Reviews of Hostal Sierpes 1 stars

#46 of 68 B&Bs and Inns in Seville

Based on 1926 hotel reviews

6.2

• Double or Twin Room

no choice for breakfast just 1 cup tea or coffee, 1 glass orange juice a toasted roll with cheese and ham. noisy at night,

perfect location, basic accommodation, staff friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The welcoming atmosphere at reception disappeared the further up the building you climbed. The room was basic with one small window

It was quiet and very central

• Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi was broken when we arrived and apparently the hotel was unable to charge our credit card. When we arrived they informed us that they accept cash only. We were forced to go look for the ATM . The employee informed us that he won't be able to give us ANY proof of payment in cash... he refused to even sign a piece of paper stating that we payed. He wasn't helpful and was visibly irritated. Other hotel guests had the same problem. After reaching an impasse (we wouldn't pay without any proof ) the man gave me a makeshift receipt. The hotel didn't bother to earlier notify anybody of their Wi-Fi/ cash only payment problem. Other than that : there is absolutely NO parking space available in 2km radius. Be prepared to drag your luggage through narrow alleys. The price was sky high for the hostel standard and the staff wasn't friendly. I don't recommend.

The room was clean and the patio was nice.

• Double or Twin Room

Sound insulation between rooms was not great. Could be a problem if you had noisy neighbours who stay up late.

Located close to station and village and well placed for countryside walks. Breakfast was varied but basic but as it was included in the price it represented good value. Restaurant meal was also good.

• Double or Twin Room

We were very disappointed - the hotel is very very outdated, walls and doors are damaged and scream for repairing. Everywhere is a very bad smell, most of staff speaks only Spanish. When we arrived, the bed in the room was wet - it looked like a water but who knows. We were not offered to change a room, instead two women came and turned a mattress around and put new sheets. No free parking around and the hotel also does not offer one. Scared of the smell we did not try the breakfast (it is for an additional cost). There was only one AC power socket in the room near the door - so I had to sit on the floor while charging my phone. Very weak wifi also.

The location of the hotel is perfect - it is in the city centre and you can get everywhere by foot.

Quite expensive but it was a late booking

Really good location for historic Seville. Good places to eat and drink nearby. Attractive courtyard interior.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathrooms are small and need updating, but clean. We woke up early to a good bit of noise as the guests and staff were busy bustling upstairs, moving furniture and parading outside our room so perhaps request a quiet floor/room if you plan on sleeping in.

Great value in an awesome location with clean, basic accommodations. No frills rooms, but adequate and comfortable if you want to stretch your funds for other fun in the city. Perfect for laid-back explorers needing to crash between adventures. Staff was great and check-in was very smooth for our same-day booking.

This hotel was originally a beautiful traditional Spanish house with courtyards, and it is full of character. It is very good value in a great central location.

A bit noisy as the walls are thin. First room I've got wasn't very clean, but the staff immediately relocated me to another room. So no worries!

Very helpful and friendly staff! Perfect location and comfy mattress. Great value for money

• Double or Twin Room

There were no windows in the room and it looked all a bit worn out. The room was rather clean but that could not be said about the public areas.

It was well situated in regard to the highlights of Seville and one staff member was very friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

The room and facilities were very clean. The location was perfect for walking to a lot of the main attractions. And the staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

The place is in very convenient location. Not fancy but well maintained with a very charming interior decor and the sweeeeetest front reception man! Value for money - outta the ball park.

• Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff, very clean, charming building from the 1850s with lovely common areas. Modest but very comfortable. Stairs were challenging but the charm made up for it. Fantastic location. So central and yet very quiet at night.

A bit desolated area late night. It is better to pay attention when you return especially from Cathedral area.

Everything is sooo nice. Staffs are so kind & helpful!!

• Double or Twin Room

All rooms radiate off the central circular courtyard resulting in all noise being amplified. We were lucky we had quiet next door neighbours during our stay. I wouldn’t risk another stay which is unfortunate as everything else is good. Bring ear plugs.

Central location with basic but comfortable room.

It has a good location in the very historic center of Sevilla, not near from the cathedral and Alqasar, but not easy to find, because of very complicated structure of city center`s calles. Clean and comfortable rooms, friendly staff, but very small breakfast and no view from the windows.

• Double or Twin Room

It didn't bother us, but some may find rooms facing onto the street a little noisy at night.

Location. Location. Location. Easily accessible. Within walking distance of most of the things-to-do. The staff was welcoming and helped us with our requests.

Everything was excellent apart from the red carpet on the stairs that looked a bit dirty but I guess it is difficult to keep it clean with people going up and down all the time.

The location is fantastic and the house has a lot of charm. The room was very clean and the staff super friendly. I'd definitely come back.

Outdated

Location is ok. Hotel is outdated. No elevator and the staff offers ZERO help with luggage!! Went down to have breakfast and wasn't happy with what i saw and went out to nearby plaza and purchased a good breakfast.

The hostel is nice but the staff were not kind. The night I got there I was carrying a heavy bag and the guy at the door did not even offer me any help to carry it.

Location is unbeatable, the lobby and the old house in general really beautiful. I had a simple economy single room containing just everything I needed to feel comfortable and at home. I would have liked a bedside table lamp and told the receptionist when I checked out just with the intent to even improve their impeccable service. I would stay there again.

• Double or Twin Room

Due to Semana Santa the price was too high for this property. Old furniture, no central heating - only AC, noise from other rooms

Central location, helpful staff, simple breakfast for 3.5 euros, comfortable mattress and pillow, cleaned daily

A kettle would be good.

Miguel leads a very helpful an friendly team. It was a joy to stay there after we moved from a twin room to a double with a TV thanks to Miguel and Carmen.

the information said there was parking and although the hotel sent me an email after I had booked telling me parking would be difficult I didn't realise I would have to drag my heavy luggage a considerable distance from a parking garage that cost 22 euroes a day.

The staff were very helpful and lovely people, The hotel is charming with a lovely authentic feel, and quiet difficult to find in the labrynth of tiny alleyways which make up the area

only had stairs to access the upper floors; made it difficult/painful for someone who had knee problems. bed creaked every time I moved. same simple breakfast everyday.

good location. close to a lot of attractions. A lot of restaurants in the area.

• Double or Twin Room

The hostal was in the middle of renovation, that is why nosy and dusty. The provided room had an extremely strong smell of paint which made us dizzy, so we had to change our room. The new one was better.

Great location, friendly staff

Perhaps it was just my bad luck, but my room seemed to be above a restaurant or bar. I could here customers late into the night. The building is also undergoing some renovations which meant the day time was also noisy with hammering and other construction work.

Good location near the Cathedral, friendly and accommodating staff.

No TV.

Very well located in the historical center, a few minutes from the catedral, no traffic. Simple room, very clean, but old bathtube. Excellent bed. I had asked for an outside window, which I got. Wifi in the room, too. Nice breakfast room, cheap breakfast, good price value. Very friendly stuff. I would come back, as I had a good deal for a single room (February)

• Double or Twin Room

The bath was tiny should have been known as a shower tray, the builders were drilling and working loudly all over the property all day starting early, there was one floor where the building dust was everywhere- This property should be closed for renovation as it is too noisy and too dusty to be rented at the moment.

The building and decor was beautiful the location good-

• Double or Twin Room

The first room we were given was very small, dark and noisy. I complained and we were given a much larger and more pleasant room for the remainder of our stay.

Friendly and helpful staff. Quaint period decor and convenient location. Quiet with small tapas restaurant just next door.

• Double or Twin Room

The only bad thing we can mention is that they gave us a room newly painted which gave it a really bad smell of paint. Our fault is we didn’t say anything.

The location is fantastic and the place is very charming with a nice sense of historical look. The staff is really friendly and welcoming!

no wifi ,had to ask for extra blanket (room was very cold,hot airco didn t work)

location,near the cathedral and alcazar in a quiet street/the receptionist in the morning

The water pressure was really weak. It was difficult to have a nice hot shower, I settled for weakish lukewarm water.

Location was great! Nearby walking distance of a lot of sights. I had reserved a single, but received a twin room. Clean. Wifi worked (although slow, good for googling, not for Netflix). Fresh towels every day. Relatively cheap hostel in the city centre of Sevilla.

- Broken, lifting, dirty tiles tiles on the floor of my room. - Internet was down for the duration of my stay (6 days). - The room size may have been the advertised 20m, but the useable space was about 2m. - the aircon is noisy.

The location is good - but every hostel or hotel in the old city is is a good location, i.e “10 minute walk to the Cathedral”. Shower pressure was good.

• Double or Twin Room

No parking, although it advertised as parking available. No elevator, so we had to carry bags up three flights of stairs. No tv in room.

Great location, helpful staff

The facilities are dated. Having to call and wait for a staff member to open and close the front gate. You should at least be able to leave without staff. WiFi is very slow.

Location and interior ‘patio’ of the hotel. The hotel also has a historic feel (1850) and is very charming. Staff was very helpful.

It turned chilly at night but there was no extra blanket in the room and thus I was cold in bed. If I'd been there more than one night I would have requested one the following day. The wash basin had been wiped with something that had left a greasy-feeling and -looking film. The floor in the room could have been a bit cleaner.

Excellent location; friendly staff; interesting interior architecture; good value for money. Would stay here again if in Sevilla for a night or two.

-Wifi just in the common areas -No elevator - Not very clean especially the bathroom - The old furniture -The bathtub was a shame- I don't know how many years could it have but should be changed immediately, it can't even be cleaned properly because of its miserable condition - The door shaking on every step on the corridor or when another guests are closing/opening their rooms etc - Like 20 minutes waiting for the hot water to have a shower -In the bathroom there was enough space so there could be a kind of shelf to leave your stuff like cosmetics etc to not leave things on the toilet or washbasin - Last day without toilet paper at all

-It's on the Old Town, a few minutes walking from the Cathedral, athough to get there is quite difficult through all that narrow streets and you can easily get lost - Hair dryer available at the reception desk -An older man from the reception very nice and helpful -Air conditioning working fine - Bed comfortable -Nice patio

This is a lovely quiet courtyard hotel right in the middle of the old town with its maze of narrow streets. The bedroom and en suite bathroom were basic but comfortable, and excellent value. The staff were friendly. I would recommend it.

• Double or Twin Room

That booking.com offers the room type as Twin OR Double and it’s a lottery to see which one you get - to me it’s unfair that a twin would be the same price as the double.

Decent size room and adequate facilities - good central location.

---

I was there only for one night, but everything was okay. Good value for the price and the reception was very friendly. Also positive: Check-Inn was 14:00 but when I arrived at 12:00 I could already get into my room. Location ist pefect to reach everything by foot.

Thin walls. I could hear the neighbours talking as if they were in my room. Same for the windows and people passing in the street during the night. If you wear earplugs it will be no problem, just be prepared.

Amazing people at the reception. Very friendly, polite and helpful!

• Double or Twin Room

No lift meant carrying our suitcases up 3 levels...........also climbing up and down whenever we went out. Shower didn't operate properly.

Very quiet room. A short walk to Cafe's, Bars, Restaurants, Shops and walking distance to several places of interest.

• Double or Twin Room

One receptionist was particularly obnoxious. He spoilt what could have been a good experience. Also a member of staff drove my car out of the garage but kept the key and blamed me for leaving it.

The architecture of the building was very interesting.

• Double or Twin Room

The shower is a drip rather than a constant flow. The house has been subdivided into so many rooms but the water pressure cannot handle such number of occupancy. The bed is so light that when I lean on the head board it slide and moved forward. There is not enough light in the bedroom and the lock doesn't work well.

None that I can think of. I only booked it because there was no other choices in similar price range on the day I was there. Given the experience I would rather pay more for another place for my next trip.

No windows to outside air.

Good "old town" location with most "sights" within easy walking distance [but find a good map first - the one supplied by the hotel is pretty vague].

• Double or Twin Room

A kettle in the room would have been helpful and the standard of decoration was a little bit 'tired'. Three flights of steep stairs was a bit of a challenge (no lift) but overall acceptable for a 1 star hotel at this price point.

Excellent and very helpful reception desk staff who tolerated my so-so Spanish and gave good directions as to finding the major sights.

Nothing to dislike

Loved the bright courtyards to relax in - on three floors. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Had a lovely room with lots of space. Breakfast room with unique fascinating wall tiles.

I cannot think of anything. Of course there are limitations, but it is a 1 star hotel, you cannot ask for more, and the price is very good.

For a 'hostal' (motel in English?) was excellent. The place was beautiful and clean. The room was comfortable, it felt very clean, and neat. The bathroom was comfrotable as well and clean. And the staff was incredibly kind. I couldn't take my suitcase upstairs (there is no elevator) and the guy did for me! Definitely recommend this place. I didn't try the breakfast, but saw the prices and they were quite good!

• Double or Twin Room

No it was all fine - just its so easy to get lost in the complex network of little streets!

Very attractive typically Spanish hotel - not flashy if that's what you want - but modest and full of character.

• Double or Twin Room

Cleaner made floor wet and I slipped. Luckily I was only mildly bruised I could have broken a bone. She should have warned us. Also she spoke in Spanish and we could not understand a word she said. She needed to be prepared for our lack of Spanish and called for assistance. Could not find the light switch for upstairs communal area.

Location. Charm that comes with age and character.

Room window facing the wall, poor sound isolation and lightning in the room, to shower one has to climb into a rather unclean looking bath tube.

Very nice staff at the reception, helpful and friendly. Big, comfortable king size bed and good pillow. Affordable price.

• Double or Twin Room

No hairdryer in the room, could have done with another mirror the only one was in the bathroom. Bedside light didn't work. Lack of power sockets in the room there was only one!

Brilliant location!

Clean, nice, and cosy hotel, very central in Seville on walking distance of many restaurants and the beautiful cathedral. With a lovely staff who were always kind and helpful.

n/a

Picturesque, traditional property with pretty internal courtyard and comfortable seats if you wanted to relax outside tour rooom Perfect setting, close to the main sites. Comfortable, clean and friendly. Air Con too!! I loved it here.

• Double or Twin Room

A better effort could be made with the breakfast. Very basic

Location is excellent. Staff are very helpful and friendly. The decor and lay out of hotel is unique and charming.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The room definitely wasn't properly cleaned. There was hair all over the bathroom & between the bedsheets - which were stained as well - really gross

It was a beautiful old mansion, nicely decorated and the room was spacious

Everything was fine..a convenient location and a little gem of a hotel circa 1850 a little quirky but a bargain in such a good location

The ambience, the faded gentility, a real delight.

No TV in room. But I did not go to Seville to watch television.

Good location, very close to the Cathedral and the Alcazar but somewhat hidden in a quiet street, without crowds and noisy bars. The room was very clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff were excellent The location was great, tucked nicely into a local location, and not too hard to find. The decor is wonderful, it felt like a home away from home. Great to have somewhere to cool off after exploring Seville in the hot summer sun!

• Double or Twin Room

The room is TINY and not so neat. There is no locker for valuables. No TV.

The hostal is very well located right in the middle of old town and walking distance. One can walk to all the attractions. Cathedral is just 5 minutes walk. It has a basic breakfast of bun, juice and coffee. Staff was helpful.

Paint is flaking, but that wasn't a surprise. Stairs are high and steep - mind if it's a problem to you.

Right in the middle of the old city. Despite being rather tired, facilities perform their function.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

An elevator would be welcome for those at the upper level. Also, the room was very noisy when it rained due to the tiny inner courtyard next to my bed filled with metal equipment.

Staff were helpful in carrying up my luggage when I first arrived. Public sitting areas were generous and nicely decorated.

• Double or Twin Room

Noisy! Windows and doors from an other century that hardly close. Bar/restaurant right under the hotel, ultra noisy. I was not able to sleep until very late. Not A cheap hotel but poor rooms. First time ever I had such a bad expérience, reviews should be worse than what I had read on booking.com, and I would have not booked this one if I had knew

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Parking at hotel for anything bigger than a micro car not likely. I found a Parking Garage nearby and walked in. Use google maps to find hotel if it is your first visit. Hotel a bit dated.

Excellent location 5 minute walk to the Giralda Cathedral & Reales Alcazares, 20 minute walk to Plaza de Espana. Excellent price last minute deal 32 Euro. May 2017

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Quadruple Room

The bathroom was so small (if you wanted to ) you could sit on the toilet, soak your feet in the small bath and clean your teeth in the hand basin all at the same time. There was no lift. The parking situation was not made very clear, even after a phone call, and we ended up having to use a local parking garage.

The situation of the property was wonderful. The house was full of character. And the staff were always helpful.

Their next step is to improve accessibility, not easy.. challenging.. but will make this place the best.

Great place in value for money and in terms of Location for enjoying a visit to Sevilla.

• Double or Twin Room

The room ! It was very small and with just the ninimum required, the door and the window did not locked properly.

The location in the old city, the staff was very gentle.

Pillow. Put one more, this one you have almost is nothing

Location and staff is great!room is comfortable anf full of light. Really place to come back and stay. Great value for money.

Bed was uncomfortable and room was small an cold.

Friendly staff good seating areas. Reasonable wifi although not the best I have had. Great location though.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The Hotel was dirty, the toilet didn't flush well. The room was dirty, so were the blankets, no t.v in the room. just two small soaps and small towels in the shower when we received the room. Also there was no parking at the hotel and we had to pay 21 euros per night for public parking.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The creaky bed, the scalding hot shower. Location was good but we kept getting lost! Not the hotel's fault more our sense of direction!

The receptionist when we arrived was very welcoming and helpful. Location, we were able to walk everywhere.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

No breakfast.

The house is a very beautiful and traditional Andalucian residence. The rooms are spartan, but very clean. The staff, only men are very good in all different ways.

• Double or Twin Room

The communal rooms were fine, peeling chipped paint, but ok. However our bedroom and connected bath was horrible! At €80 a night it was not a good value.

Location. Steps from the interesting places, short taxi to other places.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Stairway carpets let the place down abit, shame as its really very nice.

Quite an old place really, with loads of character, little like a step back in time to a different age, when life was a lot slower. Very nice inner courtyard terrace to relax in. Near the main sites. Bathroom very modern though.

Browse Hostal Sierpes traveller photo gallery