Reviews of The Red Hotel - Adults Only 2 stars

Carrer De Ramon Y Cajal, 2, 07820 San Antonio, Spain

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Good.
    • Budget Twin Room

The only thing that could have been better was our friends were staying in the Blue Apartments opposite the hotel. Both are run by the same company but we weren't allowed into our friends apartment at all which was slightly annoying.

Really friendly helpful staff, room was spacious and clean, good location and excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

2 star with very little to expect.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The shower smells, no shower gel provided and after doing the room the soap and tiny shampoo was not given again. The security guard was extremely rude when one of friend mistakenly entered the restaurant to look for toilet as the door was open! Breakfast was good but if you opt for veggie then add extra £2 on what you have already paid. If you want fresh orange juice then you pay more!

Location is good as you have a good view of the sea only if you opt for sea view. All restaurants and bar are close by.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Excellent location, really friendly and helpful staff...

While I understand you’re not allowed outside guests in your room I find it odd you’re not allowed in your friends rooms that are also in the hotel. We went into our friends apartment a few doors down and had security banging on the door threatening to kick us out. Extremely rude.

Excellent location, really friendly and helpful staff (except security).

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I would like to tell MANY THANKS TO PAULA and her Colegue!

Everything!

I would like to tell MANY THANKS TO PAULA and her Colegue!!!! You guys are amazing team , so helpful and smile! My stay in the red hotel was amazing and will come back the next season! I all ready booden my flight and please let me know when you open the booking for the next season! P.S. Dear Paula, I wish you all the best and hope you give a birth as wasy as possible!!!! Can’t way to see you again the next season!!!! I miss you guys so much!!!! See you soon! 😘😘😘😘😘 room 212; 18-26/09/2018. Miroslav Minchev

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The room was huge and the view was amazing of the sea along...

The room was huge and the view was amazing of the sea along with a huge balcony! Location was right in the middle so perfect for us who are out drinking till late!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

So central.
    • Budget Twin Room

Not really anything. If we came back we would ask for a balcony room but could not fault the place

So central. We had friends staying at another location and found it so easy getting around. Close to shops and cafes and right next to the water as well. Loved the cafe downstairs.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Very clean , lady on reception very helpful , food very nice...

The small shower room used on last day , Noise from road but expected due to location

Very clean , lady on reception very helpful , food very nice in red cafe

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great hotel would stay again.

The hotel did not have a swimming pool but there was a pool bar which was a 2 minute walk away which you could use if you bought a drink.

The hotel was very clean and in a great location. We were also given a sea view room which we did not pay for hence was a bonus. The cleaners came round every day and the rooms were fairly modern. The hotel also had a nice restaurant below. We hired beach towels for 10 euros which was refunded as we left, this was good as we only brought hand luggage so would have had to buy and leave a towel if not.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Internet is weird. I could not connect with my three different mobiles. They restarted system, then one of my phones only was connected but not the others. There is no ventilation or window in the bathroom. I do not recommend to stay at your room while other rooms are in housekeeping period, because of too much disturbing noise.

Location is good, very close to bus terminal and town centre. Towels are huge and in good quality.

Served its purpose

The entrance of the hotel and the rooms don't even look like they're in the same building. The entrance has been given a clean and modern face lift while the rooms have been left behind. The restaurant downstairs is open to everyone and for it's location on the main drag, during the day it's packed and the service was terrible in comparison to when there were only a few guests at night.

Right around the corner from the bus station and beach. Not too far to go once you get in and neither too far when you want to go out. The restaurant downstairs is good. The room was clean and the staff very helpful. I wanted to visit Ibiza and didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, so it served its purpose.

Great central location, easy to find, felt safe in the hotel.
    • Budget Twin Room

It looks as though there is a pool at the hotel but there isn’t, no fridge in room and the walls are thin (you can hear EVERYTHING in the other rooms).

Great central location, easy to find, felt safe in the hotel. Bearing in mind this is a 2* hotel, it is perfect for what you want for your time in Ibiza.

Just great!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Maybe the slow WIFI, but you should have fun and not use your phones of laptops for WIFI :)

3rd year that we choose this place for a short holiday break. People are very nice. Location is superb! Clean rooms, nice beds, great airco! Best place to stay with low budget at Ibiza San Antonio

Close to bus station.

So noisy, people were noisy inside and out. If you want sleep don’t stay here. Room basic. The curtain of the balcony should have an inner curtain as if you open it all the balcony’s opposite are looking directly in your room. Not private at all so had the curtain closed at all times.

Close to bus station. Fairly clean and just a pit stop overnight. Staff friendly. Good Wi-fi. Good location

Great hostel.

The beds could be updated to more comfortable ones.

Great hostel. Been staying there the last 5 years and seen its progress. Good location, good value for money. Great staff, very friendly and polite.

overrated
    • Double Room with Sea View

Look of the hotel entrance and room are not same. Room is old and everything other than the bed is dirty/dusty. I've been in hotels that they move two single beds next to each other and prepare a double bed. It is not new. But this is the first time that two beds' hardness is completely different and when I turn to the next bed I fall to the next one :s Garderobe door is not functioning, I cannot access the safety box. Bathroom was old. Bathtub is located very interestingly. You have to enter from the short side, and there are walls along the long sides and the other short side. It is dark when you close the shower curtain. There isn't any place to put shampoo or shower gel. When you flush the toilet you hear the water filling in the tank for a long while. If your neighbor flushes you listen to it again.

Good place for transportation. Hotel entrance looks modern.

This is an adult only hotel and that was the reason I booked it but was not allowed to play music and got a knock on the door every night and told to keep are voices down

Perfect hotel for a stay in the heart of San Antonio

- If you want to use your safe boxe you have to pay 5 euro to get the code from the reception. - Male Staff at the front desk sometimes very serious. - No mini bar fridge in the room.

-The location of the hotel is just perfect near to many restaurants bars and shops. - Just behind the bus station. -Hotel very clean and well maintained. - Housekeeping service is the best one. -Nice balcony in the room.

Absolute ball

Walls were paper thin, waking up to people getting it on (over exaggerating hahaha) was a joke, 6 day stay the maids visited once and still managed to steal some of our stuff, never complained as we know there’s nothing they could of done. Staff were lovely at the desk

Check in was so quick, cleanliness when we first got there, location if you were going out in san an was very good, but we actually booked the wrong town so we were getting taxis everyday to bossa

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Loved our stay and will definitely stay again. The view was unbelievable from our room
    • Double Room with Sea View

The room could have done with a fridge and a kettle. Those things we did miss as we had to buy ice every day to keep drinks cool

Clean hotel, friendly staff. Even left us a bottle of cava on partners birthday. Lovely hotel and food in cafe was great priced and tasted good

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The professionalism, friendly and efficient service at all...

Can't fault it.

The professionalism, friendly and efficient service at all levels. Domenico and Paola are the names I remember but all the rest of the staff is fantastic. I will definetly stay there again. C The courtesy and quick service at all times is superb.. Thank you ❤

Staff was lovely and friendly.
    • Single Room with Sea View

First negative thing that comes to mind is breakfast. Its the worst saddest thing ever that doesn't worth its price. Its so small and useless maybe enough to fulfill child but not a grown person. I suggest to not order room with breakfast and just have breakfast for same price in any of the cafes that are in the area. Second thing I heard that San Antonio is filed with not the best class of people and I saw what people mean by that. Cross the road from the hotel there is a 24 hour supermarket. So around it lots of trashy bench drinking is happening. You have to be very careful. One night drunk Brit tried to rob me when I was coming with groceries from that supermarket but got beaten up in return. Be careful at night There are no good beaches anywhere close by. But just across the road is a pier and you can take many boats to interesting destinations.

Staff was lovely and friendly. Room and toilet was very clean. If you pay extra for the room with a sea view please remember that balcony will be facing the main street and a lot of drunk singing and other noise will be happening at night right under you. Bring your ear plugs. Walls are also a bit thin because once I woke up at night from the sound of somebody vomiting in the next room 😃 Other than that I really liked the hotel. I think there is even a pool in this hotel but I have never even tried to find it since there was no need for it for me personally. Bus stop is just two min away. You can easily take the Bus to go to the club you've chosen and the return back at night. Will stay there again next summer 🌞

ok to be fair

get what you promote

the bed was ok. the photos on the internet didn't match what I got. there was no sea front view all I got was back of other hotels and bus station. I was expecting what was in photos and that's what I payed for.

The red cafe was great and specially the server Ben was...

Very noisy .. Super cheap room furniture .. The whole bed was shaking everytime i turned .. Paid safe deposit box .. No blanket in the room had to request for one..overall i was very uncomfortable staying in that room

The red cafe was great and specially the server Ben was fantastic .. Front desk staff was helpful .. The location is very good

I like this hotel!!!

Hotel is in the center, near bus station and supermarkets, bars and shops. The staff are organizing a very high level of clients services! Thanks a lot! I will come back here, definitely!

Not worth it I cried my eyes out after the staff were speaking and laughing at me in Spanish

The staff spoke about me together in Spanish not realising I spoke the language. I was astounded humiliated and shocked! Worst experience of a hotel and I use booking.com every month never experienced anything like this

The hotel was modern and centrally located beside everything with great air con

Lovely hotel

Room on the main road and was very noisy from around 7am with traffic. Including dustbin and recycling collection. The balcony windows could do with being more noise proof as the bottle collection outside sounded like it was in our room 🙈.

Our second stay here now. Location is great with regards to pubs/ bars restaurants etc.

Location was perfect.

Location was perfect. Couldn’t have asked for anywhere better! So clean !! Was shocked when we arrived due to the price we paid for such a clean lovely place with a lovely restaurant!! Rooms were lovely air conditioned perfectly !! Staff were so helpful and friends. Booked to return on September 19th!!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very central , clean but basic
    • Double Room with Sea View

Ourselves and other guests had to wait around for over 2 hours after already been on a 3 hour flight, until 4 o clock to check in , the staff done nothing to hurry the rooms up even though previous guests were checked out since 12

Very central , clean but basic

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Location is great, in the middle of everything and the staff...
    • Budget Twin Room

Aircon wasn’t working properly and spent two nights in hot weather, that’s the only bad mark

Location is great, in the middle of everything and the staff are friendly and helpful

Good value for money

The pillows were tiny and the shower curtain didn’t sit in the shower so all the water went into the bathroom floor.

The hotel was right in the centre of San Antonio and the staff were very helpful.

DO NOT STAY HERE unless you want your belongings to be stolen

THE STAFF STEAL FROM YOU! I had €20 and a skirt stolen from my room. Two other girls were also complaining in the reception that they had clothing go missing. The manager did not seem to care all that much. He said he would check the cameras but then never came back to me, did not even ask me for my contact details as he knew I was leaving. He also said well you should have got a safe then. So you have to pay them to use the safe to make sure their staff don’t rob you. Great. Also the hotel does not have a pool, it’s just a free access pool which is really busy down the road.

Location was good but that is the only good thing about this hotel.

Location, the restaurant down stairs, staff, the cleanness,...

No fridge in the rooms.

Location, the restaurant down stairs, staff, the cleanness, the beach view. Would recommend spending a little extra to get the beach view

Poor

Very poor room for amount of money paid per night bog stands and had problems regarding room and amount to be paid charged extra 50gbp on top of holiday price we booked from bookings.com

Near to beach and nigh life brilliant location

The hotel is clean and staff are friendly.
    • Double Room with Sea View

No shower facilities if you have an evening flight, late checkout at 3pm for €45 but that’s the only negative.

Location is great and central, a bus depot just 3 minute walk from hotel and a 24hr supermarket next door to the hotel. Value for money.

HOTEL FROM HELL please read!!!!
    • Superior Twin Room with Sea View

I’ve stayed here 3 times on previous occasions and I’ve also recommended the hotel to multiple groups of friends in the past. We booked Red hotel for 2 weeks 17/07 - 27/07. So paid a lot of money for our stay! Long story short, one morning me and my girlfriend came in from a night out, I left her in the hotel room to go to the shop... when I arrived back at the hotel approximately 15mins later I was stopped by the night staff ‘Dominico’ advising me we have 30mins to pack our bags and leave, trying to tell me we had someone else in the room. It was one of them moments I thought it was a joke, when I realised it wasn’t I was extremely confused so rang my girlfriend in the hotel room and she said no one was in the room and she was just as confused as me. Both night staff then went on to say they have seen the CCTV and I’m a liar... Dominico then started to square up to me and give me a death stare as if he was about to beat me up. I said I’d take him up to the room to show no one was in the room I wanted to take the stairs as he was acting really aggressive and there’s CCTV in the stair ways but no CCTV in the lift... he was squaring up to me trying to lure me into the lift.... He advised he was the manager of the hotel and that I don’t take the piss out of him and get away with it. (I can hand on heart say he was going to beat me up in the lift) Dominico was also lying about been the manager as I asked the day staff the next day who the manager is and they advised the manager is Miguel) At this point I was concerned for my girlfriend, I went to get the police.... while this was happening Dominico let him self into our hotel room and was standing over my girlfriend shouting at her calling her a slag and she shouldn’t be bringing people off the streets and sleeping with them?!?! I came back with the police and I forced us all to watch the cctv to prove that no one had entered the room and guess what.... I was proven correct!!!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Balcony view was okay and bed was fine.

Hotel doesn’t have a swimming pool if it’s own. Room was cramped, shower was old not walk-in so would over flow and shower net was useless. We were not able to check in on time and had to wait 3 hours as room wasn’t ready. Night time staff were useless and very rude. Tried to over charge me for extending stay and mixed up booking that I had to cancel and move to another hotel.

Balcony view was okay and bed was fine. Close to shops

Not worth the money at all - nice exterior average interior
    • Budget Single Room

Why say the room has aircon when the aircon is right by the front door not reaching the bed. Lost about 10 stone sweating my head off because of it. Waste of money if you want a room with aircon!

Leaving

Great hotel.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Great hotel. Great central location. Friendly staff. Only problem is no pool. However you can use a hotel along the roads pool which is clean and has good food and bar.

Stunning location, stunning view, average rooms
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Our room was not cleaned every day which was a bit disappointing and some Staff were quite fake.

Location is the stand out point for this hotel. Central to the entirety of San An and right next to the bus and taxi station. The VIEW was also incredible. Get a sea view room and you won’t be disappointed.

Worse place iv ever stayed at
    • Single Room with Sea View

The wardrobe broke the whole thing fell on my foot causing me a lot of agony they did fix it but it shouldn’t have happened also it was very noisy I have photos of my foot . Thursday morning they was a problem with the water we went 16 hours with no shower and no explanation it was awful it ruin our stay because we didn’t want to go out as we were sweating and had been to the beach so felt so dirty . They had other hotels that had water running but they never offered us to go there they just said we don’t no why no one is fixing it .

The bed was comfy and air con was good

Great room. perfect hotel for quickie break to Ibiza or a long stay. Would defo stay again.
    • Double Room with Sea View

We didn't have any water on our second day. From bathroom. Being travellers and having a drive back to France, we would of Appriatied a shower in the morning to freshen up.

View was AMAZING.loved being able to see the main Ibiza street. Big top floor balcony was great. Place was clean and staff were very nice and professional. Offered a lot of extra help. Bathroom was a great size and had hairdryer👌 bed comfy. Still can't believe the view.

Excellent location!
    • Budget Single Room

No pool attached to hotel although one round the corner guests can use

Excellent location!! Walking distance to the beach, ocean beach and the strip...Very Clean and tidy and staff very helpful!!

Great location, the hotel restaurant is really nice and...
    • Double Room with Sea View

A/C was noisy and maintenance staff failed to fix it over the week. Fuse box was also buzzing and when an electrician came to sort it he left and the bathroom lights wouldn’t work. Rooms weren’t that clean and sometimes didn’t get touched at all

Great location, the hotel restaurant is really nice and staff are friendly

Fantastic location!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Fantastic location!! To our surpize we found a restaurant serving Indian food. It was Amazing. The hotel is located in the most Happening place of Ibiza

Would not stay here again
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The advertisement needs to be clearer: There is no swimming pool at this hotel, You get slammed with a tourist tax equivalent to approx €10 per person per night, our room was on the 5th floor and there is one tiny lift which only allowed 3people max and often did not work, there were periods of time everyday where the electricity in the room would just stop working, the hotel in general could be a little cleaner and welcoming !

Central location

Not all that
    • Budget Single Room

Ants all over the room. I paid more than my friends and had the smallest room.

The staff were very good 9/10. The location was nice was next to everything you need to be next to.

• Budget Single Room

The property is located in the centre of San Antonio Ibiza. It’s close to the bus stop and therefore transportation in Ibiza becomes very convenient. Staff is very friendly and always there to help you out. The room was very comfortable. The best part was the privacy of the guests is fully ensured!! Had a great time, would totally recommend it.

Helpful and curtious reception staff

That air con didnt work and couldnt sleep for heat The restaurant staff seemed unhelpful and rude on a few occasions

Helpful and curtious reception staff Clean rooms Accesibility Free wifi

A nice hideout in plain site

Bathroom, closet doors, and TV were very small.

LOCATION, LOCATION... and LOCATION. Nice balcony. Cafe downstairs was solid. 24 hour grocery store was 24 paces away. All sorts of restaurants and shops in the immediate vicinity.

Enjoyable but wouldn’t want to stay at hotel for more than 3 nights.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Aircon wasn’t very effective. Didn’t make much difference. Rolled to the centre of the mattress which wasn’t very comfortable. Pillow was too small and barely provided any support. Slow service at breakfast.

Very good location. Hotel was clean. Staff friendly.

Good value for money but the beach isn’t great

The reception staff were super sweet, the hotel itself was nice and clean though we were given towels with stains on them once (smelled fresh though). The location is super convenient, there’s a 24/7 store just opposite the hotel and the beach is 5min away with plenty restaurants on the way, but it’s definitely worth it taking the taxi boats to the beaches further down (and it only costs 2-3.5e each way!).

Good place for its price
    • Budget Single Room

- small shower - really bad wi-fi connection - 0 sound isolation, I could hear everything what’s going on in other rooms, but it’s not a big deal tho

Stayed in this hotel for 11 nights, I would say it’s totally worth it, pretty basic hotel with shower and bed. Perfect for party people + location + clean room + friendly receptionists

Great hotel. Staff friendly. Good location.
    • Double Room with Sea View

We were told at the pool that we could not bring our own water in. He made me bin it and tonstaybi had to buy a drink from the bar which i was fuming at.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good value for money.

Fine Hotel stay, the location is excellent!
    • Budget Single Room

There is no bidet, and there is no hairdryer but you can rent it

All good, especially cleanliness and location. The kind and helpful staff, the honest price

There are better deals than Red Hotel

- The electricity in the room is turned on by inserting card in a socket on the wall. But, the electric board emitted sound that was loud enough to be irritating, hence I had to sleep with electricity turned off. - There is a surcharge for using the safety deposit box. Booking.com provides conflicting information about this - on the printout it was listed as included in the price. When I inquired about this, the receptionist kindly opened the website and showed me the fine print where it was stated that it is subject to surcharge. So, you have to be careful and double check what is included and what is not. This came as a surprise since I stayed in many hotels and its use has never been a subject of additional charge. The Red Hotel is a 2-star hotel, but when you add all the fine-prints and surcharges, you end up paying price that is the same as a 3-star hotel in San Antonio, that comes with everything included, without fine-prints and also without the buzz from the electric board. There are better deals than this hotel.

The breakfast was tasty and varied and the staff was professional and courteous. It was clean and well kept.

Location was really nice, just a few minutes from san...
    • Double Room with Sea View

Rooms soundproofing was bad. Our room was 6/6 floor and the noice of some machines from the top was very loud at night so hopefully you sleep tight or have ear plugs!! There might have been also some problems with our room electric fuse. TV didn't work but we just had one time to try it so it wasn't that bad. After two nights we wanted to have our room cleaned and we left just one towel on the floor but they had changed all of them (4) so it was little bit sad in environmental point of view.

Location was really nice, just a few minutes from san antonio bus station and beach. The view to the ocean from the 6/6 floor balcony was perfect. The staff was friendly and they had luggage storage after check out.

Great location to the main strip.

Great location to the main strip. 15 min walk to sunset bars. We boarded a boat located across the road and it took us to a beautiful beach (5€ return) that had an awesome Reggae bar! Staff at the hotel were very friendly and attentive. I travelled with 13 other people for my hen do and not one person had a bad word other than a couple of my friends said the mattress was a little to hard for their liking. Breakfast was lovely and they even served a couple of my friends the breakfast that was included in our booking after their serving hours! Thank you Red Hotel. I would definitely choose to stay there again.

100% will visit again and strongly recommend!!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Fantastic location for us. Spotlessly clean. Beds were so comfy. The red cafe below was absolutely delicious... breakfasts the best I've had! Definitely will visit again and would recommend to anyone!! We had a sea view room.

Great location right by San Antonio bay.

Nothing noteworthy to report as a negative really. Would stay here again.

Great location right by San Antonio bay. The cafe bar was newly refurbished and the staff were very helpful. Food was nice too (and the beer!).

Basic and clean accommodation near by busy area

We turned off the airco by the room was still very cold. They should put extra sheet in the room. In the morning, we could hear people very loudly and other guest coughing from the next room.

Friendly staff and near by the restaurant etc.. the restroom was very clean. I didn’t use them. It I saw there were iPads downstairs for the use of guests. Basic and clean accommodation near by busy area.

We didn't realise that the swimming pool was not based at this hotel, noise at night/early morning.

Location, size of the room & bathroom, balcony view looking out onto the sea.

Excellent - will return~!

Air conditioning could have been better but was ok!

We arrived early from the airport and Marta was so helpful and friendly arranging to check us in early. We moved rooms on the second night to a bigger room on the front with a lovely view of the marina! Beds were very comfortable and all housekeeping staff friendly!

Outstanding value for money

Hot dogs are off menu they were delish gutted ☹️

Have stayed many times restaurant is a bonus food is delicious and good value for money and Ria one of the staff is so welcoming wouldn't stay anywhere else 😁

Not for relaxation
    • Single Room with Sea View

The noise/party in the rooms - this is so frequent, so don't think that you'll stay here for relaxation; you'll have to party all the night to return here in the morning when it is finally quiet. It depends also of how lucky you are - one night it was a big scandal/noise next to my room till 4am ; I think they have expelled the clients.

The view from the balcony - 6th floor, all harbor of San Antonio. Staff, good AC. Close to the bus station.

Poor! I travel a lot and this was the worst experience ever!

Very bad quality and poor conditions. Horrible bathroom - very small with tiny shower - shower head not movable and positioned very low without any pressure - forget about washing your hair properly with water spilling all around the bathroom due to very small curtain around the shower. Uncomfortable bed with the thinnest mattress. Very noisy - thin walls. Every night full of drunk screaming people on the corridors with staff doing absolutely nothing about it. Air conditioning not working properly. Massive leak in my room after a rainy day! Got my room changed but everything was exactly the same - very bad quality! Strong and unpleasant smell of cleaning detergents. Male receptionist with a very bad attitude! Female receptionist very friendly and professional which was the only positive thing about my stay. Cafe at the hotel was awful. Very rude waiters - my first day I waited for English breakfast over 45 mins and it was completely not worth the price, I would never come back to that place as the service was poor but on the rainy day I did not have much of the choice. While I called the waiter he screamed 'can't you see we are busy!'. Very rude and not professional staff. In terms of location property is located in the centre of San Antonio which is popular party district - way overpriced for the quality they offer and full of trashy drunk people around. If you want to have a great Ibiza experience stay at Ibiza Town - better restaurants and all the famous nightclubs are located over there.

Female receptionist very friendly and professional. Unfortunately nothing else I liked!

Decent enough hotel with good location and great balcony-However felt like I was in university halls
    • Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Nighttime staff were a little aggressive. For the price breakfast should have been included. Bathroom was very small and in the middle of the room. Felt like I was in university halls. Staff were also not able to advise on public transport which was disappointing.

Location was good and the balcony was great. 24/hr shop next door too was fantastic. Close to bus station as well. Staff during the day were accommodating to our situation as we arrived early and they managed to hold our belongings and clean our room early.

Basic Ibiza Hotel But Cant Complain Too Much

The bedroom offering as I asked for a balcony room and there was plenty of availability but otherwise, the hotel was clean and basic. I just dont believe it should have cost so much for what is was. The room was so small, I felt like I was in prison.

The Cafe staff were amazing and most of the female front of house staff were the best. It would be nice if all staff cracked a smile a little. The surrounding area was pretty standard too. Shame the bed was hard and moved around A LOT. You can also hear other visitors struggling with the bed too. Food was basic but good and very English. Local area is basic and not gourmet at all but trainsportation to better parts of the island are a cheap ride away by public transport - taxi's are not regulated well so the cost differs at all times

Good property for a basic stay in San Antonio

- The room is small - The pool is a bit far from the property - The shower is fixed to the wall

- Good location, near restaurants, bus station, shops and entertainment - Clean rooms, cleaned nicely every day - Nice installations - Good Wi-Fi signal

Sea view room was really good.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Security were not on, one incident in the room and after day 2 of 7 we were put out on the street in the middle of the night forcing us to book another hotel.

Sea view room was really good.

Ok

We asked for an early check in but we didn't get it. The two young men staff were friendly and helpful but the others not so much. There was no fridge in the room to keep drinks cool. The pool was at another hotel but drinks had to be bought to use it.

Location was good. There was air con.

Satisfied, I will come again

shower in the wall, without cord; no balcony in my case

very comfortable bed and air conditioning working perfectly; the small restaurant at the base of the hotel has good food (inclusive fish) at pretty fair prices - I recommend it; good positioning near the bus station close to restaurants and pubs

Wont be returning

The service from staff. Reluctance for not let us check in early. Then giving us a room that was dirty depsite making us wait 4 hours.

Arrived early, asked for an early check in due to having a friend who was disabled also awaiting a room. Got given a room eventually that we was told was disabled friendly. To access the bathroom there was a foot step which made it impossible to get into the bathroom aswell as the fact there was no more than one arms length between the toilet and the sink. The shower was stuck in between that which made it absolutely impossible to access with a wheelchair. Once we realised this we asked to change the room. We was then given a room for 3 in the white apartments which we was told would suit us better. Baring in mind this is now 4:45pm and the room they have given us they said would be ready. When we entered the room it was not clean, whoever last stayed in it the rubbish was still in the room dirty towels and dirty linen. We had to stay in the room to freshen up whilst the cleaners gave it the quick once over.

I really liked this hotel but after the incident with the security guard not sure if I would go back

The security officer that patrolled at night. He kept most of the hotel awake banging on people's door and shouting aggressively. I complained twice at the main desk. The people staying in the hotel where pretty quiet and to be honest they are on holiday enjoying themselves. We had one evening where we bought 3 guys back to our room one was a cousin and his friends we were celebrating his birthday. The security guard let them in and they were in our room for about 2 hours having a drink and we were getting ready to go out. Then there was a loud knock on the door sounded like someone was going to knock the door down and he was shouting. We opened the door and the security guard was so rude and aggressive he wouldn't let me close the door to grab my money from the safe and put a few things in my bag. He made me feel like I was a criminal. Girls watch out after that I didn't want to walk about in the hotel on my own and I am in my late forties. The hotel said visitors are not allowed in the hotel next day due to Spain regulation and insurance. This clearly isn't true because I have been going to Ibiza for 7 years. This is a hotel policy if this is the case state it on your website so people know in advance. I don't think the hotels declare this because people wouldn't book a room. Such a shame put a dampener on my holiday and upset my friends cousins before heading off to the club.

The beds were very comfortable and the day time staff were lovely. To be honest they couldn't do enough for you. The hotel is clean and about 1 minute from main strip. I never ate in the restaurant so can't comment on the food. The beach is about a 2 minute walk and there is a 24 hour shop directly opposite the hotel. You can't buy alcohol after 12 midnight.

I did pay extra for a sea view, thought i would get a front...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

I did pay extra for a sea view, thought i would get a front room overlooking the marina not a side view, my view straight out of my balcony was of a massive aircon unit on a roof that never switched of. This is one thing that needs to be sorted when it comes to booking hotels and what they offer, as its easy to say sea view if you break your neck left or right then you can sea it, but we all know its not a sea view as we would expect, every room in the hotel has a sea view if you work on that basis. Good location and staff, shame about the room "sea view".

Adequate for a short stop, as close to everything.

Accommodation very basic Shower curtain not a fan, View of bus station but could have been worse

Location, well positioned close to everything Friendly staff, helpful. Came in very late so not much time in room, Hence adequate . High floor.

Browse The Red Hotel - Adults Only traveller photo gallery