Reviews of Hostal Benidorm 2 stars

Rambla dels Caputxins, 37, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

#117 of 281 B&Bs and Inns in Barcelona

Good value for money
    • Economy Double Room

The room is very minimalist, and the location may be central but it is filled with scary people - if I were a solo Traveller I wouldn't feel safe there. Also we lost our key and we're charged 15€ (!!!) For it

Value for money, central location

Excellent location!
    • Economy Double Room

The hostel is located right on la ramblas, it is clean and modern and the staff are really friendly. A fridge in the room would of been great but there is a cold drinks and coffee machine in the foyer. Would definately stay here again!

EVERYTHING ALSO VERY HELPFUL

THE STEPS TO TAKE WITH LUGGAGE TO MY ROOM...BESIDES THAT EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS GREAT LOCATION...NEXT TO THE FLAMENCO SHOW...CLOSE TO EVERYTHING..

EVERYTHING ALSO VERY HELPFUL CLOSE TO EVERYTHING...VERY CLEAN

Worth staying
    • Economy Double Room

The bed was very Hard to sleep on and the cleanliness could be better. There were some hair all over the place from the moment we stepped in and the towels smelled pretty bad as well.

The location absolutly Wonder full! On La Rambla street in the heart of the city! Metro in walking distance and the beach 20_30 minutes away by feet. The room all in all was very decent and comfortable, with safe New furniture and a Tv/ac and the WiFi was very good. The night shift was very helpfull and friendly in comparison with the rest of the stuff. The lobby has a venting mashine with the cheapest Water found in Barcelona and has lots of broshures to get to know the place. We definetely reccoment the place. OF course we had a private room with private bathroom. I dont know the conditions in the hostal rooms with the multiple beds and sharing facilities.

Our room is clean and the location is very near in the...
    • Quadruple Room with View

There is no lift for the upper rooms so, it was difficult for us to carry and transport our luggages.

Our room is clean and the location is very near in the tourist attractions.

This is worth your money. Stay here. Clean and near tourist spots.
    • Single Room with View

I had no problem with this property except that I got locked out when I went out in the morning to have breakfast. I was ringing the front desk but no one was coming down to open the main gate. Good thing someone from the neighboring facility was going out so he opened the gate. Otherwise, it was a perfect stay.

At the heart of La Rambla...at the heart of everything! It's quite near Liceu Train Station (Green Line)... a few hundred meters away. My room is very compact but comfortable. Bed and sheets are fresh and clean. No bidet. Water pressure average. With hair dryer. I requested a room with a view...mine was La Rambla itself. My room was at 303. Very near to all tourist attractions. Good sound proofing too despite being along la Rambla.

Next time in Barcelona - same hostel!
    • Single Room with View

I had stayed only one night in Barcelona. This hostel was ideal for my stopover. It has a perfect location to explore the Gothic Quarter. Very close to the tube station. Clean, good air conditioning. Quiet, my window was to the busy tourist street Las Ramblas, still it was not noisy at all.

The property was super clean and had a ‘hotel like’...

The property was super clean and had a ‘hotel like’ experience than a hostel. Beds were made and cleaned everyday and new towels were given which was great. The rooms were big and quite comfortable. The location of the hostel is perfect and right in the middle of La Rambla.

Great location, helpful staff

The only thing that I was unsure about is the value for money. But I guess we paid for the location rather than a comfy room! Other than that, I would book it again and will recommend to others.

The hostel is in the great location, and the staff was very helpful. The guy at the reception was happy to help with the closest restaurants of value, and has even wrote down everything on a map for us.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The location was amazinggggg!
    • Economy Double Room

The room was a lotttt smaller than expected and it had a slight smoke smell. You had to leave your key at reception each time you left which was a bit weird felt a little unsafe handing my key to a different person each time I left with my belongings so accessible.

The location was amazinggggg!! Can not fault.

Best stay in Barcelona I've had
    • Double or Twin Room with View

Absolutely Amazing. The room was fresh, very clean and the beds were really comfortable. The staff was very professional and nice. Best stay in Barcelona I've had

Excellent hostel for the price.

There is nothing I didn’t like.

It was an excellent stay for us. Room was nice, we had our own private bathroom, clean and good size. Room was cleaned every day and towels were changed.

All that is described in the description of the hostel,...

All that is described in the description of the hostel, fully complies with. I will add that for this money, you will get a super location, a clean and comfortable room, with shower, air conditioning and Wi Fi.

The staff lied about the WiFi
    • Economy Double Room

The staff lied about the WiFi We were told that WiFi would be £5.70 for the duration of our stay Turned out this was not true. The £5.70 was actually for the city tax - Please tell your staff to stop lying to customers. I appreciate that city tax must be a difficult thing to retrieve from customers but lying to them by saying it’s for WiFi is simply unacceptable.

clean, safe, excellent location, good bed and silence (rooms...

breakfast is not available, however, many options in the neighbourhood.

clean, safe, excellent location, good bed and silence (rooms located at back) perfect for a very good rest. Air conditioning very good.

Beyond expectations - value for money!

Located on La Rambla and very easy to locate. Felt very safe and there was 24hr reception with friendly, helpful staff. Room was very clean and sheets and towels were replaced every day which for the price and the fact it was a hostel we were not expecting. We had a balcony which was a nice touch. Located near the markets where we got breakfast everyday. Goof Wifi too.

Excellent stay and enjoyed .
    • Double or Twin Room with View

Location was excellent on Ramblas. Every place was walkable with Eating places all around and bus stops close by. The hosts were very cordial and welcoming . They accept Early and Delayed check In and check Out. Though they do not provide Lift for 4 th floor but we being seniors they opened the same for us.

Great value and excellent location
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel could've been easier to find and some of the lights didn't work but wasn't too much of a problem

We had a beautiful view of Guell Palace and the hotel is in such a great location. Plenty of things to do in that area but also lots of metro stations.

Rooftop swimming pool and greatly equiped rooms.
    • Single Room with View

Please pay attention that I had an unpleasant situation with a “hotel’s taxi driver” that approached me from the hotel loby (registration number is E 5408 JYJ). Unprofessional service.

Nice interior, design, typografy. They pay an extra attention on details. Modern swimming pool with a view! Breakfast was great and staff was polite.

The location.

There was one in the check in counter who was so un nice and rude.

The location. The room was very nice, tidy and clean. Very good value for the money I spent.

Location and comfort!!!
    • Quadruple Room with View

There was no coffee maker. Though they offered an electric kettle.

Asif and the property manager at the reception were very helpful. They helped us checkin early as they had the availability. Asif was like a guide to us. He told us of all the cool places to check out for meals. The location is excellent, right in the middle of all the action . You can come in any time as there is someone at the reception always. We walked upto the beach and also to the magic fountains from the hotel. Loved Barcelona and enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The property is also prompt in responding to your questions/concerns before you check in. Thanks!!

I booked a few months n advance, but I paid more (eur 80)...
    • Single Room with View

I booked a few months n advance, but I paid more (eur 80) than what the current rate showed on the website on the day of my arrival (eur 60)...I would suggest that you keep track of the hostel rates regularly and try to get a better deal.

The location is perfect, our room was nice, clean and...

The location is perfect, our room was nice, clean and comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was good to arrive back to the hostel after a long day, we felt us "at home". When we come back to Barcelona we will choose Hostal Benidorm again!

Great location, updated rooms.
    • Economy Twin Room

They gave me a room on the 4th floor with no elevator access. I had a guess over 65 y.o. Also, they forgot to clean the room 1 day.

Great location, updated rooms.

To be honest this is not what I expected.

To be honest this is not what I expected. We were 4 people above 70 years old on our first trip to Europe. When I read the description of the Hostal it sounded like an average hotel and the pics on the site confirmed it. I believe this type of venue is strictly for younger folks traveling through Europe on a tight budget. It did, however provide a lot of laughs for us, and the location was perfect for sightseeing!

Aircon was broken i was made to sit in the tiny room for over an hour why two men "worked" on the aircon covering my things in plaster. I was then moved to a room half the size and not offered any compensation.

Excellent location, clean and comfy

The room was an excellent for my needs, but I wish it had a desk where I could have worked. During my stay there, I needed to work a bit, so I did on my bed, at the reception (where they had some sofas and a table) or in one of the many cafés near the hotel. I also hope that they would have an iron, because I was there to attend a conference and had with me formal clothing that needed ironing. Luckily, I took various clothing options so I could avoid the ones that needed ironing, but that was just a coincidence.

It's great value for money. You're literally at the ramblas, there are 2 metro stations within walking distance and you are within walking distance of many of Barcelona's attractions. My room was small, but it had everything it needed. It was also very new and clean. It exceeded my expectations.

Great Location
    • Economy Double Room

I didn't like that we had to give our room key to the front desk every time we left the hotel. It didn't make me feel overly secure that our belongings were safe (yes, there is a safe in room). The common areas can get loud from just about any noise--baby crying, people talking. If your room is near this area, it could be annoying.

The room was a great size for a typical private hostal room in Europe. The location was very central, and near a lively area with lots of restaurants.

Met our needs. Good metro system, so could have stayed out of city center for less money and noise

Three friends sharing room. Bathroom had semi-transparent door that by design did not close completely. No knob, no privacy.

Clean, had 24 hr. check-in. Felt safe and comfortable.

Excellent location -- our balcony overlooked La Rambla.
    • Quadruple Room with View

Excellent location -- our balcony overlooked La Rambla. We booked early and got a very good price. There's an exit of the Liceu station right nearby, convenient for getting around Barcelona. If you're taking the Aerobus to/from the airport, it's even possible to just walk to/from Placa Catalunya -- bit of a challenge with heavy luggage but still doable even with kids and seniors. And of course the interesting Barri Gotic and El Raval neighborhoods are both just a short walk away.

Perfect place to rest and to explore Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room with View

The pricing could be better, but it is Europe, and price was in line with other hostals

Everything about this hostal was perfect...very nice location, the room was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

The location was perfect.
    • Single Room with View

The lift didn’t go all the way up to the topmost floor. Reception helped me lift my luggage but I had to carry it down.

The location was perfect. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable and seems to be very new.

Location is absolutely amazing.

I spent only 1 night in this hostel, but I liked it very much. Single room is quite small, but it’s ok for such rooms in Spain. Everything was clean and tidy. The bathroom is very modern and has everything you need. Staff is very friendly, they let me leave the luggage at the reception before and after arrival, they also give you scales to weight the luggage. But the greatest thing is location. It’s right on the ramblas, metro station is 5 mins walk, and all tourist attractions are just around the corner. Great place!

I loved this place and will certainly recommend it to all my friends and family.

Was noisy in the surrounds of the Hostel - loud music playing but maybe there was a party going on.

The location was brilliant and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room and Bathroom were very clean. .they kindly stored my luggage for me on the day of check-out. They locked the hostel after a certain hour so felt safe.

Almost like a hotel
    • Economy Twin Room

I liked everything, it is clean, modrrn and right in the center. The staff is very nice. There are some unrenovated interior rooms, our first night was in that room, but the kolind staff suggested we should go to a better room the next morning as soon as the room was available. Everything was perfect!

Everything was great, place totally recommended!

The negative side of the location that it was a little noisy, sometimes we could felt the vibration generated by the metro, and also the bed was ok but maybe it could be more comfortable. But these were not so dramatic issues for us, overall this place was a good choice

The accomodation was in a great location, in the heart of the city. It looks like the whole hostel was recently renewed, so everything was new and modern. Our room was nice, new, clean, and modern, we even had a little balcony. The staff was super kind and helpful!

Central, quiet and very clean.
    • Economy Twin Room

A bit dark (because window was to back yard), but no big deal. Few opportunities to place bags, clothes, books etc. in room.

No hairdryer in room, but could borrow in the reception. The room was quiet, with window to "back yard".

This hostel exceeded our expectations! Central, clean and great value for money!

Everything was perfect! We loved our room, it was spacious, functional and clean; the position of the hostel right at the Rambla (10 min on foot from the port and Placa Catalunya) was fantastic, the staff friendly and helpful 24h. Really great value for money!

La Ramba stay at Hostal Benidorm.

Couldn't really switch off at night because of the rumble from the metro train. No view from the room but that didn't really matter as I wasn't in the room during the day.

Nice, clean and modern. Great location.

Awful

The room has not cleaned up when I checked in. The tower is used. It seems someone just slept in the bed. I don’t know why the front desk staff arranged this room to me.

A unique experiment that was fine for me, but not a place I'd recommend to solo travelers.

My single room was TINY (about 6 ft X 9 ft., plus bathroom about half that size) , looking out on an air shaft. Since I am a big person, used to having a little space, this took some getting used to. There was a plumbing problem on the first day, so I wanted a room change. They would not move me, but did get the problem fixed in a matter of hours. The problem recurred a few days later, and they moved me to a bigger, better room. I'd have been a happier camper if they had moved me in the first place. Once one got to the hostal (3rd floor), security seemed quite good, if not perfect, which is important in this neighborhood. I didn't feel 100% secure getting back to the hostal late at night (well-lit, but lonely, entrance off Las Ramblas). That end of Las Ramblas attracts some of the edges of human behavior after dark. It sits over El Centro Gallego (a private club) and a mini-casino, which has its share of characters coming and going, all day long. Benidorm will eventually need to do something about the security of the entrance off Las Ramblas.

This is a newly renovated hostel, with clean, modern facilities. The owners, who are very present, seem to be focused on cleanliness. The location (right on Las Ramblas) is good, in some ways, challenging in others. My single room was TINY (about 6 ft X 9 ft., plus bathroom about half that size) , looking out on an air shaft. This took some getting used to.

Great value for money! Like hotel
    • Single Room with View

A little bit noise from outside but only on saturday was noticable

The hotelrooms where very clean and high quality, modern. And they cleaned everyday. Recomend room 413. With view. Modern and own bathroom.

Location was amazing for food, tourism and a little bit of...
    • Single Room with View

Location was amazing for food, tourism and a little bit of night life. I even found a jazz band with outdoor dancing across the street. Asik was hospitable

First experience in a hostel, and first experience in the...

First experience in a hostel, and first experience in the Benidorm. Everything was perfect! The location, the room very well renovated recently, big screen tv, international sockets, smartphone socket. The staff and especially the manager who was very helpful. We were lucky to have the view of the Rambla and will surely come back.

Good value for money and excellent location

None. Just they need to give more flexibility in the check out time.

Very good value for money and excellent location. Mr. Asif in the reception very polite and helpful. I will recommend it for other people. HALAL food is in the corner.

Pleasant
    • Double or Twin Room with View

The cost was higher than in U.K. for small room and no breakfast included. Otherwise room was extremely clean and well kept.

Convenient location to Barcelona stores and restaurants

Everything was excellent.

Bathroom staff could be more better.

Location was very good. İt is very close to turistic areas. Room was good enough. Beds are very comfortable. Staff was very lovely. Transportation from airport was very easy. You can reach with aerobus from airport to property.

Clean functional and central

Slightly firmer pillow

Only slight fault was the pillows were a bit too soft, other than that.. Cracking location, clean and functional , and really cheap

We liked because it was clean and in the center of the city
    • Economy Twin Room

We didn’t like it because the cleaning service got in the room when we were screaming naked “NO” , the room was just near by the front desk and it was really loud, we can hear everything, and the bed it is not having the best position in the room ( a line of light from the door it was always in my face ); and in the last morning at 10 a.m. we get a call because we were to loud :)

We liked because it was clean and in the center of the city

The location is perfect and the room was so clean.

The single room was quite small but still it was enough for me You always feel the eyes of staff on you!

The location is perfect and the room was so clean.

It was a fantastic location for the price!
    • Double or Twin Room with View

It might be hard to find at first.

It was a fantastic location for the price! Right on Las Ramblas. The room is very functional with a very nice bathroom. It was cleaned everyday and the staff was helpful.

Very pleased with my stay, good value for money in a great location.
    • Single Room with View

This is an excellent location, right in the heart of town, close to restaurants, events, sites etc. My room overlooked the main street which was nice but be warned, it can be noisy at night. A minor thing but for the convenience and comfort of this location, it was worth it. If you need a quieter room however, better to request a room not directly facing Las Ramblas.

A perfect hostal in a perfect location
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I travelled alone and booked a single room in the hotel. Everything was perfect. The room was cleaned every day, it had a safe, a TV, and an air conditoner. The staff was very helpful and kind. The location is excellent, just near the metro station. WiFi was fast, and worked well every time when I was in my room. I would definitely reccomend this hostel.

The location is superb!
    • Economy Twin Room

Our room was really dark and we didn't really have Natural light in the room. The window was covered and not posible to be opened.

The location is superb!

Perfect for a low cost stay in the centre of Barcelona!
    • Economy Twin Room

The windows overlook small backyard and, as a result, the room is quite dark. The hotel does not offer breakfasts, but this not a problem as in the neighborhood there are dozens of bars and restaurants offering wide choice of food.

Great location in Rambla, close to metro station and many tourist attractions. Very helpful and always smiling staff. The room was quite spacious and nice, the bathroom looked new and clean. Comfort of the room was equivalent rather to two-star hotel than hostel.

Perfect hostel at perfect location! Highly recommended
    • Economy Twin Room

I found hair at towels twice, cleaning service didn’t fold our bedcover, outside the window there was other building so I couldn’t see anything, there was no bin bag in bathroom and they use our plastic bag and put into bin.

Very nice stuff, helpful when needed

Great place for enjoying Barcelona for a few days.
    • Economy Double Room

Very good value for money. Safe, clean, quiet. Modest, but has all facilities that one might need. Close to airbus terminal. I stayed at the same place last year.

The location is right on Las Ramblas so it was easy to walk...
    • Economy Double Room

The location is right on Las Ramblas so it was easy to walk around the neighborhood and easy access to the metro. Staff was nice and tried to help out with our questions. Loved the balcony in the room. The hostel was one of the most private and quiet ones that I have stayed at.

Perfect location and staff and price
    • Economy Double Room

I didn't like the way you had to leave your key into the reception every time you left . Was a strange request that all guests had to but nothing was ever moved or changed in the room whilst we were gone . It made sense as the key was very big but was a bit sketchy about this at first .

It was perfect for what we payed if not even more . The staff were efficient and the room was so clean and cleaned daily also . Perfect location and it was just a great stay id for sure go back there . Safe In the room and the room was just a nice size wasn't overly roomy but we were barely in it .

It is value for money and we liked the bath at night after walking around all day in Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room with View

We were happy travellers.

The location was excellent with views over La Rambla, all near everything we wanted to see and two doors up from the best Flamenco in town.

• Economy Twin Room

The comfort but what do you expect for a Hostel. No hairdryer so come prepared if you’re going to stay here. Pretty noisey especially from others staying there.

The location. Pretty centre to everything.

Location, Lighting, Balcony make this a great spot for a solo traveller.
    • Single Room with View

Staff felt a bit disconnected and robotic, at least 3 or 4 members I interacted with were on cell phones or computer and seemed very disinterested in connecting to guests. Room was very small and overall noise from the street and hallway were a bit much at times.

Great location on The Rambla and my room had a small balcony which was fantastic. The room was clean with The BEST Lighting I had my entire travel in Barcelona. Check in is fast and easy and the staff do their best to fulfill request such as a balcony.

Position - would stay again
    • Single Room with View

Single beds VERY narrow - suitable for children not adults. Lack of english TV channels. Could at least have BBC or Sky or CNN for travellers.

Position - would stay again Reception staff friendly and courteous

We wouldn’t recommend staying there
    • Economy Twin Room

Beds were hard like a floor, pillows bad as well. Lobby was outside our room, and there was a fight between guests and front clerk for a half of night.

Location, room, restroom were good

Perfect location. Simple and practical rooms. Nice team
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There is only one shower and it is on the floor above (I slept on the 3rd floor). Also it was not cleaned while I was there. Just do not be stingy like me and take a room with a shower in the room.

The location is really really good. Right on the Ramlebs Boulevard. The staff is very nice. The room is simple but has everything you need. A safe and a neat place to organize clothes. The room was clean and was cleaned every day. The WI-FI was very good. There is a 24-hour reception, so it gives you a sense of security.

Great Location with Value Money
    • Economy Twin Room

Very Great Location, Safe place, Easy to go shopping. If come from Airport take bus drop Plaça Catalunya. Then go by walk no need to take Metro because you will tried with stair and heavy with your luggage. This hostal located on La Rambla Rd., easy going Port and Shopping place, many supermarket or Restaurant

Great place to lay your head after a long day of viewing a great city
    • Double or Twin Room with View

Our room was facing La Ramblas and was bit noisy but worth it for the location and room

just what we needed for a weekend in the city. clean beds and bathrooms. reception staff exetremely helpful. woudl definately recommend

We enjoyed our stay, thank you
    • Economy Twin Room

I hated the shower & curtain and toilet in our room from 28 Sept - 1 Oct - too small and too messy with shower water all over the place.

The rooms were clean. Some friendly staff

Good value for money in an excellent location.

It would have been good to have a kettle/ kitchen area but a good stay otherwise.

The rooms were cleaned daily, it was easy to find and good value for money. The location is excellent - super central and good for getting around the city.

In the very center of Barcelona, a perfect starting point...

Disturbing noises from the Rambla during the night, though the problem may be minimised by closing the windows (air-con in the room)

In the very center of Barcelona, a perfect starting point for trips around the city

Location location... in the middle of the action and attractions
    • Economy Double Room

We were not expecting to carry bags on stairs but only one floor and staff helpful when we arrived. No bath mat for floor so we had to use the hand towels to prevent slipping on wet floor after shower.

Being on La Rambla was wonderful. Room was adequate and as expected for price.

good location and comfortable

There is no floor mat in the bath room. We were informed that the shower towel 'should be used as a floor mat' after we are done showering. I do hope that the hotel will provide a floor mat in the bathroom in the future. Shower towel = floor mat is so 'unhygienic', although everything might be mixed and laundered together at the end.

The location of the hotel is very good, right on the La Rambla, where you can have all the tourist stuff, restaurants, souvenirs shops etc. The room is basic but well-kept. It is located between the Liceu & Drassanes Metro Station (which means you can disembark at either of these metro stations, Line L3) if you are going to the hotel by Metro. Both are around 5-min walk from the hotel. The L3 line will take you to almost all tourist spots on the map and the metro network is good in Barcelona. From the cruise port, you can take a shuttle (a few Euro) to the end of La Rambla, then you can walk to the hotel, within 15-min. Restaurants and souvenirs along La Rambla could be expensive, you can get less expensive food and souvenirs along those roads/ alleys that branch out from La Rambla. The front desk is helpful, some are friendly while some are less. There is a coffee vending machine & a food/ beverage vending machine near the front desk. There is a computer and printer (with charge) if you need to use it.

A great deal for location and and economical stay.
    • Economy Double Room

Could hear activities (rolling luggage, etc.) in the hallway. Wish there were at least one side table next to the bed for my phone and CPAP machine.

Although the room was small and pretty spartan, the bed was more comfortable than anticipated, and the shower was a nice size. The staff was very helpful - even making sure at 4:00am that they showed us which cab was ours outside! Has an elevator.

Good for a short stay
    • Economy Double Room

-little space in the room and definitely not ideal for a family with a toddler-safe and light switches at little one's hand reach -not very pleasant smell in the lift -quite a lot of noise-I think it was the metro I could hear mostly and also other guests (however it's not sth you don't expect given the location-we were prepared for some noise level) -cleaning lady came to service the room when we were resting and when I asked if she could do it a little later when we go out she offered only change of towels

-location is perfect -room and the batbroom very clean, -computer in reception (works with coins) where I could print my train ticket -wifi works perfectly well

Central location

Any noise from reception at all times of night travelled right into my room, but other rooms may not have this issue

Great location, basic facilities but everything you need for a comfortable stay

Browse Hostal Benidorm traveller photo gallery