Reviews of Es Mitjorn 2 stars

Mateu Gasull, 2, 07820 San Antonio, Spain

#8 of 33 hotels in San Antonio

Got moaned at by staff for having a can of Pepsi by the pool that I got from a shop, told to drink it in my room. My sister brought a small glass of sparkling water from the bar & cost €2.70. I know they’re trying to run a business but we paid +£350 for our room. Check in took a while which didn’t seem like it needed to.

This was our second stay, we were lucky to have a lovely large room with a big balcony over looking the harbour. We didn’t pay any extra for this room and some of the others looked quite small so I think we were quite lucky with this. Hotel is very clean, breakfast was nice.

The wifi wasn't great for us on the third floor but it worked perfectly on the ground floor and by the pool.

Nice staff, good location and lovely pool. It was a good sized room with power shower and especially liked the free toiletries.

someone smoking < what ? > in another room and it was coming through air con vents into our room , management put a plastic sheet over vent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i liked everything!

very helpful staff, lush coffee included with the breakfast, very clean rooms, towels, hairdryer, shower gel and body lotion in the bathroom!

There is a school at the rear of the property which has a bell that rings briefly for 1 second at 9am which was a bit of a surprise.

The owner and staff were very helpful and attentive. Great location close to the marina but far enough away to be quite at night. The breakfast was really good especially the eggs and bacon. The mini pancakes were the best I’ve ever had. Brilliant well done to all.

Small friendly hotel. Lovely and clean. Central. Close to Cafe Del Mar and the lovely promenade. Short walk to Bus Station. Would definitely stay here again

Little space in the parking lot of the hotel

Our room was nice and clean, bigger than expected and with a nice balcony towards the seaside. Ela, the Italian staff, was really really nice and helpful and adapted the dinner to my vegan preferences.

The location is one street back from the strip and couldn't be better.

Maria the manager is amazing. Always so happy to help and goes the extra mile for customers.

The view from the room was onto a primary school playground, this wasn’t an issue for the sake of two nights and we have been promised the better view upon our return, but the school bell goes at 9am every morning then a playground of giddy kids for 15 mins!

Such a friendly welcome makes all the difference Good continental breakfast and fab coffee Clean pool, good atmosphere, not for you if you want a party at the pool though

Fantastic hotel, Maria works hard to keep a spotlessly clean. Homely breakfast was more than adequate . I would recomend to anyone wanting a clean room in the heart of San Antonio.

Very noisy during the day as our room was facing school and their physical activities were just under the balcony. Night time we could hear noise from room above and staircase as we were located next to it. Air-conditioning wasn't working and has not been repaired regardless many reminders. It was very cold during the night and humid during the day as a/c was non existent. Our daughter ended up with sinus infection after the holiday. Parking was available for extra payment but we had to leave our keys with the staff, so they could relocate the car if needed. This was against my rental policy, but have no choice but adhere. Room was very small for 3 people and there was no space for us to sit apart of beds or balcony but this time was still too cold. Very basic facility and really only let down of our holidays. Most of our stay we spent at our friend's apartment downstairs.

Staff are very helpful even they don't know much English they always tried to help. Felt sorry as they must work 24 ours a day as we have seen the same faces every day and night during our stay. Huge credit to them.

WiFi - we couldn’t get the signal.

Great place, nice staff, good breakfast, clean apartament with extra equipment (washing machine, big fridge with freezer, microwave).

Quite noisy with lifts/outside traffic noise. Continental breakfast was ok but not always replenished and tidyied away very quickly. The staff work hard but at times breakfast was quite busy

Great location very central and close to many amenities. Lovely view over San Antonio bay. Room was spotless very basic but modern and comfortable.

Wi-Fi was a little slow in our room, but was great everywhere else, our view more than made up for it!

Brilliant little hotel. Staff amazing and friendly, room spacious and lovely. Breakfast was a great added bonus. 5 minutes to beach, 10 minutes to bus station to bring you anywhere on island. Right next to harbor to catch the boats. Cannot fault.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Room was minimally furnished. The Bed was very comfortable.Bathroom superb and spotless.Breakfast was simple but adequate.Very good access to harbour area and St Antonia town.Overall good value. I would stay here again.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The is a very expensive charge to use the safe. I think that is very unfair to charge people this money to keep the personnel belongings secure. The eggs, and pancaked where cold every morning. If they had a hot plate, this would have kept it warm. Out of my 5 nights that I stayed there, the was only hot water in my shower for 2 of the nights. I over looked a primary school, so it was very noisy in the mornings with kids playing. There are some rooms over looking the pool. That would have been much quieter and a nicer view. A kettle in the room, would have been nice.

Minda and all the staff was very friendly. The was no fridge in my room, but when I asked for one, I got one. I appreciated that. It is in a great location, near the bus station and bars. A bar near by called "The Social" is definatly worth a visit. The pool was nice to hang out in. They look after your bag free of charge on the day you leave, and allow you to use the pool, when you have checked out.

Nothing really....

The hotel is located in the "West End" of San Antonio, the perfect location to walk everywhere around the town. Stunning views of the bay from the balcony of our top floor room.

If I had to say anything negative it would be that it's a shame the room doesn't have a mini fridge and the neighbours every word can be heard when in the bathroom

Good location, in between the west end and Sunset strip. 10 mins to bus station. Nice and quiet given it's location Spotlessly clean Staff are friendly Breakfast was good . Lots of choice Pool area is nice. Decent cocktails and food at the hotel for a good price (for Ibiza).

We were really excited for our trip to Ibiza this year having read the reviews and seeing pics of this hotel. It wasn't our first trip here so we knew the location suited us. It looked ideal for us. However we booked two separate rooms and on arrival i was so upset. Despite paying the same price, my friends were allocated a nice room, with a large balcony, as in the photos, overlooking the harbour. And myself and my daughter were allocated a much smaller back room with a tiny 'balcony' (see pictures i added) facing a wall. It also had a pigeon that didn't want to leave so my daughter didn't even want the doors open in case it flew in. The difference in the rooms was so unacceptable. No pictures of these rooms online! My friends room also had a fridge, nicer shower and was generally in much better condition. Ours was so poor in comparison. The air conditioner remote in OUR room, not the other one, was nailed to the wall, like we were incapable, in a plastic box so it was only capable of being switched on and off. And i had to get out of bed all night to turn it on and off when it kept getting too cold! I had next to no sleep because of this coupled with the noise (someone vomitting loudly down the vent one night) and was so miserable and grumpy. I raised the issue of my room three times with reception and was repeatedly told to come back later even though i explained i was going out of town to visit my grandparents grave that day. Until they eventually said nothing could be done as only small rooms were available. The good rooms were booked. When i asked them if they thought it was acceptable to charge the same for these rooms the man said he didnt see my problem and was so rude with me. I ended up in tears and it just completely ruined my holiday. I was only staying a few days or i would have moved elsewhere with my other friends across town. Who had not paid a great deal more for a lovely 4* with much better facilities.

It was quite clean for a 2* hotel. I liked the coffee.

They don't take notice of the door signs of room make up or do not disturb. My friend paid the same as us and we got a much better room. It ruined the whole holiday as she was really angry. Should definitely be different prices. Her room was small and not very nice views. Hardly any light I would have been upset had I paid what I did for that room, especially as our room was as advertised. I would stay here again if I had the certainty of the room I did but there was no option.

Very clean, lovely views. Lovely pool. Nice breakfast. Staff appear friendly.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Balcony was extremely small. Not many hangers in the wardrobe for clothes. No hand wash.

The room was spacious and very clean, staff were super friendly and helpful and there is a shelf of leaflets which provide information on lots of things to do on the entire island. Lots of things provided in the bathroom, comb, shower cap, hairdryer, shampoo, body lotion, flannels, towels, etc. Everything you could possibly need within walking distance!

The hotel was lovely clean and modern! Which is exactly what you want. Although it was a small hotel it was lovely and id defo go back! Could not fault it at all. The pool area was never full, always got a bed. Was just so chilled and nice.

Noting I didn't like, I loved evey minute spent at Es Mitjorn

The staff and hotel combined is by far the best 2* hotel I have EVER stayed in and quite honestly puts most 3* and 4* hotels to shame, because the rooms were extremely clean, beds cosy, delicious breakfast, tasty fresh cut potatoe chips, meaty homemade bolognese to die for! quiet and peaceful, stunning views, heated pool, comfy sun lounges, loads of shops and resteraunts within 3 min walk. If your looking to visit the globes most stunning and vibrant island then I highly recommend you book Es Mitjorn!

I have stayed before - the staff and owners are very friendly and take very good care of the property , attention to detail is very good and they seem passionate about keeping the customers happy, that's a rare thing these days ! I will be back again that is for sure - Robin Thomas

The only thing I didn't like is the room was very tiny and didn't really look like the picture. It felt more like a hostel. You walk in, there's a bathroom, closet, tiny table, and 3 beds a foot apart from each other. I guess the bacolny made up for it when you needed a moment to yourself. Wouldn't recommend for long stays. 4-5 days at most. We also had to request a fridge when we got to the room and noticed there wasn't one.

The location is a few blocks from all the action, and easy to find. They have a nice complimentary breakfast every morning. The staff was also very helpful, and kind.

Staff was super friendly and helpful, also with our last-minute parking request. Really made a difference. Location was good, breakfast was good. Overall very good value for money.

The best could have been a little more comfy other than that everything was great

The hotel is a family owned business they are very kind they welcomed us in the hotel with open arms, the have a lovely area to lay in the sun by the pool order a cocktail for 6 euro easily the cheapest cocktail you will order around Ibiza. Should be a 4 star hotel not a 2 star absolutely loved it here.

Breakfast could of been more variety and some mornings there wasn't much left if you weren't down at 9

Staff couldn't of been more helpful. Room was clean and great value for money.

Corridors are noisy, can hear people walking up and down the stairs, doors shutting etc. Got woken up a few times due to this.

Family run hotel, staff are amazing. Everything you need for the price you pay.

Our balcony was too small to sit on plus it faced a wall.

Clean and calm, with great staff and lovely breakfasts. Shower was great. Beds comfy and pillows supportive. Reception open all day/ night. Air con was a great relief after hot sunny days. I would definately return. Oh and the best mojitos ive had in a long time

how the room had a physical key to open and lock the door rather than a standard hotel room door that locks itself shut. and the electricity card that you had to insert just to use power.

the bed was huge and the AC worked wonderfully.

A table could have been provided in the room. We brought the one in from off the balcony, which made all the difference.

The view was gorgeous, waking up to a view of the harbour was an absolute pleasure. The bed was the ultimate in comfort. The room was well presented and clean. The location - perfectly placed for San An, it's clubs were a 5 minute walk away. away from noise, but close enough not to fell 'left out' Unfortunately, we were never up in time for breakfast!

The breakfast was very very basic, the bed was very hard not comfortable, shower's water not very strong

I like the balcony and the marina view from the room, clean property, nice pool, good location

First of all thank you for receiving us there! We really enjoyed our stay and the location was great . Thank you for the awesome breakfast and as you already know we loved your pancakes 🙂 thank you again we had a great time !

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Not sure I can think of anything, no complaints

A lovely find!! Lovely friendly staff, room clean, comfortable and just perfect for me. Location great for all the things I like to do in San Antonio, can't wait to go back!!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Hotel is right next door to a school, very loud every morning from about 8am-11am. Walls are very thin, everything echoes. Basically if you want a lie in find somewhere else.

Good location right in the middle of the west end. Close to supermarket, bars, beach etc.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

The only thing was no English tv, but to be honest it didn't matter as good wifi in room so kept up to date with news etc on our devices

Beds and pillows super comfy, the staffs attitude towards me and my son was second to none, they were so helpful and friendly even lending me a kettle for our stay.. on departure, I was unable to keep the room but they let us stay in it til 12, then use all the facilities until we left at 1900( gave us toiletries and towels and room to get showered )

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Only minor things. The lights in the room went off as soon as you took the key card out of the slot leaving you in the darkness. A short delay would have been helpful. As the lights in the hall went out after a few seconds it was hard to see to lock/unlock the room. The breakfast was fine though a bit more choice would have been nice as I was on holiday!

A fantastic location within very easy reach of every thing. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff helpful. I would happily return.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nothing to fault

Been coming here for years and always feel welcomed by Maria and the staff. Great location, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast is continental style which was always fresh and sufficient to start the day!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

For me, everything was perfect.

The hotel overall was great. The staff was very nice, very close to the beach. The pool is perfect right next to the bar/restaurant. The breakfast is a perfect way to start the day. I highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

I think a full English breakfast should be included in the booking when you have paid to have breakfast included. Only so many croissants you can eat. Also sadly the traffic was very noisy at night but this can't be helped.

the pillows were very comfy and the cleaners were great. Lovely and quiet hotel around the pool area with a great view. Close to mambos and the west end.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

They did not change the towels of the toilette in none of the days we have been there

There was a lovely girl at the reception, I think her name was Carolina, she was really helpful, professional and smiling

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Some noise during the first night, but not really the hotel's fault!

Staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Tried a range of services, from the swimming pool to the hotel breakfast and cocktails, everything was spot on. Perfect location as well, 1-minute walk to Sant Antoni centre and 4-minutes walk to the beach. 100% recommended.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

i wish i knew that i can park in the hotel; 5 euros per day for parking is a good offer but it is not chic that the reception demands the money when I'm thinking how I can bring the car to the hotel. Very poor breakfast, not even eggs (you have to pay ekstra for eggs or omelett)

it is a family hotel; location is good, in the middle of the city and still far from crowds and noise; there is a park place; (for limited no of cars and not free)

Absolutely nothing

Everything! Was a great experience with great staff.

Location View of harbour Big comfortable room

Small family run hotel, very friendly owners, location is great, just behind the port. Friendly and smiley staff.

not being told not to bring drinks , not purchased in hotel , by pool area

comfortable bed

Little restaurant on premises plus superb restaurants all around. Superb scenery. Loved balcony.

Wow , services compared to price excellent , as well as the accomodation , would sure book this hotel again !

There is not double bed.

Very good breakfast. Nice and clean swimming pool.

Ideal location,very friendly staff and very clean,i would go back again.good value

Great location,excellent staff,clean made for a great stay,will definitely be back

Perfect location, clean room and friendly staff. We’ve stayed here before and will definitely stay here again.

everything's fine! perfect place, perfect location! the owner she's great ! very kind and helpful! thank you so much!

breakfast was a bit basic

the manageress was very helpful, breakfast was included, beds were comfy, sea view

Quite thin walls

Very relaxed atmosphere staff were lovely. Very good value for money!

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The property was fairly noisy.

The staff very helpful.

Great service!

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Big balcony with beautiful view and great breakfast

During a couple of nights there was noise in the hallway.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Good location close to the port and the bus terminal.

The staff, facilities, views and location is excellent and the value it great.

Staff was so friendly

Very comfy bed

The view

The location was outstanding! The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfast was delicious and the service was perfect.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Location is great and the pool area is lovely

Nothing..

Loved it there!

Great breakfast and super friendly staff. The hotel is pretty no-frills but a great value!!

Besides the parking, I loved everything about this place.

Perfect location. It's close to all the business but without the noise.

Quiet and comfortable and the staff all went out of there way to help!

Friendly staff

Great location - lovely staff - good value

The parking is quite limited

The location is great, the rooms are reslly comfortable, nice and clean. The staff is very very nice

Couldn't really fault hotel or position etc.

Excellent small and friendly family run hotel

Browse Es Mitjorn traveller photo gallery