Reviews of Woohoo Hostal Madrid 2 stars

Concepción Arenal, 6 - 3º, Madrid City Centre, 28004 Madrid, Spain

#116 of 372 B&Bs and Inns in Madrid

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The toilet in 4 bed room is really small. Not sure if they have a luggage room, the bedrooms are not so safe because they don't really offer a key for the room.

The most friendly crew in the whole trip, also helpful. The public area, aka kitchen/ dining room was really useful. they cannot accommodate too many people, which makes everything cozy and easy. The spot is very close to Sol, w a lot nice stuff to check out.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

Our entrance key didn't work, but there was a 24h front desk. The pillows are bad.

The location is perfect, you can walk mainly everything. There was a shower in our room and the toilets were just in front of the room. Good breakfast, full kitchen. Nice staff.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

The shared toilet also contained a shower which meant it was sometimes locked

The property was very clean, the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were spacious. The breakfast was free and was very nice. Very good location right next to the main gran via street. Nice and quite hostel.

The lockers were a bit creeky, hard to be discreet late at night. It was a bit confusing on arrival where to go, perhaps a sign outside the door on the 3rd floor and perhaps a sign in the lift if allowed would help. Someone did come and say hello though after we stood a little lost.

I loved that the desk was 24/7. You got free breakfast which was basic but very sufficient and nice. The beds were really comfy, staff very friendly and greeted me by name which was really nice, they even asked if my friend wanted to move into my room when the space became available. The location really is excellent, you are right by Gran Via and everywhere is a short walk away, including many metro stations. The lockers had a hole you could put a locker through but I felt my belongings were very safe even without locking.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

I stayed at one of their private rooms, with a private bathroom. The room is extremely small, there's no room for your luggage to lay it flat. I got a room where the bathroom connects with an office/storage room, so the second morning I could hear the cleaning ladies just hanging out at this space, which is directly next to the shower, it was very uncomfortable, I felt I didn't have privacy although I had a private room. The ceiling fan didn't work properly, apparently everybody has issues with these fans, but since I arrived on Saturday night, there was nobody that could come and fix it on Sunday and I was leaving on Monday. The bed was very hard and noisy and sensitive to every move. On Sunday morning, I left the windows closed and the cleaning lady opened them, I found two bugs in the room in the evening, one on the bed dead, and the other crawling next to the night table, very disgusting. I reported it next day but no compensation was given, only an apology and they told me it was probably because the window was left opened (....not by me, that's for sure). The closet was very old and the sheets had stains. I didn't feel it was clean enough. Although this hostel has private rooms and it's affordable, it is still a hostel, so it comes with these issues. I wouldn't stay here again.

The lady that was on call at midnight was extremely nice and helpful during my check-in. I chatted with 2-3 of their staff members, and they were all SO NICE. The location is GREAT, walking distance to everything, right next to Gran Via. Very quiet street although is next to a very hectic location. They have a storage place for your bags during your last day of your stay, in case you need it. They offer free breakfast, I didn't try it but thought it was a nice perk.

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

Some of the shared toilet facilities were a bit worn out and in need of replacing.

Free breakfast during our stay, great location, comfy and large bed, ample towels, clean, easy check in and out.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

I didn’t like the organization of bathrooms and restrooms but it wasn’t the end of the world either.

I liked that breakfast was included, and that it is almost at the Gran Via.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Too small room for 4 people, not enougf space even for bagagge. We couldn’t lock the room due to broken lockstitch. One shower in bathroom was broken and another shower was too small. The whole floor has only one working shower. I wouldn’t go in that hostel again.

Location in city center, included breakfast.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathroom was in our room, but the toilet wasn't, which was a bit inconvenient. The bathroom was a bit too small and impractical, i.e. no hangers.

Amazing location and super friendly staff. Breakfast was good as well. Good value for money.

• Double Room with Private Shower

Was nosisy. The windows are not fonic isolated, it's like they are open all the time. You can hear all the people and cars from the street. When the hallway dor slammed you can hear it as well because neither the room door is a good fonic isolator.

Staff ok, very helpful. Was near center of Madrid, a lot of bistro nearby

• Superior Double Room with Shower

Small things like size of the room and bathroom, but totally fine for this price.

Details matters. Fantastic, friendly and very very helpful girls on reception, nice surprise (extra breakfast), big and comfortable bed and amazing location - in the centre. Thank you !

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was small, but didn’t bother me as I was only there one night

Staff were lovely, the room was like a hotel room (private with bathroom) which was a treat in a hostel!

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

Toilets on rooms could have a better air renew system.

Location, facilities and specially the staff. You won’t expect this hostel value at that quality!

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

washing base is too small. no shared kitchen equipment except micowave.

location is perfect. only 5 minutes walk from metro station. very near la puerta de sol.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Our room was next to the reception hall, and It was a bit noisy at times.

The location of the hostel was the BEST, near Gran Vía and a minute walking from Callao. Confortable beds.

• Family Room with Shower

The toilet wasn’t inside the room and in the description said bathroom included, only shower was inside. Because its in a good location you will need earplugs to get some sleep, there’s no acustic isolation from the street or from the othee rooms

Location was perfect. Very near to important places.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The toilet facilities seem always under maintenance

Very close to Main Street, metro is nearby which very convenience. Price is including breakfast and towel. Staff are nice, the price is value for money

• Double Room with Private Shower

The sign out front is not very noticeable so we walked past it when we first tried to find it. The room did not include a toilet, only a shower which I found very odd. The breakfast was just toast.

The location is very good.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

For about 14 beds only two toilets is not a good idea at all as well as the Space for it so small

The best thing was the location is near from every thing is exactly in the middle of city center

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

I did not sleep the three nights I stayed here. The sound proof quality is extremely bad. My single room is not facing the street, still noises of water running in the whole building was so big and all night through non stopping, that, coupled with noises of people talking or walking, was extremely disturbing.

The lication is excellent, just adjacent to Grand Via, close to metro, shopping centre, restaurants. The staff are very nice too.

• Superior Double Room with Shower

Breakfast could be a bit more divers. It is a typical Spanish breakfast with almost entirerly sweet options. Some alternation would be greatly appreciated.

The hostel is perfect for what you paying for. Rooms are very clean and comfortable and the service is absolutely appropriate. The location is excellent as well.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

The man in the reception area during the night did not seem so friendly. The bathroom inside our sleeping area was too small, you can hardly move around. The toilet outside was also quite small. Don’t forget to bring your own padlock for the locker. Wifi in the bedroom was VERY WEAK! I had to stay in the dining are since the connection there was faster.

Great location- right by Gran Via! Metro stations are near the area. The man in the reception area during the day was very nice, he helped me in all my queries. I am surprised to know that they offer free breakfast - basic but good enough - bread, cereals, coffee, tea.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There was no key to the room (shared 4-bed dormitory). It wasn't much of a problem for me because I didn't have many things with me, only stayed for a night and have all valuables with me at all times throughout the stay.

The location is very central, meets basic needs, the price is very reasonable and even include breakfast.

• Double Room with Private Shower

If you are a lightsleeper noise can be a issue but honestly cannot knock the place.It done the job it needed to.

Good location from a busy highstreet,easy to get around on the metro.Many food places around the area.I got noise from my room but to myself was not a big deal,unless you are a light sleeper. Staff was very friendly and knew if i needed any help the staff would have the answers,quickly and confidently.Shower and bed done the job and the hostel would be great for a short stay.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything associated with our stay was excellent, the staff were excellent and very helpful, good sized room, good facilities, good breakfast. Thank You for helping make Madrid so memorable!

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The hostel wasn't that obvious from outside the street, or well marked in the building. It could have had a bigger shower- it's quite small.

Nice staff, rooms are only 4, so less disturbance.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I can’t complain about anything!

From the moment we arrived the staff Irene and Maria made us so comfortable and went the extra mile to recommend restaurants and shops off the beaten track. We were in a 4-bed room, which was clean, bright and comfy. The kitchen and common areas were lovely (and also always perfectly clean), breakfast was delicious and the location was ideal.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

Difficult to spot the hostel as the signboard is a lil hidden.

The breakfast was good. Smooth check in/out. Perfect location. 200m from the nearest metro station.

• Double Room with Private Shower

I had a double room with private showers, but this didn't include wc. The room was small. I had a backpack but in case I had big baggage, I think they couldn't fit.

The property is very well located and very affordable in case you're not looking for a fancy hotel. The staff is very friendly and the reception is open 24/24. We checked in after midnight and there was no problem with that. We also had free breakfast in the morning and could leave our baggage on the next day after check out time. The ambiance is great. The room was clean and neat.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

To start the not so good stuff the shower in my room was small. Couldn't even bent down to pick something of the floor and had to dry myself inside the shower. A few pegs to hang close and my towel would be nice and the lock on the door was rusty and didn't want to force it to lock and so yep had another female guest open the door while i was completely naked just out the shower. There are two toilets and a shower together bit annoying if someone is having a shower and you need use the toilet even though they have cubicles but sadly the shower doesn't. Lucky there is another toilet the other side.

I love the location! Its perfect close to bars restaurants and shops also the metro. For me as a vegan a bouns was a vegetarian Chinese restaurant over the road and 2 min walk from there was a Chinese supermarket when I got some soya milk for breakfast. Breakfast was good coffee, tea, toast, cereal and juice. Also so cold meats, cheese, muffins and breakfast pasties for non vegans. I found there was enough for me. Bed was super comfortable and locker can fit a medium backpack you need your own padlock. Note the hostel doesn't supply or sell them but the Chinese supermarket does for a few euros. The guy on the desk kindly told me this and I headed out to get one. The room was bright and clean with a plug socket on the bed and a light that is bright enough without have to use the main light and wake everyone up! The safe are great my favourite been the guy who speaks with an American accent can't remember his name but super helpful recommended lots of bars and areas of the city to visit. The others were nice to but he sticks out. (If your reading this keep up the good work!) The kitchen/break out area there is a t.v. and some table and chairs it's closes at midnight. The kitchen is clean tidy but basic just a kettle, toaster, microwave and a bonus a dish washer! No more washing dishes unless it full. Also free tea and coffee all day while the kitchen is open.

• Double Room with Private Shower

The shower wasn’t working very well. Water didn’t drain fast enough and we had a small flood in the shower. The wifi didn’t reach our room either so we couldn’t connect. Having said that, if we were staying longer I would have booked a different room type and might not have these issues.

Location and the extra big bed! My partner and i were super surprised with the huge bed. The biggest we’ve seen on our whole Spain trip. Hence needless to say we had one of the best sleeps of the trip! Right smack off a side street of Gran Via, it is very very accessible! Breakfast in the morning was also a pleasant surprise and very appreciated!

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

One shower room is equipped per a room, but is hard to use a little because really small.

First of all, staying is very cozy because this hostel is pretty clean, and the staff members are kind. Second, breakfast served every morning is really helpful for we travelers.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Room was a bit small but ok as I am small too! Just 2 small bathrooms but not really busy, just a bit dirty during the central hours but that's fault of some rude people!

The Hostel is in a great position, very central and really near to Callao Metro sation. The staff is really welcoming and I shared room with great people!! They also give you free breakfast and that's great.. and you can use the kitchen until midnight! It is a clean place most of the time. Next time I'll be in Madrid I'll come there again!

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

The radiator in the room was always on, but it was super warm already (even in January). But with the window open it was good.

The location was perfect! And there was a shower in the room what was handy. Also, the personnel was really nice!

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Definitely going there again next time! All the staff members were more than nice. There was a nice surprise as well. For the money I paid I wouldn't expect as much as I received. Very clean place, comfortable beds and pillows, perfect for the purpose I went for.

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

Some street noise during the night and the room was very warm as the heating was on.

Very helpful staff, breakfast included in the price, an extra large doubled bed and a fantastic central location. Great for the low price.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The wifi was really bad. I had to move to another places like a cafe. The rocker was hard to use.

The location was cool because it was close to the puerta del sol and the metro station. There are a lot of cafe, restaurants, bars, and shopping mall etc. Unexpectedly, they offered me breakfast.

• Family Room with Shower

Family Rooms very small. With a family I would not book a room without a toilet again. Although there was a shared loo in corridor this was not idea with 2 children

Fab location

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

The shared bathroom is a bit of inconvenience, as there are quiet a few rooms using the same one and its really small. Still it was very clean.

The location of the hostel is just perfect - a few meters from the Gran Via. Room was very clean and tidy with a big comfortable bed and tv. It's simply decorated but it feels cozy and modern. All the staff members are very nice and helpfull - you feel very welcome every moment. Nice detail is a free breakfast, offered for the guests which was really good to start a day. Hope to come back soon.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

-Super small Room, It’s like train bed, Bed was uncomfortable. No privacy. -No lock for the locker -Shower Cabine was really really small, you can not even easily get inside the cabine! BTW just one Bathroom for whole Hostel!!! - Wifi was terrible too

Location is really great Cleanliness

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

Other roommates were disrespectful while we slept and made alot of noise, they were also very messy

The beds were super comfy and they even invited us to the breakfast.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

This time I have experienced some technical problems - money was withdrawn twice for the same booking. Had to go to my bank, and as they explained, probably (!) the hostel confirmed the booking too late and my bank sent money again.

1. The hostel is situated right in the center. 2. Comfort: comfortable beds, individual lamps and power sockets. 3. Comfortable kitchen. 4. Welcoming and helpful personnel. Have to say that it´s my second stay here.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

The toilets were always occupied.

There was a free (but simple) breakfast. Very special thanks to that black guy working in the reception who took care of waking me up and ordering me a taxi when I had to leave for the airport at 05.30, that was super! :)

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The inside bath it's to small, the room heating did not work well. You could not close the door of the room

The location of the hostel it's amazing, you can find the Callao Square only a few blocks away, Gran Vía street is only around the corner there is a supermarket three streets away is very near of everything (primark, Starbucks, Subway...etc)

• Family Room with Shower

The room we stayed in was very small and there was a very strong smell of cigarettes in it, which bothered us a lot.

The stuff were extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast was a bonus. The place seemed to be clean. The location was very handy.

• Superior Double Room with Shower

Finishings a little tatty (warped floor from water leak, shower slow to drain). Room was noisy from street below,

The location was very central. The staff on reception were very helpful, and found lots of suggestions for free things to do on a Monday. We arrived early but staff were able to show us to our room straight away. Also the hostal provided free breakfast - the only property on our SPain trip to do this - makes it amazing value.

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

I can’t say I didn’t like anything because I really didn’t. Waiting for the tour bus which didn’t arrive at our stop, after one hour we went to get our money back and walked.

Plenty of choice to sit and eat all around this Hostel. The hospitality all round was excellent.

• Double Room with Private Shower

No huge drawbacks we had a double room with private shower, but no toilet. I thought this may be problematic but actually communal facilities were kept pretty clean and seemed sufficient for the number of guests (no queues).

The room was a little basic but it was clean and comfortable. That coupled with the friendliness of the staff and central location makes it great value if you're just looking for a base from which to explore Madrid as we were.

• Family Room with Shower

Noise from grand via at night is extremely loud. Take ear plugs. We still slept though as beds very comfy.

Room was extremely comfy for three women and a little one. The staff were wonderfully helpful and even gave us free breakfast because we had a young child so we didn't need to leave guest house early in morning. Very clean.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Our room is next to the reception, it's kind of noisy sometimes when people talk to reception at night or in the early morning

The service staffs were very helpful and caring. With 24H reception. Great location.

• Family Room with Shower

I stayed in a family room, a family of four. There was a private bathroom. But there was no toilet in the bathroom. If I knew that, I would not have stayed here.

good location

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

The bathroom for my 8 -bed dorm consisted of one shower and a sink that dripped from time to time. The toilets we had to use were in the reception room which was awkward.

Amazing area to stay in/around. The breakfast was more than enough for what I imagined.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Elevators might be hard to find. Do not change the towel. room was not clean

Kind staff and good location. Free breakfast. It's an amazing hostel for its price.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

Bed was uncomfortable. Not enough linen.

This hostel was really value for money! It included breakfast as well. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is super clean and is kept clean at all times. It is well organised. Noise levels are low so it was easy to get sleep. It is in an ideal location!

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

not enough bathrooms and showers for all the people in the hostel. Shower extremely small and hard to get in due to its location next to the toilet . rooms too basic, IKEA bunk beads and noisy lockers.

nice kitchen, good breakfast.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Great hostel, very clean, nice breakfast room and really nice people! I really enjoyed my stay here, also very close to the center. I recommend it to everyone!

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

The hostal is 10 minutes walk from the metro from plaza de espana and easy to get too. The place is nice and clean, value for the money. The staff were very friendly and she help me with printing my airline ticket. Definitely go back to stay there and easy to get to all the sights in Madrid.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

It is necessary a proper kitchen if you're going to spend more than a night. A microwave is not enough. Thanks to Irene who was really nice and commitment.

Very good location

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

My only worry was that I had to take a lift and go outside everytime I wanted to smoke - no balcony or terrace.

Hostel is really well located. Staff is nice and very helpful! 24/24 reception desk. I was leaving very early, nevertheless I was offered a personal cup of hot coffee :) Rooms are spacious and comfortable, private sockets are available next to each bed.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

One girl in reception .. from mexico .. i don't know her name .. but her behavior is bad As when i came to hostel . I ask her about air condition .. because it is mention that there is air condition and after discussing with her .. she told me if you don't like . there are a lot of people want the bed . I will return your money .. and also she didn't tell me about any thing . Just this is your bed .

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

The room is super small, the "bathroom" inside the room is 70 cmx70cm you can barely move inside the shower. You could hear the other people talking at the other end of the hallway. We didn't pay for the breakfast but they told us that it was for free. Let me tell you that the day after I had herpes... you need to clean the mugs and the plates... The room wasn't clean the sheets were dirty

Staff was nice... the reception looks clean

• Double Room with Private Shower

I arrived in the night, the receptionist lady was really welcoming and I had a great sleep after so much travel. I also liked the furniture and the unique structure of the premises.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

No AC in the room. Slow wifi connection in the room. Only one fridge in the kitchen without enough space. My stuffs got stolen from the fridge. I was disturbed twice by two excited teenage couple sleeping in the same bed and making a lot of noise, i ve reported that, the stuff shoud do something about it. That was a shared room, so either respect other people or get a private room.

Very good location right in the center of madrid. Gran via and metro station Callao are next to the hostel. Very nice and professional staff available 24h. Georgiana welcomed me at 2pm. Good breakfast. Clean rooms and bathrooms. All equipied kitchen.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Room was too small and too warm. There were no fan or AC, so it was a bit uncomfortable inside the room.

Location is really great. Staff is very friendly and happy to help you.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Great location! You can walk to most attractions and you're around the main shopping area. Staff is very nive and helpful. They have lots of good tips to help you plan your day.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Amazing hostel! Very very friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean and everything was better than I expexted! I totally recommend this place.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The Hostal is actually on the 3rd floor or something so the stairs are effort but theres a pretty efficent lift so its hardly a compliant. Room was pretty small but didnt really bother us but if you had all the occupants in the room at the same time it would be extremely tight.

The location is great, right out the door and left you're straight into what we called the times square of madrid because of its tall buildings and ads, its also v close to a metro station which is good as the metro in madrid is solid. Its has a kitchen with bread and cereal etc so its basically a little free breakfast.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

Just two toilettes for everyone, no lockers, and hearing in the reception they apparently don't give what they promis in this webpage

It's near to the principal places

• Double Room with Private Shower

Small rooms and a shortage of shared bathrooms but either of these don't matter for a short stay.

Great staff who took the time to help us out very early in the morning after our night bus from Portugal. It is located in one of the best locations in Madrid and has a good free breakfast.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shower

It's really convenient. Few minutes walk from the metro station. 10 mins walk from los cibeles, where you can take the line express to the airport Barajas. Also the staffs of the hostel are super nice guys, who helped me a lot :)

• Double or Twin Room with Shower

It is impossible to find the Hostel if you are not on foot. They have only a small sign which is visible only from one side., Bathroom was smelly and very small. Free breakfast is not much of a breakfast to be honest.

Right in the very center of Madrid! Amazing location. Room was big and clean beside the bathroom, with a nice TV.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Family Room with Shower

No air con in room - very hot and uncomfortable as it was 35+ when we were there

Amazing staff were really helpful, good location, room was a good size for us (3 people) shared facilities were clean

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double Room with Private Shower

The room was very clean. Also the toilet is clean and comfortable. The most advantage of this hostel is the location. It took about 7minute from plaza de sol.

• Double Room with Private Shower

There was light shining through the shades all night, but not a huge deal.

The staff were really helpful when we checked in early. They took our large luggage and gave us suggestions on what to do. The room was a private room with a shower. It was a little weird to have to leave the room for the toilet, but it worked well. The room was spacious and the bed was comfy and clean. The sound wasn't too bad from outside.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Some guests were a bit noisy in the hall. It would be better if there were more toilets and a bit more space in bathrooms, in general. But value outweighs these things.

The bed was really comfortable and the ceiling fan worked well.

Browse Woohoo Hostal Madrid traveller photo gallery