Reviews of Expo Hotel Barcelona 4 stars

Mallorca, 1-23, Sants-Montjuïc, 08014 Barcelona, Spain

#438 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

A very comfortable hotel and ideally placed for Barcelona railway station
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The staff on arrival were cheerful and efficient, and the instructions for reaching the room very easy to follow. Lovely decor in the corridors, and the bed was very comfortable with plenty of plump cushions.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

I would like to return to Expo Barcelona in future, I loved it.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

I made the reservation online (7 days) and the room did not match what was actually available on arrival. However, I was given an even nicer room the next night. The breakfast could offer a smaller range and reduce the cost. For my own breakfast needs, it is too much and too expensive.

The staff were friendly and helpful. A hotel located close to the main railway station in most cities is not ordinarily, in the most desirable neighbourhood. NOT so with Expo in Barcelona where the station has a great atmosphere that extends to the immediate streets including where the hotel is located. I felt safe and relaxed in the whole vicinity. The roof top club has a great atmosphere and luscious food. One patron I spoke to up there had been recommended to come for dining from another hotel close by! True! Such a nice place to appreciate the view and relax.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good value for money compared to the high prices in Barcelona and I would recommend it to anybody!
    • King Room with Balcony

The only disappointing I had was that the room we got wasn’t looking the same like what we saw in the pictures. It didn’t have the same design. It was clean but old fashioned. Also would have loved to have an umbrella at the pool area, some music and to be allowed to smoke. But that’s a smoker’s point of view.

We were in Barcelona for 5 nights at this hotel. We liked the bed, it was huge and comfortable. The staff was friendly, especially Guido, the Argentinian guy, very attentive. We also appreciated that the hotel was really clean and spacious. The food was also good and not pricey.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Fab
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

No milk in room as needed a coffee most days staff fab only one thing no showers or room as had a late flight had to wait round I have stayed in a lot of hotels always had this service

lovely time and very clean room!
    • Small Single Room with Balcony

The hotel is in a great location and rail ticket can be brought cheaply 10 trips for around 15 euro. The staff in the bar (roof) very nice and friendly.

Impressive view.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

For its price it was a bit dissappointment regarding the aesthetics of the rooms.

Impressive view. The location is next to the city center and the central train and metro station. The personal was very helpful and polite. The pool combined with the view was very impressive.

Good stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Breakfast and room service very expensive - especially considering lots of nice cafes very close to the hotel.

All very good and relaxing. Staff helpful. Rooms always very clean.

The hotel is nice and modern, loved the rooftop bar but the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Lovely modern hotel so i Booked a superior room with balcony, there was nothing superior about it at all. The balcony was very small and was very dissapointed with the room.

The hotel is nice and modern, loved the rooftop bar but the rooms are very decieving.

Perfect location makes for a great stay.
    • Small Single Room with Balcony

Pillows too soft for my liking, otherwise an excellent facility.

Location of this property was fantastic, less than 5 minutes walk to the train station for excursions. Also many good cafes and restaurants in easy walking distance as well.

Overall very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Thought the room was a little dated compared to photos but still beautiful

Good location next to the metro station with airport being 3 stops away! And the Barcelona beach being a few stops and one change on the metro was very easy. €22 for 72 hour travel pass train tube bus etc that suited us 5 minute walk up to the magic water fountain. Drop in bag service (free) for after you check out if you have a later flight staff was nice. Local restaurants and shops.

There was honestly nothing I liked about this property the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The hotel is gloomy, the mat in the hallway reeked of dampness the bathrooms are uninviting with miss matched color co-ordination. And there was a certain stuffiness in the rooms regardless of the fact that I had the A/C on all the time.

There was honestly nothing I liked about this property the reception staff were friendly. The breakfast was okay.

This hotel is great for group of friends or couples looking...
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

This hotel is great for group of friends or couples looking for a decent budget hotel to spend the nights after entire day's sightseeing. The room was apt for our needs. Perfect in location - right next to Barcelo Sants train station, Tarragona metro station, taxi stand and bus stop - all 2mins away!! Supermarket & restaurants with different cuisines were also quite nearby.

very clean.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

pool had about 8 sun loungers in total so no where to lay and sunbathe unless you want to lay on the floor, should really attempt to accomodate to more guests, also got told off for taking my bottled water up on the terrace as it wasnt purchased from the bar. rooms dated could do with modernising to fit in with the rest of the hotel.

very clean. lobby modern. terrace bar nice.

location is very good for the people who take a train to go...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony (1 Adult)

Mostly of staffs are friendly. But, not all. I suffer my back pain, so, I wanted someone bring mx baggage to my room. However, no one who is in charge of baggage. Is it cheap what I paid 100 euro to have porters, maybe... . Building must be renewed. Very old. Seems abandoned building.

location is very good for the people who take a train to go to Paris in the next day. Bed is very comfortable! They have tooth brush as amenity! Restrant (I took room service) served good qualify snacks.

Food, staff and views AMAZING....shame about the uncomfortable bed!?
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The bed was one of the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in, such a shame as everything else was great. If you like a very soft bed, with pillows you sink into, then this will suit you better!?

The staff were super helpful and friendly. The rooftop pool was amazing with views over Barcelona. The rooftop bar with jazz music in the background and gourmet burgers were also overlooking the city with amazing views and best of all reasonably priced so we didn't feel we had to leave the hotel and search for food and a bar as the hotel provided all we needed for our one night stopover. The set menu in the brasserie on floor 3 inside had a nice bar and we REALLY enjoyed the days set menu with a 3 course meal with beer or wine for 18 Euros each......excellent value and SO tasty and classy!

Stole my Louis Vuitton handbag!
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

Everything was perfect! Until the day I left. My flight was to depart in the evening but checkout was at noon so I left my luggage with the hotel to keep it on hold upon my return my Louis Vuitton handbag was missing. When I addressed this the manager was awful and didn’t seem to be bothered. The staff kept speaking amongst themselves in Spanish when I requested them to speak in English they ignored me. Please please be vigilant I didn’t get no assistance and was treated terribly. I had to leave for the airport otherwise I would have missed my flight. The staff really belittled me and dealt with a situation awfully.

GREAT facilities, atrocious night sleep.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

If you enjoy sleep at all, do not stay here! We were on the 6th floor and it sounded like our bed was directly on the street because of how loud we could hear the street traffic. I could hear the people above us just simply pull out the chair from the desk. All toilets flushing, people walking down the hall on our floor and the floor above us. It was the worst night sleep I have had in years. The insulation needs a serious upgrade!

The food and the staff were EXQUISITE. The facilities were amazing and we loved the roof top pool and bar.

Expo Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony (1 Adult)

Beds hard, single, not double bed as requested or assured when booked. Room not overly clean and some (NOT ALL) reception staff were quite rude, even arrogant towards their paying guests. Room and entire floor 'reeked' of smoke, despite being a non smoking room. Rooftop pool a VERY small square size and bar not that inviting.

Balcony and view. Water on arrival and fridge and safe available

I liked the location as it was close to Sants station for my...
    • Small Single Room with Balcony

My room was small and shower I could not move in 😒

I liked the location as it was close to Sants station for my arrival and I liked the staff at reception and I loved the staff upstairs in terrace Bar

Reasonable for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Pool was a little disappointing as looks bigger on photos, also declined 2 rooms before finding one that was decent and not over looking next doors flats

Roof bar food and drink

very pleasant stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The location wasn't close to everything but a huge bonus for sightseeing! Bus station for the hop on hop off bus is right across the road at the train station, so transport was very easy from this location.

From first arriving to the hotel the outside looks quite old and questionable but inside is very modern and beautiful. The pillows were so comfortable we didn't want to get out of bed! Food was amazing and our stay was quite pleasant.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Perfect location, lovely food and great room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Nothing much to complain about, little picky things really. We only had one chair in our room which meant that we could not both sit on the balcony at the same time - other than that can't think of anything else!

Our room was fab with a beautiful view from the balcony. The breakfast buffet really set us up for full days exploring the city, and the rooftop bar/restaurant is lovely. The swimming pool is small but perfect for a morning dip (very good for a not very strong swimmer like myself!)

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Not so great experience
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

The lady who works at the pool was very rude and unpolite to my wife. In front of everybody in the pool area she told us that my wife was not wearing proper swimming cloths and my wife would have to leave. We argued with her and she "allowed" us to stay but just that time. There were a lot of people around us and there were other ladis with longer cloths than my wife and she said nothing.

The reception staff are nice.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Location is great.
    • Small Single Room with Balcony

Location is great. Less than 5 min walk from Barcelona Sants. Train metro stop is also near. Staff were very accommodating and helpful. Restaurant in the hotel serves decent food though with the limited staff it will be a bit of wait.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Will definitely stay here again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

2nd best bed of our month away. Location so great - just rolled our bags across the road from Barcelo Sants Station. Fresh, clean and great helpful staff.

Long weekend stay..Was really disappointed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The room was very basic and definitely not worth a 4* rating. The pool was dirty with minimal space for sunbathing. The breakfast was poor and after we paid 16 euros per person, they ran out of hash browns and sausages, then refused when we asked for a refund. We were very unhappy.

The food in the terrace bar was nice.

Mar menor boy
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony (1 Adult)

Need more English tv channels and would like the fried eggs hot instead of cold this has always been a problem. I never see it anywhere else and some proper breakfast sausages not them spicy ones and fried bread and mushrooms

All good friendly staff quick at reception .clean hotel nice roof bar and my ac in the room was working good this time .Great location for the train station

Best location very close to Sant station.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony (1 Adult)

Best location very close to Sant station. You can just take metro to all tourist destinations. Large room and huge bed. Super friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is awesome too.

Pleasant -but for the lack of a comfy seat !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony (1 Adult)

Only REAL complaint - there wasn’t one single comfortable chair to sit and relax on. You had to sit either on the bed or a very basic/hard desk chair. Very unusual -I’ve never come across this problem before .... and I have travelled a great deal !

Rooms very clean. Staff extremely helpful and friendly

Disappointing hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

We stayed on floor 4. The Room was more like a hostel and balcony very shabby with no furniture to sit on etc. You can hear everything between the walls and floor above. Noisy guests in the middle of the night. Pool area was depressing in real need of modernisation and maybe even some plants etc to make it look better?

If it wasn’t for the nice friendly staff I would of been really unhappy to be honest. They were very helpful in every way. The bathroom was lovely but that’s the only positive thing about the room.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The location is good, it is clean and one can sleep without...
    • Small Single Room with Balcony

Photos are misleading, the hotel is generally of low-end quality while it might seem different according to pictures on the website. (very small shower with a curtain in my room, the room was very small, etc...

The location is good, it is clean and one can sleep without problem. Basic needs are satsified.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

We loved Barcelona, and the expo Barcelona didn't disappoint, it was a perfect base for our stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Our stay was great and we appreciate the city and the hotels cater for a variety of differing travellers looking for their own perfect holiday adventure, we found the walls a little thin, so noise made by those coming in later or in the early hours of the morning was noticeable. Also there is a fair behind the hotel which although no doubt provides great entertainment, the main ride featured there when running was very noisy and the screams of the riders was unfortunately very loud. Saying that we were that shattered by our daily outings we weren't kept awake very long (thank fully!). I would suggest if you are a light sleeper take your ear plugs. After all it is a holiday destination and a city for fun, but we do need sleep, and I would despite those little inconveniences stay there again. Just wanted to warn those that might have difficulty sleeping.

The location was great, with Barcelona station right behind, so it made the journey from the airport to the city centre straightforward. The size of the rooms were good, and balcony an added bonus. The hotel facilities were great, jumping into the pool was great after a day roaming around the city sight seeing.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Everything was as expected, barcelona in general is very...
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

At the end of the day it feels a lot like a party hotel. Lots of drunken people screaming on the corridors etc.

Everything was as expected, barcelona in general is very expensive for what you get in terms of hotels.

Cleanliness
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

Tv was on one side while the beds on the other side Internet was not that strong such as we couldn't connect Chromecast with TV as internet was failing

Cleanliness Staff friendliness

We enjoyed our time there with the friendly staff & the location made it easy to get around
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Very noisy carnival until 3am & rooftop bar. Also stale vomit hadn't been cleaned from the carpet in the corridor in the 5 days we were there

Nice big room, bathroom and balcony

Easy reach of the station and I knew I would get a clean comfy bed and a lovely dip in the pool
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The breakfast is a bit poor and not to my taste and there are not enough beds at the pool area

Pillows were excellent and it is a good location being close to the train station, the rooftop pool

Perfect location, the roof top bar is nice and food there is...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

You could hear the noise of furniture moving once the cleaners started at 7am and throughout the night. Breakfast was pretty average for the price they charge

Perfect location, the roof top bar is nice and food there is also good.. price isn't to bad for drinks. Staff were willing to help

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

excellent hotel on the whole
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

we were only given one complimentary bottle of water for the whole of our stay. on the last few days I did notice some very large bugs in the bath room

the air con was very good, the staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Pool, nice food in restaurant, nice view from terrace,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony (1 Adult)

Very basic decoration, furniture with little investment could be awesome.

Pool, nice food in restaurant, nice view from terrace, convenient location except for city center a bit off the beaten path, and good enough breakfast, best Hash brown croquettes I ever tasted in any hotel.

Good place, but only for a short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

Very noisy conditioner, hard to sleep while it’s working. There are no umbrellas on the roof near the pool. Almost all the sunbeds with cracks. You can’t drink your water (or any other drink) if you didn’t buy it in the hotel bar. We found a lot’s of hairs under the bed and in bathroom.

Good place only for a short stay. Hotel is located near three metro stations (which is very comfortable), Montjuic castle and Industrial park. Friendly personal at the reception desk.

Clean, modern hotel! Super roof terrace for drinks and food - welcome pool in such hot weather!
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

The beds weren't very comfortable and the room was very small - I travelled with my husband and our 8 year old son. We didn't complain about this because we were only staying for a couple of nights. I cannot comment about breakfast because we opted out - thought 15 euros for breakfast was a bit steep. To be honest, for a couple of nights in a city hotel, it's not bad value really.

The roof terrace was great! Really lovely with festoon lights and views across the city! Also, the burgers in the roof terrace restaurant were excellent. The pool was very much appreciated as the weather was 36 degrees when we visited. The only thing we would say here is that the pool doesn't look quite like the photos, but very welcome nonetheless in the heat - the price of our stay was very good for a city hotel with a pool. The hotel is very close to a Metro station.

A good hotel option near the train station
    • King Room with Balcony

The location isn't great if you're planning to spend several in Barcelona, but served us well as we just needed a place to stay near the train station before our flight the next day.

The room was large and clean. The staff was phenomenal - incredibly accommodating. Excellent breakfast, as well!

Great Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Few sunbeds around the pool.... wasn't thay much. Of a problem though.

Friendly staff, clean inviting room and good location! Reception, bar and restaurant staff couldn't of been anymore helpful. Great service. Breakfast was spit on! So much choice a lovely start to a day of exploring.

I am happy including my son.. Thanks
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The cleaner doesn't mop the floor if they can see it dirty just sweeping and no toilet brush and the milk wasn't enough for my coffee and teas but other than everything's were great..

The view from the bedroom and the comfy bed..

A really good Expirence
    • King Room with Balcony

The breakfast had so much to choose from. The rooms were very roomy comfy and cool. The staff were amazing and very helpful. It was very easy to get around the city, with taxis outside and the metro around the corner. The roof top restaurant was really amazing. Highly recommend.

Expo Review
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The pool was smaller than it looked on the images and there were only around 10 sunbeds throughout the week which is no way near enough for the amount of guests staying.

Reception staff were brilliant, rooms cleaned to a high standard and although not in the gothic quarter you are close enough to a few metro stations to get in the centre in less than 20 minutes.

Absolutely fabulous
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Excellent location, within walking distance from the train station and metro. Amazing views from the room, looking out onto the Olympic park. The pool area was a sun trap and great for a little break from exploring the city. The food in the hotel was extremely tasty, I recommend trying the hamburgers! The staff were really helpful and friendly and allowed me to decorate the room for my boyfriends birthday. Overall great value for money, will definitely think of staying here again!

Expo
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Rooms a bit dated.stayed at sister hotel Torre Catalunya and rooms were much better

Staff excellent, rooftop bar fantastic.didnt have time to try rooftop pool but wish I did

Good location but old hotel
    • King Room with Balcony

When we come in the room after going out to sightseeing, the safety box was opened. But we didn't los any precious items & money...we were unpleasant extremely! And They couldn't explain for that reason .. They have to clean the Bathroom more cleanly.

Good location with train & metro. There are many restraint & cafe for eating something.

Decent location near main train station and underground
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony (1 Adult)

Room 10th floor next to roof bar terrace with people drinking until 2am outside window. Change room (no.504 )with loud road noise and sewer smell leaking form the bathroom. They seem to know about this problem and hope people don't notice as previous guests report the same .

Decent location near main train station and underground

Good value
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony (1 Adult)

The hotel is a 3-4 walk from Barcelona Sants. My bed was extremely comfortable and my room was very quiet. I had a sangria and Terrazzo burger up on the roof top bar - both were delicious. I enjoyed my one night stay very much.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It was very clean and the maid was very good everyday coming...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

It maybe wasn’t exactly as the pictures were. However still clean, nice and it was good for what we needed it for.

It was very clean and the maid was very good everyday coming to clean our room, regardless of the time!

Breakfast was very good and the location was great with easy...
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

The facilities were not perfect duo to an old building specially in bathroom and air-conditioning.

Breakfast was very good and the location was great with easy access to public transport. The staffs were kind and friendly. Special thanks to MARYAM !

Best value for money the staff are so helpfully would definitely recommend to stay in this hotel

Everything was perfect

I've stayed in the expo a few times and the staff are so friendly they go above and beyond for you. The rooms are very clean and the bed is so comfortable, great location and great value.

Clean, comfortable, commendable!
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

We didn’t use the pool as it was very busy but that’s not a bad thing, it was very hot!! Also, didn’t eat in as we were only there overnight so can’t comment on the restaurant.

Very welcoming, friendly staff on reception. Room was clean and comfortable, just what was needed after a long journey! Good location, adjacent to Sants station - less than 5 minute walk - but no issue with station noise; buses, taxis etc. Highly recommended!

The staff made my stay easy and relaxed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The temperature of the water in the shower was a little bit difficult to control but I eventually managed it.

The staff were really helpful, professional and friendly. The room we had was spacious and quiet, the bed was comfortable. The hotel bar serves food till late and the La Terraza roof top bar has lovely views of the city. The staff of the bar are pleasant and efficient, and a spacious mention for the staff member Paulo Santos who was friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to restaurants and cafes and it is a 10 minute walk to a shopping mall. There is also the Catalonian Art Gallery within 10 minutes walk which has a fountain display in the evening time. There is a taxi rank directly outside the hotel and Barcelona Sants train station is within 3 minutes walk

Lovely roof top bar with great burgers

Had a balcony but no chairs to sit outside

Lovely roof top bar with great burgers Shower broke during stay but fixed straight away Pleasant staff on reception and rooftop bar

Good hotel, convenient location, a few little things let it down.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

Our room on the 9th Floor was below the rooftop bar. It was very noisy at night when chairs were moved. Pool area could have done with a few more sunloungers

Room was a good size, with a walk in wardrobe, so all our bags were out of the way. Breakfast was very good, lots of fresh fruit and pastries. A good range of breakfast foods. Good views from balcony on 9th Floor.

Reception staff caused grievance

The staff on reception caused us grievance with an issue ordering taxis. I requested them two hours ahead of needing them and was told I'd be phoned on my room phone when this was done, I chased them twice in two hours until they said it was done and the taxis would arrive 15 mins early but that they would go out and greet the drivere and my party could come for the booked time. We were greeted with angry taxi drivers who had kept the meter running for 15 mins, two of the cabs also took my party for a long ride claiming not to know the address, we ended up paying €20, €20 and €14 for a journey that should have costed €7-10, the drivers swore about us in Spanish because they clearly felt messed about too, the whole situation was managed very badly

The cocktails and food were very good on the rooftop bar

Good facilities for a city break with an older child.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

Room cleaning wasn't very thorough on our arrival. Our special requests of a quiet room with extra pillows wasn't carried out. We were placed under the bar/resturant - we complained the next morning and we were moved, 2nd room lovely and quiet.

The beds were comfy. Good to have the pool for a cool off after a busy day of sightseeing with an 11year old, although clever phogography shows the pool to be much bigger than it actually was. It was great to have chilled water in reception area during the day.

Tired spartan rooms but great buffet breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

Our family of six stayed at the Expo Hotel Barcelona from 29 July to 1st August 2018. We booked 2 x double rooms with extra single bed in each. Despite making the booking three months in advance the hotel refused to confirm availability of the extra bed for each room saying it was subject to availability upon checking in. We were very disappointed to learn upon check in at midnight on the 29th that an extra single bed was not available for one room [despite their computer saying it was already in the room] so our family of six had to make do with 5 beds for one night. We were nonetheless charged for six persons for the night! The following day the hotel located an extra bed. The hotel rooms were minimalist, spartan and very tired. They are crying out for a refurbishment. The 1970’s stucco plaster like walls (see photos) and room furniture with significant wear and tear are long overdue for an upgrade. Noise insulation between rooms could also be improved. Further the extra single bed is a portable type with thin mattress so more suitable for children than adults.

There were three things we liked about the Expo Hotel Barcelona. First was the walk in wardrobe in each room. Our luggage and there was a fair bit for a family with children could be stored in wardrobe thereby reducing room clutter. Second, the roof top bar is wonderful. A burger and a local Estrella Damm lager beer (brewed in Barcelona) is a joy to partake in against a city skyline backdrop with the occasional passenger jet sighted in the distance. Finally and perhaps best of all was the buffet breakfast. For the discounted 12 Euro per adult the buffet exceeded our expectations with a very wide selection of fresh fruits, breads, cakes etc. and bacon cooked to perfection – not the crispy rubbish found elsewhere. Overall for the price the hotel represented reasonable value though was not as good as the slightly more expensive Petit Palace Museum Hotel which we stayed at in the following week which was better located for tourist activities.

Not nearly as good as previous stays although the hotel have apologised to me.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony (1 Adult)

The staff on reception were not as polite as on previous visits. The terrace restaurant vegetarian food was uninteresting to say the least. When I asked at the terrace bar for a Martini I was told that they had run out and I would have to go to the bar downstairs to get one - hardly good customer service!

I have stayed at this hotel many times before because it is near Sants railways station. I have always enjoyed the vegetarian restaurant choices in the terrace restaurant and the helpfulness of the staff. Such a pity that my expectations were not met this time.

Amazing!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

I loved everything about this hotel! Felt very lush. The lady at the counter was so lovely. The room had an incredible view from the large balcony. The room itself was beautiful and very roomy. The bedding was so nice we found it hard to get up in the morning. The pool area is such a lovely place to relax and take a dip.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

A nice hotel for one who stays in the city long and likes to explore Barcelona!
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

Rooms should provide coffee.

It is located close to Train Stations. Public transportation is within walk distances. The hotel is getting old. But the price was compelling. So it is a good choice if one stays in Barcelona for many days, helping save some money.

Wrong info on the website . Booked a superior room but got only a standard
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

Third bed very uncomfortable. Terrible basic small room for 3 pax . I booked superior room but at the hotel I was put in a standard room saying it’s against hotel policy to have 3 beds in a superior room !! Very noisy room , kept me awake most of the nights . The hotel changed my room at 2 am so I could get some sleep but it was the same noise on the next day .

I got a top floor room as requested. Two comfortable beds

Location near Sants station was good.
    • Small Single Room with Balcony

I like to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room. These are usually in the rooms in hotels everywhere. The absence of a kettle tea milk and sugar with cups was disappointing. Also the lack of power points in the room for charging my phone and tablet devices was poor. There is a point in the bathroom but this was inconvenient. Laundry costs are extreme at over 60 euros for a small amount .

Location near Sants station was good. The pool and terrace restaurant are great.

The air conditioning in our room worked so we had a good...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The swimming pool was disappointing (please put the size in your hotel details) It would also have been nice to use the sun deck it before 10am

The air conditioning in our room worked so we had a good nights sleep... The roof top bar in the evening was lovely.

Very good location, right next to the Barcelona sant train...

Bed is not comfortable! Hurt my back, can’t sleep properly. Very small room! Not recommended for light sleeper!

Very good location, right next to the Barcelona sant train station. Very very close. Great stay for next day morning meeting in front of the station. Have a very small roof top swimming pool close at 8pm.

Miss
    • King Room with Balcony

Would be nice with a nicer roof top by the pool, like more chairs maybe a sun bed and parasol. But it was al right

Love the Big room and How clean it was, perfect location to Barcelona Sants station where you easily can take the train to all amazing beaches like Stiges. Amazing breakfast and nice staff at the terrace especially a man called Paulo he gave such a good service and kind polite funny man!! Kl

Great room and roof top bar/pool is amazing and the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Bar staff need to be told what a smile is and very slow with drinks & food

Great room and roof top bar/pool is amazing and the rooms are spacious and clean

More than expectation!!
    • King Room with Balcony

Shade area at the terrace swimming area

Very clean in & out and convenient/accessible for public transport. One of the attraction, Magical fountain 9min walk from the hotel. We love it!!

2min walking distance to Barcelona Sants, clean and cozy,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Balcony

sound proofing could be quite bad in the room. could hear noise from top floor and outside of the room

2min walking distance to Barcelona Sants, clean and cozy, reasonable price

Awful!
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

Staff esp at reception was very unfriendly in my opinion people at the reception should be the one greeting and welcoming guests with a smile (no matter how their day is going on!) and not vice versa. I have asked for parking and it was not recorded thank goodness there are still spaces. The minute we entered the room, there was a stinking smell coming out from the bathroom though we opened the window and balcony door smell (as my daughter described a fishy smell) was still around, demanded for a new room ... took ages before it was done. They even sent a housekeeper who gave us some cleaning stuff/spray (do you expect guests to do it?!?!?!) ended up staying in a triple room separated from each other and not as originally requested! I needed to take the first available room! Most of all rooms are not soundproofed you can hear footsteps from the floor above you and next door stuffs! I don’t think i would recommend ...

Location was good and central near to different mode of transport. Though the pool was small, it has served its purpose after a very hot day stroll in the city

An Okay hotel, with great facilities (especially the rooftop pool) but basic rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed with Balcony

The room was small and very basic. No iron/iron board or even a kettle, which you'd expect from even the lowest of the budget hotels. However, for 4 star hotel, it was very disappointing to see that those facilities were not available in the room.

The room booked was basic with a good use of a small space, but in comparisons to other hotel of the same price range, I expected more. The bathrooms were the best part of the the rooms, providing a stocked bathroom with a great shower. Staying at the hotel also gave u access to its pool facilities as well as the baggage hold for the final day, if you have extra time on your hand.

Great location and beautiful hotel.
    • King Room with Balcony

The one and only thing that let's this hotel down is the fact that people from the area come to use the pool and take over. At most times throughout the day you can not get a sunlounger or a seat near the pool or garden area due to people not staying in the hotel using it. It's right next to tho beach, so people park up and come with big bags of supplies for the day. Their drinks and food and take over. Most of the time the pools to full of kids to even get in or swim. Then they look at you you're in the wrong for using the facilities. It is really annoying. We paid a lot of money for suite and hardly got to use the pool area as there were on loungers. One family moved around 7 to use for them and their kids. It's not very fair or reasonable for paying guests to be pushed out of the area by them. They should think about only allowing hotel guests to use the pool, the would not loose money as the locals don't buy anything any way. This did spoil our holiday a lot as we kept going out to sun bathe and cool off in the pool and having to elsewhere.

Beautifully air conditioned. So clean. Friendly staff. We had a suite and the views were beautiful with a spacious balcony. Everywhere was cleaned everyday and could not fault the room or staff at all. It's a great location and if you don't choose a meal option there's a super market a short walk away and many restaurants to keep you going. The beach is also a few minutes walk away too and it is a beautiful beach. It is a lovely hotel. The outside area it nice but things let it down.

Browse Expo Hotel Barcelona traveller photo gallery