Reviews of Hostal Jerez 3 stars

Montera, 47, 6 planta, Madrid City Centre, 28013 Madrid, Spain

#189 of 372 B&Bs and Inns in Madrid

One elevator out of service. Only 2 people allowed on at one time. Long wait and hotel on 6th floor. Other hostels in same building not mentioned in ad. One night quite. Friday night kept awake till 4 am by above room partying.

Location, cleanliness, 24 hour reception. Reception people very helpful and all spoke English.

• Superior Double Room - Twin Beds

Extremely noisy room... I didn't feel comfortable because I was asked to leave the key at the reception every time I was leaving the room and I had to do it a dozen of times.

Perfect location.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

There is wifi, but its speed can be improved : )

Clean, good location, the price is fine, the room has the basic furniture, the room is the same as the photos in booking.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

Smaller room made it a squeeze at times

Good location, easy access to airport via shuttle bus, staff were very helpful with locations, metro station right outside, safe inside room however cost 1 euro per day (not a problem however)

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

One long pillow, wasn't comfortable. When we leaving the lady on the reception told us we didn't pay. We were paid months ago online, she must know when we need the leave and to make a double check for that.

The location. Was nice and clean.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

It is nice to put a kettle in the rooms. I did not mind it- but you hear the voices from the neighbors room.

Central. good price. Clean. Good shower. comfortable bed. Good heating Nice staff.

• Superior Double Room - Twin Beds

I could hear everything going outside, nightlife

Location is great, also means that during the night you can hear noise if your room is next to the main street. Rooms are correct, cleaned and staff is nice.

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

- the room where i stayed has tow electrical socket (1st in bathroom, 1 on the wall near tv) - the rooms are not soundproofed

- the hotel is in close proximity to Gran Via Metro Station. - warm rooms - polite staff

Towels are very basic. Could do with a bit of investment in new softer and bigger towels.

Very good value for money. You cannot ask for a better location for a stay in Madrid city centre. My room had views of Gran Via and the city views were absolutely wonderful without compromising privacy as the rooms are on 5th and 6th floors. Bed was basic but comfy.

• Gran Via Corner

For a couple a full or queen size bed is preferable instead of two twin beds together. It is not comfy in the middle and it is difficult to have a very good sleep.

The hostal is well located. We were able to catch the city tour bus just in front, very close to retail stores, restaurants, cafeteria and iconic places. The room space was big enough with balcony.

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

The room was pretty small and simple with minimal toiletries, but the most annoying is the noise from the neighbors. Walls are thick and very weak soundproofed, so you could hear almost anything from the other bathroom :( or from the hall.

Excellent location, as central as could be. Right in the middle of touristic area, Grand Via subway station is just a few steps away. So if you came from the airport by subway, its pretty easy to reach and find. If you travel light, subway is a good option, otherwise must change three trains and walk a lot between the stations. The area is very crowded and agitated almost the entire night, but the hotel seems to be safe. Even if they do not offer breakfast, a good coffee (1 EUR) could be made at reception. Nearby there are plenty of places for having a decent breakfast. We had a very clean room with nice view over Grand Via and Telefonica Palace.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

Nothing on the hostel. However, for the Gran Via Metro Station, if you have kids on stroller and plenty of luggage, do not stop at Gran Via since there is no lift on this station. Try the Sol or Callao station.

The location is superb. Right next to Gran Via Station and right along the Gran Via Street. Very classy for a hostel type. The siblings (sorry guys I forgot your names) and "Coca" were very kind. They gave us a very nice room in the 8th floor and are always answering to our questions and needs. We've been to 5 cities for this trip and the stay on this hostel ranks top on our list. Definitely worth the money and perfect for couple and kids.

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

There are prostitutes outside the hotel. The room is very small, the bed is uncomfortable. The room is very noisy, you can hear everything inside the hotel and outside too.

• Gran Via Corner

Stayed in room 520 and a tip for anyone in this room which is excellent size ,view etc.But some imbecile has placed a security light inside the room instead of in corridor.This means there is a bright light all night,so a tip here cover it up

Stayed there also in june so had no worries coming back with my wife,clean, excellent location for metro and bars restaraunts etc

• Gran Via Corner

Nothing to dislike for a simple and clean hostal in the centre of Madrid.

We had an amazing balcony view where you can watch the world go by. The accommodation did everything it said it would, simple hostal with a very comfortable bed and a simple bathroom - but with the most powerful shower I have ever had!

A/C wasn't working very well. Toiletries are very basic, no hairdryer. Beds quite basic and uncomfortable.

Good value. Convenient and staff on duty 24 hours. Decent room for the price, quiet and clean.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

Bathroom is very small. Wifi wasn't very good. No elevator for the rooms in floor 5. If you have mobility problems make sure you tell them to book you a room on floor 6 (the hotel is just on two floors, 5th and 6th) as there's no elevator in floor 5.

The location is just perfect. Granvia metro station is literally just outside the hotel entrance.

The attitude of staff: seems, they are a bit angry (besides one guy - he is very kind). And they are not punctual. During staying, all hotels charge the money during 1st day. They did not charge me during my stay and DID not tell me about it. I have informed them, that I am leaving early morning. When I left, one guy (who DID not understand english) asked me to pay by cash. I said him, that I have already paid by credit card (before coming I gave them all information about my credit card). I had no idea, that they did not charge me and they DID not inform me about it. The Hostel administration, without speaking with me, sent complain to booking.com, and at the same time charged me! It was very impolite, when they were not punctual (they could charge me during my 5 days staying there) and complain and at the same time charge the money (again I repeat, they DID not inform me that they did not charge). I am very disappointed.

Location is perfect. Close to metro station. Surrounded by restaurants, bars, shopping centres. The furniture is a bit old, but for short staying it is ok, especially, if you do not spend long time in hotel.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

The room was a little small, but for the price it was a great deal.

The location was perfect to see the sites. The staff were always available 24/7, knowledgeable and willing to help.

The picture of a single room (10 square meters) definitely does not match reality. My room was located on the 6th floor next to a very noisy air conditioner.

Friendly service. Great location, very small room - but cheap, so it is hard to expect luxury :)

• Superior Double Room - 1 bed

They don't have a breakfast but is easy to find places around.

The location is superb just 2 steps from Metro Gran Via and some few meters from Plazza de las Cibeles wich we can have the schuttle for the aeroport. Very downton easy to go anywhere , clean and the staff very friendly .

I was put into a room that faced to neighbour under restoration which started so early at 8 Am every morning it was opposited of what I have requested since beginning.Therefore,I filed a complaint to the owner of property and he took an action 2 days after and put me into a new room on the opposite side which was quiet.I have learned from the owner of hostal about the noise problem,and he replied to me that he had informed about this problem long time before to Booking.com management since the restoration has been started,unfortunately booking.com ignored to share this information to their clientes.So I had to suffered alot infact I have expected that this week will be my real vacation relax&take it easy ,unfortunately The result turned out opposite.Wasting my time,my money and became such as a nightmare Experience,If I had known this problem before I made a booking,I'd have selected other property right away.It absolutely seemed to me really unfair.

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

Paper thin walls. Quite basic room, (although would not expect more for the price). No coffee/tea making in the room.

Excellent central location. Pretty cheap.

Even though rooms are not equipped with hair-dryers or irons, they are available on demand at the reception.

Central location, easy to reach and a good place to start exploring the city.

• Superior Double Room - 1 bed

Really this isn't the place if you need more peaceful surroundings - the light and noise pulses all night and most of the day. The wifi, although included, was the worst even for simple emails which meant work was difficult at times. Oddly I have never seen such poor and limited toiletries. One unwrapped soap for my duration and small foil pack of body wash. That was it - no tissues, shampoo etc..

The location is great if you are okay with a lot of noise and the noise goes all night. Perched above an all night MacDonalds and an area for a hired companion the action really never settles down. Easy steps to Puerta del Sol and routes to museos/shopping. I loved my light filled room - two french doors allowed light from two sides - something that after a month of travel I really didn't get in any of my other accomodation. Someone always on the desk - you can't take the key to come and go.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

You have to request for aircon controller and tv controller at the desk which makes no sense and aircon controller doesnt work so we slpt without aircon. It was still cold bt by opening the balcony door, it was very noisy as the streets are busy till very late. The toilet lock was non existent. U have to leave the keys at the desk when u go out but i notice that they dont check who u are and just give upon request (diff receptionist). They were vey rude to open the doors (using their master keys) of our room when we were still inside and sleeping.

It is at a wonderful location, right above a Mcdonalds and the Gran Vía metro station.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Superior Double Room - Twin Beds

The Wifi was poor in the room. For better reception i had to go out of the room. One evening was no hot water (no pressure). But in general very satisfied.

Location was superb. Metro station infront of entrance. In Lobby McDonalds open 24/7 and plenty of restaurants and shops right there

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

Would be good to have a kettle and a hairdryer available.

Location couldn't be better, in the very centre and in the middle of everything. The noise from the street goes with it - but if you prefer a quiet room / no view ask for an interior room. In our case, the staff were most kind and managed to get us transferred to an interior room once we found the noise tiring. Location is absolutely perfect - you can walk to all major attractions plus there are endless eating options literally next door. There are no kettles in the room, but coffee/tea can be bought from the reception (1E). The rooms are small and basic, but comfortable and super clean. Would certainly want to stay there again - hope to get a better rate though (we paid 90E for a double room, stayed for 3 nights during a long weekend).

In the room I was in, a lot of things were not working: the TV, the phone, the ceiling lamp (they took care of the ceiling lamp after I told them, but not of the other things). On two days, the cleaning ladies forgot to leave any soap or shower gel. It looks as if you had to ask the receptionist if you wanted any... On one evening, there was no hot water in the whole hotel, due to a breaking down of the system. It was repaired the next morning at ten.... Needless to say, there was no excuse or compensation offered. There is no breakfast on offer, even though it would be good for some tourists. The check-in office is on the 6th floor, but if they give you a room on the 5th floor, you need to take your heavy luggage with you down the stairs, because, for some reason, you cannot use the lift between the two floors. I had to ask the receptionist to unlock the door to the lift in this respect (and she did), but it feels a little bit uncomfortable to be forced to do that. The hotel is also very noisy, from early in the morning till very late at night, there is a lot of slamming of the doors which make an infernal noise, and you can hear people talking and sneezing and snoring in the other rooms. There was no fridge in the room. This is a hotel for those who want to be in the centre of the town, but who do not care about the quality of the accommodation.

The location is the best thing about this hotel. The other is the nice lady from the reception desk.

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

Nothing the hostel was perfect more like a hotel than a hostel.

Very central location. Really nice cafe beside it for crossiants and coffee. Right in the heart of the main shopping district. Less than 10 mins to the main bars in puerta de sol.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

Room was facing street which can be noisy at night but with balcony door closed and quiet AC on problem solved.

Location is excellent! Cleanliness is good and friendly staff. Safe place. Lots of good price eating places around and also if you want to buy some snacks, water, etc.

A fridge in the room would be nice, but this is not really an issue. Wifi could be better.

Excellent location, wonderful staff. Very clean. Nice view. Very safe. Great value for money. Despite the fact that my room was facing Gran Via, the insulation was good and when I closed the windows I was not bothered by the street noise. The walls were thick, so I could not hear noises from the neighbouring rooms. Would go back again. Thank you, Hostal Jerez! Thank you, Mihaela and Ramona!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

Staff were so so but it wasn't a big deal.

Stayed 4 nights in a double room. The room is basic but it was worth the price and was overlooking an internal central light shaft so very quiet at night, considering the amount of partying done in Madrid over a weekend I would guess the rooms overlooking the street would get very noisy over the weekend.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

Very small but functional room. It is fine for a weekend, I would struggled for longer.

Good location, could walk every where. Gran Via metro station just outside of the Hostal.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

You have to leave the room key when you go out and hotel don't take responsibility for theft. Feels kind of unsafe. We didn't have the air conditioning command to turn it on and you can't open the room window for safety, hence it was a bit stuffy. It is equipped with an oil heater, so room temperature isn't really a problem.

Location is excellent. Have bus, metro, taxi and Mcdonald's at door and also a lot of restaurants.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

The toilet is very small and the showerhead was faulty. You can hear noise when people go in and out of their bedrooms and it's quite noisy in the morning, when rooms are being cleaned.

The location was excellent. In Madrid's city centre and with Gran Via metro station just opposite the hotel. Bed was very big and comfortable. Extremely clean.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Make sure that if you don not like the road noise you ask for a room with views to an inside patio.

Staff was very attentive and helpful. Location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

The place was clean and very good for the level that offer but of course it is not 5 stars hotel. Still I recomend it and will stay again there.

It is perfect location for exploraring both the famous places as Prado, Puerta del Sol, etc. plus 2 near by neighberhoods which you will give you the feeling of to be local.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The staff is excelent, must of them speak english, some are multilingual . They are very helpfull with your questions, do not try to sell you touror anything but will help you with your questions about destinations if you ask. very very good. No extra ammenities which was excelent for me. I do not want to pay for extra ammenities that I will not use.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Superior Double Room - Twin Beds

noise from the street- it was ok for 2 nights but I wouldn't be able to stay there longer even I don't have any problems with sleep usually, noisy all night nearly even hotel is on 6th floor :( toilet wasn't clean properly when we arrived

great location in the centre of city value for money

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

The front of the building was being repaired and had scaffolding covering it meaning that we couldn't open the window. We had to ask for the controls to the air conditioning, which the staff member on reception tried to dissuade us from using. Remotes for the tv were also held behind reception and were provided once requested, instead of offered at check in.

Good city centre location, clean rooms and 24 hr reception. We arrived a little early but one of our rooms was ready and so we could drop our bags off and freshen up.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

exterior of the building was under restoration, so the excellent view of the city was blocked when we were there. but it was no big deal.

location was excellent. near metro. near renfe station. near shopping area. near hole in the wall excellent restaurants. clean room. clean toilet.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The fact that they didn"t informe us that the front of the building was under renovation sonthe workers where there very early in the morning making terrible noise,wich u don"t want when u are in a holiday

The location was right in the heart of Madrid,very easy to acces all the important places to visit.The staff was really nice and polite,they"ve clean the room daily and offered us advice on what to visit and the best places where to eat.I would choose it again for sure.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

No services at all! No tea pot in a roomor any other equipement like hairdryer or small chiller or even glasses. Once I asked an iron and guy from reception told me that they don't have it and he advice to use a laundry (just to iron one shirt). Then same day in the evening I asked lady from reception an iron and she found something. So she was more collaborative, but the iron was "for kids" - it simply was smaller than my hand! I spend 30min to iron my shirt... :)

Good location! In the city centre. You may easly approach any place in historical Madrid from that hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

The shower wasn't very comfortable as the pillows

Staff very kind. Perfect position. Not very luxury and a little bit old forniture, but a very good price for the position.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Black out curtains would be good - despite facing the inner courtyard it was very light. There are renovations underway at the moment so I doubt any of the rooms had a view - not even reception!

The location is right next to Gran Via Metro so you don't have to walk far. There is always a security guard at the entrance (the building houses several Hostals). There are two lifts. Basic but clean.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

1) Very bad internet 2) The whole building is currently under renovation and reconstruction, and therefore no view from the window - only scaffolding seen 3) Blue metro line (Gran via estacion) is also currently not working

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Directly at metro station Gran Via, 24/7 staff at reception desk, very friendly and helpful, many restaurants nearby, perfect for short stay; other hotels in same building.

• Superior Double Room - 1 bed

Unfortunately time to use the elevator

Lovely views and right in the heart of Madrid. Really good room

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

Location is pretty good. Close to Sol. Plenty of restaurants on walking distance.

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

The value and location were very good, excellent in fact. The service from Spanish staff,not others, was cold sharp and dismissive.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

Central location with many restraunts close by. Very lively, entertaining square a short stroll away.

• Gran Via Corner

Wifi horrible , the wall is thin u can hear every sound of neighbour equipments missing

Streetview it is nice and good place in the city

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

Room was too hot by the heater we couldn't adjust

Close to the Metro Gran Via, 24 hour desk, and security at the front door

Perfect room and area for my visit very central for the city

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

Noise from the street and neighbours..Also smell of old water in the bathroom

Excellent location,friendly people

Poor wifi

Perfect location, Gran Via Metro 100m, modern and clean building, nice staff. Wifi is poor.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

The bed to small and not comfortable

So near from metro station

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

The staff was quite unfriendly. Missing a lot of basics in the room and bathroom.

The location is fantastic.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

Perfect location! Close to everything.

• Standar Double Room with Two Twin Beds

Internet isn’t great. Loses connection frequently.

Location is excellent.

Equipements

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

dirty, terrible wifi, terrible TV, un-polite staff, far too expensive

good location, but not worth it

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

Location is just perfect, in the heart of the city centre and very accesible to metro, very near Gran Via & also in Sol Metro.

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

Room was basic but very clean Location was excellent in the centre of Madrid and a 20 second walk to the metro

The heating in the room was insufficient and was very cold in the evening.

Room was small, but for pne person perfect.

Very modern and nice; centrally located. Good value.

Nothing!!!

The location is what did it for me.....access to every part of central Madrid

Central

The staff

Location, in a beautiful building architecturally, nice room, shower, small terrace

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

I always stay in this Hostal. Very clean. Nice location in the middle of everything and people very nice Will recommend 100%

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

The hotel is located in the Gran Via, close with several nice places and nice restaurantes.

• Standard Double Room - 1 Bed

It is very noisy. Running water from the other rooms sounds like a waterfall...

Perfect location

Goid room for price. Good shower room. Great locstion.

matrass, personal

location, well cleaned and preserved rooms

Browse Hostal Jerez traveller photo gallery