Reviews of F&G Logroño 3 stars

Avenida de Viana, 2-6, 26001 Logroño, Spain

#12 of 20 hotels in Logroño

The hotel’s location is perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast options are too limited for the price. Many people from staff aren’t understand english well.

The hotel’s location is perfect. It’s close to the parks, popular Logroño places, and free public parking. Rooms are well sized and has all the required equipment.

Great location and nice hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Stayed there last night and the girl at check in was lovely but later that evening when we wanted to pay (as we were leaving early next day for a flight) the girl at reception was so rude...sighed when we wanted to pay, then said our card wasn’t working when in fact it was and then when we paid never said thank you!! Reiterated what other guests have said...this girl was exceptionally rude...her manager needs to speak with her! Also outside door of mini bar was full of drink stains...disappointing!

Great location and nice hotel.

Great location, comfortable and clean

Reception when I arrived after walking for several hours - omg this sweaty pilgrim is staying in my hotel. I’ve stayed here three times previously and never been made to feel like I wasn’t welcome. Reception on check out when I looked a whole lot better couldn’t have been more helpful - it was the same person!!

Great location, everything you need, clean and quiet after 7 nights in hostels on the Camino.

If my issues were addressed, I would stay at the location again.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room wasn't the best. First off, the A/C didn't really work so it was incredibly warm. Next, the bed wasn't great at all - super saggy and could feel the springs right through them. And next, the drain in the bathroom was clogged.

The staff was incredible. They helped us with any question we could think of asking (they were especially helpful in booking a bus to our next destination).

A comfortable overnight stay within walking distance of the town.
    • Double or Twin Room

This is the third time we have stayed at the F&G hotel, mainly because it's very easy to find but also because the rooms are comfortable and the hotel is only a short (comfortable 10-minute) walk to the shops, bars and restaurants. The staff are friendly and helpful and there is an underground car park, which is accessed via a lift so the smaller your car the better! The hotel is situated on a small roundabout at the bottom of town, on the Vitoria/Pamplona road and so is very easy to find. We've always used the car park as we've never been lucky enough to find any on-street parking nearby. The hotel has a lovely atrium for reading/having a drink and although we have never had breakfast at the hotel, they have a cafeteria where we have had good coffee and pastries. Our main reason for visiting Logrono is the tapas around Calle Laurel, which we fell across by accident a couple of years ago. Bar Cid does the most beautiful mushrooms with a creamy garlic sauce and a glass of cider but unfortunately he was closed last year for holidays and this year was closed because it was Monday! Bar Soriano across the road from Bar Cid also does excellent mushrooms but very different from Bar Cid. Tio Blas at the end of Called Laurel is one of the best tapas bars in town and as you can see from the photo there is hardly even standing room in the street! From Logrono we went to Calatayud (non motorway) and came across beautiful scenery. It's well worth taking the slower road!

Would not stay here again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Worn property. Dirty stained carpet in hotel. Uncomfortable beds. No iron/ironing board in room.

Location was fantastic for my purposes. Easy to walk everywhere.

Great location, nice place.
    • Double or Twin Room

Expensive car parking charges. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room

Good location. Nice bathroom. Very helpful staff, particularly when guiding us from the underground car park

Not luxury.
    • Double or Twin Room

The guy who checked is in was rude and not helpful at all. The room was super small. We used this as a rest day from the Camino and for what we paid we should have stayed somewhere else. The breakfast is not worth 9€.

The room was clean, beds comfortable. Location was close to a lot of shops and restaurants. Hotel is on the Camino. AC in the room was nice.

Excellent location, secure underground parking for cars...

Excellent location, secure underground parking for cars (15Euros) we had 3 Lambrettas all in the one space but could easily get 5 in. Easy to find location from ring road. Bar on site. Large basic but adequate breakfast room. Lifts up to floors. Desk staff can point you to the towns 90 Tapas bars! Yes 90!! I recommend the one that only serves garlic grilled mushrooms, cheap & tasty ;)

A pleasant relaxing overnight stay. Just what a traveller wants.
    • Double or Twin Room

Disappointed the main restaurant was not open but there was still food available.

The main restaurant was not open in the evening which was disappointing. However the bar cafeteria was. I ate there and the food was good. There was a good selection at the buffet breakfast. The staff where multi lingual and helpful. I used the underground car park for my motorcycle, a small charge is made but the car park is totally secure. I would use this hotel again if in the area.

Good location within walking distance of old town and river.
    • Double or Twin Room

No tea and coffee making facilities in room. Parking was via a car lift which was a test to get in and out and was 15 Euros per night.

Good location within walking distance of old town and river. Lovely views of river and mountains

Great value

Soundproofing could be better although in the event it was not a problem. No soap in diapers see in arrival.

Modern comfortable hotel with friendly staff and excellent facilities.

Stay a way from this hotel,not clean,no value for money,bad rooms,bad breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Smokers in the room, they give us an other room with pubic hair in the bathtube and bided, and a broken matras,after this we get the suite: dirty and no ambiance and noise from neighbours, 15€ for the breakfast 3€ allready to much.

Nothing only the entrance looks nice

Very comfortable and relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room

It’s common nowadays but I do love tea or coffee making facilities in the room and wish hotels would bring this back.

The building is beautiful with different architectural elements complimenting each other. The views are stunning (front of the hotel)The room was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast varied and very tasty. The receptionist was extremely helpful with me and she was very patient. I did note all staff where excellent.

A bit disappointing given the other reports I saw when I booked.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room allocated wasn't what I ordered, so had to change. The next room I was given didn't have curtains that covered the window so I was woken my the light early morning.

Good location and secure parking.

The bar & restaurant were not open because it was Sunday.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bar & restaurant were not open because it was Sunday. I didn't see this was the case when I booked as bar & restaurant facilities were part of the reason I booked this hotel.

Very pleasant will stay again during my next trip to Spain
    • Double or Twin Room

The only problem be a Sunday the restaurant was closed . The shower was big but was leaking by the seal at the bottom of the door so the floor was flooded so mopping was necessary.

The friendly staff make me and my wife very welcome, our room was very clean and smelling fraiche . Very big choice of food for breakfast and cooked to perfection.

Perfect for a short break in Logrono
    • Double or Twin Room

To get out of the underground car park without hitting anything requires assistance, which was provided, unasked, by reception, most local hotels have only have public parking so it's worth the effort.

Nicely located for a tour of the Tapas bars, very good breakfast and a convenient all day coffee shop

great hotel in great city
    • Double or Twin Room

there is privat underground parking witch is graet, but you need to drive there trough an elevator for cars. is it achallenge to do that

very nice hotel. close to the center and the old town. great fiacilities. have asauna and a jacuzzi. clean and the staff is helpfull.

Best value of our trip so far.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi had some troubles. Front desk would print out a new code. However rest of value and location made up for it.

Great value. Walking distance to parks and also downtown tapas area. We also enjoyed the hot tub and sauna. Good coffee shop attached.

perfect base for rioja
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is good, close to the centre and very easy to find (immediately in front when you cross over the stone bridge). We could look out of our window and see the pilgrims walking over the bridge each day. Lovely to relax in the jacuzzi after a day out. As other guests have said the parking is very tight but there was someone on hand when we checked out to make sure we maneuvered ourselves safely into the car lift.

Staff attitude is extremely unfriendly and very rude. Very disappointed!!!

1. The staff attitude is the main problem in this hotel. The female staff (the fat , middle-aged lady with curly hair) who are at the reception is extremely rude. I asked her all the information about the wine tour on my first day of arrival. She knows nothings about it. She knows nothing about Pamplona . She even told me the wrong time for breakfast. I have been to Spain for 6 times from the past 10 years, visited different parts of Spain and I never come across any staff like her . Her pride, unfriendly , rude attitude really ruin my trip. Also, the staff working in the restaurant also rude, always wearing a long face. :( 2. Location of the hotel is very far from from the old town. It needs at least 20-25 mins. walking to the old town, You need to walk through some dark and alley at the night time and no light nearby . I am very scared when I walk back to hotel after the sun gone. Not recommend to others. 3. Restaurant food also not good. Even you order a cup of coffee and it tasted bad.

Not bad
    • Double or Twin Room

Like most hotels in Spain, you have to pay for your parking. The room had a smell in it and was less than impressive when it came to comfort.

The location is great. It's a walking distance to the main square.

A relaxing stay in a convenient hotel close to all the local eateries/shops.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing. However, to access the car park you use a lift and it's much easier if you're in a small car. Last time we had a Renault Espace and it was very "hairy" but was much easier this year with a Skoda Fabia!

The hotel is well situated in Logrono. This is the second time we have stayed at the hotel and chose it because of its situation on the Pamplona/Vitoria road out of town (so it's easy to find) and the underground car park as we found parking quite problematic in Logrono. The hotel staff are very friendly and they had no problem in changing our room when we noticed the air conditioning unit outside the bathroom had water dripping from it, despite them being busy. It's a maximum 10-minute walk from the hotel to the old town and tapas bars but it's an easy and safe walk. You must visit La Taberna del Tio Blas at the bottom of Called Laurel. They take great pride in explaining the different tapas on offer and their red wines are fab. You must also visit El Cid (in same or next street). They do only mushrooms (setas) with creamed garlic, and cider! Unfortunately they were closed for their holidays on our visit this time but they were one of the reasons for our return visit!

Good place, but nothing outstanding
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were a little short with us, very loud rubbish collectors early in the morning. Free on road parking nearby so charging has much as they do for on site parking was a bit of a rip off.

Good place, but nothing outstanding

Great location but lacking in family friendly rooms

The lack of family rooms and the hotel didn't allow children to sleep in the rooms In addition to the adults which for young children isn't great. Also there were no wheelchair adapted rooms So for people in wheelchairs I wouldn't choose this hotel (there were walk in showers however)

The location of the property was perfect, an easy walk into the centre with lots of choice of restaurants nearby The hotel was clean, rooms were small and there were no balconies but the location made up for this.

Santiago walkers STAY HERE
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was hit and miss. Check in/out staff was unpleasant, staff on duty when my door stopped locking was extremely nice and helpful.

Wow this place is a total great value. It has a hot tub that seems to be just the perfect temp for relaxing after long walks. Dry sauna also available. Location is outstanding as it offers a location next to the river and close enough to stumble back after having your fill of food and drink in the center.

Hotel at Logrono
    • Double or Twin Room

Walking from Hotel to Restaurants and city center felt unsecure during day with the kids. Arrived on Sunday after 16.00 with car. Hotel restaurant closed, Hotel did not have any snacks to offer, Snack machine would be a good addition to the service, as Hotel room bars was empty except for water.

Nice and clean hotelrooms, good beds. Inside parking. Parking straff was very helpfull. Fast checkin. Great for using as basecamp to visit Wine producers/Bodegas.

O.K. hotel, not super welcoming.

Warmer staff and updated room.

Nice hotel. Restaurant at night was not great, just ok. Staff upon arrival was not very welcoming. My room, at the back of the Hotel, was older, not updated, and noise from the kitchen below filtered up to my room. I felt that I was put there because I had booked at a cheaper rate through "Booking.com".

Very good Rioja accommodation
    • Double or Twin Room

A visit to Franco Espanola Bodega (winery) is a must and is in walking distance. The F&G staff were really helpful. The old town and restaurants at Called Laurel are a must. Cool a and vibrant place.

I dont eat meat, eggs, and seafood.
    • Double or Twin Room

That I could not stay longer

I dont eat meat, eggs, and seafood. The chef made adjustments. It was great. The staff is warm and welcoming. I would highly recommend this property

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

A much visited modern and relaxed hotel in Longrono.

Surpried by the bad attitude of the girl in the café on arrival - we were tired and looking forward to a beer and a snack. Customer service skills -10. All the other bars and hotels and cafes we visited in North Spain would gladly serve us and often tell us to sit down and coffees would be brought over etc. She needs a lesson on who is the customer - making us collect food and drinks from the bar and even waving me over to the bar to sign the bill - terrible - that's why we only had one drink and walked somewhere else.

Stayed at the F&G many times, great location and modern hotel. Good breakfast. Check-in staff excellent. Allowed 3 motorbikes into one space in the garage - thank you. Very close to the tapas bars and restaurants in the old town.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Lovely comfortable hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The underground car parking is a bit tricky as you need to use a lift and the access at the bottom is quite tight on exit. They do provide instructions to help you though and staff are also on hand if needed.

Good location and easy to find by car. Very comfortable room/bed, with plenty of space. The spa was a real bonus and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Great value for money

The room smelt strongly of cigarettes when we arrive. Room was tiny and there was barely any space for anything. Individual bed with a very flat and uncomfortable pillow. Female staff was not very friendly. Wifi is only valid for a certain period of time, and has to be asked for in the reception every 2 days when it runs out.

Modern decor with a good location, right next to the river, quiet and comfortable. Bathroom was spacious with a lack of amenities.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

issue resolution disappointing
    • Double or Twin Room

We requested a double bed, but were assigned a twin bed. Staff was unable to provide us with a resolution. Quite frustrating and disappointing to be honest.

Location and design.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Beautiful but impersonal
    • Double or Twin Room

This was my second time staying there and both times the staff was very impersonal and not very friendly. I did not feel welcomed at either time. I felt as if it didn't matter if I was a guest or not.

It is a beautiful hotel and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Very easy to access from the Camino.
    • Double or Twin Room

Dinner and breakfast hours at the hotel did not fit our pilgrim schedule, although we did easily find other options nearby.

Very easy to access from the Camino. Staff was very welcoming and helpful in offering advice on where to eat. Room was clean and quiet. with a large bathroom with tub. Quiet location with an easy walk to tapas area.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

OK room within walking distance from the center
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms on street side are a bit noisy from traffic

Nothing to special really. Just an OK room, withing walking distance of the center. Free on-street parking close by

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Clean and convenient
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

a tea facility in room would be nice. Some of the immediate surrounds had some shady characters loitering, but no real issue.

Good quality room and hotel, and easy to find in good location.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

A good economical hotel well situated for the old city and the rest of Logrono
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel parking was extremely difficult with a car lift delivering you to a floor where even a small car has difficulty manoeuvring. Car parking in Logrono is limited and expensive

Staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

What was good?
    • Double or Twin Room

I stayed here because I had once before while walking the Camino. However, this time it was overpriced, the staff were extremely unfriendly (my lack was Spanish was an 'annoyance'), the so-called 'spa' was a cold-lukewarm Jacuzzi, & the hot water in the shower took 5 mins to eventuate. The staff failed to warn me it was a public holiday when they ordered me a taxi to a department store (€16 tour of the city in the end). The bar's counter food consisted of nothing but white & cured pig meat. Rock hard bed. My first proper complaint about any property on booking.com.

Good location on the corner of the city & by the river.

Lovely basic comfortable room.
    • Spa and Wine Cellar Package - Double or Twin Room

Lovely basic comfortable room.

Good hotel for the Camino.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice hotel with nice rooms. Everything was as it should be. On the Camino as you arrive in town. Extremely convenient!

The location was perfect, just on the river and close to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Found the staff unfriendly and unhelpful

The location was perfect, just on the river and close to restaurants and bars

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Pretty much everything was really good
    • Double or Twin Room

The gym is right next to the spa, so it was like having a workout in a hammam

Pretty much everything was really good

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Awesome
    • Double or Twin Room

there was no friendly welcome no drinks in the room the mini bar was not stocked room was poor

most of it

nothing much!

Great stay in the centre of the Rioja wine region
    • Double or Twin Room

Very good value hotel in the centre of Logrono

Very enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel car park was a nightmare.

Very friendly and helpful staff, and located very close to town.

Great location, coming into town on the Camino.

Great location, coming into town on the Camino. There was a jacuzzi and sauna which was great for the body.

We had fun and were well looked after by the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent dinner. Very complete breakfast. A great selection of breads and buns

Proximity to old town and secure parking

Twin beds only property

Proximity to old town and secure parking

Location was super & breakfast was adequate

Location was super & breakfast was adequate

Location is excellent for walking to the centre (5 mins).
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is excellent for walking to the centre (5 mins).

Our camimo
    • Double or Twin Room

Loved were we stayed location perfect there was a festival on in the city. We had a great time would love to go back and stay again.

Will stay again

Poor wifi

Very good location easy to find bed good shower good aircon

Bed was comfortable and breakfast was good

Staff

Bed was comfortable and breakfast was good

Good place to stay, we were very happy with the hotel.

Male receptionist was a little impatient with our questions but other than that, all good.

Rooms were lovely and clean, great location.

Car park

Well located
    • Double or Twin Room

The restaurant wasn’t open in the evening

Well located

The breakfast buffet was varied and delicious.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast buffet was varied and delicious. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Very good modern and clean hotel right in town.
    • Double or Twin Room

Clean, friendly staff, modern on the Camino and in town

It was what I expected the bathroom was good

It was what I expected the bathroom was good

I would stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location. Nice restaurant. Friendly, helpful staff.

Could have done better.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bar/cafe was very poorly stocked and the staff quite rude.

The room was spacious and clean.

Lovely city,great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location,safe parking,very helpful staff. Loved it.

Very pleasant and convenient for city centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very pleasant and convenient for city centre.

Excellent breakfast.

Excellent breakfast.

An overnight stay en route to the ferry - very comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

The view from our room was not great

Very clean and good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very clean and good location. Underground parking was challenging for me, but the stuff was helpful.

Nice stay in great location, good value!
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds were a little hard

Location, parking, quiet room and staff

• Double or Twin Room

Only water in the mini bar and they charged for it

The communal areas lacked any atmosphere and the cafeteria...
    • Double or Twin Room

The communal areas lacked any atmosphere and the cafeteria was more like a works canteen could be greatly improved

Ok,

The parking is extremely inconvenient

Location and value for money

Location. Location. Location
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location, a modest hotel with just enough to make it reasonably comfortable

Browse F&G Logroño traveller photo gallery