Reviews of Hostal Almanzor 1 stars

Cardenal Gonzalez,10, 14003 Córdoba, Spain

#21 of 38 B&Bs and Inns in Córdoba

Hard to communicate with staff if you don’t speak English. Parking is a nightmare. There is none ! Park across the river & walk over, or take a taxi. Clean, beautiful rooms in a great location

• Quadruple Room

The only thing that we can say negatively about the place was the parking situation. Although they had parking that was very close, it was very tight to get into and was very close to the hostel. With the streets being one way it was a little bit of a drive around but just around the corner walking. Checking out, I would say, the best bet is to bring the car around (they give you a garage key) then load up and return the key at the same time.

Location was outstanding for the Feria Grounds. There were many coffee shops and places to get meals within a few steps of the front door. The hostel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

* incredibly noisy - especially the sanitary facilities of the neighboring rooms woke us up several times during the night

* perfect location to explore Córdoba * spacious rooms

Very touristy area. Limited English spoken. We were given voucher for free walking tour but when we got there it was only available in Spanish. This would have been fine if we knew in advance but it meant we missed the opportunity to look for alternative tours as we had limited time.

Small family owned hotel close to the mosque/cathedral. Basic room but very clean. Excellent churros place down the road. Very helpful staff. We had a ground floor room so didn't have to carry luggage upstairs. Fine for a 1 or 2 night stay.

On arrival my car was parked for me by SAN Diego. On departure I was simply handed a remote control for the garage (which I had never seen before) The lights in the garage went out as I was driving the steep climb to the exit, plunging me into darkness. I danached the hire Car and it cost me muchos Euros!

SAN Diego on reception was a superstar

Extremely noisy until 3am, but this would apply to most of Cordoba as bin collections at midnight, road cleaners, revving motor bikes, mecca for hen and stag parties

Upgraded to an apartment which looked newly refitted.

I stayed here with my two daughters while we visited Cordoba. I would rate this a 20 if I could. The staff was amazingly helpful. The Hostel is SO clean! I usually stay in hotels but my daughters and I wanted to be a bit more adventurous. I was beyond surprised at how lovely the room was. I would highly recommend this hostel. The locations perfect for walking around Cordoba, and I would definitely stay here again.

Would have preferred two single pillows, instead there was a long double pillow. No latch or lock on the door from the inside, door only opens with a key from the outside.

Great location, very close to restaurants and attractions. Good sized shower with good pressure.

The water pipe for shower is broken off ! We can only take shower bending over in a strange and never comfortable posture!Whats more,the air conditioner turned itself off in the midnight,waking us up in extreme coldness. It's in Febrary ,it's under 5 degree in the night , and we each only have a thin blanket.

The location of this hotel is excellent , 5 min's walking distance from the cathedral.The staff are all polite and nice.And since our room is at the top floor,it has access to own terrace.

No breakfast, no rug or picture to make the room and bathroom cosier.

This is a hotel for an overnight stay. We had a cheap room on the ground floor and the blind gave us privacy. The lack of view didn't bother us too much as we arrived late and we left the following morning. It was rather cool in the bedroom but there were spare blankets. We discovered there is actually heating in the room but it is located near the ceiling and you have to activate it with a remote control... but no explanation on how to use it. Probably our fault. We could have asked. Basically the room was clean but a little bit basic.. but again we didn't pay much. Very warm welcome from the owner. His advice for a good restaurant was very useful.

- lack of fridge (we could keep the food now on the balcony because of low temperatures, but in summer it has to be hard), cattle to boil some hot water would be nice - lack of hairdryer (but we had our own, luckily)

- location in the middle of old town, close to the attractions, river and restaurants/tapas bars/etc. - cosy room - private bathroom with shower and little tub - hot water & good pressure of shower - air-condition/heating - room 5 on 1st floor has nice little balcony and view to the palm on the plaza :) - nice stuff

• Quadruple Room

Staff is Quite difficult to find if come with the car.

Location is great in the middle of old town of cordoba. Friendly and helpful staff although limited in english.

Great to have parking, but really difficult to get the car out of it (much driving back and forth, trying to get around a corner on a ramp).

The night desk person was brilliant - didn't speak a word of English, but enormously friendly and helpful. The hotel offers parking, which is just around the corner but difficult to get to (because of one-way streets), but he was willing to drive the car there. The rooms themselves were comfortable, and the location is perfect, literally just a few minutes way from the Alcazar.

Great location, great staff, great room! Parking was a bit difficult to find due to the one-way system but once there it is actually just around the corner of the hostel. Within minutes from the Mezquita. There is a mini groceries right next to it and you are surrounded by restaurants and in the middle of narrow streets. We would definitely stay there again!

It is a fantastic hostel in the very heart of Toledo. Our room was quite small, but just enough for the family of 3. The cleanliness of the room was impeccable. Comfortable beds, air conditioning working well and clean bathroom were all we needed for our short stay. The owner did not speak english, but we managed to communicate anyway - there was no problem with late check in, he also led our way to the private parking provided.

The towels are not good, there were no soap and shampoo, no hair dryer at the room. I do not understand how did get so many star from other comments. The location is good but i have no recommend this hotel to my friends.

Disappointing. The room was very 'tired'. Our bed was up against a wall so husband had to clamber over the bed to get out. Whilst one man on reception was cheerful and friendly the other 2 staff were incredibly grumpy. We booked their private underground car parking which was ok, but don't expect to exit the ramps in anything bigger than a Fiesta! But the oddest things were the power points - there were only two places we could plug in our chargers - one mid-way up the wall immediately over the bed with no shelf to put anything on, and the other in the bathroom. Our iPads had to be balanced on the edge of the washbasin!

The location was OK -on a fairly busy Y junction but reasonably quiet at night.

Cosy little hostel right in the centre of the historic town. I would definitely go back there: clean and comfortable rooms for a reasonable price. We loved our stay!

It was hard to get to by car as there was no information to advise customers that they were allowed to enter the no entry zones as residents of the Hostal. We used a secure car park and walked to the Hostal

It is very basic but ideal for a couple of nights. It had free wi-fi, was central to everything in the old quarter. The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. Lots of bars and street cafes and restaurants nearby. Xx

Staff helpful, big room (number 2 you don't need to do the stairs), wifi works well. Nice bar and mini market in front of the building and really close to restaurants. The position is perfect and the price amazing.

We got a small apartment across the street from the hotel. everything in it was new and clean. the location was amazing and we would definitely come back to stay there next time I'm Cordoba.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

A neat little hotel right in the heart of Córdoba. Friendly staff and comfortable rooms. The place has character. Some people might not like the lack of a lift but we didn't mind.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

BEWARE. There is no option to enter this place by car without special permission. CCTV cameras in operation and fines can be given. So park faraway round. Room is quite small, but fits for 1 night quite good.

Location is good. Center is close.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

To be very picky, an extra mirror in the lounge area woul be nice instead of just the one in the bathroom and a shelf in the bathroom to put the usual toiletries on.

We were given a studio apartment opposite the hotel and was very impressed. We had a 3 night stay and was able see and visit all the sights. Fantastic value for money. Would definitely recommend

It is a perfect place to spend 1 night in Cordoba. The hostal is in the city centre and it is very close to all of the main attractions. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

After I checked in no one came to clean my room. After three days I left my key and asked for the room to be cleaned. They came in and made the bed and cleaned the kitchen. The next day I was informed that they do not clean the apartment. I was at this apartment for seven days. Normally no cleaning would have been okay but there was no broom to sweep, no cloth to wash the dishes, no mop or broom for spills on the floor and no toilet brush. I was on vacation I wasn't going to go out and buy these items. The worst part was the awful, awful, awful smell coming from the toilet. I kept the bathroom door closed with a towel under the door so the smell could not get into the living area. The apartment is great but because of this issue I could not recommend this place. But I have to say I did not stay in the main building and this may not have been a problem if I had a room in the main building.

The apartment was excellent. Clean and brand new. Loved it. The staff appeared to be nice. But other problems made for a mediocre experience.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

The location and service of the hotel are very nice and the rooms are clean and beautiful. And upgraded to a very comfortable apartment. thank you very much!

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

The room and the bathroom were very small and not as beautifull as in the picture. For us it was OK as we stayed just for one night but for a longer stay I would consider it!

The position is very central and 5 minutes walk from the Mezquita! If you have a car you can park it for 10€ a day in the hotel parking ( but be carefull with big cars in the tiny streets of Cordoba)

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Room was small and quite noisy so ear plugs might come in handy if you are a light sleeper. Like so many properties in Spain, there was no kettle, hair dryer or toiletries.

Location was perfect for exploring this beautiful city. The staff were very helpful and cheerful although they spoke very little English.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

The corner is a bit noisy (motorcycles etc.) -- I'm not sure I'd want to stay there on a weekend night! Also: It's the tourist center of town, so the restaurants tend to be touristy. The stairs were steep but manageable.

Very close to the Mezquita and the museums (though finding my way in the streets was murder) so that I could get into the Mezquita early in the morning (when it's free and empty).

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

A nice little hostel very close to the Mezquita. The staff showed us the parking which is close but you need to drive through a maze of small streets to reach it. There is AC and Wi Fi in the room. The room is small but clean and cozy. The staff is friendly although they don't speak English.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

Great small hotel, very clean, everything immaculate. It is just a room, but it's just what you need for short stay in Córdoba. A 5 minute walk from Cathedral and the maze of streets to wander around. Good bar a few yards away for breakfast. Great value for money!

none

The service, kind people. Clean room.

Excellent location amazing accommodation very clean, new bedding and excellent bathroom. Staff friendly and helpful

Everything was just fine.

Location. Cleanliness. Friendliness.

The parking space was way to small and difficult to get out of. The pillows were too hard. No internet coverage.

Location. location, location.

perfect location near Mezquita, many nice places to eat nearby, parking in a parkhouse nearby (2-3min by foot)

Excellent bakery across street. Location perfect and very close to all the sights.

Excellent location. Very close to Cordoba's Masjid (Cordoba's main attraction) and Roman bridge. Staff extremely helpful.

Conveniently located and clean

even though we were in a great room the man on reception wasnt the friendliest

we had a fab room with a full kitchen and all very modern

We weer offered an apartment which was very spacious

Todo en general

excellent staff,great location.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Nothing that I disliked.

The location was superb and the municipal car park very close by.

You get what you pay for of course

The location was excellent. Walging distance to the Mezquita.

Bed a bit firm for me. But that is a personal preference

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Noisy, due to very thin walls

Yards from the mosque and amongst pretty streets

• Quadruple Room

No elevetor, old beds and furnitures

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Bed was a little small for two people, but fine for just me

Great to have a little kitchen area to make drinks and breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

very noisy, unable to sleep at night

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Quadruple Room

Great location, good value for money, friendly staff. within walking distance from everything.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Very small(not long) but cosy bed for large dutchman

Friendly and clean. Usage of the private parking nearby hostel for a reasonable rate.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The location, close to everything, easy to get there even by car.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

some apartements have not internet access - for a long stay definitely is a minus

excelent central but quiet location, well equipped kitchenette

Noisy

Located in the old town near the cathedral and restaurants Good quality/price rate

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

...

Proximity

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Careful in the car park it is very tight

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Lovely new studio flat in building across the road from main hotel. Great location and price.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

They gave us an apartment and it was an absolute beauty. Super clean and cozy. Just few minutes away from the mezquita and its worth it.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Extremely loud, both from the street noise and from the sound of other guests' doors and running water.

Very central, friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Great location, nice staff which understands English, beautiful view, air conditioner (!!).

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Difficult to find. Parking a nightmare

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

No wifi in the apartment.

Iso of a room they offered an apartment for the dame price.

Nothing at all

Perfect location

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

It's a bit noisy place, we heard everything from the street. No free parking place near the hostel. Very good location in the city center.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The street noise was very loud till late at night.

The location was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Very very noisy air conditioner

Near the mesquite and near many restaurants

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

great position and cheap price. parking gratis very close to hotel

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

A bit dark and noisy in the ground floor room we stayed in.

Easy, relaxed, good wifi, clean, fantastic location, friendly staff -

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Clean room, good service, friendly staff, central location

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Quadruple Room

This hotel doesn't have elevator, it would be difficult for travellers especially who get the 3rd floor.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

Rooms were too small. I had asked for an additional bed for a child and they did not provide it.

Location is great !!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The location for seeing the sights was excellent, but if you have a car it is not good for available parking. Their advertised private parking is really street parking that you find yourself in the area, and there was none!

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hostal Almanzor traveller photo gallery