Reviews of Meliá Salinas - Adults Recommended 5 stars

Avenida Islas Canarias S/N, 35508 Costa Teguise, Spain

#25 of 74 hotels in Costa Teguise

Average hotel and would have reservations about returning
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

Pool was in a poor state needs a lot of attention large cracks which could habour germs. It was often not clean I would not use it. Also saw at least 5 cockroaches which was very alarming and the whole building needs a facelift looks very tired

The room was very nice food was good.

The hotel has a really beautiful design, it's just a bit...
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

What was really bad was that you can hear literally every slightest noise in your room, the doors (also quite old it seems) don't isolate any of the noises from the neighboring rooms or the hallway. This definitely needs to be improved. The food at the pool bar was not great, small portion for a high price and the taste was not great either.

The hotel has a really beautiful design, it's just a bit old (for example the floor around the pool has cracks and some pool loungers were in a bad state) but this didn't bother me. The food at the spices restaurant (evening and breakfast) was okay, some things were really good and you have quite a large choice. I definitely recommend having pasta for dinner at the Casa Nostra restaurant, they tasted very good and the ambience in this restaurant is great. The rooms were very clean, the cleaning ladies did a great job. Only the cushion and blankets inside the bed linens were partly yellow and had some spots but this seemed like things that couldn't be removed by washing. The bed linen were perfectly fine so this didn't bother me a lot either. Reception service was very friendly and accommodating.

Lovely location, friendly attentive staff. The hotel needs a revamp and the pool a good clean.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The hotel needs a revamp. The pool a good clean. More umbrrellas around the pool side.

The location is great, interesting designed hotel. Amazing friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

All in all,one of the nicest holidays we had
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The floor surface on swimming pool area painted in white,very slippery and dangerous

The room was small but with comfortable bed and nice terrace .Breakfast rich with whatever your heart(stomach) desires. We had only breakfast included,was enough though,because we liked to explore other restaurants in the area,recommendation for VillaToledo .

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

was clean, nice room, good price, nice staff, clean pool,...
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Food was really, really bad. Location was very touristic. Some areas of the hotel, like a second pool and even a restaurant were restricted to normal residents.

was clean, nice room, good price, nice staff, clean pool, quiet

A great holiday in a lovely hotel.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Only a few points to improve on. There were quite a few broken sunbeds around the pool which does need addressing. Also the website implies there are water sports at the hotel, this is not the case, this was disappointing as it was one of the reasons I booked. There is however, a great windsurfing school 5 minutes walk away. The hotel does need a lick of paint in a few areas but this was being addressed while we were there with no disruption at all.

The hotel is lovely. Contrary to what some reviews say. We were greeted with a glass of fizz and information about the hotel and surrounding area which was very useful. The staff are also very helpful and professional. The beds are very comfortable and our room was modern and had everything we needed. Food is reasonably priced and room service was prompt. There is a large variety to choose from for breakfast including gluten free options which was a must for us. The pool is wonderful, clean, quiet and beautifully designed by a local artist. There were fitness classes in the pool that were always well attended. Live music was also provided at the pool, jazz and mellow tunes. The hotel operates a policy were you cannot reserve sunbeds which seems to be adhered to by most guests which is a major plus for me. The views from the hotel are stunning and made easy to appreciate by glass panelling in the balconies in the rooms, a great place to sit and enjoy a drink at the end of the day. The hotel does have cats in the grounds but they don’t bother anyone and are clean and well fed, they are not feral or rampant as suggested by some.. and if you like animals you will love to watch them play on the grass. There is also a very cool beach bar next to the hotel which serve amazing cocktails.. this is not part of the hotel but appears on the website to be part of Meliá.

Nice stay
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Security wasn't very tight around the poolside as we nearly got robbed. Someone had got through the gates and was searching through my bag. Luckily my fiance caught him. They ended up in a scuffle until the thief ran off. We were left very shaken and upset. I felt nervous for the rest of the time then. Also on another day 10 or so young lads about 12-15 years old arrived at the pool. They were climbing and jumping over the rocks, bombing in the pool, spitting in the pool and on the side. It took for 3 guests to go to reception before anyone did anything about it! Again security not secure.

The pool area was lovely, like a lagoon. The pool guy was always keeping it clean. It was nice to have live music around the pool some afternoons. Our room was cleaned everyday. The rooms were nice and spacious and the bed was extra comfy.

Lovely hotel, but not as good as it could be.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View (1 Adult)

The upgrade per day to The Level was 40 euros per day, and although the pool was lovely and the apperitivo time great, I'm really not sure it's worth doing everyday. My sister's Junior Suite was definitely not worth the extra cost. And although the staff were very nice, they weren't that clear or forthcoming, it was confusing as to what was included in the upgrade, timings etc, when asking how to sign up for the classes no-one seemed to know (one receptionists's helpful response was "no idea). I even asked to pay for an upgrade to enjoy the benefits of the Level but was told I couldn't as I'd booked a non-refundable room (in hindsight glad I didn't bother). Although lots of it and wide variety, the breakfast was pretty average quality.

My room was really lovely, recently updated, private terrace, great shower, clean. Well equipped gym for a hotel, lots of classes and nice staff. Very generous breakfast buffet :)

Anniversery stay
    • The Level Grand Suite

Sorry to say the quality of the room was dated with damaged and worn furniture floor tiles damaged hot tub and Jacuzzi did not work

Staff were amazing the level facilities were first rate

Awesome hotel with awesome views!
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

The friendly staff, the great food, the beautiful view from the room, the awesome swimming pool and the most unique of all: the tropical garden in the middle of the hotel- simply astonishing! Would definitely recommend this for any couple looking for a couple of days of relaxation and romance

Under whelming! Will never return!
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Had to pay €40 extra per day for best pool area which was used in marketing material to promote hotel!!!! So all in all not happy at all! Didn’t pay so ended up goi g out every day because standard pool area was basic and busy !

Big and comfortable bed, clean room good balcony

Nice
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

I didn’t like the point that you cannot buy a bottle of wine through service room or the hotel bar after 00:00. That’s point has really to be improved I think specially when you are on holiday

The pool Easy accès to the beach

Beautiful surroundings, very quite and nice located hotel
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

I was disappointed that the sauna and jacuzzi weren’t available due to burnt but I completely understand that this happened. I was just unlucky that this happened during my stay. But it’s not a big deal, the hotel have much more facilities :)

I like very much the gardens, good food with the gluten free options and special big thank you to the guy who prepared for me and my friend gluten free options whilst he was very friendly. Also the swimming pools were extraordinary.

Hotel was quite nice. Staff were friendly. Food was ok. Good breakfast.
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

The food was ok. One night, things were over cooked the next night a different chef was on and things were slightly undercooked.

The bed was huge and really comfy.

Overall it was a very pleasant and comfortable stay.
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

Would have been great to have some more vegetarian choices at breakfast; At times, there was a strange smell in the bathroom, however I have to admit we did not complain about it during the stay Just a suggestion, maybe they could invest in some smart TV boxes that allow streaming your Netflix from personal devices, however we were not keen on watching TV on our holiday..

The room was spacious, modern and very clean, extra large bed and very comfortable, fresh towels and bed linen also beach towels, the housekeeping and the reception staff were courteous and very helpful, many thanks to Elena, beautiful sea view, nice pool and beach area, gym and free access to the tennis courts and a cute little bar next to the exit by the beach. The hotel has also a very interesting and unique indoor garden. The hotel is close to many restaurants bars and shops nearby. They have also sent us a bottle of cava as a birthday gift upon our arrival, really appreciated it:)

It was close to the beach and quiet
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The supplement to use the garden villa pool and spa €40 a day is far to expensive . Also all the towels where changed the bed linen wasn’t fresh & the pool wasn’t cleaned around the edges.

It was close to the beach and quiet

Really lovely hotel with very friendly staff
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

We were very unlucky in that the weather wasn’t great (thick clouds and very cold wind)and only one and half day’s sun in a week. Thetefore we found it very cold in the restaurants - both breakfast and especially the evenings. Definitely not the hotels fault - and wouldn’t be a problem in the summer.

The room was lovely - bed very comfortable and the bathroom/ shower really nice. Food was nice, and restaurant staff very friendly. The pool is lovely and lots of shade available when the sun comes out.

We enjoyed our stay, and understand that the hotel is undergoing much needed renovation!!!!
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The cooked food was very poor and of a very low standard with NO, if little taste and quality, every night (and morning) of our stay. Everyday there were cups,glasses etc left around the hotel for many hours before being collected.

The staff (that are left during the renovation) were very welcoming and friendly. The starter/salad buffet was very good (no cooking required).

We had a wonderful relaxing stay in this superb hotel.
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

Attentive and kind staff, especially the front desk when we had some car trouble. Great room, great pool and bar, and we also enjoyed the beach bar. Well located for exploring Costa Teguise, but not in a noisy area. Breakfast was great with a wide range of choices and the food at the pool bar was good too. We loved it all!

The hotel structure and rooms are very nice and with great...
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

We had severe problems with the standard of the food and drinks, even to the point where my fiancé was ill on many of the days. We had all inclusive otherwise we would have eaten outside the resort (which we did regardless). We will not return to the property and we wouldn’t advise it to friends or family due to the food and drink.

The hotel structure and rooms are very nice and with great views from the balcony

Beds are very comfortable. Hotel deserves 4,5 stars rating.
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View (1 Adult)

No longchairs on the beach. The door at room 216 was hard to open without sunstantial efforts) And you cant eat lunch right next to swimming pool having your bathing suit on. They make you going to take on something just to seat at the plastic table 30 meteres further from the pool)

Hotel has nice territory and beautiful garden right in the middle of the premises. Superbreakfast with best squeezed orange juice I ve ever tasted

Overall, really enjoyed our stay.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Once the cups/mugs in our room had been used, they weren't replaced. We were left with dirty cups/mugs for a couple of days. Restaurant didn't seem to have enough waiters for the amount of tables/guests.

The bed was very comfy, room and hotel very clean. Entertainment on an evening was good, and our room had a lovely view.

A fab hotel in a great location in Costa Teguise
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Just got back from a 10night stay at the hotel, a great holiday & great hotel. Initially I was in a room which I wasn't happy with as the balcony didn't get any sun, I asked if I could change to another room, which the staff at reception were very helpful and were determined that I would be moved to another room which I was happy with.

Great break
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The price at the bar was a Little steep as there are cheeper bars all around But expected as they always seem to be more expensive in hotels

Ideally located next to beach with a great beach bar The breakfast which was included was fantastic with everything for everyone and the staff so friendly Great

Great beach front location and surrounding amenities and good restaurants nearby.
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View (1 Adult)

I specifically paid more to have a room with a sea view - ie next to the sea, just like in the photo. When I arrived, the guy at the reception told me that rooms were fully booked but I was being upgraded to a suite. When I asked if there is a sea view, he said yes. Although the suite was huge, it was right in front of a the pool bar (noise, people -not for me) and the beach was further away. I basically had to strongly insist on a room that I had booked in the first place. 3rd luck's the charm and only after I challenged them on the sea-view photos posted on Booking.com, that I was finally given a room on the 4th floor that is closer to the sea. I would have rated this hotel higher if I wasn't aggravated on my first day.

Breakfast buffet choices were great. Private beach access and hotel is right on the main street with nearby supermarket, pharmacy, restaurants and shops. Service was excellent especially the ones at the restaurant. The dinner buffet had a lot of choices but food was not good. I discovered some good restaurants -my favourite was El Bocadito.

They are not professional and do not deserve 5* title.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

We’ve checked in at 10am and the receptionist told us she will let us know before regular hour (3pm) whenever the room was ready. We came back to the hotel and saw everybody, arrived after us, going straight up to their rooms. Receptionist didn’t do her job. After we asked for the room we’ve been lead to the room 026 that was simply embarrassing. It was dirty and in a very messy state. Bathroom wasn’t clean: hairs everywhere. The room wasn’t clean. The walls were in a very bad state. Seemed abandoned. Under the bad, dirt. Over the facilities: dirt. Missing lamps. Mini bar empty at all and the fridge switched off. Signs on the walls. Phone to call reception not working at all. Nobody took care of that room and it wasn’t at all the room to give to a client. But maybe we were young and good candidates to be ok with that facility. We’ve asked to talk to a responsible of the hotel because the bathroom wasn’t clean: we’ve been sent a cleaning lady. I told her to stay out of my room. It wasn’t about cleaning it, it was about showing it to the manager. That other two ladies arrived: i’ve Asked if they were managers, they said they were, but they weren’t. They were other cleaning ladies; they did also were disliked by the fact we were Italians and pretended a better service. I’ve asked them to go out of my room and to send me a manager. After a parade of all technicians that should have came to do their job before the room was given me: cleaning ladies, mini bar refiler, electricians for the missing lamps... All of them were asked to stay out of my room. Finally a the manager arrived, but... He only spoke French and Spanish. Really? You're a 5* hotel and your staff (the high-level one) don't speak English? Are you joking? They tried to seem it was normal. Well, even this manager has been rejected and told us that in 5 mins another manager should arrive. After half hour nobody did. I went to the reception and asked for a manager again. After 40 mins it has arrived.

The location in Costa Teguise is very comfortable.

It was ok but could be improved.
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

Having to wait to check in. Waited 4 hours because we arrived early which was ok because of travel arrangements out of our control. At 3.00pm room still not ready. When it was, priority was given to 20 odd new guest swho just arrived. 3.45pm before we got our room. Would have been nice to been offered hospitality which is the norm in many places. Breakfast was ok but good selection. Very German orientated breakfast.

Dated rooms which need attention and cleaners not the greatest

Good location on Costa Teguise, but not 5 star worthy.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Food wasn’t to my expectations. One meal in the a la carte restaurant made me feel not well afterwards and service was very bad—we had to wait 10 minutes just to order a drink. The wait staff in the buffet restaurant was sometimes a little rushed/not friendly. Pool area needs to be renovated to look more like the pool on the Level which just had nice clean tiles. Main pool had paint stripped off and rust on the furniture. Broken loungers were dotted around. Not a 5 Star feeling.

Good location in Costa Teguise and most of the staff were quite friendly.

The Meliá Salinas is an excellent hotel, staff very friendly...

Nothing ball good

The Meliá Salinas is an excellent hotel, staff very friendly and helpful, food is very good, public areas are clean and well maintained. The room was of a high standard. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

I loved the huge bed, the room and the black cat who met me...
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View (1 Adult)

Limited choice of seafood in the spices restaurant, although the choice was good in general.

I loved the huge bed, the room and the black cat who met me in front of the hotel every morning. The massage I booked was excellent.

The service was at any moment reachable and nice.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Melia Salinas is a very good option if you decide to expend your holidays in Lanzarote, well located with nice swimming pool and the beach can not be closer. However and considering that it is a 5 start hotel, there are some points I would encourage them to improve: - when we arrived, they told us our room was not ready. Of course that wasn´t an issue for us since the waiter at the bar told us that in the meanwhile we could go to the market in Tahiche and it turned to be very nice! However they promised they would call us once the room was ready and they never did - It is true we were there on holidays, but in 2018 every one likes to be connected. Internet was very slow, we could not browser some of the websites and impossible to FaceTime. - The hotel has a very nice design from the 70´s, with a little bit more Maintenance it would look even better! - We booked a massage/jacuzzi at the spa and it was lovely, downside is that we had to pay on the spot since we couldn’t charge it to the room...not used to bring the credit card to a spa.

The service was at any moment reachable and nice. The room was conformtable and recently renovated. Breakfast offers everything and it is always nice to enjoy breakfast and observing the nice murals that Cesar Manrique designed for the hotel.

Lovely hotel with excellent service, food and staff. Would go back for another stay.
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

To use additional facilities was very expensive i.e spa and separate restaurant.

staff very friendly and helpful, lovely welcome, clean, food and service was excellent

Stayed here last year and returned as it was just fabulous. Will come again for sure :)
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Wished we'd been able to 'spot the frogs' in the huge garden and water feature in the reception :(

Great location, close to bike hire shop, coast. Beautiful reception area. Fabulous breakfast. Lovely room and balcony. Enjoyed the entertainment and free welcome drink. Gym, stretch class were great.

Very pleasant hotel, attentive staff.
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

This is an older hotel, very interesting 1970's design , very attractive though perhaps showing it's age. I imagine it is hard to keep a concrete finish up to scratch, there were areas that needed repair though I gather the hotel is closed soon for a couple of months for decoration so maybe we saw it at the wrong time. Our room was a smaller sea view suite, we did have a lovely sea view. The bathroom was very clean though there was a small leak from the toilet. The shower was in the bath which was slippy, maybe a rubber mat would help. The shelving unit in the bedroom was mounted on a single steel support , the shelves had a tilt. The general feeling was that this room was a little unloved.

Staff helpful and informative. Room cleaned promptly. The internal garden was lovely, I imagine it is at it's best in Summer when is would be a calm cool place to relax around. Loved having a yoga class every day, particularly as the weather was poor during our stay.

A relaxing week in a lovely hotel where the staff do everything they can to make your stay memorabl.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Really can't think of anything, maybe the drinks were a little expensive but there are alternatives!

The whole hotel was beautifully clean, staff were amazing and the food was very good. Our bed was huge & comfortable and the shower was good.

Enjoyable but probably the last time we will stay here
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

The all inclusive was far form the description. The buffet all inclusive and reasonably good. The majority of the lunch bar meals are bit all inclusive. Very limited. The bar was all inclusive but there are limitations on brands with some being substituted for alternatives not even close to the brand leaders. The mini bar in the room is limited and only what is in the bar on arrival is all inclusive. Any refills are chargeable which is not as described and the bar is only refilled when it is emptied. Not great as water for example should always be in the room.

Staff are extremely friendly and the service was excellent. We have stayed here 4 times now and the rooms are being updated to a good standard.

Attractive hotel with excellent catering and other facilities.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Parking limited, but on-street and public car parks available close by.

Large sub-tropical gardens throughout the interior of the hotel provided an air of luxury. Food excellent and very reasonably priced by comparison with local restaurants which provided much less choice. Both the pool and the beach beyond it were clean and attractive and easily accessible. Beach towels provided in room. Good balcony. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Chilled, relaxed stay.
    • The Level Villa with Garden View

Booked a Garden Villa B&B for 1 week. The Villa was perfect, covered Gazebo (where breakfast was delivered and set up for us), Bali Bed, sunloungers, covered seating area, small private pool, outdoor shower, sunken bath, fresh flowers, fruit daily. Housekeeping brilliant, staff friendly and welcoming. We only went to The Level pool (adults only) which was lovely. As Level customers you have complementary canapés and drinks in The Sanctuary daily @ 5.00pm, what a perfect way to chill out. There is a delightful beach bar and it is only a short stroll to Costa Teguise Square where we had dinner each evening. We only used The Level facilities, so I can’t comment on the other option, but we had a super chilled week and will definitely be happy to return.

In this five star hotel you have a choice: shower or shower
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

Only shower not bath as booked. When complained told that No baths in future in Melia. They should therefore be advertised as shower rooms.

View. Food. Staff.

Like in Paradise
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is great with beautiful gardens, swimming pools, great food in restaurant and great stuff. Especialmente Mr Perez from O Grille restaurant is wonderful person, with nice sense of humor and very helpful. He is really a great person !

Very nice with a couple of "buts"
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

the time they keep you waiting for a room. We arrived at noon and we got the room at 3pm.....in this they could be a bit more flexible. They make you pay for water during dinner time while during breakfast you can have prosecco for free. Very odd! At the pool we had the annoying drilling of some builders all the week, whom there were working on the premises facing the pool area.

The hotel is really nice, amazing swimming pool, quite and spacious rooms, comfy beds, great breakfast and dinner selection. Special thanks to the lovely lady that serve food at the buffet and at the tables. Despite the fact that they don't speak English, they were really kind.

Loud construction works in progress!!
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

It should have been made a lot clearer as to the extent of the building works. On Monday, our first day at the hotel, we had to listen to two concrete breaking hammers and an angle grinder all day, we moved down to the beach but could still hear the construction works! This continued all week, on one day this started before 8am! The works were directly above the pool area and no barrier from the noise was in place. On a UK construction site the contractor would have set up a safe zone to keep people away from the noise, this was over 85db at the pool, we should all have been given hearing protection. It was possible to hear the works some 300m away from the Hotel in the town. The stairs had a layer of dust on them that was more than a week old! The hotel is a concrete structure and the building works echoed throughout! In our room the acoustics where so bad that you could hear everyone walking past the door. In the WC the ventilation pipe meant that you could hear next door in their bathroom. We had a room that looked to have been renovated, the mix of old mahogany and new flat pack chipboard furniture isn’t very elegant at all. In the bathroom the facilities are good and fresh, good fittings, however some of the workmanship is poor, sealants especially. The main dining hall is very dated, with a thick layer of dust on the glass roof. The sanctuary by levels looked to be the 5star area of the hotel but was a further 40euros per head for access. The building is clearly dated, flakey paint throughout and patch repairs to the concrete. This is far from a 5star Hotel On the bookings.com they show this as a kite surfing destination, with kites on the beach in the photos, this is not a kiting destination,, the launch/landing area is very dangerous, very rocky and two harbour walls to go out past to the sea, this was very misleading! It is possible to kite here, but not worth the risk

Lots of choice at breakfast but the quality of the meats could have been better, tropical garden inside looked good and lovely to walk through. The pool area is quite nice, when the building works aren’t going on! Beach bar is the best part of the hotel, massages were good,

Would not go back!
    • The Level Villa with Garden View

We went All Inclusive but we did not receive All Inclusive as we had to pay for room service and to eat at the level pool bar. Also only buffet food for breakfast, lunch and dinner which was always the same food and cold. Was not the impressed with the food and would not bother to go All Inclusive as better food outside the hotel!

The Villa was lovely

Due to the upgrade we had a fantastic room the pool was amazing and the location perfect
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The staff had no communication abilities between each other and the breakfast was shocking unless you like cereal and toast

Due to building works we were upgraded to a superior suite free of charge

Wonderful and very relaxing
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Best choice of breakfast I have ever seen in a hotel. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the facilities and staff in the hotel were excellent. I would highly recommend it for a visit.

Overall a very relaxing experience.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

There were renovations going on which were quite noisy at times.

Nice breakfasts, loads of choice. Lovely friendly staff. DJ at pool playing laid back music.

THIS IS NOT A FIVE STAR HOTEL!!!!!!!!
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The whole of the outdoor areas are in desperate need of refurbishment. The pathways are dangerous and unsafe. The sunbeds are uncomfortable, dirty and unfit for purpose. The towels are old and threadbare. There are insufficient sunshades/umbrellas and those that are there are in need of repair The pool is filthy, unsafe and has moss floating in it daily. The food is repetitive and overcooked and the tables in the restaurant are not always cleaned well to be hygienic. A very disappointing resort. Their advertising is misleading.

The aqua bike session was fun The rooms were comfortable

Enjoyed the break, would go again
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The bar prices were much more than outside the hotel and the service in the evenings was poor. Standard room cramped and could do with an update.

The pool area was never crowded, the beach was in front of the hotel.

Enormous sellection of dishes for dinner and for breakfast.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View (1 Adult)

My room was quite old, but they are currently redecorating, so try to get freshly redecorated room.

Enormous sellection of dishes for dinner and for breakfast. Definitely good idea to get at least half board.

We're coming back!
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

My partner and I opted for the buffet breakfast option and while the food is lovely and freshly prepared, it got a bit samey and plain after a few days. But for the money, it was worth it. Definitely kept us fed until dinner time! Another thing is that there is work going on at the hotel so, of course, there is plenty of banging and sawing and clapping going on.

The room was just the right size and was cleaned everyday. We had a fantastic view of the sea and the pool. The balcony was a little sun trap. It was lovely! The staff were incredibly helpful. We weren't there five minutes and we were handed a welcome glass of champagne, our bags were taken up to our room and we were checked in quickly. The pool was lovely and big. A bit too salty, but the hot tub made up for it haha. Plenty of places to lounge and soak up the sun. The pool bar was perhaps overpriced but still convenient on a hot day. The hotel was delightfully quiet and was very close to the beach and a number of bars, shops and restaurants. Just wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. We booked our next stay while we were still there! Can't wait to come back.

Very poor stay it's a building site
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The place is a building site we arrived with out warning to drilling and hammering all day till 6.30 in the evening and to add to it with the soaking towels and dust on the ground which we were expected to walk on ...it's a health and safety death trap. We raised our concerns with management three time but they did not care or have the courtesy to acknowledge our complaint .therefore I would not recommend this hotel they should close down the area where the renovations are taking place ...oh and also to finally add insult when we were heading out one night as we left our room a deluge of water drowned us that came from nowhere ....I didn't know if it was from a leak ...a shower toilet etc and again when asked at reception I got a blank expression

We stayed their before its a good location and normally a very good hotel but not this time

An excellent hotel we were reluctant to leave,and we want very much to return .
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

The shower was not working well and sprayed the floor as well as the bath.

The. Staff were very good,helpful and cheerful. The bedroom with sea view was a delight . The airconditioning was quiet and very effective.

A good base to explore the Island but no denying that white washed concrete is yesterdays style !
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Avoid a Classic room unless it has been renovated. They are more basic than the price would justify. We went Half Board and even that got boring after a week- would be much worse if you were fully inclusive, and I doubt it is worth it financially.

The location is good - only 25 minutes from the airport and directly on a decent beach and a pleasant five minute walk from the main part of town. Amazing central gardens fill the atrium and the touches of design from Cesar Manriques make the place stand out from the regular bland modern style of hotel. Was probably best hotel in this part of the island, but at 270 euros a night was not cheap !

Fantastic hotel with beautiful pool and facilities.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Fantastic pool area with access to the beach and lovely beach bar! Really great for couples as it is peaceful, yet a 5 minute walk from bars and restaurants.

The staff was friendly and nice.
    • The Level Grand Suite

There is so much things that we have not liked.. First, I need to mention that we were staying at Grand Suite and we have tried recommended "Level" experience. I have not understood what were our privileges, really, except late check-out, more details below.. We have chosen this hotel because of its service, available options and view, and thought that with the money that we have paid we will get good 5-star service. We thought that our experience would be similar to the Maldives 5-star (which we used to have year ago for the same money), but it was more like 3-4-star Turkey hotel.. Right after arrival they told us that the Level area is at the reconstruction and we won't have access to our private lounge and pool for 3-4 days. They have provided compensation for this, so we were not complaining. But no one warned us about it before arrival. Moreover, a large part of the hotel was at reconstruction, e.g. game room was broken and was not working, although it was one of the reasons for us to chose this hotel((( Again, no warnings about it. With level you have exactly same all inclusive service that you have without it. Same food, same drinks. If you drink alcohol you'll have local wine, local beer, some basic spirits like gin, whiskey, rum and etc and few classic cocktails cooked from them. If you don't drink alcohol, you will have all-included water and 2-3 bottled juices and soft drinks like cola/sprite)) No ice-cream, no milkshakes, no smoothie. It's so easy to cook tasty alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, but they just don't care. The best thing they can cook for you is rum-cola or gin-tonic, any drink that's more complicated would be cooked awfully. Before level lounge and pool area were opened, we had access to area with food and drinks near public pool. When level pool and area has opened, they have closed this room.

The staff was friendly and nice. Those that work at reception speak English good. SPA experience was also nice. Food was good, but if you will stay more then 7 days you probably will get tired of the same food options. Big and comfortable room, although little 'tired'. The evening shows were good - it was always something new and quite professional, although when it is really interesting it is hard to find place to sit and watch it)

Booking.com did not inform me that there was renovation going on - disapointing
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

Booking.com did not inform me that there was renovation going on, for this I would never book with you again.

The suite, pool and facilities was fantastic, breakfast and service was great, sadly there were renovation works going on and we were allocated a room next to the building site after complaints we got moved and enjoyed a great holiday. I felt bad that the hotel had to pay for booking.com error.

• Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Buffet dinner siding impress. Not to many options for vegetarians. 31€ (Plus drinks) per person was overpriced for the quality of food available

Breakfast was diversified, a variety of fruit juices was available.

The Nearly Hotel
    • The Level Junior Suite

We booked 'The Level Experience' but it was still under construction. Food is the worst I have ever experienced so eat out. More like 3 stars overall but food is 1 star. Nightly entertainment ala Butlins or Benidorm is awful. Only has one restaurant so dont be fooled.

Great saltwater pool outdoors in main area. Friendly staff. Next to good beach.

probably the best breakfast service I ever had.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

if I had to pick up something.. the shower over bath is not well designed

probably the best breakfast service I ever had. We got a free upgrade to a seaview room because part of the hotel was under redecoration

Great place to relax
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Air conditioning in our room could have been a bit more powerful, it struggled to get the room cool.

The buffet breakfast was very comprehensive in what it offered. We stayed in one of the recently renovated rooms, it was modern and tasteful. The hotel complex itself is very well looked after and pleasant to walk around.

Perfect place, near to the beaches and the food in...
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The swimming pool was dirty, the music and show program finish at 10.30 p.m. If you want to take a diner outside, you have to wait 15-20 min / only 20 places for that/. If your arrival or departure time is out of the working time of restaurant, do not expect somebody to prepare additional food for you- it is your problem.

Perfect place, near to the beaches and the food in restaurant was perfect

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Great location and has potential but staff not great for 5*
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Staff were not helpful at all. Complained 4 times about the air conditioning not working and they kept saying they would send someone to look at it - 5* resort and no cold air from air con all week. No apology and no one cared. They were also doing some work on the hotel so at times there was drilling etc whilst trying to relax by the pool. We checked out at 12pm but transfer not until 5pm - no shower to use.

Large room, large bathroom, lovely large balcony overlooking the pool and sea even though we had booked the garden view. Great location

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Comfortable stay, not 5* standard
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

As a 5* hotel, one excepts as standard bottled water to be complimentary in the room. Of all the hotels I have stayed at this has always been the norm, so I assumed this would be the case in an establishment like Melia. However, this was not the case as I found out on my checkout bill. I was charged 2.50 euros for each 50cl bottle of water! When querying this with the reception staff they merely looked at me like I was talking nonsense! I booked this hotel on the great reviews written by previous guests such as a welcome glass of prosecco on arrival, I, unfortunately, did not experience any of this. I also had to wait an additional hour for my room to be ready and when it was it was embarrassingly the wrong room. I was left in the room for half hour until the staff figured out where to place me!

The hotel lobby was particularly exceptional and nothing I have ever seen before. There is an open garden filled with lush trees and waterfalls which transport you to a tropical forest. The artwork and sculptures around the hotel are very unique.

Amazing resort
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View (1 Adult)

A couple of suggestions for the room, given it is a 5 star resort: - no USB plugs anywhere in the room - no music/ipod dock speakers - no complimentary bottled water - although it was fairly quiet most of the time, which was great, the plumbing woke me up when neighbours had their showers

Only stayed the one night but was highly impressed. Very friendly service, spacious rooms and the best breakfast I have ever had!! Wide range of food (churros!), Sweets, juices & smoothies and help yourself champagne! The Hot chocolate is tdf. Overall a very lovely stay and I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Lanzarote

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great Adults only stay in a slightly jaded hotel
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

The decor and feel of the hotel is very 70s/80s. It needs a good overhaul decor wise both internally and externally

Amazing rain forest type atmosphere in the hotel atrium. Great location, really good hotel for adults. Great large pool to relax around, no problem with sunbeds or noise from young children. Good location and nice beachfront walk into the main town square

Loved the Level area
    • The Level Grand Suite

NOT Wheel chair accessible around the main pool, Showers by the main pool are impossible for disabled people to use after a swim and you have shower due to water being salt water, area and outside the hotel and staff getting mixed messages from each other making it harder for things to get settled, very tired around the main pool.

Loved the Level area View amazing from room

great B&B
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

website shows a spa in a different group hotel misleading? restaurant boring and expensive

privacy of bedroom balcony, proximity of outside bars and good restaurants.much cheaper than the hotel

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Pool is nice and position is good.
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Hotel is old and noisy. If you have room on the side of restaurant there will be noise from plates and other staff from 5 in the morning. Doors from all the rooms are loud. Looks more like 3 star hotel than 5 star.

Pool is nice and position is good.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Perfect adults' holiday destination
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

The Spices Restaurant was very good,with extensive buffet, La Marea Restaurant with a la carte menu was excellent. Wonderful Manrique designed garden.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Not too bad but a bit disappointing in some ways.
    • The Level Grand Suite

Hotel needs a bit of TLC in rooms and public area. Stayed in a grand suite, so best possible room. Looked great on photos but a bit scruffy in reality. Layout was not thought through. For a double room why have 4 basins? Shower leaked over bathroom floor. Balcony split into 2 very small balconies, one of which had a second bath. Housekeeping staff barged straight into room without knocking. The Level executive lounge gave free booze and nibbles but was all poor quality stuff that can be bought for pennies from supermarket across the road.

Good location. No kids. The check in lady gave us some really good recommendations for local restaurants.

A very enjoyable hotel, good facilities and location. Would book again. Worth doing full/halfboard

Not a lot to dislike! The welcome could be better, for example, reception should have advised what time breakfast and dinner times were. But it did not spoil the stay.

Very good location. Food was excellent. On the whole staff customer service was excellent

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Enchanting!
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

If I had to be really picky, I could say that the quality of the coffee could be better.

Pool area enchanting, and the Cesar Manrique influence made it a special hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Stress free sunshine and comfort in a great hotel
    • The Level Twin/Double room with Sea View

Some taxi drivers who tried to be race drivers The two jacuzzi baths one is enough and it's a waste of fresh water

Allowed to enjoy the hotel and it's facilities as well as the entertainment with out intrusion but always very happy and helpfull staff The location beside the ocean where you could swim safely was also excellent Great hotel for the winter vacation

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Nice Hotel Good Location !!!!!!
    • Twin/Double Room with Garden View

Food wasn't that good & we booked as Adult only hotel and there were at least 6 children there the time of our stay. From 31st Dec - 7th Jan.

Hotel was lovely

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

The room was nice but not as advertised. The food was fantastic and the level area is a must.
    • Twin/Double Room with Sea View

The room was not as advertised. Had no nespresso machine, iPod dock, aromatherapy or large balcony, and tv not as big as stated.

Fantastic choices for breakfast and dinner. The level area for complimentary drinks and snacks

Browse Meliá Salinas - Adults Recommended traveller photo gallery