Reviews of ALEGRIA Fenals Mar 3 stars

Domenech Carles, s/n, 17310 Lloret de Mar, Spain

#14 of 73 hotels in Lloret de Mar

6.2

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

We loved the location and the hotel.

We loved the location and the hotel. The only downfall was the food. We had free breakfast it was appalling, there was flies everywhere. That was the only downfall

We loved the location and the hotel. It's very capturing and the reception is very bright. Most staff were friendly and nuce

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Great value and quality

Maybe it's not common in spain so I cannot judge, but we find it strange not having some paper slippers to walk on the ground.

Everything was perfect, amazing location, confortable bed, very happy to be there even if it was for a single night !

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

It is one of cheapest hotels in The city, very good location.

Food. All 8 days it was the Katastrophe. Breakfast- day by day the same, pure and not tasty. Dinner: from 10-12 dishes only one - two was tasty.

It is one of cheapest hotels in The city, very good location. For this price-the best choice.

Very nice place would stay again nice little town round about not to far from Lloret de Mar

I think everything was good for what you payed for cheap deal for us for 4 days all inclusive so for three of us was under £300 so nothing bad to say about this place could add a few more cocktails to the menu

Good hotel good value for money I definitely give back, we where there as a group, rooms are a little bit small but very clean friendly staff we where there for 4 days

Close to the beach

Difficult to find a parking in surroundings. Breakfast coffee is terrible. Que to oder the breakfast omelette, since only one man serving pancakes and omelettes. All the lobby area is white- walls, tiles, furniture. we had a feeling of being in hospital, on the other side- you can value the cleanliness :).

Close to the beach. Recently renovated.

The hotel was near enough for access to busy bars/restaurants but far away enough for a quiet stay

They could use some sun umbrellas around the pool area... and maybe a net covering under the tree near the pool as the pine cones dropped out of the trees where you sunbathed...

Breakfast had something for everyone and was tasty... Games around the pool were entertaining... Rooms and bedding were really clean too..

The food was quite diverse and tasty.

The room had no mini-fridge. Keeping drinks/water cold on a hot summer is a must. The vending machine in the lobby was broken, but they added a note a few days later so I ended up donating 1 euro to someone.

The food was quite diverse and tasty. Hotel is close to the beach. The room was cleaned regularly. The pool and the outdoor area look nice. It's about 10-15 min walk to get to Lloret's center but the perks of this location is that drinks are much cheaper in the bars around the hotel.

Great Holiday

The pool was dirty because of Trees ,the water wasn't clean every day and coffe on machines was not tasty at all on the morning breakfast, very loud between rooms i can hear how neighbours taking shower or.ect

The hotel was very tidy, rooms in special , every day was shine in my room , amazing view outside near pool on nights..close to sea..

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great location - 5 min to the Fenals beach, very friendly...

Great location - 5 min to the Fenals beach, very friendly and helping staff. Will recommend definitely! If you go by the bus from the main Lloret de Mar autobus station, there is the 11 line from there and the station is right behind the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Nice stuff, helpful when we ask for the air conditioning to...

AC broken in the room at our arrival. Really noisy room, zero isolation from neighbours rooms and corridor, you hear everything what is happening around. No do not disturb card for the door, and when we ask for one, they said there is no more left, so woken up by cleaning lady each morning. Pool is really crowded during daytime with people and they mattresses. If you search for a good rest it's not the place.

Nice stuff, helpful when we ask for the air conditioning to be repaired. Beach really close.

The hotel is beautifully built with grandeur entrance.

I was surprised that the room we stayed in, lacks basic tea bags and a kettle.

The hotel is beautifully built with grandeur entrance. Friendly staffs. Good breakfast. The beddings are changed everyday.

Nice hotel, helpfull staff. Clean and good place for stay.

I stayed in a very nice room, with a sea view. Everyday my room was cleaned, and comfortable. Also pretty big balcony. Although, the food wasn’t bery good, and they did bot have a big selection of food. The last three days before my flight i received email , that they had a problem with rooms and as a compensation they are moving me to another hotel. I was very dissapointed, this must be told at least a week before holiday but not the last minute.The reason was they were overbooked. This is not acceptable either, as I booked the holiday a half year ago. When I went they told me that I’m staying in. In general everything was good, but prepare for “surprises” as I would say it needs to take more responsibility with bookings, and “work” a bit more on management to sort the things properly. Also, was a bit noisy , too much kids running around, and people wasn’t very polite.

Ok if you want a cheap base and are happy to eat poor food for the duration of your holiday.

The walls are paper thin, you can hear people talking etc next door. Very noisy when next door flush the toilet and run water. Food...very basic to say the least. Breakfast not too bad, lunch not too bad but the evening meals were terrible. Poor cuts of meat & fish which you have to wait to be cooked. Prepared food was Luke warm. Bread left out all the time going stale. Beef burgers were the main meat on one evening that were still pink when cooked. Fajitas one night with chicken strips still with skin on and very poor cuts. Adults were eating chicken nuggets as that was the best thing on to eat but Luke warm. Cheap all inclusive drinks...Diet Coke had a supplement and was not included. On the plus side you could pay a supplement to have a branded drink. Entertainment poor....Dj nights, consisted of one of the staff playing some music from the computer. Bingo night, terrible. Spanish dancing and a singer was good but the lighting up full which meant there was no atmosphere spoiled what could have been much better. No much space by the pool, sunloungers filled up quickly so you have to be quick. Beware...rooms are small and if you want extra beds there will be almost no room to move about. One couple paid extra for a quad room only to find it’s the same size room as all the rest it’s just that they squeeze all the beds in next to each other.

Modern, clean and close to the beach. Good location close to Fenals beach. Good parking on the roadside next to the hotel. 15 mins walk into Lloret de Mar.

Location, price, free on street parking.

The breakfast was one of the worse ever! Buffet style but very low quality of everything, instant coffee from fake beans coffee deposit. The sausages very poor and awful taste.

Location, price, free on street parking.

Amazing value for the price in excellent location
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Terrible coffee for breakfast from vending machines.

Staff was friendly and helpful, we even got cup of normal espresso from the bar free of charge with breakfast - that made my day! Great food selection both at breakfast and dinner. Lounge around the pool is really great looking, we liked lamp decorations so much :) The hotel is just steps away from Fenals beach, which is better than Lloret beach.

Great hotel, lovely area.

Pool is small, but clean. On a girlie weekend this hotel was great. Wouldn't take my kids here though.

Property was great. Lovely area, quieter than Lorett de Mar. Which is approx 15 min walk away.

Our short Spanish getaway!

On arrival at the property we were greeted by the receptions which informed them that we did not have any booking at the hotel. We did not know what to do since the hotel had already authorized to take money from our card, meaning that the hotel was already paid for. The Receptionist was not willing to dig deeper to look into our booking, until after being very patient and directing her were to search they finally managed to find our 2 rooms for ourselves and our friends.

Hotel was located in an excellent location, with the bus terminus being 2 seconds away from the property. The buffet was excellent and even the drinks, the only thing we did not like was the soup (tasteless) rooms were ok, nothing fancy but were very clean and we cannot really complain. I think they were under going some refurbishments being that it is off season for them. Plenty of music and dancing was going on, which we really enjoyed. Over all a very pleasant stay, which is very well connected.

Excellent staff and location.
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Room decor was a little outdated, and a leak from the ceiling in the bathroom, but overall good.

The staff were brilliant, always happy to help, the food was good and the location was excellent.

Amazing choice for its price but food needs improving.

The food could do with improvement. The breakfast option is very nice, but the lunch and dinner food is generally quite cold and doesn't offer too much choice- there is a lot of salads available and some choice of normal dinner options available but it is just a bit too little. I would rate food options for lunch and dinner for 3/5. Also all the staff in the hotel were very nice, but most of the restaurant staff just didn't make too good impresson on me- they don't smile too much and grab your plates off the table straight after you just had your last bite which I didn't like. Also there is no internet available even for additional charge anywhere else than in the bar and lounge area.

The hotel makes a very good impression- very clean, must have been lately modernised as it just looks quite luxurious and staff is very professional at the reception. The bar staff, room cleaning ladies and entertainment guy are very nice and do their job very well. The hotel has some entertainment programme which is good, the pool is clean and there is a lot of space to seat outside (and it also looks quite fancy, with all the white sofas and umbrellas). Very good hotel and definitely worth its price. It is also located in a very nice, beautiful and quiet area away from the centre of LLoret De Mar. Free internet available in some areas (not in the room though).

a real pleasure

nothing it was so nice

stay at this hotel when it was the savoy but is so much better now a real pleasure to stay at will return for sure and thank the staff for being so good

it was ok

The bar staff great The guy on entertainment worked so hard and was there from morning till night - unfortunately the music was turned off at 11 due to local residents :( The location was good The beach was good

The food was terrible and they ran out several times. They also ran out of certain alcohol as there was a large party of lads and they only allocate a certain amount per day- so they drank it all and the rest of us could not have one :( The entertainment was average but music had to be off by 11 due local residents

So good that I plan to come back again

After praising Alegria extensively I must say that WiFi situation is not up to standards of 2017. We all use internet throughout the day and to have access to internet only in the lobby and not in the rooms is more 2007. This should be upgraded asap.

Hotel Alegria was better than I expected. Before my travel I did an extensive Google research about hotels in Lloret de Mar and Alegria came out as a best budget choice. So I went on and booked an All inclusive stay. Upon arrival I was very glad to see that my choice proved to be a good one. Hotel was renovated and it looked spot on. Staff at reception spoke English very well and was very helpful throughout our stay. Also bar staff and kitchen staff did their best to accommodate us every day so I have only praise for the entire staff. Not to forget the cleaning staff who made sure that the room was impeccable every day and Happy Team animation who worked throughout the day to entertain the guests. The meals were delicious and plentiful. There were so many different tasty dishes, salads, sweets and fruit served every day that I looked forward to the next meal :) Kudos to the chef! As for the location, it is perfect for families and people who like it quite after 11pm. The beautiful Fenal beach is almost in front of the hotel, so close. If you're not a beach person there is a clean, welcoming pool awaiting you. The city centre/beach where all the partying is going on is just 10 minutes of relaxed walk away. All in all, Alegria is an above average 3 star hotel which I recommend wholeheartedly ...

Very close to the beach!

Meals are of good quality, but comparing to other hotels of Lloret are less interesting and authentic. Sometimes fish, rarely paella. In the room where I lived was impossible to sleep at night withoud ear plugs because of the sound of canalisation and falling water from the upper floor bathrooms. Every time the neighbours from the room next to mine or above used toilet or shower - I heard everything. But with earplugs - everything was good. I understand, the hotel is not new and isolation doesn't work properly.

Old fashioned, a bit renovated hotel very close to the beach - only 3-5 min walk. Bus station Fenals is approx. 15-20 min away up the the street. Hotell staff is very friendly.

Pleasant stay at a budget accommodation with beautiful location.

If you are vegetarian or vegan don't take full board, the food is mostly for meat eaters. Rooms are tiny.

We loved the location of the hotel, it is close to the local beach and shops, and quiet at night. Good choice for those who like hiking. View from our room was beautiful. Staff members were ready to help. They are dog-friendly property too. Good value for money overall.

I did not get help from staff, was poor

Not help from reception, specially from old guy work at récitions :(

I did not get help from staff, was poor I asked for changing room as my bad was broken it's not good for my back and I did not get help, bed was not fit in frame of bed so I have not sleep proply

Go for it if look for a party time!
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The noise from other rooms and corridor. We could hear all, especially uncomfortable in early morning hours, when some still sleep, like children. I didn't like that guest's children were trying food from buffet and throwing it back there. Also for a departure we received non-veg food although veg was booked.

We liked the location, sitting space outside the hotel. Simple but nice pool. Buffet nice but difficult for vegetarians to get fair choice. We liked staff working in the buffet, very nice and friendly people.

Best place to stay in Lloret:)

NOTHING

Perfect location (quiet part of Lloret...but only 12 mins walk to bars and clubs:) Beautiful sea views. Lovely breakfast. Amazing pancakes:) Good pool. 2 min walk to lovely Fenals Beach... Rooms are cleaned regularly and all hotel looks spotless... Nice and helpful staff. Great bar staff. Great value for money. Cant wait to be back:) Thank you all in Alegria Fenals Mar for a lovely stay:) xn

Perfect location

Walls were thin but staff asked to keep noise down after certain time. Food can be improved, but nothing critical (given it's 3 star hotel). You will have some fruits (usually 3-4 types), some fried fish and meat (2-3 types), vegetable buffet, other hot dishes (stew, pizza, paellia, etc.)

The location is perfect. Very helpful staff. One of the best beaches in the region (Fenals - less than 5 minutes). Nice swimming pool. Peaceful location (rare case in Lloret de Mar). Good view from the room (hills with pines and villas). You also have bus station in 10-15 minutes on foot. So, it is easy to get to Barcelona, Girona, Figueres, Tossa, or airports. Plus in the very beginning of America Avenue (5-10 minutes) you may find bus stop for Gardens & Beaches (hop-on & hop-off tour to get to Marimurtra and St. Clotilde gardens, as well as St. Cristina and Treumal beaches).

Alegria short stay

Food very basic not hot by time we ate it,it was cold think due to air-conditioning being on ,not a lot of choice either,plus side breakfast good but still on cold side by time you are it.

Location, cleanliness,staff friendly.

Value for the money with the best beach location in Lloret
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Wifi is VERY slow. The beds are not the comfiest & they have only twin beds

Breakfast included Very close to the best beach in Lloret! The rooms are cleaned daily. Quiet. Great value for the price Great pool zone

Friendly and helpful staff.

Wifi not available in the rooms. Breakfast and meals with lots of variety but poor quality.

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms and nice views. Pool though not big but cleaned daily and well kept.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

I want come back

It’s was great

Pleasant stay

Food was not very hot

Staff location garden area

Great value for money.

Sound insulation in the rooms is very poor.

Great value for money. Perfect location, nice terrace outside. Breakfast could be better.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Very nice staff, super helpful, friendly.

Paper thin walls, very noisy, bring earplugs. Internet keeps disconnecting

Very nice staff, super helpful, friendly. Excellent location

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

I will return next yearn

Handles for disabled in the bathroom

The reception staff were brilliant xx

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Close to the beach, the hotel is fresh, clean.

sound isolation; catastrophe

Close to the beach, the hotel is fresh, clean. Responsive and kindly reception staff

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Friendly staff, clean room, close to the beach

Room a wee bit small

Friendly staff, clean room, close to the beach

Great location and overall good value for money.

One could hear noise coming from other rooms, not clean glasses at meals. Service was very slow.

Great location and overall good value for money.

Everything was great.

Everything was great. Great location, very clean. Best value for your money.

good location staff excellent nice pool area

good location staff excellent nice pool area

Great location 1 minute walk to the beach

A bar fridge and a kettle would be nice.

So close to the beach.. and nice room with a balcony.

All ok

All ok

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Perfect location, amazingly friendly staff

Only one problem is you could hear how people use a toilet during the night))

Reception/concierge was a lovely human who reccomended a...

Reception/concierge was a lovely human who reccomended a great place to eat and directions to playa as boadella. Made our stay!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Everything was perfect!

Everything was perfect!

Great location, very clean, nice staff, good breakfast

Great location, very clean, nice staff, good breakfast

Nice room with comfy bed

Cleaners coming round a little early on a morning

Nice room with comfy bed

Poor food. Plaster walls (not sound proof)

Great location. Beautiful hotel.

Perfect

Pool too small for amount of guests

Clean,friendly staff,helped with enquiries.

Really good, calm and cozy place for holiday.

Really good, calm and cozy place for holiday.

Good value

Small rooms tiny bed

Everything elae

Was good. we booked v. Cheap room a night be fore.

Food :-(

Brekfast wasn't what i expected

Ok

Smell

Ok

Drunk

Very nice

pleasent

Thin walls.

Helpful staff...lovely area near beach

Wonderful

Bigger kidroom wanted, free safebox

Friendly staff, tasty food

Nice short break.

Very quiet resort, hotel not quiet though, especially around the pool during the day.

Location. Close to beach.

It was OK

the bacon, the sausage, cold baked beans

Spotless hotel, great staff, poor food.

We were all inclusive, never had a hot meal, not a great choice.

The hotel is spotless

Excellent value for mone

Food a bit repetitive

Very clean,lovely friendly staff, great location,gorgeous balcony view and beautiful Sun terrace at front of hotel

Well located, clean, with beautiful garden beside the pool.
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Well located, clean, with beautiful garden beside the pool.

Best choice near Fenals beach in Lloret de Mar

Clean hotel & kindly staff

WOW

Thin walls

Sex

Lovely Hotel

Lovely Hotel

Breakaway in the sun

Size of pool lack of sunbeds, lack of staff at bar. Entertainment. Food - cold, poor choice repetative looked warmed up !!

Cleanliness and location

Good offer for this price

- walls are made from paper

+ very good food + all inclusive bar serves everything needed

Not recommended.

Very very noisy.Bad smell in the room from toilet. Breakfast worse then average.Tiny room, almost claustrophobic. Will not stay again.

Location very good.

No Wi-Fi in the rooms.

Location very good.

Weekend stay in Fenals Beach.

Breakfast was terrible. Very slow at replenishing breakfast items and cleaning the tables.

Location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

It was clean and bright.

Walls were little thin but there were no issues as staff asked ppl to keep noise down after certain time.

It was clean and bright.

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse ALEGRIA Fenals Mar traveller photo gallery