Reviews of Hotel Acqua 4 stars

Alfons V, 9, 43840 Salou, Spain

#11 of 45 hotels in Salou

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Location apart from been at top of a very big hill.
    • Double or Twin Room

Kitchen closed. Could only have toasted sandwich by the pool. No cider available. Advised end of season so not purchasing any.

Location apart from been at top of a very big hill.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Everything was great.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were friendly, the dinner buffet fantastic and the location. Special thank you to Adnia, Paula and Elena from F&B; Carmen from Housekeeping; and Monica and Gloria from Reception!

Lovely location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely location..clean hotel..staff were very unmannerly.. very rude.. not helpful especially bar staff..very disappointed.. wasnt pleased with staff manners.. need to upgrade their staff to nicer and pleasant members

Absolutely nothing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff had no English and were very rude. No welcome or safe trip etc. we approached a staff member on the front desk looking to purchase tickets for the water park and Ferrari Land, the staff member pointed at the offer (as she had no English) we assumed these were the parks we wanted to go to and it turns out they weren’t. We had spent €220 for 4 persons and €20 on a taxi. Although the hotel refunded the money straight away they approached us the next day and demanded the money back. This was all down to the fact of the staff having no English, not being helpful and utterly rude. All these factors made us feel uneasy and wanting to go home. We felt harassed from a mistake that wasn’t our own. our whole experience since made us feel very uncomfortable and made us wanting to leave. When the manager wanted to apologize she wouldn’t confront us she decided to mail us on Facebook even though she had passed us several times through the hotel. She didn’t even apologize to us she just stated that there will be no more action taken between the hotel and us that it was an issue between the hotel and the waterpark from here on. The manager also threatened us that she was going to take legal action against us if we didn’t pay her the money for the tickets that we didn’t even use. As soon as we noticed the tickets were not the right ones we went straight back to the hotel (all within 30minutes of purchasing the tickets) but yet they reckon we used the tickets. The hotel had us harassed by ringing our room, getting the cleaners to look out for us to see if we were in the room and also to get the receptionist’s to look out for us. The pool is small, little to none loungers. 20+ school kids constantly making noise and splashing people lying by the pool. Never any entertainment on in hotel, the bar was limited to drinks and very expensive, breakfast was not great. My friend suffered from bed bug bites and we feel as though we couldn’t contact the staff as they wouldn’t understand.

Absolutely nothing.

Extremely disappointing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Tiny, basic pool, no music no activities no atmosphere whatsoever. Bedroom very very small, old fashioned And poorly decorated. Mini fridge in bedroom mouldy and dirty just as well there was a sign up stating guests are forbidden to use it for their own drinks as I wouldn't have used it anyway in that state. Received fresh towels every day and fresh bed linen however bathroom was not cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis nor was the floor cleaned on a daily basis. We only noticed ants on the bedroom floor on the day we were checking out. Staff were unfriendly and hostile and not fluent in english. One staff in particular was extremely rude and demanding upon check in. I cannot express how unwelcome she made us feel. Her attitude was DISGUSTING!!! We felt so unwelcome that we questioned asking staff general questions about what to do on Salou, where to go etc as it felt like a burden on them. Being greeted and a friendly smile goes such a long way but staff clearly didn't know how to do either! At least the cleaners had a warm smile and greet for us each morning!! Definately not even close to a 4* hotel standard. Extremely disappointing. Would barely give it 3*.

Location was great. Breakfast was nice, good choice of foods and drinks and all fruit, bread etc seemed fresh. Indoor pool was nice and relaxing.

We stayed in the Panoramic Suite.
    • Double or Twin Room

The diningroom was too small, we almost couldn't sit together with 6 persons. There were too many chairs at one table. The lady at the counter was not friendly at all and the breakfast was of a rather lower category.

We stayed in the Panoramic Suite. It was a very little room with a very large terrace that we couldn't use due to the whether (too cold) The bathroom stunk and we had to let it closed all day because of a really bad smell.

Not worth it 4 stars
    • Double or Twin Room

The lady at the reception was very un polite she didnt gave the information about adventures in salou and activities . The room was nice but not clean enough especially the floor it was very dirty. At the restaurant the ladies were also unpolite and rude they didnt even said hello or anything like that. Over all hotel looked nice but it needs to improve in communication with customers and also i would suggest them to improve their cleaning skills.

Food was very nice. Hotel it self looked very modern.

The price was decent however the hotel is lacking in proper facilities
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel does not have ironing facilities or tea/coffee making facilities which after a long journey is always needed. The bedding is not changed, when hotel staff come in to clean your room the next morning which I found weird for a four star hotel. The rooms are not sound proof which is a problem if you want to sleep in as it gets quite noisy in the morning. The views are not very nice. The 'SPA' is just an indoor pool and sauna which is misleading as most people associate a Spa with proper services such as facials and massage etc. Also the hotel is not far from the centre of Salou but it is an uphill trek on the way back which is not nice after a long day of walking.

The hotel is in good condition and is clean. The breakfast is nice and the staff are friendly. the shower is nice. The room and balcony was a good size.

Good location, nice room and view, poor breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Hot breakfast was actually cold, no coffee making facilities in the room, had to pay for luggage storage, towels for swimming pool were not available until June for some odd reason so had to use room towels

Comfy bed, balcony and sea view

The staff at the hotel made my stay exceptional.

The staff at the hotel made my stay exceptional. I came on a short weekend break with my friends but the staff made this hotel a 5 star in my opinion. Best hotel staff iv ever come across, extremly friendly and helpful.

Nice Hotel but it is missing the small things.

Firstly I was unaware that the full amount was due on arrival?? As I am used to paying in check out! Ok fare enough this is their policy!! Then the plot thickened as I went for the half board I got breakfast & dinner but again was not informed you do not get any drink with you dinner so you have to bye your drink at dinner which I felt bumped by this. They actually wanted the euros there at the dinner hall until the last night I was there a lovely dinner lady named Lina charged it to my room as I was not going back up to my room for my purse as I know I can pay on check out...there was another very rude dinner lady with glasses which kept staring and refused my children & I drink with my dinner b4 which showed me she was going above and beyond for a waitress. The room it self was great only thing No iron or an ironing room so it’s a good thing I ironed all our clothes otherwise we would of been doomed!! No alcohol with half board and no tooth brushes given in room so it is the little things that count. Overall it was a ok stay..

I liked the location, the view and the breakfast the hotel decor was a plus as you felt you get ur money’s worth...The indoor & outdoor pool was both worth the visit.

great loctaion just need to attend the minor things of beds and the tv.
    • Double or Twin Room

Disappointed with the bed. 2 singles put together for a 4 star isnt good enouugh. No english channels even when we asked at reception.

The staff are very nice. Breakfast was nice each morning . The view from the room was amazing.

Two adults and one teenager. All happy with stay.

Can’t think of anything.

Lucky enough to get a room with a decent view across Salou and the beach. All the way past Cambrils. Hotel was quiet for most of the week as relatively off season.

Ok location was the string point
    • Double or Twin Room

Food choices were limited so we were glad we only had breakfast included. Dinner was poor....buffet left out for too long and not at all enjoyable

Location....so close to the beach it was great Lots of local shops and lovely restaurants available close by

Pleasant stay.
    • Suite Acqua

Bathroom was dated Big corner bath with hand held shower. No overhead shower. Food never seemed to be hot enough at breakfast.. Bar lacked atmosphere

Very nice hotel, close to everything. Walking distance to beach,Portaventura Theme Park (25 minutes),shops,bars and restuarants 5 minutes walk Found free parking in street nearby. Stayed in Suite Aqua, lovely big clean room with amazing Sea views from a panoramic terrace. Comfortably slept 4 ( 2 adults 2 x teens) Plenty of storage space, nice bright airy renovated room, tastefully decorated. Free safe/Mini bar -with Suite Acqua as an added extra Good variety of food choices for both dinner and breakfast. Bar prices cheap. Staff excellent both in bar and throughout the hotel.

Everything was ok, but
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Everything was ok, but 1) the ham & cheese at the breakfast buffet was really poor quality, the bacon as well. The rest of the buffet was great, so its a pitty that they reduced on that item. 2) The toilet in our room smelled horribly, really growse, we could not leave the toilet door open, the air was just insopportable. Apart from these 2 items, we were really happy with the stay.

One week of bliss in a really nice hotel with friendly staff, great food and comfy double beds.
    • Double or Twin Room

The supermarket across the road closed the day after we arrived and that was a bit inconvenient for us but the hotel could not have influenced that !!

we loved the breakfast. We loved the comfy double bed/ The pool was really nice and the li lows were very comfortable. Staff who cleaned the rooms on 3rd floor were exemplary. The location of hotel was so good, just a short walk to the beach.

Fantastic time had by all
    • Family (3 Adults + 1 child)

Nothing we didn’t like

Staff, food, cleanliness, location. Everything about this hotel is amazing. So relaxing, staff are amazing. Staff are always ensuring all areas are clean and tidy. Food is great, and there is lots of it!

Nice place low cost very nice resort
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice place at quite low cost. Close to beach handy for shops Some nice historical places to see close by like Montblonc if the weather is bad as it was for us on one day. Great Irish bar and restaurant across the road if you fancy some familiar food.

Very nice but salou is boring.
    • Double or Twin Room

I like live music and was surprised that I had to google to find a bar with a bit of music on, I don't like the PR types trying to drag me in to boring bars with the promise of cheap beer and a free shot but that's nothing to do with the hotel.

The hotel was close enough but far enough away from the hustle bustle of a typical Spanish seaside resort. Nice staff and and a nice clean room. Not too noisy. Had a good time.

The hotel needs to be renovated
    • Double or Twin Room

The restaurant staff were unfriendly.i asked what kind of halal food they had.they don t clarify me.the breakfast time was only two hours 8pm-10 pm.the room needs to be renovated for an 4 star hotel

Near to beach.close to salou center.busplana transports to Barcelona city center and to airport

Excellent location, 3 minutes walk to the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room

4 euro a day for the use of the safe is excessive. 2 week stay = 56 euro!!! To much money. This needs to be looked at.

Excellent location, 3 minutes walk to the beach. Hotel has been newly updated. Hotel and room where always kept clean. A/C was good in the hotel and room. Big balcony with sea view (Room 610). Fridge and safe in room. Beds where comfortable. All staff very helpful and nice. One complaint, 4 euro a day for the safe in the room is overpriced I feel, however I would certainly recommend this hotel to family and friends. Good value for money with an excellent location to the main area without being noisy.

DREADFUL GLAD TO GET HOME TO A CLEAN HOUSE.
    • Double or Twin Room

The Bar and lounge needed updating, sofas and chairs were badly worn and dirty. The staff however were good they done there best to keep ever thing clean as possible. Also the toilets in the reception area were not fit for purpose, no water in the taps, no soap, no toilet paper. Should be condemned.

We did not like anything about Hotel Auqua- it was very dirty, towels were very old, beds were never changed unless you asked the maid to change them. Ants in shower and bedroom. etc etc etc.

Great location, less than 5 minutes from the beach and the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Like I said this is a perfect, relaxing hotel for couples. I would hesitate recommending this for families with young or pre-teen children. The pool area is small and splashfull playing will be on the expanse of relaxing atmosphere. The indoor pool area which should offer a relaxing escape for a swim and sauna is less than that when you are in danger of having kids cannonball into the pool on top of you like my girlfriend experienced. Our room was OK but it needed a coffee maker (the coffee at the bar downstairs is amazing though) and the bed was really hard, we could almost feel the springs through the mattress while laying down. Overall though we liked the Acqua.

Great location, less than 5 minutes from the beach and the promenade. Very friendly staff and very clean pool area and the indoor spa (gym, sauna and indoor pool). Cosy hotel, perfect for couples.

To be forgotten
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The pool is ridiculously small outside, then the internal pool was really not clean.. last, the restaurant is terrible, really bad experience there

The room was ok, and clean

I enjoyed my stay and the hotel but I doubt very much that I would visit Salou again.
    • Double or Twin Room

The prices in the bars/ hotel/ restaurants all very expensive for food and drink wether having a meal out or just a snack.

Staff very friendly, bed really comfortable, room cleaned every day to a very high standard. Restuarants nice but expensive although the price did vary in some. Lots of touts/ employee wanting your business on the front by the beach by all the restaurants. Very like it was many years ago in Tenerife.

Great Hotel 👍🏻
    • Double or Twin Room

I liked everything if I was to point out something for other guest it would be that is on a slight hill

The hotel is in a great location,all the staff were friendly and welcoming we had the panoramic room which had a great view over the beach and a big terrace also the bed was comfortable ,the room was cleaned daily .we would defiantly love to stop here again.

The location is great, a short walk from the beach and the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is just ok. There is variety, but I would prefer less of it in favour of quality. Most people didn't seem to mind. We had scrambled eggs and took our coffee elsewhere. We also had dinner, there was good fresh seafood and meat which we enjoyed.

The location is great, a short walk from the beach and the restaurants, yet quiet. There is a good pub just across the street and a convenience store nearby. We were able to find a spot for our car on the street even though there were lots of cars parked already. There is a bus stop for Port Aventura close to the hotel, just make sure you get really clear directions, it took us a while to find it. The AC was efficient which we appreciated during the hot weather, we actually had to turn it off every now and then.

Modern and Central Hotspot
    • Double or Twin Room

The only downside would be the size and location of the pool, shielded from the sun by the building itself and a large tree at the front.

The Hotel was very modern and had was just the perfect place for a getaway over a few days. The newly refurbished lounge far exceeded that of it's 4* rating, with friendly staff and great atmosphere. With a great range of cocktails and complimentary snacks, as well as a great ice cream selection. The Room was again newly refurbished, had a very comfortable double bed with ample space for the two of us. The The bathroom was brand new and was above our expectations, with an open shower and modern fittings. The location was excellent, only 100m from the beach and close to a large selection of restaurants. I would definitely recommend this property

Good location to access beaches and shops
    • Double or Twin Room

For me, too many meat dishes in the evening. Limited selection for non meat eaters or vegetarians Walk up to the hotel was tiring when you are pooped.

Good cross selection at breakfast for all tastes. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good location, near beach and shops but not in rowdy area. V short walk to bus to visit other locations, longer walk to train station, but worth it to visit Barcelona

Average
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

No doors on wardrobe or cabinets so therefore no privacy of belongings. Air con not effective enough. Junior suite terrace pictures is not what you get and pay for, got to pay to store baggage when waiting to leave for airport(this should be a complimentary service in my opinion).

Pool, bar, cleaners do a great job, bar staff very friendly and helpful, bathrooms nice. Reception staff helpful and do their best when you have special requests i.e you require a travel cot or baby bath.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Fantastic holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

It was less than 5 minutes from the bars and restaurants that were situated by the beach. We went into Barcelona for the night and getting there by train was easy as the station was a 15 minute walk from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Pleasure
    • Double or Twin Room

very friendly and helpful staff, very good food and extremely clean rooms! Excellent location, very close to the beach and shops! Would recommend strongly!

Great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The only negative comment I have is that the people in the room next door used their shower at 1am, the shower was very noisy and the pipes rattled which is not great when you are sleeping!

Great location, just a few hundred yards from the beach, restaurants, shops etc. The hotel was spotlessly clean and very well maintained, the staff are lovely and very helpful particularly the bar staff. Huge choice of food for breakfast. Lovely room with balcony and modern bathroom with great shower.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Fantastic hotel

Nothing to dislike.

The staff friendly and helpful especially Julia on the bar 5* for her hospitality an absolute credit to Acqua hotel, our room lovely and cleaned throughout our stay to high standard well done to the cleaners for their hard work, restaurant for all meals clean and well presented, food plenty and tasty only slight downside restaurant staff could be bit more attentive/sociable but still good, big thumbs up to the chefs. Overall fantastic hotel our daughter has booked for end of June and we cannot wait to return ourselves, Please don't change a thing keep up the good work, ⭐

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Weekend break at Acqua hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

No negatives except that if your not very mobile hotel is set on a slight hill, I went with my mum who did find it abit difficult but she still loved the hotel. If your looking for a relaxing holiday and quiet surroundings this is definitely the place to stay, although only small pool and not many sunbeds so could be harder to get sunbed high season? Lively area 5mins walk if that's what you want.

The rooms were extremely clean, the breakfast had such a good variety something for everyone's taste. The staff were very helpful and Friendly. Location was near to beach, bars and good restaurants.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Would definitely stay here again
    • Double or Twin Room

At no fault of the hotels, but there is a small hill from the hotel down the street, it was ok for us, but we saw a few elderly people struggle with it. Other than that we loved everything

The hotel is in a good location, lots of restaurants a short walk away. The hotel is newly refurbished, and very clean. The bed was very comfortable also.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Very average hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

No parking! We were searching very long time for a place to park. Almost impossible. It became a “project”. Also, the restaurant is in a basement and has a very low ceiling. It is therefore that it gets very smoky from the grilled food at dinner. It was impossible to enjoy. We did not even enter. It was that bad. What's more, when there are a lot of guests, it is very loud. The waiters seemed miserable and their uniforms were dirty with visible stains. Very average hotel. Time to paint the rooms, renovate and update the stuff.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Smell of smoke in bedroom.

Smell of smoke in bedroom.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Everything friendly staff

Everything friendly staff

great

Lovely and clean and near to the centre but still quiet. Never stay in the hotel much so it served our purpose

Very average
    • Double or Twin Room

No irons available, the pool area was small, food was average,

The location was good

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Comfy stay for outdoors activities all day.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Lack of diversity in breakfast. Staff can be nicer :)

Good accessibility to town center, beach and Portaventura by car.

Short stay would loved to have stayed longer
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent services room was lovely

Bed comfortable & nice linen

Noise from other rooms

Bed comfortable & nice linen

Very relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel staff very friendly, it’s walking distance to everything

The Staff in the hotel were very friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

The Staff in the hotel were very friendly.

Better pool area

Super location, clean, comfort, close to everything
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing major, perhaps some of the personnel should exercise smiling more often

Super location, clean, comfort, close to everything

• Double or Twin Room

A good option for business stays.
    • Double or Twin Room

No natural juices for breakfast and bad coffee.

The room was enough comfort and well clean. The climated pool and the sauna were great.

Overall, great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been a tiny bit better

Location was excellent, it was super clean and the staff were so so nice

good location, friendly staff, good breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

loved everything about this little gem,

The receptionist Gloria was most helpful.
    • Family Room

The dirt under the beds

The receptionist Gloria was most helpful.. she is kind and very good at her job! A credit to the hotel !!

The staff at this hotel were incredible, extremely friendly,...
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff at this hotel were incredible, extremely friendly, nice and so helpful

The only negative points are there was no Jacuzzi and the hotel was on a moderate to steep hill.

No Jacuzzi

Friendly Staff and near Salou centre

Vety nice hotel Andorra location!

Super in evry way!

Lovely hotel, great staff & food & very clean. We went at a very quiet time
    • Family (3 Adults + 1 child)

The pool area was quite small, we would not go back in the height of summer

Great choice of food & deserts

very pleasant and a great location-

very clean and comfortable, friendly staff

Lovely!
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice clean room, great location and the breakfast was amazing

Overcharging us for drinks during meals, and didn't mention it on my arrival

Hotel was excellent

It was very near to the beach
    • Double or Twin Room

Wasn't what we thought bar closed early each night small pool

It was very near to the beach

Amazing hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing hotel, so clean and quiet. Staff where very helpful and location was really good few mins walk to the beach and main strip.

AMAZINGLY FANTABULOUS!!! EXCELLENT!!! 😉😁👍

love everything!

Restaurant, bar, staff are AMAZING!!!

Overall our stay was good
    • Family Room

No entertainment or music in evenings😔

Staff were very friendly & helpful 10/10

Hotel acqua
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed linen were grey and were not changed, towels were very grey and old

Very good location, close to bars, beaches, good sauna.

I like the bed and food
    • Double or Twin Room

My room had no view for sea

I like the bed and food

More than happy with hotel lication and most of amenities

The gym had no dumbells or free weights

Hotel was close enough to beach and nightlife but far enough not to be disturbed

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Sunny Salou
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The beds were not comfortable

The chef Aitor was very good and made us delicious food every night

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Excellent Property
    • Double or Twin Room

Having to pay for the security safe.

Nice rooms, good pool area and spacious bar.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Excellent value

Stayed full board and the meals were fantastic.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Excellent!

Bathroom

Great stay in Salou.

Cold water in the swimming pool.

Super location.

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.