaurín El Grande Km 10, 29120 Alhaurín el Grande, Spain

#4 of 6 hotels in Alhaurín el Grande

staying at this hotel was just hard work, felt very unwelcome,
    • Double or Twin Room

the swimming pool was locked up, no cot in room and did not get it until the next day, room door to a shared terrace did not lock, had to move room twice, not a happy place or helpful place, did not feel welcome at this hotel at all, very small bathrooms.

nothing there is noting i like, the swimming pool was locked up, no cot in room and did not get it until the next day, room door to a shared terrace did not lock, had to move room twice, not a happy place or helpful place, did not feel welcome at this hotel at all.

Let down hotel

The staff were unfriendly and not very helpful. The hotel seemed half closed, they didn’t even bother putting cushions on the sunbeds or chairs so there was nowhere to sit by the pool. Very small, basic room.

The hotel could be great. It has amazing views and lots of space.

Limited facilities
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was laid out in peculiar way, with very little space at either side of bed to get in and out. Room very dark. No kettle in room. Swimming pool only open at certain times. Lots of flies and wasps round the pool all the time. No food available at hotel, and limited choice breakfast especially on first day when given only bread and jam!

Easy access into Alhahrin El Grande and easy for Malaga airport. Lovely grounds and great views.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Pleasant stay here and would go again, but there is room for simple improvements.

Showers are very dated and no slip mats so can easily fall over. There was no staff present to talk to. There was not enough breakfast items and no cutlery, milk.

The views are amazing. Spacious rooms. Lovely pool. Very peaceful.

OK

More of a wedding venue that a hotel. We were fortunate there was no wedding event as they close the pool to guests when that occurs (this is not clear in their booking.com description). Breakfast very basic (bread & jam)

Location (close to Malaga Airport) but quiet in the hills. Good Pool and great views

Serene day spent by lovely pool (check event not on before booking)

Pool is closed to guests when an event is on.I wouldnt book a stay myself if there was a wedding on.Not a problem but bar menu only available.

Beautiful day spent by a lovely pool almost to ourselves.Great views from terrace. 30 min walk to a good selection of restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Stunning views, great location, lovely staff, beautiful pool.
    • Double Room Single Use

Rooms a little dated and basic and beds a bit hard, but would stay here again for sure as really lovely and excellent value in every other way.

Stunning views, great location, lovely staff, beautiful pool.

i needed to stay for two nights. The walk into Grande is 1km and good for use of some nice food.
    • Double Room Single Use

A simple no frills hotel unless you are to wed. But no real problems

The space in the grounds to find peace. Weddings and Communions are the true purpose of the facility. Simply avoid wedding days.

Ok for one night. Breakfast - cup of tea or coffee, toasts, butter and jam and some fruit
    • Double Room Single Use

The hotel has an old style of furniture, terracotta floor in my room, etc, which is not my favourite, but would be enjoyable for people who like old style.

The view was nice. 20-25min to the airport.

Simple place, great views, good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool area was not open when we stayed (early May). It would have been nice to at least use the sun loungers at the pool-side terrace even if the pool was closed.

Lovely place with great views from the terraces. Kind helpful staff too. Excellent local restaurant 15 minute walk away on the outskirts of Alhaurin offering traditional Spanish fare for good value (EUR 15 set menu).

Satisfactory as it met our needs for the two night stay.
    • Double Room Single Use

Most basic of breakfast food ie coffee/ hot chocolate, processed orange juice, prepackaged confectionery or toasted bread with packaged tomato spread or marmalade. Dining room not open at all.

Location close to town (not quite walking distance)yet in a very scenic setting with breathtaking views all around. Old world charm of the entrance lobby and the welcoming atmosphere. The gardens are lush and tropical.

Fairly basic hotel, great views, reasonable value for money
    • Double Room Single Use

Rooms small, beds fine, no central heating just reverse A/C - even in Malaga region nights are cold in February! No outside facilities open, breakfast fairly basic

Fantastic views of Guadalhorce valley

1-3 rd december : We turned up late in the evening and I...
    • Double or Twin Room

1-3 rd december : We turned up late in the evening and I think the man at reception had been waiting for us all day. I did click on 'I don't know' when asked on the booking what time would we arrive. He was very sullen and looked very tired and annoyed. I had to ask for help to carry the suitcase up the stairs for my 72 year old friend. No help was offered. I booked a twin but a kingsize was offered. I asked for a twin. We were taken to room number 2. It was horrible. The smallest and bare room. It was a cold night and the air conditioning system didn't work so we coulnd't have any heat. We were tired and really fed up and asked the receptionist if we could change rooms. This was done with a huff and without a smile or any kindness. He was REALLY red up at this stage! So were we! The room was number 3: a double and a single. At least the heating was working and it was bigger. Still basic though and no coffee and tea making facilities in the room. The rooms just didn't match the exterior and main interior of the hotel which was smart and lavish. We were desperate for a drink but daren't ask the receptionist. We went down for breakfast and stood there in the hallway looking a bit lost. The same guy was at the bar and indicated to sit down on some bar chairs, not in the dining room. We were left wondering what there was to eat and no drink was offered to us at first. He then offered a hot drink ,brought that over and left. I went to the kitchen to ask if there was any food and the guy indicated that he was making something. 2 slices of toast were brought over and we were left to find the jam which was found on top of the bar. There was also some bananas and kiwi to eat. Some spanish people sat down next to us and were offered fresh orange juice. The next day the dining room was opened and the choice of food was as expected ( continental breakfast, fruit, cereals, pain au chocolat, etc). OVerall a poor experience

nice hotel , clean . shame restaurant was shut
    • Double or Twin Room

the room was small, tv was on the dressing table. had to share the balcony was ok but had scandinavians next door who behave on the beach or round the pool in the same way by claiming all sunbeds and chairs are theirs, so had to remind them they dont own everything. restaurant was closed and bar had no bar staff , had to wait for receptionist to see you at bar. very basic bar snacks and can run out.` maybe better in the summer as was oct but was still hot and had customers. good location, alhaurin great for restaurants.

the bed and pillows were very comfortable. the hotel looks lovely. nice breakfast selection. bar prices were good. views were good. good parking cleanliness and good views.

Basic breakfast but at the price I paid I was happy!
    • Double Room Single Use

This is what I am most upset with. I booked to stay here as on your website it advertises a pool!!!! Open all year round, and out of season guest should ask for the key from reception to gain access! The weather was scorching 9/10 October!I feel that I have been missold this hotel. Also on reception it had the hours of which the pool was open!!!! I asked reception and they said no it was closed as from 1st October! You need to be aware of this as I had planned my whole day on using the pool! I was gutted! Booking.com have let me down.

I was allowed to choose my room from a choice of 2. I viewed both and picked the one which was larger and had a balcony.

I would stay again. For me it was quite close to an excelent garden centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

Silly little things., There were 2 bedside lamps but it wasn't possible to plug one in as there wasn't a socket close by.

The situation was very good, slightly out of town & very quiet. Breakfast is included in the price & was better than a lot I've had in other places.

Wonderful views, nice pool and rooms, but let down by poor service levels.
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor staff attitude: no welcome on arrival, the receptionist stayed sitting at desk far away. Despite confirming the pool was still open it was closed, and we got no word of apology when we had to go to desk to get it opened! Very few power sockets in room. Beware! The hot bar snacks are microwave meals and were not good; stick with cold snacks or travel to town (car or taxi needed). Cleaners made lots of noise early morning, about 8 am in the room next to us!

Great views to the west. Lovely big outdoor pool. Very comfortable beds. Easy on-site parking. Good choice at breakfast. Duty manager in morning quickly resolved issue with evening snacks and apologised over some other snags experienced.

Looks good on paper, disappointing that did not live up its online status. Full of negatives.
    • Double or Twin Room

(Note I have recently travelled 3 weeks around Andalusia and Mercia staying in hotels). This hotel is geared up for weddings and seemingly weddings only. As regular guests we felt that we were side-lined are an upcoming wedding. The rooms are up some fairly high-stairs, there is no porter or elevator available, wifi worked for only 2-hours, the air-conditioning was so loud we were unable to sleep, the staff seemed disinterested and outside of our window they were extremely loud. The pool was not furnished as in the pictures. We were told by reception that there was no restaurant facilities and although snacks were available recommended eating out. The local town was extremely difficult to park and felt unsafe. We had planned a relaxing 4-night stay, I cancelled after 1-night. I could not recommend this hotel.

The views are excellent and the car parking facility is large but these are the only things that I am truly able to say I liked.

Staff excellent.I would stay there again ,but would take my own breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast . Everything else was excellent.

I was disappointed that there were no drink making facilities in the room. Breakfast was very disappointing,no crossiants . Breakfast was a toasted roll? fruit or things in packets. worst breakfast in a hotel I have ever had .

Beautiful place to stay with great views.
    • Double or Twin Room

I would suggest they allow the swimming pool to be used from 9am until dusk (not 12 until 6) and the breakfast should be served in the dining room every day (not only when there are lots of guests)

The Hotel is stunning and in a great location if you like to be out of town. The views were amazing! The bedroom was large enough for a family and was decorated in a "rustic" style - not luxurious but comfortable and interesting (not the usual standard hotel). The grounds were beautiful with two fountains that I think were marble or alabasta, and lots of statues and lovely carved features such as the wedding gazebo. The pool changing rooms were decorated with blue tiles and more carvings to give a Moorish look - excellent. There was also an outside bar but this was not in use during our visit. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - especially if you are bored with the usual hotels on offer.

Just what was needed after a day in the saddle.

The breakfast was pretty much an after thought, but did fill a gap.

We were there as a stop off during a charity bike ride. The staff were accommodating and let us use a banquet hall to securely stow the bikes. As we had arrived by bicycle the swimming pool was most appreciated.

Mirador Hotel

Breakfast was limited

The hotel was well situated with wonderful views across the valley. The pool area was great. It says three star but its better than that.

Not as pictured
    • Double or Twin Room

The ac was very loud and did a poor job. The bar did not serve any food or drink of quality. The rooms pictured looked much better than the one we got, even though we were some of the few guests at the time. The breakfast was terrible. We got toast without any ham or other topping.

Beautiful location

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Beautiful location more for weddings and events
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast on first day was in the bar and not the dining room and was not what we expected...it was better on the second day with far more choice in the dining room.Also dining room not open for any dining other than breakfast...also it appears that the hotel operates with skeleton staff during the week and probably only have full quota for weddings and events ....

Location,views,staff helpful and friendly...

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Only as a last option
    • Double Room Single Use

Technically a 3 star hotel feels more like a tired 2 star hotel Very uncomfortable bedding Understaffed AC not working Poor & unattended breakfast Very few plug outlets Very old and dark furniture and decor

Located just outside the city of Alhaurin El Grande, the hotel is easy to find and offers plenty of parking

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Fawlty Towers on steroids
    • Double Room Single Use

Hotel owner clearly does not understand hospitality. The whole hotel is an acoustic ceramic box, exacerbated by drilling of marble fountain and simultaneous plumbing repairs. No internet for more than a day, shower handle came off in my hand, mold in bathroom, reception staff left alone to run the hotel after only 3 weeks on the job. Other staff told me that they give feedback to the owner about guest complaints but she does not react. Ventilation system means you either boil or freeze, only way to breathe is to sleep with your door open. The hotel staff were frustrated about their inability to respond to and solve issues, (for example, just a single non-Spanish TV channel so one could see international news) referring always to the owner who never listened to them. I did not sleep for four days, unable to breathe at night and subjected to heavy drilling all day long. To try and get a room where everything worked and to try and sleep I changed rooms 3 times in 4 days, no luck.

Fabulous view....if you walk out of your room to see it. To enjoy the view, you have to sacrifice privacy as there is a common access corridor in front of your window. Of course, the view is only available during daylight hours, which assumes that one has slept during the night and has the energy to enjoy it!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Location, location, location
    • Double Room Single Use

Due to time of year, the outside door was sometimes locked and staff took a while to appear when the bell was rung.

Fantastics views from the outside room. Very friendly staff Basic breakfast but very good for the price of the room

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Only stayed one night but room and bed was perfect
    • Double Room Single Use

Paid for bed & breakfast and breakfast was one tea and toast . After getting in late the night before I was hungry by morning. Bit disappointing.

Only stayed one night but room and bed was perfect

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Good budget hotel
    • Double Room Single Use

The breakfast choice was very limited, the only avalible option for gluten free was an apple & a bananna

Clean and simple - good quality linen on the bed

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great when the weather's nice but basic... VERY basic....
    • Double Room Single Use

As other people have said, breakfast very disappointing (lukewarm water with which to try and make tea -- every day! Limited choice of cold cuts and if you don't eat those or cereal then tough luck! A few criossants, bread rolls and that was it. Asked for a boiled egg....answer: no.) Wifi unreliable, 6euro minimum cab fare into town

Very Spanish (fine by me!), fabulous views, room and bathroom kept spotlessly clean.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Good location with quiet sunny terrace.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast consists of a toasted bun with jam, some olive oil, a banana and an apple and a piece of cake. No cheese, or ham, or eggs. So better breakfast elsewhere. When you have to leave the hotel early in the morning, there is no tea or coffee available. Breakfast only from 7 am.

Good location with quiet sunny terrace. Small room with good bed. No elevator. There is a nice bar in the hall where one can drink something at night also.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

My stay was very relaxing and comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no lift so found it difficult to get my baby up and down the stairs with her pushchair/pram.

The staff were wonderful, rooms were air conditioned. We had a beautiful view to wake up to.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Great location to see the local area. Facilities of a high standard.
    • Double or Twin Room

They only served snack food which was very basic. Microwaved lasagne and frozen pizza. Cheap but very basic. The owners did say they had a limited selection being so close to the town. We saw many places to eat in the town. It was a thriving area.

Amazing location/views of the valley and mountains. Facilities excellent -pool and seating areas. Traditional good quality breakfast. Comfortable room/bed.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Nice Hotel....improve the breakfast!
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was poor in content and quality. No staff to replenish items eaten by other diners.

Location, clean with good air conditioning in the bedrooms.

Great location gardens and view.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location gardens and view. Fantastic value for money.

Very recommended..clean , the view and the price is very good Next time I will go back to it

Nothing everything was great

The view.the room and breakfast

2.8

Breakfast was so poor

Lovely and relaxing authentic Spanish hotel in a good way😊

Staff fantastic could not do enough, grounds lovely, coffee lovely

great hotel
    • Double Room Single Use

it is friendly and the staff are lovely and very helpful

breakfast was non existant
    • Double or Twin Room

Being woken at 07.50am by the cleaners chatting away in the room next door and outside

The setting was lovely

Clean and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rather old fashioned and basic, but what we expected of a 3 star hotel.

Friendly staff. Good location. Very clean and comfortable bed.r

the view

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing everything for us was fine

Courteous staff friendly and efficient good location

not a lot
    • Double Room Single Use

small room, cat swing comes to mind. on my own so not to bothered but glad the wife was not with me as we would have moved or upgraded.

not a lot

Good to stay at when warm
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast basic and served in bar Room cold and draughty

Great views Well stocked bar

The breakfast was great, especially the jamon!

No smiles.

The breakfast was great, especially the jamon!

Old fashioned luxury

Old fashioned luxury

great views
    • Double or Twin Room

breakfast very basic. swimming pool not open and no food served for supper

great views

The building and enterior are very beautiful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The building and enterior are very beautiful.

Perfect
    • Double Room Single Use

Can't think of anything I didn't like

Great views and pool!
    • Double or Twin Room

Small room, no restaurant.

Great views and pool!

Beautiful Pool & gardens
    • Double or Twin Room

Cold breakfast & late pool opening

Beautiful Pool & gardens

Superb location unbelievable value for money friendly staff...
    • Double or Twin Room

Superb location unbelievable value for money friendly staff good food at the hotel bar the pool area is excellent I would say more 4-5 star than 3

Our stay was very chilling there would have been more atmosphere if they had been more people stayi
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast and the wi go

The hotel is a fabulous but very dated building

Great venue

Noisy in the early hours

Breakfast 5 star Views brilliant Friendly bi-lingual staff

Okay for an overnight stop
    • Double or Twin Room

Difficulty finding staff to help with check in/ breakfast and check out!

Great views across the plain

Very good basic accomodation, clean, nice staff, convenient location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast and restaurant facilities almost non-existent.

Lovely shower, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Lovely building but too Spanish for me, very dark and gloomy

No Wifi in bedroom No satellite tv No restaurant Poor breakfast

Friendly staff Views

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

No Pets allowed

No Pets allowed

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great location but be wary of room comfort!
    • Double or Twin Room

Taxi to town was tourist charged

Great views and superb staff

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

breakfast is some toast, jam, butter and tea/coffee. No options. no eggs. no bacon, no sausage.

Helpful staff. Location was perfect for us.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

The area the hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Not anough plugs in room and no kettle

The area the hotel

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Great stay.
    • Double Room Single Use

By bus stop but probably need a car. No in room tea and coffee facility.

Lovely staff. Very willing to help. Beautiful views.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Beautiful hotel and lovely staff
    • Double or Twin Room

tv didn't work in the room

The gardens the views and staff

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Good breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff seemed distracted by wedding that they were planning. Although in their defense they did mention this before booking

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Very little on offer for breakfast

Very little on offer for breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Comfortable and relaxing

It was a little noisy

Good size room, comfortable bed. Wifi in the room

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Excellent staff, especially as we arrived really late.

Excellent staff, especially as we arrived really late. Lovely room with very comfortable beds and nice clean bathroom. Breakfast was excellent with the best croissants and pain au chocolate ever. Hotel has lots of character and is in a good location. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Staff and food/drink very good

Dark, small room where you could hear movements in the rooms on either side and upstairs. En suite was old-fashioned with shower over a damaged bath.

Staff and food/drink very good

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Fabulous view from the hotel and only a short 5 minute drive...

This is predominantly a wedding venue. It was a great price for Bed & Breakfast - I guess that's to drum up business during the week. I did find it a little noisy - thin walls to the room and tiled floors throughout - but I was not too disturbed.

Fabulous view from the hotel and only a short 5 minute drive to the town. The room was comfortable and the continental breakfast was fine.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

After arriving at this lovely typical Spanish hotel we had a...

Stairs to rooms no lift ( can't change that as it's a beautiful old building. Noisy floors upstairs ..terracotta tiles.

After arriving at this lovely typical Spanish hotel we had a great welcome from Antonio at check in. Easy access to town withe excellent choice of restaurants. Easy free parking outside front door. Bar area with drinks snacks breakfast situated by reception. Quite peaceful area. Stunning views.Comfortable bed. Spotlessly clean room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Staff (only 1) not at all happy or friendly, walls paper thin so no sleep at all could hear the next rooms TV till 3 am then 6am chairs and tables being moved around downstairs, could hear every single noise. no tea making facilities, bar closes at 11 we were just given a bill and not even asked if we wanted another drink. very dark furniture and balcony was shared with 2 other rooms. would never stay again. we booked out after 1 night and stayed at a different hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

It's perfect for a business trip or leissure journey,...

Nothing really

It's perfect for a business trip or leissure journey, great location, at the countryside, silent and calm environment, aboslutely recommended.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

This hotel is beautiful!

The negative point for the hotel to be aware of is they are showing photographs of the wedding venues and not the hotel photographs. If photographs were taken of the fountain seating area, bar and dining room (stunning) and communal areas and grounds they would receive far better reviews.

This hotel is beautiful! Having seen some bad reviews, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is mainly a wedding venue with hotel guests as a sideline. The pictures shown on Booking.com website are those areas reserved for hotel guests only! However having asked to move from a room in the main hotel without a terrace, we had a room on the terrace with amazing views. The bedding was comfortable and rooms typically Spanish. The drinking area by the fountain was lovely, the dining room superb. The bar menu was good value for money and serving staff welcoming. Wifi was free (I read somewhere that it wasn't) but you have to get the password from reception. I also read bad reviews about the breakfast which we thought was good and considering it is included in the overall price represented excellent value for money! I wouldn't recommend for children as there are not safe play areas. Overall good value for money.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

Nice location and stunning view

The hotel is a secondary business to events and banqueting, therefore if you are guest on the day after one of those, most likely you won't have access to the pool and not many staff will be around. Breakfast choice is quite limited.

Nice location and stunning view

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel El Mirador traveller photo gallery