Reviews of Hostal Berlin 1 stars

San Ramón, 21, 29601 Marbella, Spain

#19 of 36 B&Bs and Inns in Marbella

• Double or Twin Room

Walking distance to everywhere in Marbella, right in the heart of Old town: this is ine of the best spots in town! Hip decor, friendly staff: would definitively recommend to friends!

• Double or Twin Room

some bedding was unclean unfortunately, and the walls are thin so if there is a noisy family (which we encountered) then it isn't very convenient.

Well, the location is absolutely amazing. The lady at the receptions is super nice and helpful. and if you are not looking for the luxuries of staying in a hotel, then it is perfect.

There was nothing not to like, the place was a haven!

The Hostel Berlin is extremely well-situated, being on a quiet pedestrian street on the edge of the very popular old town of Marbella, just a few minutes walk from the esplanade and beach. The building is in very good condition, well decorated and in excellent repair - everything works. It has ensuite shower rooms, air-conditioning, heating and nice big bathsheets! There is an attractive communal sitting room, with large screen TV (incl. English channels). Here you can help yourself to coffee, tea and some little buns, all by kind courtesy of the host. It is also possible to buy a cold beer from the fridge! There is an excellent roof terrace with sofa and armchairs on which to relax whilst soaking up the sunshine. I couldn't fault this place; for the price it is really quite exceptional.

The owners and staff were extremely helpful and friendly, location was great and although the accommodation was basic it was excellent value for the price.

Very well located. Walking distance to the old town and promenade/beach. Nice and clean place. Great staff and very helpful. Really pleasant stay!

No WiFi in the rooms, parking a problem so had to pay for underground parking and not too close.

Excellent location, friendly staff, communal lounge, coffee and croissant a nice touch. Good value for money, we would recommend it.

see above!

nothing! I paid for accomodation and nearly ended up homeless in marbella i was only there 3 nights then with 2 hours notice said that i had been double booked, when i said that i would be homeless in marbella and what am i going to do , the lady just shrugged her shoulders, the staff were abrupt and rude i am a single parent it turned into a big safety and vunerable situaton. This could happen to anyone. i will not be booking through booking.com again. i have written a formal complaint letter, my childŕn are only 3 and 12. my eldest has autism, so the anxiety and stress it put on her was really devastating. i am still fuming about this. i was just lucky that my friends could lend me money, which was embarrassing but i was in a truly desperate situation. I recommend you do not keep them on your sight. I would hate it to happen to another family. I literally had a panic attack and i paid for 21 nights and in the end only stayed there 3 nights. They would not give me a penny back. This all does not include the cleanliness, staff rudeness, safety of the room anyway, absolutely awful. I am still waiting for a response from booking.com!

Nothing. Just a suggestion to have a shaded area on rough top

Everything was very thoughtful x welcoming. I loved the complementary coffees x seating on roof top terrace. The staff was friendly x helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

No breakfast available. Free tea and coffee were offered and a mini muffin. The shower curtain stuck to your body when washing on the count of the tiny shower area. Glass shower doors would be much better

Clean, comfy bed, good value for money, air con, quiet, friendly staff, free wifi. All round a great place to stay

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

There was noise from adjacent bathrooms.

Friendly, small hotel in an great location not far from the beach or tourist area and near several local bars / restaurants.

• Double or Twin Room

The twin beds are a bit small for a guy my size!

I was given the choice of 3 different rooms! I chose the one with a great west facing balcony on the 2nd floor. I spent hours in their comfortable living room area downstairs with a permanent source of coffee and CNN news!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

No place to park although on booking.com it said there was parking available. You need to say that it is in a pedestrian area. Very noisy people next door. Talking extremely loudly and laughing after 12 midnight. Annoying!

Clean basic but just what we wanted! Excellent value for money!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Breakfast was a mini muffin wrapped in plastic. The parking they offered was several blocks away in a public parking lot which costs 11 Euros. The parking on the street is very hard to come by.

In a great little neighborhood near some great restaurants, bars and shops. Very close to everything. Nice staff. Bed was ok, good to have my own bathroom and toilet.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Television only in Spanish!

Staff were very welcoming and easy to talk to. The position of the Berlin was great for my needs. The room was cosy and clean.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

- Maybe lack of color in the room, as the natural light only come from the window of the bathroom...

-Hotel situated in the casco antiguo of Marbella (even if Marbella, is not a very interesting city...) and near the paseo martimo and beaches - you can stay on the sofa near the bar - Accessible roof top - The lady was nice ,she let me wait on the sofa the last day ; she even proposed me a piece of cake, while she was resting with friends of her -Clean room and bathroom -TV

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Nothing serious. The room was a little bit small however very cozy.

Staff was awesome, offered some coffee and local candies. The hostal was very cozy.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Very lovely people carried my small case to and from my room as I'd hurt my back. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet, on edge of Old Town and short walk to beach, and to food shops and bus stop/taxi. Really just what I needed. I will definitely be back

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Laundry facilities would be great for guests use. Another good idea would be kitchen access for guests particularly as no meals available

Reception was excellent, room great, everything I needed for a 6 night stay. Assistance with suitcase up/down stairs. Cleanliness excellent

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

With all the great reviews we thought this was a true gem with bargin rates, unfortunately that was not the case....this is a great place for those truly on a tight budget and don't mind hearing others bowel movements, or being woken up early morning smokers. The room was small (which is fine for the rate being paid), however, the duvet cover felt dirty and unwashed from previous occupants, although under sheets were clean........for some this would be a great find......all we wanted was a place that was clean, peaceful, not smokey, with some sound proofing......

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

We must say how disappointed we was with this hostel. We travel a lot and stay in hostels throughout the year. The staff were so rude to us, they spoke down to us constantly. When we arrived there, my wife was asked to sign a document which was in Spanish. When my wife asked if there was a translation in English, the man got rude and asked us to sign it otherwise we would not get our room keys. We put the do not disturb sign outside our door but still staff thought it was okay to enter our room which was an invasion of privacy. The beds were terrible, the tv and ac did not work and the room was generally dirty. I asked the cleaner if she could change our towels as they weren't changed for 3 days but refused. I must say the shower is absolutely tiny. I am a slim lad and the shower is so small that you can only fit half a body in there, it was awkward. One of the staff thought that me and my wife were making noises in the room, she assumed she heard us having sex which was not us. She put her arm and her hand out when we got to the stairs of the property and pointed her finger right in my wife's face and shouted in my wife's face that she would call the police if she heard even voices from the room. From this day me and my wife whispered in the bedroom and slept in separate beds as we were scared. First of all, the noise was not us and second of all people go on holiday to have freedom with their partner. We tried to tell the lady it was next door but she got very angry and I thought one point she was going to hit my wife. Either way this place is cheap because it is dirty, have rude staff and unfit for purpose. This is a real and honest review. Location was fair but other than that this place is a big no no ! The guy at the start who checked us in said if we wrote a positive review on trip advisor asap he would give us special treatment and discount !

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Would have liked one large bed for the two of us as opposed to two single beds.

Great location. Easy access to the beach and the old city. Great value for money. Very quiet.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Bed in a Mixed Dormitory with 4 beds

No natural light in the downstairs dorm due to the window being boarded up.

Very friendly, hospitable staff. Comfortable bed with clean bedding and towels. Huge ensuite bathroom and private terrace. Quiet and relaxing.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Wifi was a bit poor but we managed

The location is excellent. Only 5 minute walk to the beach, bars and restaurants on the front. Would definitly stay here again.

Clean comfortable

• Double or Twin Room

The service;new towles every Day,changing bedcloths X1during one week.my questiones was answerd.A smily and helpful crew every Day😊👍

Great Location to Orange Square

Central position near promenade and cafė etc.

Great location, perfect cleanliness. Staff was extremely helpful. I will be back in summer .

• Quadruple Room

Good location close to the centre, nice staff.

Staff really helpful Great location Overall excellent trip

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, friendly staff, clean room

• Double or Twin Room

Not very clean, ants in the room.

Location, staff. The value for the price

Value for money in the heart of the City

• Double or Twin Room

Slightly small shower and noisy corridors but soon went quiet after midnight.

Freindly staff, clean room, comfortable bed, A/C, central location.

Clean, they upgraded me as I stayed there before. Location is great. Staff are exceptionally friendly and warm.

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom floor flooded every time we showered

Location to water front was very good

Friendly staff, rooftop terrace views, use of kettle.... love my hot drinks...

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The Famiey.were really lovely, they went out of there way to look after us brilliant

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

We found everything good,

The croissants were nice,

We got charged for an extra room when we arrived because they couldn't give us what we booked!!!

Staff in the hotel as close people, they helped us in a difficult situation

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

the shower is small

El personal es fabulosos

The staff were brilliant!! Thank you for arranging the football pitch - it was perfect!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room was basic but clean & comfortable. Good value for money.

• Quadruple Room

Very friendly staff. Free coffee and tea all day long.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Proprety, quality/prix, helpful

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room is a bit outdated,it could use a refresh.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Could have more breakfast offers.

Clean

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Vers friendly & helpful staff Very good location

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Not a whole lot.To be picky,shower is made for rather petite people.

Location is excellent for new and old town,also beach. Facilities very clean.

Nunca..😂

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and comfortable. Very central.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

stairs, small shower

Friendly, accommodating staff. Right in the center of town.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Very attentive service and lovely little place. Great location too.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Clean and comfortable with good facilities for the price I paid. Great location and friendly, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

Small bathroom

Friendly and helpful receptionist

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

A little difficult to find. The beds were uncomfortable and the shower was extremely small!

It was in a great location and the staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Accessibility: some steps to get to the room and the hotel is in a pedestrian area, a couple of minutes walk with bags, but in exchange no road noise.

Very helpful staff, nice and clean room, good Wi-Fi. Location close to beach and city center, with some luck also free parking in the street.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2016

Walls are a little bit on the thin side (didn't mind that as the place wasn't busy). It was cold in the room, but an extra blanket solved that issue for us.

Great location, staff was very nice and welcoming; spotless room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

A nice, stylish and very clean hotel. Friedly staff. Nice breakfast included in the price. Located in the very center, old town, which is magnificent with its historical sttractions, cafes, restaurants, shops. If i travel to Marbella next time, i will book it again. I am a routine tourist and appreciate the service quality.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

I am on a roll with great staff and this hostel continues more fortunate luck! Warm, helpful, knowledgeable - immediately will get on the internet and get an answer for me if not already in their head.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

WiFi disappeared from time to time, it was a bit annoying.

Clean rooms, perfect location, friendly staff. Great choice if you look for beach vacation and night life. Very close to the big supermarket, beach, Puerto Deportivo (clubs and bars). You can easily get al the needed plates, forks/spoons/knifes at the kitchen, also use the microwave. I definitely don't regret I booked it

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

We had such an amazing time, we were well looked after, no request was too small and everyone looked after us. We had a fabulous private terrace which gave us further space to relax and have breakfast outside. Which was needed due to our family. Brilliant place, in the old town and 3 minutes to the beach, great stuff!!!

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

Supposed to be non smoking throughout but you could smell cigarette smoke all thru the night. The noisiest place i have ever stayed in with people slamming doors,vomiting in shared bathroom next to our room, hammering and drilling from 830am onwards on several mornings and the noise from the washing machine located directly above our room early in the morning. We also had the worlds smallest shower and never felt clean the whole time we were there.

The location and that towels were changed every day.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Place was very central,easy to walk everywhere!hostal was clean and bed was very comfortable !Also reception was very friendly and helpful Enjoyed my stay very much!Would definitely cone back

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

Stayed here with friends for a weekind away with my friends. The rooms were cleaned daily, air con and wifi were included & the location was great. Close to the beach, nightlife & restaurants. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Marbella.

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

Really lovely atmosphere, staff were always willing to do anything to help you. Very clean, fresh towels every day. Will definitely be staying here again and recommend it to all my friends.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2015

Everything was great. Only I wished the breakfast was bigger, but other than that, great place! :))

Location very close to the old town & the beach.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

Everything was great, and as described. I even had a choice of room. The staff were more than accomodating, and very kind- they are able to provide advice and helpful tips as well. The location is perfect, with everything you need nearby. Will absolutely return.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

friendlyness

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Convenient, clean. Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Super Location near the sea and the old town (antiguo)

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

For the 2nd time I booked in this hotel I am always enjoying the location, the staff...

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

Very comfortable bed, clean facilities, and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

No natural light/air in the room that we choose but for one night it was fine.

Great value for money.

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hostal Berlin traveller photo gallery