Reviews of Hotel Sa Volta 3 stars

Miramar, 94, 07871 Es Pujols, Spain

#1 of 23 hotels in Es Pujols

9.7

Very comfortable and pleasant experience, near bus stop (from the ferry port) and near the beach.

Slightly disappointed that rooftop pool was being repaired and out of service. If it had been full I would have liked to have used the rooftop sun terrace. Quite a noisy street (non-stop traffic, late-night drinkers returning 'home' and early morning dustbin wagons...

Very pleasant welcome; nice surprise to receive a complimentary bottle of fizz and discounts on cycle/scooter hire and free drink in the bar. Breakfast was excellent. Bedroom was comfortable and sensibly planned with easy access to power points. Lovely bathroom, with free amenities. Good shower and towels.

Beautiful place. Nice people
    • Suite

The staff was super nice. Reception people were truly the friendliest I have seen. Always smiling and super helpful. The restaurant staff not so much. Grumpy waiter.

Beautiful suites. Nice hottub.

Lovely friendly hotel with local feel

Everything perfect!

Great checkin from a very friendly lady. Lots of information. The room was excellent. Super breakfast. Hotel bar was brilliant. Always packed with locals which gave the place a real genuine feel. And location right in the middle of town. And really good vale

Excellent hospitality!!!

There were some bus from the port to the town but limited. Taxi is a choice to come to the hotel (around 15 Euro).

The hotel located in a small town but there were some restaurants, cafe, bike shop, supermarket, beach etc - everything was available. We had a surprise present from the hotel (a bottle of cava) for our wedding anniversary. They also kindly gave us extension of stay with free of charge and let us to keep the room until our departure around 5pm. It was very helpful and we could take a shower before we leave.

Gorgeous hotel with friendly helpful staff.

There were so many amazing hotels to choose from in Formentera but I chose this one because of the rooftop pool and jacuzzi. Sadly these were unavailable during our stay which was very disappointing. I feel that I paid for a hotel with these amenities and was sad we could not use them.

The rooms were beautiful and incredibly clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave us beach towels which was great and a bottle of cava as it was my birthday which was very kind.

Beautiful sea, beautiful sunsets, relaxing beach days and bike rides across the island.

DIdn't think too much of Es Pujols itself. Restaurants were overpriced and not amazing. But it is a great location for getting around and seeing the north/west/South side of the Island. Couldn't find any decent local bars here to watch the evening go by. As a base it's great and overall we weren't bowled over by restaurants/bars on the island anyway - the views / experience make up for it though!

We were upgraded to a superior room on arrival as it was out of season and a quieter week for the hotel which we really appreciated! Bed was huge and very comfortable. Breakfast exactly what you'd expect from a continental buffet type spread, lots of it! I forget her name but the lady on reception was incredibly helpful when we asked her questions about the island. Bike hire is a doodle, literally across the road - strongly recommend you hire bikes to see Formentera. Hotel location was great for getting to the beaches north of the Island.

A gem in the heart of Es Pujols

The bed was a bit soft for our taste.

The hotel is situated in the center of Es Pujols and just 3-minute walk to the Es Pujols beach. The rooms are nicely decorated, spacious and they all have balconies. The breakfast is amazing (they offer wide selection of food and they even offer gluten free options) and the hotel staff friendly and extremely helpful, they don't only make you welcome but you feel like you are part of their family. The biggest advantage of the hotel are small gestures that show that the Sa Volta staff really value their guests and make your stay an excellent one - free refreshments in the room daily, parasols and beach towels, that get changed every day (you can pick up the towels in the morning and return them in the evening to get them washed by the hotel), a rooftop pool and a jacuzzi with a bar operating during the happy hours in the afternoon (try a mojito or two), etc. I highly recommend the hotel and will definitely be staying here again in the future.

Excellent hotel - everything carefully thought out to make your visit comfortable and easy.

I really don't wish to complain, but I would have preferred a wider double bed. Also, the cleaner left adequate soaps etc on day one, but never replenished, so that by the last day, we had run out of bath gel and soap. Finally, our room fan would turn on and off by itself- I suspect the remote control sees through the walls and our neighbor was inadvertently controlling it.

This hotel is way above average for a three star. Everything has been carefully thought out to make a visit the best it could be. The breakfast is outstanding- not only a very comprehensive buffet, but they will cook whatever you like to order - all included in your room rate. The hotel,is immaculate. The rooms are very well cleaned every day. Towels are provided for the beach. They offer to store your bags when you check out and even a shower facility after your last hours at the beach before you begin your journey home. We got a significant discount hiring bikes right next to the hotel, with overnight storage.

The staff at the reception was very welcoming.

The staff at the reception was very welcoming. The rooftop pool and bar is amazing. We got free beach towels and we got to use them even the following day after we checked out. The beds were very comfortable and tge breakfast was awesome.

A total gem

Not a thing. Everything was perfect!

Bed extremely comfortable. Family business - nothing was a problem. Everything was super clean and new. Definitely going to visit again 😄

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Family owned with great rooms and awesome location.
    • Suite

My wife is very sensitive to nighly sounds, so if you are too you may want a different location.

Very cosy, clean and modern rooms, awesome beds, with a great location in the middle of Es Pujols. The pool + jacuzzi on the roof is a nice plus but the beach is really close too.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Cozy and nice place to stay

My room was very cozy and there was so much light. I could see a little bit of the sea from my balcony, made some great reaing time. And I just loved the little fluffy white rug on the floor.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great hotel on a great island!

We found no problems at all, no bad experiences, no rip offs, no bad food.

Great breakfast, great staff, very comfy bed, good standard of cleanliness, good bar & evening meal. We were there out of season so things were quiet in town but that's why we went there at that time, far less people. All in all it's a great island. The local people were very hospitable & we found great food everywhere we went on the island.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Good location and value for money

The air conditioner in my room made a noise and I raised the issue with the staff the first day but they did not do anything about it. As a result, I couldn't sleep well for two days. I was told at reception that it was not summer time so there was no need to use it which is ridiculous because I travelled in mid April and it was warm. Also, this is up to the guest to decide and it is a duty of the hotel to ensure every piece of equipment in the room is fully functioning.

Location, breakfast and front of house

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Cozy hotel with friendly staff and comfortable room, facility and service

Since it is situated in the center of Es Pujols (it is a great advantage), in the night, I heard someone talking in the bar or in the street. It was a bit disturbing for sleeping well but does not mean too noisy. Considering quality of the room, staff, facilities and service of the hotel, the price setting is good compared with other hotels with the same price range, but, if it were a bit less expensive, it would have been better.

The breakfast is very good with a lot of choice (fresh fruits, tomatoes, eggs cooked when the customer arrive, cereals, breads etc.) The pool and the Jacuzzi on the top are wonderful and relaxing with various chairs and nice view. The staff of the hotel is friendly and kind. The towel to bring to the beach is provided free of charge every day and also a bottle of water and coca cola. The location is also comfortable. I would like to be back here again.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Elegant, comfortable and well situated hotel

To have to pay for connecting to Internet and print 2 pages (check in for our flight) taking into account the standard of the hotel and price we paid/night!

Excellent hotel, great location in Es Pujols. When we will return to Formentera, we book again hotel Sa Volta. Thank you!!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The Best in Es Pujols
    • Suite

Nothing , all was great ! It was expensive during high season but worth every euro.

Great Suite ( worth the money ) , amazing staff also the cleaning staff ! Breakfast was very good. Towels to beach incl bag, room to shower after check out. Nice pool area on the roof . Close to the beach and city center but far away to have some peace. Fully recommend this hotel if staying in Es Pujols ! Great Family run hotel !

Simply the best

Everything was perfect

Amazing comfort. Excellent attention to every detail

Excellent hotel

Excellent hotel

Very pleased with my stay at Sa Volta, and will absolutely recomend the hotel to others.

Very friendly staff. Good location and the roof terrace was brilliant. Very good breakfast . They also upgraded me at arrivial.

Memorable

All was great

Wonderful place

We had an excellent stay and were made to feel at home. Wonderful .

Friendliness. Attention to detail .The pool terrace.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Close to amazing beach.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Perfect island perfect stay
    • Suite

Everything was fresh and couldn't fault it

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Staff were brilliant and so helpful.

Staff were brilliant and so helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

Free mini-bar.

The jacuzzi was only warm enough in the evening if it had been left on all day. Otherwise it was too cold.

Free mini-bar. Excellent service from helpful staff. Delicious breakfast with a wide variety to suit all tastes.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

The staff was very friendly.

The staff was very friendly. In fact, they gave us a suite instead of the double room we paid for. As a low season promotion, there was cold Cava in the room, and we could have bicycles for one day for free from the next door rental. As we hadn't expected any of this, it was a real treat. The suite must be one of the prettiest hotel rooms we have ever stayed in!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

Location, staff, cleanliness, decor and specially the...

Try to get the rooms at the back and higher up the floors as there is a bit of noise coming from streets and people from downstairs. But still, not a major issue. I slept comfortably.

Location, staff, cleanliness, decor and specially the quality of rooms is all 10/10 as per a three star establishment. The room according to me is like the 4 star hotels. I went there in oct, they even gave me an additonal 10% discount on the price per room. i booked for 2nights. i end up booking for another 3nights, totalling 5nights. I was also given a late check out too which was fabulous. They offer you free bike for one day plus breakfast included. I had a very good time there. Location: you can easily access the Illettes beaches in the north and Es Calo in the south. I forgot, Sa Volta has jacuzzi and a decent pool size on the top 4th floor. For me, for an advertised 3star hotel, its a 10/10. Well done.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Everything!

Everything! Staff is very helpful. they have courtesy for guests not very predictable compare to other hotels in Es Pujlos!!! As towel and logo bag for the beach, ashtray for the beach, free drinks on the minibar.... Pool with Jacuzzi on the rooftop! i definitely recommend the hotel for your stay in Formentera!!! We love it!

• Reviewed: 20 June 2015

I was on my own and the location, 24 hour front desk and...

I honestly can't think of anything.

I was on my own and the location, 24 hour front desk and interaction with all the staff made me feel very safe. The room was beautiful and I really enjoyed my stay. I think this is the most centrally located hotel to access all hotel bars/restaurants/bars /beach/buses/shops. The staff are helpful and the room was very clean and excellent value for money. I was in Formentera for a wedding and it truly is a beautiful island - great views from the roof top sun lounge!

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

Staff is really kind and able to give advices to visit the...

Staff is really kind and able to give advices to visit the island. Hotel position is perfect. Room is very claen. Perfect!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

The kindness of the staff

The kindness of the staff Cleanliness Breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 September 2015

the suite is just AMAZING

the suite is just AMAZING

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Very warm atmosphere, great location, very kind and friendly...

Breakfast food isn't very fresh and tempting.

Very warm atmosphere, great location, very kind and friendly staff. Make paradise even better !

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

Good location for the restaurants and beach.

Good location for the restaurants and beach. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and individually stylish.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

Excellent location and friendly staff, nice terrace and pool...

Excellent location and friendly staff, nice terrace and pool to cool down after a hot day on beach. Good soundproofing and air conditioning in room.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

Breakfast was very good.

Breakfast was very good. Stuff were nice snd room was very clean

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

Helpful, friendly staff

Lack of atmosphere in dining room

Helpful, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 May 2015

The whole ambience was great , and the staff were very...

The whole ambience was great , and the staff were very helpful .

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.