Reviews of Fira Congress 4 stars

Calle de José Agustín Goytisolo, 9-11, 08908 Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain

#26 of 55 hotels in Hospitalet de Llobregat

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

The location is excellent for being quite close to the city centre without having the business of the city. There is a good shopping centre close by with a good choice of restaurants.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Lack of storage space.not enough hangars.

Comfortable clean room.good breakfast.good value for money.shuttle service to airport.nice bar and restaurant.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

We had a water pressure problem and I hoped I could close the door while taking a shower because it could be hotter inside and not humidity outside in the room!

We stayed there only one night to go to airport soon in the morning. Staff were friendly and kind, rooms were very comfortable and clean. We stayed at the last floor of hotel (9) and the view of the city was amazing! Free airport shuttle took us on time and we didn’t worry about arriving to our flight!

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

I enjoyed every minute of my stay at Fira Congress Hotel. I asked them in advance for a shuttle buss from and to the airport and this made my trip very easy. Thank you and see you next time :)

The bar was clsed at 01:00 o’clock :-). Hihi

Staff friendly. Great bed. Very comfy pillows. Very nice room. Clean. Quiet. Good price thru booking.com.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Interesting room with bathroom not separated, toillets not good closed. smell from shower, maybe not good canalization.

Perfect location with connection to Metro. Good restaurants to eat and shops nearby. Very nice personal

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

A bit of noise from rooms next to us.

From start to finish booking and our stay was easy and stress free - the hotel and staff met all of our expectations and needs and was great value for money! We needed an early airport shuttle and this was booked with ease at the desk - would definitely recommend!

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

The beds were hard and covers are thin, and despite turning the heat all the way up the room was never warm enough. I had a hard time sleeping because of the chill. Also, they use an air freshener in the rooms and it's very strong and overpowering. I could see it triggering a reaction in someone with respiratory issues or chemical sensitivities.

The modern design of the hotel was nice, especially the huge (panoramic) window in the room. The lighting was interesting and it takes a little bit of time to figure out how to operate. Loved the large tiled shower and despite the open concept, it was still private (thanks to the bamboo decoration and electric blind). We used a taxi to get downtown on a Saturday for about 15 Euro, though a metro station is nearby. Front desk staff were pleasant. The shuttle driver patiently waited for us at the airport while we tried to figure out where it was parked (Barcelona airport is convoluted and signage is poor). Generous amount of personal care products provided in the room (razor + shaving cream, toothbrush + toothpaste, shower gel, etc.)

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

I have used this hotel regularly because it is close to the airport and the shuttle service they provide. However, generally the standard of service and bathroom toiletries have been declining.

The location and shuttle service.

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

The gym experience unfortunately underwhelming: needs focus!

The Hotel is perfectly situated for anyone attending an exhibition at the Gran via Fira. Literally a 5 minute stroll. The views from the bedrooms across to the Olympic Village et al are photogenic. The accommodation comfortable and the staff pleasant.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

An excellent choice for those wishing to stay close the Barcelona airport. Clean, modern, comfortable. Great food for reasonable $ in the main restaurant.

The location; we wanted to be close to the port to board a cruise the next day, but it wasn't easy, had to take a detour. Was probably my own fault, as I hadn't specified.

Friendly staff, felt welcome. Too many lights in the bedroom

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Beds were not all that comfortable

Convenient location for stop over and close to shopping centre Excellent coffee and breakfast buffet We arrived well before normal check in time but room ready for a hot shower and rest. Much appreciated!

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

The bed was somewhat uncomfortable - mattresses feel like old ones. Very small and low pillows without the choice for others in the room.

Very friendly Stuff, which accommodated my wish for a kingsize bed thus changing the room right away. Stable Wifi connection, great location for reaching airport and City Centre. Large provision of amenities.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

The hotel advertises free shuttle from the airport, but it is only available when requested by a phone call to the property. We did not have phone access, so someone called for us. The shuttle did not arrive for 90 minutes.... unacceptable!! As we waited, my travel bag was stolen by in intrepidly stealthy thief. I lost the passports for my party as well as some very sentimental and valuable jewelry. As a result of losing passports on a Friday after the early closure of the US Consulate, an emergency passport could not be issued until the following Monday. My cruise ship literally sailed without me since I did not have a passport to present on Saturday

staff helpfulness

Nothing on this occasion

Comfortable bed and good view of city from room. Our shuttle arrived quickly this time, and our return shuttle to the airport was booked as we requested, not like the previous week when it failed to show up as were the only ones for it and we had to go by taxi. We were pleased with our bar snacks and the barman who served us

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

The bed was not confortable. It was not very clean. And it was noisy.

Good: in 20 min you are in the airport with free shuttle. I did not test food and beverage.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

The chair covers in our room were dirty with greasy handmarks on the arms, should have been orange but they were black.On check-in we were asked if we wanted airport shuttle the next morning and we booked it for 11.15am. We were the only ones waiting and it never came.It transpired the booking had not been made for us by the receptionist. They ordered a taxi for us which took ages to arrive, and when we asked if they were paying they agreed to. It got us off to a bad start but fortunately airport check-in and security were quiet.

The bed

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Hotel is a little bit"used" I would say...not 4*. For the breakfast no vegetables!

Clean, stuff very nice, everything ok but but price and 4* do not match:(

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Bizarrely there was no door as such to the bathroom , apart from a sliding wardrobe door it was part of the main room. No shower door . Toilet door was next to useless. The bathroom was clean efficient and modern though.

Smart cosmopolitan hotel - very businesslike rather than a holiday hotel but great for our one nights stay. Helpful friendly english speaking staff. Nice restaurant for both breakfast and evening meal.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

It was 2 single beds pushed together but they moved very easily which was a bit dangerous.

The hotel was very new and modern and the room was large with a walk in shower.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

The shower could have been cleaner.... the breakfast buffet looked fabulous, but did not taste good. The fresh cut pineapple was really horrible. The hotel has great potential, just minor things like quality and taste of food and in my opinion shower has to look very good and clean to get a 10. Lastly, the AC in the room worked in a very strange way, we had to set the thermostat all the way to 5.5 degrees foe the AC to turn on, but this was quite confusing....Almost there Fira Congress.

The pictures were accurate. The airport shuttle was great.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

When we arrived there was a sign at reception advising that the water would be turned off from 11pm till 2am approximately. My husband had an early morning flight to catch and was concerned that he would be unable to shower prior to departing for the airport. When we queried this, the receptionist was pedantic, robotic and uncaring. When I asked if there was someone I could speak to she replied ''Yes, me.'' It was only when one of her seniors interrupted that the matter was resolved as he assured us the works would be completed by 2am. First impressions are however, lasting and we will not be staying at that hotel again. The air-con in our room took a very long time to reach temperature. Not great in summer. Our room was an 01 number i.e. very close to the elevators and it was possible to hear electrical/mechanical noise through the wall in the morning. I had to report the scrambled eggs as they tasted and smelt of fish. Staff checked my complaint and then removed them from the buffet. Finally, departing the outside car park was difficult. One has to get out of the car, go to a buzzer and press for exit, get back in the car and leave. However, whoever was opening the gate was not allowing enough time for the whole process and by the time I was ready to leave the carpark, the gate was closed again. Very annoying especially for a woman on her own when there appeared to be a lot of random strangers hanging around the car park.

Hotel is easy to find by car. Bar staff efficient and friendly. Rooms were adequate.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

minimal staff on reception and bar. Service was therefore slow and sometimes lacking what you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Hotel was not fully booked so staff could have been more attentive we were asked if we wanted to change room to a king bed - we said yes..it was two twins pushed together..it was comfy but obviously not a king bed ! Toiletries were provided, again, just not to a 4 star standard compared to other hotels I have stayed in

Coffee machine in room was great...only 1 x coffee and 1 x milk pp given per day. Were provided more when we asked the maids 2 x small complimentary water per day views of the city from room 817

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

For a 4 star hotel, service was poor. There did not appear to ever be enough staff working . The free bathroom toiletries are very basic...would expect something a bit more luxurious. Bed was two twins pushed together . Only one uk TV channel

Lovely coffee in the room , just wish the hotel provided more than one sachet per person per day! Complimentary small bottled water each day

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Its fira far away from the center and to pay 130 eur per night without breakfast included is too expensive. No sauna or hidromassage and they say they have spa there.lol

Room 207 is great.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Despite two phone calls to the hotel and being told to expect it in 20 minutes, and then something would be done straight away on the second occasion, our airport shuttle bus did not turn up. We finally had to ask the driver of Frontair Congress shuttle bus if he could help us. He must have contacted someone and the bus showed up about 10 minutes later. It took us longer to get from the airport to the Fira than our flight Milan Malpensa to Barcelona.It qas a very hot day and we had to stand and wait for almost an hour and a half. The layout of the room was most impractical nowhere to put suitcases little hanging space in wardrobe, no door on shower, but we loved it.

Spectacular view towards Olympic torch of 1992 Lovely picture window on 9th floor pamoramic view

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

The room was designed by someone unconstrained by the practical needs of staying in a hotel. No drawers for clothes. About 20 cm rail space for jackets. I simply could not work out how to turn light switches off and on (ended up sleeping with the light on). Shower didn't have a door which is nice and stylish, but it used up more room than a bath, and there was no bath. Eyewatering prices in the mini-bar (although that's hardly unique). There was however lots of room to store bamboo. The end result is a decent sized room without several amenities (there is no desk to work at either). And a lot more bamboo that is normal (I guess the previous guy forgot to take it with him).

Check in was easy - nice staff. Dinner was very good; moderate range, but every dish I tried was excellent. Clean, well maintained, not a bad position (walk to metro station). Free shuttle to airport. Great bar. Staff spoke English.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Breakfast was very good. Free shuttle to airport. I wish my booking reservation had told me there was a shuttle because we paid 25 Euro to travel to hotel from airport. We took shuttle back to airport the next morning and it was on time. All of the accommodations were very good. You can see Olympic stadium from Hôtel, and there is a metro close by. This is a great place to stay if you need to stay near airport or have business in the area. If you are a tourist staying for a few days this is very quiet with no restaurants or cafes close by (it is a business district). We felt safe and the hotel food was reasonabley priced and good. After two weeks in Spain we needed a hotel close to airport for travel back home. We were not looking for a touristy place in Barcelona.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Thankfully I was traveling with my husband but there's a huge lack of bathroom privacy.

The beds were extremely comfortable and the amenities were very modern.

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

The breakfast was not great, although there was some variety, the hot food tasted off and it wasn't a complaint of one my guests who I booked to stay there. Wi-Fi connection would drop too.

The location was perfect as I was at an exhibition across the road. The hotel was really clean and professional to be with business associates.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Far for everything if you don't have a car, you need to take a taxi ! Taxi's are very expensive!

Price, new hotel, Nice bedroom , free wifi, free shuttle to the airport.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Nothing! It was perfect.

This is the best hotel in Barcelona that I have stayed at. The facilities were excellent and the staff could not have been more helpful. I will definitely be staying there again.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Breakfast- not many healthy options. Air conditioning available- did not work. Staff friendly- forgot to do things that we asked of them; writing down customers' questions might help. Spa was advertised on website- no spa on site Booked a twin room with a work colleague- highly embarrassing absence of a bathroom door and no door on shower cubicle. No privacy whatsoever in a shared room. Room service- food quality, taste etc. appalling. Last day we were supposed to pick up a take away breakfast- staff forgot. Wifi quality and availability- intermittent Only redeeming feature- near the airport Take absolutely no notice of 4 stars- does not apply in this case!!

Staff were friendly but disorganised

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Need could have been higher and the 2 relaxing chairs need a good cleaning, the lock on the door was somewhat loose from use**!!.

From or entrance to departure quite impressed. The beds were a little on the low side for us and my wife got some anxious moments trying to use the phone. All in all we were pleased with the breakfast and transport arrangements to the airport and the staff were attentive and helpful at all times, thanks to all for a good stay at your location.

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Staff was not friendly at all. Upon arrival they were chit-chatting and were not paying much attention to me as a customer. No information of the hotel facilitates was given either. Gym was not properly ventilated. It was stinking of sweat and damp. Beds were very basic and uncomfortable.

The shuttle bus service to the airport was very fast and convenient.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

My bathroom has not door and was very cold during January days. the lights of room was extra and was not comfortable.

It is good and comfortable hotel for business purposes.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Any kind of request was not accepted. The staff was friendly but unable to add any value for our stay. During the first night the heater was not working so we had to sleep in cold. Our child became sick. Then I hade to moove the additional bed to an another room by my own. We paid full.price for brakefast also fkr the 7yo kid. However the brakefast was poor and the hot meal was not refilled. As a top of the top I still don't know what did I paid. There was several deposits and spendings but at the end the staff was unable to calculate the exact ammount :D.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

I couldn't work out how to alter the (American) tv programmes from dubbed Spanish to (original language) English. A few simple instructions for idiots like me would have been very helpful!

The modern design of the room was unusual & very attrractive. It was also very peaceful & quiet.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

The room was clean but shower could have used some repairs. Walls were in need of paint. Lighting was not good in bathroom area. No sound insulation in the room. You could hear everything the other person was doing. Breakfast buffet could have been better for the price.

Easy check in. Good location, quiet. Room was clean. Easy access to buses and metro. Shuttle to airport was very good.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

One receptionist was very negative in responsive questions about arranging transport to the airport. All others were attentive and polite. An empty van except for one person was available but for some reason she felt compelled to berate us for not booking in advances. Go figure!

Rooms were clean, good size safe, upbeat decor, spacious bathroom, food available late evening

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Location was really the only pitfall not because of the area it was located but just how far away from town it was. You just had to walk a little distance to get to the Metro and really I'd stay there again even with the location issue.

The room was fantastic. Large open and airy space. Bed was extremely comfortable. Love the rain shower that actually worked. Awesome view from my room. There was a shopping center close to it that had several restaurants and little stores that was within walking distance.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

They offered airport transport as part of package which is fantastic, but they just need to inform you where to find the shuttle. Took us 45 mins to find shuttle bus and it could have taken us 5 mins if we had known before hand

Hotel very comfortable & quiet area

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The bed was uncomfortable and squeaky (iron/spring base not a solid base) but it was only one night.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The shuttle was ontime. Close to a mall and fast food restaurants.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

According to their website the Hotel shuttle bus runs every 45 minutes but there's no timetable or any information online. I did email the hotel but it seems you have to call the hotel from the airport and they will arrange the shuttle. I ended up just getting a local taxi €40

Good location for the cruise ports

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Nice big rooms, excellent personnel. rich breakfast, free shuttle bus to the airport. Well served by metro system, even though far from the city center.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Almost nothing

Location, near metro station, near shopping center , modern, big room , clean , service, light system in the room was great, airport shuttle

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

The lobby staff, never smile and not very friendly.One of them looks like it was annoyed by the guests.

The location, it's half way to my destination and the town.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Seemed to be situated in industrial area, in middle of nowhere but as we were only there for one night it did not matter.Did notice on way to cruise port that there was a lively market just a few streets away and also eating places and shops so not as remote as first thought.

Stayed for one night before going on cruise. We were picked up from airport in their bus. Booking in was hassle free. Room very modern with huge comfortable bed. Great choice at breakfast.Short taxi ride to cruise port.Enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

Temperature control In Room was difficult to work. In the end, despite instructions in the room, I switched it off. Lighting in the shower was dark.

Friendly reception, very helpful when I called for transport from the airport. Menu de dia was excellent value for money in addition to being very innovative and tasty. The red wine was excellent too.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

No tea or coffee making facilities in room. Beds not very comfortable and no spare pillows. TV only had one English Channel and that was a French one covering news

Great staff who could all speak English

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

The Wifi signal gets weaker, the higher the floor you are on, with no option to plug in to the landline for adsl... really not good in this day and age... but they did (as there was availability) let me change my room to one on 1st floor. If it weren't for this big issue I d have given this hotel near to top marks...

Nice, quiet for an overnight stop (airport >hotel>airport) maybe not so good if you plan to visit Barcelona centre. Staff were v helpful & friendly, and Bar Food / snacks tasty and reasonably priced. Comfortable & interesting decor, with lots of books/mags on Art / Culture etc around if you have time to kill. Gym, good and gave the option to shower before leaving for the airport later on in afternoon/evening.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

I was charged twice. Once by booking.com and again by Fira congress at check out. This is a huge inconvenience. The first room we got had feces stuck to the toilet and smelled. The trash had not been taken out. No privacy. It was not clear how to close off the bathroom from the small room.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Location near Congress Center, close to two metro stations, with easy direct access to city center and airport by public transport. Additionally there is a free shuttle bus service to airport. Nice rooms, bar and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

It would be a good thing to have a previous information that the room had an open space shower I was travelling with my daughter 30 year old, and I suppose she would chose an another room

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

No blankets or quilt on the bed, the lighting was so modern that it was ridiculously inefficient and the only tea/coffee making facility was a pod machine that didn't work and had no manual. There were no tea bags. I had to find the manual on line. The issue was too difficult to solve. Our friends next door went to hunt for a cup of tea and wandered around with no help offered. The solution given when they asked was to go and buy one at the bar.

The venue was clean and modern.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

- airconditioning is only very slowly adapting the room temperature - we had a fire alarm in the night (2am) and received no single information at the reception desk what was going on

- excellent price/quality in the weekend - close to the metro line, but no direct line to the centre - room and bath facilities are comparably large and nice

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

They used to have shuttles to city center. Although taxi to the center is 12 euros approximately it was still a nice service.

The staff is amazing. Facilities are great. Room is spacey and modern. Shuttle to airport is a huge adventage. 10 minutes to airport and 10 to the center. Good access. Parking. And again: staff. Staff. Staff. Thanks for everything.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

As such a fine hotel and with Nice free shuttle service to and from the AirPort. But a Real tourist hotel as Well with Way too Many People ripping the breakfast buffet, leaving it not very Nice and with almost no food if you come after One of the Big tourist groups - quality of the food that was left when we came Down at 8 AM was terrible

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Aircon is not strong enough in the summer. Only 2 pods for the Nespresso and not enough milk. The location is good for the congress hall and out of town shopping at IKea etc. But a long way from the city centre. Cabs from city centre cost around 12euro and take 15 minutes.

Very comfortable Bed. Internet speed was consistently around 5Meg. Very good shower. Nespresso machine in the room.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Such location would benefit by having a shuttle bus to the city, say one mid morning and another mid afternoon

A little more attention to the running of the Restaurant (in the evening particularly when is quite)

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

The lighting system was near impossible to work. The location is near a metro but really offers little else. Two nights were more than enough.

The view was lovely. The shuttle to the airport was great.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

There is no privacy in the shower and toilet. The shower box does not have a door, so, besides not giving any privacy, this makes the shower box cold. The glass dor from the toilet should go to the box and the toilet should have a proper door.

The overall decoration of the hotel is very beautiful, the bed was comfortable, the staff was very helpful, the services are good, WiFi worked well, free shuttle to/from the airport.

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

Front desk staff had attitude and were not welcoming or friendly.

Nice rooms

The selection for dinner...I paid €19 for dinner and it was not value for money

The duvet comforters

• Twin Room with Extra Bed

Small room barely fitting its content. Hotel looks modern from outside, rooms do not seem to have good quality from inside.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

Free airport transfer and a warm welcome in the early hours of the morning. Great shower and comfortable bed - felt secure and safe.

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

I would recommend staying at this hotel for the price we paid

Beautiful place good quality. Quiet

The bed was excellent!

Location, Accessibility, ambience

• Double or Twin Room with Airport Transfer

No food available after traveling for 24 hours. We were an inconvenience to the hotel

No blanket

Cleanliness

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

The hot Water was slightly warm

The Airport Shuttle service excellant

• Standard Double Room for Single Use with Airport Transfer

Location bit far from city, but not too bad. Metro station is near.

Every star of this hotel is well deserved.

Browse Fira Congress traveller photo gallery