Reviews of Hostal Comercial 1 stars

#79 of 375 B&Bs and Inns in Madrid

9.7

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Noisy but good location

Didnt clean the room once in 5 days or leave new towels. It was noisy in the street and the rooms are quite small.

The location is good and the staff are friendly

Value option in great location.Helpful staff.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Thankfully fan included in room did the job, although aircon was advertised in room facilities on booking.com. Can be a bit noisy with sounds from the street if you are precious but you will get this anywhere in the centre, great location close to everything and very helpful staff.

Nice staff, no issues with communication, room not glamourous but clean and given perfect location and competitive price more than acceptable, if you can score an external terrace Room even better.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Simple, not impressive
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shower was gross, the staff didn’t speak any English and even with a translator, when asked for information on the city and things to do he said nothing and that I just go to the information centre. Only gave me a map when asked, but I also had to ask for him to show me where I was and where things were; no initiative. There is also no vibe, no atmosphere here!!!

To have my own space and a balcony was cool and the location was great

Quiet stay in the very center of Madrid
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

When I arrived it was quite late and I think the bell was not working. Fortunately another guest came and let me enter to the building.

I got a room with two balconies so I was amazed (one of them was a winter one with glass but still). The location is the best, 2 mins from Sol and also 2 from Plaza Mayor. It was very clean, also quiet. Modern elevator. Perfect stay

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Noisy Small Without breakfast

Location Air conditioning Wi-Fi Elevators Easy Checkin and check out Plein pf locations for breakfast nearby Metro nearby

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Safe, clean, excellent price to value ratio in the heart of Madrid with A/C, fridge, tub, & service!

The A/C leaked and dripped, but the staff was ready to attend to it for fixing.

Fabulous location. Quiet room with A/C, fridge, kettle, bathroom with a bath tub, too. The bed was comfortable. It was steps away from Plaza Mayor, Sol and many tourist sites with kind service-oriented staff. Price was affordable, and with an elevator, too!

Central and great value
    • Standard Single Room with Private Bathroom

Poor wifi reception (at least in my room). A lot of street noise (not traffic) all through the night. To be fair, my earplugs were effective so I didn’t close the wooden shutters

Excellent location with metro, shopping, and places of interest close by. For the fit, more points of interest within walking distance and apart getting to and from the airport only reason I used the metro was to escape the heat

Just a place to sleep, nothing more, nothing less.

This is not really a hotel, just a bedroom in part of an old, tired building. There are no facilities at all and very little interaction with the staff.

Excellent location in a lively part of the city.

Nice place where I'll definitely stop.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Since there was a couple of cooler days, it would have to be an additional radiator. The room I stayed in was perfect for summer, but not for the cold time.

A clean, comfortable and discreet place. Personal very helpful, perfect wifi connection. My wishes were taken into consideration. I had a room with a balcony

The cozy bed and huge pillows were super comfortable.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathub is a little tiny for people over 5 ft 5"; It is not their fault, but on both days at 4 am it was a bit lousy exactly at the side of Calle esparteros, due to the pintxos bar across the street.

The cozy bed and huge pillows were super comfortable. And the room service was quick. But the stars are for the bathroom, oh my, it is as clean as possible, not like every other hostel.

Good value, good location but small

Reception seems to bounce between Lvl 2 and Lvl 3 ... which is painful when you arrive with all your luggage, and the elevator is tiny.

Easy to find. Very close to Sol Metro station. The rooms are small. I would have found it too small if there were two of us in the room. That said, it has everything you need - fridge, kettle, AC.

Very good budget choice

That the hostel could fix, the bathroom door needs to be planed or rehung as it takes some opening and closing. That it can't fix, our room picked up a bit of street noise. We did have the situation where we were charged presumably by both Bookings.com and the hotel but the helpful office manager Ely fixed that up in a day.

The hostel is wonderfully located, easy to find and check-in was very smooth and courteous. Our room was a little on the dated side and floor space was limited but it was clean and comfortable - more than you could reasonably expect for the price in the centre of a major European city.

The hotel is in an excellent location.

The room was extremely small - just enough room to squeeze down each side of the bed.

The hotel is in an excellent location. Easy walking distance from most attractions. It was clean and comfortable.

A convenient location in the very centre, on the second...

- the room was very small (not a problem really but with 2 adults inside, a bit difficult to move) - the door to the room didn't open well (probably the floor surface was not even) - no heating in the room on the first night (it was February and very cold inside) - the bathroom was cold and didn't have the best smell...) - the remote control was wrapped in a duct tape, the buttons were much used so it was difficult to read what was on them - there was a kettle in the room but no cups (the lady in the hotel gave them when we asked) - although the room was clean, it was a bit 'used' (the door and the walls) - the lady in the reception was nice and polite, however, we felt like the next guests on the list (a bit impersonal)

A convenient location in the very centre, on the second floor with a lift. Clean, good WiFi, a fridge; it was also possible to make tea and coffee in the room. The room was warm (February), however not during all nights. Competitive price. The ladies in the reception were polite. A nice surprise were the welcome sweets. We would recommend it because of the location and the price. On the other hand, taking into account the vast choice of accommodation in Madrid and the experience we had before (we stayed in this city more than 10 times), we would select a different place next time. Actually, we stayed in Hostal Comercial 3 years ago and chose it again because we enjoyed our previous stay. We suppose the owners might have changed and the change of the quality was not for good

Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Facilities were basic but comfortable and clean . The location was excellent and room was warm and quiet. We would stay there again.

Great for young travellers.

I didn't like the fact that the windows wouldn't open. After a few days it started getting very stale in the room, and there was no way to change that. Also, for whatever reason, I had to wait a very long time for hot water, but that's okay.

I'll be honest, I did not expect a private bathroom, I thought it would be shared, so that surprised me very pleasantly. This is definitely more of a hotel than a hostel. The staff was helpful, the bed was comfortable, and the location was amazing.

Value for money in Madrid.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Despite no smoking policy, guest next door smoked all night and filled my room with the smell. Very rude. Not the fault of the establishment.

Great value for money and a perfect location right in the center of Madrid. Rooms are small but the bed was very comfortable. Ask for an interior room as some nights the noise from the street can be very loud.

Excellent price/quality right in the heart of central...
    • Small Double Room

Excellent price/quality right in the heart of central Madrid. Nothing fancy but has everything you might need for a very fair price and helpful staff.

Great Location!!!!!!!!

every morning was a little a bit noisy outside,i think there was some delivery .Room was a little a bit overdated and need some renovation .small but warm.It was perfect for 2 people.Well we were just sleeping there so it was ok for us.

Location is just perfect.Its close to everywhere.Cant be better location!!!Very polite staff.Lots of tapas restaurants and bar around.2 min walk to Plaza Mayor.Restaurant Botin/ Flamenco bar and Miguel market is just few min walk away.Its good place for this price

We arrived late, but no problems with check-in.

The kettle in the room was cracked (difficult to pour but still worked fine)

We arrived late, but no problems with check-in. Room is small, but has everything you need. Bed is firm and comfortable. Location is excellent, though might be a bit noisy at night if you're a light sleeper. There's no breakfast at the hotel, but if you want to eat like a local, there are two bars across the road serving breakfast.

great location and friendly staff.

the rooms at the front face onto a busy street, which can be noisy during the night. Best ask for a room in the back of the hostal

great location and friendly staff.

This is one of my 'Go To' hostals in Madrid; it's in a perfect position and the staff are great!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shower curtain took a bit of getting used to, but worked fine in the end!

Staff are wonderful - I've stayed here several times before. The location is perfect - up a side street close to Sol and Plaza Mayor. On this trip I needed a single room for just one night; my room had a tiny shower/bath tub with a shower curtain suspended from a strange wire contraption - but it worked well, and to have a shower and sink in my room for such a low price was a huge bonus. I did have to share a toilet (which was just a metre along the corridor) - but that proved not to be a problem at all. Lovely little balcony - just big enough to step onto and watch people coming and going in the street. The bed was comfy. There was also a little desk with a chair, and a small wardrobe. A little noise from the street occasionally, but I always bring earplugs, so not a problem. There is a lift. I will definitely be staying here again in the future!

If you want to stay in Madrid and you are on a budget, Hostal Commercial is the place to go.

Nothing,

What I really liked is its location. Honestly you cannot find any better place that Hostal Commercial. It is literally one minute walk from Puerta del Sol. It is near to most bars, restaurants, shops, tourist attractions and near the metro. Also, all of the staff are really friendly (especially Giorgia). They speak good English and they gave us a warm welcome and made sure that we had a nice stay. All of the staff are ready to help and make you feel at home. The check out was at 12pm and they offered to store our luggages while we do our shopping since our flight was late in the afternoon. The Hostal felt really safe and this was extremely important for us since we were only two 20 year olds (females). Also, our room was really clean, and everyday they changed our towels.

Very good location.

Our small double room was a bit cramped and dark, compared to more spacious ones on other side, with balcony and walk in shower, and it was MORE expensive. But reason given was that I'd asked for a quiet room, and supplement for Saturday night.

Location. Friendly staff. Able to leave bags, return relax after check out time.

Location is awesome

My only complaint is that it was a little bit tight, but that is to be expected for this location and price range.

You simply can't beat the location of this property - it's right in the middle of all of the action, near the Perta del Sol, and a short walk to other sights.

It was nice ....

The room was quite small for 2 persons. The toilet flash was not working well and so with the hairdryer.

The facility is very near the tourist's spots. There was an elevator, so carrying luggage was not a problem.

Great!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It was all good! Perfect location, 3 minutes walking from Sol but still quite for sleeping. It was very clean, confortable bed and the girl in reception was very nice (I forget her name). I will defenitely come back since is a very good value for the money!

the room is very very small but the location is excellent...

very very small but it's doable. no breakfast

the room is very very small but the location is excellent and it was super clean. we enjoyed staying there if you don't mind how small everything is.

Perfect short stay location at Plaza Del Sol

Staff were especially helpful. Oscar was very careful and considerate, making sure I saw that everything worked properly, I knew how to get around, and responded enthusiastically to my request for recommendations for places to eat.

central. stay here. solo traveller with a private room. facilities clean. a must book. i will return
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

great place, great price , clean and the staff at the end of my stay was really nice. I stayed in madrid before with my partner and this time it was out of the city centre "sol" however now knowing my way around Sol this hostal is very private and you cannot get any more central than this. i will be returning 100%

Very noisy location.

Extremely noisy because our room was on a busy street. You need earplugs. Air conditioner did not work. Room and bathroom is very small--smallest we have been in within Europe.

Near all major attractions, however the city is very walkable so I would rather stay on a side street and walk an extra block or two. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Thin walls you can hear the people from the other room,...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Thin walls you can hear the people from the other room, especially when they lock or unlock their door. Nevertheless, this is not a deal breaker for me. The hostel has other positive attributes​ (clean, great location, good value for money) that if I go back to Madrid, I will stay again.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Stay in Madrid

Located in central Madrid, 15min walk from Atocha, Museo del Prado, Residencia Real, really close to comercial area. The owners are really friendly and helpful. Small room but with all the commodities (fridge, kettle, bathroom).

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Was under construction

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Bed Bugs!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed Bugs!!!! And very loud! Terrible night! Location is great, but bed bugs are not worth it!

Location and personnel

Location and personnel

Lovely staff, excellent location, shared toilet is clean...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Lovely staff, excellent location, shared toilet is clean and handy

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

very nice short break
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

nothing to dislike for me.

nice hostal in a perfect location, and good air con

Very good!
    • Small Double Room

The location, the air conditioning, the staff and the confort of the facilities for that price. Ah and of course de fridge is really useful

Location was great!

Location was great!!

I liked the place!

I liked the place! Near Metro station.

Stayed one night , great valet literally yards from Plaza...

Stayed one night , great valet literally yards from Plaza Mayor , comfortable and clean.

got everything u need

everything is tiny

got everything u need the price is reasonable

Location is amazing,just 5min to metro station by walking.

Location is amazing,just 5min to metro station by walking.

Wi-Fi and close to Sol
    • Small Double Room

Tiny room and bathroom, broken floor tiles, noisy people buzzing the door entry at 4 am

Wi-Fi and close to Sol

Not what I expected

Rooms are too small and it needs updating

It’s in the center of Madrid

A place in old house in the very heart of Madrid

The room could be larger there were means for boiling water but no cup

The staff very helpfull

Great value for the money - the location

The location - the bed - the room - the price - the staff - the Wi-Fi - the hot water ...

Room is tiny but everything it has!

Room is tiny but everything it has! e.g hair dryer, wifi and refrigerator. The hoster is really friendly for providing useful sightseeing-map.

Nice place just off Sol with character and some extra amenities

Thin walls, peeling paint

Balcony, elevator, the double glazing blocks a lot of street noise, electric kettle

I read in google that this place is not safe.

I read in google that this place is not safe.

Best

bathroom

Too small rooms

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Fantastic location and staff

The smell coming from the window of the bathroom

Fantastic location and staff

Location near Sol.

Location near Sol.

Small room but comfortable.

Small room but comfortable. They do clean the room everyday. The location is so good and you can walk to all the main sceneries within 30 min.

Excellent location.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Excellent location. Friendly staff. Cosy room.

Perfect location.

Perfect location. Great and helpful staff with friendly and warm welcome attitude. I will come back with pleasure.

Close to tourism places and public transport

Close to tourism places and public transport

Ok

It was very difficult to get in touch with them email then multiple times with no respond

Excellent location.
    • Small Double Room

Glass shelf in bathroom corner sharp & too close to toilet. My tall husband almost hit it.

Excellent location. Friendly staff.

Pleasant and peaceful stay!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I did appreciate the low cost parking recommandation. Staff dedicated.

So much noise from the streets around, hard to sleep

Loud very loud

Central location

Very friendly and caring staff.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very friendly and caring staff. A very clean hostal. My third visit here.

Good

Excellant location, all spots are walkable from the hostel

Very good.

Location, staff and cleanliness.

The service was very kind and helpfull (by Eli), the...

Not so clean (bath)

The service was very kind and helpfull (by Eli), the location - great, the room was comfortable.

Great location, great value, very welcoming staff

Great location, great value, very welcoming staff

We both found Hostal Commercial to be very clean and tidy.

We both found Hostal Commercial to be very clean and tidy. Train station nearby and easy to find

Great choice for solo travellers
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It was great! Amazing value for money, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room clean and quiet.

Great location and friendly/helpful staff

Great location and friendly/helpful staff

Staff

Small rooms but perfect for a little staying or backpack

Staff

Mr oscar is very kind.
    • Small Double Room

Mr oscar is very kind. good experience.

Browse Hostal Comercial traveller photo gallery