Reviews of Hotel Granada Center 4 stars

Avenida de la Fuentenueva, s/n, Granada City Centre, 18002 Granada, Spain

#36 of 119 hotels in Granada

• Double or Twin Room with Parking

Massive bed. Great location. Extremely nice employees - especially the guy that helped me park the car in the garage. and they suggested us to leave the car there the next day and cab to la hambra. great choice.

• Double or Twin Room with Parking

Nothing. Was fantastic. As an american, was unused to European parking garages but this was no fault of the property. AC was a bit weak.

Huge bed. Great breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were efficient but very robotic, no interaction or banter, which was a shame!

An interesting building, clean and had a premium feel, even though it needs updating, the breakfast was good.

• Double or Twin Room

I was glad we arrived at our hotel when the weather was unusually pleasant for June, the A/C didn't work appropriately, if it was hotter it would have been a problem. Breakfast Ok, nothing worth to repeat after the first time, everything else fine.

• Double or Twin Room

We are regular visitors to Hotel Granada Center. It has its own underground car park and is easy to drive to unlike many other hotels in the city. It is a short 10 minute walk to the historic city centre. The staff are always efficient and the rooms are always spotlessly clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The bar was not open for evening drinks. We had to go in to the restaurant and sit with the diners. We then felt we were taking up a dining table. It would have been nice to sit I tbe lounge area by the bar.

Comfortable room with everything we needed

Nothing really to improve

Wonderful spacious, light and airy room. Stylish open interior with panoramic lifts. Staff very polite, friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast. Located a short walk from the city centre where there are endless bars and restaurants. Easy access from the main routes and on-site parking.

• Double or Twin Room

no balcony, but not a major problem & the bar terrace was close to the main road, but we still used it.

nice big rooms with comfortable accommodation & quiet at night

• Double or Twin Room

The location was just a short walk from the historic Granada Centre and easy to access the bus up to the Alhambra. Bus stop for bus station immediately outside.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing much. But would have helped if they had some information on tourist attractions.

Easy to find. Direct bus to ASLA bust station. Friendly staff. We had lunch at the attached restaurant. Good 3 course meal.

• Double or Twin Room

It was a pity that a so faboulous hotel failed down is some details: At the arrivale, credit card was asked as guarantee, such a request is always very fastidious In our room we find towel set just for a person, we asked additional ones...but we had to ask more than one time and, at the end, they bring us when we already left the hotel for dinner We booked for a double bed, but we find twin beds, they offered to change the room but the only available had a very small double bed. My car was scratched in the hotel garage (and the garage is quite expensive). The garage has no camera, so no any responsibility was assumed from them. Accesso to garage and to garage floor is very narrow.

Very nice hotel, close to city center. Furniture are modern, nice to find the bidet. Staff is kind and cooperative.

• Double or Twin Room

Maintenance and attention to details is lacking. Outdated big atrium and hanging plants look from 1980ies needs to be updated. Non attentive staff.

Location was good.

• Double or Twin Room

The most uncomfortable bed I have slept in, thin walls, could hear the neighbors talking, worse night's sleep, checked out a day early.

The cleanliness, appearance and location

• Double Room with Extra Bed

Liked everything. Its a bit away from city center but you can get a taxi at 6 euros or can walk 15 minutes.

Fantastic breakfast. Lovely staff. Very very helpful

Unsafe shower

All ok except for the shower. I kept getting ice cold to boiling hot so burnt my back and foot as there is no control valve in Spain as a regulation in UK.

• Double or Twin Room

Perhaps location a bit further from centre than desirable. However an easy and safe walk and handy to the train statiion.

The room was excellent - roomy, clean and comfortable. Staff, both at reception and in cafeteria and buffet room, friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Of the facilities we used in our one-night stay, everything was good.

Our room was extra big which we really appreciated and the cafeteria was a great place to relax. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We couldn't really fault it.

• Double or Twin Room with Parking

Room needs a bit of updating, bathroom needed some modernising.

Fabulous reception area and good restaurant within walking distance of older part of city and many shops and restaurants.

• Double or Twin Room

Very few other food options nearby

Very smart modern hotel, stall excellent, restaurant food excellent, comfortable quiet bedroom, close to train station

• Double or Twin Room

The disappoint was in the departure morning ,I wanted to have a cup of coffee to go for my room. But downstairs restaurant staff totally refused my request because they do not have a paper cup!? Really? at hotel restaurant? I talked at front people and they said that I can get a cup of coffee 5mins walk in rain...they could be more flexible or get stock of cups!

good location, room was bigger than any other hotel room.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was not soundproof as I could clearly hear the people in the rooms next to me. If you are looking for a quite place to relax I would not recommend it.

The stuff of the hotel were super friendly and helpful. In addition, the hotel is 15 mins away from the center by walking.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff members were not helpful with providing basic information about sightseeing and directions. They were almost annoyed by any questions. The room smelled terrible and we had to change rooms. The room was not clean and the towels looked very old. Bedsheets were not changed and two dead bugs on the night table were still there after cleaning.

• Double or Twin Room

Mattress was a bit too firm for us, hard and unusual shape pillow, lack of blankets so had to ask for them. For 2 people the room could have done with another luggage rack which there was space for. The 2nd person either had to open the suitcase on the floor or on the desk.

Convenience to city centre. Underground parking. Friendly staff. Modern style interior decoration. Basic but good quick breakfast. Clean efficient bathroom with good shower and bath.

• Double or Twin Room

Got off to a very bad start with the Hotel carpark being full. The double room I had booked for 2 nights at a promotional rate of £150 per night on a half-board basis was shabby with old furniture and marks all over the walls and was in need of a good refurbishment. I informed reception that the room was not acceptable and was upgraded to a much improved superior room. Due to the parking being full, I was told I would have to park in a public car park located 10 minutes’ walk. When exiting the car park in not a particularly desirable area, full of graffiti, there were a gang of teenagers which made me nervous so I re-entered the parking and exited by the car entrance. The parking is at the hotel and public parking is €18 per day. I regretted taking the half board option and don’t recommend it. It's very misleading as I had imagined it would be served in the hotel's restaurant, however, it does not exist. It's served in the Cafe Al-Zagal snack bar. The half board menu is very unimaginative with offerings of chicken in a sauce, pork in a sauce etc. I chose the pork which was tough served with a wilted salad. I cancelled my second night's dinner due to the poor quality of the food and service. Reception called me at 8.30pm to advise me that even though I had cancelled the dinner in the morning, they were still charging me for it. I can only assume that they really need the money. I don't recommend staying over a weekend, as all the rooms are overlooking the atrium. There was a couple of wedding parties which went on until early hours of the morning and it was difficult to sleep as the rooms are not sound proof. I also don't recommend reserving the standard double rooms as they are very dated and in need of a refurbishment. It's 15 minutes’ walk to the old town.

The upgrade and breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

We had requested a double bed, but got a twin bed and a change wasn't possible. Also, we had mentioned that we would need parking, only to be told when we got there that the parking was fully booked. Disappointing.

Spacious and very clean rooms, friendly staff, decent restaurant. Wifi signal and speed was excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

Would have liked tea/ coffee maker in the room. Most hotels give free bottles of water, we were charged for ours.

Lovely and clean. Lovely helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Request made at reservation not implemented. Very important to us. Phone didn’t work. Response at reception was I’ve rung and it rings....... great nobfidllingntobe dead.....special instructions foubtbthat a phone is s gone if specialist operation provide information ....,,,

Beds good staff polite concierge and the younger porter excellent. All in all a good experience

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was very friendly, the service great, the rooms large and comfortable, all the facilities were included, cleanliness perfect, the food was great. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel. Very good breakfast at 11 euros if you make a previous reservation. There is a big "El Corte Inglés" shopping center nearby. The room is big, with large and confortable single beds.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

We were three. One suffered from High Noise level from street, other from firm mattress and other from breakfast buffet a bit disappointing. But overall, satisfied considering price/quality ratio. Hours for restaurants and room service menu not flexible enough though.

Price/quality ratio was excellent. Our Room #531 was exactly as pictured and very roomy. Loved bathroom having a window. Easy access.

• Double or Twin Room

Arrived around 2030 and I thought I’d booked a parking spot. I was directed to an external car park and told it was 100 metres away and was shown a map. I tried but failed to find it and after 30 mins of trying returned to reception and asked that someone came with me and told that nobody was available. Having travelled from the Algarve I was tired and to be told that nobody else had had a problem wasn’t good enough. Eventually I walked in the direction I was told and found the park park which was somewhat further than 100 metres. On return to the reception desk I informed the individual on duty of the fact he told me that it was 100 metres in the car not walking. When I told him that the distance was the same I got no reply and suggested that he took the trouble to find out where the car park was and walked it I got the same reaction. Obviously it was not the situation I wanted after a long drive but thought of others in the same situation

Lunch menu and price were great. Excellent artichokes! Breakfast had very good selection and coffee++ We had a miscommunication with a tour pickup booked for the Alhambra and front desk staff really helped us to get to go the next day and extended our parking time. They were professional, empathetic and helpful.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

The breakfast could do with some improvement as it does not match the price, the restaurant for breakfast needs redecorating.

Unique triangular design and ivy decor, high standards of cleanliness and kind and helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Car park was full when we arrived, we were recommended another car park close to this property, when we were leaving the car park we were charged a rate of E18 per day when it should have been E13, after a discussion the attendant reduced it to E14 per day, I didn't bother arguing after that and paid a total of E28 for 19 hours parking, the attendant took my ticket and said something about numbers on the ticket which I didn't understand, we went to a shop to get some water when we came back we were charged another E1.65 to leave the car park as we didn't leave within 10 minutes, this left a sour taste in the mouth

Unfortunately there are two hotels with the same name in Granada, make sure when travelling you put in the 4* hotel into your satnav, otherwise you might end up at the 2* hotel, the 4* is centre while the 2* is Centro. This hotel is very central, staff are very helpful and rooms were clean and spacious.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

The car parking was full and needed to use a car parking nearby, although with a Hotel discount.

The location is excellent, near to the main attractions. The bed was excellent with an excellent breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

The decor in room was very dated and shabby. The damp on the window wall was alarming. The bathroom was outdated and shabby. The bidet was shaky and the bath seemed to be peeling.

Overall, the hotel was good. The room was large.

• Double or Twin Room

We chose it because we wanted air conditioning, which the hotel would not provide because they thought it was not necessary. They showed us several other rooms, but they were all as stiflingly hot as ours was. We could not sleep the first night, and survived the remaining nights with a fan they supplied, and the windows wide open and the consequent noise from the street. I would like to see the description of the hotel changed so that it makes it clear that air conditioning and the restaurant are not available all year. Also, don't be fooled by the 'Terrace' - it's table and chairs on the pavement of a noisy street corner.

This is a clean, friendly, relaxed hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The parking at hotel was limited but there was plenty of parking right up the street and that was helpful.

The restaurant offered a tremendous variety of food and the wine list was extensive at a reasonable price. The location was just perfect if you dont mind walking, which is the only way to truly appreciate the beauty and charm of such a special city like Granada. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The cleanliness was everything I expected in a hotel of that caliber.

• Double or Twin Room

We found nothing negative and recommend this hostel for an easy stay while in transit.

Great host who kindly offered to take us to the train station the morning of our departure. Very nice and accommodating and I would recommend this hostel for a casual and easy experience. Many thanks, Philip!

• Double or Twin Room

Very difficult to find any free street parking in Granada so I'd advise booking the Hotel Car Park

Fantastic hotel. Could not fault it especially the friendliness of the staff.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

The staff was always attentive, in every department at anytime. As a seasoned traveler other chains can learn from the hospitality of this location.

• Double or Twin Room with Parking

The electrical sockets were limited in the room and one , in the bathroom , was loose from the wall.

The hotel felt comfortable and the staff friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

I'd have loved if they replaced shower heads in the bathroom, they seemed quite old and there was quite a bit of limescale on them which meant they didn't work exactly as intended on one of the settings.

The beds were very comfortable, the staff at the reception was extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast food was good quality and quite diverse. Room was cleaned well throughout.

I like it all

It is a beautiful very impressive building finished in marble. I saw the outside of this hotel many times while I was studying in Granada but never the inside until now.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel group webpage indicated that a two/three night stay would enable a 10 to 15% discount for parking. On checking out we were informed that this did not apply. Very misleading. It was not the money more the principle.

Fittings & decor were very good, appealing.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking was full and had to park my car in another parking facility 500 m away. The room i stayed in had a door to another room and the door is not properly isolated. I cloud hear the guests from the other room loud and clear... looked like we were all sharing the same space.

Location, Confortable bed.

• Double or Twin Room

The parking garage is very difficult to access if you have a midsized car or larger. Very tight corners on the steep access ramps make parking a real challenge. The Wi-Fi access was turned off during our stay and when restarted the passwords etc were changed without us being told. Several hours of frustration until resolved.

A centrally situated hotel within walking distance of all the highlights that Granada has to offer. Close by are many eating options a supermarket and other amenities. Very helpful staff.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

The room was somewhat small in size, and it can be seen that although it’s a 4-star property, it showed some aging.

Th hotel’s location is about 10 minutes walk from the city’s historical sites. The hotel is placed in a relatively quiet area. The room was ok in general and it’s beds were comfortable and had enough pillows. The people at the reception desk were always very attentive and polite. Bathroom was ok.

• Double or Twin Room

The first room we had was updated but dark. Asked for a room in the front. We ended up with a great bright spacious room, in great need of update!! Beds were comfortable but the chairs and furniture where VERY old! The Bathroom also was very old and needed to be gutted!!! The breakfast room was in the basement and the staff not happy we were there!

Location was good!

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was, although on the outskirts of Granada, very close to the centre( 10 minute walk). Located on a main road, it is easy to find and also offers parking. The hotel is beautifully clean and has a very impressive foyer. The rooms are extremely comfortable and very spacious,as were the bathrooms. The breakfast was very extensive and very tasty!! All the staff were very helpful and welcoming!!

• Double or Twin Room

Wasn’t really a dislike but the area is not as central as I thought. It is approx 10 mins or so walk uphill to the cathedral where all the restaurants are. A few bars near to hotel.Was fine for us as love to walk but should be aware.Parking at hotel good chargeable at 15.95 euros per day

The beds were very comfortable although twins when I had requested a double but we did not request to change room as nice room.

• Double or Twin Room

It was all super...NO complaints at all.

The staff in the cafeteria were so accommodating with the choice of tapas when I mentioned I was vegetarian...switched out the meat choice immediately and deliciously.

• Double or Twin Room

Maybe a coffee / tea maker in the bedroom.

Had the warm croissants with butter and marmalade and lovely black coffee in the bar. The interior of the hotel was very nice and comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

This hotel is located within five-minute walking-distance from the station. On the other hand, I had to walk 15 minutes or so to reach to the city center or take a bus (called LAC).

• Double or Twin Room

I booked double beds for both rooms and it took me 3 attempts to get doubles instead of single beds close together.

It was ok. Decor still in the 80s. Service basic and would of liked a kettle and tea/coffee facilities in room. Rooms were clean and bed comfy.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking was a challenge, but of cause convenient to be at the hotel

Nice room and facilities. Hotel catering to mass market and with a great location only 5-10 minute walk from the old part of the city

• Double or Twin Room with Parking

Food was disappointing. Hot food was COLD. Selection choice on Half Board menu was uninspiring, and food was inedible due to being colD and bland. Breakfast also was extremely disappointing. Limited choice and yet again, Hot foods were either Tepid or Cold. We would NOT choose Half board at this Hotel ever again, or recommend to others that they choose to eat at Hotel. People on Half Board were served in the Cafeteria for dinner, and on tables that were inappropriate. We were three people on a large circular table, that would seat eight persons. We were sat too far away from each other, to engage in conversation. There were plenty of tables vacant in the Cafeteria to sit two or four persons, more appropriately. The menu was different and more selective, for people who had chosen not to have Half Board accommodation. Where as Half Board menu was a Set Meal Menu. Not a large selection for Vegan or Vegetarians. The Hotel needs to be aware of this as it let's it down. Also Restaurant needs updating..Furniture was a mish mash..looked old and tired. The main foyer however,was delightful with its lighting and seating area.

Cleanliness of room and hotel. Polite and Friendly staff.

• Double or Twin Room

A bit outdated hotel. Needs some renovation. Small variety in breakfast.

Very helpful staff, walkable distance from the city center, private parking, free wifi.

• Double or Twin Room

Superb hotel, excellent value for money. 10-15 min walk from city center. Only item that could be improved is the shower: it is a bit capricious, especially when others are using it too. Still top-notch overall.

• Double or Twin Room with Parking

The parking lot is very small and tight. It took us quite a while to get the car we had rented in and out safely.

Quite a pretty lobby, helpful staff, a nice breakfast and good location, especially for people with cars. Would stay here again.

• Double or Twin Room with Parking

Reception staff was efficient and friendly. Still I can't understand how any hotel can afford to have such a rude and unpolite lady to run the breakfast room. Is it really that hard to smile to the customers and speak them friendly?

The location was good, easy access by car and close to the city center (10 min walk). The room was large and quiet. Breakfast was excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

The restaurant isn’t worth a visit. The food was miserable. One in the party ordered Tournedos but got pork tenderloin. The manager tried to convince us that Tournedos comes from pork!!

Rummen

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms slightly dark due to dispersed lighting, and some mould on the walls under windows due to condensation running down from the glass which did not seem to be noticed due to the net curtains. We used a small bowl purchased as a souvenir for some nuts, and next day it disappeared after the room was cleaned - housemaid must have though it belonged to the hotel - not expensive, but annoying.

Friendly staff, good location on edge of town centre and despite being on a main road was not too noisy. Enormous double bed could have taken four. Nice "coffee shop/cafe" off the lobby was a perfect alternative to the breakfast (which we did not take).

Breakfast must be better. Why are there no coffee- and thee making facilities in the room? Garage is not easy to enter.

Big but noisy and bit outdated hotel, on walking distance to the city center. Easy to find and close to the motorway. Staff is very kind and helpful. Breakfast is poor, rooms are not spacious for a 4 star rating.

• Double or Twin Room with Parking

Breakfast was slapdash with too few staff to cope at busy times.

Good reception staff and information. Attractive ambiance. Location easy to find from motorway, and not too far from downtown.

• Double Room with Extra Bed

Parking spaces in the basement of the hotel were very narrow and ramps system on each level was tight. Medium car struggled, small car would be ok.

The room was luxurious, nice hotel and staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel very central to CBD and walked to cathedral and fort

• Double or Twin Room

Pillow was too soft HotelCar park was full, however there is public parking just up the road.

Lovely friendly atmosphere in the hotel, very clean and spacious room. Excellent breakfast. Also the hotel is in a good location for arriving by car.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff would not accommodate the the 2 of us with a day notice for a Christmas eve gala dinner they were having, plus it took over an hour after calling that there were no towels in our unit for staff to bring one, and that was only after calling a second time and stating my wife was in the shower.

Central, nice facility.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel is fairly old and not maintained properly. Windows are so thin that you can hear every car passing in the street. One of the receptionist (man) was not very helpful if you didn't ask him the exact question (in Spanish) he basically didn't "know" anything. Overall I think you can choose better for less money.

We liked the location of the hotel. The breakfast was fairly good.

• Double or Twin Room

front desk staff was not cooperative. Their communication was also poor.

room was clean. beds were comfy. facilities were good. overall stay was comfortable.

Few things to object

Upon arrival, it has been very good and I have given a map of the city of Granada. Hotel Granada Center has a spectacular entrance giving an atmosphere of great comfort and elegance. The very spacious rooms separated by a door what is the entrance and the toilet. Very comfortable beds followed by very soft sheets. In the bufete staff very attentive with customers and varied is every day the distribution of food. The gym very personal small but complete.It is somewhat difficult to enter the roads but very central.

• Double or Twin Room

Very good hotel with confortable rooms. The location is OK but you will need a car to go almost everywhere. The advantage is that it is quite easy to find a parking place in the street near the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

We only had 1 breakfast in the Hotel and were glad that we hadn't booked all three because it was all absolutely stone cold and very unpleasant, the staff in the breakfast room were not very friendly. We would imagine that a few years ago this was a very high class Hotel, but now it is very tired and shabby.

The woman that booked us in was not very welcoming, and we were given a room that was for a disabled person which was not at all suitable for us, and the room was very shabby. However the second day we changed rooms with a very helpful man in reception and this was much more suitable and comfortable although there was no door on the safe we didn't bother to report this as we were only there for 2 more nights.

• Double Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Breakfast has many varieties but quality cold have been better

Location is centre and easily reachable from all main places and rooms are absolutely sound proof which makes comfortable and privacy. WiFi speed is very good.

• Double or Twin Room

Granada centre is nowhere near the centre but the other side of the University Hotel is rather tired and in need of refurbishment Despite what is on Booking .Com DO reserve a car parking space they are very limited

Browse Hotel Granada Center traveller photo gallery