Reviews of GPRO Valparaiso Palace & Spa 5 stars

Francisco Vidal Sureda 23, 07015 Palma de Mallorca, Spain

#29 of 73 hotels in Palma de Mallorca

Great stay and relaxation!
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

Location up the hill makes You walk a lot of stairs. That might be tough to elder people.

Very good hotel. Our room (Supreme) was perfect to 3 persons. Great place to a getaway!

A well located luxurious hotel with great gardens and pools
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

I would say that the paying spa was a bit of a surprise for us. When you book a hotel that has SPA in its name I guess you expect that as an included service. Beside that, the breakfast was a tad pricy althought very rich and tasteful.

A nice and comfortable hotel for families, couples. The lobby and shared areas are enjoyable, breakfast is great although quite pricy, and the swimming pools are amazing. The room was clean, comfortable, the bed was just short of great. Bathroom spacious and fancy. The location and staff was truly great.

freindly staff nice pool areas and nice spa
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

builders were working on room next dooor and woke us up banging and drilling early every morning. our deluxe suite was nice but not a suite IMO, no tea or coffee facilties in room had to ask twice and was told coffee was $1.50 each. too far to walk to get into Palma centre but quiet

freindly staff nice pool areas and nice spa

the view
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

the spa stuff in the afternoon. spa treatment is not good. specially the ayurveda massage, not very good. The reception had no iphone charger. The clark did nthe ot offer to help us with the luggage. in room dinner was not good, old food that was smelling. The laundry took 48 hours, im used to same day cleaning. the aircon remote was not working. Its not 5 stars, sorry.

the view

Nice hotel right outside the city centre

The hairdrier was a bit funny (disfunctional), had to use 2 buttons simultaneously so I basically needed 3 hands (one hand for holding the hairbrush) - I couldn't use it normally.

Very clean and the staff was very kind and friendly. Wide choice for breakfast and plenty of space around the pool. Room was spacious with a balcony and nice view. The bed was comfy. Bus to the city centre takes only 10 min.

Never to go back
    • Double or Twin Room

Very very poor noise insulation & uncomfortable bed and pillows. It did not help that it had all my hotel's pet hates as well; fixed and hard to use hair dryer, fixed coat hangers, no kettle or tea facility. No complimentary water. There's a Nespresso machine but only 2 free pods for a 5 day stay. Check-in staff is always on the edge as they have to deal with unhappy customers all the time. Not their fault obviously. The location is not great either, a long walk to everywhere. Worst five star in Palma I stayed at.

On the positive side, it was clean and the staff (other than check-in) was helpful and kind. It has some parking spaces as well.

Lovely hotel with great staff. Ideal for a relaxing short break.
    • Double or Twin Room

The spa is excellent and well worth a visit but the dirty line round the main pool was quite off putting. The jacuzzi beside the pool was not in good condition.

All staff were very welcoming. Room was a decent size with a lovely balcony and very comfortable bed.

Very relaxing and enjoyable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The lower pool was a construction site - we hadn't been warned. Reception is dated. Location is not great - not easy to get to the seafront on foot. Spent a lot on taxis.

The spa was lovely, the room was roomy and very comfortable, the staff were lovely and helpful. Always enough on hand to help.

Don`t eat pizza at the restaurant!
    • Double or Twin Room

We ate lunch at the hotel restaurant. Was a bit disappointing. My partner tried to eat a pizza, but was horrible. We mention about to the waiter, who ignore my statement. I`m sure he should`ve apologize at least or offer an exchange with another option. But nothing happen, he walked away ignoring us. Moreover I was charged 6.80 euro for some tap water. Decent experience, however I don`t recommend to eat on the restaurant.

Pleasant stay, good location, fab breakfast, kind and helpful staff but expensive, bad lunch.
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

We ate lunch once in the restaurant and it was very poor, bad service and very expensive. The only drinks menu on offer was on an ipad which you couldn't read with the sun and couldn't find easily the drinks you wanted.

Room every comfortable with great sea view. Delicious breakfasts.

Satisfactory
    • Double or Twin Room

No tea or coffee facilities in room, nor did the reception understand what an iron was on the telephone and i resigned to using A creased shirt.

Great place definitely potentially a 5 star, but you get what you pay for and this was a no frills 5 star. Very friendly staff.

Charming, beautiful and comfy hotel, but could be better without cheating on your booking!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

First of all, I made a booking for Sea View room but they came up asking me to pay an extra fee to give me what I booked!! And they declared that our room was the side view of the sea!! So how it comes when we book a Sea View room, and later they declare it was "Side View"?! I could book another 5stars hotel with that extra fee as well, If I already knew their trick. So If you see sea view option on booking options, it is not true, and they have a trick to charge you extra! I already told them this is not a good way to surprise people here but they didn't care and they charged me for that. Also, the big pool of hotel was under construction and it was out of service while it was not mentioned before than booking.

The best part of it was they made early check-in for us around 10 AM instead of 3 PM which was very nice of them, and I already appreciated that. Whole the resort was very charming, peaceful and nice, with kind staff in it, with lovely spa and pool. Great room-service as well.

Relaxing

My tapa of avocado and atún had what I would swear was an olive stone in it. I complained to the waitress who said it was a piece of avocado stone (but it was'nt). I did not make any more fuss but I was not happy. This was the only negative comment I can make.

The rooms are well supplied with towels and bathrobes. There is a second check on towels in the early evening. I found the breakfast very expensive and did not eat it in the hotel. I only take tea and fruit in the morning so paying 28 Euros for a full breakfast made no sense for me. I did eat in the restaurant and it was correct

Very recommendable for our type of people.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The staff, especially Sandra by reception, was helpful, kind and professional. The breakfast was excellent. The SPA was one of the best we've ever been.

Loved the breakfasts , eggs cooked perfectly every time and...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hill to walk up to hotel - but of course we could have taken a taxi or bus!

Loved the breakfasts , eggs cooked perfectly every time and glass of bubbly went down very well. Spa and pool very relaxing. We had a small problem with our room late on our first night , the staff were very good and immediately moved us to a new room without question.

Excellent spa and staff, but a few issues
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - for Single Use

Very slippery floors in the spa. A couple of spa facilities not working. Slight 1970s feel around the hotel at times. Room was lovely, but definitely not the class I paid for.

The staff were outstanding. Food was excellent, both breakfast/dinner and in the bar next to reception. Fantastic spa.

Great relaxing stay, wonderful hospitality.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - for Single Use

Possibly offer an airport shuttle. The meal hours were not what I was used to.

It was the off season for Palma, and the hotel was very quiet, but super relaxing. I will definitely come back.

All is good but SPA is too expensive and also they don't give any appointment although the hotel was
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

Everything us fine except I lost my sunglasses from my room or Taxi but no body give me any positive reply.

Rooms are very clean, beds are quite comfortable Ap but the internet is not working properly and moreover I lost my sunglasses and nobody in the reception give me positive feedback about my sunglasses. I called 4-5 times in the reception and even met the concerned person but no response.its not fair in such five star hotels.

Extremely comfortable and relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room

The spa is fantastic and the staff very attentive, I visit regulary as a special treat. It is close enough to Palma centre. We always leave feeling very relaxed and content. We will continue to visit!

Great SPA, good service, horrible food quality in restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

We travelled for a anniversary - which i mentioned when booking. I asked for double bed - instead we got 2 single beds pushed together.... And they kept on sliding appart while sleeping :( I found myself in between of 2 beds every morning :( Restaurant way overpriced and very bad quality :( No kettle for tea/coffe in the room...

Spa was great. Room was bright and good size. Service in the restaurant was pleasant - sadly the food ruins that experience...

Excellent holiday in a very relaxing environment
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

You did have to get taxi to most places but it wasn't an issue getting them as the hotel ordered them. But if we had a hotel closer to Palma the facilities wouldn't have been as good.

The hotel staff were very welcoming we arrived early on our first day and were invited for a complimentary breakfast. The staff around the pool and the bar were excellent. Breakfast was very good with a great choice. The pastries were lovely. Lunch in the bar was also good. We did not try dinner as we went out each evening.

Stressful!
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

The Taxi service I booked with Booking.com did not arrive, after waiting 1 hour at the airport and ringing London was told that I need to take a local one.. I definitely would not book another taxi through booking.com, as I was told that it is nothing to do with them and I need to take it up privately..!! What was the point of having this service!!

We were two hours late to check out, as waiting for a taxi to the beach and it cost me €60 extra just for beach that Southend was better!! Next time will book a hotel next to the beach but the island was disappointed .. the weather!!

I had a good relaxing holiday and the accommodation was a key contribution to that fact.
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

No negative aspects to my stay at all.

Friendly staff from the get go. Poolside bar and food facilities excellent. Short walk (down hill) to Porta Pi to good shops and services.

Breakfast and Wellness was nice.
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View - for Single Use

The check in was very long (took 30 minutes) and rooms at this high class hotel should be ready at 1:00pm and not after arriving at 11:00 am to wait 3 hrs for your room to be ready. Loud groups in the hotel partied until 4am next morning and management did not interviere at all. Regret but will never come back

Breakfast and Wellness was nice.

Good for short stay in Palma.
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

Early checkout. Breakfast wasn't prepared as agreed. Guy on reception couldn't be bothered to help. Unfortunate as normal desk staff were very attentive and helpful.

Good Spa

Lovely hotel very relaxing.
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

The price. Jet2 had a better price including flight abd B and B at a better rate than booking.com.

Superb breakfast. Lovely hotel with a large pool. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I had my purse stolen whilst on the no 46 bus into Palma. The staff were extremely helpful and supportive.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Hi
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Hi there was a good hotel. It was very clean and also had a beautiful view. But at first I did not add a bed to our 6-year-old son, forced us to get a suite and add up to a thousand euros, while most hotels are free for a child under the age of 12😟😟😟😟

Fantastic hotel would defiantly stay again would just try and get a deal that included the breakfast
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The price of the breakfast as it wasn't included in the room price and was €28 each, its in a residential location so there are no other options. The location had great views but was defiantly a cab ride into Palma which to be fair was easy to do and only cost around €7 to €10.

The rooms were very large and comfortable and the facilities i.e. pools and spa were incredible.

The house keeping staff are good
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

They have bad bad concierge and the hotel facility are not well maintained. I stayed the whole stay can't use my sink in the bathroom, because the water don't drain. I called them several time they they told me it is fixed but they did not fix it. One of my rooms the air conditioning not working for the whole stay. When i make the reservation the information from booking showed me that the room is superior but actually its not its very small. I book one of my room with booking stating 3 in the room and i accept the value, when I arrived they charge me for the third person each night. When i checked in the took my credit card to hold an extra charges in advance which is normal , but when i checked out the did not use the same authorization number to deduct the extras.

The house keeping staff are good

Long weekend
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

No hotel shuttle service, but there is the local bus service which runs every 10/15 mins

The location is excellent out the way and the views of the bay are excellent as our room was on the 4th floor. The swimming pool's area is one of the best I have seen and the sun beds which we never had a problem of getting are very comfortable.

Very comfortable and beautiful hotel that deserves to be...

The hotel is a couple of miles from the city centre (10 Euros by Taxi). We experienced slow service at the restaurant, but nothing to get too upset about.

Very comfortable and beautiful hotel that deserves to be called a luxury resort. Breakfast is great, and the room was big and had great (sea)view. Pool and pool areas are fantastic and invites you to spend the entire daytime at the resort.

Room was very spacious.

Service at the restaurant was not the best.

Room was very spacious. Pools are excellent. Good pool side service from the bar/restaurant. Evening meal didn't quite live up to the standard of the Hotel for all of our party but the entertainment provided by a duet was excellent. Views over Palma are superb.

Lovely relaxing break
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

More child friendly evening menu

The chefs at breakfast were excellent cooking your eggs to perfection & the museli is beautiful! Great entertainment at night

Excellent stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The coffee at the breakfast buffet could be better. The value for money regarding dinner is not so good. It's expensive compared to excellent restaurants in Palma.

The breakfast buffet was excellent! And the staff is super friendly!!!! Love the salty pool water, good for the skin!

Excellent hotel- have stayed 3 times previously and would...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

They supply a nespresso coffee maker in the room but you are only given one pod/milk sachet for your whole stay- you have to pay for any more! Rather stingy we thought. Also they don't provide any water in the rooms, which most hotels we have stayed in do.... for free.....

Excellent hotel- have stayed 3 times previously and would thoroughly recommend. Lovely pool areas and gardens. Breakfast excellent with fresh fruit, fresh juices, freshly-cooked eggs/omelettes/pancakes and a huge range to choose from. Evening meals good value and very good quality, and wine list varied with good choice across price ranges. Relatively easy to get into Palma centre, either by bus which goes from outside the hotel, or by taxi. Large supermarket and small shopping centre 10 minutes walk.

The bed was comfy and the food even though expensive is it...
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

That was not a 5 star hotel! For the price that we paid we expected more from the hotel. The swimming pool was dirty! The location was far from everything and with nothing else around. unless you take a taxi to the town you are forced to eat there and get your drinks and snacks there and it's very very expensive. The breakfast was average. Twice the cleaning ladies left their cleaning products in our room. Not enough staff and you always had to queue up to order a taxi or ask a question. We paid for a room with a view and instead we had a view of a terrace. Wifi barely works in the room and extremely slow and does not work at the pool. Spa prices are outrageous!

The bed was comfy and the food even though expensive is it was tasty.

Superb

Nothing it was excellent

Great location, room had fabulous views of Palma bay and port. Breakfast choice best we have ever had and lunch was excellent. Easy access to Palma and by bus (€1.5 each)or taxi (€8.00) and Illetas beach.

Hotel to be recommended

Food was disappointing.

The heated indoor/outdoor pool was very satisfactory for daily exercises.It is also fun.Sun deck at outdoor pools spacious with very comfortable deck chairs

Wonderful location and fine hotel
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

Had to push a bit to get the pool service to provide the level expected for such a hotel. In the end it worked out fine :)

The hotel doesnt have access to the ocean/beaches but it offers fantastic view over the bay area and Palma city. Excellent pool area. Not many families with small children. Nice overall environment. Quite easy to reach city centre. We had own car - but a taxi takes you there for app 8-10 Euros. I would definately chose this hotel again - especially if the relaxing at pool during day time is appreciated..

Nice relaxing hotels with a spa
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Nothing around the property - you need to get a taxi to go for a coffee or a pharmacy. Rooms did not look like a 5 star- a bit tired.

Nice spa pool with warm water and plenty of towels at the pool. The mattress was decent and the air conditioning is far enough from the bed so it doesn't blow directly on a person while sleeping. Cleaning ladies were quiet - no screaming early the morning while talking to each other which normally happens a lot in Spain

A lovely weekend getaway
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Tea and coffee making facilities in the room would have been good along with blackout blinds or curtains. 28 euro for a breakfast also seemed excessive.

Lovely, well maintained room during the stay. The pool areas were lovely and clean, with plenty of towels for the pool.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Beautiful first class hotel and resort.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beautiful grounds with several swimming pools and fabulous spa. Had one of the best massages in my life there. Good food . Great place to stay near the airport before flying home or to your next destination . Loved it.

close to perfect weekend

would have been nice to have coffee making facilities in the room, that said, i asked for a kettle and they brought one up for me. Also, not great there was no free water in a 5* hotel ... when u pay a lot for a room, water should be a given. The water on offer in the room was 4 euro for less than half a litre - thankfully there's a shop about 2min walk down the hill and to the right - 6x bottles for the same price - snacks obv a lot cheaper too. Lastly, wanted late check out for a couple hrs, charge was €60 ... personally think that's a bit much especially for just a couple hrs, and especially when the hotel wasn't really full.

lovely and mostly quiet hotel - ideal spot for a relaxing weekend away. 20mins from airport and in a nice quiet part of the island, 10mins in cab from center of town (15/20mins on the 46 bus). Staff are all super friendly/helpful - no complaints. Nice to have a glass of champagne on arrival - makes all the difference. Breakfast was really good - extensive range of produce on offer, all eggs made to order so no soggy scrambled eggs here. The spa facilities are really good, and a lot of space - used it twice, quiet both times. Didn't bother with treatments as they were a bit pricey, even for a treat (70eur for a manicure.....). Gym is basic but everything u need for a decent workout - unfortunately they wasted space on a bicep curl machine, and ab deck so back machines are limited, but plenty of free weights to use. and the location is great for going for a run - few hundred meters away from the path that runs all along the seafront .... beware coming back though as there is a steep hill to climb! 2 large pools, lots of sunbeds, a bit chilly, preferred the indoor pool this time of year. Few restaurants walking distance away (again, beware of the steep climb back to the hotel!) though the hotel bistro restaurant is top notch!

Not first time in this hotel.
    • Suite

Not first time in this hotel. Very good location. Incredible View. Nice flowers,chocolate and cava for present. Everything was perfect.The staff very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Good hotel for a weekend break
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

Unfortunately the indoor pool was closed which was a shame as we had planned to use it.

Delightful hotel - out of season so quiet. Quite a walk into the centre of Palma but we enjoyed it.

overlooking Palma
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I We booked a Deluxe Double Room with sea view and where given one at the back /side of the hotel with rather not interesting sea views..but what was really not pleasant was that constant noise during the night from the neighboring area..when we closed the windows it was getting too stuffy even with air-condition on. During the day also noise from a building site. Out of our 4 days 2 days the spa where closed 😐 and the last problem was it was too far away from nice bars/restaurants. Had to take a bus/taxi nearly all the time. Pool outside freezing..so couldn't use it. Price too high for what you get!

The view from the balcony was stunning

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

An excellent hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were extremely helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We were celebrating two special events and were upgraded and given complimentary Cava. The Spa area was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

A very nice hotel on the edge of Palma
    • Double or Twin Room

If you want to walk into Palma proper, it will take at least 30 minutes. However there is a bus stop outside of the hotel and the staff are very clear which bus to catch & where to catch it to return. This is a luxury hotel so be prepared to pay more for any meals. As with most European hotels, the air con is controlled by reception - I personally would have preferred it a little cooler but that's only my preference.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful - very professional.The room was large and very nicely furnished. It was quiet. My husband liked the outside parking. We were traveling by ferry and it is in the same area, so that was a plus.

The spa is one of the best I have visited
    • Double or Twin Room

Upon reserving I booked a double room with a double bed but was given a room with two single beds even though the hotel was not fully booked

The spa is one of the best I have visited

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Spa weekend
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

We felt that the Indoor pool area wasn't very clean especially the hot tub.

The Staff were very helpful and welcoming and the breakfast was excellent. The free wifi was really useful and the location was great for us as we had a car. The view of the bay of Palma was really lovely too. The outdoor pools and gardens were beautiful and well tended. We enjoyed waking up to the sound of all the waterfalls and the birds singing.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Nice stay in Palma
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The main heading of the room on the booking site was a little misleading as it mentioned "sea view " while it appeared to be a partial sea view .The staff highlighted that in the further description of the room it was mentioned "sea and mountain view" but it would have been better to include it in the website heading .They agreed to change the room for one with full sea view and for a minimal extra cost.

The staff of the hotel at the reception and in the restaurants was extremely friendly and helpful .The room was spacious and nicely decorated with a balcony and a fantastic view on the Palma bay.Both restaurants are good and the breakfast buffet is excellent despite the poor quality of the jams.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good quality hotel- great spa
    • Double or Twin Room

No cattle in the room Could be some coffee and tee in the room

Heated pool Free spa access The chinese guy at the reception- was so nice- and the staff in general

Great place for a relaxing break
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Some waiters were a bit eager to take your food and drinks away before you had finished them. The main restaurant had a very limited menu over the xmas and new year break. The gym could use some more equipment for a hotel of its size. The location is not overly convenient for other places but if you want to relax you have everything on site and the city centre is about a 25 minute walk or 7 euro taxi ride.

The staff were helpful and friendly. The spa facilities are excellent. The rooms were spacious. Breakfast spread is comprehensive. The pools are clean, although it is difficult to assess sufficiency of sunbeds etc out of season.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Mediocre
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View - for Single Use

The room was cold and the heating was only addressed at the second time of asking. The room controller clearly didn't work.

Newspapers at breakfast. Free parking outside.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Beautiful autumnal break!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast was a little pricey, so we decided to eat outside of the hotel - this wasn't a problem at all though.

An absolutely fabulous hotel in Palma with beautiful rooms, wonderful spa and pools (both indoor and outdoor), fantastically helpful staff (special thanks to Natasha) and a peaceful location - it is a little way out of the centre of Palma but the number 46 bus is very convenient and taxis are not too expensive.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Over-rated 5 star hotel with wellness area
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View - for Single Use

Most of the rooms, especially the Deluxe rooms have no sun on the balconies, some of the deluxe rooms even are close to the noise street, you could not sleep with an open balcony door, service at the pool area was not available, pool bar and wellness bar are closed, it's not really worth paying the up price from standard to deluxe. Room price for single use should not be higher than 150,- Euro

Nice pool area and wellness area, enough parking space for free available

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Views from room were stunning.
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

We booked a room with a view and on arrival found that the room allocated to us had a view of a very large palm tree which obscued everything else. The reception staff were very helpful and we were moved to a more suitable location the next day

Views from room were stunning.Very helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast although pricey was fantastic and worth every euro.We also enjoyed the restaurant

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Excellent breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Late check in, View from the "Sea-view" room, saw only part of the sea, the rest was the tennis court. Noise level on the balcony, air-conditioner unit below.

Excellent breakfast. Nice and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Excellent place to spend a great time

Nothing 😉

Everything I'm speachless about the luxury I've found there. Next year I plan to go agaib for 3/4 days. Thanks very much , Ciprian Marian RIZEA Bye 😀.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Relaxing break
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View (3 Adults)

Restaurant slightly lacking in atmosphere and whilst food and drinks were good the prices are high. Also, no alternative to full breakfast. Pool bar serves coffee but not breakfast snacks such as fruit, croissants or similar.

Fabulous hotel with great views. Pleasant walk to town and reasonable taxi back. Very quiet and staff all friendly and helpful. Pool area wonderful with drinks served to sunbed, plentiful towels etc

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Excellent hotel with outstanding service from every staff member
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

Some pool & jacuzzi tiling in the spa could do with a spruce .

5* service from all the staff with a lovely welcome drink on arrival.kComplimentary cava & chocs in our room as it was our anniversary . Great breakfast choice . Huge comfortable bed & spacious bedroom with stunning harbour views. Hotel & room immaculate .Fabulous outdoor pool & garden .

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

VERY DISAPPOINTING - NO SUSTAINED RELAXATION DUE TO STAFF INCOMPETENCE AND ARROGANT MANAGEMENT
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The location is very poor and difficult and this should have been more explained that it is up several steep hills and one has to have a car or pay for taxis as it is quite a way out of Palma. Only two small restaurants open in September and in room service was appalling - food cold and inaccurate. The staff are in the main incompetent, inconsistent in approach and knowledge and sloppy and the General Manager Mr Ferrer, his Guest Relations Manager Natascha Eschke and his duty Management team are appallingly rude and indifferent to the complaints and issues of customers and very arrogant indeed. They are very collusive and a closed shop and are very non transparent in who in China actually owns the hotel and to whom one can contact to escalate complaints - very secretive etc. Senior Management constantly missing from hotel and only deputy managers on duty at all times who are arrogant and indifferent to complaints and issues, always trying to avoid the need for genuine compensation to cover each issue and very poor service - no one cared when we arrived at 1.30 am - carried two of our bags ourselves, no info in the room,and room service food was appalling. Spa untidy and dirty at times. No information given as to how one can escalate complaints. Very defensive and aggressive and hostile reaction to deficits of hotel made by us and others.

The Spa and pools are very good and the views are lovely and the rooms are well sound proofed but one pays the price for this as the location is up hill and remote unless using a car or taxis which are expensive - hotel very overpriced and food just average in restaurants. Hotel itself is very unsophisticated and bland.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

What a wonderful place
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

We made a reservation for a non smoking room and they put us in a smoking room in the first day but they react very quickly and change our room in the next day

The facilities, thermal area and the staff. Everything was real nice.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

A little bit off the beaten track. Taxis everywhere were required.

Very professional staff, high comfort rooms, great sea views, and excellent spa facilities. Also, comp cava in room as we had an anniversary. Thank you for that!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Enjoyed our stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

No kettle and tea facilities in rooms, a couple of memebers of staff were a bit awkward.

Great welcome on arrival and reception staff were helpful. Excellent pools with plenty of loungers and great poolside drinks service. The spa was lovely and the staff there were nice. Breakfast was also great.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

the location is great in palma as its in a quiet area where...
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

the location is great in palma as its in a quiet area where you can relax and unwind. Getting to the centre from the hotel is easy enough if you want to do so. The hotel itself is very nicely presented, the facilities are good with a decent gym and an excellent spa. The rooms are a good size and very comfortable, the bed was great and the acoustic insulation between rooms good as we heard nothing while we stayed there. The staff were all friendly and helpfull.

Great spa hotel, stunning views
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

I liked it all, we used a taxi to get to the old town area, which was fine for us, being away from the hustle and bustle meant great views. For those who like to walk it is a steep route up from the waterfront.

Stunning sea views, lovely spa and spacious pools. The staff were friendly and courteous. Palma was fantastic I will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

5star and charge you for ice?
    • Supreme Double Room with Sea View

No kettle in room until we asked for one,then charged for cups and 2 teabags and milk . 5 star hotel ?only suites have a kettle . Travel lodges even have a kettle!Charged 3 euros for ice to be brought to room ! Apparently new policy . Get ice machines on each floor then. No iron Definitely need taxi or car . Pool service very slow . Not a lot of atmosphere by pools.

Very clean , lovely staff , very comfortable bed. Good selection of English channels on TV.Sun loungers well padded . Amazing view over Palma . Taxis very prompt.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

We booked and paid 6 months before our visit, requesting...

We booked and paid 6 months before our visit, requesting connecting rooms as we were travelling with our 3 children. We were originally given rooms apart and on the smoking floor. Once the air freshener had evaporated it became clear that the children's room in particular smelled very heavily of smoke. We complained and were eventually moved to connecting rooms which were much smaller and we felt, of a lower standard than we had booked. Furthermore, there was no apology from the staff and our concerns were not taken seriously.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

You need a car as position of hotel high up and nothing much to do around it. Buses every 20 m
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast included in price or cheaper.

Hotel beautiful. Rooms and bathroom nice and clean. Lovely views. Some meals reasonable and restaurants in lovely setting.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Hugely disappointed - stayed in a lot of top hotels and service here soured the weekend away
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

On check-in a terrible experience - the hotel's mistake claiming that we booked for one person (we had proof otherwise) and would have to pay an additional €100 - not greeting us with a welcome or 'how was your flight' as you would expect from a top hotel. Eventually sorted this but at 4am not how you want the trip to start! Also find it staggering that with this supposed level of hotel they charge for tea and coffee facilities in the room! Had to chase up to get room cleaned. Deluxe room with sea view looks much better on the photos than ours was.

Pool areas were nice and quiet.

Very nice hotel to go
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The food at the restaurant. Very basic.

Very nice hotel to go

el spa insuperable, las diferentes piscinas excepcionales

el spa insuperable, las diferentes piscinas excepcionales

Excellent facilities, great breakfast

Excellent facilities, great breakfast

excellent relaxing time, 2nd time we have been and will definitely will go back.

the breakfast is amazing