Reviews of Hotel Cetina 3 stars

Radio Murcia, 3, 30001 Murcia, Spain

#2 of 48 hotels in Murcia

Staff was a bit unprofessional, we paid a lot for one night and it was average, so a bit peicey. It has central location but there is no much things to do around here. We missed mini bar and bathroom was very weirdly made (almost impossible to access toilet through bide). Wifi was poor and only worked in the reception.

Breakfast was good, comfortable beds.

The walls were pretty thin, so bring your earplugs, as you can hear normal talking from the neighbour room.

The staff was really helpful and friendly. The hotel was centrally located.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi got interrupted at times and there was a funny smell of the detergent the use for the curtains. The bed cover should either be washed or not used at all.

Very central location, just a few steps away from the cathedral. New and modern interiors. Tasty breakfast and good coffee. Definately better than most three-star hotels in Spain. I personally liked the fact that you could hear cathedral bells.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I have no negative comments for this hotel. I understand there is always room for improvement in all services but in this particular occasion all I can say is THANK YOU.

I had to go to Murcia for work and I had a sprain on my ankle. As I arrived by car (automatic) I explained to the staff I could not take the car to the nearest car park because I could not walk back. Not only they helped me unload the car (I had a lot of promotional material with me) but they took care of taking the car to the parking and bring it back for me on the day I was leaving. The rest of the service was equally excellent. Clean, beautiful, comfortable. I truly recommend this hotel, you will only be welcome with smiles by a team that want to make sure you have the best stay possible. Thank you girls!

• Double Room with Terrace

The hotel has a great location right in the heart of the historic city, very close to the cathedral, in a small quiet street. The staff were amazing! Breakfast was various and delicious!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like having to leave my room key with the reception staff every time I left. I can understand why, as the key isn't a typical hotel room key. But I felt uncomfortable leaving my belongings there knowing other people had access to the room.

Very good location, next to the cathedral. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room itself was big, clean and the bed was super comfortable.

Two room keys instead of one would have been more convenient.

Wonderful staff service, good pillows, clean, clean, clean, excellent breakfast, perfect location, reasonable parking fee

• Double Room with Terrace

We had room 633. This had a terrace which was appreciated. There were several aircon units outside but these were not on during our stay so cannot comment on how they would affect noise levels. The room was quiet during our 3 night stay. Bed was (again for us) very comfortable. Room cleaning was top notch and it was noticeable that attention was given to detail. Reception staff always smiling and pleasant. We chose not to have breakfast at hotel so cannot comment on this aspect. Very central location literally 2 minutes walk to cathedral but located in side street so quiet at night. All in all a very pleasant stay, Thank You.

• Double Room with Terrace

Very comfy memory foam bed, very quiet as double glazed with air con despite the excellent central location. Ate in the hotel restaurant once which was extremely delicious, all dishes restaurant standard! Welcoming friendly staff with a personal feel. Can not fault this hotel!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Although the room was very clean, we couldn't help but smell the scent of the bathroom!

It was in a good location to wander around! The room was very clean.

Nothing in particular.

The price-quality relationship at this hotel was excellent. The location brilliant. The parking was easy. The staff very friendly. As a 3-star hotel, this is at the top of its category.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Thoughtless hotel guests coming back to their rooms at 3 oclock in the morning and being very noisy shouting in the corridors and continuing in their rooms for the next hour or so. And on Saturday afternoon customers children screaming and generally misbehaving at the outside tables Then in the bar when we were having a nightcap the behaviour of children ,was very disruptive and went unsupervised by their parents and really turned what had been a nice evening into a very disappointing one. But this was because of some of the other guests ,not the staff who were very good and also very patient.

its central location ,within walking distance of most places of interest ,helpful staff and comfortable room

We were in room 231 and the bathroom is badly planned. The bidet is too close to the toilet so you can't sit straight on the toilet, you have to sit sideways !!! Also the welcome drink is a nice idea, we went and asked for a glass of white and red wine and when we gave our vouchers in were told it only applied to cava and cocktails - we were not told this beforehand and so had to pay.

Nice bedding.

Nothing to dislike.

We have stayed at the Cetina Hotel now, on three occasions. The hotel is comfortable, clean and relaxed. The staff have made us feel very welcome on each occasion and are very helpful. The location is perfect for discovering the highlights of Murcia, being central and close to the cathedral.

• Deluxe Twin or Double Room

Only minor points but was hard to find and parking was a short walk awayy. Also Hotel Bar not open on a Sunday.

Perfect Location, everything within walking distance. Extremely helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast more than adequate for the cost. Rooms large and comfortable. Fantastic Shower. Made extra special as it was my birthday and the staff delivered a bottle of champagne and card to my room, very thoughtful gesture. Would definetely visit again.

Nothing comes to mind

Staff were helpful. Location excellent for sightseeing and shopping. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast and snacks plentiful. Coffee and Alcohol served til midnight.

• Superior Triple Room

Good place for stay at night, would not recommend for long stay - quite noisy from the other rooms, small rooms (we booked triple room for 2 adults and 1 kid, the room is quite small for 3 people). The view from the window - other windows from the opposite building and the wall. Breakfast is OK for 5 Euro (if booked at dest the price is lower).

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location of breakfast in basement meant climbing down stairs and rail was decorated with Christmas decorations so not useable. Difficulty for elderly people. Why does the lift not go down to -1? The toaster did not work well. The cups are too small which meant getting up a few times for either more tea or coffee. Orange juice was the only choice. A corner bin would have been useful to keep things tidy.

Breakfast was exceptionally a good choice on the whole for just €7/-. The location of hotel was so central and yet quiet except for the cathedral bells but it didn't really bother us. They obliged us in keeping our cases after we checked out as we still needed more time to visit. The Christmas market and lights were so magical. Really enjoyed our stay - on top of it the weather was so clement for January, it was amazing!

No remarks

The hotel is very cosy. It's clean, staff is gentle. We were informed in advance by tbe property about the parking they have an agreement with. It costs 12€ a day. All the attractions are at waking distance. Breakfast was good too

None.

Very clean, up-to-date, comfortable. Excellent location, near the cathedral and there is a great restaurant in front of the hotel too. The breakfast was great! If you book it a night before, you will get a discount. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The public parking nearby was fine too. You can get a good discount on the parking by paying directly to the hotel.

• Double Room with Terrace

No soap dish in the shower is my only negative, but I ll get over it.

Great location next door to the amazing cathedral, loved the balcony. Staff on reception and breakfast very helpful we asked if they had any English tea bags to have with the hot water available and the lady came back with a lovely pot of tea and a big smile

• Superior Triple Room

It was excellent. i would just say that there were limited options for vegetarian breakfast with the eggs served in the same plate as the sausages with the same tongs. Also no black or English breakfast tea bags provided unless you request them. Otherwise it's an excellent place and I'm very happy with the experience and with the friendly and helpful staff members.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. Hotel management should be proud of your employees they were all excellent from reception to bar staff to the maids, well done to you all.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We requested the shuttle service. There was no reply we double checked just before we left. there was no shuttle service and we have to pay 80 euros there and 70 back.

Lovely staff and very accommodating

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Friendly, efficient staff. Modern, clean comfortable room with hot powerful shower. Excellent location with underground public parking nearby discounted to €12. Did not take breakfast that was offered at €5 so can't comment.

• Double Room with Terrace

Very clean hotel friendly staff who were very professional and helpful, nice bar area with seating outside very reasonable prices. Very good continental breakfast. Excellent location for sightseeing, shopping and restaurants.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My particular room was very dark with a very small window looking out on to the back wall of the property, and if I opened the window there was very loud noise from the aircons . So I would recommend getting a front facing room for better light.

Excellent location, staff were very helpful, the hotel is very clean. You are right in the middle of town beside the beautiful town square and cathedral which are stunning.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The view from the room left a lot to be desired. It was a room on the 2nd floor with a street view looking at apartments, not attractive. It was such a shame because the room itself was so lovely and very comfortable otherwise.

Its a lovely hotel, very well appointed. Lovely room, amazing size bed, very clean.

• Superior Triple Room

Very small point, would have liked tea/coffee in room but didn't affect our stay.

Excellent buffet breakfast, always well maintained & refilled as soon as used. Great choice of teas & coffees. Very friendly staff throughout, nothing too much trouble for them. Would recommend Hoyel Cetina if you plan to visit Murcia.

• Double Room with Terrace

Room medium size but that was due to the space given up to make the balcony, which was a great asset to have after sight seeing (our main mistake was not taking a bottle of wine to enjoy on the balcony). Room spotless. Shower excellent. Breakfast very reasonable and very good. Great location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The only complaint we had was the air conditioning unit dripped onto the hard wood floor which was a bit annoying when trying to sleep. We reported it after the first night and while they said it was fixed it never was. Apart from that nice hotel and very central.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff so helpful. One day I had a drink outside and she brought me a table a chair from inside the hotel. Excellent location. Would definitely stay here again

n/a

Everything was excellent and very much above my expectations. Beautiful room, stylish decor, a complimentary drink upon arrival. This was 5* treatment for a budget price. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. I called in advance to ask about public transport options for the rest of my trip, and by the time I had arrived they had called ahead to the bus station and transcribed the entire daily timetable for me, in lieu of any online information. Absolutely wonderful, friendly service, luxurious aircon, spotlessly clean room. I couldn't recommend them more highly!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

100 metres from Murcia Chatedral, right in the old centre. A bit difficult to reach by car, but central parking facilites with redued fees. Excellent staff, value for money

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Superior Triple Room

There were 3 of us sharing a room, so 1 small bottle of water wasn't sufficient. Another one or two would've been good. Same goes for the large towels and the soap. The aircon unit outside the window was littered with cigarette ends. Not a good look.

We loved the location and the modern, fresh feel. Furnishings very modern.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double Room with Terrace

The room was small, the decoration modern and recently refurbished I guess but too flashy, the price, for Murcia, a bit expensive.

I found breakfast specially appetizing, great variety, fresh. And the cold dishes at the cafeteria are excellent, far better than could be expected, delicious, healthy, well presented. The location of the hotel is excellent.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Double Room with Terrace

All the receptionist were really nice and welcoming. One noticed it was my birthday and on returning to our room we found a bollte of cava on ice. How lovely is that. Thank you.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Brilliant location in the centre of town with everything you need in walking distance. Staff very friendly and helpful. Our only problem was that we parked in the wrong carpark! Our fault for not following instructions properly. If you come by car, you need to be aware that you can't get right to the hotel unless you ask the staff to lower the bollard on the street.

• Double Room with Terrace

Very little easy access by car. We parked 10 minutes away.

The staff were excellent and extremely friendly, both Spanish and English speaking. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bathroom and shower were exceptional. Location is perfect for a city break in Murcia as it is a 2 minute stroll from the cathedral with lots of bars, shops and restaurants.

the breakfast choices are somehow limited but at 7 € one cannot possibly expect better

I loved the understated design of the room and the bathroom and was impressed by the sophisticated lighting. An exceptional level of quality and value for money in such hotel category

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There were noisy guests!!!

The bed was extremely comfortable, the style and furnishings in the room very modern and of excellent quality. Loved the coffee machine and water in the room. Nice touch.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location is in a pedestrian zone and hotel does not have on-site parking, but has arrangements in a nearby public garage. It is possible to bring car to the hotel door for checking in and out for a short while. If the bollard in the entrance to the pedestrian street is up you need to walk around a corner to the hotel's reception and ask for access. The garage is 5 minutes walking from the hotel. When garage is booked through hotel it comes at half the regular price (which can be expensive).

Nice reasonably modern hotel. Room was comfortable, beds and bathroom too. Breakfast was fine. Good soundproofing windows (but doors not so much). Location is in a pedestrian zone, which is excellent for walking in the historical center of Murcia. WiFi worked well.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

perfect for me

cleanliness staff very helpful location lots of places to eat near bye everything i needed in walking distance looked at this hotel for booking for holy week next year already full shows how popular it is

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Only stayed in area one night and can't fault the Hotel Cetina.

Fantastic central location, comfortable room, good breakfast at very low cost. Good deal onparking close by, which was easy to access.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very bad internett as most reviews say.

Location is really good. Parking was cheaper thru the hotel recommendation (cost us 12Euro instead of 28Euro) additional.

• Superior Triple Room

No door on shower so whole bathroom gets wet. Nowhere to hang coats or to put suitcases.

Easy to visit the town, friendly staff. Good breakfast to start the day.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The noise level is extremely high from both adjacent rooms and outside, needs to be even slightly soundproofed in order for a better nights sleep!

Very nicely designed lobby and lobby bar, nice staff, extremely comfy bed that smells fresh and clean, clean modern room and bathroom, fantastic location.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Deluxe Twin or Double Room

1- On my checkout I asked the Receiption lady if I can use my welcome drink for a drink she called another lady from the cafeteria to attend to me . Then I was told the welcome drink is champagne so I v asked for water instead and I was denied. So I told the lady in the Receiption that I wanted water since I don't drink Alcohol. She was rude to me and said you take what we give to you it is the hotel welcome drink and every day they choose a drink to offer. On the other hand the Filipina Receiptionest and her colleague who checked me in the day before where much more polite and professional. 2- The Wifi was very unreliable and it switches off every five seconds

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Double Room with Terrace

The hotel bar wasnt open late enough though - my only negative.

Breakfast was brilliant. Staff were lovely - Irene especially. The terrace was brilliant.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Deluxe Twin or Double Room

The noisy a/c units outside the window!

Great little hotel. Super location (horrible experience trying to find car park... but then I have zero sense of direction... might be nice if a member of staff accompanies you to the car park... just an idea). Comfortable rooms and clean and well presented with nice touches like Nespresso coffee. Represented exceptional value for money. In addition to the wonderful location close to all the historical sites and shopping street as well as great cafe/restaurants I would commend this hotel if only for its staff... always smiling and helpful (& shared a laugh with me about my zero sense of direction). Do look this hotel up - you'll be most impressed for the price paid.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Noise outside, which is probably outside of the hotel's control, though as the floors are wooden and the hotel doors bang, it did keep us awake occasionally at night when people were shouting outside, banging their hotel room doors or clomping around the rooms above or alongside. Better room insulation in terms of sound would be a good starting point.

Huge bed - you could get 6 people in it!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff could be warmer, for sure. It presents itself as a boutique hotel but it is not really. Very basic room for frugal people.

This is right at the center of town, good value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bar area not big enough as there were 10 of us. It was not open late evening. Restaurant only serves breakfast - no dinner.

Staff excellent, rooms good, location fantastic. Wifi good. Quiet. Good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We thought it was an ideal, location for our bus meeting. The welcome drink was a very nice touch and the small friendly atmosphere was homely. We would recommend you thank you

Service was excellent

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

don't like - no refridgerater in the room, the key had to be in the wall in order for a lights to be on

like - welcome drink, that the staff let us leave our suitcases with them for a few hours after check out time.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Double Room with Terrace

I would love to know what the management are doing to make their staff that miserable... booked a room with a terrace! terrace was a small outside inner storage courtyard... dont waste your money with a "terraced" room.

location is great.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Seating area in bar not great for our party of ten so didn't spend any time there. Would have had drinks before/after dinner but not enough comfortable chairs for us all. No drawers in any of our rooms and wardrobe space awkward and limited. Drain smells in some of the bathrooms. Brits should be aware that Spanish Hotels do not often have tea/coffee facilities in the rooms.

One of the best Hotels I have stayed in in the centre of any city. This one is located right in centre of town but in quiet pedestrian street. Breakfast good. Staff very helpful and spoke excellent English. Comfortable room. Good Wifi. Murcia is a beautiful, interesting city with lots of tourist attractions very close to this Hotel. The Casino is a must visit. Menu del dia at Limone and Bar Verde excellent and staff so nice.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is no private parking, you must park the car in a public one, 5 minutes walking far from the hotel.

Beautiful and kind receptionists, good breakfast, in front of the cathedral so in the very downtown of Murcia.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very spartan room. No drawers, no fridge, no kettle. Really the bare minimum. Unpleasant smell in the bathroom, from poor drainage (I think).

Excellent location.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Walls are thin so you can hear other dwellers pretty clear.

Perfectly situated in the heart of Murcia. Rooms are clean, spacious and modern. Service was friendly and value for money good. Recommended!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Should have asked about the hotel about parking as they say in the info!!

Right in the centre of the Old Town just off the Main Square so easy to take in all the sights. Great breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff. Great value for money!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff didn't know much about the bus shuttle to the airport however no other issues

Location literally in the heart of the city! Close to everything

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Quiet, in the pedestrian area near the the cathedral. Close to the Real Casino, bars and shopping. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double Room with Terrace

Breakfast could be better.

I spent 3 nights in this hotel. Its location is really perfect, very close to the cathedral. All interesting places worth to visit are within the range of walking. I had the room on the 6th floor with balcony and quite nice view. Although, the room was a little bit small, but the bathroom was fine. I could say, bigger than a room. The bathroom was really great, beautiful azulejos, hair dryer, set of cosmetics. I was in January and I had to use a/c to warm the room. But in the wardrobe I found the blanket. The room was cleaned every day. The breakfast is monotonous and rather in Spanish style. You will not find any vegetables. Only small sausages or Spanish tortilla, ham, toast bread, croissants, fresh orange juice, coffee or tea. The staff in the reception desk was very helpful. During the rainy day it was possible to get the umbrella. I recommend this place for short stay in Murcia.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Do not trust if they say you have a "terraza" , it is just a 3 by 3 meters piece of internal patio with "access" to odours from all the surrounding restaurants. Photos attached :)

Nice and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

We had a room for 3 people (our son) & so I expected a third (single) bed. But when we arrived the bed was not there and we had to wait a few hours to have the bed placed & made up.

The location is excellent, the room was smart and comfortable. Lots of choice for breakfast & friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I asked for a double bed but actually there were two single beds pushed together whuch is not the same at all... very uncomfortable, it was supposed to be a romantic stay

Located in the very centre of Murcia, very good price

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We had an absolutely horrible smell in the bathroom. The room was quite clean but could have been cleaner. It not as we expected from the pictures. We expected a modern furnished place but it was more like a cheaply renovated old building.

The hotel staff was very helpfull. The location is really great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower fitting was like a hose out of control when water pressure was strong (Room 430)!

I liked the yellow, black and white colour scheme and the unusual use of corrugated iron, painted white. The decor had a crisp, simple feel, with the wonderful yellow softening it all.The tapas were really nice.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Double Room with Terrace

It would be nice to have one English language channel on the TV (such as BBC World or CNN).

The location of the hotel is excellent - very central yet relatively easy to walk to the tram and bus routes. The WiFi connection (which is essential for my work) was very reliable.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Double Room with Terrace

Room is super small with a Queen size bed. Not a problem for me.

Nice hotel in best position possible. Well organized, also for parking. Quality price unbeatable. Cute bar inside for a drink or breakfast. Big bathroom. An eating suggestion: I really like so so spanish food BUT in "La Pequena Taberna"( 3 min walk) I ate so well the I would go back just for it.Bit priced but worth.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hated the long bolster type pillow. Very uncomfortable to sleep on and there was no option of having an ordinary pillow.

The best location. Near everything and a minute from the cathedral. Value for money.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Just a little pricey for single traveller.

Spotless hotel in the centre of Murcia just around the corner from the Cathedral. The streets and squares nearby packed with restaurants. Room was immaculate and spacious.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Double Room with Terrace

No tea or coffee facilities in the room.

Hotel really smart over all. Lovely rooms - simple but with nice decor and clean. Bathrooms really nice. Liked the balcony too.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Superior Triple Room

We came with a car. The parking is not at the same location as the hotel. It was close to the hotel though. It would have been better if we were informed about the location of the parking in advance.

The room is modern and clean. Great location right behind the main plaza. The bed is really comfortable. It's great to have a parking in a city with small streets.

Browse Hotel Cetina traveller photo gallery