Reviews of Hotel Goartín This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Gerona , 32, Cruz de Humilladero, 29006 Malaga, Spain

#23 of 92 hotels in Malaga

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Pleasant hotel in a convenient location.

Nothing....... I don't like the pillows in Spain - too flat for me - not just at Hotel Goartin.

The reception staff were helpful, allowed me to leave the bag for a few hours after check out and located my next destination in Malaga on a map for me. The room was fine, bed comfortable. Cafes nearby.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Would happily use rhis hotel again.

No complaints, nothing unexpected.

Good value, clean and very welcoming staff. Secure underground parking good value too. Located 20/25 mins walk from city centre, right side of town for airport and rail and bus stations. Fitted the bill for us perfectly.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

This is a lovely, basic hotel, 30 minutes walk from the old...

This is a lovely, basic hotel, 30 minutes walk from the old centre of Malaga, but only 10 minutes walk from the bus and railway stations. Lots of restaurants and bars around. The hotel was spotless, and the staff were very friendly, and spoke good English. We would stay again.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

A good hotel in Cordoba

The location of the hotel is good, about 10-15 minutes walk from the train station and about 1km from the city centre, so a pleasant walk. The staff was very helpful and friendly, the room spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

It was clean.

There was nothing i didnt Like.. It was really excellent...

It was clean...good location near the bus station.. Just 30 minutes to the centre and to the beach... Price was good and staff was friendly...

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

It was good or the night, clean and quiet

Little away from town center but quit neighborhood but close to bus station is a plus

I did not have coffee or water I did not know I could get any I went out to get some bottled water.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Very good location near the bus station , a very good price...

Very good location near the bus station , a very good price and very clean . Good access to the Internet. Staff courteous and prompt. A little English will be fine. I recommend starting base for exploring the region in Seville, Cordoba, Granada, Gibraltar, Tangier.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

perfect

I DID not like that hotel is a bit distant from main Malaga historical monuments like Cathedral

I most like personal staff at reception because were very helpful and kind especially miss Natalija The hotel is small But Had all necessary facilities The hotel is very good if you whish to travel around the Costa del Sol because the bus stadion is very near

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Clean.

It’s around a half hour walk to the old town. Although parking is available, it was a bit tricky trying to initially park on a busy street to then have to go in to reception to get the keys for the car park.

Clean. Friendly staff. Parking is available for 9 euros per day.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Brief stay in Malaga

Would have been lovely if there had Been outside public space

Clean comfortable. 2 minutes walk bus for city centre and main train /bus station a 7 minute stroll

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Overall very good.Would stay there again.

We booked a twin room and the beds were a bit small.They were not the full size single bed.overa

Helpful staff,very near bus and train station.Nice bathroom with seperate showergel and shampoo.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Perhaps facility to make a hot drink in room would have been nice.

Very welcoming and friendly staff, excellent room, bonus having a lovely patio. Very comfortable and good facilities. Very nice cafe over road for breakfast.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Location was good for me because I came in by bus and needed...

Twin bed small and hard mattress by North American standards. Didn't like fact that small court yard off of room was accessible from public hallway window! Basically if my door/window was open anyone in the hotel could get into my room via the public hallway window!

Location was good for me because I came in by bus and needed to get to airport the next morning by train. It was also 20 mins walk to central Malaga

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

due to delayed flight we didn't actually get much time...
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

due to delayed flight we didn't actually get much time to use the facility, or go out nearby as we were planning to. However, the room was spotlessly clean and the receptionist was very friendly when we arrived at 2am! Good choice if you want to be near the train and bus station.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Quiet and clean

The bed is a little uncomfortable, but ok.

Close to train and bus stations. Room a little bit too small but very well organized. Very clean and very helpfull staff.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

ok

Must warn it's in the middle off nowhere felt like we stuck out like a sore thumb in the neighbourhood .you are a ten minute walk from shopping centres .ten from bus stop .but really far from city centre .If your not interested in shopping you will have to catch a bus to the city centre .The cathedral is worth a visit .Our room did smell really bad off smoke beds really uncomfortable .We only stayed two night because we had been to granada so needed closer for flight home

Friendly front desk

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Wonderful staff and a clean comfortable hotel with easy access to the city and onwards by train/air

The staff were so helpful and efficient. They assisted me with local information, made phone calls to assist me and were warm and friendly. They spoke good English too which made things easier.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

The Goartín met our needs perfectly before we travelled on to Seville the next day.

Tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms would have been nice.

The ladies we spoke to at the reception desk were lovely. Very kind, friendly and helpful. The hotel was spotlessly clean.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Lovely Hotel Close to the Train and Bus Stations.

The hotel is a gem of a place to stay if you want to be near the train and bus stations which are only a 15 minute walk away. The bedroom and bathroom were modern and comfortable and very clean. The staff were excellent. We only stayed for 1 night but would stay for longer.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Clean and comfortable and convenient

We were staying overnight to get a coach to seville the next day. Perfect location and the lady was very helpful. There are a lot of shops near by and a nice bar across the road. The room is very nice and spacious and clean

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

One of the best Malaga hotels !

Everything was fine.

It's been a couple of years since I last stayed at this hotel, it is still the best hotel I have stayed at in Malaga, cheerful staff, immaculate room....what more could you ask for !

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Good, well-situated hotel in Malaga

Unusual with a hotel that doesn't offer breakfast

Helpful in reception. Close to bus and train station, and lively neighbourhoods with plenty of small bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

A good choice for 1-2 nights

No breakfast, no minibar.

The hotel locates in walking distance from bus and railway station (10 min) and 25 min to the center (Alcasaba). It was teapot at reception but I did not use it. AC works well.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

Good hotel with modern facilities.

It is 15-20 minutes walk from train station or bus terminus and in a residential area. Lot of smoking smell was coming from other rooms and it was irritating as non smokers.

Good hotel with modern facilities. Good kebab place and a Teteria right opposite to it. On Sunday's both open quite late at night. Grab something before.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Convenient,clean, close to train & bus station, reasonably priced Malaga Hotel

Maybe a coffee machine in the reception area ( if there was one I wasn't aware of it ) so one can go down a take a coffee to the room.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody who has a flight next day. I stayed before at hotels close to the airport and paid three times as much and there was nothing around the hotel, not even a decent restaurant. The location of Goartin Hotel is great; walking distance to/from train & major bus station, to the center of town, museums, attractions. I had a single room, large enough for one person, simply decorated, very clean and comfortable. There was no noise from the street and the area appears generally to be quiet.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Good value stay.

All fine based on pre arrival expectations.

Good location a little distance from the city centre in a suburb with bars and restaurants nearby. Rooms were comfy and adequate for a short city break, staff were friendly enough. Facilities are basic but was as expected.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

Good hotel at walking distance of Malaga Bus & Train Stations

Wifi did not work well all the time.

The hotel is located very close to the Bus Station and Maria Zambrano Train Station and we spent here 4 nights among our daily trips around Malaga, walking to the Stations. Our room was comfortable and clean and had a cozy terrace; we highly appreciated that the hotel had a good heating system and in the room was warm when outside was very cold. The hotel staff was kind and competent, the wifi was free. The whole accommodation price had to be paid at check in. In the lobby there is a coffee machine, a microwave oven and some cups

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Still Number One in Malaga!

This was my SEVENTH visit to this hotel and it was better than ever. Since my last visit they have created some new rooms on the ground floor and I had one of those. It was wonderful! This place is still my first choice in Malaga by a long chalk.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

Everything.

Nothing to dislike

Everything. We stay here every time we arrive or depart Malaga as it is very convenient for transportation. It's a good hotel with excellent staff, clean quiet rooms at good prices.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Really clean!

Maybe have some tooth paste!

The hotel is just what we needed. A night to catch the renfe train the next day. It was super clean. The beds were average. I would definitely stay there again for my next trip. Cheap clean and located 5 mins away from be bus and train station.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Great place

-Just a small ''-'' for the acoustics- through the door you could hear some noises sometimes like the other guests snoring at night

-Close to the railway station/bus terminal -Elevator -Extremely clean -Beds very comfortable -Very kind staff at the reception -Air conditioning and Wifi working without problems

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

Good value near the train/bus stations

My room was just off the reception area and was a bit noisy when the staff were talking to each other.

Close to the bus and train stations. Easy to catch an early morning departure. Clean with a comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Convenient, Comfortable and Clean

My ground floor room smelt very strongly of smoke especially during the evening so much so that I continued to smell it on my clothes and belongings after I had left.

The hotel was close to the bus and train station. There were plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby. I was able to utilise a kettle from reception and the hotel very kindly stored my luggage for me between visits spaced over a week. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and I would be happy to choose to stay again.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Very happy with the hotel.

The TV had no english speaking channels. The location of the hotel was convenient for the train station but would not want to walk around the area at night.

Pleasant staff who were helpful. They let us leave our luggage as we had a late flight.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Decent hotel, value for money

- Wifi coverage can be improved. - Cleanliness can be improved.

- Value for money - Close to metro station - Friendly staff - Initially I had a room in which the wifi is too unstable. After mentioning to the staff, I can switch to another room solving the wifi issue the day after.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

For a short break this Is a nice little hotel, we would be happy to book again

Surrounding area not particularly attractive and building work up the road taking place at the time of our visit.

Walking distance of bus and train stations. Staff very friendly and helpful. Reasonable cafe bars across the road for drinks, tapa and meals. Secure underground parking for an additional fee

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Very convenient hotel for getting into Malaga. Quiet area. Lovely to have a terrace.

The room had a terrace (unexpected bonus). The proximity to the centre of Malaga - 20 minute walk. That we could, for a small extra cost, book a car parking space in the private underground car park next door - essential as the area is residential and parking is not easy.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

We arrived very late from a flight and the lady met us She...

We arrived very late from a flight and the lady met us She was very helpful getting us hot chocolate from the vending machine Also helped how to get to the bus station which was 10 mins walk as we had to change all our arrangements thanks to Monarch Airlines but we survived with this nice reasonable priced hotel which was very clean and tidy .

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

I recommend this lovely little hotel! Clean and welcoming.

The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and warm to the clientele. They made me feel comfortable, welcome and secure. I would certainly stay there again and also recommend it to others.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

very good accommodation, recommend.

The door of the room couldn't block the noise from the corridor, so in the evening it was a bit loud.

The ladies were very nice and helpful even without good English. Room seems to have been renovated, tidy and ordered. Location is good, not far from the long distance bus station.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2017

Memorable and Excellent customer service.

The hotel has excellent customer service. The hotel is located at a good distance from many places of interest, and the station, which is about 20 minutes from the airport.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2017

Would stay again

About 20 min walk from old town Irene on reception was very helpful Great value Lovely restaurants and bar across the street full of locals prices very reasonable in these places

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

Close to the bus/train station.

Area isn't too safe around it!! Don't walk alone!! Loud people sitting out on their balcony at 7am Unwelcomed morning call!! If your looking for an early night for your early morning flight ask for the rooms to the rear as the bars and kebab places are loud! The Cleaner opened our door at 7:45 ?

Close to the bus/train station. Only bonus!

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Good hotel near bus station

Wi-Fi signal was very weak in our room!

Hotel is close to bus station and to bus stop with connection to city center (by walk it is 25 minutes). It is comfortable with great bathroom.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

for price we paid hotel not bad in a nice area close to both train and bus stations

I'm not sure if I requested a non smoking room but our room was a bit smelly and double bed was small

Nice quiet area near public transport and close to really good and cheap Spanish tapas restaurants

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

Great location, spotlessly clean and outstanding value.

Love everything about the Don Paula.

Don Paula is at the budget end of the market but it is spotlessly clean, with small but not tiny rooms, modern furnishings and a modern bathroom. The large window ensures it is very bright and it is as quiet a place as you can get - especially given its excellent location. It is in the old town barely five minutes from the Mesquita; but only two minutes from the shopping streets of the newer area of town. This is the third time I have stayed here and it is as good value for money as I have ever had.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

The room is good and it is a good value for money.

The bed is a bit small for two persons and we saw ants on the room climbing on our apples on the desk. The location is a bit far from the touristic attractions but it is close to the central autobus station.

The room is good and it is a good value for money.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

We stayed one night as we had an early flight to UK the...
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

We stayed one night as we had an early flight to UK the following morning. The hotel is lovely and we had a lovely terrace at the back of our 1st floor room. The train station to tale you to the sirport is very close by and the train is three stops to the sirport. We would come bsck here for s longer stay to explore more of sMalaga as it is not a paricularly long walk to the centre of this accessable city

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Very good small hotel, helpful staff location could be better.
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Grotty location, very difficult and unappealing to walk to the old town from there.

The staff are brilliant and went out of there way to make our visit good. Comfortable room with good facilities and pretty terrace. Excellent cleanliness everywhere, the room, lift and staircase. Flowers and pkants.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

Lovely accommodation and very pleasant staff. Very convenient to the train and bus stations.

No safe in your own room. Very slippy getting in and out of the bath, shower is over the bath. No English channels on the tv.

Lovely, modern, clean and good sized accommodation. Electric blinds on windows for added security.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

Very good hotel for 2 stars, quite impressed by the room and...

Little bit far away from everything, but transport is ok. Staff is very helpfull and nice but English is not their strongest point:) anyway this is not really a problem

Very good hotel for 2 stars, quite impressed by the room and everything.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Málaga hotel

Stayed before at goartin, reception very helpful, lovely clean room and a brilliant tapas bar opposite. We did walk around and felt quite safe. Would use the hotel again. Stayed here as we had early morning flight from Málaga.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Within walking distance from the bus / train stations,...

Walk to centre was a bit far, but you can take a bus or taxi from the bus station if required

Within walking distance from the bus / train stations, handy when arriving from the airport or if you are travelling outside of Malaga. However 25 mins walk from centre, which though good exercise, to bear in mind. Facilities wise, provided you are not fussed about breakfast, or a minibar, couldn't ask for anything more. Comfort and bathroom facilities as good as a higher star hotel

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Warm and welcoming and at the heart of the local bar/restaurant scene which was very family oriented

for us this spot was the business !!

comfortable and functional, the two people in reception were very friendly and helpful, they directed us across the street to an excellent tapas pub frequented by the local people so very buzzy and friendly and next door to an ice cream parlour !! Will stay in this hotel again.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2017

Confortable, convenient and value for money for an overnight stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Often had to ring for entry, as the repectionist seemed to have other jobs, and not always at the desk. Sometimes simplicity was pared down too much - no glasses in bathroom was annoying.

A basic hotel, close to the stations, and very convenient. Not a place for a holiday, but great for overnight if you have to make connections. Decor was clean and pleasant. We booked a room with a terrace, which was well worth it, as the terrace was also well decorated, and gave a pleasant outlook.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Great hotel!

The city center (Cathedral, Picasso Museum, etc) is 30 min away by foot. There is the metro & bus though, so if you are not that much into walking that should not be a problem.

It is the best quality hotel available in Malaga for its price range. The interiors look brand new and modern, the staff is helpful and the location is very practical either for going to the beach or as a starting point for trips around the Costa del Sol. Although it is close to the train station, the area is not the usual dodgy neighborhood you would find in similar locations in many other big cities. It is actually very lively, close to countless shop, restaurants and terraces, and it feels much more authentically Spanish than the cosmetized Malaga historical center.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

Pleasant hotel with a garage, half an hour walk to city centre

The location is really not that convenient for those who want to visit the city on foot and make the best of their time. Next time I would choose somewhere closer to the centre. It took us half an hour walking to the center through the part of town which was safe, but not particularly attractive. We were told there are 2 bus lines stopping nearby.

This hotel was really ok, I have no objections. We slept well, there was enough room for the suitcases, although the room was not big. It was clean and the receptionsts were good. The garage is next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

Good hotel, very clean

A minibar in the room would be excellent; not suitable if you want to be close to the beach.

Good location near the main bus station (we had to take the bus to Granada the next morning) and 2 shopping malls; lots of restaurants and supermarkets nearby; very clean and very polite staff; good room size for 2 persons; they have an elevator, so you don't have to carry your luggage up the stairs.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Hotel was OK, beds are bad. Location is good, you have everything within walking distance

All beds in the hotel room were old, you could feel the springs through it. Furthermore they should announce in advance that the parking costs 9 euro per night below the hotel, free parking at the street is almost impossible to find.

The room was OK. You have enough space and the bathroom was clean. A good airco system is available in the room. Furthemore the (historic) city centre is available in a 30 minutes walk. Enough restaurants, shops and bars are available around the hotel. In the evening you find many people in the Streets and you can have a great Spanish diner.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2017

Nice place to stay

The room was very clean everything is new,the room is large and confortable and the bathroom as well.15 minutes walk from the railway station;good connection (close bus stop,5 min walking)by bus to the city center.Nice and polite staff.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2017

Nice little budget hotel .

The staff were very friendly and gave us recommendation for a local restaurant .The area is a bit far from the historic centre but near to the bus and train stations and is ideal for a few nights stay .The room as clean and certainly good value for the money .

• Reviewed: May 11, 2017

Don't be put off by the facade

An ordinary exterior hides a very pleasant, friendly hotel. 5 minutes taxi from the Ave station (walkable if you don't have a suitcase). No breakfast or meal facilities but right across the street are very acceptable bars and cafes. Also within a few minutes walk are two Michelin starred restaurants. Would stay again

• Reviewed: May 7, 2017

Hotel close to bus and train station

The walls are very thin so you can really hear the neighbours...

Great location if you need the bus or train station. There is a great Kebab place opposite the hotel serving cheap dinner. For breakfast go to La Canasta that is only 3 mins walk from the hotel, you won't regret :)

• Reviewed: May 6, 2017

Room very clean, and the patio was a nice surprise.

Room very clean, and the patio was a nice surprise. All in all, nice hotel. Only stayed for one night as we were catching an early bus. About 10min walk to bus/train stations and about 30min walk from the old town. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Good for a short stay

Hotel is located fairly close to main train / bus station, but in a residential rather than touristic area. It was totally fine for my purpose, but walking across the city for all the entertainment may get a bit annoying if you have to do it daily. Breakfast is not provided, so you'll have to take care of it on your own.

I was having a short retriet to Spain and logistics-wise it was easier to be based in Malaga (was visiting Granada as well). Room was clean and of an adequate size, the stuff was helpful and willing to provide all the information I was asking for. Hotel is located in a queit residential area, within 10 minutes of walking from Maria Zimbrano train / bus station (that's where you normally arrive when going from the airport). Supermarket (ALDI) is less than 5 minutes walking away. A very nice family-run Italian restaurant is around the corner. Overall I was quite happy with the value for money.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Very near to railway station and bus stop.

Blanket was not provided by default. I have to ask for it, but when asked then it was provided happily.

Very near to railway station and bus stop. (5-7 minutes by walk). Very clean. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Convenient overnight stop

Unfortunately noise travelled easily between rooms so a crying baby could easily be heard. Earplugs were needed to sleep.

Clean and convenient for the bus/train station.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Great place to stay!

This is the 5th time I have stayed at this property. I really like it because it is very close to the bus and train station and easy to get to and great for early train or plane flights out of Malaga. The hotel is fairly new so it is nice and modern and clean. The staff is awesome! No breakfast is served. The wifi is very good, they have an elevator, the rooms have triple paned windows so even though you may have a room facing the street, it is very quiet. This property is right across the street from some cafes, a block from the bus station that will take you closer to the old city. It is well priced. Beds are comfortable, plenty of hot water in the shower, and nice towels.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2017

Very good stay

breakfast not available

The room was good size and extra clean with all amenities fully working. Such a comfortable bed ... Very kind and helpful staff, conveniently located at walking distance to bus/train station. A little bit far away from city centre (25/30 minutes on foot), but taxies are plentiful and decently priced, 4.5 to 7 euros from bus station to Cathedral. Excellent choice anyway, would return

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

One nighters handy for airport bus/train connection

A little further from the centre then I thought from reading the hotel details. It was about 25 mins walk to the centre, from reviews I thought it was about 10-15 mins only.

Clean and spacious, confortable, good power from shower. Staff helpful in giving directions and helpful info as we were visiting Malaga for the first time. 5 mins walk to main bus and train stations, si easy access to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2017

Adequate for a short stay.

No central heating/air conditioning which would have been useful in February. Location, although only ten minutes walk from train and bus stations, not a very salubrious area.

We were able to leave our cases and the staff later put them in our room for us.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2017

Cheap and convenient

The staff did not speak English at the reception. (They understood what you said but response everything in Spanish.)

Near bus station, cheap, 24 hours reception.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

A great surprise stay at the Goartin.

We couldn't fault a thing - for the price, it exceeded our expectations!

This hotel is in such a great location - and not in the normal tourist part of Malaga. It is a 10 minute walk to the main bus and train stations and there are local cafes, restaurants, bakeries and supermarkets. It is the sort of place that would be perfect for a short stopover. 15 minute walk to the city centre and to the beach. The rooms are modern and very clean and there was a microwave, kettle and vending machine in the small salon downstairs where you could make something small. The staff were wonderful - efficient and very helpful. This is not a hotel to lounge around in your room - you don't need to. Fantastic local restaurants for those who dare - try the Mexican, Ángeles, Chiles y Demonios, just round the corner - don't be put off by the outward appearance, food was amazing. We will stay here again!

• Reviewed: January 26, 2017

Modern &clean small hotel with nice staff & 24 hr reception

They don't serve breakfast; I think you could get a tea or coffee / cold drink in reception.

Great location - away from the tourists ha ha ! A busy taxi rank 200 yds away. Tapas bar on the same street; supermarkets close by. Fifteen minutes on foot to railway station or sea front 'paseo' (5€ taxi) aeropuerto €20

• Reviewed: January 12, 2017

Lovely staff.

Noise from other rooms does travel but slept well.

Lovely staff. Only there for one night. Very convenient for train and bus station. Our room ( 16) had a lovely terrace. In warmer times would be nice to have that room again.

Browse Hotel Goartín Traveler Photo Gallery