Reviews of Gran Melia Victoria 5 stars

Avenida Joan Miró, 21, 07014 Palma de Mallorca, Spain

#24 of 73 hotels in Palma de Mallorca

We enjoyed the breakfast each morning - lots of choice and...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

There are no negatives - this was our second time and we plan to return again next year.

We enjoyed the breakfast each morning - lots of choice and plentiful healthy options The pool is also great with many beds available throughout the day Location perfect - turn right for fantastic food and wine at mercato 1930 and turn left for fabulous ice cream (the queue is worth it!) Staff super helpful and friendly

Lovely, warm welcome from the staff who were extremely...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Lovely, warm welcome from the staff who were extremely attentive throughout our stay. Hotel was extremely well placed for restaurants, and taxi’s were arranged immediately and arrived within minutes if you wanted to travel further. Our room was cleaned every day to perfection, and turn down service was a very nice extra at the end of the day. The hotel restaurant had a wide selection of food for breakfast, their pool bar was very nice and their evening meals were perfect. I can’t fault this property at all.

Excellent hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel. Salt water 25m swimming pool. Terrific service and staff. Large bedrooms. Very good food at pool restaurant and the Basque restaurant . Wine list is a complete give away

Amazing Stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing - this hotel was the best experience I've ever had in Europe. Totally recommend.

First the staff made my partner and I feel so welcome. We both recieved cakes on our birthdays. Champagne at breakfast. Beach towels for beach days. Salt water pool. The view is to amazing at breakfast. The buffet at breakfast was mouth watering. You must get it included.

Lovely stay
    • Family Room with Garden View (4 adults)

It would have been very expensive if we hadnt received an upgrade to a suite...we had 2 rooms and the standard room our family were in was definitely not worth it... Only 2 small milks in room and when we rang housekeeping for more we were charged for room service...that really is NOT callled for and very mean considering the price of rooms.

We were given upgrade to suite which was lovely....amazing views Breakfast was excellent and dining on terrace overlooking harbour great. Room and bed was very comfortable Easy to walk down to restaurants on the road. We were only there for one night in our own car so cant comment on transport etc.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Pure relaxation

The breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner are all amazing. However there is little choice if your vegetarian. If your Vegan and relying to eat in the hotel than this is u fortunately not your hotel. Hopefullly some vegan or vegetarian options will be added to the menus.

The service, the rooms And interior of the hotel are exquisite. Electric curtains and bathroom products of Clarins are an example of that extra touch that Meliá Victoria provides.

Great service and breakfast.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Old classic hotel with nothing special. The hotel itself doesn't deserve 5 stars

Great service and breakfast. Personnel was extremely kind and helpful.

Lovely hotel, excellent staff, especially Amalia - extremely...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel, excellent staff, especially Amalia - extremely pleasant and helpful, bar staff and waiters on the Victoria Terrace also exceptional.

"Very good hotel and lovely staff"

We stayed for a week with our daughter in July and had a lovely stay. The staff was very helpful and always greeted us with a smile. Our rooms were very good overlooking the cathedral, with a small balcony that we enjoyed. Everything very clean, the beds and pillows are very good. The breakfast great with a good selection. My husband had a birthday and the hotel sent us a bottle of cava and a cake - very cool! "In a nutshell": Fantastic staff and very comfortable and spacious rooms! Thank you all for a lovely week!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Beautiful view and the drinks area was a lovely environment.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The area at the entrance to the property was a bit ‘dodgy’ at night. It didn’t affect our stay but for a five star hotel there were no slippers, robes or facecloths.

Beautiful view and the drinks area was a lovely environment.

Red level was amazing.
    • Premium Double Room with Sea View - Red Level with Executive Lounge Access

Whilst breakfast was great the location of the hot food was a bit chaotic. Had to also ask for Red level checkin as was placed in a big queue at arrival. Lady not very friendly at main check out either.

Red level was amazing. The main lady with blond hair (sorry didn’t get her name) was so helpful and looking lovely. Really enjoyed the experience. Hotel good location out of the old town and pool lovely

Really good hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms are little bit old and need renovation. Necessary take room with sea view

Perfect location, very helpful and kind staff, great food even in beach bar. Breakfast was great too. If you decide visit Mallorca it would be wise decision to choose Gran Melia Victoria

Beautiful place and in a good place
    • Premium Double Room with Sea View - Red Level with Executive Lounge Access

Only thing I would point out not much storage space in bedrooms. Also we had a sea view amazing but with it being height of the season . And the club next door got a little loud in the early hours of the morning but if your prepared take ear plugs don't let it put you off. .

The red level service was worth paying the extra to. Staff were so helpful and always smiling. Pool area clean and lovely and plenty of sun beds rooms very clean .

Good size room, nice breakfast, great views from breakfast...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Pool could get quite busy, bit of a walk into main part of town (although cheap and easy to get taxi so not a major issue)

Good size room, nice breakfast, great views from breakfast over the marina

Just fabulous.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Men walking around in lobby with no tops on. The pool could be kept a bit tidier with towels moved more frequently when people leave

Just fabulous. We were 2 girls On a 3 day break. The staff were brilliant so friendly and helpful . Breakfast delicious piano playing. Location was great for us but only used taxis into town 6/7 euros. Got a Hoppa from airport which worked well too. Will return to hotel.

I would definitely recommend the hotel for its excellent location and service.

I loved having breakfast on the terrace overlooking the port and city. It was even more impressive in the evening for drinks or dining. The staff were very helpful and friendly. It was easy to get local buses to both the beach area or city outside the hotel.

Lovely spot on the harbor
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

There is entirely too much focus in the loung/lobby towards the “red” level. Afternoon cocktail service is difficult to obtain without chasing someone down. This takes away from the enjoyment of the property. This is not an inexpensive hotel - they should consider adjusting their approach.

Our room was small for a king but well equipped. We had a beautiful view of the marina and harbor. The morning breakfast was superb. Courtesy room was easily obtained. This allowed us a full day of property use prior to evening travel. The old portion of the city has a great vibe and should not be missed.

The vallet guys were fantastic and couldn't be more...

The staff on the reception desk were rude. It was like a chore to them to respond to a question you asked. I waited for 25 minutes to speak to someone on the desk and they didn't even acknowledge that I was there or apologise for me waiting so long.

The vallet guys were fantastic and couldn't be more helpful. The location was perfect and the food in the hotel was excellent.

Good quality hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room "controls" needlessly complicated and no explanation - in English or otherwise! to help understand. Usually would have expected useful information - in several languages - for this quality of hotel. Excellent out door pool, but not open early (I find 10am opening unacceptable)or late so unusable for me and I presume anyone but "holiday" guests

Good quality hotel

Great weekend.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Perfect location to walk to the center Great restaurants/bars recommendations from the hotel staff The swimming pool was really nice and clean The "Spa" isn't really a spa as such. Small Sauna available but you have to ask the reception to activate it. Small indoor pool. Massages are provided by an external person - though good quality.

A lovely hotel that seems to adjust to their customers. Highly enjoyable stay.

Not alot!

Exceptionally friendly and well organised hotel. Staff were excellent as was the breakfast! We had a Junior Suite which had an amazing view and very comfortable beds. We were a group of 17 older 'nice' lads celebrating a 50th Birthday but wanted comfort and the little extras. We weren't disappointed as the hotel and staff can cater for all walks of life. Would also recommend as a couples hotel as already thinking of bringing me wife here at some point as the feel would suit a 'romantic' break.

Location was great , staff great , food great
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Was upset we couldn’t get in the sun around the pool there were no beds free in the sun so we could not sun bath 😢

Location was great , staff great , food great

Lovely place for weekend stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

As the hotel is on a main road and the pool is at front of the hotel it makes it noisy area.

Location was great for walking into Palma cetre.staff were extremely helpfull at all times.

Old hotel - Must be refurbished. Overpriced for what it offers. Restaurante menu must be changed.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

1. Restaurant - On day 2, I had to asked twice for the coffee during breakfast and I received it very late. 2. Restaurant - On day 2, the system DRY - Javier de las Cuevas for lunch is reduced. I ordered "navajas al natural". Later, the water came to inform me that all seafood cold starters were not available. Totally unacceptable for a presumed five star hotel. Deserts consisted on carrot cake, cheese cake and ice cream as if I were in a USA hotel. This is not for Spain. The answer was that the Gran Meliá Victoria is oriented towards german and US passengers. No german public will accept this menu. 3. An non-existent upgrade.On arrival at the reception I was informed that I had been upgraded to a swimming-pool view room. When I tried to open the window in my bathroom, the only thing I could see was the sidewalk around the pool. The room was located lower than the pool. 4. General condition - This hotel must be urgently refurbished. It is and looks old. Besides, all passengers must use the stairs to go to the majority of the rooms. Totally inadequate with the world actual conditions for people with special needs. 5. Bathroom - No security bars at hotel. The shower is within the bath-tube, which is very narrow for normal standards 6. Keycards - On day 2, when I returned to my room, the keycard would not open the door. I had to walk the long way again to the reception. I asked about the reason and the receptionist told me that the quality of the key-cards is giving problems and the whole system was old considering the edge technology used in 5 star hotels.

Friendliness of the staff

Lovely staff, great hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing really, only the view out of the front of hotel wasn’t so nice.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful. I liked our room, and bathroom was huge we unfortunately didn’t have a sea view and I wish we had taken the upgrade option at check in. Pool area very nice with comfortable sun beds. Breakfast was buffet and lovely. Drinks round the pool were a little expensive. We used the indoor pool and shower area to change before airport. We did get offered a courtesy room, the entrance and lobby area is just beautiful with views from the terrace overlooking the marina.. We loved our stay wish it had been longer.

Breakfast was excellent in a lovely location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

5 Star Hotel that provided no complimentry water. Tap water was considered not for consumption. I would struggle to give this hotel a 5 star rating. Not quite up to the mark and way overpriced.

Breakfast was excellent in a lovely location

Happy and welcoming staff , very helpful
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Bed extremely comfy, room was a good size with fabulous view Staff went the extra mile to welcome and cater to our needs GreT hotel and stAff

Was a real good stay..

There was a strange smell on the corridor when you get out of the room.. that was the only hinderance..

The service and breakfast was amazing. The room was really nice and more than what I expected

Immaculate with old style grandeur but some elements fall below 5 star rating.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

I didn't like the way that money was demanded upfront as soon as you arrived. I was not impressed by that at all. The hotel, although overlooking the marina, does have a very busy road in front of it right next to the swimming pool where most people like to relax. It was a bit too far to walk to the centre you needed a taxi. Although I understand it wasn't high season there was no life guard at the pool, the bar wasn't open and nowhere with towels. I had to go up the elevator for a cold drink and I asked for a towel but it never appeared. This is not the 5 star service which you would expect when your paying a lot of money. The room decor wasn't very inspiring and the bed too firm. Also no feather pillows or pillow menu. No kettle to make tea either. The shower was just over the bath which I don't like. These things let it down for me

The hotel was old style grand with modern touches. The vast majority of the staff were helpful, cheerful and professional and not pretentious. The three concierge were always there to lend a hand. The staff were pristine and the hotel immaculate. The room was spacious with a super kingside bed. The balcony was a good size and the view was amazing, one of the best in Palma..The large marina and the Cathedral. Airton, lighting and curtains were controlled by an easy to use panel. Breakfast had a good choice of quality produce and the terrace was lovely to sit out on. There were inside and outside pools with plenty loungers

Lovely hotel, relaxed, traditional and very well presented. Would definitely stay here again.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Some of the drink prices are excessive. Don't understand the reasoning. People just went out for a coffee. Expect to pay a bit more in such a lovely hotel but not feel robbed. We followed the crowd to the coffee shop next door. My only quibble

Fantastic breakfast, pricey but well worth it, very clean and traditional hotel, liked the room and great bathroom. Relaxed atmosphere throughout.

They can improve it.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The receptionist need to improve the customer service . The men in the reception are very professional but the women need to improve, no smile, no good attitude. Another thing that i don`t like was the floor below, bad smell of mould. To change room i pay 20 euro for each extra night but the room was still downstairs (room 1012) with good view but the smell of the lower floor like i said was no good... I suggest to Improve the ventilation I suggest when the hotel have a low occupancy to offer a better room with no extra cost.. Just an advice from one person with 25 years of hotel industry. Regards Morris

The location, The hall, the service.

Overall positive
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I absolutely liked everything during my stay in Palma. Staff is excellent, very kind and attentive to every detail. Nice situation with beautiful view over marina and towards cathedral. Good food. Deserves 5 stars.

Beds were very comfortable.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel felt run down in parts (entrance from the promenade in particular, also the gym were the equipment is rusting). We expected a hotel of this price/star rating to be more polished. The location of the hotel is ok, but doesn’t feel particularly special once you leave the hotel (surroundings are quite tacky and also run down)’ There is quite a strong upselling practice on check in.We were offered and paid for an upgrade on check in to a ‘sea view’ room, but were given a room with a realtively poor side sea view. We complained as we felt slightly cheated but nothing was done about it.

Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was good.

A Disaster
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

The hotel has just undergone a full refurbishment On arrival at about noon in a transfer car from the airport arranged by the hotel we were told there were no Superior sea view rooms available for immediate occupancy. This despite the hote being almost empty. We were then offered a 60 euro per night upgrade per person to Red Level on which basis our rooms would be available! We agreed to this although as we were to find out the Red Level facilities were very poor when compared say to the Gran Melia Marbella and Melia Banus where we have stayed before. You are wasting your money to book Red Level. However a bigger surprise was to follow as the hotel apparently has no air conditioning. The weather was warmish and the rooms became stuffy however when repeatedly asking about air conditioning we were told, in writing, that because of the age of the building it is not possible for guests to regulate the temperature of their individual rooms. More than this the fan did not work so no air circulation In normal circumstances it might have been possible to open the balcony door but there are two nightclubs adjoining the hotel that at weekends keep going to 5 in the morning In addition there is not full double glazing so the sound if these clubs and the busy road outside keep you awake This is not as advertised and the facilities listed on the website are not available I have enjoyed many holidays over the years at Melia hotels but the way we were treated while tyere and in subsequent communications means I will avoid in future

On the face of it the location was excellent and the facilities good but dont be fooled

disappointing
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A large support pillar in middle of the room, arm chair in front of wardrobe made it very difficult to access wardrobe and safe. Our room was at the front of the hotel, a dog barked 24/7 the air con did not work so we needed the window open. The room was very old fashioned and badly designed.

The staff were very helpful and reception was very nice and the location good.

High Class hotel

Location - about a 20 minute walk from the old town. The area behind the hotel away from the marina is a little tired.

Fantastic hotel, view of the marina was amazing. Service top class. Rooms large and comfortable. nice boutique shops on the walk into town. Breakfast in the terrace well worth doing.

Very nice hotel for a short stay and a relaxing time.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

Traffic noise from the main road. Surrounding area was not the same as the hotel standard so we would take a taxi to another area for eating and drinking. Bedroom fitments were inadequate for our purpose ie small wardrobe and lack of drawer space for other clothing.

Hotel was lovely and in a good position by the Marina, we had a lovely sea view and the breakfasts were very good. The hotel was well maintained . I would've preferred more choice of food options in the evening as the there was only one restaurant which was fine dining and we didn't want that every evening.

Lovely rooms
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The road noise around the pool area which overlooked the main road to the port with 6 lanes of traffic!

The bed was enormous, although we did upgrade on arrival which also gave us a lovely view over the marina and cathedral. We enjoyed the walk into Palma old town ; others might find it too far.

LOVELY HOLIDAY IN A NICE HOTEL MARRED BY TRYING TO FOB US OFF WITH A CRAP ROOM.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

WHEN WE ARRIVED WE WERE ASKED IF WE WANTED TO UPGRADE FOR 60 EUROS PER NIGHT. I SAID NO AS WE WERE QUITE HAPPY WITH THE "DELUXE SIDE SEA VIEW ROOM" WE HAD BOOKED AND PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR MONTHS AGO. THEY THEN SAID WE WOULD HAVE TO GO IN A ROOM LOW DOWN IN THAT CASE AS THEY WERE FULLY BOOKED! THIS TURNED OUT TO BE A TINY ROOM WITH A BALCONY OVERLOOKED BY EVERYONE AT THE POOL WITH NO SEA VIEW AT ALL!! WE WENT BACK AND COMPLAINED AND WERE TOLD THAT THIS WAS A "DELUXE SIDE SEA VIEW ROOM" EVEN THOUGH MY WIFE HAD PICTURES ON HER PHONE FROM THEIR WEB SITE THAT PROVED IT WAS A BASIC ROOM!! EVENTUALLY AFTER MUCH ARGUMENT THEY MIRACULOUSLY FOUND A BETTER ROOM EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE FULLY BOOKED! STRANGELY ENOUGH THIS TURNED OUT TO BE THE ROOM I HAD BOOKED IN THE FIRST PLACE!! PLAN WAS OBVIOUSLY TO FOB US OFF WITH A CRAP ROOM AND THEN RE-SELL MY ROOM FOR MUCH MORE MONEY. THIS DID SPOIL THE START TO OUR HOLIDAY AND TOOK A FEW DAYS TO GET OVER. I ALSO FOUND THE POOL AREA TOO LOUD WITH TRAFFIC NOISE AND FUMES SO WE GOT A CAB TO THE BEACH TO RELAX INSTEAD.

SIDE SEA VIEW ROOM HAD A VERY PRIVATE BALCONY AND STUNNING VIEWS OF CATHEDRAL & MARINA. BREAKFAST WAS LOVELY.

Average at best.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The location, it is an ugly part of Palma. The swimming pool is bleak and ugly. The bedrooms were nothing special. The decor is confused and borderline tacky.

The bed was comply.

Great , comfortable and indulgent.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The Restaurant for evening meal was very poor. We had to wait 44 minutes between our starter and main course - we were the second couple only in the rest at that time. When arrived was undercooked, ( raw pork) and then came back burnt. No other main course was offered. The couple next door to us also sent their meal back. We discussed our concerns with the Hotel and without disagreement did not charge us. We hope they can improve this restaurant as everything else in the Hotel matches up to the 5* quality.

Excellent Breakfasts, staff always available to help, comfy beds and great views.

Calm, luxury, with the nice sea view, but expensive.
    • Premium Double Room with Sea View - Red Level with Executive Lounge Access

The rooms were quite small. In the toilet were no ventilation, and it is very uncomfortable when you are not alone in the room. Bath is very small either. I haven't found a spa out there. Also the pool water wasn't very warm. It is average 5 star hotel, with a good service and very beautiful interior, but the price for the rooms is too high for this. Nothing really special.

Staff were really good. Service in general is very good in any small detail. Sea view from the room were amazing. Location is a bit on the side, of the main city centre, but it still was very nice. I would recommend.

Fantastic! Would do it again.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Busy road between the hotel and the mariner , nothing can be done about that but the location is such that you're not bothered by it too much. The view is amazing, day and night. No hair dryer in the indoor pool area. We needed to get changed after checking out , however we were offered a courtesy room to shower etc and it did have a hair dryer.

Breakfast was lovely on the terrace. View fantastic. Some of the restaurant staff were a little gruff but it was a five star and we were on a budget. I think they're used to a wealthier clientele 😂 All in all, a fab hotel, good location

Lovely hotel that with a few subtle changes could be great
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

As above regarding housekeeping ..lovely breakfast but maybe more healthy choices green juices, and berries and less cakes

Lovely hotel and very helpful and engaging staff...what let it down slightly was the room wasn't serviced properly every day e.g. Dirty cups left in room and not replaced with clean ones, also a dirty champagne glass from our complimentary welcome drink (nice touch) was left in room for 3 days. Rooms quite traditional but very nice and lovely Clarins products.

A really good hotel in every way possible.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Rather expensive drinks etc, so tended to eat and drink out.

Everything! The standard was indeed 5 star, facilities excellent, staff - proffesional helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them and they genuinely wanted to please - ,which they did all the time. The breakfasts was one of the best I have had anywhere in the world!

An excellent hotel full of charm with great views across the bay.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

There was a large nightclub near the hotel and there was a little noise disruption in our room as the revellers left between 5 and 6am!

The view from the room and balcony was fabulous: across the bay towards the cathedral. The staff made our stay special and the hotel exuded an old world charm of quality decor and service. The breakfast buffet was extensive, most enjoyable and, as set in the restaurant and bar areas, enjoyed an excellent setting with views across the bay. We were delighted with our choice of hotel in all aspects.

Very dissapointing... room quality barely 3 star
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff were poor, overly target driven and in general a bit rude. Felt as if they were under a lot of pressure to 'upsell'... it actually appeared on our bill as 'upselling' :)

Breakfast was very good as was the terrace

A great hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The view was absolutely terrible (air conditioning unit of a night club next door). The wardrobe space was too shallow to hang our clothes. Really though it is hard to fault it!

The bed was very comfy, the hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The pool was spacious with lots of spots available in the sun and shade. It was a great location for access to the old town and

Good but not really a 5 star experience,
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Location is a good 25-30 min walk from the Old town in Palma, the area is also quite run down behind the hotel. Re. it being labeled a 5star hotel - Wi-Fi was pretty temperamental, you get an overly complicated control in Spanish to work all lights & curtains, there are also no English channels apart from news. You are only provided with a 0.5l bottle of water for 2 people per day, it was 37 degrees on Friday.. Our main gripe was the attitude of the reception staff on check-in though, they were rude and it wasn't a particularly memorable start to our holiday considering we paid for an upgrade to a sea view room, Overall it was not worth paying almost 400 euros per night to stay there,

Huge bed, Sea-view rooms are worth paying extra for with a nice balcony & amazing view, large swimming pool that is not too crowded

Nice Location, top Restaurant
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff is asking for my room number every Day for 7 Days??????? and no one call me by Name, this is not a 5*Service,sorry but in other countries its normal

Bed comfortable, Room clean

Wonderful short stay in Palma
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

The whole experience was a bit decadent. Everything was so excellent and of the highest quality. We loved sitting outside on the comfy sofas in the evening. The rooms were very comfortable and laid out well. We had nothing at all to complain about. On our last day we were allowed to sit around the pool after checking out and was offered a room to clean up before travelling to the airport. Most hospitable.

Beds were huge '& really comfortable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Not enough stoirage space for a longer stay & most hotels now have 2 sinks in bathroom so getting ready was a bit tricky

Beds were huge '& really comfortable

Not good business people

Management decisions

Bright and airy disappointed as recommended 4 couples to this hotel which would have stayed nearer town was told would look favourable on giving me a free up grade or comping breakfast didn't get any other as told fully booked but if I payed could up grade will not stay there again

Second room we upgraded to was very nice with spectacular...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room we were allocated on arrival was too hot and had an unpleasant smell (which was also evident in some other areas of the hotel). Have the feeling now with several experiences that Booking.com (and similar agents) rooms are always the worst in the house. We paid significantly for an upgrade to a nicer room with view but had to wait until after the week-end to get it. If we'd had to stay in the original room, I would have complained about the inability of the aircon to cope and the smell. Hotel prices for food and drinks (30 Euros for breakfast) seemed excessive.

Second room we upgraded to was very nice with spectacular view. Bed very comfortable. Pool and surrounds and Dry bar and surrounds were excellent. All the staff we encountered were very courteous and welcoming. Excellent location on Palma marina.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Comfort in a great location of Palma
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

The breakfast was plentiful however I didn't like the options. I like options that are available in the UK now. Vegan options would have suited me better although there were lots of choices available. I was also a bit disappointed with the fruit options served prepared. Big chunks of melon, not always ripe. Almost every day I had to ask for spoons for a bowl of fruit. Perhaps I was expected to use a knife and fork. There was always Mallorcan food available but there was no description of what it was. Not wanting to waste the food, I didn't try it if there was idea of what you would be eating. The hotel description included a spa, which was not open while we were there. This was a little disappointing. There was only one day when we saw entertainment. This was a brilliant pianist who accompanied are breakfast. Other than that, to our knowledge there was no other entertainment (We went in May).

The rooms were always extremely clean and comfy. We paid extra for a view over the marina and with a view of Palma Cathedral. It was worth the extra, but pricey. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The main foyer and entrance was very nice and in fact plush. The reception staff and maitre de were excellent. The porters also very friendly and helpful.

It was good but nothing exceptional
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Its noisy on a weekend and i thought 20 euros a day for parking was excessive when the car park was empty. The concierge wouldn't let me leave my car when I went into enquire about availability and I had to park on the main road which is I thought was just terrible.

It was a nice enough hotel, It should be good because it is by no means cheap. The staff are excellent, the rooms spacious and its in a relatively good location.

First class hotel in beautiful city

Liked it all

Great location. All the town in easy walking distance. Lovely friendly staff and excellent service. Tip ask to upgrade to a lower deck pool view room with easy access to the excellent pool and Dry bar area

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

A 6 Star experience on an amazing 5 Star hotel!!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

The breakfast is excellent!! The location is superb, especially because we had Cathederal and harbour view! The lounge bar outside is stunning! Fantastic pool at the hotel!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

General standard of accommodation, facilities and especially...

Proximity of pool to main corniche and the noise of the bottle bins being emptied at the restaurants across the road. Also, the view from my room (400) was of the service area and being awakened at 01.30 by noises vehicles was also not too good.

General standard of accommodation, facilities and especially staff is excellent. I would certainly return - just not to the same room!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Cheeky long weekend
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The bar service was long winded. The room service calls not answered had to go through reception.

On Arrival the service at check in was efficient there was no room upgrade offered which we would have taken however the hotel was full. The rom was comfortable and quiet situated overlooking the pool and marina with small balcony. The overall rating was only let down by the service in the bar and room service being extremely slow by anyone's standard, the location of the hotel is great for Palma and Taxis are plentiful, when ordered from hotel arrive in minutes. The check out was painless and late checkout request was agreed with no issues. Nice hotel in great location.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Fabulous! Can't wait to visit again
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Very relaxing visit. View was fabulous from room as well as from outside bar area. Staff was knowledgeable and offered suggestions on places to visit and how to get there. Nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel missing the umpfff!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

It is just not a 5 star hotel. it is a good 4 star at best. And you cannot really grasp it. The staff is ok but there is something missing. I would not stay there again. I had to stay at Melia Grand because my lovely Castillo Son Vida was booked. There is no comparison, except the price. They are very similar.

Bed was great! View was great!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

A lovely week in Palma
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was tight. To get down to the promnade from the back, one had to use quite a few stairs which was difficult if one had broblems with legs. From one side of the balcony there was a little bit of view while the other side had no view at all.

Staff were great. Very friendly and accommodating. Beautiful view.

Accommodation and staff 10 out 10. Food experience disappointing and overpriced.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

1 The breakfast - we had booked 'room only' as we cannot eat large meals every day. But on arrival we naturally booked in for breakfast on our first morning. It cost 20 euros per head, (29 euros per head if not booked the day before) so we were expecting a wonderful experience. But the selection of all foods - hot, cold, sweet, savoury - was limited compared with the spreads we have experienced in other cheaper Mallorca hotels. Worst of all, the fresh fruit (for us, this is a key feature of breakfasts in the Mediterranean) was under-ripe. Very disappointing - and annoying to read the review of another of your website's hotels nearby with similar facilities which charged only 14 euros per person for a well-reviewed breakfast! We never ate any more meals in the restaurant, which I had been looking forward to. We certainly had not expected to go out for all meals. Fortunately there was a good selection of eateries of all kinds that lined the promenade just a few yards from the hotel. 2 The electronically controlled curtains and lights in our room - fun but irritating not to have a manual override. Bedtime for us was like a 'son et lumiere' show as we searched among the 9 keys for the bedside reading lights!

The view from the room exceeded our expectation (mind you, we had paid top price to get it.) Superbly comfortable beds and pillows and smiling room maids. The outside and inside pool areas were beautiful and well serviced with lovely staff. Lift access to pool level was much appreciated. Reception area was lovely, light and airy with a sense of calm, friendliness and efficiency. The ice cream parlour immediately below the hotel (not connected with the hotel) was a bonus!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Five star hotel but 4* service.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Service at the main bar in Reception area was slow and not very welcoming. The main complaint we have was that our last night (Thursday, April 27th) was completely spoilt due to the very loud, private function, for around 100 people, which took place in the reception area. It was impossible to hear ourselves speak, the bar staff could not cope adequately as the whole evening was understaffed for both the event and for the regular hotel guests. There was no Night Manager on duty, we understand that he left the hotel at 21.30. Should there have been an incident, either with the private function or indeed a fire or terrorist incident, who was in charge?!!! We understand that the hotel does not have a function room - hard to believe from a 5* hotel, but if this is the case, you should not be holding functions. We complained the next day as there was no one to whom we could address our remarks on the night, but we left feeling that our complaint would not be taken too seriously. Overall we felt that we paid 5* prices for a 4* service. We will not be returning to this hotel.

The food and service in the Restaurant very good. Service around the pool was very good. Polite Reception and Porterage. Comfy bed. Excellent breakfast buffet although very pricey.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Hotel negligence resulted in a day in hospital for my partner - very poor after care - AVOID
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

My partner has a severe nut allergy and when we attended the buffet breakfast we took all reasonable steps to ask whether the bread contained nuts. They checked with the kitchen and informed us it did not. IT DID and as a result we had to rush to hospital where we spent the best part of our one full day in Palma on a drip being monitored. As well as putting my partner's health at risk it pretty much spoilt out stay. We arrive late on the Friday and were flying back to the UK on the Sunday so our one full day in Palma was spent in a hospital. We felt that as the hotel was at fault they would be prepared to invite us back free of charge to experience the stay we'd anticipated (nut free) but they saw it as an opportunity to make money out of our return, offer us four nights accommodation, out of season, for 500 Euros. Further emails ended with a last offer of one night complimentary. Not only did this hotel fail in its duty of care but it really does not know how to look after their customers. This would have cost them virtually nothing to have us return and would have avoided our now sharing our story with potential customers. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Great location and staff!

The Indoor pool is useless. Impossible to swim, because it is very little, impossible to do watergym, because it is too deep for it.

I like the staff - wonderful persons, the terrass, the location and the food.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The location was perfect, the accommodation and hotel both...

A minor gripe. Only 2 coffee sachets and two milk portions per day, alth

The location was perfect, the accommodation and hotel both stunning. The pool was a descent size with comfortable sunbeds. and a delicious lunch. The complimentary items were amazing, everything had been taken care of, including an extensive selection of teas. The staff were lovely, and very informative.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Fantastic Hotel

the breakfast was a little overpriced (in my opinion) for what you get. the prices in general are a little steep but I can understand with the service you are getting...

Room was absolutely fantastic. Staff was very friendly and hardly noticeable. You HAVE to try room service. I was blown away by what I received (it explained the price :))

It was my first visit and was very positively surprise.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Side Sea View

Luck of any service on swimming pool terace inspite of relatively high number of guests - to have chance to order cup of coffee or water would have been fine.

It was my first visit and was very positively surprise. The best was the staff fo the hotel (doesn't matter on which position) always prepared to help you and meet your wishes.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Not bad at all, but wouldn't rush back
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

Was quiet, but out of season in fairness, Only only one restaurant in the hotel, which is where you also have breakfast, so limited options really. 20 min walk into main town

Nice room with Sea View and large pool area

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

A luxurious short getaway
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

Front entrance down to port area a bit shabby

Lovely terrace bar / restaurant with attentive staff, beautiful room with harbour/ cathedral view well worth the extra cost for this

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

We had booked a room with a balcony and view on the harbour...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

We missed an electric water heater in the room. They assume guests use the water from the Nespresso coffee machine to prepare a cup of tea...which tastes really bad.

We had booked a room with a balcony and view on the harbour and cathedral. That's expensive, but we loved the view and recommend it to those who can afford it. We also particularly appreciated the quality of the beds.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

A place that deserve a hotel like this. Both amazing.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Difficult answer, maybe a cheap and a intern heated swimming pool.

I was already in anothers Gran Melia, and the shower in all of then in always amazing. :))

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

4 friends on a short break
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Sea and Cathedral View

Pancakes at breakfast were small and cold. Bathroom was on the small side.

The bed was comfy, breakfast was very good. Pool was lovely, pool towels were clean and fluffy.

Browse Gran Melia Victoria traveller photo gallery