Reviews of NH Collection Barcelona Tower 5 stars

Gran Via, 144, 08907 Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain

#14 of 55 hotels in Hospitalet de Llobregat

Top Barcelona Airport hotel with good city access
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- a bit far from the center of course - no restaurants around and hotel restaurant expensive

- The bed and room interior - big gym (but extra charge) - in 10 mins to the aiport - directly at main metro line 1

OK hotel with bad service
    • Suite with Extra Bed

Extremely bad service experience. The staff spent 30min to check in, and afterwards I realized everything in the room is for 2 persons, but we booked room for 3 persons. I called twice service table to bring extra sheets and things for us, during the mean time, there were two staff came into our room and check the consumptions in the minibar for PREVIOUS customers, asking whether we have taken two bottles of water from fridge, which means they have not realized that new residents already checked in to this room. The next day early morning, we checked out around 2.50 am, and the man in the reception was in extremely bad temper, and the others queued in front of us experienced the same. Btw, I requested the e-invoice for our bills to him, and still did not receive it after 4 days.

The room is very big, modern and comfortable, well equipped. 15 min only by taxi to Airport. Very nice view.

nice rooms with a view
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

shuttle not really working - few therefore full cleaning teams coming randomly, can never be sure you will have an undisturbed siesta in your room

great location, close to the airport modern, clean rooms with a view good tourist information

Nice rooms, reception area, very good breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

Some problems with the shuttle bus, The outside surroundings of the hotel we're not well maintained. Check-in is took a very long time and swimming pool was not available to children under 18 and also only available to adults at a €12 cost per person

Nice rooms, reception area, very good breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Staff and hotel were fabulous.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

Staff and hotel were fabulous. The restaurant was lovely as well. If you are looking for a hotel close to the airport (free airport shuttle!!) this is perfect.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

unbelievable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was a really bad experience, I don't know how to rank five stars. The hotel's quilts were not washed at all, and were covered in dark, unidentified liquid that had been frozen for a long time. It's all on the carpet, blood or chocolate. It's disgusting. Call customer service and they say they're off duty. I just got a very thin blanket for me, and I need to replace it myself... And no apologies. It's too much to give them a point

stressfull
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

one of the reception especially at night is not friendly, luck of coordination regarding billing. i made a prepaid booking only to find out that i have to pay and what's worst is the reception, particularly the guy in the night reception was so unfriendly since he insist that i pay upfront otherwise he wont accept my guests, it is not that i am willing to pay, i explained my situation but this is what he made me felt that as if im gonna run away without paying???? and it was like 1AM! due to flight delay, when we just arrived? not good in terms of customer service. Other than that. in fairness to one of the female reception, she was able to explain to me well and gave consideration of what i am complaining.

room was nice and comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Feels like an updated hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A/c stopped working, had to wait for them to repair, broken items in room some base boards , stereo in room , just a lack of of maintenance

Feels like an updated hotel

Airport Hotel?
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Internet You cutoff the speed of the WiFi at a max of 2 Mbps which is the slowest I have seen this year and I stay around 170 nights in hotels per year so I can compare different hotels easily. As a captain of a private airline I need to download the navigation databases for our airplanes and your WiFi would not do it in less than 10 hours as it interrupts after some time and throws off the download. The normal time is 12 minutes in a standard hotel environment, at home and some selected hotels in Europe it takes 2 minutes! Just to give you an idea of the difference. These hotels provide a 50 to 100 Mbps WiFi for free. Gym That you charge 12 Euros for fitness is a rip-off. This is the first 5 Star hotel I have visited where the gym is not included. The gym should be free, you can charge for the spa and pool. Hotel shuttle The times for the hotel shuttle are ridiculous. Booking an airport hotel I expect it to be located at the airport in walking distance. If not in walking distance a decent shuttle service has to be provided. For example there are no shuttles between 09:20 and 11:00. The last one is 20:00 and then nothing up to 07:20 in the morning. For an aircrew this is unacceptable as we need to reach our flights. Also It was emphasized that this is a first come first serve system, so you can not even book it. Asked why this marginal performance for a “5 Star” so called “Airport Hotel” is established I was told by the day manager: “ There is only one driver and it is complementary” So improve the system or stop pretending to be an airport hotel. I have observed guests being forced to quickly book a taxi because they did not get on the little minibus.

Nice rooms, quiet, comfortable beds, good breakfast, close to underground station, air conditioning that works well.

Amazing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We only stayed for one night and didn't get the chance to see the entire hotel but the room was amazing, we had an upgrade and they gave us a two floor suite with an incredible view and jacuzzi! We were very impressed. Room super clean, amenities of great quality.

The restaurant has a really good menu and the attention is...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

You have to pay for the pool and the gym

The restaurant has a really good menu and the attention is awesome. If you have an early flight in the morning still have the chance to have some coffe and juices for free before leaving.

Good size of the room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel is a 5 star hotel but offert only a poor 4 star service: I am working in a 5* hotel and I can tell you that service proposed on this NH is not enough good: Cold welcome (no explanation about hotel services) + We ask for a double bed and they give us a twin bed room + no kettle in the room (there is everything to prepare Coffee but not the kettle!) + mistake on the restaurant bill (they charge a more expensive dessert) + a small shuttle to bring you to airport so there was not enough seats for all hotel guests, you have to take the bus or taxi on your on expenses! We were very happy with the NH Cordoba but this one in Barcelona is disappointing, not a good value !

Good size of the room Super breakfast with a large choice

4 stars service not 5 stars
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Arrived at airport at 22:30 and don't have shuttle to the hotel I call to hotel and the reception put me to holding and after that don't answer more very bad service 03 August at 22:45

Lively rooms and good shower, only 10 minutes away from...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee in the room but no kettle. Shuttle from airport stops at 8pm and does not start before 7.20am and therefore we had to use a taxi both ways from the airport at 24 euros each way

Lively rooms and good shower, only 10 minutes away from airport, helpful staff.

One-night stay for lay-over between flights
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room A/C was not cooling. Public facilities and room are worn out. Very slow check-in, it took more than one hour since we arrived from airport until we made it to our rooms. Food is pricey for what you get.

Location, breakfast and shuttle service.

The staff was very nice.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

THe first night we had electric failures and the A/C stopped working. Fortunately the problem was fixed the next day.

The staff was very nice. The bathroom really spacious and the bed extra comfy,

Overall we were pretty happy with our stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We arrived at 7am in the morning after a series of 24 hours of flying from the other side of the world. We desperately wanted a shower as we felt terrible. We asked if we could use the pools shower facilities as we believed this was included with our room - we understood our room would not be ready in time when we arrived. We were told this was going to be an extra charge which was very disappointing. We were able to change our clothes in the reception bathrooms, but did leave the property for the day not feeling great.

The property was very clean and tidy - with great view and facilities.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The view is wonderful and the room is very comfortable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was difficult to find, particularly since the signs on the building do not match the name of the hotel. There is not much going on in the neighborhood of the hotel: very few restaurants and bars, no street life, etc.

The view is wonderful and the room is very comfortable.

Not a 5* standards hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Upon check out (at 10:05) they gave as an invoice overcharging us. They charged 3hours late check out (even thought we checked out 2hrs earlier and also charged the pool use for 2 days even though we used it one day. We refused to pay and they deducted the overcharges from our bill. Even though I speak Spanish the communication was very bad. The reception staff don’t speak English to a level of communication and they are not informative at all. There was a taxi strike and we found out by accident 5 minutes before we depart for the airport.

The dinner restaurant staff were very kind and the restaurant its self as well. Amazing breakfast also! If you wish to stay close to the airport, the location is perfect.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Classy and beautiful, but a bit stiff and clinical. Service was mixed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool was separate from the Hotel and more like a public gym / training pool. You needed to pay extra, get a token from the Hotel and have a swim cap. If you're the gym-junkie type you'll like it. If you're more like us and just want a place at the Hotel you can relax and cool off, you probably won't like it. Some of the staff were very professional, while others not so. One of the young girls was so busy openly flirting with a group of young guys that she ignored us for about 15 minutes while we were waiting for service. An older gentleman turned up soon after and provided brilliant service.

The shower was brilliant - built in back massage spurts (if you're tall enough). Breakfast was excellent. Location good for airport and Metro (which gives City access), but not close for walking to City.

Modern interior, great value for the price, all facilities...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The shuttle service could run more, but there is a direct bus.

Modern interior, great value for the price, all facilities were amazing, spacious room, easy to access from the airport.

Nice
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I asked to be woken up at 4.30 am and they didn't. I mentioned it at checkout and they simply said the person from the previous shift didn't leave a note. No apology. Obviously I had also set my alarm but I didn't expect that.Besides that the room is very nice

Not worthy of 5 stars, dusty and expensive.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast cost 22 euros per person, and was very disappointing. Room was dusty and old fashioned, not at all what I expected for a five star hotel. Pool and health club facilities cost extra, and required a swim cap. The hotel's elevator system was unnecessarily complicated and slow.

The tax i had to pay once i checked out was not mentioned...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The tax i had to pay once i checked out was not mentioned anywhere and should have be told to me before hand. I just feel its leaving it late and can really affect someone if they are not prepared.

Would make a good prison
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel lacks any charm. Staff are inexperience and some are rude. Room keys dont work properly. Breakfast is average. Nothing around this hotel.

Its clean and close to the airport

Short stay but good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

As an "airport hotel" a bit far from airport, but the distance would be OK, the price shocked us: 21 euros to go from Airport to the hotel then next morning 26 euros to return! 47 euros we can rent a nice car.... Restaurant is not prepared to people with dietary problems such as diabetes, allergies etc.... they should follow the new "trend" as more and more people has more and more health issues and so they need different foods instead of those regular wheat/sugar/diary products. They had no alternative milks, yogurts, no bread without gluten and sugar, no sugar free products..... etc.

Room was extremely good, loved the mattress and the huge bathroom! Loved the scale as well.

Great view, great room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

Check-In took some long minutes, without any explanation or excuses. But check-out was very fast. The prices for the minibar and breakfast are very high (the quality of the breakfast buffet was excellent, no doubt about it) .

I got a room in 20th floor with view to the city of Barcelona (but it's still far away, so you can't see any details of Sagrada Familia or the Olympic park) . The bathroom (especially the shower) was really great, the TV big, the windows floor-to-ceiling. The free shuttle service from and to the airport was fast, comfortable and in time.

Horrified!
    • Suite with Extra Bed

1. Airport shuttle driver didn't come to pick us up and lied about it to front desl staff. 2. Hotel staff we called left us stranded with no return call. 3. Restaurant manager didn't take ownership for the cleanliness of the restaurant. 4. The front desk and bus boy failed to get us a spot on airport shuttle to catch our flight home. 5. The first room they gave us wasn't cleaned from previous guest.

The breakfast fruit was fresh but not good value for your money.

Trip to Barcelona

They offered us shuttleservice to airport, but after 15 minutes it was not true, but our bus which we want to go to airport was on the way. They say only : I am sorry It was for me very big mistake from them.

So close to the airport and the place is just gorgeous.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We were given a key of a occupied room. They fixed quickly and gave us a better one!

So close to the airport and the place is just gorgeous. Good location and very updated rooms. I’ll Definitely stay there when I’m back to Barcelona

Great room but be careful of extra charges
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shuttle transfer bus that is advertised not operating very late. The gym is an extra cost on top of room rate which is very unusual despite the website advertising use of a gym - a great disappointment to me. To me it is like charging for use of the toilet.

The room was amazing. Decor terrific.

A perfectly nice hotel but the food (I ordered room service)...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A perfectly nice hotel but the food (I ordered room service) was sub-par and not cheap. Worth noting that the shuttle from the airport does not run after 8.20pm. A taxi from terminal 2 cost me over €22.

Very modern.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff in the lobby appeared annoyed. Could have caught them at a bad time. Maybe they have been directed not to smile.

Very modern. Nice design hotel.

The access to the private lounge with free alcohol :)
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The free airport transfer service ! Seems to take a long siesta in the middle of the afternoon just when we needed it !

The access to the private lounge with free alcohol :)

Dissappointing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

One day there was no hot water and one had to bath with cold water,the other day there was no water at all and we were not even informed.They do not make up the bed before bedtime.They do not fill up coffee and sugar sachet.No courtesy at all in that 5 star hotel.

Room view nice

Dissappointing!No value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

One day there was no hot water and one had to bath with cold water,the other day there was no hot water at all and we were not even informed.They do not make up the bed before bedtime.They do not fill up coffee and sugar sachet.No courtesy at all in that 5 star hotel.The lifts take long to come and at some stage only one was working.I was overcharged for breakfast I did not have.The TV could not be configured to English.No World Cup Programme on TV.

View from the the room is great.

Excellent accommodation with easy access to city centre and airport. Quality reflected in prices!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shuttlebus goes to and from Terminal 1 only and have to use the airport shuttle service to Terminal 2. Not a problem for us as we had plenty of time but needs to be clear in the info. Out with the hotel's control, but be aware taxis charge a minimum 20 euro from the airport - meter charge was just over 10!

High quality hotel close to airport. Metro station just across the road so easy access to city centre and sites. (1, 2 , 3 and 4 day unlimited passes available). Public car park just opposite too Stayed here after returning hire car night before our flight home as free shuttle bus is available. Choice of bars and restaurants on site. Surrounding area is quite commercial but great nighttime views from the room.

Our junior suite was simply amazing, the view of Barcelona...

It would have been nice to have a swimming pool in such an hotel!

Our junior suite was simply amazing, the view of Barcelona from the 24th floor is breathtaking and the wake up with such a show is impossible to describe. The bathroom was really big with a very big stone shower and the bathtub.

Don t go!!!!!expensive for nothing 4 stars
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

2 little for make 1 bed...inconfortable No bottle of water free in chamber for 5 star!!!!! Bar close 11h!!!!! Climatisation stay at 20° impossible to change!!!!very cold so you need stop it 100e for a nigth is very expensive for this standing!!!incredible don t go!!! Personal no smile

No noise and near airport

Stinky suite not worth the money

My room stank like sewage which is quite a feat for the 24th floor. Waited hours for maintenance for a broken toilet that they couldn’t fix. Disgusting service for a suite at this level of hotel. Totally appalled. Massive waste of money. Tired old hotel needs a huge renovation.

Close to the airport

This is not a five star hotel. Doesn't even look like it.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This is not a five star hotel. We arrived at 7am. Even though we called and asked for early check in before hand on the spot they told us it is only applicable if we upgrade to suite. So night from 100 goes to 175eur. In the suite in the living room there was a bed instead of a couch. Pillows too small. No bell boy both during check in and check out. We had to move our luggage ourselves. Javier at check in was very unpleasant. Hotel is not marked as it is written on Booking. Every time taxi drivers had troubles finding it. Even though we had a suite no one made our room. We had two suites since we were 2 couples and both were not cleaned. Not even towels changed. Reaching room service is a similar to reaching a call center of low cost airlines company.

Great location for airport and very modern styling :) Did not have the time to exploit amenities.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Close location to airport as late entry to hotel and very early exit so not much chance to enjoy everything. Amazing modern styling probably not to everyone's taste however :) Taxis for airport on site and very easy commute in early morning. Nothing bad to report.

My stay was average.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I almost got stolen my bag with my all life in it in front of the hotel just the day of my departure!!!! Someone threw a liquid on me telling me it was the pigeon and try to help me out cleanin my clothes and bags. Iwas supposed to remove my bag and his friend not far in a car was supposed to get the purse. thanks god i was fast enough to run after the guy who grabbed my purse and he gave it back to me. Pay attention to ur bag outside the HOTEL For a five star hotel The room is clean but old to me, blankets had stains on it, they dont have make up removal (cotton) !!!! There is no FREE water in the room at the arrival or boiling machine for tea or coffee in the room. I knew about that but u have to pay to use the pool/jaccuzzi which is outside the hotel. They was a lot of misunderstanding to prepare the “surprise” cake for my friend. Really average experience. Not worth the price unfortunately i wouldnt recommend.

My stay was average. The breakfast was good too expensive tho. They offered my friend a piece of cake and a bottle of water for her birthday. They are free croissants coffee tea water in the lobby before the breakfast starts every morning. The personnel at the reception they are doing their best to help u out . Metro not far from the hotel.

good choice for night stay before or after arriving at airport. but far from town
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

keycard to door gave me and others problems; old fashioned and slow to be functional after checking in. Towel rack located in front of sink made it had to shave . no facial tissue. TV channels include few in English. Hotel food expensive for dinner but very nice quality. Shuttle to and from airport runs infrequently.

room is big, quiet and nice. neighborhood next to hotel offers ethnic food and cheap prices. Breakfast that came with room was bountiful. Park nearby offers place to walk and get some fresh air in safety.

Quick stay, big and clean rooms

Key card got demagnetized easy , super strong air freshner at the lobby area

We enjoyed the accces to the vip lounge, staff was kind and knowledgeable, most of the staff spoke English and were always willing to help.Good for a short stay as there is nothing nearby, chose the hotel due to being close to the cruise port and to the airport also their free Shuttle was a plus! The room was big and super clean, I will definitely consider it for a future stay

good choice for night stay before or after arriving at airport.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

transport from airport is very infrequent in morning. missed by 20 minutes and next van was in 1.5 hours, so I took a cab. Called hotel as told to do but they would not pick me up.

staff was friendly and spoken english well Breakfast was terrific in taste and quantity. Dinner was a big expensive the the food was not top quality (vegetables were overcooked)

Helpful staff and nice food in restaurants
    • Duplex Suite

Not much. We upgraded to a more expensive room and the decor was a bit tired in places which we wouldn't expect for the price we paid

Helpful staff and nice food in restaurants

Great stay for one night, close to the airport, but quite expensive.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I had let the hotel know that we would be arriving on a late flight. Nobody mentioned that the airport shuttle service ends at 8:20 pm. We walked a long distance from the gate in the terminal to the area where the hotel shuttles go for pickups. After waiting a while with all kinds of other shuttles coming and going, I called the hotel and was told that there were no more shuttles that night. So I had to walk all that long distance back with my very elderly mother to go back to where the taxi stands were.

The hotel and room itself was beautiful, with upscale decor and furnishings. The hotel staff were extremely courteous and helpful.

just perfect
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The staff were super friendly and helpful. The room was really big and bed was comfy. Location was great, close to the metro and bus stations. Everything was perfect.

Loved the view from the 19th floor.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

Loved the view from the 19th floor. The bed is amazing and full of pillows. Nice sofa! Bathroom is huge and the toiletry smells amazing. I'm in love with the whole hotel. Unfortunately I spent only 1 night there.

A comfortable stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

The hotel is a good 20/25 minutes from the centre, so a little too far out to enjoy what the city has to offer

From the outside this is an unusual looking building, but upon entering you soon realise what a comfortable and well-appointed hotel this is. The rooms are very comfortable, most with good views of the city, and the staff are polite and efficient.

An unexpected gem, professional staff, spacious rooms and worth every penny.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My only constructive feedback consists of the hotel in general, possibly upgrading some of its cosmetic look. While it is a nice looking hotel, they may want to invest in some renovations to make it more upscale, but this is me being superficial, the hotel was perfect with its quality service from staff and its level of comfort.

This hotel was a pleasant surprise, they were not only effective but also efficient. The staff was great and Roger was an excellent contributor to all things for this hotel, he was kind, patient, professional, honest and extremely helpful. The cafe was superb, reasonable prices for very fancy and good coffee. The room was spacious and nice, very comfortable, with comfortable beds and in a nice location from the airport.

I booked this place on behalf of my in-laws so I don't have anything to say

Accomodation fine but hotel difficult to find. Address not correct
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

Found the hotel difficult to find address on booking. Com took us to wrong place. Hotel name not on building. Confusing and frustrating at end of a long days drive

I mostly liked the breakfast, one of the best I ever had,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

I didn’t like at all that the personal and the reception don’t speak and understand spanish very well. Thus, when I asked for info such as a advise for shopping, it wasn’t helpful. Also, the lift system, it’s a chaos.

I mostly liked the breakfast, one of the best I ever had, mainly because it has plenty of variety and lasts until 12:00.

Location is quite ok: in the morning can enjoy local cafe...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Booked this place specifically for the transfer from the airport, to have a comfortable night between flights. There was no info whatsoever that last transfer is at 8pm. Entering the room you come in the toilet room, that's funny.

Location is quite ok: in the morning can enjoy local cafe bakery with great variety of choices. Good view on the mountains and Barcelona. Good WIFI.

Easily reachable airport hotel with great service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The airport shuttle was one of the main reasons I booked this hotel and it did work out well. Be sure to check out the schedule on their website (every 40mins when I travelled) and take into account that it leaves from Terminal 1, parking G. I thought the breakfast was excellent. Great selection of fruits and juices as well as baked goods. The staff was professional and everything worked out smoothly.

An advanced technical hotel is only good if the technology works. Terrible when it doesn't.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Chose this hotel because of the great stay at NH Victoria in Granada but were very disappointed. Attempts to be techie's dream but fails miserably with complicated elevators that would never come. No indoor stairs as a backup option (just outside stairs in case of fire). Waited 10 minutes for an elevator that was so jammed that we likely exceeded the weight limit.

Airport shuttle to airport was fine but schedule from airport was not practical for us. Breakfast had plenty of options and tasted good.

Very nice people .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

Very nice people .. from the check-in at the reception, the service at the restaurants and breakfast ... Thanks for the lovely stay ... I do promise to come back asap ...

Very short following frustrating journey
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The taxi driver at Barcelona did not know the hotel, it took a long time to reach hotel late at night and eventually I phoned for directions. Expensive ride. Photo on booking.com is not the hotel. The tower is known as esperia which is the name on it not Barcelona Tower

Horror at checkin
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Disaster at checkin: 1:30 minutes in line before being checked in due to busses of people arriving. Not funny, when it is 23:30 in the evening, and you have to work the day after. Finally in the room at 1:00 AM... Room was spacious, but needs refresh. A lot of damage to the furniture, and really dirty carpet.

breakfast was very good.

Very comfortable mattress and pillows facilitated good night...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable mattress and pillows facilitated good night sleep. In the morning - superb breakfast - everything fresh and plenty to choose from. Staff exceptionally friendly and nice!

Service simply the best. Reception desk extremely professional, kind and friendly.Many thanks Roger!

The very poor early bird breakfast with the same price as normal one. I had no choice due to the very early flight.

Great service, comfy bed, plus for big bathroom with bathtub and shower.

Lovely hotel and we will be back.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

Everything was good only one( -) for cleaners they was not quite in the morning. They can't close the doors quietly.

Me and husband come to Barcelona for 3 days and we was so surprised of standard off hotel. Everything was nice and clean our room was on 10 floor and we have window on city. Metro is only 5 min walk from hotel. We really loved this hotel is only 10 min drive from hotel. Taxi cost 20€ one way but also you can take metro.

Clean and comfortable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

The name on the hotel is Hesperia which is very confusing. I told the cab driver to take me to the NH Barcelona Tower, including the street address, and even after seeing the hotel and telling him to take me there he still took me for a long expensive ride. Better signage and better advertising of the name change would make staying there a more pleasant experience.

Clean and comfortable. Good city view. Close and convenient bus/metro system.

Room in desperate need of renovation, especially the carpets
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Dirty walls and carpets no complimentary water or kettle in the room, bathroom was in need of renovation, quite dusty, hard towels and bathrobe After travelling 26 hours from Australia to Barcelona, all I wanted was a luxious stay in a clean, exceptional hotel. Hence I spent the money and booked a 5 star hotel. Unfortunately I should have taken the negative reviews more seriously rather than focusing on the positive reviews. If you read this and are unsure whether to book this hotel- do not book if you have high standards. This hotel comes nowhere near a five star hotel, it’s more like 3 Stars. The room: I had to ask to change my room because of several stains on the walls, bedding and carpet. They put me in a different room but unfortunately it was not better. Lots of dirty and mouldy areas in the bathroom. The carpet in the rooms is disgusting. They advertise saying these are plush carpets. They are rough, dirty and so well used. The bathroom: rain shower looks great but I didn’t feel good showering under a mouldy Shower head. There is no complimentary water, no kettle for tea or coffee. Who rated this a five star?--

Spa and health access although at an additional cost, free shuttle, option for room service, free wifi, breakfast was very good but very pricey (26 euro)

Brilliant
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Amazing, stylish hotel, lovely breakfast, 10 mins from the airport, right next to the metro station, so easy to get to the city centre, helpful stuff, very nice rooms with magnificent views Will come back more and more

An unexpected gem.

Location a bit out of the way for tourists, but subway station a four minute walk and easy to navigate!

An unexpected gem. We booked a junior suite and it was fabulous. Ten minute ride to the airport for an early morning flight was great.

My stay at Hesperia Tower Barcelona
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

The only real complaint I had is that it is a fair distance from the city centre although there was a cab rank nearby a d a metro with in 5 minutes walk so not much to complain about really I had a good stay

I had a good say here the stuff where overall friendly and helpfull the facilities were good the room was clean the room service was good I like the look of the place

Great if you eat somewhere else.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Expensive breakfasts (22e per person). Nothing special, all breakfasts are similar. Awful overpriced evening restaurant with no tasty small portions food. :(

Everything except see below.

The room was clean and spacious with very good view over the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel advertises being close to the airport and having a shuttle service. The shuttle on runs between 07:20 and 20:00. Outside these hours one has to take a taxi to get to the hotel which is quite pricey.

The room was clean and spacious with very good view over the city.

Near airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bad smell , noisy , no road between bus station and hotel ... swimming pool costed additional. Staff was so unfriendly... I have no words

Near airport

Excellent choice for breakfast so much to choos from even...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent choice for breakfast so much to choos from even the cooked items were hot. Very large double bed, and excellent bathroom facilities. Staff very helpful and friendly in all areas of the hotel.

I reserved this hotel for my partner because he missed...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I reserved this hotel for my partner because he missed flight from BCN. Receptionist was amazing because he helped me to implement prepayment. Great communication, amazing personnel! By a partner : Beautiful rooms! The hotel is near to airport! Absolutely perfect! When I go back to BCN, I will definitely be staying here. Thank you!

Their original intention to have a beautiful hotel in the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Views

Obviously they can't handle the property management with the rates they practice. Beautiful building but no maintanance. You can see many wearouts that were not fixed in the room, lobby and restaurant.

Their original intention to have a beautiful hotel in the Hesperia Tower. Used to be better a few years ago.

Browse NH Collection Barcelona Tower traveller photo gallery