Reviews of Hostal Felipe 2 2 stars

#152 of 281 B&Bs and Inns in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Good for 1 or 2 nights as the property
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It was very loud, no good isolation, I can hear the doors banging and people talking loud in the halls

I like the location, close to restaurants, city center and metro

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

This hostal has a great location.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

There is not a kitchen. It would be great to cook breakfast by ourselves. About cleanliness - more and less. This hostal is good for 1-2 nights.

This hostal has a great location. Staff is great and friendly.

Beautiful building, the wiew from our window was so pretty.

Maybe the bathroom was small, but it didn't bother us at all

Beautiful building, the wiew from our window was so pretty. Very nice staff and comfortable room. Close to the metro station, to a supermarket and with several private parkings in the surroundings. Recommended

Was good

The first night the staff from the sister hostel (martinval) gave our three person room key to another person. So three of us had to share a double room, leaving one person on the floor. The staff of Filipe were great, didn’t charge us the first night. And apologised a lot.

The room was clean and the staff were helpful

The room was big enough and very clean and when we requested...

The doors are a bit thin and you could hear the people outside the room.

The room was big enough and very clean and when we requested a balcony - we got one, which is great!

Clean room, great location
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The building was old and so the windows. We could hear all the noise from the road during the day and the night.

We had everything we needed for the night we stayed in Barcelona! We had a great time. Especially the lady on the reception was extremely helpful and kind, she helped us we anything we might needed, thank you very much!

location is great, but lift is not good

the lift did not work when I checked out so I had to drag my suitcase from the 4th floor!

The location is very close to the Metro and only a few minutes walk to Familia Sagrada

Great place to visit.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms can get very hot, as ours had no outward facing window.

Rooms are small, and the hosel can get busy. Location is great however, and if you book on their own website you can get rooms even cheaper than here.

Room is nice.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room is nice. bathroom is extremely clean. best value for money. The location is superb. Ask the staff for dinner recommendation. and the place they provide is a must go place. 4000 plus good reviews at google maps.

Mrs Mireia was a nice and helpful host and helped us a lot...

Mrs Mireia was a nice and helpful host and helped us a lot during our stay. The location was great and the rooms were very clean with beautiful view of the street. strongly recommended.

Great location only a couple minutes from the metro and the...

Couple cockroaches in our room however it didn’t affect our stay massively, staff were more than happy to help and very apologetic!

Great location only a couple minutes from the metro and the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful

Good location, friendly staff (especially Alvin at the...

The room was quite small, outside noises easily filtered in. The bathroom was very small as well. We had to deal with some mosquitoes too.

Good location, friendly staff (especially Alvin at the reception) who helped us with the parking payment and sightseeing ideas.

Basic but clean and with nice staff

Very noisy road, furniture was very old and ugly - hospitals have better stuff (unbelievable how little care has the management for this place), bathroom was of the 1950's.

Staff extremely good, they called me to tell me I forgot my clothes there. Clean and comfortable beds, close to the tube.

good and nice
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

only stay one night,it is a clean nice room,there is a very big TV which is very suitable to watch football game(my father said)。the balcony is very very nice,it has a beatuful veiw look outside。 the seivce of reception is very friendly,we have a very good talk,it is sincerely and helpful,i am very thanks of that。 the location of the hotel is just 200 meters from metro station,and there are 24hours small shop nearby,which is convenient,too much to talk,very recommend,i will be choose to stay for another day!

room was a good size, good location and value for money.

would have been nice to have tea and coffee making facilities

room was a good size, good location and value for money. Nice to find a fridge in the communal area

Lovely small room in hearth of Barcelona

Really nice small room in old town Barcelona building two blocks from Sagrada Familia with own bathroom. You will love the old school elevator in the building. Bus station for night transport to the BCN airport is just in front of the doors of the building. For this money, I can definitely recommend.

Nice place if you don’t value sleep!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was tiny and very basic which we weren’t expecting from the pictures. We could live with that for the price we paid but the maid ruined our stay! She woke us up every day at around 830 crashing around with her bucket and throwing things against the walls. We were also next to the front door and heard people in and out all day night, sometimes banging to get back in. We would never stay here again because of this, we hardly slept all holiday.

Alvin who worked on the desk was really friendly and helpful. He told us everything we needed to know about the accommodation and the city. The room and bathroom were spotless and cleaned daily. The location was superb, right in the centre of everything.

The room was clean (clean sheets, towels changed almost...
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The room was clean (clean sheets, towels changed almost everyday) and the place was near Sagrada Familia (10-15 min walk distance), metro stations (5 min walk distance), Cathedral of Barcelona (20 min walk distance). We found some very nice places to take breakfast in the morning. Overall, the place was real nice and delivered what it promised.

I liked the staff, because they are very polite and helped...
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The matress was not so good. But it's okay for just one night.

I liked the staff, because they are very polite and helped us a lot. We left our backpack there for free. In our room also had a shower just for us! They offered towels and soap.

The bay window with the white, round table looking up and...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

One should be able to cancell or change reservations, as one can for other hostals and hotels in Barcelona.

The bay window with the white, round table looking up and down the avenida is spectacular!! I loved the old-fashioned lift and the basin in my room.

A cheap option suitable for short stays in Barcelona
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I paid the lowest price and hence, I stayed in the smallest and simplest room which wasn’t very comfortable as there wasn’t any window in the room. And also I could hear the noises coming from the building and reception. But then again, for the price I paid, I felt like it was a good deal. The only negative thing I can say about the hostel was that I booked a non-refundable single-room and then I wanted to change my room to a double room. But this request was not accepted by the hospital since they were fully booked. In this case, I asked them to cancel my booking and refund my money but this wasn’t also accepted by them which was fine since it was a non-refundable booking. But since the hostel is very popular, it could easily sell the room to someone else. ( I tried to cancel my booking in February -1.5 months before my stay) Of course, it was their right not to accept this but I felt like they could’ve helped me with this.

It has a friendly and helpful staff. It is definitely a clean hostel. Its location is not amazing but also not bad. You can easily walk to Sagrada Familia, main streets in Eixample and even to the old town. Nearest metro station is Diagonal where you can go to many places very easily. And also it is close to the Garcia where you can take some regional trains to travel around Barcelona and also to go the airport as well.

The staff is kind.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The air-conditioner was loud and not working properly ( we have luck that the weather was not that cold). Also, our room was on the main Av.Diagonal street and it was a bit noisy some times.

The staff is kind. They have an option for late check-in after 10pm, which is convenient especially when you have a late flight.. The rooms are clean and it is a good deal for this price.

The building itself is very beautiful, the staff of the...

the room was very old and some parts were broken. Also air conditioner didn’t really work.

The building itself is very beautiful, the staff of the hostel was very nice as well

It is good place to stay, especially for this price.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It is good place to stay, especially for this price. Very good location, clean and friendly place. Most of all we loved that we had sink and shower in our room. So you do not need to go to the shared bathroom all the time to wash hand for example.

Great location but a lot of internal noise
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The only complaint was the noise. My room was right next to reception and on the other side of the room was the lift which was really noisy, so noise from both did not make the room peaceful and I found it hard to sleep at night due to the noise from the lift. Not a complaint but a slight issue, at reception when I arrived, they would only accept cash for payment and would not accept credit or debit cards.

Great location, only about 200 metres from the metro station. Close of a number of supermarkets including a Lidl which was only 3 blocks away. The staff were friendly

Good stay for someone who is unpretentious
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The walls are very thin, you can hear everything that happens in the hallway and even on the floor above you, the towels were not changed every day and their smell was not good, the building is very old and so are the rooms

Very friendly staff, Metro station "Verdaguer" only 4 walking minutes distant and not far from the Sagrada Familia or other sights, sink in the room, option to leave luggage in the hotel before departing, common room with computers, a fridge, etc.

We spent time in the winter but enjoyed a lot. The weather was the best.

We spent only the night at the hostal but the only think we did not like was the bad smell from the bathroom`s drain.

The location is very good we walked to places from the hostal Felipe 2. For winter it was great I would choose something different for summer.

There're different cities, big and smal, great and ruined, and there's Barcelona, the Ultimate City!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There was NO KETTLE in the room!!!!! Besides the window looked out on an always dark atrium which looked like an elevator shaft - it didn't provide any daylight. The room was very tiny.

BON DIA! Extremely helpful staff, especially the lady, her name is Mirella, if I am correct, she was very caring, friendly and really interested in me as a guest and my stay in Barcelona. (Great thanx :) ) The hostel is conveniently situated, there's a metro station nearby (Verdaguer, exit Carrer de Bailèn), there're some supermarkets with cheap grub like Carrefour and Lidl, there are cafes and bars. Sagrada Familia Church is a 10- minute walk away. The room was quiet and cleaned daily, clean towels provided. The bed was very comfortable. The shared bathroom was also very clean. Summing up, ideal if you come to Barcelona to visit and hang out at its landmark places and venues.

After we checked out, the hostel let us leave the bags behind because we were flying to Malaga. We
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Our room is a bit noisy to be honest because of the traffic. I guess it's inevitable. The mattress is too soft for me.

Good location, close to different stores. The hostel offers drinking water, which I appreciate.

Location / Staff / Cleaniness / Value for money
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Heating isn't that good. AC exists in the room but the air becomes difficult to breathe in winter. If you open the window you catch a cold. I did that and stayed one week in bed after I returned.

Location / Staff / Cleaniness / Value for money

Complete and Utter lack of professionalism in what otherwise was fine accomadation
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

COMPLETE LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM AFTERWARDS! The room was about a meter bigger than the bed on either side which was a bit restrictive if you have baggage. I was also not happy that we got into Barcelona later than expected and they didn't tell us it was too late for their hostel (specificially telling me they'd still be there) when we called them to let us know we would be later than expected. It had been some time since I made the reservation and didn't remember the different procedure for a later check-out. I am disturbed by their behavior after our stay though. I mentioned the problems checking in in my earlier review. After posting the review they called me four times in a row until I picked up (I had been working but assumed it was an emergency at that point). They then argued with me about my review, telling me it was my fault and they didn't have to tell me in the phone call. I said goodbye quickly and hung up in frustration. They then found me on a social media platform and contacted me through personal channels to berate me. This was completely inappropriate and a violation of privacy expectations even if I had done worse, much less made a comment that didn't even effect their review score. BEWARE!

It was very convenient if you like Gaudi archetecture in Barcelona. It was also an easy walk to the old city. Other than that, it was basic but worked very well. It was nice they had heating that worked and the sink in the room.

The room was ok for the price, and the location is excellent.

The door of the room didn't close well and since the room was right next to the reception I was woken up many times by people talking

The room was ok for the price, and the location is excellent. The metro is nearby with straight line to city center and the beach.

It was near tourist attractions and shopping districts.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The lift in the building was a little hard to operate and if other occupants in the building fails to close it properly, it will not operate. Might be a problem if you have alot of baggages with you.

It was near tourist attractions and shopping districts. The rooms are cleaned everyday by staff.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was tiny and stuffy with no windows and smelly aircon the bed was tiny and i felt as though me and my partner both couldn’t be standing at once.

Good location Shared bathroom was neat and tidy

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Images were misleading! Room was so small the door does not fully open due to the bed, the walls were so thin we could hear all conversations around us, not to mention the sound of the water pipes whenever some one washes his/her hands or flushes the sound was very loud! Very disappointing!

Great Location!

Wireless is ok

Friendly and helpful staff, clean and close to main attractions. Confortable beds but the pillows were to hard for me. The old lift its an attractive! Try to get a room with a balcony.

It's ok
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I felt like I over payed to the hostel and it's far away from the city Center like 20min by two different metros.

The hostel is really clean specially the bathroom I really liked that about the hostel, and the staff is very friendly and helpful ☺️

The female receptionist is awesome.

Nothing special.

The female receptionist is awesome. She is friendly, kindness and thoughtful. She made my trip so pleased. I respect her. This property is located very accessible area. You can reach to Sagrada Familia/Passeig de Gràcia which has Casa Mila & Casa Batllo when you turn the left/right at the road of front and go straight.

Excellent location and reasonable price for Barcelona.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There were no little things like plates, spoons, knife and forks. Hostel should have all of this. Also no kettle to make tea or coffee so you have to go out if you want to drink or eat.

Excellent location and hostel that has private rooms.

Good quality simple room which is great value in super location for a stay in Barcelona.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It didn't affect me, but the reception desk closes at 22.00. So if you're arriving late you need to arrange ahead, or if you need some help then you need to call an emergency number. The staff at reception are very helpful.

Great location, just around the corner from nearby metro station, about an hour from airport and 10-15 mins to Plaza Catalonia where you can get the airport bus to the airport (25mins). Easy walking to plenty of nice cafes and restaurants and popular tourist areas like gothic quarter or Sagrada Familia.

A shock
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff, the customer service and how poor is their effectiveness managing real problems. Not recommended at all. You can find other hostels nearby and for sure they will be more legal and safer to stay.

Comfortable beds. Great location

Basic good value
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

At busy times the shared bathroom can be a problem. Pay attention to the signs warning you to take care of your belongings in Barcelona - I was pickpocketed on the first day (nothing to do with the hostel though, which seems safe enough).

Very good value for a short stay, central with easy access to transport. Basic but clean. Helpful staff.

The location is great.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The building is a little old, the room was a little tight. It all looked more attractive in the pictures. And the price was a little high.

The location is great. The room had a nice balcony and the shower worked well. The staff was very nice and helpful. There's a place to leave your baggage without extra charge.

Location is great, close to metro station and to the city...
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

There is no kitchen in hostel. No knifes, no forks, no teapot. Room is extremely small and sink is in the room, not in bathroom (bathroom is very small also). Balcony which was on photos and because of which we decided to book the room here was in common space or in another room. In our room was small ordinary balcony. Even when it's closed, it was still noisy from outside.

Location is great, close to metro station and to the city center. There is air conditioner and small fridge in the room. Also in the building there is wonderful elevator.

Basic, clean room in an excellent location.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The only real issue we had was the lift, which is shared with the other floors within the building, being down for a few days of our stay. There were also some noises coming from our air conditioning unit during the night as well, which was distracting while we were sleeping. But both of these are minor details and they didn't effect us that much on the whole.

When we arrived, the staff member was very helpful in showing us the major tourist attractions of the city as well as metro lines etc. The room was basic but clean and the beds were comfortable. We had a shower and sink in our room and there was always warm water when we used it. We had access to the shared toilet and it too was very clean. There were no major noise issues at night. The hostel is located close to several metro stops, a 10 min walk to Sagrada Familia and within a 25 min walk of the centre so I was very happy with location. There were a few restaurants close by as well and although we didn't eat in them they all looked pretty good. All in all, the room was ideal for what we needed and is situated in an excellent area.

Great location, great price. Friendly staff.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was really small.

Great location. Good price compared to what hotels/hostels were averaging per night. Short walking distance to the nearest metro. About a 12 min walk to La Sagrada Familia. The staff was super friendly at check in and check out. The room was clean, with AC that kept the room really cool, a TV, individual shower and sink and they provided towels for free.

Good for backpackers, younger travellers
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Bathroom was quite basic - with unfriendly notice saying nothing should be flushed down the toilet because of a small motor, and that the toilet would be checked on our departure. The lift wasn't working when we arrived - it was a long walk up four flights of steps with luggage. Although elegant and very atmospheric, the ground floor reception was dark and there was little sign that this was the right address, or much indication of what floor to go to. We weren't sure we had the right building at all. It would have been quite scary arriving at night, especially with small children.

Very friendly and helpful lady on reception. It's bright and cheerful with a nice view from our spacious room.

Price/Performance index is greatly satisfying for lone travellers.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The location of the hotel is a bit hard to find. If you can, definitely use a GPS!!

The location is very central and there are a lot of good places to east nearby!

Good place, reasonable location, lovely staff.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

No safe in the bedroom for belongings. Bedroom was very compact ! (Three bed shared bathroom)

Water cooling machine for all to use was great. And use of a shared fridge. Towels were provided. Despite booking a shared bathroom room, our room actually had a sink and shower in the corner so only had to share toilet. I would come back here again.

Best room for three
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

You have to buy your own shampoo/ shower gel

Very good location, sweet and very helpful staff, nice room with tv + private bathroom and a beautiful little balcony with a view on mallorca street. We had alot of fun.

Great location and staff but noise levels affect the comfort
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

the walls are very thin and can hear people waling up and down the stairs and the constant slamming of doors even throughout the night

location couldn't be better and everyone is very friendly. Nice facilities in the room too

Very good location close to Sagrada Familia.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Some rooms are much better than other rooms for the same price.

Very good location close to Sagrada Familia. Friendly staff and reasonable value for money.

Bed was comfortable, great location, there was an available...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The main reason I would probably not stay here again is the noise. Even on a weekday it felt like I was staying at a hostel, you can hear conversations from people in the hall and every single person coming in at night. Would therefore not recommend it for a business trip and feel there are probably other options with better value for money. There is only one bathroom in each floor (and the toilet and shower are in the same room) so sometimes you had to wait. Handwash but no other amenities. Elevator doors need to be well shut by people leaving it in order to work so it sometimes did not. My room was really small and did not have an outside window but for one day this was not really a problem for me.

Bed was comfortable, great location, there was an available fridge where you could store your own food. Felt safe. Towels were included. Given the excepcionally warm weather, air conditioning was awesome. The bathrooms were very clean and staff were nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

A cheap room without a real window for a price of a normal room (but close to sights in Barcelona)

It's not a room - it's a doghouse. Small, with a window leading to nothing (some wall and window of the room next to ours), can't open shutters at all - only open window (and smell garbage on the first flour) or live without any daylight. A lock on the door is as simple as it could be, and "do not enter" sign looks like somebody chewed it, and it can't even hang straight. And don't believe photos - they aren't look so good if you have no daylight in your room 24\7.

Good wi-fi, nice old building with vintage lift.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Not worth it
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Definitly too expensive if you see the rooms. Family room turned out to have just three single beds. I clearly remembered it said one double bed plus one single bed while I booked. Super tiny bathroom. Feels like a cheap motel.

Location is an advantage. Staff are very nice and helpful. But it still doesn't change the fact that they are overcharging for such a room.

An Okay Hostal Good Location & Very Close to Metro & Bus Station
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

We had a triple room for 3 adults with only 1 key into the building and to the room which led to limitation especially after 10 pm when the front desk closed.

Friendly and very helpful staff

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The facilities were very clean and bright.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Single room provided no view. There were no bathroom amenities provided such as a simple bar of bath soap. A few simple added touches could make a big difference.

The facilities were very clean and bright.The location was good the room and bathroom were very basic but clean. The common areas were bright and provided a nice view. A coffee machine would have been a nice addition. The stff were pleasent and helpful.

The location is minutes from Sagrada Familia and not a far...
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

We found a dead roach, but other than that was fine.

The location is minutes from Sagrada Familia and not a far walk from la rambla and paseig de gracia. The receptionist was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Nice place for sightseeing
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff: She was very helpful and gave us reccomendation for restaurant & bar. We could enjoy staying in Barcelona. Place: Very accessible to Sagurada Familia and Casa Mila and Casa Batlio. There are nice restaurant around the hostel and subway station. In total, active outside traveler fits this hostel in terms of accessibility and hospitality. room was not spacious but for that kind of people, it is tottaly ok!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Small but cosy.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The exhaust fan in the bathroom was not working!

Very close to La Familia and Gaudi's houses and park. Quiet location, small but cosy! We walked everywhere.

Nice place near of attractions
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There is not kitchen facilities like a kettle or a microwave or a freezer

The location is perfect. It is just 300 m from a metro station and 50 a bus stop. The staff is . welcoming and helpful there are a lot of attractions in a walking distance

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Clean, low cost option, in a good location, with everything nearby or easily accessible.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My single room did smell a bit musty, due in part to the age of the building perhaps or possibly the basin in my room which drained very slowly, indicative of a possible drainage issue, maybe somewhere in the three floors below.( There is a lift ) Not a deal breaker for me though as I was out and about most of the time, and there was a big window to open if desired.

A few minutes walk to the metro station, clean, low cost option in a historical building. 15 minute walk to Sagrida de Familia. Bars , shops and restaurants on the doorstep. Las Ramblas area a couple of metro stops away, or walk it in 30mins taking in a couple of Gaudi buildings and more on the way. The beach is also easily accessible by metro in around 40 mins.

Clean, value for money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room 4B was close to old fashioned lift which was quite noisy at times. Room was very compact (3 x 2 meters)

Serious organised staff, clean shared bath with good shower, A/C if needed, good wifi signal.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The bed was soft and comfy but the room is not nice old and...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No good sign to look for the place.. The place is spooky and very old.. Paint in the room are cracking and falling.. Rustay windows..

The bed was soft and comfy but the room is not nice old and the paint are falling off.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Good location, rest disaster
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff there was polite but no extra care, definitely didn't go an extra mile. Our room was terrible, maybe we were just unlucky but a room without a window should definitely not be standard especially if you cannot see this kind of risk from pictures. Photos are absolutely irrelevant, the rooms look much better on pictures. There was a sink in the room but would be better without. Such a disgusting smell coming out of there I haven't smell for long time.

Hostal Felipe II has pretty good location but that's it.

Me encanté
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

After 10 they really pay attention to keep silence, that ensures that you can have a calm rest, but this aspect make the hostel less attractive for a louder group.

Charming personell, comfortable and clean room, good location (restaurants, bakery, groccery store in 1 minute, metro station in 3 minutes), excellent price/value ratio made it a prefect choice.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Good but expensive

When we got there we realized that the hostel is on 3rd floor in a flat building,nothing bad about that except there is no sign about that till u don't get in the lift ( could be added on the front door or something) the room had a window that had the shutters blocked so if u want any light to come in you need to open the window and then the smell of food (not always nice) hits you.

Staff verry friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

As there is no one in the reception 24 hours, on my last...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

As there is no one in the reception 24 hours, on my last night I couldn't sleep because there was a group of people from the hostel doing a lot of noise until 3 am.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Tiny double room but with good location
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

1) Really tiny room even for small-sized Asian girls like us 2) The noice proof was not that good. One could hear every person walking pass 3) Tha heater works a little strange, off and on without regular basis and felt somewhat suffocated. So instead we chose not to turn it on and wear more when sleeping

1) Fast wifi 2) convenient location: near 3 tram stations and main attractions like Sagrada Familia and Casa Mira

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Great value for money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The hostal offers great value for money. Probably some spaces need renovation, but for this price you can't ask more

Close to the city centre, nice staff

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Much more better than expected!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Sound isolation could be better.

Shared bathroom was always clean, wifi good, staff very open and eager to help, location perfect to reach main sightseeing, no problems using elevator, fresh towel every day.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Smelly bathroom :(

We stayed here for only one night. The location was great, but the hostel itself was a bit odd. Laid out over different floors and no kitchen. Our room had its own bathroom, but the smell from.the drain was so bad I really couldn't use it and used the common one instead. The room and bathroom was clean except for the smell. The Romanian man at the desk was very friendly and helpful. The view from the balcony was lovely. Parking was either in a nearby garage or on street, not cheap though!

Location and balcony

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Very nice budget accomadation in amazing location
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very nice place, especially for price, smallish rooms, could have used a kitchenette.

Location was amazing, right in the center of Barcelona, wonderful budget accommodation.

Nice hostel in a very nice location!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room I used was not so big.. but enough for sleeping and resting!

Great location, close to the metro station, the hostel is clean and gives you all you need! This hostel is very good for this price!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Sincerely recommend this valuable hotel

The reception closes at 10pm which is not convenient for customers

Clean room Powerful shower Friendly and helpful stuff Nice location Comfortable bed

Browse Hostal Felipe 2 traveller photo gallery