Reviews of SBH Fuerteventura Playa 4 stars

Avenida Jahn Reisen, 1, 35627 Costa Calma, Spain

#46 of 81 hotels in Costa Calma

5.6

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Good value all inclusive hotel

Not a lot to do in Costa Calma itself there are virtually no restaurants to go to so you do need to use the all inclusive facilities. The hotel is at the far end of the beach where it is a bit rocky

Nice pool area and staff friendly and helpful. near to beach which is lovely and sandy and safe although a short walk at low tide to get to the nicest part. We visited the Oasis Zoo as nearby and this was a good experience

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Excellent location to shut off from my hectic lifestyle and really enjoy the warm sun.
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

Found it hard to sleep on the very hard bed in my room. This was the only negative I had from the entire stay.

Food was great and location was fantastic. Very nice pool area. Staff were fantastic and very professional.

its close to the beach , its stony , but lovely sandy...

hotel lacks staff in out side drinks earier always a que a small bar , need two really , a beach bar would have helped

its close to the beach , its stony , but lovely sandy beaches just 100 yards away, the food was very good for a 10 day holiday , hotel is very dated ,much nicer ones in the earier ,

Quality time
    • Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

great location of the hotel by the beautiful beach. large garden with pool, excellent animators team with leader Anton, tasty and varied meals and ... great mojito.

I truly recomend, very good value for the price!
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

Nothing! I truly recomend, very good value for the price!

Very wide variety of food during all meals! Kind, polite and helpfull staff at reception and restaurant also. Room was big and reached the expected level that I had in mind for the price.

The climate made the holiday very pleasant.

We had no view from our balcony - disappointing!

The all inclusive offer was convenient as there are not many restaurants or supermarkets in Costa Calma.

If the price is right would love to return A>S>A>P
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

Can't complain about anything.

I found this hotel very comfortable with good hardworking staff who were very friendly. The hotel was also very clean and I noticed the pool being cleaned early in the morning and gardeners at work throughout the day. The bed was also very comfortable and I slept better than I have for years. The only problem I had was the door lock that when I inserted my key sometimes it was difficult to unlock the door. Informed reception who sent for the maintenance man quite late in the evening and he removed the lock and replaced it with a new one. Never had anymore trouble after that. The restaurant was excellent with a huge variety of food for every meal. It was my birthday while I was there and the restaurant did up my table with candles, cakes and decorations. lovely touch, as well as a large bottle of champagne left in my room.

This is one of the few places I am going back to

Hotel needs some renovation (painting, carpet, etc.) but they told me there is a full renovation planned for this year already so this is not really a minus.

Amazing food and service, got a very nice room and complementary champagne cause this was was my 2nd visit within a year. The staff is really nice and fast and I think the meaning of 'all-inclusive' starts here. Very satisfied, will definitely come back again!

Nice week away for Christmas and staff were very helpful and friendly and worked very hard.
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

I don't believe that the hotel food was 4*, expected a heated pool, quite dated accommodation, additional costs for change of towels and safe use. Most 4* hotels these are included and food quality is much better.

The hotel staff were friendly and efficient and worked extremely hard. The location was right on the beach and there were a number of facilities which added to the holiday.

Great sea view

Rooms need updating.Drinks very weak(Bacardi?)Small map of property would be beneficial.Bottles of drinking water in the room.

Proximity to beach ie sea views.Balcony privacy(room 292).Lots of gluten free food. Staff friendly and efficient.

Absolutely shocking

All inclusive, drink was dreadful had to go out to a shop to buy drink, could not drink what was in the hotel. Food disgraceful!!! even in the sister hotels. Just a block of hotels with nothing around it. Ants in the room, definitely not a 4 star. Worst holiday experience, do not go there.

Fuerteventura is a great place to stay. I think I’ll be back soon.

The beach in front of the hotel is not so good (many big rocks instead of sand). No beach bar. By the way the most beautiful beaches are located in “El Cotillo” and “Corralejo”.

Very friendly people. Clean rooms. Good food, everyday they prepare anything else. Good value for the money.

Nice place....BUT

Beach is not good for swimming, smelly corridor, broken A/C, and some of the staff unhelpful or plane rude. The guy at the bar I think cyprian was his name or similar cursed in Spanish (I understood) when we added 1 more drink to our order. A guy at reception clueless about surrounding of hotel with explanation "I am not from here". In front of room 278 there is huge stain and it smells like sth rotte n when you open the door. For this price you could do better than this. Yet one thing - it is forbbiden to leave towel around pool but everybody does it. We came to the pool at 9.30 and there was literally no lounger to sit and 80% of them only had towel on no people actually using them.

I loved the pool and grounds food was great variety and quality. Big room and bathroom.

Fantastic holiday

Live music every evening while having dinner. We loved it! Muchos gracias to Lucio! The staff who cleaned up everything during and after dinner. Especially the guy from Gran Tarajal who was always smiling and friendly while cleaning up the terrace!

A lovely getaway to a beautiful paradise
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

The television had only one English Channel. CNN! So I spent most of the holiday with News as my only source of entertainment in the TV. Needs more variety of channels. Lots of people would 'reserve' sun beds in the garden by leaving their belongings. Up to a point you could never find one that wasn't 'reserved'. Although there were rules against this I didn't see anybody abiding by the rule.

A very large buffet selection. Amazing food and dessert every day by their chefs. And all inclusive! Hotel is right next to the beach. And very helpful staff. A beautiful garden and swimming pool.

Brilliant hotel!
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Brilliant hotel! Great food: variety, freshness, big salad bar! Coffee machines are also in the lounge area in the hotel and by the pool. All Inclusive is recommended (food, all drinks and cocktails included)! Snack bar is poor but cannot take a point for that. :) Sea water swimming pool is great idea. Animation team and evening entertainment are brilliant. All staff working very hard to please and serve customers. We came late evening for check in, very close to dinner closing time. So receptionist put wrist band for us and sent us for a dinner straight away. That was great to have proper meal after traveling all day with kids. Then we did check in. Rooms are good size. Would recommend pool side rooms to get more sun. Direct access to the beach. Beach towels provided with the deposit. We loved every minute of our holiday! Cant wait to come back there!

Liked everything.

Coffee. no good bars or restaurants around area

Liked everything.food briliant staff very friendly aspessialy maria from pool bar.she is very professional.room good size and clean pool water a bit cold and solty.very close to the beach (50 meters from hotel ) briliat enterteinment staff specialy guy from bulgaria.would love to come back again.Just one minus.no good shops or bars around area.coffee in my oppinion was absolutely catastrofic :-)

bring long trousers
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

I've read a lot of reviews and the place is not as bad as they say. I could be upgraded but it's clean and perfect for a few days or a week stay. There is only one main problem: - the stupid dresscode thing at dinner Now I read about it, but I couldn't believe until experienced myself. It was like 30 degrees and I wanted to enter in a black jeans which basically covered all my leg except the ankles. I was refused to enter the restaurant. I had to go back to my room and change. This is very annoying. In the leaflet they say it's because not to enter in swimsuits (which I agree with) but they are banning people in normal short trousers (not swimsuits) too! It feels like a religious rule or something. The management should really consider this changing the sign to "NO SWIMSUITS" if they want this place keep running.

for the price the value is amazing! - very good food (especially dinner) - wide range of foods and drinks - very good staff and service - nice pool and neighborhood

Magic holiday
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

It's an all inclusive hotel and the diversity of options in food and drink is unbelievable. Permanent entertainment, yoga, stretching, aqua aerobics, ball games and evening entertainment. Brilliant

Time travelers's treat in disco ball lights and red velvet
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

I boiled in my room every night. Could have been prevented

Hotel right on the beach. Clean sea water. Baby sharks were such a delight perusing the shallows around the beach. the food was tasty and staff nice. they made me towel creatures every day:) A quiet resort happily snoozing through the seasons dreaming the dream of its glory past... The air con fixtures, the dried up bed of what used to be a lazy river, much as the four stars to the hotels name are the melancholic reminders of what used to be... as the water dried up, air con does not work and the four stars must belong to the eighties when time here has stopped.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Great week but could of been better

Their was not enough entertainment and the bar and all inclusive wad over at 11pm which was way too early when your on holidays. Also their was no food available after 9pm not even a snack bar or room service..

It was a beautiful hotel write on the beach but the entertainment and all inclusive finished way to early not enough entertainment but I had a great week and the staff went out of their way to make sure my partner had an excellent 30th birthday.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

The staff was very welcoming and the waiters attending to...

The gym needs a serious upgrade! The kiddy pool could be cleaner (and warmer!) The snacks in between (we had all-inclusive) were not really available.

The staff was very welcoming and the waiters attending to you in the restaurant were all very friendly, always giving you a smile! We were there on business, and even though they don't provide meeting rooms per se, the staff was very accommodating to help us have our meetings in quiet surroundings.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Good Price, nice food, friendly staff, good location.
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

Instead of "no smoker" room I'd got room with ashtray. Broken bathroom sink and no hot water.

Good Price, nice food, friendly staff, good location.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

A very reasonable priced hotel , for a last minute January holiday but don't expect too much !!
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

The outside of the hotel desperately in need of redecoration, some of the sun beds broken , the saloon bar very dated , as was the restaurant .

Although the hotel is dated and tiered , I thought the food was pretty good and my room very nice too.I didn't like the location of my first room , it was no trouble for the staff to change it for me :)

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Excellent holiday, i will never forget

I celebrate my birthday, it was the best my holiday and the best birthday in life. High standards hotel, amazing good staff , I love it , I will back there

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Don't stay here if you don't need to.

The pool was not warm enough and not close to as warm as it said it should be. It was too crowded in the restaurant and in the pool area. The clientele was awful, a lot of drunken Germans that were rude and loud. The snack bar was very poor. Nothing surprised on the upside, only on the downside.

The food was ok, sometimes even good. The rooms were good with a nice view The New Year buffet was good.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

If you are after sunbathing and good beach with careless days in All Inclusive style,this is for you
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

Variety of food was not enough in terms of not changing day by day. OK if you stay 3 nights, but for a week?! The chef should have at least a week long different menu. Pizza, pasta, french fries as everyday choice for mainstreamers ok, but maybe different fishfood as main course or different ways of preparing it. Reservation needed restaurant could have different menues (3 types per week). I went there 3 times because it was not as noisy as the main dining area although choice is limited in comparision, and it is self service as for the starter an desserts. Only main is brought by the waiter. Hotel is a bit dated, not very well kept, decay is seen here and there... It is a pity, because of unbeatable location and delicios food, goodhearted personnel. Deserves a good facelift. Children guests tend to be noisily stomping up and down on the corridor in front of the doors. It is very noisy. Maybe parents should be notified. They do not know or simply careless... but a sign asking for silence or just a sentence on the arrival note about it may help. People want to relax and not disturbed.

Situation with being right on the shore is good selling point. Food is delicious. A lot of greenery, well manicured garden! When Fuerteventura is bare all over, this hotel features a palm tree garden and fluffy green grass.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Nice place,good staff

There were missing escursion organised from the hotel... The mattress was too hard The beach volley was dangerous

The staff of the restaurant was very friendly as well on the reception very helpful to organise some trip around the hotel

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Good place would return.
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

Guess a little dated in parts but not shabby.

It was all inclusive. Easy to find and plenty of parking. Great staff and buffet food choices wide and varied.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

It's not a 4 stars hotel, 2.5 at the most

I can't eat gluten and they didn't have any pasta, pizza, decent bread, cereal, cakes and so on without it. I spoke with the director and the response she gave me was spooling. She said that it cost them a lot of money to get a decent bread from the super market only for 1 person. In addition, she said that I should have let the hotel know about it. I responded that I let booking.com about it when I booked the hotel, 2 months in advance. She responded that the hotel didn't receive a notification from booking.com re: I can't eat gluten. How can she know this? I thought. She didn't go and check my booking so I can she give me such answer without checking it first? It is clear that she didn't know what to say because they were unprepared, this is all but not a professional way of working, of dealing with costumes. I was really disappointed, unprofessional

The outside area, food and some members of the stuff

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Large, basic hotel, with good food in the buffet restaurant.

The evening entertainment was awful. Due to the hotel location there was no where else to go. The all inclusive drinks ended at 11pm The Al a carte restaurant was very poor,only 1 waiter and the starter salad bar and desserts not good. The steak was like rubber. The rooms were very basic, although clean. Complementary toiletries were travel size and only available on arrival. Even when used they were never replaced in our 10 day stay. Several times we came back to the room and there were no towels due to laundry problems, which doesn't help guests who are waiting to shower after being on the beach.

The food was good. Plenty of Sun beds. Direct access to the beach.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Good food, big room, beautiful garden

Terrible wifi: ok for only whatsapp, very old and not good smelling towels, old bed sheets, pool is very shallow (110 cm), beach is far from being what you see in the pictures, bad light at night in the room, no light in the balcony, no room cleaning twice a week.

Good food, big room, beautiful garden

Great staff and service.

Beds were uncomfortable, room a little dated.

Great staff and service. Good outdoor space and pools.

The hotel has direct entrance to the beach
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Outside floor tiles are realy bad dangerous, gym area was quite dangerous and old

The hotel has direct entrance to the beach

Relaxing winter be
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

The air conditioning in the room could have been better

Having wi-fi in the room was great! Enjoyed having use of the sauna and gym.

Too many old people

Too many old people

A bit old fashioned and needs renovation but worth the money

Great food, great friendly staff, nice quiet area, hotel close to the beach, very clean

Bed was so uncomfortable
    • Standard Double Room (3 Adults)

Bed was so uncomfortable

A relaxed family holiday
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Hotel needs updating - a little worn looking

Relaxed environment friendly staff great for kids - plenty of entertainment

Big rooms, good location, good food.

Old beds and other furniture, hotel needs renovation

Big rooms, good location, good food.

Hotel cry for renovation
    • Standard Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Dirty, old fashion, chloride stinky hotel. Inside river without water ! Cloudy water in old pool.

Location close to see

Horrible

Todo

Horrible

We had a great time and really enjoyed it
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Bed a bit uncomfortable

Pool the activities closeness to the beach

entertainment, live music, food,
    • Family Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

pool with sea water

entertainment, live music, food,

Nice place to relax!

Very relaxing and beautiful place! Nice and diverse food!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Just very relaxing and chilled

Just very relaxing and chilled

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Hotel is very clean, the staff look after customer.

The bad and pillow

Quality Good price Location

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

ok if comfort not a priority

room was not very comfortable

dining experience/staff and food the highlight of the hotel

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Very friendly staff - I have stayed there 3 times now.
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

Very friendly staff - I have stayed there 3 times now. Very good standards of cleanliness everywhere.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Great place to stay.

water in the pool too cold, not heated in December

Food was excellent, staff very friendly, room comfortable,

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

It was kept clean.
    • Standard Double Room (1 adult)

No bottles water in the rooms

It was kept clean. Rooms were basic but sufficient for my stay

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Good sized accommodation

Food was mediocre

Size of room

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

beach very close to the hotel, good food, animation

slightly older hotel, flies in the dining room

beach very close to the hotel, good food, animation

• Reviewed: 20 November 2015

Direct access to beach.

Old equipment. Everything is pay 1 eur for short activity or pay deposit for usage.

Direct access to beach. Good food. Good staff. Nice swimmingpool, lots of beds to lay on.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

Nearly all of the staff are very friendly, even though the...

Long transfer from airport and taxi rates are around 80euros. Language barriers. A little lacking in adult entertainment.

Nearly all of the staff are very friendly, even though the language barrier did get in the way. Few staff speak English but all try to make your stay extremely pleasent. They can't do enough for you. Fantastic food, beach on door step, wonderfully manage bars and pool.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

I really liked the food.

There were big bugs walking outside and also inside of the building. Hotel was clean, it just requires renovation.

I really liked the food. There was always something to choose from. Hotel is serving international kitchen.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2015

the wifi at reception is free and very good

The sauna and fitness room are locked to prevent people from the beach using them. Very inconvenient for the paying guests.Guests who are entitled to use these facilities can be identified by the wrist band.

the wifi at reception is free and very good

• Reviewed: 18 May 2015

pool nice, tapas bar good, complimentary toiletries good

Not enough bars, very poor signs and directions, television area smelly, poor toilet facilities, hotel layout not good causing long walks to find areas, worst entertainment we have seen.

pool nice, tapas bar good, complimentary toiletries good

• Reviewed: 26 February 2016

Wonderful, green garden, ocean view, good, free internet in...

Wonderful, green garden, ocean view, good, free internet in the room, good food, nice staff, warm air is about 20 ° C in February.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

the personel was very kind, the food was delicious.

the personel was very kind, the food was delicious. The distance to the beach and ocean - very short.

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.