Reviews of Hostal Dianes 2 stars

Pintada, 67, 29780 Nerja, Spain

#13 of 27 B&Bs and Inns in Nerja

The location is good, and the price is right.
    • Double or Twin Room

I can hear the people in a nearby room that one night were particularly active, the bathroom had a noisy fan and worst of all the internet was not working properly. Not having internet in this day and age us very annoying.

The location is good, and the price is right. But the house is noisy, the bathroom has an extractor fan that is also noisy, and the internet didn't work well. The parking is just the public parking not very far from the hostal.

It’s a perfect accommodation if you want to be close to everything in Nerja.
    • Double or Twin Room

We would have really liked to be able to prepare a coffee, as we had to leave early in the morning.

Martina was very helpful and friendly, she offered helpful insights about Nerja and the surroundings. We took her advice on eating out at the restaurant La Puntilla and visiting the nearby village Frigiliana and we had a perfect day in Nerja. She speaks perfect English and you feel like you can ask anything, which was important for us as it was our first time visiting Spain. She is a great host!

Clean, quiet and great value hostal in the centre of Nerja.

Hostal Dianes is superbly located in the centre of Nerja, close to the Balcon de Europa, shops, bars, restaurants and several beaches. The staff are warm, friendly and welcoming and the room was spotless, very quiet and comfortable. Excellent value for money and highly recommended!

Lovely stay in Nerja

Nothing to report

Martina was very helpful in explaining about Nerja. Room cleaned daily and towels changed after 2 days. You cannot fault the accomodation for the price.

Short break
    • Double or Twin Room

Towels very small and mine not changed in 4 days but I managed. You get a kettle but I bought satchets of cappuccino as can’t keep milk fresh. Tv provided but not one English Channel. Never stayed in a hostel before but good value for basic room.

Good location. Basic accommodation but price reflects that. No frills. Hostal and rooms clean. I requested if possible a double bed with balcony but not all rooms got balcony so I didn’t get one. A double bed is two singles pushed together and made up separately but I guess that’s the way they do it. Seems most of the beds in Spain very firm so not great for my back.

This place is amazing!

This place is amazing! Working on the terrace was a pure pleasure! Great location, supernice and very flexible stuff and a great bar at the corner! I wish I could stay more days. I will definitely come back!

Nice hotel in the centre
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom stayed a bit damp so towels didn't dry well

Well placed for access to the centre. Clean and comfortable room in a lovely building. Nice little terrace too. The owner was very welcoming.

Great location, lovely city.
    • Double or Twin Room

The double room might be a little bit small. Parking place is opening area and about 10 min away.

Great location, lovely city. Nice and friendly staff, share a lot of information Spacious and clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Best recommendations!! Cheap and comfortable!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very Good choice för a stay in nerja !!

The Lady in the reception was very friendly and kind to us. The room was very clean and silent , and the beds were excellent.

Good cost performance
    • Double or Twin Room

if there is a refrigerator in the room, it will become perfect to me.

it's pretty convenient location for everywhere. helpful and friendly staff. i never forget your kindness!

budget friendly centrally located alternative in Nerja

It's a very basic facility. The primary thing I didn't like was how thin the walls were. You could hear everything, including people snoring in another room or, perhaps, in a neighboring property.

The location was great and is the primary reason for selecting this Hostal. One can walk to just about anywhere in central Nerja from the property. I had a car and didn't really need it for any thing I was doing in town. The staff was also very nice and helpful. They work in an office, rather than at a traditional reception desk and their hours were limited in the Spanish tradition.

We had a brief trip to Nerja and loved our stay.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

We had the family room, which was perfect for our small group. We visited when the weather was nice for open windows and use of the courtyard. The hostal is walking distance to the beach.

Nice, and maybe bring earplugs
    • Double or Twin Room

It's quite noisy. The amount of noise is dependant on the behaviour of your fellow guests (either slamming or quietly closing doors, chatting on the hall way). So bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

It's a cosy hostal near the centre and the rooftop terrace is nice. Martina is really friendly.

Location was just prefect!
    • Double or Twin Room

Location was just prefect!! It was so clean and fresh and the air conditioning was brilliant!! The staff were always lovely and ready to help, will definitely return!!

Property was close to beaches, and restaurants.
    • Double or Twin Room

The internet connection was spotty throughout the building.

Property was close to beaches, and restaurants. We could walk to everything we intended to do. There were several local points of interest that we could take public transport to visit. So much to do and the property was a restful and relaxing place to rest.

Terrible air con!
    • Double or Twin Room

worst air con I've ever experienced, spoke to receptionist, she told me it was a complicated remote ( it wasn't! ). It just didn't provide cool air whatever temperature we set it at. She eventually provided a fan for the room but we had to persist as was reluctant initially. Feel quite bad writing this tbh but when we checked out yesterday there was an engineer stripping out the unit in the room next door which seemed to confirm there was a problem. Absolutely no other issues with the accomodation but I wouldn't risk staying there again because of the poor air con.

Central position

value for money and in the center
    • Double or Twin Room

we had a room smelling of smoke, even when ensured that it was non-smoker. The problem could not be resolved when we raised the issue at the reception and the reply was not very customer friendly

close to the city center

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Wonderful, comfortable accommodation. Small but completely sufficient.

Very loud in the mornings, so not good for lie ins. I was over for a wedding, so late nights celebrating were a given. I was awoke at 8.15/8.30 every morning.

Very central location, and a simple, uncomplicated room with all the facilities you could want.

Touristy

Free parking is 500m away down a steep hill in a dusty public lot - had to get car washed after only 24 hours there. Showerhead would not stay in place, nor would the TV on its wall mount. Mattress uncomfortable and short. Was made to pay two nights upfront: first time for me in Spain. Nerja is touristy and this place is in the heart of it.

Centrally located. Nice roof deck. Reasonably priced for Nerja. Very good English spoken. Woman was helpful and a good town map was supplied.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Comfy, great value hotel in Nerja
    • Double or Twin Room

Very comfy, clean and good looking hotel. Nice roof terrace. Staff was very welcoming and professional. I arrived late and they had arranged for me to get my keys and left me with a welcome letter explaining all the basics about where to park etc. Would definitely stay again!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking is free but a bit far. The door didnt work well and we got locket outside. The facilities are not new

Good location. Left us the keys and parking direction. Very good host. Gave us good and usfull information

Very enjoyable 9 days in Nerja

Room a bit small but it is a hostel. Would be nice to have a fridge to keep fruit etc and water or to have a communal kitchen where one could have the option of breakfast. No lift and I was on the third floor. Could be a problem for some.

Close to Old Town -5 mins from Balcon. Also 5 mins from main bus depot. Very clean. Staff fluent in English and very helpful. Gave me directions to Tapas bar off the tourist trail which was very good. Would recommend.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

I'll come back

Lady from reception is wonderfull person. Always helpfull. Also she was able to recommend me some restaurants and everytime it was a good choice. Thank you

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Nice hostel.....Shame about the keys!!
    • Double or Twin Room

I told the hotel the approximate time of arrival and arrived within those perameters. When I got to the hotel at 2.30pm approx it was locked. There was a note to me explaining where the keys were. I went to where they said and this was was also locked!! It wasn't due to open for another 2.1/2 hours! I had specifically arrived early afternoon as part of my trip and being unable to check in was extremely inconvenient and worrying. It certainly spoilt the early part if my day. Fortunately, my friend arrived later, around 6.30pm and was able to check us in and get the keys. They had sent me an e mail but because I was going that day and was busy I didn't receive it til afterwards! If they had sent it the day before,it would have been much more use!

The bed was great, really comfy.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Brilliant location in the town, for The Balcon and buses to Frigiliana, Málaga etc.

Comfortable beds, clean rooms, heating/aircon. Martina and staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely roof terrace with views over the town and to the mountains.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Superb location and value and very friendly helpful staff

Nothing we didn't like

This was a lat minute visit. We couldn't have been more happy with our hotel. Martina provided information on where the free parking was and how to get to the hotel. Martina stayed on later than her lunch break to allow us to check in early. She also suggested good local restaurants. Her advice was excellent ! The rooms were lovely with comfortable beds with nice linen. Also a small roof terrace. The location is excellent being within the old-town so a very short walk to everything. The small cafe a few doors down is fantastic for breakfast and very popular with the locals which is always a good sign !

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Excellent location & value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location & value for money. Easy walking distance to all we needed. Only stayed one night on our way to Gibraltar but would be happy to have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Everything about the Hostal Dianes is first class - the...

Everything about the Hostal Dianes is first class - the location in the centre of beautiful Nerja, the comfort and cleanliness of the room, the strong wifi signal and the outstanding value for money. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Clean, comfy, safe, great located, very helpful and friendly...

Our room was on the ground floor and it was too dark for us. Maybe in summer its advantage but not in autumn.

Clean, comfy, safe, great located, very helpful and friendly owner.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Nice getaway
    • Double or Twin Room

Shutters caused a lot of noise when people opened them in the mornings. Not suitable to take children as noise travelled. Bath mat not changed often enough.

Excellent location in old town. Lovely roof terrace for morning sun. Breakfast available a few doors down from hotel. Friendly helpful staff. Kettle and hairdryer available for room.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Small, friendly hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are quite small. More hangers in the wardrobe would have been useful, we did ask, but to no avail. A long mirror in the room would have been nice.

Great location. Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable.

Hotel Dianes - A great Place to Stay in Nerja
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe some teabags and coffee to go with the kettle!!

Ensuite was nice, beds were nice and cosy, we were only up 1 flight of stairs, brilliants shower, very convenient location

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

A fabulous stay in a super location, staff fantastic!

Nothing it was all good.

I loved my rood, spacious and airy and great air con. The lady was really nice and friendly as were all the other staff. Great location and super value for money.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

A fine place to stay - all beaches and walking areas within a few minutes of walk.

It would be nice to have some minimal tea-things. Wi-Fi signal weak in some parts of the room. Some guests, it seems, smoke in their rooms.

The bed was very comfortable, there was a lot of space to keep my luggage and things. Room was well ventilated and surprisingly most of time I could sleep without air conditioning.

Very clean and lovely hostel!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very clean and lovely hostel!

What we expected great place for adults
    • Double or Twin Room

Comfy bed. No noise from street. Great location.

Great location, clean, good value.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was a bit small for more than a few days but that was reflected in the competitive price.

Great location for old town restaurants and shops.

Will repeat

WIFI not good

Bed was comfy

Brilliant

We have stayed at the hotel before and I have never been disappointed, very clean excellent location and the staff are so helpful.

Very easy

Easy check in and out- very friendly and great position

Very, very nice and kind owner!

Very, very nice and kind owner!

Kettle and cups but no tea or coffee

Kettle and cups but no tea or coffee

Great value...easy stay.

Room 108 wifi reception awful/non existent.

Friendly well spoken English reception. Clean good value centrally located hostel.

Centrally based, fantastic warm welcome and overall excellent experience

Nothing - all was perfect

Fantastic welcome from Lourdes - spent some time with me covering the facilities , the area and having a general chat .

Friendly & efficient staff, clean and in a good central...

Friendly & efficient staff, clean and in a good central location

Perfect!
    • Double or Twin Room

In the middle of town, close to everything!

Perfect location in centre of town, easy to find.
    • Double or Twin Room

Walls very tiny, can hear all night how neighbour have a cough

Perfect location in centre of town, easy to find. Very nice breakfast in cafe .

such a lovely welcome !

such a lovely welcome !!!!

I would recommend this hostel and would stay again. You
    • Double or Twin Room

Sometimes you can hear noise from other guests.

Lovely, relaxed atmosphere. Lourdes at reception was very nice.

Great location, comfortable room, clean and great value
    • Double or Twin Room

No balcony/ outside space with view

Lourdes Maria was a delight, very helpful and made the process very easy.

it was great
    • Double or Twin Room

staff were extremely helpful and friendly room spotless and bed was great the hostals location is central and we will be back

Friendly staff
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

You cannot put paper in the toilet!?

Friendly staff

Would visit again definitely
    • Double or Twin Room

Didn't seem to have a kitchen or communal area

Very clean, and nice decor. lovely helpful & friendly staff.

Simple and good
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking a bit far, but ok.

Cozy place, nice lady in the reception, very gentle.

Ok for my Budget.

Sometimes room was not as clean as expected

Location was great

Lovely relaxing stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Could do with a Small fridge

Location. Friendly welcome.

Having a double room as a single traveller.

It was quite noisy, you could here people in next room, noisy cleaners .

Having a double room as a single traveller.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Excellent location, very helpful and informative...
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, very helpful and informative receptionist Martina

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

weak wifi .

location clean room comfortable bed helpful staff

Very nice hostal in a great location, requested a kettle and...

Very nice hostal in a great location, requested a kettle and it was there, everything you need.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Very friendly staff and a good place for the money.

Very friendly staff and a good place for the money. Everything is in walking distance. I really enjoyed my stay!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Very comfortable room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable bed. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Great value, clean and friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

The lady on reception was very helpful and had great recommendations.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Perfect

Location is perfect, close to bus station, beach, shops restaurants and little land train that goes the the cave. Host really helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Welcoming

Welcoming Superb location Very very clean Very well managed

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

It was very clean and well located
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were not very nice

It was very clean and well located

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Good location .Comfortable room.

Weak wifi.

Central location .comfortable room.,helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Perfect one night stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Very clean and comfortable, nice welcome. Ideal for our one night stay.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Great location, clean and very comfortable room. Tea making facilities. What more do you need!
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely clean quiet room, comfy bed... and a kettle. Home from home. Will be back.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Friendly staff good location

Friendly staff good location

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Kettle but no tea bags

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

excellent location, a few min walk to Balcon de Europa(Plaza...
    • Double or Twin Room

excellent location, a few min walk to Balcon de Europa(Plaza Balcon de Europa)

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

😀😀😀

Everything was perfect.

Excellent location, friendly hostess, clean room, air con, tv, kettle. Brilliant value.

Friendly and clean!
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no fridge to use.

Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful.