Reviews of Grupotel Macarella Suites & Spa 4 stars

Gran Vía Son Xoriguer, s/n - Urb. Son Xoriguer, 07769 Son Xoriguer, Spain

#5 of 7 hotels in Son Xoriguer

Read more- opens a dialog box

Nice but would not go back unless outside school holidays
    • One-Bedroom Suite

It was very expensive, although given it was the school holidays, I think all hotels in Menorca are the same. The breakfast was not amazing, it was nice, but could be improved. The food in the outside bar was fast food, which maybe popular with other people, but not me.

The staff were very helpful and friendly when we arrived, the staff at reception were also helpful when we wanted to hire bikes. The staff at breakfast were also really nice.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Superb!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I don't normally leave reviews but on this occasion I felt as though the hotel truly deserves it. Everything was fabulous. The staff were really polite and always professional and willing to help. The spa and fitness centre (which includes a lovely little gym) was fantastic and really clean. I loved the indoor pool and the 3 little saunas. The grounds were nice and big and not at all overcrowded like in other hotels I have been to. The food was excellent (especially the big waffles with fresh cream and berries in the mornings!) My partner and I felt as though we were able to truly relax during our stay. The location is also very good as there is the Cala 'n Bosch beach and port within 5 minutes walking and you can always catch the bus directly opposite the hotel to Ciutadella. I will definitely be returning!

Fantastic, relaxing break, really enjoyable
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Maybe allow over 10 year olds in indoor pool (outdoor pool was cold!)

Delicious, wide range of food items for breakfast and dinner Helpful, friendly staff Clean rooms and facilities

VERY PLEASANT.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

DINING ROOM STAFF WERE OFTEN THIN ON THE GROUND AT BREAKFAST. AND THE 'FRESH EGG COOK' HAD TOO MUCH ELSE TO DO TO PRVIDE A GOOD SERVICE.

RECEPTION STAFF WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

Best holiday we have had.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

It was the best hotel we had ever stayed in everything was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was excellent and the hotel was spotless.

Worst experience ever
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Manager was extremely rude and our room view overlooked a supermarket. They refused to give us a better room, I would never book there as an independent traveller as they keep the best room for gusts on tour operator package deals.

Doesn't disappoint, great staff, great atmosphere and great rooms.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Music, music, music. Really needs a sound system in the pool area, I just think it would be icing on the cake for me.

The food was really good and with plenty of options. Facilities were great, decor was lovely, rooms were massive, and staff were amazing. Also, the spa was a refreshing and unexpected treat. Didn't disappoint!!

Great hotel and location!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The half board meal plan was excellent with a great buffet selection for breakfast and evening meal each day.

• One-Bedroom Suite

What's not to like - we loved it.

Everything was 1st class we could not fault it - absolutely excellent.

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.