Reviews of Hostal Rosalia 1 stars

Santa Rosalia 5, 07820 San Antonio, Spain

An ideal budget option with everything you could need for a short stay, besides the bed bugs.
    • Double or Twin Room

We got bitten up quite badly, and it really seemed to be the beds having bugs, which was a shame as the rest of the stay was so good. The pool was very small.

The room was really clean and spacious, and it came with a nice balcony. The location was amazing, only a few minutes walk from the bus station, which is really good for catching the bus to and from the airport, or to other parts of the island.

staff need manners!!!

the staff were very rude need a course on there customer service!!! attitude was ridiculous!! the pool was boring no music and when music was in told to put it down because people were sleeping in ibiza st 3pm!!+

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Just really good value.
    • Double or Twin Room

Just really good value. Nice to stay somewhere quiet which is away from all trhe main action. So we actually got a lie in and peace and quiet by the pool

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Great wifi, nice staff, good location.

I really missed a small fridge in the room to keep the water cool, as well as a hairdryer. And the worst was the noise level - extremely loud and noisy people after midnight - not the best place to stay if you are not partying all night. No aircondition included.

Great wifi, nice staff, good location. Comfortable bed and pillows. Small, but nice swimmingpool.

Good location, air con and WiFi worked well
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were extremely unnecessarily rude, first at check in then every other time we spoke to them afterwards. Felt uncomfortable anytime we had to walk through the lobby.

Good location, air con and WiFi worked well

its cheap and cheerful, away from noise, perfect balconys,...
    • Double or Twin Room

its cheap and cheerful, away from noise, perfect balconys, tiny pool but perfect for alittle chill out bit. they didnt have much beer, booze or food on offer considering you have to buy theres to sit out by the pool with food and drink but it was cheap enough what they did have.

Cheap and cheerful. Some things need to improve.

Small and dirty swimming pool. Staff were rude when we tried to take a friend back to the room, threatening to kick us out. However they did not explain at check in this is not allowed. Beds were very uncomfy. I woke up with a bad back most mornings. Not all rooms have balconies as we found out. Wifi did not work in our room on third floor.

Perfect location. Very good air conditioning. Maids clean room to a high standard every day if you want them to. Get what you pay for.

Choose somewhere else

Staff were weirdly rude. Unusually rude. Also there was a strong smell of gasoline in the room every day. Very weird and surely can't be healthy!

Does what it says on the tin...nearly

Nice location, cute pool, ticked every box.

Didn't had a balcony or a nice view. Was just a wall and if you really turned you head you could just about see the pool

Done the job, great location, not too far from the west end an had a nice little pool. i have stayed in San Antonio over 100 times and whilst this isn't the best its far from the worse. I would definitely return. let us leave our cases as we arrived before the room was ready and also let us leave them again the day we had to check out

Meh.
    • Double or Twin Room

The non smoking room was reeking of smoke. The floors never got swept prior to our arrival. The neighbors were loud all night and staff didn't intervene.

Far enough from the noisy area

The pool area is perfect for that relaxation time.
    • Double or Twin Room

No fridge or cooler. We had to buy small bottles of water at a time as no where to keep them cool In our room.

The pool area is perfect for that relaxation time. Nice quiet and clean. Plenty of sun in the area! And can get a small beer for 1 euro 50! What's not to like?

Marko, he is a staff, he is really nice, he should get a...
    • Double or Twin Room

The other staff at the day, she was a little weird and took too long to check us in. Don't know her name.

Marko, he is a staff, he is really nice, he should get a raise.

Good value.

They cleaned our room after 1st night and then cleaned it again after 3 nights. I’d recommend to clean it every day or after 2 first nights. We booked 2 triple rooms together and got them on different floors.

Quiet place. Helpfull staff. Wasn’t busy so we had swimming pool just for ourselves. We had to use google map to get to the Rosalia as all streets looked the same. We expected to be worse, but it surprised us. They have their own wee bar so we were able to get coffee in the mornings too.

Cheap and cheerful. 5 min walk from
    • Double or Twin Room

You weren't allowed to have your own food at the pool even though the hotel didn't offer any !?

Excellent value for Monday and has everyThing you need. Basic but who goes to ibiza to stay in their hotel! Staff were helpful and friendly

The hotel is a cheap option for accommodation in case you...
    • Double or Twin Room

I will call it a minor "-" : There is no iron or hair dryer. We bought one from a shop close to the hotel.

The hotel is a cheap option for accommodation in case you just need a place to sleep and have a shower. The price was good, but the services accordingly. Don't expect any luxury, but the room are clean and the towels are changed daily. "+" - The hotel personal is fluent English speaker. They printed our boarding passes, rent a car for a good price and sold us tickets for a boat trip. Also, the hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and also close to San Antonio bus terminal (around 7 minutes walking).

almost no sleep. lots of activities. simple and clean facility.

The fact that there was not much socialising and that people were kind of cliquey , however I noticed (at the time frame of my stay) there was a surprisingly high coefficient stay of people from other places other than Britain. Which is ok but , I must mention that given that it is san antonio and it is almost 60-80 % british.

I like the fact that it was clean and quite surprisingly safe. As it was been stated here previously. Simple place to stay at. I thought and I was expecting it to be more crazy and loud lol, but it was not. I was surprised. It was really quiet. (for san antonio standards)

the location is goon, staff at reception is nuce
    • Double or Twin Room

cleaning ladies were too noisy an dis wake us up every morning, tv wasn't working, there was a smell in the room

the location is goon, staff at reception is nuce

Fantastic
    • Double or Twin Room

Fantastic location - 3 minute walk to the west end, 5 minute walk to cafe mambo, 10-15 min walk/ short taxi ride to ocean beach and es paridis. Lovely little room with aircon and a balcony. Very friendly staff always happy to help with anything. Very very good value for money

Location to some beaches nothing more
    • Double or Twin Room

Room , mattress bad conditions , bed frame bad condition , shower poor quality . Mirror in the bathroom depreciation . No more recomend to someone who's bring partner or family. All drunk people nocking the door and disturbing all days .

Location to some beaches nothing more

Cheap,clean,basic but comfortable. Good for a weekend maybe not so for longer.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very basic nothing in room to store or eat food/drink with, not even a cup/glass other than the small bathroom glasses. It was cheap but similarly priced hotels I've stayed in have these as a given.

It was spotlessly clean, fresh towels everyday. Unobtrusive staff who were always present at the front door which gives you that added sense of security. Nice modestly furnished room and small pool area-sun terrace.

Rude staff. No parking despite being advertised.
    • Double or Twin Room

Falsely advertised that there was free parking on site and there wasnt (the whole reason we picked this hotel). By that they mean the street 'if' your car fits. The staff (one in particular) was just blatantly rude. I had items go missing from the room and of course you cant make accusations so i simply asked once i was home for an email for my insurance saying they hadn't been found in lost property. This took an email and 2 phone calls to get a simple email reply. Honestly its as though they cant be bothered at all. The guy at reception also mans the coffee machine. One morning i stood for 10 minutes (after making eye contact) for him to acknowledge me just so i could get a coffee. I just got ignored. Pool was small but probably ok, our friends had a villa so we used theres. Best hard but rooms are clean.

Location to town was pretty good. Short walk to Mambos and the harbour. Nice coffee served after 9pm in the cafe if the staff can be bothered. Manager seemed a pretty nice guy.

Wouldn't book again but was ok last minute for the price if you're not going to be staying in there
    • Double or Twin Room

Maid wasn't really attentive, hardly cleaned. The shower was rubbish so difficult to get a good wash. The duvets and towels smelled bad.

Location is in a good place. It's near everything.

Nice hotel in a nice area of San Antonio
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking is advertised on the booking.com site as available and reservation not needed, when we got there we found out that there's no allocated parking so I had to leave my car at a nearby car park during the stay. Booking.com needs to update their website to reflect this.

The staff were very helpful and fixed our issues as soon as possible.

very good location, very clean, nice place.
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfriendly neighbors who have been constantly complaining that we have too loud music...come on, we are on Ibiza :P

very good location, very clean, nice place.

cleaners were really friendly and apartment was kept very...
    • Double or Twin Room

hotel reception staff were very blunt and rude

cleaners were really friendly and apartment was kept very clean. balcony was big. nice streets and close to a beach

Ok, overpriced and nothing to call home about.

So first of all we had been quoted a price online and then charged an extra 55 euros on top. Although I already spoken to the hotel who said the price will be what was quoted when I made the initial booking. Then we get to our room the view was poor and we had no balcony, we did go down to ask if we could change rooms but was just told "no we don't do it for 3 to a room" although there was girls we spoke to that had a balcony and 3 to a room. Then there was my bed which was broken so I went down to tell the man on reception about this and he said he would send someone up... never happened! so i asked someone else and again it never happened so this resulted in me getting a bad back from the stay there. Overall the place was ok, but not for the price of over 1000 euros for just a room.

The location was perfect as it was just a 5/10 minuet walk from the centre and the strip. Which is fab if that's all you're there for, all of the super clubs are about a half hour taxi ride away. The man on reception Marco, he was just the best. So friendly and helpful.

Fab holiday!!!

The room was excellent value for money. Basic but spotless- cleaned every day! The pool is small but is perfect and always has available sun loungers. All staff were friendly and helpful!

Value for money all day long
    • Double or Twin Room

Wish they had a nandos inside? J/K brilliant place considering my budget.

The guys who work at the reception are awesome! Good laugh and they also take what residents say with some importance... I was playing my music too loud and they told me straight away sheeeesh. Always respect the neighbours right? Can't go wrong considering the price.

Fabulous hotel in great location

Drinks selection in the bar no vino! But supermarkets on every corner

Comfy bed, immaculately clean ,maids everyday air con included in the price. Great location for beach, night life lots of fab restaurants nearby

Perfect stay for Ibiza clubbers
    • Double or Twin Room

Additional cost for safe in room. No advertising of food so never ate at hostel. Limited bar.

Air con was the best I've ever come across abroad. Perfect location i.e beaches, bars, bus station. Sold tickets for big club nights at reception. Fresh towels and bed sheets everyday.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

A pure 10, if you understand what hostal is. Absolutely great staff.

First of all, you need to understand what 'hostal' is in Spanish. It is a basic accommodation room with toilet , shower and terrace, but this one is pure 10 in its category. Nicky, Marco and the third guy on the reception including cleaning ladies, are absolutely great and they made sure that no answers ever got unanswered, and provided that warm welcoming feeling. I would have no second doubt about staying with them again. Great job guys!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Decent stay, but avoid for wifi.

The wifi. It was actually slower than dial up internet. Most of the time it wouldnt even load an instagram photo.

Walking distance to pretty much everywhere. The pool. Ensuite bathroom was decent. Staff were friendly and even printed stuff for us.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Loved it

The wifi was down my entire stay (2 nights) which was a HUGE bummer. They kept saying that it would be fixed but it wasn't - I just saw the technician arrive as I checked out. :) Tough luck. The water in the tub was not hot enough. They could not provide a hair dryer which is odd. These are small flaws, all in all I loved the place and would recommend it.

Low season being, I paid very little for my room. I just could not believe the value for money - amazing. Spacious room, nice terrace (a small table would have been nice though), modern outlets, lovely pool. The receptionist (maybe Nicolas? I am not sure...) was extremely kind.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Hotel OK but beware of dodgy transactions - they still owe me money

The hotel was a bit noisy but not the staff's fault I guess. The wifi was down for 2 days - no apology from any member of staff. That shows their professionalism. The people working at the reception during the day although they were never rude to me sometimes I had the feeling that they didn't know how to do their job. My booking was an advance purchase and my card was charged before arrival (not a problem till here), however they charged my card in pounds without my permission - this is an ILLEGAL practice if the customer is not present and every informed traveller knows that they should always pay in local currency. The hotel owes me a bit less than 10 pounds as they selected to charge my card in pounds and not in euros : instead of getting the exchange rate from my bank which is more favourable, I got one from their bank in Ibiza which overcharged me around 8-10 pounds. I spoke to the blonde guy at the reception and he just told me ''Speak with Nicky he's the one in charge''. Later on I spoke with Nicky who just asked me to send them an email (he knew what the problem was but he didn't want to confront the problem himself). At check-out I mentioned this once again. I have sent them 2 emails detailing why I was unhappy about this, so far no answer. The attitude of half of the staff put me off otherwise I wouldn't bother complaining about 10 pounds.

For the price I paid the hotel was good. On the positive side the cleaning lady that took care of my room did an excellent job and was very kind as well. The night receptionist was OK as well. The location was quite central.

Perfect hotel *****
    • Double or Twin Room

There was quite a bit of noise at night with people slamming doors, but to be honest it didn't stop us from sleeping or affect our holiday!

The hotel was in a fantastic location! Free wifi, pool, friendly staff, Close walking distance from all bars, restaurants, beaches, supermarket 30second walk and near all local amenities! Even the bus station to get around the island to beaches, town and party destinations! Just perfect!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Close to the centre , easy access .
    • Double or Twin Room

My internet didn't work propally , so I couldn't use my internet on my phone. I was on fourth floor . I hope next time get better wifi .

Close to the centre , easy access .

Ideal

Shower was cold

Bed was of good size and comfortable. Location was ideal, close to main strip of San Antonio and bus service to Playa de Bossa. Pool was small but clean. Everything good for value of money.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The hostel was not good and should be shut. Staff were rude. Bathroom was leaking

We had requested a late checkout which was confirmed before we arrived. On the day we were to checkout our belongings were removed from the room as we were out and the staff denied having confirmed a late checkout even though we had received a confirmation email for a late check out. There was no apology issued and the staff we dealt with was very rude.

The hostel was disappointing.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Okay cheap hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

It hotel was so noisy all night long. Doors slamming, people yelling. People making noise till 7am in the morning. Maybe the hotel staff can monitor this a little better.

It was a good cheap hotel in Ibiza in a fairly good location. About a 5-10min walk to the beach and shops. The room had aircon and balcony.

No balcony, rooms got cleaned once in for a full week

pool

pool

It was everything I expected

The pool

Staff were amazing :)

Staff were amazing :)

Close to the centre
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were rude. Rooms are so small for the price you pay

Close to the centre

san antonio old town

there was nothing for me to dislike

good location ,quiet and in the rihht place

#ibizavibes
    • Double or Twin Room

Size of the pool was tiny

Value for money, everything on your door step

Overall it was a great stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only reduced a few points because of some weird white cottonish stuff coming off from their towel and sticking to our skins, clothes and everything!

For the money paid it simply couldn't have been any...

For the money paid it simply couldn't have been any better. I'd recommend to anyone.

If you just want a hotel to crash in and use some WiFi it’s excellent, I was there on business.

Great WiFi (rare in ibiza), nice spacious room, clean and tidy. All the basics I needed and just £25 for the night.

Good location and cheap

Felt a little unclean

Good location and cheap

Rude staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Most of.the staff were rude and it seemed.deliberately unhelpful.

Location was ok.

Poor customer care

Not friendly atmosphere

Not happy with the staff on duty

Good
    • Double or Twin Room

The pools too small and shaded

The location of the hotel and rooms were ok.

WiFi not working when I was there.
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi not working when I was there.

Rude staff and no parking.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were rude. Falsely advertised that they had paking, which they dont. Beds were rock hard.

Not a bad location for mambo and strip etc

The overnight staff were rude and not helpful.

The overnight staff were rude and not helpful. The price advertised was not the price charged on arrival!

Cleaning

Cleaning

Nice hostel in the downtown
    • Double or Twin Room

Too many drunk teen. San Antonio in the overall is full of drunk-teens-mostly Irish/Brits.

Bike rental - situated into the downtown

Would definitely stay again!

Slow internet

Very clean, air conditioned rooms with a nice little balcony and lovely staff

Rude staff, noisy building

Rude staff, noisy building

Rosalia is quiet enough in a comparison with other our...
    • Double or Twin Room

It was dirty under the bed.

Rosalia is quiet enough in a comparison with other our accommodations on Ibiza. All the rest are normal for the hostel.

It's nice for younges or familily who want to have it the cheap way

No hairdryer provided. The fluss of the toilet didn't work proporly

The staff was friendly. Room was fine

Will stay again!!!

No balcony!

Sooo cheap and clean exactly why we needed!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Good for 1-2 nights

Soundproofing is bad.

The room is nice, comfy pillows.

All great .

All great . Close to town but far enough to have a nice peaceful nights . Lovely staff. Be back .

Excellent staff and close to everything

Everything was ok.

The hotel staff were amazing as I had a severe incident with my partner and they were so helpful and caring.

Aircon, pool and a balcony all for a good price.
    • Double or Twin Room

Aircon, pool and a balcony all for a good price.

Very happy

View from room

Close to west end

Excellent value for money. Nice clean hotel!!
    • Double or Twin Room

One small thing no soap or shower gel provided.

Really nice hotel and extremely good value. Short walk to west end.

Value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

location may be a bit far from beach for some people

Value for money

No wifi no hot water

No wifi no hot water

bedrooms nice and airy, staff very friendly .
    • Double or Twin Room

bedrooms nice and airy, staff very friendly .

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

We had an absolute blast!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a little hard to find at first.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Swimming pool was very relaxing. Room was cleaned everyday.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

the worst place I've stayed in ibiza.

90% of the over all stay.

the worst place I've stayed in ibiza. that's all I need to say.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016