Reviews of Hotel Europa Boutique Sevilla 1 stars

Jimios, 5, Old town, 41001 Seville, Spain

#72 of 156 hotels in Seville

• Double or Twin Room

Air con was operated by reception - room was stifling hot and I did ask for the air con to be put on in our room and it wasn't. We were only there one night and moved on to another hotel which was better, it had individual air con units that you could operate yourself! although the location was not as good. Beds were hard.

Location was perfect, great bars and restaurants within walking distance.

• Double or Twin Room

Fab property with a lot of charm. Comfortable but basic but given the very central location and cost that's to be expected. Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Clean place too,

• Quadruple Room

Can be loud late at night with bars and restaurants just outside but we still slept well because the beds were so comfy!

Loved this hotel. We have a family of four (22 year old and 25 year old children). The room was cozy but worked out just great and very attractive and clean. Staff was exceptional. Location perfect.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was right on the street and right on the reception foyer & was extremely noisy. Would strongly recommend asking for a room on 1st floor or above.

Location was fantastic. Room comfortable although small. Staff very accommodating

• Double or Twin Room

It was a little tricky to find by car, but quickly resolved with a phone call.

Centrally located and the staff could not have been more helpful. On their recommendation we saw an ‘intimate’ flamenco show which was a real highlight of our trip.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was old fashioned and a bit tired. To call it Boutique is going a bit far. Has a great deal of charm, if that's what you are looking for!

The location was very close to the city center

• Double or Twin Room

They did not have an iron and I need ti iron a shirt for a fancy diner, but it is not a big deal

The hotel is superb, it is located in the middle of everything in Seville old town, the staff is wonderful, helpful, the building and decoration are a 10!!! you must stay there!!

• Double or Twin Room

The pillows were not comfortable, but this seems a common issue in Spain.

The location was great and the staff really helpful. The absence of breakfast led us to sample small bars nearby for memorable breakfasts.

• Double or Twin Room

Beds could be better, are a bit decayed. Airco and heating can only be adjusted by the staff, so you'll have to ask them first.

A perfect location. Nice, antique building, brings you directly in the right Sevillian mood. Friendly staff. Parking at a few minutes walk. Staff brings you to it. Right in front of the hotel is a great restaurant.

• Double or Twin Room

Horrible hotel, rooms were old small and the beds and pillows were horrendous! Couldn't sleep a single night from all the noise from the inside and outside of the hotel. Absolutely horrible, I would NEVER stay here again.

• Double or Twin Room

bed could have been a bit more comfy

our double room 101 was really quaint and there was plenty of hot water. Staff looked after our luggage all day for our evening flight home

• Double or Twin Room

My room was without windows (in fact there was a window, but permanently covered), so it was dark all day. I had to have lights turned on during the day.

A place full of atmosphere, excellent location, very helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

We weren't very lucky with the weather... It was pouring rain all day (which was unsual for this place). But the hotel, room was good, quite comfortable. We had everything we needed. Also wi-fi wasn't very fast (not bad so). Sevilia despite of weather - really great place!

• Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a room with some kind of view. Felt a bit cooped up.

Very friendly staff & hotel is in a great location right next to the cathedral & restaurants.

• Double or Twin Room

I should have remembered that Booking.com can be difficult if you try to change any details. I ended up with and paying for a double room when I only needed a single. The Europa reminded me that it can be better to contact the hotel directly. And the room was quite small in some awkward ways - you couldn't get to or from the second bed without moving the desk chair completely away and even then it was very awkward.

The location is fantastic and the decor exquisite. Super friendly and helpful staff who really went out of their way to be helpful and thoughtful.

No criticism at all.

Location . Appearance . Comfort . Great breakfast . Cleanliness . Friendliness of the staff. Value for money. The hotel is an easy stroll to town. There are several good restaurants very close. The bar across the road is great and a great spot to catch the afternoon sun. Loule is a quaint little town with lots to see n and a great market Nice place and the Jardim Loule is a perfect base to the visit. 😎

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was brilliant, no negatives.

Our greeting when we arrived was superb. Very friendly, knowledgable of where to go and what to do. Location of hotel (but get your bearings) was great, very short walk to cathedral and alcazar. Numerous taxis nearby.

• Double or Twin Room

The room and shower were a little tight for a tall person like my husband.

Location and staff were a ten. Good value. Easy access from Seville San Bernardo station.

• Double or Twin Room

I liked everything. Word of advice, though: the rooms are a lot cheaper and there is more availability through hotel.

I liked the staff, the décor, and the ambience. There was no view at all from our windows, but the room was nice anyway.

• Double or Twin Room

The walls were super thin letting in lots of noise from the hall when people arrived at their rooms and from outside. The bedsheets and pillows were not comfortable.

The staff were super friendly and helpful. The building is very nice and comfort is on par for a well maintained old Spanish building! The shower/bathroom was excellent with lovely soap and shampoo!

• Double or Twin Room

Saturday night rate very poor value for money. (99 euros for small, ground floor front room, no breakfast). Very noisy. Spent next 3 nights of our visit in another hotel in Santa Cruz area with much better rate, location and value for momey i.e. Because of poor value for money and Saurday night rate the hotel loss our business.

Sevillian decor and atmosphere.

• Double or Twin Room

The beds are uncomfortable. The room and bathroom design are charmingly dated but would need some face-lift urgently for a neater look. The room's furniture is very old and our beds were swinging. No views whatsoever from the rooms. The bathroom is small. Although the staff went out of its way to change our room and give us our pre-ordered 2 single beds, we ended up with a correct bedding but no air conditioning since the system was controlled from the information desk and never actually functioned.

The location of the Hotel is optimal, central, and a walk away from all main historic landmarks of the city center. The hotel is surrounded with great entertainment: restaurants, bars, bakeries, shops... and a walk away from Plaza Nueva. The exceptional location of the hotel made us forget some of its inconvenient features. We also enjoyed the advantage of the "free walking tour" passing by the Hotel's lobby to pick us up. The staff went out of its way to change our room: we had ordered a room with 2 single beds for two nights but were given a room with a double bed on the first night. They only could correct the issue on the second night due to unavailability of rooms.

• Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning is controlled by the front desk staff for each floor. It was way too hot during the night and couldn't sleep. But the manager moved us to a ground floor room which was much cooler, ever though it didn't really have a window, except for a window to a small inside court.

Great location and at a reasonable price

• Double or Twin Room

More of a dormitory than a hotel. Four single beds in a room that would be much nicer with two or max three. I thought I was booking a single room. Very basic indeed. Needs a facelift.

Front desk staff very helpful and easy going.

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms facing the street are very noisy. Great views but noisy.

The location was fantastic, close to hop-on-hop-off and public transportation. It's a lovely older hotel with beautiful tiles, small rooms, and plumbing that occasionally leaked. Controlling the AC was tricky, as the front desk has the individual room controls. You have to communicate effectively with staff who may or may not understand your language when you want the temperature changed for your room.

• Quadruple Room

The air conditioner is a central one with no option to turn off or adjust in the room. We asked the staff to increase the temperature but still it was getting too cold in the middle of the night even with the provided blankets so we ended up not having a nice night of sleep. If there was an option of at least closing down the air vents on the room it would be much better.

Excellent location short walking distance from the major attractions. Private hotel parking close by. Friendly staff and a nice room, only it was too cold.

• Double or Twin Room

We wanted hot drinking water but no kettle was provided. The staff helped us out by allowing us to use the microwave in the office.

The location was superb, in the heart of old Seville town, all the main attractions including the cathedral and alcazar were walking distance. Plenty of good places to eat and drink nearby. The staff were super helpful with suggestions and guidance on places to see and tapas bars.

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the sound proofing was really bad... I could hear the people next door: talking, using the toilets etc etc. But then again, it is not a 4/5 star hotel, so I didn't expect too much.

Great location right in old town, the style of the hotel is boutique and very cute. The staff was friendly and caring!

Disappointing in view of the fact that the elevator wasn´t working when I arrived so I had to bring my case up three flights of stairs in 40 degree heat. Not a good start. The doors in the room are old and flaking. They need to be repaired. Doesn´t give a feeling of security. The shower panel only covered half of the shower area and wasn´t raised from the floor so the enitre floor right out into the passage way was flooded when I took a shower. I was waiting for notification for an important working position but the Internet access wasn´t working so I had to go walking around town to look for somewhere late in the evening. When I did manage to connect to Internet, I got twelve minutes for 1 euro. Where is the value for money in that? And they call Dublin a rip off? Nowhere near as bad as that! Certainly not worth 55 euro per night!

I was glad I didn´t have to sleep on the street.

The beds really are not as nice as the hotel. We had a room with twin beds and they were camp cot comfort. Also be aware there is no breakfast room on site.

The staff was extremely helpful. We could only stay one night and they helped us make the most of Seville. Walking tips, restaurant suggestions and how work the system to see the churches on short notice. The location is great and the parking easy although you pay for it.

Bed was marginal.

Location was good. Hotel is older and getting a little dated but very nice for an older property. A bit difficult to get to but right in the middle of the old part of the city.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel reception was ready to carry the bullshow tickets for me before my stay. (Hotel accepted the postal letter with tickets in the envelop on my name).

• Quadruple Room

room was a little small for 4 of us Tea & coffee facilities would've been nice Air conditioning centrally controlled so continually had to go back to reception to get it changed Noise from the street

friendly & informative staff great location great price - does what it says on the tin Really pretty stairways & public areas (tiled)

• Quadruple Room

Wish they had breakfast but there are cafes across the street and around the corner that offer breakfast. Room a little dated.

Great location. This was a Beautiful old hotel a short walk from the cathedral, Alcazar, and shopping areas. Restaurants nearby. Secure private parking nearby.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Public trans to here from airport was a bit tricky

Three single beds was nice as i travel with my sons 17 & 20 Location is fantastic for dining, shopping, site seeing Nice price

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Minor issue: I would have preferred some more counter space or a larger shelf on or near the sink in the bathroom on which to put more items.

The front desk staff, especially Davinia, was very helpful. I enjoy boutique hotels, and this one was exactly what I had hoped. I hope to visit again one day. I'd recommend this to single adult travelers or couples, especially for a romantic getaway.

Absolutely nothing. It was wonderful!

The hotel was in a perfect location. You could walk to everything in Old Town. Reception was helpful, kind and very welcoming. The lobby is beautiful and very elegant. Loved it!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The rooms are not well soundproofed and I could hear people in the room next to me showering, etc.

Very good location in the old quarter, near shopping area, bars, cafés, cathedral etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel does not offer breakfast but the staff did recommend their sister hotel a few minutes walk away which was very nice.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

One of the reasons I chose this hotel was that an "airport transfer" was available. I had assumed that this would be some sort of minibus, possibly serving a number of hotels but when I enquired about how to book it, I was told that it would be a 30 euro taxi (pay the driver direct) which would be ordered for us and would wait outside the airport. I couldn't really see how this would be better than getting a taxi from the rank so we didn't bother with it.

The location was perfect and although we were concerned that we might hear a lot of street noise, we didn't hear a thing.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room was tiny and cramped for one - it would have been a real squeeze for two. The hotel had no bar or breakfast room - nowhere to socialise at all.

Beautiful old building in an excellent location, perfect for exploring the most interesting parts of Seville

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The walls are paperthin so we could hear our neighbours every word. Also the beds are way too small for people over 1.80. The double bed was about 1.40 x 1.75 so you really got to snuggle up at night...

Location was everything, staff was really nice, place is clean.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Not enough light intensity in room.

Central location in old city. Friendly and helpful staff. Beautifully styled hotel - rooms and public areas. Spacious room. Interesting view from window/balcony

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I'm sitting here for some minutes trying to think up something to put here, but am unable to. There is nothing we didn't like.

EVERYTHING; truly, our eight-night stay was perfect. Add in the surrounding beauty of Seville itself, and may we please give "HE" an 11, "Por favor"? The staff accommodated our EVERY need with kindness & grace from a special request at booking until our final "Hasta pronto!". They were superb. Our room was lovely, so too the lobby, giving the feel of a collector of beauty. Perhaps best of all, the location offered respite yet easy access to major sites and easy transit to all others. Neighboring streets have enough bodegas, restaurants, cafes, and bars to fill a month-long stay, but stroll Seville to be fully charmed. We loved our stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it as a superb value. Muchas gracias!

• Double or Twin Room

Centralized air conditioning that is controlled at reception. This wasn't a problem but I would've been happier if I could've controlled it especially as Seville was HOT!

Staff were super helpful and pleasant. Great little room with balcony. Room was quiet when balcony window was closed. Very clean. I would definitely recommend that you stay here!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning controlled for each floor by reception. Sometimes too warm and sometimes too cold.

Excellent situation in the old town. Clean. Good wi-fi.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The air conditioning was absolutely not adequate.

Staff were vey friendly and it was helpful to have a vending machine in the lobby. The location was superb. The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No breakfast. Small bath towels.

I loved the position, close to attractions but not in the middle of chaos. I liked the polite and ready to help staff. The effort to make it truly characteristic of Seville was great, the decorative tiles and baroque pieces of furniture.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel is beautiful and very comfortable. Only one down side, I specifically booked this hotel because it stated it had parking but parking is separate at 17€ a night! Location is fantastic and so are the staff! Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Friendly and helpful staff.

Staff and facility excellent, but one item drags down overall score. That is that the front desk controls the A/C in each room. The guest cannot do it, but must call desk and ask that the temp be lowered, raised, etc. This is a cumbersome process and can take a long time to finally achieve a comfortable room climate. It is too bad because otherwise this is a very fine hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The cold shower on our last evening (as well as our last morning), without previous information. Not being able to turn off, or regulate, the air-conditioning.

Very friendly and helpfull staff, giving worthfull touristic information upon arrival.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

More attention could be paid to the tatty soft furnishing of the room. Decorative pillows on the bed looked tired...

The hotel is situated in the best part of town and the staff are extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

They could advice me about where the garage is.... I had to park on a public parking and pay 4 euros and walk 10 min to do the check in and download the suitcases.... If they could only tell us beforehand where the parking is it would be very helpful

The location was great! Staff was very helpful, they guy joined us to find the parking place

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A/C seemed centrally controlled and wasn't very effective - it also failed one night and we were roasting.

Excellent location and boutique feel (without the price tag!)

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing....needs upgrade... Was very dirty. Shower all scratched and dirty...even after we complained....never been dusted..however the Linen was clean....did not get room we booked and we had booked 2 months previously... Have stayed in hostels in Saville far superior and half the price.. Very disappointed

Only the location was good

Stayed in May 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Street noise made it difficult to get a good night's sleep.

• Double or Twin Room

Wonderful location near all places of interest. Lidia at reception was most helpful

• Double or Twin Room

Sadly, no room with a view/real window

Nice quaint lobby. Spacious room.

• Double or Twin Room

The pillow and bed were not especially comfortable.

Excellent location central to most sights in Seville, friendly helpful staff, very quiet.

• Double or Twin Room

Old furniture (but still clean)

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms in need of a redecoration.

Fantastic location, good value and friendly staff

Poor soundproofing between rooms

Wonderful ambience. Great staff

• Double or Twin Room

Location excellent. Staff helpful and knowledgeable.

I would have liked a kettle etc. Especially as there is no dining room.

Helpful staff, nice bathroom and comfy bed.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was great with a big and cozy bathroom.

It would have been so good to have an on site coffee shop instead of an empty very scruffy in- room bar on the floor

Friendly staff excellent location

Temperature. The heating didn't work properly.

• Double or Twin Room

Location, friendliness of staff and cleanliness of room.

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent location , quality of staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff were excellent. Clean and well located

No breakfast facility

Good location, clean and friendly

• Double or Twin Room

Tiny, outdated room with paper thin walls.

Excellent location near the Real Alcazar and the Seville Cathedral.

No cafe or restaurant

Location and period decor

• Double or Twin Room

Had twin beds would of prefered a double but they were comfortable

Love the hotel so old and beautiful

Nil

In heart of old town and most of the monuments easy to walk to.

Lovely helpful staff,amazing location