Reviews of Hotel Playa Esperanza 4 stars

Avenida Sa Albufera, 4, 07458 Playa de Muro, Spain

#5 of 32 hotels in Playa de Muro

Beautiful resort on the beach
    • Room Assigned at Check-in

The aircon wasn't working well, the food was ok but nothing special

Very clean hotel woth modern enterior. Located at one of the best and most beautiful beaches in Mallorca, loveley and spacious garden with palms trees and greenery, lot of sun beds, big pool, you can just relax there and enjoy all day

Exceptional stay
    • Room Assigned at Check-in

Only thing which wasn't perfect was the fact that hot water pressure was not too strong in the evening in higher floors, otherwise everything was exceptional.

First we got upgrade for suite instead of normal room so that was fantastic, room was fantastic with beautiful sea view and food was great, garden and other hotel facilities are beautiful and beach is also very nice. Only thing which I don't get why this hotel is only 4 star and not 5. Will definitely come back again.

The hotel is perfectly located with direct access to a quiet...
    • Budget Double Room

The staff constantly assumes that you are german. Even if you speak to them in english they usually reply either in spanish or german. The interior decoration is a bit outdated.

The hotel is perfectly located with direct access to a quiet part of one of the best beaches on the island. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean and well maintained. A great variety of food both for breakfast and dinner.

Hotel is beautiful, the food is great, the beach is amazing,...
    • Room Assigned at Check-in

Actually the rooms are beautiful, clean, with big balcony, but the beds are maybe a bit too soft (for me personally, not for my girlfriend) and at night you'll might have a problem with cooling the room because the air-conditioner is too strong if it's on, now if you sleep with balcony window open is ok, but if you are staying in the room that is looking towards the street you'll might be bothered with a street sound - just take the more expensive seaview room :) But everything else no comment it's a great hotel.

Hotel is beautiful, the food is great, the beach is amazing, we loved the private park around the hotel where is a lot of space for privacy and very pleasant sunbathing. Also the rooms are clean. The view from room's at the sea site is also amazing. So yes, with this hotel you can't go wrong.

A top quality hotel in a great location. Enjoy!!
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

The walk in showers have no grab rails so older guests need to be careful when showering.

Great hotel. Lots of space around the pools so no fighting over sunbeds. Food was excellent. Drink a little pricey but well made and presented. Cleanliness was perfect. The location is also perfect as you are metres from the beach. This is our second visit and we have already booked for next year. The local area is nice with shops and restaurants nearby should you want them. There is also a very good little convenience shop on the hotel complex. Evening entertainment was varied and good quality. Pool area was nice and clean and the gardens well kept. Nothing to not like at this hotel.

Very disappointing

The room view, you book in a beach hotel and your rooms overlooks the parking! the huge industrial kind breakfast area was unbearable the siZé of the room ( too litle) and no black out...

Ladies on the reception are very nice and helpful.
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

Variety of food for lunch (which was included to the price) was very poor.

Ladies on the reception are very nice and helpful. All the stuff is very pleasant and kind! Breakfast was very good and the dinner as well.

Good stay
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

Small parking; average entertainment ; double bed is made of two singles and they kept rolling away from one another.

Beautiful view, clean, food is fantastic, indoor pool,hotel near the sea, around a lot of restaurants and shops.

super
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

to soft mattress - problems with comfortable sleeping and for the back,

great place, super localization, just few meters form the sea, big choice to eat

Stay just next to beautiful coast
    • Budget Double Room

The things were disturbing us were first the staff were mainly talking in German. I would like say please a bit effort for the non-German speaking tourists!! And secondly, there were not even free tap water during the dinner. All the drinks that you had has to be paid.

Hotel was nice and the staff were kind. Room was cleaned everyday which was important for us. Beach was extra close to the hotel and was beautiful. Garden with a lot of sun-beds was cool and super comfy.

Relaxing Holiday
    • Double Sea View (3 Adults)

Staff were very friendly, facilities and proximity to the beach was fantastic. Room was really nice and food was good. Fantastic holiday! We will be back!

Suburb short holiday.

Being Irish, love tea, would have liked tea/ coffee making facilities in bedroom. This is not a complaint however. 😃.

Everything, it met all my needs and expectations. Staff so helpful and friendly and professional.

We had a great stay and were there for the Mallorca 312!

We had a great stay and were there for the Mallorca 312! We booked a double standard room for four friends and even got an upgrade to a suit. Dinner was excellent (even gained weight despite the cycling :-)) and they made it possible to have an early breakfast on the cycling day. One word: perfect!

Lovely break .Avoid childrens holiday times as it gets very crowded
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

Spa could do with updating.Looking tired now.We have been at least 8 times.Will go again without a doubt.

Food excellent .Wide variety of freshfoods to choose from.I just love this hotel .I prefer the suites on the front of the hotel.You can watch the sunrise from your bed.

Great hotel
    • Double Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Very early dinner time due to being in first sitting. Second sitting too late with a small child. Dining room felt very busy despite it being end of season - must be very hectic during summer.

Excellent food, nice room. Very focused towards German customers (we were the only Brits there) - but this seemed to be true of the area generally. This didn’t cause us any problems however - excellent hotel for the price.

fantastic location and facilities.
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

The reception staff were difficult to understand. I think they were more comfortable with the German language than with English.

fantastic location and facilities. Friendly staff.

Great area, great beach, modern hotel, great food.
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

The bathroom door is made of glass (sandblasted). Kind of problematic at night if you need to turn on the bathroom light. Also no special transfer from the airport. The hotel can book you a taxi, but it's the standard fare (79 euros).

The beach is wonderful. The food choice (half pension) is varied and of good quality. The room is calm and well isolated. We had a great view on the sea and the pool. There's a free gym, small but mostly empty so no problem getting the machines you want.

Could be better...
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

The bed. We knew at the time of booking that we had 2 single beds. But to our dismay, even if we asked the housekeeping to arrange the beds together, unfortunately, they still put the beddings individually, instead of putting a queen size bedsheet. The breakfast buffet menu does not change. Also, with the amount you pay, the common toiletries are not available and always if you ask the staff, they have the same response to buy it in the supermarket, which for the amount you pay, this could be free.

The location of the hotel is really nice. On some nights, the dinner buffet is great. The seafood choices are better than the other meat choices. Also, my boyfriend celebrated his birthday during our trip and we received a complimentary champagne, and we really appreciate it and was really good.

Good for a relaxing holiday
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

the depths in the swimming pool . one needed to be a confident swimmer

The staff were very helpful. Restaurant was good . Some of the Gala dinners were excellent

Good Location, but bad AC in room.
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

The air conditioning in our room never got cool. The room was cooler than outside, but it was not cool. I was sweating at night and was very uncomfortable. The staff looked at it but no change occurred. The buffet had a lot of choices but the food was mediocre. One or two things tasted really good, the rest for average or below average.

The pool and beach area adjacent to the hotel were beautiful and enjoyable. There were a lot of lounge chairs around the property and the beach lounge chairs and umbrella was a a good value at 14 Euros per day.

Big clean hotel right at the beach but not the quietest one
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

There is no mention in the description that the sea view rooms (or, at least some of them) also are the noisiest. The hotel has an outdoor stage right at the pool area, and there will be very loud music every single night from around 8 pm until as late as 11 pm. The music from the stage really disturbed us, I couldn't even read an evening fairy-tale book to my child as the noise was so loud coming through the closed windows even. The music played / performed was by the way very irritating, uninteresting and one can only wonder who wants this kind of entertainment anyway? The should be at least a mention of this nightly happening included in the description of the rooms. The vegetarian selection at the dinner buffet is not equal to the meat/fish buffet: the sources of protein were sometimes scarce, and especially for a vegetarian child it was hard to find warm dishes that were nutritious enough. It is not fair that a little vegetarian girl will have to live on sprouts etc. for a week... The hotel is very big, perhaps too big to my taste after all. There will an incredible hassle at breakfast and dinner, so be prepared for it. Also the pool area and the pool restaurant get very crowded, I liked to spend more time at the beach were there was more space and it was quieter. One more thing that somewhat annoyed me was that I was constantly spoken to in German both by the staff and the guests (well, it would be understandable by the guests as most of them seemed to be German and probably not knowing any other languages?, but the fact that hotel staff in Spain would speak to me in German was a bit strange to me. I would have expected English or Spanish. I do understand a little bit of German, but it is some 30 years ago at school I was studying it so it is not my best language. But people constantly seemed to assume that I know and understand perfect German).

The rooms were clean and spacious enough. The dessert buffet at dinner was absolutely stunning! Also the salad buffet was quite good. I would also mention here, that it was great that there was a named vegetarian section at the buffet, although the contents of it were sometimes rather poor. The hotel was situated right at the beach. We were given a map of the hotel areat at arrival, a good thing as the area is quite large and it made it easier to move around. Luckily we were moved to another room on the other, quieter side of the hotel after a few days as our first room was very noisy.

Dreamlike location and laid back luxury
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

The evening dining could do with being a little less regimented

the gardens were very spacious and even though the hotel was full to capacity it did not appear crowded. There were plenty of sunloungers for all and both sunny and shady areas. I really could not fault the hotel at all and felt totally relaxed. The food in the pool bar was outstanding and very good value and the drinks measures were more than generous, I cannot wait to take another trip there

very disapointing
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

All was average until dinner time, on entry the buffet food hall for the evening meal I was stopped at the entrance by a member of staff and told no dress shorts allowed despite the fact it was 26 degrees on a barmy summers evening and had no prior notification. I explained I had only packed shorts as I thought I was in Mallorca, still the staff refused to let me in to the food hall, (it was not a restaurant) so left the food hall very upset and feeling angry. I then realised I did have a pair of long trousers… my lounge pants (pajama bottoms) in a bright red, black & white check pattern, I dually put them on and returned to the food hall “ that’s better” said the lady at the door and let me in. So if you want to feel humiliated and eat your evening meal in your pajamas with other guests and waiters sniggering, this is the hotel for you. Next time, I’m going to pack a clowns outfit!

Spa, pool & Luna bar

Sensational hotel, food and beach setting

Arrived for check-in early (11.30) as notified in the booking, unfortunately room wasn't ready which I understand as the hotel was fully booked. My problem was myself and my partner werejust left to sit around for two and half hours without once being approached by staff to see how our wait could be made more comfortable. Also in my booking request I asked not have room too close to the lift of staircase, unfortunately after the long wait to check-in the room we were given was right in front of the lift doors. Fortunately are request for a change bod room was given by the hotel and eventually we could enjoy are stay. With all the above mentioned due to how amazing the hotel was all was soon forgotten and I would definitely stay at this hotel everytime.

Beautiful hotel set on the a beautiful beach. Facilities were outstanding with a very fresh look and feel.

Very average hotel
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

-the hotel hasn't been renovated for a while. Very basic and old-fashioned design of everything -food is ok but I've seen much better in 3* hotels in Spain -huge queues in the restaurant (even in june) -it is crowded everywhere and you feel it -small room. They certainly could have been much more inventive with decorations.

-big territory, lots of free sun beds -nice and friendly staff -very nice spa area -nice location

Weekend getaway
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

Great food selection at breakfast and dinner. Staff were excellent at their jobs and seemed to genuinely be enjoying themselves. If you love desserts, this place is for you. We booked a twin room with side view of the sea but ended up with sea facing. Was a spectacular view. Just what we needed.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Great location, nice stay, good restaurant but a little overcrowded.
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

the restaurant was overcrowded and the staff had forced us to eat fast to leave the table for next people, salads were similar one to another and there were to many things mixed. During the dinner you have to buy anything to drink, even water. The tennis court was standing empty and there was nobody to organise tennis meetings for single players. Bicycle rent was double more expensive than others (opposite side of the street). The restaurant staff was to loudly at the morning waking us up

location and the reception staff, entertaiments

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Nice hotel and lovely beach...
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

I don't know if it's this hotel or the destination of Majorca... But too many groups of turists... It seems one of those packed destinations. We didn't like very much the food (a lot of choice but not really tasty) and from the 5 dinners we had, we've only stayed the first two nights at the restaurant. Also it would be nice to have chairs at the beach. But it seems to be practice to not offer this service.

The hotel is renovated and modern. The staff is very nice and warm and the location is just perfect with several accesses to the beach.

Very nice beach
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

As soon as I walked in the building a man grabbed my suitcase and said 1euro. It was before I reached the reception desk.

Beach,food and sea view corner room.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Beatifull beach with white sand and warm water.
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

Old fashion rooms in a need for refurbishing. Free wifi should be more stable and faster.

Beatifull beach with white sand and warm water. Very good dinner with different themes and a lot of diversity (half board included) - loved the coq au vin. Very professional and warming staff.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Must be avoided

- old hotel - horrible staff except the restaurant manger -old building - bad food except the fruits I can't believe people liked this hotel!!! I booked this hotel last minute so I paid 240 euros a night I was therefore expecting a minimum standard especially after checking the reviews that give this hotel an actual fabulous mark!!!! Omg what a disappointment Luckily for me I stayed only three days but three horrible days mainly because of the stuff who are extremely rude and unqualified The truth is I stayed in a cheap hotel that is not my standards but the pictures the price and the reviews set me up I will Never come back to this hotel and. I warn every person who has a minimum of standards to avoid it

Location only

• Superior Single Room with Sea View

amassing location. huge compound

not bad for chill time
    • Budget Double Room

-timings of the buffet was so bad -restaurant stuff were so in hurry and not professional

-Buffet was good -spa was good -pool and beach was good

The people are very friedly, Food delicious, it was great!
    • Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

The people are very friedly, Food delicious, it was great!!!!!

Modern and relaxing

Pool bar could open a bit longer in my opinion.

Comfortable room,modern. Amazing buffet breakfast.

Good bu could be improved
    • Budget Single Room

Rooms at front are too noisy Air con don’t work Pillows are not good

Everything was excellent and I think that hotel should pay...
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

Everything was excellent and I think that hotel should pay me for a permanent to the gym because food there is amazing and I getting fat 😍😍😂

Us obligatori de gorro a l’spa

Us obligatori de gorro a l’spa

Friendly staff and great fresh food for breakfast and dinner.
    • Double Room with Front Sea View (3 Adults)

It would be great if the hotel would have better transport options back to the airport.

Friendly staff and great fresh food for breakfast and dinner.

Excelente

Todo en general

Food was excellent.

Food was excellent.

Will book Playa Esperanza again!
    • Twin Room Single Use

Clean, gorgeous beach, kind and attentive staff. There's also a variety of delicious food offered in the breakfast and dinner meals.

Good selection for buffet dinner and breakfast.

Good selection for buffet dinner and breakfast. Great sea views from our rooms and friendly staff.

wonderful place I will definitely visit again

regimented dining

such a beautiful location, grounds were very spacious so even though hotel was full it didnt appear crowded

nice pool and good activities such as beach volley ball,...
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

reception main guy didn't seem to bothered to make things go fast

nice pool and good activities such as beach volley ball, tennis and archery

• Twin Room Single Use with Side Sea View

Leaving

Staff the best I have ever met so efficient happy and friendly especially the dining room staff

Great location, ok hotel
    • Double Sea View (3 Adults)

rooms too small, no closet, dirty.

the beaches

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Peace and quiet in a great location
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

Evening meal choice is excellent

Great location great service
    • Twin Room Single Use with Side Sea View

Very welcoming staff excellent facilities comfy rooms.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

wifi extremely slow, whatsapp calling does not work.
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

wifi extremely slow, whatsapp calling does not work.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

We were there 6 years Ago and it was good.
    • Premium Twin Room with Sea View

We were there 6 years Ago and it was good. It is even better these days.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

After two previous visits we were disappointed in the...

After two previous visits we were disappointed in the quality of the evening meal. Every evening meal had a theme, TexMex, Asian, International etc. If your tasted did not run to this type of meal you were out of luck. Also the food was not that hot. For an expensive hotel I expected better. On the other hand the breakfasts could not be faulted, every possible option available. I also feel that one should be able to buy a cup of coffee or a drink before 4pm in the reception area. There is a cafe by the pool but on rainy days this is not really acceptable. Apart from these caveats, however, this is a top class hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Food, personel, location - just perfect.

The bed are too soft and sometimes provoke back pain. Probably as a remedy there is a massage point in the garden ;)

Food, personel, location - just perfect.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

The hotel pools were great and it's beach location is...

Rude staff, including waitstaff, specifically in the Luna Restaurant and also in the spa. Standard rooms are small. Wifi is poor and intermittent. Having to place a 15 euro deposit for beach towels is ridiculous. Not really a 4 star hotel.

The hotel pools were great and it's beach location is amazing.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

The hotel was very nice, clean, with a big green territory,...

The water temperatur in the bathroom!! It was impossible to set a comfort water T, it changed eachself each sec from the hot to cold:-))) Almost all the sunbeds on the territory of the hotel were occupied before breakfast, the people just layed their towels and after the breakfast you had just several left:-(

The hotel was very nice, clean, with a big green territory, good pool, great beach and polite staff. The food was so delicious, each evening the dinner was different: italian, tax-max, asian, mallorca style, spanish and etc. For breakfast the food was also very good, the choice was great, but practicaly the same every day, but for us it wasn't a problem! The beverages were free for breakfast, but paid for dinner. Each evening started from 21.30 there were live concerts rather good and interesting! On the beach 2 sunbeds and 1 umbrella cost 10.65 euro, but you could just lay on the sand for free, there was enough place for it! The water in the sea was clearly blue. Outside the hotel you can find a lot of shops, restaurants, groceries, and a bus stop to Alcudia, just 100 m away:-)

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Hotel is directly at the beach.

Although the hotel is directly at the beach, you must rent the umbrella and shezlong for 10 eur per day. Although spa was free (for once), you had to pay 3 eur for the head caps (for medical reasons). Reception were unprofessional and unfriendly. Electronic safe costs 2 EUR/day, and receptionist would not accept to add it to room rate; you must pay it in cash because "there is an insurance on the safe" - I do not know what he meant. Dinner must be at one of 2 options (6:30 pm or 8:00 pm); at the same table, everyday .. way too much micro management. "Gents must wear long trousers during dinner time", I'm sorry but when I go somewhere for a holiday at the beach i do NOT necessarily pack a pair of pants ! Elevator did not go up to the 5th floor where we stayed until I asked receptionist and he had to talk to a "mechanic". It was always late and slow in coming up throughout our stay. You are not allowed to order tea at the dinner table - even if you pay for it. You must go to the bar, find a seat and order there. Stage was directly below our windows; so although we were on the 5th floor, you could hear the animation and the children screaming during the shows. There are NO DOUBLE BEDS - Just two single beds close together!

Hotel is directly at the beach. Food was of a great variety and quantity on the buffet menu, that changes every day. Quality of the food was also ok. Spa is really nice, and you get one free entry per person per stay.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Food was good - the hotel was very clean - the grounds of...

The room was awkward for even 2 persons to move around in. The bathroom was challenging although the shower cubicle was adequate. The two beds were annoyingly mobile with castors in the centre of each bed and the mattresses were almost as mobile. Only one bedside cabinet - most annoying!

Food was good - the hotel was very clean - the grounds of the hotel are in excellent condition and the location of the hotel is even better for a quiet relaxing time.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

The staff, the place, the food, the hotel facilities when...

Beds are individual beds, no queen not king size beds

The staff, the place, the food, the hotel facilities when traveling with kids. The beach is beautiful and beach is right at the doorstep of the hotel

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

- Breakfast

- expensive deposit for towels

- Breakfast - Buffet diner - sea view from room (see photos) - free parking

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Playa Esperanza traveller photo gallery