Reviews of Residencia Santiago Mallorca 2 stars

4.4

6.1

4.3

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very nice family hotel, in a very nice cousy city and close to an amazing nice Beach
    • Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Actually there was some details, that the staff fixed very well. This Hotel is newly overtaken by this family and they have plans for aircondition next session which is the only thing we needed. But again. The price was compensating for that , and the staff were very helpfull with ekstra fans at the room so we have no complains all in all..

We really felt for the place with the nicest little harbour and beautyfull Bay area in walking distance from the hotel, but mostly we liked the overwelming friendly staff, who brings The smile in to the day, by being just like they are. They put service in To everydays life and it seems like they know everybody that stays at their hotel, and great all very nice and friendly. We had the most wonderfull stay and we would Love to wish this family hotel a lot of luck..

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

we will defenetly come back for trip
    • Standard Twin Room

I would recommend to add ventilation fen to rooms, rooms are without AC, that can be demanding in the hot months /like this year/,

July 2018 we spent one week in Cala Figuera in Residential Santiago. It was very nice vacation. The staff Tatiana and Dmitri were absolutly friendly and helpful, their hostility was way above our expectations. We arrived earlier than check-in time, and the room was already free. so we did not have to wait. They both took perfect care about us, our needs and always asked about the rooms and stuff. We felt as a longtime friends with them. The rooms were Quite big enough, with normal size bedsize. I suggest this accomodation for easy going travelers or families, who do not expect 4* star hotel, but like to spend time in not crowded location. Cala Figuera is not so crowded touristic place, but it offers beatiful, quiet streets. In harbor are some good restaurants and beautiful cliffs. Parking nearby the hotel is more than good, there is possibility to rent a car directly in Cala Figuera. We traveled by bus to all beaches in neighborhood, Cala D´or, Cala Santanyi, Cala Llombard, Es trens.... the ticket is 1,50, in 3 minutes walk distance from Hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very nice people, wishing them all the best
    • Standard Triple Studio

The Hotel is still being renewed and constructed so it doesn’t have any AC, only fans which is ok, as long as you don’t go in July or August

The lady was super nice, offered us coffe, tea and crepes in the morning, took time to Talk to us and tell us how the whole mini hotel started, it felt like a little family house not a hotel Checking out was so easy, she’s so lovely and her son also, who checked us in The view in the morning next to the hotel is amazing, such a quiet place to have a stop after a long day

Run AWAY for you life. spend 5 bucks more and have nice experience
    • Duplex Quadruple Room

Dirty place Beds smelly and uncomfortable No fan, just for a charge Cleaning of the rooms was poor, to say the least I put my bed outside in the terrace Run away Its disgusting Bad service Wifi only in reception For the price you pay... better to find in another place Not recommendable Distasteful experience

Cold water in the shower
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Cold water in shower and in the sink, moreover the room without windows. We booked the room with no bathroom, but when we saw that there are no windows then we decided to pay 10€ more per night for the room with the bathroom and with the windows and balcony.

The personnel was really nice and helpful.

Terrible stay

Dirty, humid, hot and stinky rooms, stinky towells and sheets, staff sleeps in the diningroom/hall on the couch and that makes a terrible smell, they wake up us at 6 am for two days out of three knocking at every room asking for a car to move. I've been in hostels around the world, but never see something like this.

It has a balcony

The room wasn’t very clean, a lot of hairs and other garbage on the floor. The bathroom was dirty and rust. We didn’t had warm water. Through the whole staying we got changed our towels only once and our rubbish have been take only once. No free wifi and small parking lot. Not so kind hosts.

It has a balcony

Book it if you want cheap accomodation and have no or little...
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

No warm water, shaking bed, front doors open all night so that you cannot open a window overnight in the room on the ground floor, personal data stored openly at the front desk (can be accessed easily)

Book it if you want cheap accomodation and have no or little expectations

I recommend this hotel
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

What I did not like: 1. Late check in the nightime is subject to extra charge 2. Electrical fan should be free of charge What I really liked: 1. One of the best locations speaking of Mallorca hallmarks 2. Proximity to fishermen's village with a range of mallorquine quisine (sea food and more) 3. WiFi is available even in the parking place and backyard 3. Free parking places 4. In spite of cheap prices they nevertheless clean up daily 5. receptionist speaks at least 6 languages 8. this hotel seems to be an old one, but rooms are spacy, balconies even huge 9. those who book bigger rooms can sleep longer (western part of the building) 10. bike friendly.

Small stylish hotel in South of Mallorca
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The beach appropriate for small kids is actually not close to this place. But the perfect jogging path was a challenge for me, so I ran way and back. Only ciclysts were overcoming me!

The hotel was easy to locate, cause it is at the village entrance. The bay is amazing and it is only 200 m away. My room was not to big, but comfortable enough. Wi-Fi runs perfectly as well inside of the room and also even on the parking, which is in turn Free of charge. Bathroom was ok. My room by the way was decorated with some wallpapers in Meditteranian style.

Outstanding design of a boutique hotel. Money worth!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I highly advise Cala Figuera to everybody. It a real hallmark. This hotel is located between two nice beaches. The bay and its fishermen boats are awesome! This small and cosy, newly redesigned hotel is really worth money I paid. Rooms are sunny, have big balconies.The staff is really nice, they always tried to help and they waited for us for check-in until 22:30, even though reception works until 22:00. I've been in Cala Figuera before and this hotel looked diferently before.

Absolutely disappointing
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

No hot water, no soap in the bathroom. Our room was literally 1 room split in half with a make-shift wall, which had holes. There were several paintings with peeling frames, one of which fell on my mom while she was sitting in bed. The breakfast was horrible and the owners were incredibly rude. I have travelled extensively, even in third world countries and this is by far the worst place I have ever stayed.

The location and free parking helped

Generally not bad because the price was quite low but next time I would consider some other place.
    • Studio with Terrace

* small room for 4 persons, cramped bathroom * no air conditioning * no fridge! (to get to a shared fridge you have to every time ask the staff and it's available only till 10pm - really poor!) * no cleaning during whole week * old property, the toilet has no normal door just harmonic one (so no privacy in the toilet when other people in the room) * breakfast were not bad but the quality was poor (cloudy water in the tee and cofee, only toasted bread, poor quality of meats, nice touch were eggs and pancakes which were every day)

* quite friendly staff who talks in many languages including japanese :) * quite fast wi-fi * not bad localization * not bad breakfast for this price * beds were comfortable

Owners of the hotel are really nice, they always tried to...

Beds were not so comfortable and sheets could've been cleaner.

Owners of the hotel are really nice, they always tried to help and they waited for us for check-in until 22:30, even though reception works until 22:00.

To whom it may concern,
    • Family Room with Terrace

To whom it may concern, I would like to complain with Booking for the terrible Hotel that recommended me. There was no quality check on this hotel (Hotel Figuera Park), right? This is the second time I book with you a Venue and for the second time the Venue does not correspond to the description on your Web-site. This time, it was horrible! We have been asked to change the room, the hygienic level was very low. Breakfast was ridiculously horrible. There was no soap in the toilets. Towels had been used by the previous client. Satellite TV was not there. View to the City (ahahahha). No double bed (three singles attached). The venue is not even an hotel! Rooms are arranged and improvised on the spot in an ex rural museum. The condition are similar to a bad squat. This time what I expect it is at least a compensation or a refund. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely Emanuele Nargi

Totally disgusting, money lost, DO NOT GO THERE! Will ask for refund
    • Family Room with Terrace

1) just arrived: hotel outside, not illuminated at all/ frontside of restaurant, entrance closed 2) smell of urine on the walkway (not illuminated) to entrance 3) hall/reception not clearly indicated, hotel staff drinking while guest arrived, lights dimmed as much as possible to give even a worst impression 4) hotel owner or manager, with really a bad mood, stinking, and not client oriented. 5) payment was already taken from the structure before our arrival 6) again, stairs not completely illuminated 7) rooms called as "suites of 20 sq-mt with kitchen , instead are dirty and small room very poorly kept , small, bad smelling, lining on the bed and toilet not cleaned as expected. Rooms not in conformity with hotel picture posted on booking... 8) air conditioning not present 9) restaurant closed 10) even if we booked room with breakfast, we even didnt try to access the hall for breakfast for the stay, due to the bad smell.

The hotel structure is placed in a good location close to the center , you can park the car immediatly in front on the road or a small park. 5' walk to the small harbour.

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Everything in this Hotel is too bad. No AC, not a good staff, very poor breakfast. In the room where we stayed was very hot and we asked hotel owner to change our room to the other one which was comparetively less hot, he denied and even answered very badly.. The hotel owner even did not know what all nearby restaurants or bars are open and by what time they are open. When we asked he directly said there are not restaurants or supermarkets are open after 10 p.m. But we found that there are number of restaurants nearby hotel within 600 meters distance. I really don't like this hotel and room. I also suggest everybody not to stay in this hotel.

nothing to like

The property was disgusting , dirty, not tasty,not hot water, no internet last two night.On the pictures that room looked more exclusive than it is in reality.I didn't feel comfortable.Most disqusting hotel have ever visited.Owner not friendly.Staff seemed confused and stressed.Horrible owners no respect to tourist and staff.

nothing to like

I expected a little more privacy.

I expected a little more privacy. I thought it is a hotel, not a hostel where You share the same place with other people. On the picture that room looked more exclusive than it is in reality.

Stay clear
    • Basic Triple Room

Very basic . Had a coat stand for a wardrobe , no en suite , very dated room , plaster board walls un decorated ... Very noisy so very hard to sleep as you could here other guests in there rooms

• Family Room with Private Bathroom

Fraudolent host. We have had the withdrawal of other 252,90 euro. We have had another withdrawal of 150 euro. Total is 402,90. The original reservation was 386,40 euro. Difference of 16,50 euro for Tourist fee. The hotel has withdrawed the Touristic fee in advance. It is not a cost to pay until the tourist has actually arrived in the facility. This is because you can't know in advance the right number of days you actually stay in the city. Finally We did not go to the hotel for our problems, and we have asked to hotel if it was a sort of cash back. We have not received any reply, but checking our credit card we have found 4 withdrawals respectively for a total of 236 euro with no explanation. We are going to do a regular compliants to obtain amount back.

Our mistake.

I booked a triple room. From the pictures it looked spacious enough but in reality it was too small and cramped for 2 adults and a 15 year old. The sheets were horrible blue nylon so I asked the owners for cotton sheets and to be fair, they gave me them immediately. I also asked if we could stay one night instead of the four I had booked but they said no. I paid 286Euro for four nights. Considering there is no pool, no breakfast included, no fan and very little space, this is NOT value for money. The room was hot, so we rented a fan for 2 Euro per night and had to leave the balcony door open as there is no other window. The balconies are one long balcony with each room having a bit, so leaving the door open compromises security. The place is old and a bit shabby and everything very basic. Fine for back packers but not cheap enough. When you come in at night, there is no light in the entrance yard so you need a torch. There is an automatic light once inside the building. We looked around Cala Figuera and there are much better value options which include breakfast so I think this place is best avoided.

Cala Figuera and Santanyi are great, and Mondrago has lovely beaches.

very disapponting stay

the hotel is in a very poor state - rooms are old and smelly, the bathroom has got a leak and the shower is dirty. The linen and pillows smell too, so if you are planning to come with kids - it's definitely not a good idea. In summer high temperatures, it would be reasonable to add ventilator in rooms. Even though you leave a sign on doors to clean your room, it won't be done so you need to ask for it and towels.

location is perfect - 5 mins walk to the port with amazing view and restaurants, there is a pharmacy just 2 mins walk and supermarket as well. The nearest beach is approx. 20 mins walk, but there is an option of hiring the bicycle, from the place just 2 mins away

Breakfast was mediocre at best!
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

breakfast: do it well or don't do it at all.

Breakfast was mediocre at best! We decided to go to the harbour to have our breakfast instead. Room was supposed to be 2x5 persons (2 rooms, each 5 persons) but turned out to be 6 & 4 wich in the first case was jammed, no space to move but then again, what do you expect for that price :)

Disappointed stay, small room, poor breakfast, there are much better options out there.
    • Studio with Terrace

It wasn't worth the price and the room was incredibly small. Breakfast was disappointing, just a few slices of bread and jam. Coffee was instant. We only were staying 1 night, perhaps it is better when planning a longer stay? Staff seemed confused and stressed. Found many other places across the area and all over Mallorca for ~$50 night with very nice rooms, views, balconies, and extensive breakfast buffet. If you have a chance, try to search around and you can find a better place.

It was easy to find parking. The location was close to some amazing beaches (~10min by car)

budget place next to the most popular surroundings

the hotel needs (my opinion) a bit renovation but with a nice price for bad&breakfast is in a good relation.

Cala Figuera hasn't any public beach, but there are next to this place almost all of the best bays: cala Llombardos, Santanyi and Mondragas national park. Situated at the entrace of Figuera, the Hotel Figuera Park is sutable to make bike trips (there are bikes to lend at the hotel). The owner of the hotel are friendly and multilingual: Spain, French, German, Russian and Rumanian, that's helpful beim solving some problems. This hotel is perfect for people who looks for budget accomodation to explore the most beautiful nature places and for different activities.

Superb location, wonderful host

Cleanliness could be improved but for the money the hotel is a very good deal.

A decent place to stay with a very warm, well travelled and polite host. The location is extremely good, infact it was perfect for us.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Nice location + friendly staff + sunny weather...great vacation!

It was too windy last 2 days.

The breakfast was tasty and big enough to keep us fit till late afternoon. The fiber internet of 300 mbits has just exceeded my expectations. The location was great. We enjoyed staying on the terrace till late.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Cleaning standards need improvement

I am a simple traveler however I didn't feel so comfortable in this place. I appreciate the new management need to get their bearings, however I found the owner to be overbearing. The room was very dirty with old paper sachets of shampoo still in shower, gritty dirty floor, toilet (despite plastic "disinfected" cover), and sheets had bad body odor & I questioned they had been washed. The wifi in the room is very bad.

The price was good, parking and reasonable location within walking distance of port.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Homey and comfortable staying at peaceful place.

Just an idea: I would propose make more variants of breakfast - add 'combos' with coffee + croissant or ensaimadas, so that guests can choose smth more easy for the morning.

Nice hotel with convenient location: easy to go to\ from Santanyi or beach of Cala Santanyi (20 mins by feet) and to the fascinating port of Cala Figuera (3-5 mins by feet) with the picturesque view of rocks and awesome sea. Plus, the location will be very convenient for transport-owners. The personnel is very friendly and helpful! Their attitude to guests is much considerate and attentive. The hosts speak several languages (incl. English, German, Spanish, Russian (!), Romanian and even Chinese) what makes staying in the hotel very comfortable and homey whenever you are. Very pleasant and sympathetic people! The breakfast is very generous for rather modest price - big continental set with eggs, several types of ham and cheese + vegetable - I was full after having it till the dinner :-). The room is quite simple but clean and tidy and has everything which you might need + balcony to enjoy the morning sun or relaxing in the sunset. There is no special view from the room (hotel located not on the rocky seaside) but I didn't mind it. Recommend Figuera Park for comfortable and relaxed staying!

Very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff! Possibility to choose the room, they gave us beer and water for our next journey for free ☺️.

Although it was a cheap option, I would not recommend staying here. You get what you pay for.

The staff were unpleasant. The toilet did not work initially. There was no air conditioning. The soap dispensers were empty.

we order 3 baby cot but not received.
    • Chalet

we order 3 baby cot but not received.no air condition .but the personal is good the hostel is not lake the personal

a nightmare
    • Economy Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

everything

The hotel should be closed down for renovations period
    • Chalet

Very dirty Smells Poor customer service Bed bugs Very very dirty Nothing was comfortable Very very smelly

Other resorts nearby

After a cold check-in!

After a cold check-in! the breakast timetable 9-10 ?????? and foods quantity/quality + nosy

good stay, big room, nice bathroom
    • Basic Triple Room

good stay, big room, nice bathroom would recommend

Friendly staff, what we get for that amount of money

Friendly staff, what we get for that amount of money

Average stay, do not use the restaurant.
    • Studio with Balcony

Food at dinner was raw and uneatable or overcooked. Do not go to the restaurant at the evening, find some other place to eat.

Good price.

Most disgusting hotel I have ever visited ran by theifs.

The property was disgusting, there was nothing to like

Better stay at tent on the beach, really.
    • Duplex Quadruple Room

Not frieandly, Chaos, not tasty, dirty, no hot water, no air cooling as was pointed, 100% acrylic bed linen.... Never stay here

Hotel was dirty, unpleasant horrible! Don't trust photos at all!

Nothing! Would not recommend even to my enemy!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

All O.

Simple and good.Nothing for posh people.:-)

All O.K. upon the price per stay.Best beaches near by.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Service

Not clean & not comfortable even at the low price

Service

Horrible

Horrible, nada recomendable.

Nada

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Filthy

I disliked everything a bout this hotel

There was nothing to Like

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Very friendly staff.

Very friendly staff. Great value for the money paid.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The breakfast was really good.

The breakfast was really good.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Friendly host

There was no hot water in the morning.

Friendly host

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

we have survived

the room was dirty over all, cold, humid, full of mosqitos! breakfast we paid extra wasn't the buffet but one cold plate

nothing at all

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Cosy and friendly!

Special attitude! Thank you! wish you many many positive clients!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

We enjoyed our stay at the small hotel.

We enjoyed our stay at the small hotel. Good food, very nice staff.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Cheap option in beautiful Cala Figuera

Breakfast, location, not that friendly

Beds were comfy Hotel had some character Very quiet

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Residencia Santiago Mallorca traveller photo gallery