Reviews of Hostal Mar y Huerta 2 stars

Avenida Es Canar, 118, 07840 Es Cana, Spain

#9 of 25 hotels in Es Cana

6.2

Decent hostal in a good location
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning wasn't working in my room, and no reception/management staff was available to let me switch rooms, which made my one night stay somewhat miserable, especially since I spent a lot of time trying to resolve the issue. I have since then received a sincere apology and a full refund however. Massive respect to the hotel for that, as well as to the waiter who tried his best to help and at least sorted me out with an extra fan!

The location is amazing, very close to the beach and numerous restaurants. Rooms are small, but clean and functional, breakfast is lovely, and the pool is also pretty nice. Es Canar itself is overrun by English OAPs behaving like they own the place, but there are some nice places nearby if you explore a bit: Cala Nova beach, La Finca, the bars in/by the two camping grounds, as well as the pool at Jacaranda Lounge, in case you don't want to trek to the other beach.

Lovely stay, perfect location and beautiful room however more suited to more elderly individuals.
    • Double or Twin Room - Top Floor

The staff weren't very friendly, felt like it was an inconvenience when even walking through hotel. I also requested a double bed and received single beds and the staff were unhelpful upon mentioning this.

The location is perfect- less than a minutes walk to the beach. The room looked beautifully decorated.

The only down side to hotel, was the amount of guest who put...
    • Double or Twin Room - Top Floor

The only down side to hotel, was the amount of guest who put towels on the sun-beds around the pool by 8 in the morning & didn’t arrive to pool area till after 11.00. Maybe the management could mange these selfish guest a little better.

Great stay!
    • Double or Twin Room - Top Floor

We missed fresh fruits at breakfast. Drinks (cappuccino, orange / pineapple jus etc. ) contain lots of added sugar.

Great stay! - rooms were cleaned daily - very friendly personell - private parking - very close by the beach + ferry to Cala Llonga, Ibiza town and Fomentera - supermarket just across the hotel

Superb!
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Couldn't fault a thing during our stay at the Mar Y Huerta! From the helpfulness when I booked to when we left! Accommodation spotless, location excellent, staff friendly and helpful, food great, and superb value for money! Can't wait to make our next booking here! Thank you all so much for your contributions to such a special and memorable holiday! From Julia and Emma

Excellent location only a few steps away from the beach.

Even though I booked a single room, it was very small and the shower was tiny! I’m of average size and it was a tight squeeze and I struggled to shower with very little space. I didn’t notice anywhere in the description that single rooms doesn’t have a balcony so was a little disappointed. Also breakfast choices was poor! They had run out of bacon which is a popular breakfast item, didn’t have beans on offer everyday and at one point I had to wait more than is acceptable for staff to refill.

Excellent location only a few steps away from the beach. Shops close by.

Its always nice to go back to the Mar Y Huerta.
    • Double Room - Sea Side

safety issue. No small hand rail to the shower cubical. No light fitting on the dressing table., all women like a light to do their makeup.

I have been to this Hostal on many occasions since 1984. and every time I have been back the improvements get better. My room was beautiful, and all the décor around was lovely, even including the down stairs loo's. it has a very warm friendly atmosphere, whether you are on your own or with others. I love it, and hope I can continue visiting over the coming years. First it was with my friend Blosmin then my husband Tony, and now my first visit on my own.

We will definitely be returning the position is fantastic for the beach .
    • Double or Twin Room

As far as we are concerned we were happy with everything overall.we will definitely

Everything the staff are great.its a lovely friendly place it’s spotlessly clean and you are made to feel welcome.

Relaxing & enjoyable holiday.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Pool was dirty & previously it has always been very clean so a little disappointed but no other faults.

Excellent location, good choice for breakfast, staff helpful & friendly.

Clean, perfect location, friendly staff (Sara!!!), simple facilities, no AC!
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was extremely simple. Okay, we knew we've booked a hostel, so we haven't expected a lot. So we were surprised about the amenities in the building. But the room had only a fan, no air conditioning, which I assume would've been very difficult if we would've stayed there in summer (we came end of September). Also we've bought some food for the next morning, but we've missed a fridge. Maybe that was too much asked for, in a hostel, but it would've been nice to have one. Also there was no soap and shower gel, luckily we've brought that. The room had only a window, so no chance to get some draft. For us that was okay, but if we would've stayed any longer and in July/August, I wouldn't have known how to survive a night there ;) I've seen a nice hotel with 3*** close by which had the same charge for a dbl room with AC and a balcony. That showed us you can even get more for 65Eur a night.

Clean, perfect location, friendly staff (Sara!!!) We've liked the location directly in Es Canar, 1min from the beach away! Around you shops, a pharmacy, cafés, bars and restaurants! Sara from reception was wonderful and helpful! 5***** just for her! The room was clean, the bed comfortable. The price included even a breakfast which was pretty good. Lots of variety from eggs and bacon, through jam and doughnuts to coffee and juices. The hostel has a good bar with cheap prices, you can sit around the pool and find good offers. Amazing!

Would definately stay here again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing at all that we could complain about.

We have stayed at the Mar Y Huerta in the past. Ideally placed in the resort. Just cross the road and your on the beach. The rooms are pleasant and clean. The staff are helpful and friendly. You can hire a kettle from reception to make tea and coffee in the room, and they give you cups & saucers to use. The breakfast was good. Only booked breakfast only so cannot comment on evening meals. the bar is cosy and a lovely place to finish the evening. Definately would stay here again.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Clean and tidy - all the staff are happy to help Special thanks always to Tony, Sonia and Sara - nothing is too much trouble Rooms now have a TV with a 10 euro deposit for the remote but an added bonus This is our 5th visit to the Hostel Mar Y Huerta and will definitely not be out last.

Very good, staff helpful I.e printed out boarding passes, served us chops when the cafe had closed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

On arrival I had a room with no balcony (there are only 3 in the hotel I think and on previous visits never realised there were rooms with balconies) I complained and said this was not superior room - the receptionist and manager did all they could and we moved to a balcony with sea view room next day.

The breakfast looks ok but the cooked looks unappetising- bacon is not English back, no sausage on a bacon day either, no mushrooms and no hash browns. The fruit juice to sickly and sweet. I don't like milk or fruit so all I had was water and a pastry.

Very enjoyable stay in a lovely resort.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a little repetative but always fresh and nicely presented.

Great location near to beach. Comfortable room with quiet air conditioning. Staff pleasant and helpful. Easy access to surrounding resorts by bus.

Clean, comfortable, welcoming, friendly, will be returning

The single bedrooms to my knowledge have no air conditioning, however my room had a large over bed fan and it kept the room fairly cool, would have liked air conditioning

The room was very clean and the staff fantastic. The young guy at the bar always remembered what drinks we wanted and was very friendly. Made very welcome and no complaints, fantastic value for money, will definitely return. Great to see Susan doing the evening quiz etc

More than I expected would defo recommend!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool seemed to have so much chlorine and the water (understandable with lots of kids staying) but was surprised by the chlorine in the shower water by the pool also, as couldn't rinse chlorine off after being in the pool. Also Little stingy on toilet roll, could put two in rather than one so guests are not rationing?

The rooms are done out really clean and modern, so much more than I was expecting. Location is great, got everything right on your doorstep! Lovely peaceful balcony which caught the sun. Bed was so so comfy. Staff were really sweet, ecspecially Diego who greeted us.

Very clean and bright property, located right in the centre...
    • Double or Twin Room

The buffet breakfast and dinner was quite poor quality. It could be greatly improved by reducing quantity and focusing more on quality, and offer local cusine options, rather than just British food.

Very clean and bright property, located right in the centre of Es Cana. Decent pool and good sized room.

best bits location, clean ,and pleasant staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

thought we had a veranda but didn't and they couldn't swap us to get one and very bad smell in the room from the drains sometimes that strong could have been sick food nice but needed more variety

best bits location, clean ,and pleasant staff

Average hotel with confusing booking procedure.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very limited and not a lot available to choose from. The day prior to arrival received a phonecall to say hotel was overbook and we were been transferred to a different hotel, half an hour later received another call to say they found us room in this hotel and we're not been transferred. Superior room had no balcony which was very disappointing for us.

Hotel was clean and central with lots of parking.

Fantastic accommodation much better than larger hotels
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

More waiting/bar staff in the evening as staff are rushed off their feet.

Excellent staff who were lovely and very friendly all working very hard working particularly Sara on reception and the room cleaners.

The location of my room on the front of the hotel as the...

The location of my room on the front of the hotel as the noise from traffic, people walking by from near by clubs and restaurant well into the early hours every night and also near by a taxi rank and bus terminal so the noise was constant from the start to the finish of my stay and had so much sleep deprivation it was horrible as yet again the single travellers get a bum deal when it comes to accommodation as this is not the first time this has happened on my various stays in different locations so will be checking the rooms out next time to make sure that this does not happen again as very disappointed

Comfy beds, cleanliness of rooms and public areas, position...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Noisy at times - people walking around in heels in other rooms in the middle of the night More selection for breakfast (stayed bed and breakfast) e.g. pancakes, cakes, variety of fruit

Comfy beds, cleanliness of rooms and public areas, position of the property - close to all amenities and the beach Been twice before to the resort so familiar and could get straight into my holiday

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Little Gem of a place
    • Double or Twin Room

Smell from drains but that was the case around the resort as there had been no rain for months

Great value, great staff, food was varied and fresh. fantastic location across the road from beach

Didn't get a double bed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Didn't get a double bed as requested, staff didn't even bother to try to get us one throughout our stay

Antonio from the staff was REALLY lovely. Location is brilliant, 1 minute from the beach.

Hotel not hostal

Food a bit samey

Great place to stay with lots of access to all facilities and a stones throw from the beach and local links to the rest of the island this place is a secret escape that you should not be told about so shhhhhh

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Wonderfull stay in a nice clean friendly family hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The music in the poolarea / outside terrace can be a bit less hard - sort of mindblowing hard in the evening. Please no loud music after let's say 10pm. the noise travels upward to the room and is not 'convenient'.

Very helpfull and friendly staff, the rooms were exceptionnely clean, wonderfull location, great pool and pool area, private parking

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Clue is in the name. HOSTEL Mar Y Heurta.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were too basic. Food was very poor. Only had breakfast once out of possible 3 times due to them not keeping it topped up so not enough for people.

The facilities out of room were lovely. Swimming pool and bar area nice

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

No hair dryer (available to rent only). No soap, shampoo etc.

Great value for money and location (beach just around the corner). Friendly staff. Lots of parking space.

Decent stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Thin walls as during our stay we could hear everything they were saying and we're always talking until 1-2am then again from 6am. I complained to them but they just laughed and slammed the door in my face. Beans at breakfast were a little hard.

Good location, friendly staff, decent breakfast apart from the beans, easy access to buses and taxis.

Good stay for cheap travellers
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could be more healthty. Very good fruit salad though ! Thin walls, you can hear your neighbours Rooms don't get cleaned every day

For only 10€ you can have a very good 3-course diner ! Hotel is next to bus stop/taxi stand Nice pool

Intermediate
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything is old and very basic. E.g. no soap to wash your hands.

Don't expect too much for the price you pay. We chose a double room on booking.com and were given two seperate beds. We asked to change but nothing was possible. The location is nice, very close to the beach and some restaurants.

A fantastic hotel for a weekend break
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast wasn't too nice but I couldn't complain for the price

A very clean, extremely well situated hotel. Friendly staff and a very relaxed atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Perfect location
    • Double or Twin Room

Twin room - just one chair :( No WiFi in a room, only in 1st floor (around bar). Rooms in front of bus station - very noisy (buses engine ON all the time).

Perfect location

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Disappointed overall, unfortunately
    • Double or Twin Room

Whenever I'm booking I always look for double bed and free wifi, so when this hotel appeared I thought whatever I picked is going to be included. We had to pay for wifi 20 euro/week and we got twin beds with an advice to put them together ,cause the rest double beds in this hostel is taken already.. wifi signal was pretty weak anyway.. The receptionists was professional but didn't even smile for a minute (I felt like I'm bothering her or something). They serve a fair choice of food but not vegan friendly, don't get me wrong, I did ask and it was told that they will make more veggies etc but they didn't. Every night was the same, potatoes, carrot, pepper etc , they do pretty good veggie soup - but that's about it, breakfast was not even worth going for. Was also told that there's direct bus no.24 but when we arrived at the airport we were told this bus is not in service anymore cause of the end of season. You have to take a bus no.10 to Ibiza and then no.18 to Es Canar, just ask at the airport - they have really good info there.

The location is really good, close to the shops , restaurants and the beach. The bus stop is right beside the hostel.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Excellent location value for money great staff and spotless

The only thing I would say is the matress was very very hard to a point my back was hurting so needs to do something about this

Excellent location spotless rooms staff very friendly and helpfull

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Fantastic location, we had a sea view and pool view, very...
    • Double or Twin Room

Fantastic location, we had a sea view and pool view, very clean rooms, fantastic staff and breakfast, beautiful pool and only 2mins from the beach

Great place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Coffee making facilities in the room maybe. Other than that nothing it was great.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Spotlessly clean. Excellent all around experience. Would look to book here again in the future.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Perfection
    • Double or Twin Room

Fab location, lovely rooms, food above average, I've stayed in worse 4 star hotels, couldn't find any fault at all, already booked for next year, can't wait to go back

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Great hotel superb location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Poor wifi but that was a very minor issue.

The location was fantastic rooms were very nice we were in a superior twin it was so comfortable the air con was excellent would definitely stay at this hotel again and again superb

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Not that good
    • Twin Room with Air-Conditioning

The fact our room was next to the lift which you could hear was not nice if you want an afternoon nap and at night we heard it after we had been in at 2.00 am

It was ok because it is near the beach

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

This is more than a hostel, the bathrooms are spacious.
    • Double Room - Sea Side

Rooms could do with a bit of up dating a hairdryer would have helped

This is more than a hostel, the bathrooms are spacious. Had lunch there more than once very good value for money. Free wifi if you sit in bar or poolside. The beach is less than a minute away from the front door and the bus stops across the road. Plenty of bars nearby.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Linford holiday
    • Twin Room with Air-Conditioning

Nothing everything about it was perfect

Surprised our family on 2nd week of their holiday which the hotel staff helped kept secret from them. Location perfect. Staff very friendly& helpful especially- Antonio & Craig. Glad had room with air con as weather hot.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Location is really good in Es Canar.

The room is hot even at night during summer so might be worthwhile to rent a fan. The reception told me that I need to buy a drink to get the wifi password in the common areas while it is mentioned that the wifi in common area is for free. Luckily the bar staff gave it to me for free without buying the drink when I showed him my room key.

Location is really good in Es Canar.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

sea view, great air condition, breakfast ok,
    • Double or Twin Room

wifi for rooms is not free! you can use it for free in the bar but the speed is really weak location is far away from ibiza town

sea view, great air condition, breakfast ok,

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Excellent, friendly, clean & more!

Remember it is a hostel and not a hotel and you'll struggle to find anything to dislike. It's not posh or fancy but for us this is a good thing!

My husband and I stayed with our teenage son - we should have booked a family room as the triple room would be better suited to a couple with small child. ALL staff excellent- bar, reception, cleaners, kitchen and owner so helpful&friendly and work very hard to ensure the visitors are happy. Food - excellent buffet style. Great fresh selection of salad and veg cooked food include meat, fish etc. This may be a budget option but only difference we saw from local low star hotel was entertainment as it was limited but there are plenty of other places to go in an evening. They have a list of activities they'll arrange for you to join in on as you would with a rep by paying for trip and transport instead of sorting yourself. We found all staff couldn't do enough for you there aren't many of them but they work so well together. I spoke to many people who had been returning there for years which shows it must have something! Thank you Mar y Huerta we hope to visit you again! 😎

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Stayed B&B only.

Stayed B&B only. Food was ok, enough choice for us. The hostal is literally 20 metres from the beach, restaurants and bars and is spotlessly clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Very basic but ok
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no soap in the bathroom!! (Make sure you take your own). On one occasion the cleaners left my room unlocked! Cost to hire fridges is €40 per week which is very steep!

Bar staff were fantastic and worked so hard to keep everyone happy. Great pool with plenty of sunbeds. Good buffet breakfast. Good location, close to the bus stop and near by great places to eat (especially the restaurant Marvent next door!).

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Comfortable stay in Ibiza
    • Twin Room with Air-Conditioning

1. Paid Wifi (10 euros for 3 days (1 device) and 5 euros for 1 day). You do get free wifi at the bar downstairs only if u order from the bar 2. No soap stand near the shower, so had to keep it on the floor This were just minor inconveniences compared to an otherwise excellent stay. Will definitely recommend this hotel.

1. Excellent Location : a) Right infront of the Bus station, Tourist information office, souvenir shops, good restaurants and phamacy shop right next to it b) 1 hour from the Airport by Airport bus (L 24) which is available from 8 AM to 12 AM which costs you 4 euros/person one-way c) You can also request for shuttle service at the hotel reception prior to your arrival which costs you 12.5 euros/person d) 1 min walk to the Es Canar beach and the port which has many ferries taking you to Formentara and other places e) Mini train also departs from this place just a min walk away 2. Room was very nice and was cleaned regularly. Apart from the occasional banging of the door by the neighbours, there was no other disturbance as our room was facing the swimming pool 3. The receptionist was very helpful and provided us the required info 4. Basic english breakfast but it was very nice. We liked it

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

A friendly place to stay with lovely accomodation, spotless, clean.

Bacon tasted a bit strange but not unpalatable. Didn't like the bingo sessions.

Lovely place to stay, very welcoming.The breakfast was very good and a good selection of options. Pool area beautiful.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Very nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit far from the airport and the port.

Nice hotel and lovely view. Internet worked on the balcony so we didn't have to go downstairs to connect to wifi. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Clean, comfy and simple hotel, away from the crowds in...
    • Double or Twin Room - Top Floor

Clean, comfy and simple hotel, away from the crowds in quaint beach/harbour location.

Great place to stay and close to beach
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Air con not working and was reported on first day

Nice clean place

Excellent value, lovely hotel.

All good.

Excellent location. Very clean,modern in all areas, staff very helpful. Breakfast ample and fresh. Bedrooms comfortable with a balcony .

Fantastic hotel, would return anytime
    • Double or Twin Room

The pillows were very flat, no very comfortable

Excellent value, perfect location

2 days in the sun
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Perfect location, great value hostal, more like a hotel to be honest. Comfortable and clean

Beautiful location great staff and very clean

Food wasn’t brilliant

Location staff friendly very clean property

Staff friendly ness was brilliant very helpful

No issue

Staff friendly ness was brilliant very helpful Lovely clean property & very friendly staff

Excellent location great staff good breakfast friendly hotel

Excellent location great staff good breakfast friendly hotel

Tony,Sonia etc excellent everyone hard working to make our stay a pleasure.

Food choices,quality.

Clean,location,staff.

A perfect short break

Can't think if a thing!

Everything! Great location very friendly staff lovely room

Easy parking.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfasts a little average.

Easy parking. Comfortable room with good air conditioning and en suite shower.

Pleasant but very average

Understaffed

Clean

Comfortable hostel in central location

No view from balcony

Comfortable room

Lovely little hotel, would definitely recommend
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

All rooms didn't have air conditioning

Good location and very helpful staff

Lovely staff, clean rooms, great pool area, location...

Food

Lovely staff, clean rooms, great pool area, location excellent.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

excellent value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Adequate choice of breakfast could just do with being warmer

Nothing to dislike

Not very bad
    • Double or Twin Room

House keeping is poor, it's very noisy in the ground floor even the staff,they don't change the towels everyday .

Good choice

Depending on room allocated outside noise would possibly be an issue

Excellent location, clean and tidy, staff extremely efficient and polite

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Very good food (dinner) and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Great location for beach shops bars all on your doorstep.

Corridors a little noisy doors opening and closing.

Good English breakfast .

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Very nice Hotel, staff friendly and very close to beach and bars/restaurants.

Very comfortable, staff could not do enough to help you, close to beach.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Nice Place

Great location in center of beach area of town

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Room flooded, unhelpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room flooded because of storm, unhelpful staff.

Cheapest I could find.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The location was excellent.

The location was excellent. Very close to shops restaurants. Sea front. Lady at reception very welcoming

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Very good for a two star😊👍
    • Double or Twin Room

Spotless,and had double bed! Staff were great, special mention for big Toni and the lovely Sonia ... See you in April

Browse Hostal Mar y Huerta traveller photo gallery